Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Here is an article about that kid from the new Harry Potter movie. He was fatally stabbed outside a bar. I was just wonder about this figure I read. It really makes you think about why our guns are so ing important to us because you know that figure is massively eclipsed in any other area as densely populated in a like sized America town. Perhaps I'm wrong I just don't think so. I guess for example New York had a little over 900 murders in 2006. I wonder how many were teens and by guns.

LONDON (AFP) - Police in London have been given more time to question a 21-year-old man held on su ion of fatally stabbing a teenager actor who played a role in the forthcoming Harry Potter film, Scotland Yard said on Monday.

Rob Knox, 18, was killed outside the Metro Bar in southeast London in the early hours of Saturday morning while reportedly trying to protect his brother from a man wielding a knife.

The teenager played the role of student Marcus Belby in "Harry Potter And The Half-Blood Prince", which is due to be released in November.

Police arrested a 21-year-old on su ion of murder and have been given more time to question him, Scotland Yard said on Monday, without giving further details.

Knox's murder takes to 14 the number of teenagers violently killed in London this year, a figure which has caused alarm among police, politicians and campaigners.

The stabbing took place after a man entered the bar and was seen waving two knives around. A scuffle broke out and Knox and his brother Jamie were reportedly trying to protect each other.

Several others sustained knife wounds.

Tom Hopkins, 18, and Tarik Ozress, 17 - both of whom are friends of the Knox brothers - managed to pin the man down after wrestling with him for several minutes before police arrived.

Hopkins, who was stabbed in the head, said: "Rob was just trying to help out. He was like that. I grabbed the knife, I didn't know at the time that he had another knife. It was just chaos."

Knox was taken to hospital where he was pronounced dead.

Friends said there had been a row over a phone last week and believe it could have been a revenge attack.

"Rob was kind and thoughtful and would always help out others," the teen's parents Colin and Sally said in a statement. "The life and soul of the party, he was very outgoing, loved sports, and would always strike up a conversation with people.

"He was respectful to others and adored by all his family and friends."

Film producers Warner Bros said: "We are all shocked and saddened by this news and at this time our sympathies are with his family."

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    what the does this have to do with gun control? in America?

Harry PotteR? wTF? are you drunk b2b?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

No , I was about to have my NRA speech all ready for this post!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    b2b is correct!

if i had to choose, i'd rather my kid get caught up in a knife fight than a gun fight anyday...

most of us mexicans carry a small blade anyway...

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

If he had the right to concealed carry, he might have had a chance to protect himself.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    yes, more guns are the answer! didn't you read the first post bro! the stats don't lie...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    If he had the right to concealed carry, he might have had a chance to protect himself.
    do you think that's what he meant?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I meant that they've only seen a total of 14 violent murders to date this year (teen murders). If they had gun accessibility like we do that number would be far greater. Eliminate the guns and you have far less fatalities. I understand that being able to carry a gun may some day protect you, I'm not disputing that but eliminating guns elimates many senseless murders and last time I checked they have guns for hunting purposes there so we can't argue that.

I found the figure of 14 to be extremely low compared to our teen crime per capita in the states and they were beginning to worry at that figure.

I also said that I may be wrong but according you gun lovers having a weapon to protect yourself eliminates crimes blah blah blah.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yeah I'm only slightly buzzed, had to work today. Sup Pego

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It's okay ... you're more than free to give up your guns.

I'll keep mine, thankyou.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Utah Jazz
    College
    Alabama Crimson Tide

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Guns are the solution.

That is pretty obvious . . .

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    i need to get a gun actually

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    We have a gun control forum

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I want a gun too. With the New Orleans PD the way it is, you can't count on them to protect you. Indeed, no man should rely on others to do what it is his intrinsic right and duty -- to protect himself and his family.

Actually, I want two guns -- a small Derringer for my wife, and a double-barrelled shotgun for me. I'm actually a lousy shot, but you don't have to be a good shot with a shotgun. Just pump & spray! Thugs-b-ded. Or, better yet, the future rap stars invading my house will hear the pumping of the shotgun and get scurred -- the shotgun is an intimidating weapon.

