Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Eye popping Athleticism"

PLAYER, POS, LANE AGILITY TIME, SHUTTLE RUN, THREE QUARTER SPRINT, STANDING VERTICAL LEAP, MAX VERTICAL LEAP

Matas Buzelis SF 10.73 2.90 3.09 31.0 38.0
    Ron Holland II SF 11.10 2.91 3.10 30.0 38.0
    Dalton Knecht SF 10.56 2.79 3.07 31.0 39.0

Not sure I see any kind of eye popping athletic edge there...

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

PLAYER, POS, LANE AGILITY TIME, SHUTTLE RUN, THREE QUARTER SPRINT, STANDING VERTICAL LEAP, MAX VERTICAL LEAP

That's because you skipped past the video of his dunks and blocks and ran to three lines of text.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is chatter the Holland has questions about his character, and the Spurs usually steer clear of these players regardless of talent.
    Considering two of their character guy pickups were wife beater Forbes and serial flasher Primo can't say I trust their character evaluation much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Considering two of their character guy pickups were wife beater Forbes and serial flasher Primo can't say I trust their character evaluation much.
    Don’t forget atheist manu

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fit is awful selfish player , tunnel vision , poor shooter and character red flags. That is like everything you don't want around Wemby. The guy is also probably going bald by 23. He is like a version of KJ who is a bad fit around Wemby.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True that. I would just say that those character flaws only exposed themselves after they were drafted (pun intended).

Personally I'm on team draft Holland - but PATFO bang on about character as the number one criteria when drafting a player, and when I hear Holland had question marks (I don't know what they are) I thought it's now unlikely we take him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fit is awful selfish player , tunnel vision , poor shooter and character red flags. That is like everything you don't want around Wemby. The guy is also probably going bald by 23. He is like a version of KJ who is a bad fit around Wemby.
    Always a good reason to not draft someone.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Always a good reason to not draft someone.
    Always. Tell me you like looking at Derrick's big ass forehead.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holland is just one of a few options at 8, nothing more. I think he mocks about 9, actually.

Sarr, Risacher, Clingan, Topic, Dilly, Castle, Sheppard, Buzelis. That’s 8. Holland is in the conversation with players such as Knecht and C Williams. Basically Holland is a 9-11 ranked player.

Spurs love forever RobinsontoDuncan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Matas Buzelis and Dalton Knecht are also really good athletes. I wouldn't be upset if the Spurs ended up with Buzelis, whereas I am a little less high on Knecht because he doesnt seem to have much of a commitment on the defensive end.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holland said "it boils my blood" that ppl say this is a weak draft like damn killer what a bizarre answer

and didn't he say some other weird reply like "Nothing has changed with me. I'm still the same compe or who has won almost everything."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess it is annoying when people parrot weak draft narratives

It's not top heavy but it is a pretty damn exciting draft imo

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holland said "it boils my blood" that ppl say this is a weak draft like damn killer what a bizarre answer

and didn't he say some other weird reply like "Nothing has changed with me. I'm still the same compe or who has won almost everything."
    Regarding the second reply, he's not wrong. Before he joined Ignite and his team lost pretty much every game in humiliating fashion, he did win basically wherever he went. He took his hometown public high school to like 3 or 4 Texas state championships and turned them into a national powerhouse. Then he excelled playing FIBA U16 and U17 teams that won a bunch. Then he was easily the best player at the Nike Hoops Summit. His reply is probably coached to address the expected questions about Ignite losing so much, but it does have truth to it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Regarding the second reply, he's not wrong. Before he joined Ignite and his team lost pretty much every game in humiliating fashion, he did win basically wherever he went. He took his hometown public high school to like 3 or 4 Texas state championships and turned them into a national powerhouse. Then he excelled playing FIBA U16 and U17 teams that won a bunch. Then he was easily the best player at the Nike Hoops Summit. His reply is probably coached to address the expected questions about Ignite losing so much, but it does have truth to it.
    good context thanks you are right with that perspective it doesn't seem like such a red flag response

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I don't think it's parroting a narrative when NBA GMs are saying it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Def not busting at the seams or anything but I feel like it's more of a weak tier 1 and not a weak overall draft semantics granted and obvs the top selections are the most important admittedly.

I bet NBA GMs want tier one players cause they fill seats and take less time to be hype worthy so that's a focus

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Agree. The Spurs stand an excellent chance of bagging two players who will contribute. Gotta like that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree. The Spurs stand an excellent chance of bagging two players who will contribute. Gotta like that.
    That's really where I'm at. If the Spurs come away from this draft with two plus starters on a championship team, I'm really pleased with that outcome. Victor is going to be a monster on offense, what he needs is a team built around him that can amount to a top caliber defense type team, and a few outlets for secondary scoring.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's really where I'm at. If the Spurs come away from this draft with two plus starters on a championship team, I'm really pleased with that outcome. Victor is going to be a monster on offense, what he needs is a team built around him that can amount to a top caliber defense type team, and a few outlets for secondary scoring.
    Now here is where I differ: If the top 8 players are that good, them this isn't a weak draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

if that is the case, why doesn't he go back to college and try again next year when he's clearly bound to get drafted higher?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if that is the case, why doesn't he go back to college and try again next year when he's clearly bound to get drafted higher?
    I could be wrong about the rules, but Holland played g-league this year (and they have decided no Ignite youth team next year, so he can't go back there). As such, he's taken pro money, and thus can't play NCAA. So either he goes NBA or goes overseas.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because he never went to college and is a projected lottery pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now here is where I differ: If the top 8 players are that good, them this isn't a weak draft.
    I dont really think it's a super weak draft. I think it's a harder draft to evaluate in the lottery than most other recent drafts, but I think there are a lot of players in this year's draft that should be good NBA players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont really think it's a super weak draft. I think it's a harder draft to evaluate in the lottery than most other recent drafts, but I think there are a lot of players in this year's draft that should be good NBA players.
    You can usually predict a strong draft when there is surefire talent at the top, but any other draft you have to see how it fleshes out. A big factor is also where players go. I remember when Chauncey Billups looked like a bad pick for Boston.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because everyone says next years draft is amazing. He wouldn't improve enough to move up.

Thread Information