Page 173 of 745 FirstFirst ... 73123163169170171172173174175176177183223273673 ... LastLast
Results 4,301 to 4,325 of 18607
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Ingram has a higher ceiling than Brown, tbqh. Durability is only concern.
    Neither looks to have much of a chance of becoming anything special.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They could if he takes a considerable paycut, which it sounds like he would be willing to do since he reportedly doesn't care about the Supermax at all. Me thinks he's going to be a Laker either way next season, no matter how much he's making.
    Right Uncle Dennis is going to love seeing LA stretch Deng and taking an $80 million paycut on top of the $40 million he already lost from blowing his nephew's supermax deal.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They could if he takes a considerable paycut, which it sounds like he would be willing to do since he reportedly doesn't care about the Supermax at all. Me thinks he's going to be a Laker either way next season, no matter how much he's making.
    If he's willing to take 8M to sign there then so be it lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why are Lakers fans and media so desperate to get Kawhi in a trade?

Just wait a year and sign him free agency. And you can keep Ingram and Kuzma and Ball.

AND you can make sure he's *healthy* by waiting a year to make sure.

AND since it's not about the money I'm sure Kawhi will sign for whatever cap room is there. It's all about being home, right? And only playing for the Lakers, right?

Why so panicked?
    Actually that’s not true. They would have to dump One of Ball or Ingram just to sign LBJ and PG this year. They pretty much have to get rid of everyone else to sign Kawhi next summer, and I mean everyone. Figure LBJ for 35% and PG and Kawhi for 30% each. That’s 95% of the cap for 3 players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with the current spurs strategy regarding zero tolerance about trading Kawhi to the Lakers, or even to another western conference team. Kawhi and the lakers.

Even so, I'm not as optimistic as some about the chance that the lakers will eat up their cap space on others and that Kawhi will be left with having to sign with someone else, thus raising his potential trade value.

Ok, lets assume (which I think is growing increasingly likely) that PG and CP3 will not move to the lakers.

If the lakers don't look compe ive next year (i.e., have another superstar to help lebron), I think the odds are low that Lebron goes to LA, but as a tie breaker between LA and cleveland, the Lakers are better just because of the cap space and the future there is better. Neither Cleveland nor the Lakers as constructed challenge for a championship in 2019 by adding only lebron, so they are both a wash in that regard.

However, the Lakers have the cap space to attract a free agent, and Lebron knows Kawhi is serious about going in 2019; so, between Cleveland and the Lakers, if I'm lebron, I chose the Lakers.

Now, Lebron is not limited to those two teams. He could possibly work something with Philly. I would say that is clearly the superior option if I'm lebron and I want a chance to win a championship in 2019 and beyond.

So, the two most likely scenarios for LA this summer are 1) whiff on all including lebron, in which case they have cap space in 2019 for kawhi, or 2) land only lebron, which again leaves them space for kawhi next year. Both of these scenarios make kawhi's trade value weak even at the trade deadline, because kawhi has the ability to move to LA salary wise.

We will have to see how things land for LA; if they somehow do get 2 superstar free agents, then everything changes, kawhi probably has to re-think his demands, and the spurs get more value.

Regardless, I don't think we get better value by trading him now, so might as well roll the dice and wait this out.
    I'd be floored if PG13 doesn't sign in LA and LeBron's not going to go there with the Lakers' longterm prospects in mind. He's 33 and has a 3-4 year window to lead a team to a le. No way he's giving up a year of his prime waiting to possibly sign Kawhi when that capspace could be put towards landing Cousins, Capella, or DeAndre Jordan who could help them win right away (don't laugh, James was livid the Cavs didn't trade their #8 pick for Jordan this year). The Lakers maintaining that capspace means they wave goodbye to Randle and hope they can find someone halfway decent to take a JJ Red deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Come back! Come back!
    There is not one reason to leave the side of this poster.
    He is an Ins ution on this board and should be treated with the respect he deserves.

It's not like he's changed, flip-flopped, or became another en y...
    RD is the epitome of this board. I want a small statue of you to place as my hood ornament wherever I go.

Chicken strips 4evah!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd be floored if PG13 doesn't sign in LA and LeBron's not going to go there with the Lakers' longterm prospects in mind. He's 33 and has a 3-4 year window to lead a team to a le. No way he's giving up a year of his prime waiting to possibly sign Kawhi when that capspace could be put towards landing Cousins, Capella, or DeAndre Jordan who could help them win right away (don't laugh, James was livid the Cavs didn't trade their #8 pick for Jordan this year). The Lakers maintaining that capspace means they wave goodbye to Randle and hope they can find someone halfway decent to take a JJ Red deal.
    Reports currently show that PG is strongly considering staying in OKC and Spurs are currently refusing to deal to Western teams. If neither of those dominos fall, they can kiss Lebron goodbye.

