Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Ok, so I need to vent a little cus I am really freaked out and need some advice.

This morning at around 10am I was still asleep and a little hung over when I heard a loud crash come from the living room. Then I heard some rumbling around and another CRASH, only closer and I could her someone rumbling around in my roommates room. I freaked out, cus I knew someone had thudded through the two locked doors. There was a ing intruder in my house, and I was home all alone. I frantically found my cell phone and called 911. Just when the lady hung up CRASH! on my bedroom door, which thankfully I had locked hte night before going to bed. He was trying to get into my bedroom! I let out a blood-curdling scream and started crying, i was SOOO sure I was going to be raped or murdered or both.

Apparently my scream sent him packing and he ran out. Two minutes later the police showed up and yelled out for me. I unlocked my bedroom door and there they were, guns drawn cus they didnt know if he was still in the house. I have NEVER been so happy to see cops in my life. I was just bawling at that point and shaking. They dusted for fingerprints and left.

MY stepdad is luckily a handyman and brought his drill over and reattached the frame to the front door as best he could so it still locks. But my roommates arent home and every sound is just making me jumpy. One is in Austin for the weekend and the other left early this morning and hasnt returned. Neither one has a cell phone so I find myself not able to leave cus I dont want them to come home to fingerprint dust and ed up doors and all over hte place. But nearly five hours later I am still jumpy in fact I am having trouble even typing this cus my hands are so shaky.

I guess I just need to vent and get some advice, as my family is all up in arms and more paranoid than me and they are making it worse. I need some cool heads here. Has this happened to anyone, or anyone you know? How do you stop jumping at every little noise, like the A/C switching on or a car passing by? This is just crazy and I feel nauseous like I need to throw up. I am not looking for attention I guess I just need to hear from peeps who arent gonna make me more jumpy. This is teh scariest that has ever happened to me and all of my friends are at work so I can't vent. ARGHHHHHHHHHH.

Worst. ing.Day.Ever.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Holy . I'm truly sorry. That sounds like some very, very, scary stuff. Sounds like you need to get a dog and a gun. Hopefully they pick up some fingerprints and are able to can that er. Again, sorry to hear this happened.

In a garbage can next to Oscar. To be more specific, I live in the suburbs of Detroit.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Definitely a scary situation for you. I really don't know what to say. It surely is shocking to read that, but I can't even start to fathom how you are feeling. If you are intent on staying there, try and get a family member to stay with you if one isn't already.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    It takes time my friend. I remember jumping at every little sound when someone threw rocks through our windows back in SA. It wasn't the you went through but I get the paranoia.

Thank God you are alright.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Dude, they were here, and they were making more jumpy! I had to send them off. My sister asked me if I wanted her to call in sick and I said no. First she is a single mom and needs he money and second, I am so exhausted I just want to sleep but I can't, I need to wait for roommate no. 1 to come home, he is the homeowner and needs to know. I just hate the waiting. I hope nothing is missing from roommate no. 2's room, I have no idea if there is or not. The guy was apparently going to steal his iron, it was in a box and they found fingerprints on it. Could be all the roommate's but maybe not.

Coincidentally, my sister just called to tell me as she was driving home (she lives like five blocks from me) that she saw the same guy who dusted my house dusting another one and two other evidence units all within blocks of me. I wonder if he hit several houses?

You give great headache. Condemned 2 HelLA's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Damn Mel!! That's crazy! Other than frayed nerves, glad to hear that you are okay!
    Initially, EVERYTHING is going to make you jumpy and unsafe after going through something like that. Not much you can really do about that.
    My advice to you here is go over to your mom's house and hang out there for a while. Leave a note for your roommates to call you on your cell when they get home and you can tell them then. Go over to a friend's place and hang out there or somewhere else with them. Right now, what you really need to do is get the out of there for a while. It sounds to me that the longer you stay there, the more berserk you're going to go.
    If you decide to go back home to sleep and you don't anticipate anyone else being home, have a friend stay there with you. You won't get a moment's sleep if you can't relax. Perhaps having a friend or relative there to keep you company will at least start to soothe your jangled nerves.
    Again, really sorry to hear that happend to you, Mel.
    Last edited by Condemned 2 HelLA; 10-21-2006 at 03:29 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Mel, do you have any dogs in your place?
    I remember reading that a dog barking is the best thing to detract intruders.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    There is almost a full bottle of cheap vodka left from my friend's birthday party last night. It's really crappy stuff, and he sent me home with it cus I bought him an expensive bottle last night. It might come in handy! I am thinking of mixing myself a drink. I wonder if this will make things worse though? Alcohol is a depressent after all.

