Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I have a Gateway computer and about two hours ago while getting out the computer I hit something that caused the bookshelf in front of my computer desk to move causing a large object from the top to fall and hit the back of my computer. I didn't think anything of it untilo I returned and couldn't get an internet connection.

I ooked at the conenct in the back and I guess (i never noticed) the cable port had two thingy's light up green, well now only one of them is lit up. I'm not sure if that's the problem, my guess it is.

How can I fix it?

Also, I have RR so I'm thinking of just connecting my modem via USB. Does Time Warne rhave those?

If you can't slam with the best then jam with the rest sabar's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Make sure the cable is plugged into the port and make sure, if it's a network card (doubtful if it's gateway) that it's plugged in like so:

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    You should be able to use the USB connection. Chances are you'll have to get a seperate card to use ethernet again. They are cheap and mouse should only charge you a 40 to install it.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    check the cable too, make sure you're getting contact on the connectors. if the cable end got damaged that could be your problem as well. but chump is right, probably just your NIC.

Thread Information