PDA

View Full Version : Dirk

Pages : [1] 2

FkLA
04-20-2010, 12:32 AM
is the most underrated flopper in the nba sons...everyone complains about chris fall, anderson varejao, or manu ginobili but this dude gets atleast 6-8 FTAs per game off of a cot damn fadeaway. think about that shit for a minute, he's fading away going away from the defender yet he manages to get a call from it--fuck not even MJ himself came close to getting calls off that move like Dirk does. so whats his secret? go flying like a little girl every single time after the release, so i just wanted to give him props for his high basketball iq :toast

sadly for him though sons the spurs will take care of business in Game 2 and follow that up with two wins at home

:flag:

Halberto
04-20-2010, 01:13 AM
You're stretching a little

j.dizzle
04-20-2010, 01:22 AM
LOL bonner guarding dirk

Jacob1983
04-20-2010, 01:52 AM
If you're going to judge flopping based on FT attempts, then I guess Wade and Howard are some of the best floppers in the NBA.

ezau
04-20-2010, 02:19 AM
is the most underrated flopper in the nba sons...everyone complains about chris fall, anderson varejao, or manu ginobili but this dude gets atleast 6-8 FTAs per game off of a cot damn fadeaway. think about that shit for a minute, he's fading away going away from the defender yet he manages to get a call from it--fuck not even MJ himself came close to getting calls off that move like Dirk does. so whats his secret? go flying like a little girl every single time after the release, so i just wanted to give him props for his high basketball iq :toast

sadly for him though sons the spurs will take care of business in Game 2 and follow that up with two wins at home

This

HarlemHeat37
04-20-2010, 02:41 AM
Dirk is certainly a great offensive flopper and gets his fair share of superstar calls, but I don't even know if he would make my top 10 offensive floppers tbh..

Gasol(#1), Maggette, Kevin Martin, Devin Harris, Durant, Billups, Paul, Pierce and Gerald Wallace off the top of my head without question..

Anthony(flailing arms), Kyle Lowry, Kobe(flailing arms), Andre Miller and Bosh are arguable as well IMO..

I'm probably forgetting a bunch..a lot of them in today's NBA(yes, I'm aware that Parker and Gino do it as well)..

LnGrrrR
04-20-2010, 03:23 AM
He's a European, so you have to give him some leeway. :)

FkLA
04-20-2010, 04:16 AM
If you're going to judge flopping based on FT attempts, then I guess Wade and Howard are some of the best floppers in the NBA.

Im talking about the way Dirk gets those FTs, not so much the quantity (although the amount does add to the ridiculousness of this whole thing).

Dirk is certainly a great offensive flopper and gets his fair share of superstar calls, but I don't even know if he would make my top 10 offensive floppers tbh..

Gasol(#1), Maggette, Kevin Martin, Devin Harris, Durant, Billups, Paul, Pierce and Gerald Wallace off the top of my head without question..

Anthony(flailing arms), Kyle Lowry, Kobe(flailing arms), Andre Miller and Bosh are arguable as well IMO..

I'm probably forgetting a bunch..a lot of them in today's NBA(yes, I'm aware that Parker and Gino do it as well)..

Most, if not all, of those guys attack the rim and defenders relentlessly though regardless of their flopping (which I agree with)...so I mean theyre moreso exaggerating contact more than faking it. Whereas in this particular move for Dirk he's away from the basket, going away from the defender, away from contact and somehow he gets a call. We are truly witnessing the art of flopping out there with Dirk's fadeaway, he needs to be given props for it. Smart and high basketball iq at its finest.

TheRealCB
04-20-2010, 04:23 AM
Im talking about the way Dirk gets those FTs, not so much the quantity (although the amount does add to the ridiculousness of this whole thing).

Most, if not all, of those guys attack the rim and defenders relentlessly though regardless of their flopping (which I agree with)...so I mean theyre moreso exaggerating contact more than faking it. Whereas in this particular move for Dirk he's away from the basket, going away from the defender, away from contact and somehow he gets a call. We are truly witnessing the art of flopping out there with Dirk's fadeaway, he needs to be given props for it. Smart and high basketball iq at its finest.

Ever played basketball you retard?? When you shoot,every single touch on your elbow usually causes you to miss and throws your shot off balance,because the elbow is the most crucial part of the arm in shooting,so when you bitches try to block such an unblockable shot,you hit his elbow,resulting in a foul..Of course being a superstar gives him the foul more times than not,but that's not Dirk's fault...

FkLA
04-20-2010, 04:32 AM
Ever played basketball you retard?? When you shoot,every single touch on your elbow usually causes you to miss and throws your shot off balance,because the elbow is the most crucial part of the arm in shooting,so when you bitches try to block such an unblockable shot,you hit his elbow,resulting in a foul..Of course being a superstar gives him the foul more times than not,but that's not Dirk's fault...

