Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Homer 2centsworth's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Post Count
    8,677
    I just saw one of the top 10 best fights ever. Every sports fan needs to watch the contender final!!!!!

  2. #2
    POW! POW! Evan's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Post Count
    8,499
    When does it replay?

  3. #3
    Dirk Administers THE SHOCKER LEONARD's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Post Count
    8,576
    I was watching but fell asleep during the second boxing match... (seriously)

    I'll look for a replay...
    Last edited by LEONARD; 11-07-2007 at 09:57 AM.

  4. #4
    You can't handle The Truth TheTruth's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Post Count
    11,101
    You talking about the final fight? I was flipping back and forth during the spurs game, and it just looked like 2 guys throwing wild haymakers. I'll rewatch it.

  5. #5
    Veteran degenerate_gambler's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Post Count
    2,327
    I thought both guys at different points of the first round were ready to go.

    Skill wise, Bika was more polished, experienced but Codrington threw short, quick punches when he wasn't getting bombarded.

    Dude had nothing left in the tank when the ref stopped it.

    The first 4 rounds were manic.

  6. #6
    Homer 2centsworth's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Post Count
    8,677
    Both guys have good skill, good power, and both could have been knocked out at any second. They both knocked each other down in the first round.

    btw, I agree with leonard the first two fights were unwatchable.

  7. #7
    You can't handle The Truth TheTruth's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Post Count
    11,101
    Contender season 1 was great television. I didn't care much for the past 2 seasons. I guess I need me some Rocky.

  8. #8
    POW! POW! Evan's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Post Count
    8,499
    Over forced drama. These guys are being pushed behind the scenes to add seasoning. Just worry about the guys training and fighting. It will take care of itself.

    I would love to check this show out again but everytime I turn to it I just roll my eyes.

    Like this < ------------

  9. #9
    Dirk Administers THE SHOCKER LEONARD's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Post Count
    8,576
    Contender season 1 was great television. I didn't care much for the past 2 seasons. I guess I need me some Rocky.
    I watched season 1 and then was out on the Contender...it was terrible. WAYYYYYYYYYYYY too much editing, crowd/Sly/significant other shots, sound effects, slow motion, etc during the fights...you can't even really formulate an opinion on who you think won the fight. Who knows if you're seeing everything and you have to pay attention because some punches were shown more than once.

  10. #10
    Who wants a mustache ride oligarchy's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Post Count
    1,728
    Leonard: I agree. I hate the fight editing. They're always panning to the fighter's family (kids, wife, etc.) and then Sugar Ray or whoever is/was hosting the show. You don't get to see a full fight. It's ehh.

  11. #11
    Homer 2centsworth's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Post Count
    8,677
    OK guys. The finale is coming on at 8pm on ESPN Classics. Check it out.

  12. #12
    Dirk Administers THE SHOCKER LEONARD's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Post Count
    8,576
    I watched and it was a good boxing match...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •