Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Just Right of Atilla the Hun Yonivore's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...the new norm.

So, when Nancy Pelosi tells you the unemployment rate would be in the 14% range had it not been for the stimulus, you know it's a crock of .

They have no idea what they're doing.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yoni is disappointed it's not higher.

What happened to all the investment that you said would happen when the tax cuts were extended?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you were Prez and had the Senate and House on your side, what would you do, Yoni?

Come, man up, fix the country for us.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you were Prez and had the Senate and House on your side, what would you do, Yoni?

Come, man up, fix the country for us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Christie is doing just as great with this ty economy...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder where 1 in 10 Americans are going to find $250/mo in disposable income to keep yoni's millionaire dream alive...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The economy is growing despite wing-nut obstructionism...that alone should be enough evidence to prove the stimulus is working and we need another stimulus - pass the American jobs bill or suffer the consequences in November..

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    I wonder where 1 in 10 Americans are going to find $250/mo in disposable income to keep yoni's millionaire dream alive...
    Are you saying the top 10% are not wealthy enough to plan for their own retirement?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you saying the top 10% are not wealthy enough to plan for their own retirement?
    I was being sarcastic, but...

9.1% unemployment, 1 in 10...get it? smh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought the Republicans were going to fix the economy when they took over the House.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The economy is growing despite wing-nut obstructionism...that alone should be enough evidence to prove the stimulus is working and we need another stimulus - pass the American jobs bill or suffer the consequences in November..
    LOL, what you say is much more important that what you do when it comes to elections in this country thanks to all the money in politics used to buy tons of snarky and sarcastic commercials.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought the Republicans were going to fix the economy when they took over the House.
    When did you hear that? All I remember was them saying they would stop Obama's policies. They've been doing that. Next year when they take the Senate and the WH you can start expecting them to fix the economy.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    I was being sarcastic, but...

9.1% unemployment, 1 in 10...get it? smh
    Yes, I get it. Still, I was an unemployment statistic more than one. That doesn't keep me from investing.

Are you looking for an excuse not to invest?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pass the American jobs bill or suffer the consequences in November..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, I get it. Still, I was an unemployment statistic more than one. That doesn't keep me from investing.

Are you looking for an excuse not to invest?
    Frankly, I don't know many people without a job that have a spare $250 bucks to toss into savings every month. Actually, outside of you, I know none.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When did you hear that? All I remember was them saying they would stop Obama's policies. They've been doing that. Next year when they take the Senate and the WH you can start expecting them to fix the economy.
    I'm sure those unemployed for a while are grateful that stopping Obama policies is the priority... /sarcasm

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Frankly, I don't know many people without a job that have a spare $250 bucks to toss into savings every month. Actually, outside of you, I know none.
    So you don't invest when unemployed. You invest when you can.

The point is, you can have a good financial future thru regular investments. However, if you don't invest, you have nothing. Then... only you are to blame.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you don't invest when unemployed. You invest when you can.

The point is, you can have a good financial future thru regular investments. However, if you don't invest, you have nothing. Then... only you are to blame.
    how are you going to invest with no money to invest? Do you realize how many people live paycheck to paycheck?

IOW, what's the point of saving for the future if you're going to starve to death in the process?

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    how are you going to invest with no money to invest? Do you realize how many people live paycheck to paycheck?

IOW, what's the point of saving for the future if you're going to starve to death in the process?
    Well, not everyone can invest for the future. They get SS only.

Your point?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, not everyone can invest for the future. They get SS only.

Your point?
    How much monthly income an unemployed person receives?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What would help the people living paycheck-to-paycheck is if we lower the minimum wage.

That'll both increase their salary and decrease the number of people with jobs that require them to live paycheck-to-paycheck. Oh wait, that's not right.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    How much monthly income an unemployed person receives?
    I haven't looked up the numbers lately. Last time I was unemployed, I received $420 a week.

If you wish to help everyone unemployed, get together with like minded individuals, and start a foundation. You are free to do so.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven't looked up the numbers lately. Last time I was unemployed, I received $420 a week.
    Not sure where you lived then, but nowadays that's not a lot of money. At least I couldn't save $250/mo here now with that income. I would actually have a hard time making ends meet.

If you wish to help everyone unemployed, get together with like minded individuals, and start a foundation. You are free to do so.
    where did this come from?

My point was that since anyone can seemingly be a millionaire by making the "right choices" (whatever those are), and investing $250/mo in some imaginary fund that give you fairy tale returns, I was curious to know where all these unemployed people are going to get the disposable $250/mo they need to keep the "dream" alive. Again, in case you forgot, I was being sarcastic.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    My point was that since anyone can seemingly be a millionaire by making the "right choices" (whatever those are), and investing $250/mo in some imaginary fund that give you fairy tale returns, I was curious to know where all these unemployed people are going to get the disposable $250/mo they need to keep the "dream" alive. Again, in case you forgot, I was being sarcastic.
    They don't need it now.

Are you under the illusion that they will be unemployed all their lives?

Now sure, not everyone can save a million by the time they retire, but if a person doesn't have the at ude to strive for it... will they?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They don't need it now.

Are you under the illusion that they will be unemployed all their lives?
    Uh? No. But the math on the compound interest and the number of years (not to mention the surreal returns) all hinge on putting in the money every month.

Now sure, not everyone can save a million by the time they retire, but if a person doesn't have the at ude to strive for it... will they?
    You're telling me only 10% of the population (or whatever the percentage of millionaires is) strive for it? I have a hard time believing that. I'm sure a lot of unemployed also planned for retirement, but sometimes the economy being and losing your job happens.

Thread Information