My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's go Suozzi, tbh. Suozzi by 14%.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Election tomorrow night, 02/13/2024; polls close 7PM EST.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This was called 30 minutes in.

Republicans too busy trying to impeach everyone. lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That was an easy flip

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lolol

dems pick up that seat in pennsylvania also

POLLS! POLLS!
    AHEAD IN THE POLLS!

Dems just win ELECTIONS!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lolol

POLLS! POLLS!
    AHEAD IN THE POLLS!

Dems just win ELECTIONS!
    CNN and their ilk just wants a horse race. Putting Trump up 10 points cranks up the fear mongering to 11.

They can keep talking about how Biden is too old while republicans keep racking the Ls. works for me.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New York couldnt handle a fraction of illegals that Texas does just like they couldn't handle Texas whippin' their ass in a fight,,,,,,,

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    New York couldnt handle a fraction of illegals that Texas does just like they couldn't handle Texas whippin' their ass in a fight,,,,,,,
    Uvalde says hi

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They can keep the lights on during a snowstorm.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lolol

POLLS! POLLS!
    AHEAD IN THE POLLS!

Dems just win ELECTIONS!
    Wasn't a pick up. Democrat retired, new Democrat won. Blue state house district. Bucks County zooming blue is why I think Biden will narrowly hold Pennsylvania but lose Michigan and IMO Wisconsin will be razor thin and the bellwether in the electoral college because Trump will win Georgia and Biden will win Arizona. Nevada will be close too, but its 6 electoral votes probably too small to factor either way.

They can keep the lights on during a snowstorm.
    Feb 2021 was a disaster, but to be fair NYC especially Manhattan has regular brownouts and they are definitely biased in favor of the rich (i.e. Lower Manhattan and the office buildings and tourist places everywhere there) at the expense of the poor (any apartments north of Central Park, Harlem, the Bronx, even lower-rent apartments in Midtown will suffer outages so Wall Street, State Street and Times Square will always keep the lights on no matter what).

The little place I lived in flickered on and off quite a bit and it was on 52nd and 3rd, across from the Redemption bar. $2,000 a month but paid for by my employer because I lived there a couple months because of training. Even though my office was on the 22nd floor on a building on State street, with a bird's eye view of the statue of liberty, they treated us young trainees like pawns, in the typical NYC corporatocracy way. They did pay for our MTA passes. I still have my yellow MTA pass as a souvenir. No air conditioning in the apartment meant that April went generally okay with the windows open but May was extremely rough with often sticky, humid nights, even with the box fan they provided on. Air conditioning in general is hard to find there.
    Last edited by Millennial_Messiah; 02-14-2024 at 11:39 AM.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Feb 2021 was a disaster, but to be fair NYC especially Manhattan has regular brownouts and they are definitely biased in favor of the rich (i.e. Lower Manhattan and the office buildings and tourist places everywhere there) at the expense of the poor (any apartments north of Central Park, Harlem, the Bronx, even lower-rent apartments in Midtown will suffer outages so Wall Street, State Street and Times Square will always keep the lights on no matter what).
    To be fair, power here was out for several days and the entire gird was almost destroyed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wasn't a pick up. Democrat retired, new Democrat won. Blue state house district. Bucks County zooming blue is why I think Biden will narrowly hold Pennsylvania but lose Michigan and IMO Wisconsin will be razor thin and the bellwether in the electoral college because Trump will win Georgia and Biden will win Arizona. Nevada will be close too, but its 6 electoral votes probably too small to factor either way.

