Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    City to host a fourth Spurs Championship Celebration!

San Antonians are invited downtown this Sunday, June 17, to help the San Antonio Spurs, the City of San Antonio, AT&T, H-E-B, Texas Chrysler, Jeep and Dodge Dealers celebrate a fourth NBA Championship.
    A river parade community celebration begins at 6:00 p.m. on the River Walk. Following the river parade, the celebration will move to the Alamodome for a special ceremony beginning at 9:00 p.m.
    Both events are part of the 2007 Spurs Championship Celebration, presented by AT&T, H-E-B, Texas Chrysler, Jeep and Dodge Dealers. The events will be broadcast live by several local network affiliates. In addition, the events will be webcasted live online at spurs.com.
    RIVER PARADE DETAILS:
    The river parade will begin at 6:00 p.m. at the Arneson River Theater, travel through the River Center extension, and end at the Navarro Street Bridge. Barges will carry Spurs players and coaches, Spurs officials, former Spurs players, City and Bexar County officials, live musical entertainers and others down the city's signature attraction.
    * Fans will not be allowed to claim a spot on the River Walk to view the parade until 4:00 p.m. the day of the parade.
    * Only those individuals with credentials will be allowed to view the parade from Arneson River Theater.
    * Due to security precautions, no ice chests, alcoholic beverages, glass containers, chairs, shopping bags, packages, Silly String or similar items will be allowed on the River Walk.

ALAMODOME CELEBRATION DETAILS:
    Spurs players, coaches and local officials will address fans at the Alamodome and show off the latest championship trophy.
    The doors for the Alamodome celebration will open at 5:00 p.m. No tickets will be needed to enter the dome. Fans who arrive early at the dome will be able to watch the victory parade broadcast live on an LED video wall as well as highlights of the Spurs 2007 championship run.
    PARKING/VIA PARK & RIDE INFORMATION:
    Fans are encouraged to park at one of the City's downtown parking garages or surface lots. More than 4,000 parking spaces are available near the River Walk and the Alamodome. Parking fees range from $3.00 to $8.00 depending on location.
    Parking Garages
    Marina - Market and Bowie
    Riverbend - Commerce and Presa
    Houston Street - College and Navarro
    St. Mary's Street - St. Mary's and Travis

Surface Lots
    Houston/Nolan Lot
    Center Street Lot
    Crockett Lot
    Sutton Lot

VIA Park & Ride will be available from Crossroads Mall and Randolph Boulevard. Shuttles will begin at 4:00 p.m. VIA charges $6 for each round trip passenger. However, a discount fare of $2.50 is available for children ages 5-11 years old, senior citizens 62 years or older with a photo ID, Medicare recipients, persons with disabilities, and students with a valid VIA ID.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not Saturday? Oh well, I'll still be there with my whole family... let's have a SpursTalk meetup and photo! WE DID IT!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm thinking about going on Sunday. Any Advice? I went in 1999 when they gave tickets away....I'm sacred that I wont get into the Alamodome. I'm driving up from Corpus on Sunday morning and I'm hoping to get in!! Any advice?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ahhhhhh I Will Be Attending!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Silence surpasses speech. duncan228's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In '05 the River Parade was shown live on NBA TV. Anyone know if that will be the case this time?
    The Alamodome I had to watch online. But the parade was fun to see on a big screen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    in 05, they had a stream on the spurs website for a few days too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The AlamoDome is nice. It has AC and refreshments and PLENTY of seating. I skipped the parade last time and didn't regret it at all. Got Club level seating at the Dome, and VIA did the driving.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Congrats to all Spurs fans..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How fast do they run out of seats at the Alamodome, if at all, I mean it seats 70000

Do I really need to get there at 5 and sit for 4 hours?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what's the best spot on the river?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I will be at Mad Dogs ( I work there) any one wanting to join me so we can all get a good spot PM Me and we can set it up. I will be there all day. Let me know if you are interested!

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I heard on WOAI that there will be an organized greeting at the airport when they come in around 2PM Friday. IIRC, no parking at the airport. Park and ride at Blossom Athletic Center. BYO chairs and water -- no glass containers.

In Fabricio we trust! RogerIsEatingASandwich's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't wait. It's gonna be one of a party.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I heard on WOAI that there will be an organized greeting at the airport when they come in around 2PM Friday. IIRC, no parking at the airport. Park and ride at Blossom Athletic Center. BYO chairs and water -- no glass containers.

I will be there!! Anyone Else?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really can't believe they are doing this on Father's Day. I thought they would do it Saturday, for sure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where else would fathers want to be?

and

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    haha they figured most dads would be there anyways I guess

He's Manu Ginobili carina_gino20's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you guys are so lucky. I hope they show the celebration here. Most likely, they'll just show a recap or something if any.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you guys are so lucky. I hope they show the celebration here. Most likely, they'll just show a recap or something if any.
    You can watch the celebration online.

Kooler than Jesus Nathan Explosion's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have to work tomorrow. And as much as I'd love to be at the parade, I'll be at my mom's watching on TV with my 7 month old, celebrating my first Father's Day.

I'll make sure he wears his Duncan jersey though, as he did every game of these playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have to work tomorrow. And as much as I'd love to be at the parade, I'll be at my mom's watching on TV with my 7 month old, celebrating my first Father's Day.
    Congrats-- See, some people do have family traditions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

"Spurs Hate Families"

Believe.
    My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    I'm glad to hear that you guys are having a parade! You know when we lost to you guys in 2005, our cheap mayor, Krummi Kilpatrick, became one of the first mayors NOT TO HAVE a celebration for the NBA finals runner up team. It was just get your hat, your coat, and leave! And at least in your dome, you don't have a pathetically WEAK Kitty like proffessional football team that has sucked for the last 51 years, and sucked the taste of football, from the great Barry Sanders' mouth! Sure you guys don't want a team named Lions to play in the Alamodome?
    FIRE MILLEN!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Got damn it! They needed to make it in Saturday. This is bull !

I refuse to act with common decency spurscenter's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    where online kori?

Thread Information