Post Count
    Sincerely,
    Gary Sheffield

link

Che cazzo stai dicendo? DisgruntledLionFan#54,927's Avatar
    My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    I love Sheffield. He doesn't give a what anyone thinks and says the dumbest ever.

His problem is that he doesn't know how to state his cases very well. I'm sure there is a lot of truth in what he says, but he's one of those people who just grates on others whenever he speaks.

As long as you keep hitting bombs, you can talk about whatever you like, Gary.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gary is 38, has 476 HRs and has hit 274 HRs since turning 30. No way he's on Roids!!!

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    I love Sheffield. He doesn't give a what anyone thinks and says the dumbest ever.

His problem is that he doesn't know how to state his cases very well. I'm sure there is a lot of truth in what he says, but he's one of those people who just grates on others whenever he speaks.

So what does he do for an encore to his latest rant? Hits a Grand Slam in a 6-3 Tiger win over the Mariners.

Go Gary, Go!

GTL: Gym, Tan, Laundry Thunder Dan's Avatar
    My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Sheffield is an idiot. All you have to do is listen to him speak. He and Sheed are two of a kind

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Gary is 38, has 476 HRs and has hit 274 HRs since turning 30. No way he's on Roids!!!

Aaron hit 389 homers after the age of 30. Ruth? 405.

Must have been on steroids too, eh?

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count

Here here. If saying whatever is on his mind will keep the dingers coming, I am all for it.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    He needs to shut up and play baseball. He isn't going to solve world problems. He needs to cut the Jessie Jackson out and play the game he is paid handsomly to play.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Sheffield is an idiot. All you have to do is listen to him speak. He and Sheed are two of a kind
    Torre, is that you?

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Torre, is that you?
    No Gary, I don't think that's that's your former manager, Joe Torre.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The bad thing about this is that the Tigers owned on the Yanks last year in the post-season, but Sheff has just given them a ton of bulletin board material.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    The bad thing about this is that the Tigers owned on the Yanks last year in the post-season, but Sheff has just given them a ton of bulletin board material.
    Scary, especially in light of the good possibility that the Yanks will not even be in the playoffs.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Sheffield has officially moved into Curt Schilling territory with this. Just shut the up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If this was a white guy that said this the other way around, he would be getting the John Rocker treatment.

Good old hypocrisy and double standards.

God Bless America.

My Team
    New Jersey Nets
    Post Count
    If this was a white guy that said this the other way around, he would be getting the John Rocker treatment.

Good old hypocrisy and double standards.

God Bless America.
    Remember, they are allowed due to the slavery that was never imposed on them because none of them were alive in the early 1800's.

Hypocricy for EVERYONE!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep...

Live by what you Speak. DarkReign's Avatar
    My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Great player. Stupid human being.

The rumors of his ignorance are not greatly exaggerated.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    It's funny he claims Torre is racist but he is going to pass judgement on what Jeter is or isn't. The reason he doesn't get respect is becuase he isn't a person who deserves it. , look at how many teams he has been with. Obviously nobody thinks highly enough of him to keep him around a long time

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Sheffield admitted that he says crazy things and in light of tha his opinion should be taken with a grain of salt.

Most people don't vocalize every thought that runs through their mind, Sheffield is one of the few that does. He really doesn't care what people think of what he says, in fact I think he's somewhat amused by all the fuss his comments create. He feeds off of controversy.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    he is just trying to sell his book. He couldn't even wait untill after his career to write one. It's basically going to be 3/5 of a story. Nobody will want to read it though anyway.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    he is just trying to sell his book. He couldn't even wait untill after his career to write one. It's basically going to be 3/5 of a story. Nobody will want to read it though anyway.

He's controversial, somewhat of an enigma if you will, and on top of that he's a great ballplayer. There's not a better time for a book to be on the market than when you're the center of attention.
    Sounds like the ingredients for a hot selling book are in place.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    He's controversial, somewhat of an enigma if you will, and on top of that he's a great ballplayer. There's not a better time for a book to be on the market than when you're the center of attention.
    Sounds like the ingredients for a hot selling book are in place.

See I disagree; here is why:

He has only been controversial of late. I mean think about it, he has done some things in the past that have made you scratch your head, but nothing way out there like he is doing now. He is a good player, but not great. He will be in the Hall of Fame, but he isn't the guy kids dream about being when they are older, like say Griffey. He is just a good baseball player, nothing else; he is now trying to make himself more. Outside of the cities he plays in (and even that is a reach), nobody really cares about him. No guy would dream about being him, like a Jeter or A-Rod. No kids want to grow up to be him, like Griffey or David Ortiz. He is just a good baseball player. Good enough for the Hall of Fame, but not great enough to become more than that. There is a huge list of these guys: (here are some off the top of my head)

Dave Winnfield
    Paul Molitor
    Wade Boggs
    Ryne Sandberg
    Gary Carter

these guys where all very good baseball players, but they are not guys you would need to know more of their life story. They were good players, but not the best of their era. They don't have personalities that make kids want to be them. They are just baseball players, nothing more.

Live by what you Speak. DarkReign's Avatar
    My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    ^ pretty good list for off the top of your head.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    You lost me when you said Big Papi was a great, one of a kind player.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    You lost me when you said Big Papi was a great, one of a kind player.
    I didn't list him as that. I put him as someone kids want to be when they are older. Kids all over the US love that guy

Thread Information