Because Im talking about plays where players hit his elbow right? :rolleyes

Obviously that shits a foul. Im talking about when he goes flying like a little girl (which a slap on the elbow doesnt do). He goes flying like that probably like 7 times out of 10 on the fadeaway after his release. Check his shot at the end of the first half in game 1 as a clear example, Mason didnt touch him he had his hands straight up...but Dirk goes flying after the release and he gets an and1. This happens several times a game, hence the 6-8 FTAs I originally stated. Dirk's fadeaway is truly the art of flopping, props :toast

FkLA
04-20-2010, 04:41 AM
Just admit and be grateful that your German pussy gets bogus calls on a move that involves minimal contact and move the fuck on. Quit trying to defend the indefensible. Spurs will rape that ass in Game 2 either way.

ezau
04-20-2010, 04:44 AM
Dirk will go down as the greatest ringless go-to-guy in NBA history. Once a choker, always a choker

sonic21
04-20-2010, 04:46 AM
FkLA with the Dirk hate again.

Dirk>Manu. Get over it.

timvpimp
04-20-2010, 04:46 AM

just because Dirk makes more fadeaways than slams it doesn't mean he's predestined to be less likely to draw calls. If you don't put harsh pressure on him, 90% of times he makes the jumper, but it's always not easy to keep the pressure high without committing a foul. Sometimes the fouls are sheltered well, like slightly tipping his elbow which can hardly get recognized but always works, so what always happens is we don't see the foul while it is being made. We're not talking about someone who avails every chance he gets all over the court to draw fouls on the opposing player who's head-to-head defending him, and who more often is innocent than not.

timvpimp
04-20-2010, 04:51 AM
Just admit and be grateful that your German pussy gets bogus calls on a move that involves minimal contact and move the fuck on. Quit trying to defend the indefensible. Spurs will rape that ass in Game 2 either way.

Sorry but I don't see Spurs have someone who's likely to get the job done defending Dirk. Muscle and athleticism don't work when it comes to the defense of Dirk. You have to move faster and smarter than him to hold his FG% under an acceptable figure, like Ryan Bowen managed to do in 05, Rockets lost that series but they struggled to game 7, which was obviously overachieved for them.

TheRealCB
04-20-2010, 05:01 AM
Because Im talking about plays where players hit his elbow right? :rolleyes

Obviously that shits a foul. Im talking about when he goes flying like a little girl (which a slap on the elbow doesnt do). He goes flying like that probably like 7 times out of 10 on the fadeaway after his release. Check his shot at the end of the first half in game 1 as a clear example, Mason didnt touch him he had his hands straight up...but Dirk goes flying after the release and he gets an and1. This happens several times a game, hence the 6-8 FTAs I originally stated. Dirk's fadeaway is truly the art of flopping, props :toast

1-0 faggot,get over it

endrity
04-20-2010, 06:35 AM
Not a single foul Dirk got in game 1 was doubtful, everyone was clear cut. I dare you to find video of a call he got that he didn't deserve!

I never do this kind of stuff but I am willing to do a sign/avatar bet. I will write something of your choice on my profile as long as the playoffs continue, you do the same if you can't produce a good evidence.

Either put up or shut up!

ezau
04-20-2010, 06:42 AM
Not a single foul Dirk got in game 1 was doubtful, everyone was clear cut. I dare you to find video of a call he got that he didn't deserve!

I never do this kind of stuff but I am willing to do a sign/avatar bet. I will write something of your choice on my profile as long as the playoffs continue, you do the same if you can't produce a good evidence.

Either put up or shut up!

lol internet tough guy.

endrity
04-20-2010, 06:46 AM
No, no internet tough guy. I am not kicking your ass or anything. Just a simple bet to prove who's right. Are you up for it?

JamStone
04-20-2010, 07:00 AM
Flopping is part of the game. It can be a pretty nice advantage for players who do it effectively. Stop being a pussy. Or did you forget when Manu used it to a great advantage as one of the best floppers in the league? If you can get away with it and it helps your team win, do it. I repeat, stop being a pussy.

poop
04-20-2010, 10:18 AM
ive been saying this since 2006.
unlike those other players, who are mostly slashers and are relatively small, quick guards, or dominant post-bigs (positions that naturally draw more fouls), Dirt is a SEVEN FOOT TALL JUMP SHOOTER.

there has never, in the history of the NBA, been a player with his size and playing style that has got as many foul calls as this guy does. think about that.

here is a man 7ft+ standing outside the paint often guarded by a man half a foot shorter, who flails around as if hes fighting off a grizzly bear, buried his head in the guys chest then FADES AWAY from the tiny defender, and whatever happens next, there is an AUTOMATIC whistle from the refs despite Dirt creating ALL the contact himself, and the defender not even touching him.

we have never seen a phenomenon like this in the NBA.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pc8D7lbna0o

BRHornet45
04-20-2010, 10:33 AM
sons I have been saying this about Dirk for years. also the fact that he is white helps boost his free throw attempts per game as well. the NBA is desperate to have a half ass decent white player to market.

clambake
04-20-2010, 10:39 AM
spurs lose game one because refs are racists.

makes perfect sense.