The little place I lived in flickered on and off quite a bit and it was on 52nd and 3rd, across from the Redemption bar. $2,000 a month but paid for by my employer because I lived there a couple months because of training. Even though my office was on the 22nd floor on a building on State street, with a bird's eye view of the statue of liberty, they treated us young trainees like pawns, in the typical NYC corporatocracy way. They did pay for our MTA passes. I still have my yellow MTA pass as a souvenir. No air conditioning in the apartment meant that April went generally okay with the windows open but May was extremely rough with often sticky, humid nights, even with the box fan they provided on. Air conditioning in general is hard to find there.
    This is just an indication that you are an old man. Back in the 70s, the East Coast grid had all manner of problems. That came to a head around the turn of the millennium with massive blackouts in Ohio.

That is just it, Texas is now like what the East Coast grid was 30 years ago. The Texas GOP rejected all regulatory measure their commissions recommended. Let's panic about migrants instead.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless the border is shut down 100 percent somehow someway…

In the next decade

newly arrived immigrants will ADD 7 TRILLION to the usa economy according to the CBO

but you wont hear about this on magat channels

moron

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/...e-study-finds/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless the border is shut down 100 percent somehow someway…

In the next decade

newly arrived immigrants will ADD 7 TRILLION to the usa economy according to the CBO

but you wont hear about this on magat channels

moron

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/...e-study-finds/
    Migrants have a lower rate of criminality and most work hard. The only thing I have an issue with is paying taxes. Pay them like the rest of us and I have no problem.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Migrants have a lower rate of criminality and most work hard. The only thing I have an issue with is paying taxes. Pay them like the rest of us and I have no problem.

what kind of taxes?

every time they buy something- they pay the tax just like all of the rest of us

if they are working under the table - that means the employer is skirting the law also- so in that case both the employee and employer are avoiding taxes

buy a house? Taxed
    car?taxed
    goods? Taxed

either way- countries like canada are doing all they can to attract immigrants because they know that they are a boon to their economy

they know they start businesses, expand the culture, diversify the country, add richness and depth and - hopefully

HAVE BABIES which will help the economy/country in the future by keeping their labor market thriving

but the racist haters with zero understanding of how immigration is a positive economical benefit
    will never look beyond their racist hatred

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IMO, there is a very obvious and simple solution that is entirely not attainable politically: a straight forward, manageable path to legal residency that collects taxes without the full benefits (SS, Medicare, whatever else you want to choose) available to citizens. Illegal immigration could be easily and rapidly reduced via the elimination of hurdles to legal residency. So long as there are personal economic incentives to do so, people are going to come here. How many of them come here legally v. illegally is largely a function of the ease of coming here legally.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I got up & out before the real started...55+, strictly enforced (for now and should be long enough to see me to the crematorium, God willing and the Picketwire don't rise.) Naturally 99%+ White, and the Blacks that get in are fleeing the Blacks that are barred. As long as I stay within a 5 mile cir ference I don't see 'em, ever. It was and remains a Godsend.

Make no mistake though, (they'll) move on us; thru the courts, in the street. Just have to pray I don't live that long. tee, hee.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what kind of taxes?

every time they buy something- they pay the tax just like all of the rest of us

if they are working under the table - that means the employer is skirting the law also- so in that case both the employee and employer are avoiding taxes

buy a house? Taxed
    car?taxed
    goods? Taxed

either way- countries like canada are doing all they can to attract immigrants because they know that they are a boon to their economy

they know they start businesses, expand the culture, diversify the country, add richness and depth and - hopefully

HAVE BABIES which will help the economy/country in the future by keeping their labor market thriving

but the racist haters with zero understanding of how immigration is a positive economical benefit
    will never look beyond their racist hatred
    Income. And I never said that I had a problem with migrants. Many do pay their taxes.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    But the cops looked great in their gear.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will Hunting

After Suozzi wins by likely margin, Democrats aren't going to gerrymander New York after all:

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/0...-york-00141458

Even Jeffries himself says that, "Democrats need to win in districts that are currently on the map...".

Likely you still get flips out of NY-04 and possibly NY-22, but that's the caboose.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Income. And I never said that I had a problem with migrants. Many do pay their taxes.
    gotcha

wasnt saying you did…

Thread Information