Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Face it Spur fans, April 7th is the biggest game of this season for you and your team as you limp into the playoffs. You know if the Mavericks win by 30 (Again) , and it could possibly be the bump in the road that will keep those river boats gas free, and very dry for another 12 months.

The Spurs are barely winning what should be easy games as it is. Bruce Bowen is already resorting to Ninja tactics and your not even in round one yet,

On the other hand the Dallas Mavericks are a fresh young hungry team wanting an NBA Championship as they prove that on a weekly basis winning game after game to stay on top. I can only imagine what must be going through a Spurs fans mind as April 7th closes near. Some of you are still on suicide watch after the ass waxing you got from the Sonics.

Well you can hide all your calendars and you can lock yourselves up in your moms basement and play the 1999* Championship series over and over till your VCR explodes. It still won't change a thing,
    April 7th is still right around the corner. And If I was you I would start now on making up some cool excuses on why you lost so you can look like you know what your talking about as others here post how they want Pop and 75% of the Spurs team traded.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the spurs lost 2 consecutive games to EASTERN CONFERENCE teams a while ago

a loss to dallas wouldnt mean much
    Last edited by mookie2001; 03-29-2006 at 01:05 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    good ol' mouse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mouse is right.

April 7th has been on my mind for two weeks now.

That's my sister's birthday and I have no idea what to get her.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is this guy drinking?

Mavs on top? Don't think so.

Mavs gonna be on top? Don't think so.

Mavs take early exit from playoffs? Probably.

Ain't over 'till its over MaNuMaNiAc's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    mouse being mouse, wouldn't be Spurstalk without this

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well you can hide all your calendars and you can lock yourselves up in your moms basement and play the 1999* Championship series over and over till your VCR explodes.
    Then I'll have to pull out the DVD player and watch the 2003 & 2005 championship DVD's until that explodes.

I guess the only way I'll be safe from blowing up my electronics is to play all of those past Dallas championship videos.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mouse is right.

April 7th has been on my mind for two weeks now.

It's been on my mind too. But only because both of my kids have a game that night and I'm going to have to sell my tickets. Good news, though...they are going for a small fortune on ebay.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    the spurs lost 2 consecutive games to EASTERN CONFERENCE teams a while ago

a lost to dallas wouldnt mean much
    This coming from a LongHorn fan who had to be awakened from his coma by his Dr and told that His team did win a Championship afterall, and that taking all those pills could have killed you? I remember that day very well my friend, this board could not find you , or any other LongHorn fan when you guys where behind by two tochdowns in the fourth quarter. So with that said? I am not sure if what you say holds any water on this subject. I do know that I need to hear from fans who are there to support thier Spurs in the final 4 minutes. not from fans who bail out on the Spurs when they are only 2-2 to the Sonics (aka Tpark)

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How can you say that after a Mavs loss and a Spurs win?

One thing I've realized living in Dallas, all Mavs fan look up to the Spurs and wish their team could be like the Spurs. Every sports talk host uses the Spurs as a measuring stick for the Mavs. It's an obsession almost parallel to Red Sox fans looking up to the Yankees.

That's my psychotherapy for Mouse's obsessions.

Goodwill Ambassador spurs_fan_in_exile's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn right Bruce is busting out the Ninja moves. He's looking like Sean Elliot in his prime with that corner three!

4 titles 9 years
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hey guys long time reader but first time poster.

april 7th is a big day spurs fans, we cant deny it but the playoffs and seedings dont pend on this one game. we already are up one game on the mavs and we currently own the first two tie breakers. either way im not to scared of the mavs in a 7 game series if they have home court or not. either way i see us beating yall in 5 or 6 games. sorry mav fans but the ships are won in the post season.

Go Spurs Go

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Posted a day after the Mavs fall one game farther behind the Spurs.

Caution, Blind Homer Crossing.

The Blind
    Homer Award

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    How can you say that after a Mavs loss and a Spurs win?

Are you talking about a regular season game? Did you not get the memo? That is a no no at this forum. Or at least that is waht I waas told after the 32 point asswaxing you guys took from Dallas. Trust me, April 7th is a stament game that will make , or break your Ninja playing Spurs

One thing I've realized living in Dallas, all Mavs fan look up to the Spurs and wish their team could be like the Spurs.

Was that before or after they won by 30 points?

Every sports talk host uses the Spurs as a measuring stick for the Mavs. It's an obsession almost parallel to Red Sox fans looking up to the Yankees.
    And every self defense karate instuctor uses Bruse Bowen as a mentor so what's your point?

That's my psychotherapy for Mouse's obsessions.
    [b]Take me out of the picture, and April 7th is still calling. So what lame post will you make next to change that?[b]

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you talking about a regular season game?
    No, you're talking about a regular season game. You know, the one on April 7. Playoffs don't start until around the 20th or so.

Philippines vs. USA team in 2012 London Olympics Duncanoypi's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    whats the record of Spurs-Mavs head to head this season mouse?

Stuck In La La Land
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The 30 point loss worked out pretty well last year. Let the ass-waxing begin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Caution, Blind Mav Homer crossing.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i believe that was a 40 point loss bigvee. it really didn't hurt our le chances much...

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    hey guys long time reader but first time poster.
    Translation:I am really TPark and I made this screen name so I could post in a topic about being a fan

april 7th is a big day spurs fans, we cant deny it but the playoffs and seedings dont pend on this one game. we already are up one game on the mavs and we currently own the first two tie breakers. either way im not to scared of the mavs in a 7 game series if they have home court or not. either way i see us beating yall in 5 or 6 games. sorry mav fans but the ships are won in the post season.

Go Spurs Go

I wish you would have came out of Lurkers Ville when 98% of the posters here had grape Kool-aid on thier minds after the Sonics loss. They could have used you Brah!

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    whats the record of Spurs-Mavs head to head this season mouse?

Regualar season? Or statement games like April the 7th? You guys can't have it both ways. In one post you put how losing by 30 points did not mean a dam thing, and in another post? you want to know who won thew most games this season,either it matters or it doesn't. I know one thing if regualr season games don't mean much you couldn't tell that after the Sonics loss it was mass hysteria.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or statement games like April the 7th
    Why would that be any different than any other regular season game? Is it worth more in the W or L column?

The worst thing that would happen (Spurs lose) is that the season series will be 2-2 ... but we still own the tie breaker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Go BLUE or go HOME! theMUHMEshow's Avatar
    My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Dallas is a joke...SA will have no problem rolling them up and smoking them inthe playoffs...

Grandma rubbed an egg on me
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh yeah well..........daym, forgot what i was gonna say. Avatars of breasteses making me crazy!

Thread Information