Page 25 of 49 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Choke. No timeout? Losing like that sucks more than getting blownout.
    I still think he did the right thing, though he could have called a TO when he felt trapped. There aren't many better scenarios than Harden having the ball in the open court. Usually the defense would have trouble setting and reacting but kudos to the Warriors for playing good D.

Damn, must suck to be a Rockets fan right now, tbh..
    The Rockets are playing with house money, there's no expectation to win. "Everyone" thought these would be two 20-point blowouts.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Exactly, honestly...it doesn't hurt as bad as you would think . We're going home, and its an L. Series aint over
    It hurts. Both were winnable. This one especially.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    I still think he did the right thing, though he could have called a TO when he felt trapped. There aren't many better scenarios than Harden having the ball in the open court. Usually the defense would have trouble setting and reacting but kudos to the Warriors for playing good D.

The Rockets are playing with house money, there's no expectation to win. "Everyone" thought these would be two 20-point blowouts.
    A win at GS would have changed it all. Oh well. A wasted performance from Harden.

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    They still have a chance. The Warriors, for all their great play this season, have looked vulnerable during the playoffs, even against the Pelicans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wasn't he getting doubled hard? I'm sure I'll see it in an animated GIF here soon enough.
    He brought the double on himself.
    When he got the ball after the Rockets rebounded, it is as McHale said.
    One Golden got had fallen down, the other was behind the end line.
    A Rocket was also behind the endline, thus it was 4 on 3.

Harden did that little stutter step then pulled up and threw the ball to Dwight.
    That killed the 4 on 3 advantage. Fallen down Golden got had recovered by that time and made it up to the Rockets end.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Until they had the ball with 8 seconds left down 1, about to get a split in Golden State.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    What's so appalling is the blatant disrespect for a possession by both teams, but, especially the Warriors. And none of it is steals. It's just throw-a-ways.

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    It's tough to lose the way they have the first two games but there was still no expectation for them to win either game or the series.

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    What's so appalling is the blatant disrespect for a possession by both teams, but, especially the Warriors. And none of it is steals. It's just throw-a-ways.
    Yep. To the Rockets defense, they've played like this all postseason but the Warriors are definitely capable of better.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    It's tough to lose the way they have the first two games but there was still no expectation for them to win either game or the series.
    That's chicken , dude. If you can't suffer the losses, then don't come here. You're not pulling this though.

Act like somebody.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    It hurts. Both were winnable. This one especially.
    they were, but you can't be thinking about that now. Winning two games in GS is something thats unrealistic...but the team almost did. They need to close out at home.

And for the life of ING I don't know what....CALL THOSE MOVING ING SCREENS.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a loser's mentality

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    What a loser's mentality
    idk who he is , ignore.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    idk who he is , ignore.
    You can't do that, sooky. He's trying to find a place among us. That ain't easy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can't do that, sooky. He's trying to find a place among us. That ain't easy.
    He acts like it doesn't sting but in reality it breaks him down inside like cancer.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    you can't be saying like nobody expected us to play and we should get a participation trophy.

I ain't about that.

And he said he didn't start following till 2 months ago.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    you can't be saying like nobody expected us to play and we should get a participation trophy.

I ain't about that.

I know, it was abhorrent reading that, but, at the very least he's in deep enough to consider fleeing from loss. That's a different way of looking at it.

Think of someone beside yourself, Sooky.

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    What a loser's mentality
    That's chicken , dude. If you can't suffer the losses, then don't come here. You're not pulling this though.

Act like somebody.
    Not really. Of course they were disappointing losses, of course they easily could have won but they are also the heavy underdog. Just like the Clippers series, it's going to take a major upset for them to win. Coin flip games happen, it's frustrating but the Warriors were up big with 1-2 minutes to go in both of those losses so it was a minor miracle they even pulled that close.

It sounds like excuses but the Warriors were the better team throughout both games and it was gutsy on the Rockets behalf that the games even got that close.

He acts like it doesn't sting but in reality it breaks him down inside like cancer.
    I never said it didn't hurt but also that the Rockets were not better than the Warriors either game nor were they expected to win.
    Last edited by Caltex2; 05-22-2015 at 07:56 AM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    They still have a chance. The Warriors, for all their great play this season, have looked vulnerable during the playoffs, even against the Pelicans.
    Every playoff team will look vulnerable at one point in the playoffs. They still swept the Pelicans

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Exactly. Some people just cannot face it. You want that ring so bad, that feeling, one sees the others here who've experienced it and they're envious and curious. It can really your mind up.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Exactly. Some people just cannot face it. You want that ring so bad, that feeling, one sees the others here who've experienced it and they're envious and curious. It can really your mind up.

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

I ain't about that.

I didn't start following closely. I still listened to Charlie Palillo on 790 every day and frankly, I had better things to do during the course of the Rockets season like work 50-60 hours a week.

I only have time now because the job market is tough.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    I didn't start following closely. I still listened to Charlie Palillo on 790 every day and frankly, I had better things to do during the course of the Rockets season like work 50-60 hours a week.

I only have time now because the job market is tough.
    I was just messin', nobody has the right to tell you who to root for or not. Best of luck with the job search

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Every playoff team will look vulnerable at one point in the playoffs. They still swept the Pelicans
    But the Warriors have looked vulnerable in every series. And of all of the 67+ win teams in NBA history, save Dallas because of their unique matchup nightmare against 'Nelly and the Warriors in '07, the current Warriors to me are the weakest. They can be had but the Rockets have to come through in the clutch. And play with more intensity quite frankly, still too many wide-open, easy layups and shots. How do you leave Curry wide open so often?

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    I was just messin', nobody has the right to tell you who to root for or not. Best of luck with the job search
    It's tough unless you want a rinky dink burger job or something like that. Thanks.

Thread Information