Man, I quit smoking like five years ago and all I want right now is a good long drag. !

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I think you have earned it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Mel, do you have any dogs in your place?
    I remember reading that a dog barking is the best thing to detract intruders.
    Actually, my roommate has two huge dogs, rotweillers, mean mother ers but they are in a fence-like enclosure in the backyard, cus our backyard doesnt have a perimeter fence. The backyard is HUUUGE and they are pretty far back. I never hear them bark, ever. I didnt even know he had them till two weeks after I moved in!

If they were loose in the yard though, I bet I would have heard them. Those are some mean es, I wish they could have helped.

As for the gun- I dunno. Not sure its for me, although I have been to a firing range with my brother and I am a pretty good shot. Just don't know, at least if I do decide to get one (though not likekly) there are no kids who live here.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    You can come up here and live with us Mel. We have plenty of room and if anyone gets too close, I'll shoot 'em for ya.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    haha, thanks mikey. But this little messican doesn't do snow. I was in New Jersey all last winter and is ing sucked!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    true but hey, with enough alcohol, you can ignore the snow!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Todd, you are probably right about not staying here but right now I don't have anywhere else to go really. Everyone is at work, school or out of town like roommate no. 2. I am about to buy a new car but I dont have one right now, which the cops pointed out was likely the reason he thought the house was empty, there were no cars in teh driveway.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    What area of town?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    That sucks. I'm am going to go find those ers and ink on them!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    What area of town?
    Woodlawn Lake area.

I know some of you will scoff and say that's why but quite honestly this area is fairly safe, I used to go speed walking around the lake in the mornings for exercise and the biggest threat was the ing stray dogs everywhere. I don't think I will be going anymore.

Speaking of dogs, a guy walking his saw the guy pull up to the hosue in a old gmc pickup truck adn leave the engine going. He just figured that he was trying to solicit and kept walking his dog. On his way back he saw the cops and stopped and gave a description. White truck, hispanic dude, bald wearing a white shirt. Not a great description but the truck description helps. I remember hearing it turning the corner as he was screeching off, loud mother ing engine. So hopefully that and the prints on the doors and box will nab him.

They aslo think he could have been a drug addict cus he rifled through my medicine cabitnet and there was a big finggerprint on that. Nothign is missing cus all I had in there besides toiletries was extra-strength PMS formula midol. I guess it isn't his time of month.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Woodlawn Lake area.

I know some of you will scoff and say that's why
    LOL

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    you, PM5K. Not everyone can afford to live on teh "safe" northside, nor do they care to. So you.

edit: You didnt have the LOL the first time you posted. Are you joking or what? Either way, dont be an asshole.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    From now on Melmart needs to be strapped at all times.

You give great headache. Condemned 2 HelLA's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I guess it isn't his time of month.
    At least you can retain a little bit of your sense of humor after all of this!
    Good for you!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Strapped? What do you mean? I dont think my humorous side is fully intact right now. BLAH!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    you, PM5K. Not everyone can afford to live on teh "safe" northside, nor do they care to. So you.

edit: You didnt have the LOL the first time you posted. Are you joking or what? Either way, dont be an asshole.
    You said it hun, not me.

At least you don't have to deal with all this Bass Pro Shop traffic....

Seriously though, sorry that happened, I'm a grown man and I'd be scared out of my mind if it was me. My brother used to live in that area before home invasions became popular and he was robbed multiple times, once they came in through the window ac unit, and a few other times they stole things out of the back yard, another time someone was eyeing his house, and another time that was semi funny, my sister in-law saw a guy going to the back to get the mower, he said that the guy that lived there said he could borrow it, she new better and told him some and he left.....

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    1. strapped

to have a gun on oneself

that is strapped ! that 'll run up on u with a 9 !

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Know exactly how you feel.

I came home one summer for college, and our home that summer while we had been away had been robbed.

The walls spray painted with racist vulgarities and other stuff.

Everything taken.

Windows broken, they tried to even set fire to the place.

But that whole two months i stayed at home was the worst Ive ever slept, and every little creak in the house I thought was someone in the house.

I left lights on, left outside lights on, tvs radios anything to hopefully if anyone was out there, let them know that someone was home.

I totally felt how you felt, and totally sympathize with you.

While alchohal wouldn't normally be the answer, eh, screw it, make some mixed drinks!!

Hope you feel better Mel.

Thread Information