NeoConIV
    Just curious...

Nbadan
    Ask and Ye shall receive...

WASHINGTON (AP) - The top Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee warned fellow Democrats in the Senate on Sunday against trying to block the nomination of Rep. Porter Goss as CIA director, saying that would be picking the wrong fight in this election year.

Democrats should ask tough questions of Goss, R-Fla., at Senate confirmation hearings next month, but ``my view is this is the wrong fight,'' Rep. Jane Harman, D-Calif., said on NBC's ``Meet the Press.''

``To get stuck in a fight about Porter Goss after tough questions are asked of Porter Goss is not where we ought to be this fall,'' said Harman, who has no vote on the matter because the Senate confirms presidential nominees.

Goss resigned as chairman of the House intelligence panel last week after President Bush nominated him to replace George Tenet at CIA.

..more..
    Guardian

I would say the democrats are putting country, and the safety of its citizens, before politics in the Goss nomination confirmation process.

NeoConIV
    Need I ask more?

NeoConIV
    Dan's genuinely feel good, pro-America post is where again?

spurster
    When was the exercise of free speech anti-American?

By the same criteria, the whole GOP was anti-American during the Clinton administration.

Ruby Ridge
    Get it straight.

to criticize the current administration is not being un-American. It's un-Republican. Big difference.

Hook Dem
    A "pro Bush post" was not asked for. A "pro America" post was asked for. Damn...can't you read??????

Joe Chalupa
    I think posting in this forum is pro-American.

But hey, that's just me.

Hook Dem
    Joe!...... ...you silver tounged devil!

NeoConIV
    I think burning a US flag is pro-American...

MannyIsGod
    i can't remember the author but i like this quote -

i am a patriot because i want to make my country worth fighting for.

i think that applies to most people here.

ClintSquint
    If anyone says that I'm un-American or un-patriotic just beause I speak out I'll kick their ass like a real American!

Hook Dem
    Go ahead punk! Make my day! Well said Clint!

Thread Information