So, basically... the Lakers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Presidents and congressmen have been doing that the las 100 years. Trumps just another good soldier
    He's a shill for votes so he can continue to win, like everyone else over there.
    On both sides.
    Only he actually cares more about winning than what he does to win.
    Which is typically the norm for politicians.

And I'm neither for, or against him. I think they all stink.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually that’s not true. They would have to dump One of Ball or Ingram just to sign LBJ and PG this year. They pretty much have to get rid of everyone else to sign Kawhi next summer, and I mean everyone. Figure LBJ for 35% and PG and Kawhi for 30% each. That’s 95% of the cap for 3 players.
    9% of the cap will actually go to the ten empty roster spots under 12 in that scenario too. After factoring in raises it would be more like 34% James, 29% George, 9% empty roster spots, and 28% Leonard. I mean 28% vs 30% for base salary probably isn't enough to dissuade him from signing, but it does chop another $9 million off his four year contract. The 34% and 29% numbers come from the 4.5% raises James and George would get for 2019-20 being less than the 7% rise in the cap for 2019-20. But like you said, the real damage here is having to dump Ball or Ingram right now and maybe both to get someone to take Deng. They have to let Randle walk. Either trade Kuzma for a future draft pick this season or renounce him next summer. Well, unless they think Kawhi is going to take a further $10 million paycut on his total contract. Instead of 4 years, $139 million it becomes 4 years, $120 million.

I just don't see LeBron agreeing to that if he goes to LA and the Spurs don't capitulate to the Lakers. All their young talent becomes nonproductive capspace instead of keeping one or two of them and then going out and signing Capella, Jordan, or Cousins.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 06-23-2018 at 06:56 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reports currently show that PG is strongly considering staying in OKC and Spurs are currently refusing to deal to Western teams. If neither of those dominos fall, they can kiss Lebron goodbye.

So, basically... the Lakers.
    He looked like he quit on them in the playoffs. I think he's out.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Nah, he just choked in the playoffs like he always does, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's all offseason Twitter speculation obviously but...I only share what I find.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny just knows Kawhi wasn't at the club last night.
    But I thought, errbody at da club gettin' down

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Broussard says his entire family wants him in LA.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My stance on Leonard is this:

Make him play or make him pay!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is not true. You can’t get Bird raises in a sign and trade anymore. Unless he’s traded to LA before the trade deadline he stands to lose those Bird raises in his deal with them.

Also, he can’t sign an extension anywhere close to his possible max next season EXCEPT if the Spurs offer the supermax.

That 8-2 streak included games against the Hawks, Kings, Magic and Mavs. Of the teams who made the playoffs, they beat the Nuggets on the road (as we all know their home/road splits are huge), the Heat (shot lights out so good for them), the Cavs (no Love or Thompson), and Spurs (no Aldridge).

Total fools gold.
    Plus, wasn't that Spurs victory the game Lonzo went unconscious from 3? 6 for 6 as I recall...something he will probably never do again, even in practice. Unless its against the Spurs again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another reason I think he's LA bound. Who would have figured his family wouldn't like meth and trailer parks?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zero chance Philly would give us all that if Kawhi tells them he's signing with LA next Summer no matter what.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good for him, amirite? So it should be the Spurs goal to make it as difficult and as costly as possible for him to go there and create a superteam. And from everything I see, the Spurs have already initiated that plan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zero chance Philly would give us all that if Kawhi tells them he's signing with LA next Summer no matter what.

Brett Brown thinks he can sway him? I honestly don't think Kawhi cares about ringing again like he does being in LA tho.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brett Brown thinks he can sway him? I honestly don't think Kawhi cares about ringing again like he does being in LA tho.
    I think he wants a big market. Plus Uncle Dennis would love his cash cow being close to home in Philly. I think he's saying LA to try to get that super team formed with LeBron and PG13, but when that chance dries up Philly and Boston are going to start looking appealing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good for him, amirite? So it should be the Spurs goal to make it as difficult and as costly as possible for him to go there and create a superteam. And from everything I see, the Spurs have already initiated that plan.
    I'm not buying it. The group that cares so much about the Jordan shoe deal doesn't care about money? Right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No to Fultz...but yes to Saric, Covington, Smith and a pick.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thats fine.. never fault someone for that. But there are MUCH MUCH MUCH better ways of getting this ... Quitting your team, blaming problems on other people, etc is very unprofessional.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No to Fultz...but yes to Saric, Covington, Smith and a pick.
    So we just don't want the #1 pick in last year's draft?

Thread Information