Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/powerr...on=2008&week=3

Just wow. Amazing how one game moves us behind both Dallas and Phoenix despite having similar records. I could honestly care less, but it appears that we're flying under the radar yet again.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Bah. A bunch of bull all the way around. I would prefer for us to be overlooked and underappreciated this year.

Believe.
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count

Just wow. Amazing how one game moves us behind both Dallas and Phoenix despite having similar records. I could honestly care less, but it appears that we're flying under the radar yet again.

it looks like you could care less...

Ain't over 'till its over MaNuMaNiAc's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what? did you expect the Spurs to stay on top for the whole season? Being third isn't under the radar. Look, I know we're are the reigning champs, but this whole thing of hanging on every single Ranking, and complaining because we aren't always first is just stupid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OMG!!! I'm so pissed!!! Power rankings are life-and-death, especially in November!!!

I cherish the Spurs' 2001 and 2004 regular-season Power Rankings les.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Power rankings mean crap, unless the Spurs are on top. In that case, they're you know, awesome.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

I don't see how you can argue that Dallas should be ahead of SA in power rankings, since Dallas beat SA. But I have no clue what the Phoenix is doing up there.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes. God knows that you shouldn't attempt to start a discussion about basketball on an NBA forum.

Furthermore, if you post about something, it is obviously near and dear to your heart, 3rd in importance to you only after your wife and kids, and your 3 legged dog named Hoppy who likes to "Jump Around" to Kriss Kross.

I just said I didn't care. At the same time I wonder what his logic is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will the Suns be lifting up a banner for the November 19, 2007 Power Rankings Championship to go next to their Ratings Championship banners?

bandwagon hater
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Power rankings mean crap, unless the Spurs are on top. In that case, they're you know, awesome.
    +1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Findog....is that a Roy Tarpley avatar?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Findog....is that a Roy Tarpley avatar?
    Indeed it is.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Hey, Suns are #1. Time to have a parade wind thru Washington and Jefferson Street. Mark Stein is master of ceremonies.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    I don't see how you can argue that Dallas should be ahead of SA in power rankings, since Dallas beat SA. But I have no clue what the Phoenix is doing up there.

Haven't you seen the ratings numbers? Mind blowing!

Honestly its power rankings, who gives a . The elite teams are close together and there is a bunch of ok teams beating each other for ever changing spots. 10 games into the season this is the writer's opinion. And as much as i differ from his current view its not as far fetched as it could be. Its not an abomination to have Phoenix on top because any of those top 3 teams has an argument to be up there. This has no relationship whatsoever in the potential end of the season record of a team or their playoffs contention.

Detroit is ten...cool.

Dirk Administers THE SHOCKER LEONARD's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I love power rankings threads!!!

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I love power rankings threads!!!
    Me too. It usually has someone complaining about who's on top or why their team isn't higher only for them to say the next sentence that they don't care.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Gotta love the respect the boys in Purple and Orange get.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, in addition to the ratings le, the Suns now have the week 3 media le? Wow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haven't gotten a chance to watch many of their games.

Believe.
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Phoenix fans just can't win around here. ESPN, all on its own, puts Phoenix atop a meaningless power ranking. A Spurs fan sees it, and "could care less" about so much that he decides to start a thread on it, and yet somehow its the *Suns* fans who deserve shots for hanging "rankings" banners and holding parades?

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    I figured the Suns were on top because they're on a 5-game win streak, after beating their last 4 opponents (including the Rockets and Magic) by 10 points or more, but what do I know?

You could make a convincing argument that Dallas should be on top after beating San Antonio and winning their last three games. I don't see how you could say that the Spurs should be on top, though, after losing to the Mavs. The rankings seem pretty logical to me.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Gotta love the respect the boys in Purple and Orange get.
    Craig Sager: "Steve Nash, after all those years of heartbreak and frustration, of being doubted and roaming through the basketball wilderness, you and your Phoenix Suns are Week Three Power Ranking Champs. Can you describe the joy and euphoria you must be feeling right now, to finally climb to the top of this mountain? You already had the ratings championship, but to top it off with a Power Rankings poll, the circle is complete, is it not?"

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Phoenix fans just can't win around here. ESPN, all on its own, puts Phoenix atop a meaningless power ranking. A Spurs fan sees it, and "could care less" about so much that he decides to start a thread on it, and yet somehow its the *Suns* fans who deserve shots for hanging "rankings" banners and holding parades?
    We make a distinction between JMark, Old Dirt, Xylus, Ron Mexico and Nashfan and the re s like DannyB, yourcheatinheart and da_smegma_fan. And the latter have earned the ridicule they bring upon themselves.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    RonMexico is borderline re ed.

Thread Information