Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Banned
    My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    - Quit doubling Duncan. Finley, Parker, Bowen, etc.. are getting wide open 3's and nailing them. Play Duncan straight up with Chandler and make him beat us. It will be at home for the hornets so the refs wont give him every call like they have the last 2 games.

- Play Julian Wright more - He was a spark plug in the first 3 games. He didnt play well last night, but get him in the game early and put him on Ginobili. He has given ginobili fits.

- Run Peja off more screens. Peja can usually get open from the pick and roll, but Bowen is playing no help. Run more sets where Peja runs off a series of screens.

- Push the ball more. We are very effective in transition. It would allow Peja to get more open looks.

- Attack the goal more. David West has the best mid range jumper in the league. I would like to see him go at Duncan more and try to get him in foul trouble. Now that we are at home, we may be able to get some calls.

THANK YOU BASED NEAL ClingingMars's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    - Quit doubling Duncan. Finley, Parker, Bowen, etc.. are getting wide open 3's and nailing them. Play Duncan straight up with Chandler and make him beat us. It will be at home for the hornets so the refs wont give him every call like they have the last 2 games.

- Attack the goal more. David West has the best mid range jumper in the league. I would like to see him go at Duncan more and try to get him in foul trouble. Now that we are at home, we may be able to get some calls.

it isn't the refs, it's a healthy Duncan, but please, just keep telling yourself that...

- Mars

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The problem is you let Duncan get off, you guys have no one who can stick Manu, or Parker one on one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    -
    Quit doubling Duncan. Finley, Parker, Bowen, etc.. are getting wide open 3's and nailing them. Play Duncan straight up with Chandler and make him beat us. It will be at home for the hornets so the refs wont give him every call like they have the last 2 games.
    - Play Julian Wright more - He was a spark plug in the first 3 games. He didnt play well last night, but get him in the game early and put him on Ginobili. He has given ginobili fits.

- Run Peja off more screens. Peja can usually get open from the pick and roll, but Bowen is playing no help. Run more sets where Peja runs off a series of screens.

- Push the ball more. We are very effective in transition. It would allow Peja to get more open looks.

If you play Duncan straight up with Chandler, Duncan may end up with 50.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    duncan will give chandler the business one on one

julian wright is not the answer for gino. there is no answer for gino.

peja is no longer playing in this series

the spurs transition d is on point. should be the same story tomorrow

attack the goal and run into two of the best post defenders still playing in the post-season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Problem is Duncan is not guarding West.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We made our adjustments. Now you make yours. PICK YOUR POISON.

We think our Big Three can beat your Big Three because Bowen can trim that down to Big Two or Two and a Half.

Banned
    My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Problem is Duncan is not guarding West.
    He has guarded him some

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You lost right there.

Start over.

Banned
    My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    You lost right there.

Start over.
    we are giving up too many open 3's. Quit doubling him and force him away from the goal. That is the key. He is not as quick as he once was. I would rather give up some of his 2's and not allow all the open 3's

THANK YOU BASED NEAL ClingingMars's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we are giving up too many open 3's. Quit doubling him and force him away from the goal. That is the key. He is not as quick as he once was. I would rather give up some of his 2's and not allow all the open 3's
    orly? is that why he got 2 AND1s on DRIVING OT THE BASKET?

- Mars

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

NO's only hope is that the Spurs go ice cold again from the outside..

Duncan v. Chandler?? Seriously, the guy will have 2 fouls on him with 8 min. to go in the first quarter.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    -
    Duncan isn't guarding West and suddenly Fabs is getting under his skin and in his head.

I suppose by getting calls at home, you must mean on some of the ridiculous flops that CP tries to get called. Think maybe the refs ain't buying his crap any longer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To Scott's credit, he did try and adjust: the Hornets didn't double Timmy as aggressively in game 4 as he did in earlier games. Also, in game 4 the Spurs' 3-point shooting was adequate but not great (8-26 = 30%). So New Orleans didn't really lose because of the Spurs' 3-point shooting.

What did the Hornets in was Duncan going off (10-13 FG, 15 rebs, almost fouling Chandler out in 3 quarters). Parker also outplayed Paul. I think Scott will actually go back to packing the lane more and trying to dare the Spurs' role players to beat him. Daring Duncan and Parker to beat his defenders 1-on-1 will be great news for the Spurs. I'd rather have the outcome decided by Duncan/Parker than by Finley/Bowen/Udoka.

I think the Spurs now have zeroed in on how they want to defend the Hornets.
    No open looks for Peja, Mo-Pete, Pargo; Bowen, Manu and Finley need to stick to them
    KT defending West 1-on-1 unless West comes too close to the rim when Duncan helps with the shot-blocking threat.
    Dare Wright to shoot from range but don't let him drive
    Play Bonzi straight up with Udoka
    Don't leave Chandler alone for the lob
    Dare CP3 to make those acrobatic layups every time

The Hornets have now tried 2 different schemes in games 3 and 4: hard double on Tim every time in game 3, soft double mixed with no double team in game 4. They have been handily beaten each time. Scott hasn't yet nailed down his defensive gameplan while Pop already has. Game 5 will be decided by whether Scott can come up with something that Pop isn't prepared for (e.g. long stretches of zone defense)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    12 FTAs on 26 FGA is getting every call? Right ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chandler one-on-one with Duncan works out fine. Basically, it means your best shot-blocker will spend most of the game on the bench allowing Manu and Parker to attack the basket at will.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    - Quit doubling Duncan.
    If you're going to constantly double Duncan and let him get 20 points on 9-of-12 shooting, then you're pretty much screwed.
    -Hollinger

you maybe on to something here.

Kori's nightmare SpurOutofTownFan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Scott's strategy of doubling Duncan is ok and should be used going forward. If you stop doing it he will put a clinic in NO and Chandler doesn't have the toolkit to stop him for 40 minutes. He's gonna have 4-5 fouls by half game and it's game over.

In games 1 and 2 it kind of worked as duncan was a little sick and they doubled him pretty well while everyone else just folded it but now he has his mojo back and playing him straight up would be a big major mistake. I don't think Scott will try that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kurt is doing an awesome job on West aswell. Fabbs is annoying the out of him. Bruce has sent Peja fishing. No one can stop Parker and Manu. Pop is finally outcoaching Scott. The End.

I advise Byron Scott to stop doubling Duncan and leave Chandler him

Nostradamas Jr.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New Orleans will make their adjustments and kill the Spurs in game 5, then Pop will make his, and SA will give you a better game, before suc bing to the younger, stronger, and hungrier Hornets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not like the Spurs shot well from the 3 last game (8-26, 30%).

Nostradamas Jr.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not like the Spurs shot well from the 3 last game (8-26, 30%).
    I think they will hit 16 from downtown in game 5.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncan would anihilate the hornets. I really hope NO do this.

yes please, play a scrub in the most important playoff game in NO history.

Duncan does not guard West, genius. It's KT or Oberto.

I really wish NO coaching is staff was a dumb as you

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New Orleans will make their adjustments and kill the Spurs in game 5, then Pop will make his, and SA will give you a better game, before suc bing to the younger, stronger, and hungrier Hornets.

Where have I seen this strategy before . . . ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim is now healthy.

End of story.

Thread Information