Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing like the Great Society could happen today. What a weird fear.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bandwagoning. Nice.

Really what I get from this wishful thinking narrative that you are worried about Harris so I am satisfied. You will have to excuse me if I do not find any credibility in your wishcasting and pseudo-polling.
    I have zero concern about defeating Harris nor concern about not overperforming expectations down ballot if she's at the top of the Democratic ticket. I'm not bandwagoning, I'm spitting facts. Far left trolls and far right trolls, in general, don't like to hear facts.

Biden is, for better or for worse, the Democrats' best candidate for 2024, plain and simple. It is what it is.

In 2028 they will have Newsom, Whitmer, Shapiro, and others. Long-term, they have a pretty deep bench. Kamala Harris won't be a part of it. If I had to put big money on who will be the first female president today it would be Whitmer and not Harris, not Nikki Haley, not "Big Mike", no one else. Trump is going to win Michigan in 2024, and the Democrats will hear the alarm bells and get smart and nominate Whitmer over Newsom and the rest in 2028, that's my way-too-early-but-not-terrible prediction.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh my money will be on Harris if she and Biden are re-elected. Joe won't last another term.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing like the Great Society could happen today. What a weird fear.
    Even at the peak of Obama's power he couldn't get a real majority to pass legislation as he wanted. One party or another will get such a majority eventually. Last time was when Clinton partnered with the Gramm and Gingrich for the contract with america. Similar scope but in the other direction.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even at the peak of Obama's power he couldn't get a real majority to pass legislation as he wanted. One party or another will get such a majority eventually. Last time was when Clinton partnered with the Gramm and Gingrich for the contract with america. Similar scope but in the other direction.
    Realistically, the Democrats are NEVER going to get a better majority than what they had from 2009-2010, just based on polarization post-2013 and the way the Senate works. Liberals will complain about the Senate and its inherent GOP bias post polarization, but, you're not going to change or overturn Article I of the Cons ution. Just be glad the 17th Amendment exists or else the GOP would have Senate supermajorities at the regular today.

Complain all you want about the 2009-10 supermajority being full of older "DINOs" afraid to quickly pass radical progressive legislation, but you're never going to get those kind of numbers again. In fact, depending on how 2024 goes, the Democrats might never see any Senate majority again, -or- at least for a generation or two. The House will keep going back and forth but it's unlikely that either party will ever get a very large majority in the lower chamber either due to, once again, polarization and double-sided gerrymandering benefiting the in bent party in more than 90% of congressional seats.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Realistically, the Democrats are NEVER going to get a better majority than what they had from 2009-2010, just based on polarization post-2013 and the way the Senate works. Liberals will complain about the Senate and its inherent GOP bias post polarization, but, you're not going to change or overturn Article I of the Cons ution. Just be glad the 17th Amendment exists or else the GOP would have Senate supermajorities at the regular today.

Complain all you want about the 2009-10 supermajority being full of older "DINOs" afraid to quickly pass radical progressive legislation, but you're never going to get those kind of numbers again. In fact, depending on how 2024 goes, the Democrats might never see any Senate majority again, -or- at least for a generation or two. The House will keep going back and forth but it's unlikely that either party will ever get a very large majority in the lower chamber either due to, once again, polarization and double-sided gerrymandering benefiting the in bent party in more than 90% of congressional seats.
    You just cannot help but wishcast. It's like a compulsion. Thanks for the convenient soothsaying.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The most intelligent (I'd argue, possibly only intelligent, definitely the most objective) left-leaning poster on this forum is Will Hunting , & I'm sure he'd agree with me on all of those points.

IMO me, Mark Celibate / bump, and will hunting/dok, would make a great three way political radio talk podcast... obviously dok would represent the pragmatic left, i'd represent the pragmatic right, and bump would represent the center who has different opinions on different topics and is more libertarian than anything.
    lol this is such a cringy, clingy post. I think you need some friends man.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's no telling what the electoral landscape will be after Trump dies. There's simply no one to replace him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol this is such a cringy, clingy post. I think you need some friends man.
    I do..... but they're married. With kids now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    80 year old is going to beat Trump s?

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    80 year old is going to beat Trump s?
    I could give two s...just beat Biden and you're Jake with me.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    He about went ass over the teacup again last night...they shortened the steps up to AF1, but he almost did a header anyway.

Remember this one>>>

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump struggles to answer when asked for proof of Biden ‘corruption’ (msn.com)

And then resorts to lies. So surprising.

Some strategists think the best way to beat Trump is just let him talk. The more he talks, the more his moral bankruptcy and lies come out. His cult will believe anything but for the independent swing voters just let any undecided see and hear what a cretin he is.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Trump struggles to answer when asked for proof of Biden ‘corruption’ (msn.com)

And then resorts to lies. So surprising.

Some strategists think the best way to beat Trump is just let him talk. The more he talks, the more his moral bankruptcy and lies come out. His cult will believe anything but for the independent swing voters just let any undecided see and hear what a cretin he is.
    That's why your side attempted to cut his head off.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's no telling what the electoral landscape will be after Trump dies. There's simply no one to replace him.

Leaders who know how to create cults from the down and out and make them violent are hard to replace.
    What we do know is the US does have a significant number of people who blame their own failings on others.
    Sometimes the connection is expected, but when people have no one to blame but themselves and instead of crying they try to kill people in government its disturbing.

There are a lot of white folks who have lived on top without thinking about it, and when they actually have to compete, they cant handle it. Thats what I see.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Leaders who know how to create cults from the down and out and make them violent are hard to replace.
    What we do know is the US does have a significant number of people who blame their own failings on others.
    Sometimes the connection is expected, but when people have no one to blame but themselves and instead of crying they try to kill people in government its disturbing.

There are a lot of white folks who have lived on top without thinking about it, and when they actually have to compete, they cant handle it. Thats what I see.
    I'll boil this down for ya, Chief...Trump made President.

That's it & that's all.

Thread Information