Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Too weird to live, and too rare to die. midgetonadonkey's Avatar
    Post Count

Post Count
    Actually I take that back. That's a good pickup.

Veteran
    My Team
    Denver Broncos
    Post Count
    Oh my God, I'm having early 90's flashbacks.

One thing you can't knock, Jerry Jones and his commitment to winning, no matter what kind of criminal is on the team.

Post Count
    Does he play in the secondary?

They do need help in the secondary. Tank Johnson is a good pickup though.

Post Count

If the dude can stay on the straight and narrow, he is immensely talented. However, he has proven he cannot stay out of trouble.

Oy.

Are there any good veteran CB's that are available?

Post Count
    Are there any good veteran CB's that are available?
    Aarron Glenn.

Oh wait..

Veteran
    My Team
    Denver Broncos
    Post Count
    Aarron Glenn.

Oh wait..

Post Count
    Apparently someones said "we need help in the secondary" and JJ thought they said "we need help from the penitentiary"

I hope it works out but I don't have my hopes up.

Post Count
    Aarron Glenn.

Oh wait..
    I'm now waiting on all the Cowboys' fans saying how Glenn sucked and they don't need a good secondary if they have a great pass rush, which they have now with Tank signed.

Post Count
    Glenn sucked and the Cowboys don't need a good secondary if they have a great pass rush, which Dallas has now with Tank signed.

Nope....didn't work...i'm not convinced

Glenn didn't suck, but he isn't the answer. He was a good "fill in" and cutting him was not something I expected.

I'm now waiting on all the Cowboys' fans saying how Glenn sucked and they don't need a good secondary if they have a great pass rush, which they have now with Tank signed.
    that noise!!!

We need to improve at secondary in the worse possible way.

I hope they put 24 hour surveilance on Tanks ass.
    Mother er better not this one up.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Good. This is football, not auditioning for the priesthood. He didn't kill a guy or play lookout for those who did.

How badass would it be to have the Boys showdown against the Bears for the NFC championship??

Tank slamming Rex to the ground would be poetry in motion.

My Team
    Tennessee Titans
    Post Count
    Apparently someones said "we need help in the secondary" and JJ thought they said "we need help from the penitentiary"

I hope it works out but I don't have my hopes up.
    JJ was watching a rerun of "The Longest Yard" and thought "you know, some of those dudes in the pen can ball. Let's go after Tank!"

All we need now is Pacman Jones and we will be set. Maybe Vick will come to Dallas next year or 2009. We will take them!

are they switching back to a 4-3?

He can play the NT when he's got a guy like Harris next to him, but I'm not sure he's a 3-4 NT.

The only real deficiency in the secondary is with Newman's foot. Otherwise they are solid if not spectacular. Granted, it would certainly have been much more comfortable with Glenn coming in as the 3rd corner than Reeves, and I'd much rather have Glenn starting while Newman is out than Reeves.

How many times is Reeves going to get beat on short outs and hooks before he decides 15 yards is too much of a cushion?

Signing Tank should be more of a future move. Ferguson is done and Ratliff probably is not going to last the entire season at NT. Remi is an unknown and probably no more than backup caliber, so they do need someone at the very least for later in the season, but still. I don't miss the days of cowboys being arrested every week. Especially when you can already live that with the Horns

If the dude can stay on the straight and narrow, he is immensely talented. However, he has proven he cannot stay out of trouble.

Oy.
    What are you talking about this is just like the good ole' days. This is nothing new.

are they switching back to a 4-3?

He can play the NT when he's got a guy like Harris next to him, but I'm not sure he's a 3-4 NT.
    He'll fill in for Ferguson.

ferguson (when healthy) can handle 2 gap responsibility - i'm not sure johnson can. then again, neither can ratliffe, so he's probably an upgrade there either way.

Thread Information