Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 26
  1. #1
    I abhor ugliness Vizzini's Avatar
    My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Post Count
    778
    http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/news/s...d=2&id=2901813

    I don't follow NASCAR on an everyday basis, but this is pretty big news, seeing that arguably 3 of the top 8 drivers will now be on the same team.

  2. #2
    Dirk Administers THE SHOCKER LEONARD's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Post Count
    8,576
    Holy !! That would be like Shogun joining BTT, Big Nog joining CB, or Ken Shamrock joining Team Punishment!!

  3. #3
    Veteran
    My Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Post Count
    12,134
    Holy !! That would be like Shogun joining BTT, Big Nog joining CB, or Ken Shamrock joining Team Punishment!!

    I have no idea what any of those analogies mean.

  4. #4
    Dirk Administers THE SHOCKER LEONARD's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Post Count
    8,576
    I have no idea what any of those analogies mean.
    Where the f have you been holmes????

  5. #5
    Big Mo MoSpur's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Post Count
    7,185
    Well, Dale Jr wants to win. Going to Hendricks Motorsports will give him the best opportunity to do so. Its like the Dream Team. Gordon, Johnson, and now Earnhardt Jr. I am a huge Hendricks Motorsports fan. I am happy today.

  6. #6
    Eat More Chips AlamoSpursFan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Post Count
    5,326
    I wonder if Jimmie Johnson will have the balls to punt Junebug like he did Casey Mears at Atlanta.


  7. #7
    Masochist Rangers Fan Melmart1's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Post Count
    12,623
    I am not huge into Nascar, but based on the diehard Jr and Gordon fans I lived amongst in Virginia, this seems like an truly unholy alliance. Jr fans HATE Gordon fans deep in Nascar country, and vice versa. My roommate had a sticker on her car that said "Fans Against Gordon." You figure out what the initials of that mean.

    I should call her up right now and see what she thinks of all this, except my eardrums really don't need the abuse right now.

  8. #8
    Eat More Chips AlamoSpursFan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Post Count
    5,326
    I am not huge into Nascar, but based on the diehard Jr and Gordon fans I lived amongst in Virginia, this seems like an truly unholy alliance. Jr fans HATE Gordon fans deep in Nascar country, and vice versa. My roommate had a sticker on her car that said "Fans Against Gordon." You figure out what the initials of that mean.

    I should call her up right now and see what she thinks of all this, except my eardrums really don't need the abuse right now.
    Stolen from the lovely and talented Dawn's myspace page:




  9. #9
    SEMPER FI bendmz's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Post Count
    1,640
    bet his old man is turning over in his grave ........

  10. #10
    Eat More Chips AlamoSpursFan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Post Count
    5,326
    Actually, Dale Sr. drove Hendrick's first car, a Busch entry, and was business partners with Gordon.

  11. #11
    Masochist Rangers Fan Melmart1's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Post Count
    12,623
    Stolen from the lovely and talented Dawn's myspace page:



    yep, that pretty much sums up the Gordon and Junior fan sentiment. I bet they are melting down right about now.

  12. #12
    Believe. beachbarbie948's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Post Count
    238
    Well, Dale Jr wants to win. Going to Hendricks Motorsports will give him the best opportunity to do so. Its like the Dream Team. Gordon, Johnson, and now Earnhardt Jr. I am a huge Hendricks Motorsports fan. I am happy today.
    me too

  13. #13
    The Last Good Sport samikeyp's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Post Count
    28,298
    bet his old man is turning over in his grave ........
    Big E was one of Gordon's biggest supporters and like ASF said, a business partner with him.

    What is making Daddy turn in his grave is Junior leaving the company Daddy started and built for Jr.

  14. #14
    Double R rr2418's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Post Count
    1,149
    I'm also not a NASCAR fan, but how big is this news? Is this like LaBron joining Kobey Bryant in LA?

  15. #15
    The Last Good Sport samikeyp's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Post Count
    28,298
    Actually it would be like LeBron joining the Spurs.

  16. #16
    SEMPER FI bendmz's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Post Count
    1,640
    heard they were going to put him in the number 5 car..... if that is the case, then what going to happen to Kyle ?
    But isn/t the 2008 season the year that owners get limited to the number of cars they can run ?

  17. #17
    Believe. EarnhardtJrFan's Avatar
    My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Post Count
    6
    Big E was one of Gordon's biggest supporters and like ASF said, a business partner with him.

    What is making Daddy turn in his grave is Junior leaving the company Daddy started and built for Jr.
    I was never a big fan of Dale SR. But I have always liked Dale Jr. Back 4 or 5 years ago, I was one of the Earnhardt Jr fans that very much disliked Gordon, However over the past 2 or 3 years he seems to have matured a lot, so that same dislike hasn't been there for me, so I can deal with this. Im a fan of Dale Jr the person, not the Earnhardt name or the car he drives. As for so many people saying Dale Sr. would turn over in his grave, I for one think that Dale Sr. should have thought about this before he turned his company over to a woman he KNEW did NOT like his own children. I mean, she sent Dale Jr to military school, and was very open about her dislike of his kids. So, for all the so called Dale Jr fans, that say he is stabbing his dad in the back by making this move, if anyone has done that, I would think it would be his dad, simply for leaving his company in the hands of someone besides his own kids.

