Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That Hamlin Bisbing decision was something straight out of boxing.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    expand.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dreadful disgusting decision in that fight. Bisping looked worse in the post fight than he did during the fight, talking trash about Matt when he can't even hear him when he whipped your ass. Matt beat him easy that was a joke, they should overturn it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I watched that fight with about 30 other people and we agreed that was a robbery.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah Bisping is crap and for what he said I hate him more now. DAMN BRITS!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There was definitely a home field advantage there. Bisping didn't win at all!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bisping is a bag compared to Hamill

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DO you guys think Rampage deserved the win? I do!!

Seeking the quiet mind desflood's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The way I saw it, the fight could have gone either way. Why all the hate for Mike Bisping because of the judge's decision?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The way I saw it, the fight could have gone either way. Why all the hate for Mike Bisping because of the judge's decision?

Cause of the he was talking about matt when it was over......he showed no class

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What'd he say after the fight?

No excuse for Bisping not being able to knock out Hamill. Hamill barely kept his hands up that entire fight and even let the fight stay standing for the first 2/3 of the match.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    MMAweekly-

In what ended up being the focal point for the majority of the fans watching UFC 75, Michael “The Count” Bisping won a very controversial split decision over Cincinnati, Ohio native Matt “The Hammer” Hamill, in what will almost surely go down as one of the worst decisions in UFC history.

Hamill, who was a compe or on the Ultimate Fighter season 3 alongside Bisping, showed a much improved MMA game as he looked like a much better striker than the heavily favored British native in the early part of the fight.

The former collegiate wrestler landed a number of jabs and combinations that put Bisping on the defensive right away.

Hamill stalked Bisping throughout rounds 1 and 2 landing crisper, cleaner punches and taking the eventual winner of the Ultimate Fighter season down at will.

To almost everyone’s surprise watching the fight, Hamill looked like the more experienced and well rounded fighter when even after taking Bisping down, he let his opponent back up where he punished him on the feet.

The 3rd round was the only time Bisping put up much offense as he let his hands go and worked his stand-up against Hamill.

While he never landed anything truly devastating due to the Ohioan’s good boxing defense, Bisping was more aggressive late in the fight, but again didn’t do anything that ever put Hamill in any real danger.

The judges’ scorecards came in and when the first read a 29-28 decision for Bisping, the reaction was instantaneous as to shock how the Brit won 2 rounds. The 2nd judge saw it 30-27 for Hamill, while Cecil Peoples, who has been involved in controversial decisions in the past, scored the bout 29-28 for Bisping.

Michael Bisping pulled off a split decision win and in his post fight interview refused to give any credit to his opponent’s performance acting like he just won by knockout instead of being handed a gift decision.

On the other side of the fight, Hamill showed a tremendous amount of graciousness in defeat and should be commended for not being more upset after a horrendous decision.

The fans were also very vocal about this particular fight as the callers into MMAWeekly Radio’s post fight show rallied around Matt Hamill in this bout and voted him Fighter of the Night for his performance and grace in the face of defeat after a decision that no one seemed to agree with.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/...4666&zoneid=13

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I am so pissed off. I really feel bad for Matt. He fought his ass off. Bisping looked BAD.

Thank God I'm a country boy! djohn14's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No no no no no...even boxing judges would have gave tha to hamill.

Dirk Administers THE SHOCKER LEONARD's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Joe Rogan on Bisping - Hamill decision
    http://www.mma.tv/tuf/index.cfm?ac=L...=1&TID=1125883

Yes, Hamill was robbed. Who knows if it was due to crooked judges, judges with no balls, or just idiotic judges (which we've seen MANY times). The judging is too erratic. They need MMA judges, not a mixture of whoever gets thrown out there for each event (ie, boxing judges).

They also need to scrap the 10 pt must scoring system...this isn't boxing...it doesn't work for MMA. Pride had it right with it's system...

Yep...MMA is going down the drain now...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    02-14-2007, 11:16 AM
    Yes, fully sanctioned. What does that have to do with rigged fights? The second there are rigged fights in the UFC, I'm out...

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Read much?

Who knows if it was due to crooked judges, judges with no balls, or just idiotic judges (which we've seen MANY times). The judging is too erratic. They need MMA judges, not a mixture of whoever gets thrown out there for each event (ie, boxing judges).
    I guess I missed the proof that the fight was rigged...

If you follow the sport you know that the judges do stupid $hit out of ignorance on occasion...they need MMA specific judges...

One judge scored Guida - Aurelio from UFC 74 as 30-27 Aurelio...wtf?? He didn't win a single round.

I recall one fight that was 30-23 within the past year...Abbadi fight maybe?

It happens. Probably what happened was a combo of incompetence and lack of balls. The 1st round was clearly Hamill and the 3rd rd was Bisping. The 2nd rd was close, but Hamill took it. 2 of the judges gave it to the hometown boy and the other didn't...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will you ever get confirmation that it was rigged? Have we ever proven that any boxing fight was rigged, but do we still know they are?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anything is possible when Cecil Peoples is a judge.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Yea, we'll get proof when Cecil Peoples writes a tell-all book... no we won't...

It was a terrible decision that reeks of home cookin'...it happens in all sports...

MMA has a long way to go before it reaches boxing's level as far as problems go...

Seeking the quiet mind desflood's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cause of the he was talking about matt when it was over......he showed no class
    You're kidding. Find me a fighter that doesn't talk before and after a fight and I'll be impressed Randy Couture being the exception, of course.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MMA has a long way to go before it reaches boxing's level as far as problems go...
    ...and popularity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're kidding. Find me a fighter that doesn't talk before and after a fight and I'll be impressed Randy Couture being the exception, of course.
    After you got owned like that though. He got smoked in there and i bet it hit Bisping hard the next day when all he heard was that almost everyone thought he lost the fight and it was a bull decision.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    If only there was a way to quantify "popularity"...

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    The 2 judges that had Bisping winning 29-28 chime in...
    http://fightlinker.com/?p=575#more-575

Thread Information