Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They need a Karl Malone. Someone who is not going to take a poke in the eye and look for the refs to do something about. Someone who is not going to let the opposing team beat up Manu and get away with it. Someone who is going to have the "eye for an eye" mentality. Another words, someone who has some has a backbone.

Denver bullied the Spurs and the Spurs didn't do anything back. That is crap. The Spurs looked like a bunch of girls out there last night.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They need a Karl Malone. Someone who is not going to take a poke in the eye and look for the refs to do something about. Someone who is not going to let the opposing team beat up Manu and get away with it. Someone who is going to have the "eye for an eye" mentality. Another words, someone who has some has a backbone.

Denver bullied the Spurs and the Spurs didn't do anything back. That is crap. The Spurs looked like a bunch of girls out there last night.
    In your line of opinion .. I'd prefer Shaq ... You know after sombody hit on Wade, the next you will be welcomed by Shaq ...

Anyway for playoffs we don't need nothing like that, only improve our defense that this wasn't as good as the previous season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Rasho is our enforcer...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed. They did allow the Nuggets to "push them around" last night. They were more physical and really "took it to the Spurs" in every way.

I have to admit I would love it if just once the Spurs would exact some "hard fouls" on opposing players when they drive the lane. Obviously, the objective is winning the game and I know Pop doesn't prefer those tactics, but you cannot simply let anyone "punk" you and gain confidence in thinking they can beat you and beat you up at the same time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs need someone who is going to stand up to someone like Kenyon and punks like that. I hate the fact that the Spurs just take it. They complain, but don't do anything.

Goodwill Ambassador spurs_fan_in_exile's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think people are riding the physical aspect of last night's game a little too hard. I think they got pushed around because they were tired, as per their usual b2b performance. The Sonics last year were far more thugariffic than the Nuggets this year, and the Spurs were able to handle that well enough. It wasn't much fun to watch, but it's about what I secretly expected to happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, because more thug-like behavior is exactly what the NBA needs. Because the point shouldn't be basketball. The point should be taking things personally and going out of the way to hurt people if you think they got away with something. That is precisely what this game is lacking.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We Need Danny Fortson!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wheres tony massenburg when u need him

Seriously we dont need an enforcer, we need guyz to hit there open shots and rebound.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they need an loser asshole on the team? no thanks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am not saying for the Spurs to go out and get a thug. They just need to find their spines and hit back. Not in a ghetto type of way. Not in some criminal way. Just let other teams know that they aren't going to take the type of crap they took last night. Seriously, the Nuggets took it to them and the Spurs backed down. I don't want to hear that "back to back" excuse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The best revenge is hitting your shots, not the other guys. That's how they won last year.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Mike Tyson is a free agent. He'll bite an ear off someone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He could give Horry some pointers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with you Spurs fan in exile. However, they need to stop acting like girls at times.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am not saying for the Spurs to go out and get a thug. They just need to find their spines and hit back. Not in a ghetto type of way. Not in some criminal way. Just let other teams know that they aren't going to take the type of crap they took last night. Seriously, the Nuggets took it to them and the Spurs backed down. I don't want to hear that "back to back" excuse.
    Exactly. Not a thug.

A Kevin Willis.

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Kareem available?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kareem was a lightweight. That's why the Lakers had Kermit.

T-robot programmed to kill SpursStillTippin's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea i agree. Ive been a spurs fan since i can remember and we never had anyone like that and we still won les. But I was honestly sitting staring at my TV last night and wondering if they even cared. I mean if i get pushed im pushing back if i get elbowed im elbowing back. Although after every hard foul Manu and Parker STILL attacked the rim with no fear so they are doing their part, its our bigs that need to man up and shut down the lane, get a tech if you have too man the playoffs are coming lets grow some!!!!!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd be lying if I said I didn't sometimes wish for that. The conclusion I usually come to is that doing that would prompt the refs to feel like they need to "get control" of the game and turn it into a free throw contest, which is terrible news for the Spurs and woud make the games boring and unwatchable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kevin Willis was the man. He didn't take any crap. The Spurs are missing that type. Can they win a championship without this type of player? Yes. However, I think it would give the Spurs some type of edge.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Top10 Things the Spurs need for the playoffs is for Tim's PF to go away.

The Spurs don't play physical basketball, they don't bang and clobber, and they don't scare anybody. That's not Pop's style of play.

Kevin Willis and Tony Massenburg played so few minutes that they had no impact on the Spurs image or results.

The Usual Suspect
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly. Not a thug.

A Kevin Willis.
    Or a Glen Robinson. (There's actually been a long line of them...Danny Ferry, Will Purdue...Mario Elle was known to shake a few trees in his days with the Spurs, too. They need a quiet rumbler.)
    Last edited by pache100; 03-23-2006 at 01:23 PM.

The Usual Suspect
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Top10 Things the Spurs need for the playoffs is for Tim's PF to go away.

The Spurs don't play physical basketball, they don't bang and clobber, and they don't scare anybody. That's not Pop's style of play.

Kevin Willis and Tony Massenburg played so few minutes that they had no impact on the Spurs image or results.
    See? It was so subtle you didn't even realize it was happening. They served their purpose and were very good at what they did. Got 'er done. I would not be at all surprised (after Pop's little episode the other night) to see someone like introduced to the roster. Soon.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What the Spurs need against the Pistons

1) REBOUNDING

I know we did pretty solid rebounding last year in the finals but i highly highly doubt the pistons will let themselves get in a 2-0 hole that they got in from lack of rebounding and TD outrebounding both wallaces combined. This year the pistons are out for blood and if we dont rebound like our lives depended on it we'll lose this series in 5 easily

2) Manu Ginobili playing like he did last night

One of the biggest reasons we won the entire thing last year, if not the biggest, was Manu playing at his absolute peak. He raised his game in every aspect and simply took over. I LOVED what i saw from manu last night, I only hope it wasnt a fluke and he continues that way through the playoffs.

3) Tony Parker

He's playing great but I still say you take away his penetration and he's pretty much useless. Yeah his jumper has improved but I wouldn't call him a perimeter player by any means. There is no team in the league that can do a better job of keeping TP out of the lane than Detroit. TP will always do great to start the game against detroit and then 5 minutes into the first quarter they shut him down.

4) Tim Duncan's PF

I know I know, Tim had 2 bum ankles and we still beat them, but unfortunately this year's pistons team IS better than last year. not only that, but this team is DYING to beat the spurs and has much greater motivation than we do after last year. If Tim isn't at least 80% healthy, their frontline will annihilate ours. I dont care what happend last year, the pistons frontcourt is still much much better than ours right now.

I'm not saying we arent gonna win it all, but its gonna be much much tougher than last year. that fantastic 2-0 we had in last year's series I doubt will happen again. we HAVE to get a split in the 1st 2 games in detroit or else we'll be in huge huge trouble being down 2-3 and heading to game 6&7 in detroit

Thread Information