    Yeah this is my very first post, and I have probably offended a few...Thats not what I wanted to do, but I did want to state my opinion on this.

  18. #18
    Believe. dawn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Post Count
    245
    TRACK SMACK is back!!! Don't forget to tune in tomorrow ( SATURDAY) and check us out starting at 1:30 PM!!! www.kmacsports.com

    Just a real quick THANK YOU so much to all of you who have been so supportive of the show when it was at ktsa. I truly appreciate it and I am super excited ( sound like a Kasey Kahne Fan) for the new opportunity at KMAC SPORTS. I hope you all will continue to tune in and join in as much as possible!

    Coolest part of all is if you miss it LIVE, the replays will be up so you can listen later!!!

    Thank you all again!!!

    Trust me, you KNOW I will be talking about this topic!!!!!!

  19. #19
    Hot Rocks Zombie's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Post Count
    3,776
    Jr wins in this change. All the poor folks that have #8 crap will now have to buy #5 Crap!
    I am thankful I will not be making Jr even richer! that non-driving MOFO!

  20. #20
    Hot Rocks Zombie's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Post Count
    3,776
    Stolen from the lovely and talented Dawn's myspace page:



    the Number is wrong should be #5

  21. #21
    Believe. dawn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Post Count
    245
    You should pay closer attention my good buddy Z-man. If it ain't the #8 next season, it will more than likely be the #25, not the #5.

  22. #22
    SEMPER FI bendmz's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Post Count
    1,640
    Could Dale Jr. keep No. 8 at Hendrick?
    Lee Spencer
    FOXSports.com, Updated 17 hours ago STORY TOOLS:







    BROOKLYN, Mich. - Could the No. 8 be an option for Dale Earnhardt Jr. at Hendrick Motorsports?

    Max Siegel, Dale Earnhardt Inc., president of global operations, says there have been no official conversations between DEI and Earnhardt Jr., but "anything is possible."
    "If someone makes a formal request, we'll entertain it," Siegel said. "But it has to be a scenario that makes sense for everyone."

    With the legacy of the No. 8 — in regard to both DEI and Earnhardt Jr. — Siegel says he doesn't know whether there is a dollar figure to assign to the number but would find a way to "formulate a recommended figure for his owner."

    Before the Citizens Bank 400 started, Rick Hendrick replied to Siegel's offer on pit road, "We haven't talked but we'd certainly be interested in that."

    DEI's contract — as well as Earnhardt Jr.'s — with Budweiser runs through 2008 and Siegel said he'd like to continue on with the sponsor in some capacity. As for the status of the No. 8's crew chief Tony Eury Jr., Siegel said everyone is still obligated to the team.

    "Tony Eury Jr. and I are scheduled to have ongoing discussions about his future," Siegel said. "We've been pretty upfront about it from the beginning. We have a season to complete here and we have a commitment to finish it out strong."



    Siegel doesn't believe he can replace Earnhardt Jr., "He's in a class by himself." But Siegel added that DEI would like to talk to Kyle Busch about driving for DEI — in the No. 8 team or whatever number that squad becomes in the future.

    "He's an incredible talent," Siegel said. "We want to make the organization compe ive enough to grow to four cars as quick as possible. If not in 2008, then in '09."

  23. #23
    Believe. EarnhardtJrFan's Avatar
    My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Post Count
    6
    Im thinking Budweiser will want to stick with Dale Jr even after the 2008 season, simply because Dale Jr makes them a lot of money. He may not be in the 8, but who knows, Budweiser may sponsor the 25 if Dale Jr goes to that number, after the current contract is up. Either way, I will be wearing Earnhardt gear to the races I go to, reguardless of his sponsor! Cant wait for the Bristol night race!!

  24. #24
    Better than you MajorMike's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Post Count
    4,506
    You should pay closer attention my good buddy Z-man. If it ain't the #8 next season, it will more than likely be the #25, not the #5.

    True. The 25 used to be Bud. In 1995 they started to sponsor Ken Schrader in the 25. Ricky Craven took over the 25 Bud in 1997, and Wally Dallenbach drove it when Craven resigned in mid 1998. For the start of 1998, the car was changed to #50 to celebrate NASCAR's 50th year.












  25. #25
    Believe. EarnhardtJrFan's Avatar
    My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Post Count
    6
    Nice photos! I remember this, but I couldnt remember all the sponsors and things that were listed on the car. Thanks for posting these!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •