Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Stuck In La La Land
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Barry has played in 21 games. In the 12 games where he plays more than 20 minutes his overall FG% is 46.7%, going over 50% 6 times. In the 9 games where he has played 20 minutes or less games his overall FG% is 21.9%, going over 50% once. A shooter needs to play and not come in for a few minutes and look over his shoulder. If POP does not intend to use him that way, then he should be dealt for a defensive big man to guard R Lewis, McGrady, whomever. He is doing us absolutely no good as it is. Before you ask, 9-3 in the 12 games for 75% winning % and 7-2 in the other games..77%.

I am afraid we are back to the low scoring, sweat-out the FT games of yesteryear.

I know, I know, I am full of it.

Why does it matter, if Brown is doing the job now? Because we got this guy for playoff crunch time when the calls don't come to young players, they close down on TD and we need someone to hit from outside. How effective will he be after logging 8 minutes a game for the entire year and have his confidence level at -10?
    Last edited by BigVee; 12-10-2004 at 01:22 PM.

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's even more to it than that. Stay tuned.

Converse All-Star
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very true thread... Barry needs to stay in there until he works it out. He needs to know he won't be put on the bench because he isn't playing that great right now... one becomes gun shy after a bit... how many times have you seen him pass up an open 3? Probably afraid poop will yell at him if he misses.

Seek True Love, within. bigzak25's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I support putting in barry for rasho.

Stuck In La La Land
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want less minutes for Bowen and more for Brown and Barry.

Orlando Spurs Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop can't penalize Brown for out-playing Barry. I don't care if Barry's not getting time on the floor as long as Devin is making it up with his play. I was really pumped when I saw Barry had signed with the Spurs and I thought he would be our missing piece from last season, but so far he's not done the job so Pop looked for something else and found that in Devin. Also Devin is a much better on-the-ball defender then Barry.

I've watched all the Spurs games and Barry's getting blown by almost everyone he guards. I hope Barry gets his touch back because we need him over the course of the season, I'm not sure Devin will be this solid all season long. But right know Devin is definatly ahead of Barry in the rotation.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Barry is shooting 21% for December.

Brown 56%.

End of thread.

Stuck In La La Land
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Barry is shooting 21% for December.

Brown 56%.

End of thread.
    Duncan shot 32% against the Rockets. Bench him against Cleveland

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncan shot 32% against the Rockets. Bench him against Cleveland
    We don't have anyone to replace Duncan.

Shane Barry has already been replaced by a better player.

Stuck In La La Land
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Time will tell.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How much time do you need?

Stuck In La La Land
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More than 6 minutes

Goodwill Ambassador spurs_fan_in_exile's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It seems to me that a guard named Steve Kerr came off the bench a few years ago in the playoffs after a poor season and slumping minutes...

I'm all in favor of getting Barry some more minutes, I just thought the similarity was kind of funny. Especially since the scouting report I kept hearing about this guy was "think Steve Kerr with functioning knees."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok, 30mpg for Barry because he's as mentally weak as Hedo.

It is written.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's a questionable comparison Chumpdumper. Hedo came in with a reputation as a streaky shooter who left Sacramento with his confidence shot to . Barry is as good a career shooter in the league as the Spurs could get this off season. When Hedo played like did off the bench people said, "I told you so." The way Barry is playing has people saying, "What's wrong with him?"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it's a questionable comparison I have every right to question your wanting to treat him just like the mentally weak Hedo.

If he's better than that, he'll prove it in the time he's given. If not he's just another guy who can't make the big time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually that questionable comparison is EXACTLY WHY I think he needs to be handled like Hedo. Hedo managed to actually play up to a good deal of his potential as a shooter with the switch. If Bones can do the same he'll be way better than Hedo ever was for us. I'm not saying that he should necessarily start, but I wouldn't mind seeing him get some Beno minutes or Bruce.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is insanity.

How did Devin get his minutes?

The right way.

The way Barry should get them back if he's half the player everyone thinks he is.

The blueprint is there. The rest is up to Shane.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would take some minutes away from Beno and give them to Barry.

IMO, you can develop Beno later.

Barry needs to play now.

Give him 25 minutes a game.

Take some minutes from Parker, Ginobili, Beno, and Bowen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you give him 20-25 minutes per game and his shooting and D still suck, how many games are you willing to do that at the expense of the team? One game? A week? A month? Longer?

I'm not disagreeing or agreeing with anyone. Just curious how much rope people are willing to give Barry?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, put Barry on the minute welfare program?

What's the quota?

And it doesn't matter if we win or lose right?

As long as Barry gets the minutes his reputation as a championship ballplayer demands.

This is Hedo all over again -- we wasted an entire season on him. Now do the same with Shane?

Just remember we didn't have a choice last year -- now we do and yet you still want to put him on the dole. This is the very definition of insanity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    screw Barry, he isnt performing,

give more minutes to Devin Brown
    Devin is proving that he can score and play well in little amount of minutes.

Stuck In La La Land
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It has nothing to do with anyone's reputation. We are talking about putting the team in the best position to win a championship. How long you go with someone depends on where you want to end up. I think we want a shooter of his caliber comfortable in our system who can put us over the edge when the going gets tough. If you feel that Brown is the guy to do that, then I wouldn't waste any time on BB. I just happen to feel that we won't get there without a confident, integrated Barry. My opinion. The stats show that we have the same winning percentage regardless of his minutes so as long as the team is winning I would keep trying to get a rotation that allows him to play to his potential. Is that 30 games? 50? I don't know. But I do know we will never get there at 10 minutes a game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you feel that Brown is the guy to do that, then I wouldn't waste any time on BB.
    Ok, I do feel that way. It's up to Shane to prove otherwise, and he has to do it the way Devin did.

One minute at a time.

Stuck In La La Land
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're en led.

Thread Information