Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Has anyone here got an email saying they won by Default?

I don't get how I got one I was outbid by many. My eBay name (mousethecomic) Any advise on what I should do?
    thanks!

Auction results

eMail I got

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I think Sollatauction is a friend of the seller, to help up the bid. Didn't work, and aparently your highest bid came close to the price the seller wanted. IMHO

Name
    Eliza S.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Wait. Doesn't all ebay communication contain your screenname for authentication purposes?

If you go into My Ebay, does it list it as an item that you won/to be paid for?

Name
    Eliza S.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Oh, and to answer your question, the only time anything similar has happened to me was when I was contact about a second chance purchase when I got sniped at the last second and the idiot didn't pay. They relisted the auction as a second chance buy-it-now for my highest bid. Never heard of default winning, but I'm hardly a master ebayer.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I wouldn't trust it man. It could be legit but you never know

Name
    Christy
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I think Sollatauction is a friend of the seller, to help up the bid. Didn't work, and aparently your highest bid came close to the price the seller wanted. IMHO

Either a friend of the seller or the seller himself would be my guess, too.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Thanks for the help. I have won by default before but I was the next in line. If you look at the bidding list I was way down the page. I got out bid by many! I just don't get how I can be the default winner!

Here is the reply I sent!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Miami Heat
    If you look at the winning bidders name you will see a red Icon it means that seller has a store. My guess is he has many other laptops and is looking to sell his merchandise!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Trinity Tigers
    No, it's a scam. Run away. As easjer said legit eBay communication has your name in it, not "dear Buyer."

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    This is a phishing job....trying to get you to pay for a item you'll never receive....you should report this to ebay....

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    if the message is not in my ebay that you won by default...its a phishing scam

i used to get emails like this all the time

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    if there is no same email at your MY EBAY,you need to change your password right the way.that's how they steel password and all your info by sending u the fake email to let you click on the link inside.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Thanks for the help! I was wondering if someone gets my eBay password what can they do? If they bid on something it's not like I have the money to pay for it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    they can have your paypal info or listing you as a seller and collect the bid money and u paid the listing fee.
    someone went into my account and lists about 200 items....ebay found it out and contact me..

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    paypal once contacted me saying there is a different IP try to access my account. so they frozed my account and contact me...ebay and paypal those people doing a pretty good job there

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I received an e-mail from ebay last week telling me that someone was trying to access my account and froze my account until I changed the password.

Thread Information