Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Pooh
    SWWWEEEEEEEEEET!

God31
    Can't wait for the NBA Champs shirts to come out....

LandShark
    Can't wait for the NBA Champs shirts to come out....

Are you planning to become a Spurs fan?

God31
    Memphis will beat you guys in round one so i'm not worried about the Spurs. Spurs and Kings will be out in round one. Mark my words

SAmikeyp

oh...you were serious about that?

seriously though, congrats on the division guys.

God31
    lol

Yeah i'm serious. If you play Memphis in round one, they will knock you out. And the Kings are nothing since C-Webb has returned. They had a good game today but still. Peja scoring average without C-Webb was like 25.6.... his average with C-Webb is like 19.5. Peja is their best player and C-Webb is stopping their top player, he is doing something everyone else wanted to do, but he's doing it to his own teammate.

BMiller hasn't been the same since C-Webb has returned either.

Kings are done. Stick a fork in them.

SAmikeyp
    you gave analysis about the Kings...none about the Spurs? :Q

and I noticed you ignored my compliment...you must have gone to the Pooh school of sportsmanhip.

Pooh
    He'll get around to answering you Mikey...he's smarter than you think and attends a lot of sporting events here and out of the country. Don't get him started on Hockey, he'll wipe you off the mat, literally.

SAmikeyp
    I never questioned how smart he was, I just asked a question. While I doubt he would wipe the mat with me on hockey, he probably does know more than I. Not a huge hockey fan really, nothing against the sport but I grew up mainly on football and basketball, with baseball thrown in on occasion. Also Pooh, don't doubt my sports knowlegde either.

Pooh
    Not doubting anyones...

SAmikeyp
    Don't get him started on Hockey, he'll wipe you off the mat, literally.
    sounds like it to me....also sounds like a borderline threat. again, not a wise move.

God31
    you gave analysis about the Kings...none about the Spurs?
    I didn't state why and that is wrong on my part, but you didn't say anything to convice me otherwise either.

I just think if the Spurs played Memphis they would lose, because Memphis is very athletic. Very good defensive team with a star player. They are more athletic then San Antonio. Their bench is deep. Their coach is a genius.

Swift and Posey would have good series against the Spurs. Tony Parker would have tons of trouple stopping Jason Williams. Pau Gasol is very good too. It would be a closer series oviously, but the Grizz are young and very athletic and too fast for SA IMO, which is why i would see them beating SA. Although, i dont think anyone else (besides LAL) has a chance to beat SA.

Not because Memphis is the 2nd best team in the West, but Memphis matches up very well against San Antonio. It's an opinion of mine, from a un-biased fan who doesn't like near SA or Memphis.

As for hockey, it's my first love. I love it more then anything. But then again, i live in a hockey-mad area. I live and die with the Sabres.

I don't expect many people in SA to like hockey, as it's mostly a popular sport in the Northeast, USA, but it's a great game. I don't expect you to know as much about hockey, because i live in a place where hockey is huge.

At work, i sometimes talk to random people about the state of hockey, the state of the sabres, i can go to a random barber shop with a sabres shirt and stay there for 45 minutes talking about the needs and wants of hockey and the Sabres, i watch alot of hockey, i read alot of hockey magazines and listen to alot of radio sports shows which hockey is main topic on. There is not much cities you can say that about.

NHL playoffs start tomorrow and after that the world cup of Hockey begins. There will be excellent hockey from now until September 15th. And around Sept 20th, training camps open for NHL teams, so the fun has just started. NHL is in its down period right now but still is a elite league. Not many can say that.

As for you saying congrats to Pacers, i didn't think much of it. Thanks, you were nice, i didn't think i needed to send you a cookie as a thanks. I read it, it was nice of you and i let it go.

SAmikeyp
    I didn't ask for a cookie, I was being sportsmanlike, no harm in that or so I thought.

I like hockey and although its minor league here its pretty popular. Probably due to the all the military stationed here from other places and people who have moved here from up north.

While I disagree with your analysis, it was pretty insightful, you don't think that having a healthy Duncan, which was not a factor for 2 1/2 of those wins, will change that?

It would be a closer series oviously, but the Grizz are young and very athletic and too fast for SA IMO, which is why i would see them beating SA. Although, i dont think anyone else (besides LAL) has a chance to beat SA.
    so you don't think the Grizz will win or you do? you say both here.

NZ Spurs
    It would be a closer series oviously, but the Grizz are young and very athletic and too fast for SA IMO, which is why i would see them beating SA.
    Ohh heck and how many "run and gun" teams have won the NBA championship in the last couple of years? Come playoffs the Grizz will be in way over their head much like Phoenix were last season.

And when did Pau become a star?

Pooh
    When did Parker?

SAmikeyp
    Who said parker was?

God31
    so you don't think the Grizz will win or you do? you say both here.
    Sorry for not being clear. I meant that i don't think Memphis has better chances to win the le then San Antonio, i just feel they have a very good chance of beating SA because they are very athletic which i think will hurt SA. Posey, Swift and Miller are not the best players, but match very well even against an awsome defender like Bowen. Ginobili is an amazing player (for the record, he's one of my favorite players in the NBA)

They are also deep and that will hurt SA who i don't think is that deep. In the playoffs, i don't think SA would be able to stay with them in a 7 game series. Hubie Brown is also a genius as a coach.

I think Jason Williams could tear Tony Parker apart. He's fast and veyr moble.

you don't think that having a healthy Duncan, which was not a factor for 2 1/2 of those wins, will change that?
    Of course it will. Duncan is an awsome player, a top 3-4 player in the NBA. But it's more then a one on one game and IMO i feel that Memphis head to head would beat San Antonio. If SA does beat Memphis, i think Duncan will need to be series MVP and totally dominate 4 of the games. I don't see the Spurs beating Memphis, with their good defense, fast offense, athetlic players and deep bench with Duncan playing so-so.

God31
    Ohh heck and how many "run and gun" teams have won the NBA championship in the last couple of years? Come playoffs the Grizz will be in way over their head much like Phoenix were last season.

Who said Memphis will win the le? All i said they can upset the Spurs in round one, and it's not like theres never any upsets.

As for Gasol, he became a star when he started to average 19ppg, 9rpg, 2bpg, 2.5apg. He's the best player on a 5th seeded team in the west. That in my book makes him a star.

SAmikeyp
    I would agree with that, the Spurs can certainly not go into a series with Memphis looking past them. Memphis has beaten all the top teams in the league and are capable of making noise.

NZ Spurs
    Fair enough god... I don't agree especially about Pau but I see your point.

NZ Spurs
    4-0

OUCH!

NZ Spurs
    chirp chirp.

Pooh
    Reason for the silence is that we're still waiting to see who were going to destroy in the next round. No sense in putting up useless threads.

Useruser666
    Um just came in here to see the what this part of the board was about. The prediction from God was way off. Reading that made me think he had th team names reversed or something. Oh well good luck Pacers.

Useruser666 :eyebrow

Believe.
    My Team
    Memphis Grizzlies
    Post Count
    del.

Thread Information