What I really want, though, is a Taser. I get the thug on the ground, put the leads to his nipples, and make him say humiliating things, such as "I'm worthless", "I'm a no-good piece of trash," and "I belong in prison," etc. And a Taser won't kill him, it'll just hurt him real bad. And I won't have to clean up any blood or repair my house again after shooting it up with bullets -- I've already restored my house once!

Linger Ficking Good! CuckingFunt's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    I want a gun too. With the New Orleans PD the way it is, you can't count on them to protect you. Indeed, no man should rely on others to do what it is his intrinsic right and duty -- to protect himself and his family.

Actually, I want two guns -- a small Derringer for my wife, and a double-barrelled shotgun for me. I'm actually a lousy shot, but you don't have to be a good shot with a shotgun. Just pump & spray! Thugs-b-ded. Or, better yet, the future rap stars invading my house will hear the pumping of the shotgun and get scurred -- the shotgun is an intimidating weapon.

What I really want, though, is a Taser. I get the thug on the ground, put the leads to his nipples, and make him say humiliating things, such as "I'm worthless", "I'm a no-good piece of trash," and "I belong in prison," etc. And a Taser won't kill him, it'll just hurt him real bad. And I won't have to clean up any blood or repair my house again after shooting it up with bullets -- I've already restored my house once!
    Good to hear, preacher man.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Utah Jazz
    College
    Alabama Crimson Tide
    We have a gun control forum
    No, but we do have one for sensitive political issues.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It's better to look at US murder rates state by state instead of as a whole. They range from 1 per 100,000 in New Hampshire to 12.4 per 100,000 in Louisiana. County by county stats would be even better, but I've never seen anything that specific.

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/arti...cid=12&did=169

Some of the states with the lowest rates seem like they would have plenty of gun owners, like Iowa, Idaho, Montana, and the Dakotas.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Good to hear, preacher man.
    Okay, maybe I went a little far with the humiliation bit. But I certainly affirm the right and responsibility of every man to defend his house.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Duke Blue Devils
    In a way gun control would lower the amount of violent teen deaths, but I think it's more of a society problem than a gun problem. Same thing happened at a local park by my house not too far back, 3 ended up dead in a big brawl. No guns involved, just a knife. I think the fact that some people carry guns as personal protection deters alot of would be criminals, so it's a 2 way street. The criminals are already in the wrong so they're already going to have guns. Take guns away from the innocent citizens and they can't protect themselves.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Like I said, if you folks want to give up your guns, then by all means, do it.

But if you're going to take mine away, you're going to have to pry them from my cold, lifeless fingers. Not that I'm a gun nut -- I can hardly shoot one. But the crook doesn't need to know that.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    14 teens violently killed in London on May 25th seems rather high to me. I'm not sure San Antonio's rate is higher than that. So I think B2B's point may be way off.

If you're going to champion statistics to back up your case then you may want to make sure the comparison you're making is valid.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    In a way gun control would lower the amount of violent teen deaths, but I think it's more of a society problem than a gun problem. Same thing happened at a local park by my house not too far back, 3 ended up dead in a big brawl. No guns involved, just a knife. I think the fact that some people carry guns as personal protection deters alot of would be criminals, so it's a 2 way street. The criminals are already in the wrong so they're already going to have guns. Take guns away from the innocent citizens and they can't protect themselves.
    Obviously its not an absolute but taking the guns away does keep guns out of criminal hands. There aren't many gun crimes in Europe but its has to equate to a good half if not more of the crimes here in the states.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    14 teens violently killed in London on May 25th seems rather high to me. I'm not sure San Antonio's rate is higher than that. So I think B2B's point may be way off.

If you're going to champion statistics to back up your case then you may want to make sure the comparison you're making is valid.

show me your stats!!! b2b said he wonders and you say your not sure...and i'm busy sharpening my blade...
    Last edited by BigZak; 05-26-2008 at 04:02 PM.

Thread Information