Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    even though we won the championship i think its gonna be hard to repeat if we dont pick some one up or bring over scola. i dont know about bonner..he did show some promise b4 he got hurt but ely and beno gots to go..... maybe even butler..i dont see anything special in him. damn just frustrated and needed to vent. with all the FA returning to there teams i dont know who else would help

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it aint broke dont fix it??

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think they'll bring over Scola. But they'll probably continue to look to move Beno, Barry, Butler or anyone else that makes sense.

But don't expect anything major.

Believe.
    My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Luck runs out.

If the elder Spurs were lucky last season they won't be the next.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All i can say is maybe Butler is showing way more in practice then we know of. Elson gonna be much better his second year? He sure shows flashes and the Elson Haters can say what they want, the games he plays 20+ minutes they win. No it's not garbage time blowouts either. Stats like "shots altered" and "opposing guards decided not to drive since Spurs were not in small balls mode" are not recorded.

I am also not big on Bonner. I mean he seems okay, but NBA Champ winning playoff relatively large minutes? Naw. I hope we are wrong and he is able to assume this role. Oberto is fine as another forward or *center* vs smallball and slow teams. But lets face it, everything went right for the Spurs this year, Dallas getting eliminated, Phx with Poutamire getting himself tossed*. Browns Cavs playing an offensive strategy worse then 4 Dumb.

* no I'm not saying we would not have beaten Dallas and Phx had it come to that. As is the Spurs kicked their full squad ass in Gm 6.

But even with a 50-55 win season resting the geezers including Tim, if Horry Finley etc can flip the switch again and the Big 3 stay the same we can do this repeat.
    Last edited by Fabbs; 07-09-2007 at 02:52 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luck runs out.

This is a ing weak ass attempt at trolling, "IF" the spurs were lucky last season? So you're not sure if the spurs were lucky or they were just the best damn team in the league?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Busy polishing trophies...

Believe.
    My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    THEY WERE LUCKY I'm sure of that

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    well, theres still that scola for duhon rumor. but i wouldnt count on it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Cavs were lucky...they might have won a game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    even though we won the championship i think its gonna be hard to repeat if we dont pick some one up or bring over scola. i dont know about bonner..he did show some promise b4 he got hurt but ely and beno gots to go..... maybe even butler..i dont see anything special in him. damn just frustrated and needed to vent. with all the FA returning to there teams i dont know who else would help
    Ely hasn't been re-signed and is looking for work. It's pretty obvious that R.C. plans to keep the team intact for one more season. I guess if the right deal presented itself, the Spurs would make a move to trade one the 14 guys under contract. Otherwise, Spurs fans will have to deal with the drama that is Slot 15 and whether Matt Bonner will get more minutes than Robert Horry.

Silence surpasses speech. duncan228's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A sweep isn't luck.

Unless you think we were lucky because we were up against a subpar team?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luck runs out.

I HOPE U ARE NOT SAYING THE SWEEP OVER CLEV WAS LUCK?????

i do think we may have had some breaks during the playoffs ....if spurs fans dont think so they are in denial. but i still think we would have won.

i dont expect anything major but just someone who can contribute more than, ely,bonner,vaugh,beno

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One thing is for sure, I'm not getting a rise out of Scola again. Screw the whole thing with that.

I'm looking at Ian now, and moving what Kori said. We need at least one more young guy with some kind of potential wearing the Spurs uni.

Believe.
    My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    I HOPE U ARE NOT SAYING THE SWEEP OVER CLEV WAS LUCK?????

i do think we may have had some breaks during the playoffs ....if spurs fans dont think so they are in denial. but i still think we would have won.

i dont expect anything major but just someone who can contribute more than, ely,bonner,vaugh,beno
    No, it was luck that the Spurs made it that far becuase the Mavs got knocked out and that the league suspended the best 2 Suns players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if the mavs coulnt beat a 8th seed they were not gonna beat anyone else....suspension for one game hardly makes the series.....

but i can promise u this.....clev wouldnt have won against any western conf team...and thats a fact

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I agree the Spurs got lucky and whooped Clevelands ass 4 straight times...............

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, it was luck that the Spurs made it that far becuase the Mavs got knocked out and that the league suspended the best 2 Suns players.
    Game 6 trollie. Plus Phx did not suggest a rule change at the leagues summer meetings. But Marc Ivaroni did quote that the Suns were reminded of this rule prior to the playoffs.

To date none of the other contenders have made any major moves either.
    So while there is plenty of time till the midseason trade deadline, today we are ready to defend.

Believe.
    My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    if the mavs coulnt beat a 8th seed they were not gonna beat anyone else....suspension for one game hardly makes the series.....

but i can promise u this.....clev wouldnt have won against any western conf team...and thats a fact
    Look, it's all about matchups, they didn't matchup well agaisnt GS but we all know they matchup real real good agaisnt the Spurs...

Believe.
    My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Game 6 trollie. Plus Phx did not suggest a rule change at the leagues summer meetings. But Marc Ivaroni did quote that the Suns were reminded of this rule prior to the playoffs.

To date none of the other contenders have made any major moves either.
    So while there is plenty of time till the midseason trade deadline, today we are ready to defend.
    Once you are up 3-2 and having a close out game at home it;s hard to beat the odds, Game 5 was a huge factor for the fortunate Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Once you are up 3-2 and having a close out game at home it;s hard to beat the odds, Game 5 was a huge factor for the fortunate Spurs.
    Doesnt matter.....if the Suns were SUPPOSEDLY better, they still would have won the series period.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look, it's all about matchups, they didn't matchup well agaisnt GS but we all know they matchup real real good agaisnt the Spurs...

...........this is also BS.....because you or anyone else will NEVER know if Dallas would have beaten the Spurs. There is noway in anyone would know.

I would have put my money on a healthy Tim Duncan and Spurs team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And part of being up 3-2 was winning the first game at Phoenix with the Suns at full strength. Thats some weak bull even from a Cavs fan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...........this is also BS.....because you or anyone else will NEVER know if Dallas would have beaten the Spurs. There is noway in anyone would know.

I would have put my money on a healthy Tim Duncan and Spurs team.
    Agreed. The Mavs beat the Spurs the year before in a game 7 OT match when Tim Duncan was hobbled and hardly as capable as in the past. So to say that the Mavs would have been a slam dunk to whoop the Spurs is simply ignorant.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do you watch sports if you're going to complain about things like this? Are the Spurs the first team in history to have things break their way? If people are seriously upset because there's a certain amount of chance involved in any sport, just stop watching.

Thread Information