Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That was Ray Allenesque
    That was like a Richard Simmons bend-over
    That was like George Bush versus any random series of terrorists.
    That was G-I-N-O-B-I-L-I !

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This loss is on Manu.

Spurs Fanatic
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    totally agree. I think he needs to go back to the bench. Manu really hasn't had a great series yet in the playoffs. I'm still waiting for him to come through.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    @ the thread le.

This blows. Spurs with a 20 point lead in the 3rd quarter on the road and they blow it. This was a team chokejob. Though Ginobili did not help the cause, neither did Parker or anyone else in the 2nd half.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu looked and played like he was on chemotherapy tonight.

No offense to those on chemotherapy.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    The wind could have stopped manu tonight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree--Manu played like a pussy. Pop gets some credit too...the whole game changed when he took Bowen out with the 3rd foul...HE DIDN'T NEED TO COME OUT THEN...WE HAD THEM ON THE ROPES. As well as he coached Game 7 of the last series, he ed this game away. Tough to GIVE a game away.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he could've played a lot worse. He shot the same shooting percentage as TP, but yeah he had 4 TOs....but that's freakin' Manu. The Spurs are expecting Manu to save them in the 4th like always, and you just can't do that...it's what we have Tim for, it's what we have Tony for...we need a collective team effort out there and it just wasn't tonight. With Manu you HAVE to take the bad with the good...you just have to. Unfortunately tonight was the bad part...it'll be better next game.

It'll be fine, no need to get all riled up.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he could've played a lot worse. He shot the same shooting percentage as TP, but yeah he had 4 TOs....but that's freakin' Manu. The Spurs are expecting Manu to save them in the 4th like always, and you just can't do that...it's what we have Tim for, it's what we have Tony for...we need a collective team effort out there and it just wasn't tonight. With Manu you HAVE to take the bad with the good...you just have to. Unfortunately tonight was the bad part...it'll be better next game.

It'll be fine, no need to get all riled up.
    You think so? Did you watch the game tonight? Manu could go take a at center court and then hit the showers in game 2 and have a more positive impact.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    this thread le is an instant classic

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu was fvcking horrible. This was the worst playoff game he's ever played. He got lit up by nobodies defensively and sucked offensively.

He literally couldn't have played worse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dissapointing, but not totally unexpected.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh and 7-for-17 != 3-for-13

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bull . Bowen's D was ing PERFECT on Kobe. As good as anyone could ever guard him.

Duncan was on fire. Parker was solid. Had a 20 point lead. What more could you ask for? I doubt the Spurs EVER get a 20pt lead on this team again, even at home.

This was a huge chokejob. But if Manu just played mediocre and not turned the ball over and hit maybe one open 3 point look -- the Spurs win this.

Now the Lakers have a ton of confidence. Even if they don't, the Spurs will sure give them reason to be with choke jobs like this.

What more can you ask when you have a 20 point lead in the middle of the third?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You think so? Did you watch the game tonight? Manu could go take a at center court and then hit the showers in game 2 and have a more positive impact.
    wow.

Of course I watched the game. He had a bad one, whoopty doo, he's not the only one who's had one. We'll just have to get the next one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The thing that is scary is this is the second time this season where the Spurs lose just because Manu was horrible. If Barry played Manu's minutes this game, the Spurs win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't blame this on Manu. I agree Manu played about as bad as he could have, but really Tim and Tony both played scared at the end of the game.

Kobe took the shots he needed to at the end of the game. Who took shots for us? Udoka and Finely. Give me a break. This was a massive massive massive choke job for the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The thing that is scary is this is the second time this season where the Spurs lose just because Manu was horrible. If Barry played Manu's minutes this game, the Spurs win.
    100% agreed. If Manu didn't play tonight, the Spurs hold and win this game. Even with Bowen going to the bench and Kobe going off.....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The badness actually started on the defensive end, when he started out the game turning Radmanovic into Larry Bird. Then it progressed to his offense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, from top to bottom that 2nd half was something I expected out of a Spurs team in the late 90s. It was just an utter collapse. Just HORRIBLE.

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wow baseline bum your bringing the heat tonight... thats some funny

wow

It's a process... mexicanjunior's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu was horrendous and this was the kind of game that kills confidence, ask the Suns...Finley, Barry and Udoka were not much better from the 3 point line, so that pretty much spells a loss every time. If the Spurs cannot make a decent 3 pt percentage with wide open looks, they will be lucky to win a game this series...

Veteran ManuTim_best of Fwiendz's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't blame this on Manu. I agree Manu played about as bad as he could have, but really Tim and Tony both played scared at the end of the game.

Kobe took the shots he needed to at the end of the game. Who took shots for us? Udoka and Finely. Give me a break. This was a massive massive massive choke job for the Spurs.
    The whole team kinda just gave up at the end. No one wanted to shoot it, blew 3 offensive opportunities....

All in all it's one game. Manu will be back on Friday.

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like timvp said... this would have to rate as his worst performance of his career... in a playoff game... the numbers dont even do justice to how bad he was... on defense he was just atrocious...

Unbelieveable

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The badness actually started on the defensive end, when he started out the game turning Radmanovic into Larry Bird. Then it progressed to his offense.
    Exactly. Radmanovic scores his career quarter in the first half with Ginobili on him. Then Vujacic takes his turn lighting him up. Manu's best defense came against Kobe, oddly enough.

Ginobili's poor offense I can live with. Playing like the worst defensive player on the planet is what is more frustrating.

Thread Information