Page 320 of 394 FirstFirst ... 220270310316317318319320321322323324330370 ... LastLast
Results 7,976 to 8,000 of 9848
    Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All I want for the Spurs to win as soon as possible, lest Wemby would be tired of losing and jump ship out of our team. So who are really the best two picks that will impact winning as soon possible that can maybe make us a playoff team or at least close to that. Who??? What do we need most to reach that? Playmaking, Defense, Shooting? Who among the picks will maximize the skill of Wemby? Who among the picks will make Wemby happy?
    Wemby won't have a problem with anyone they draft.

He still has trust in the fo decision making at this point.

We'll see after the next couple of seasons if that changes. Spurs need to step up in these next two drafts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Risacher is almost a lock to be gone at 4.
    If Risacher is there at 4 then yea that would likely change things. The Castle pick projection is under the assumption that Risacher is gone by 4, which I believe he will be. I think WAS ultimately takes him at 2 tbh.
    If Risacher is gone by 4, then I would draft Buzelis, as the only other forward projected to go in the top 5 and settle for whichever guard is available at #8.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For the Holland enthusiasts, please check out this podcast. Basically the shot is broken.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000656379363

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Risacher will be a Wizard tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby won't have a problem with anyone they draft.

He still has trust in the fo decision making at this point.

We'll see after the next couple of seasons if that changes. Spurs need to step up in these next two drafts.

How could you possibly know what Wemby is actually thinking? This is a guy who said Las Vegas felt like the "closest thing I've seen to a Dystopia." He's an independent thinker, and it's impossible to know his true feelings on what he really thinks about the decisions PATFO have made. This sort of certainty reminds me of the days when there were endless twitter, instagram, and article quotes shared around here about Josh Primo's incredible "maturity" and "high character."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Risacher will be a Wizard tbh.

Risacher is a bit of a mess on Washington. If they resign Tyus, at least they have a point guard to distribute. Otherwise they have chuckers in Poole and Kuzma, although they may move the Kooz. Then, they already have a designated sharpshooter in Kispert.

A shooting wing is not what they need and he's hard to develop even if he has much of a ceiling to get to.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who thought Jokic would be arguably the greatest offensive bigman in league history? You never know.

All I'm saying is that after years of taking non-shooter in hopes of fixing their shots, I would like to switch it up and draft some actual good shooters for once, tbh.
    You realize that Sochan’s 3G% went up 60 points this past season, right? Our worst problem is defense, and I think you address that first. YMMV.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In unrelated news, looks like this will be the last year of Inside the NBA on TNT. For shame. End of an era tbh.

gonna hate to see this happen. although, there may be a lot of happy women in SA once charles is gone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why it say our pick #48 forfeited? What did we do?
    https://www.nbadraft.net/nba-mock-dr...year-mock=2024

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As terrible as Washington has been, I have to think they understand at this point that Kuzma and Poole aren't going to major components of any winning seasons in the future. I can't imagine any team passing on someone they think of as a BPA because there's a Poole or Kuzma currently under contract.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs are a top defense with Wemby on the court. Upping his minutes should improve the overall defensive metrics by a lot. What the Spurs need is shooting, shooting, more shooting and then some more shooting, tbh.

That's clearly the most obvious route to improving the team in a significant way.
    Could use guys who can put the ball on the floor too, hence why Dillingham is my favorite prospect with a decent chance to still be there at 4 and why I like him better than Sheppard.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You realize that Sochan’s 3G% went up 60 points this past season, right? Our worst problem is defense, and I think you address that first. YMMV.
    He gets ridiculously wide open threes since teams know they don't have to guard him there and he still sucks at hitting them.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He gets ridiculously wide open threes since teams know they don't have to guard him there and he still sucks at hitting them.
    Sochan's overall fg% dropped and his efg% stayed the same.

I didn't see this vast jump in improvement from year one to year two in Sochan's shooting.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    24% to 30% from threes is improvement i guess, but he still ing sucks at shooting and as bb pointed out most of his threes are completely wide open

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can see Castle starting over Tre half way into the season. I see whoever we choose at 8 being in the G League next year unless they're some freak of nature which none of the prospects seem to be at the moment. They'll have to battle Vassell, KJ, Champangie, Wesley, Branham, etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Castle at 4 and Knecht at 8.
    or
    Risacher at 4 and Castle/Dillingham at 8.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doubt it ultimately happensg, but Clingan going 3 would be great for us tbh. Pushes another player down to us at 8.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    24% to 30% from threes is improvement i guess, but he still ing sucks at shooting and as bb pointed out most of his threes are completely wide open
    Not only that when he misses he often misses badly indicating poor shooting mechanics and form.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dillingham is something between Allan Iverson and Monta Ellis

Why not?
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To me, PG is the least important defensive position. If a guy can be a good team defender and work within the defensive scheme-- like Curry or Tony Parker-- it's relatively easy to hide them-- and that situation will be amplified with Wembanyama back there. Mike Conley is undersized and has no problem being part of Minnesota's league leading defense. Best case scenario, I'd love a 6'4"+ PG, but if that's not available, a 6'3" guy with impressive advanced defensive stats is not a dramatic compromise.
    This is not true anymore, at least certainly not in the playoffs. In the regular season, teams have other goals in mind than winning every game, but in the playoffs, teams are relentless and will attack weak players until they get played off the floor. There's a reason playoff rotations are only 7 players deep. Having Wemby helps, but there's a limit to what he can fix, as proven with the Spurs mediocre team defense this year.

You can be an average to good defender without height, but it requires good technique, agility, and basketball IQ. Sheppard seems to have enough of those other three tools. For some reason, Dillingham seems to lack all three on the defensive side of the court even though he has them on the offensive side. Maybe it's fixable, but I'm not sure.

Why not?
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can see Castle starting over Tre half way into the season. I see whoever we choose at 8 being in the G League next year unless they're some freak of nature which none of the prospects seem to be at the moment. They'll have to battle Vassell, KJ, Champangie, Wesley, Branham, etc.
    I'd rather Castle start immediately. If he's better than expected then the Spurs can win games and fight for a playoff spot. If he takes some time to develop, the Spurs will lose some games, and the team can get a headstart on a tank if they decide to do that again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These "Defense is BAD" takes are hilarious.
    It's not a take. It's just a fact that when you compare all the positions, having a bad defensive point guard doesn't stop you from winning a le. I already went year by year for you in another thread. The fact is, that every other team besides the mid-90's bulls, 04 Pistons, 11 Mavs, and 21 Bucks have won a championship with a point guard who was a mid to bad defender. Heck you could go back 35 years and it's still the same 4 guys.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Castle at 4 and Knecht at 8.
    or
    Risacher at 4 and Castle/Dillingham at 8.
    Seems like the most reasonable outcome.
    I don't think Risacher will be available, though.

Going with positional need, player potential and PATFO preferences logic, Castle should be the #4 pick and then a shooter at #8.
    I think they'd rather take Dillingham than Knecht because of his upside.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doubt it ultimately happensg, but Clingan going 3 would be great for us tbh. Pushes another player down to us at 8.

He seems very un-rockety, unless Ime isa huge voice in their draft room.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I highly doubt Castle lasts to 8 either. If both Risacher and Castle are on the board at 4 the Spurs will have a tough decision to make.
    Risacher. Easy decision the Spurs won't have to make.

Thread Information