4chan
04-20-2010, 10:40 AM
http://i350.photobucket.com/albums/q405/AnonEmoose/Thou_mad.jpg

endrity
04-20-2010, 10:40 AM
ive been saying this since 2006.
unlike those other players, who are mostly slashers and are relatively small, quick guards, or dominant post-bigs (positions that naturally draw more fouls), Dirt is a SEVEN FOOT TALL JUMP SHOOTER.

there has never, in the history of the NBA, been a player with his size and playing style that has got as many foul calls as this guy does. think about that.

here is a man 7ft+ standing outside the paint often guarded by a man half a foot shorter, who flails around as if hes fighting off a grizzly bear, buried his head in the guys chest then FADES AWAY from the tiny defender, and whatever happens next, there is an AUTOMATIC whistle from the refs despite Dirt creating ALL the contact himself, and the defender not even touching him.

we have never seen a phenomenon like this in the NBA.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pc8D7lbna0o

the NBA has never seen anyone like Dirk period! A 7footer who's arguably the best shooter in the league from anywhere in the court, almost automatic if you leave him open. So smaller guys, who have no chance of guarding his shot often try to get underneath him, body him up, take up his space. Which means they often end up fouling him. It's pretty simple honestly.

BRHornet45
04-20-2010, 10:46 AM
34 free throws compared to 14

there is absolutely NEVER a legit reason for the amount of free points awarded to be that lopsided. lol at some of you who still think the NBA is a "fair" league.

endrity
04-20-2010, 10:49 AM
34 free throws compared to 14

there is absolutely NEVER a legit reason for the amount of free points awarded to be that lopsided. lol at some of you who still think the NBA is a "fair" league.

I was willing to have a bet with anyone who could come up with video evidence that in fact Dirk received a call he shouldn't have in the game. Are you up for it son?

BRHornet45
04-20-2010, 10:52 AM
I was willing to have a bet with anyone who could come up with video evidence that in fact Dirk received a call he shouldn't have in the game. Are you up for it son?

son you find video footage of the game online and then we have something to work with. not just highlights.

anyone who watched that game with a non bias outlook could see the blatant favoritism.

jack sommerset
04-20-2010, 10:55 AM
Take away Hack a Damp and that 34 number goes way down.

z0sa
04-20-2010, 10:59 AM
Dirk is definitely an anomaly, but I really find it hard to criticize the refs for this game at least. Just about every shooting call was right, but Salvatore called a few questionable low/zero contact body fouls.

BRHornet45
04-20-2010, 10:59 AM
Take away Hack a Damp and that 34 number goes way down.

no it doesn't it! it only would go down maybe by 6 free throws, 8 at the very MOST. son that is still 28 free throws compared to 14.

jack sommerset
04-20-2010, 11:10 AM
no it doesn't it! it only would go down maybe by 6 free throws, 8 at the very MOST. son that is still 28 free throws compared to 14.

Damp gets the ball, you foul him. That crater face, limp dick pop made that perfectly clear. That brings the totals to 24-14. Parker didn't start and he did not drive to the basket like he used too. SA did not go to the basket like they did in the past and did not get calls.

BUT the NBA is not fair. They have corrupt refs so you might be right. But if the fix was not in, they got it right and SA can only blame themselves.

nkdlunch
04-20-2010, 11:21 AM
son you find video footage of the game online and then we have something to work with. not just highlights.

anyone who watched that game with a non bias outlook could see the blatant favoritism.

I am in too. Find the footage online and I'll take a look and find the "phantom" calls

nkdlunch
04-20-2010, 11:22 AM

you have your thinking cap on today son

Shank
04-20-2010, 11:41 AM
Is there something in the rule book that states the FTAs must be equal after a game?

DAF86
04-20-2010, 11:51 AM
Dirk will go down as the greatest ringless go-to-guy in NBA history. Once a choker, always a choker

WTF???? Barkley >>>>>>>>> Dirk

And a lot of other players that never won a 'ship.

DAF86
04-20-2010, 11:53 AM
Is there something in the rule book that states the FTAs must be equal after a game?

No, but there's a little rule that says that you can't call a foul when there wasn't one.

endrity
04-20-2010, 11:53 AM
Dudes, the BURDEN OF PROOF falls on the accuser. That's how the system works. You say there's something unfair going on. Alright, prove it.
(and yes, you can find games online all the time, rapidshare, bit-torrents, or you can buy it. you can find everything online if you want to)

All I can say is that even during the game thread in the Spurs section many Spurs fans admitted that the calls Dirk got were legit. Mason and Bonner's fouls were by the book, the didn't go straight up with Dirk during his shot, they were pushing with their body and keeping their hands over Dirk's head. Sorry but that's a foul, if you don't like that create a movement to lobby for rule changes.

Muser
04-20-2010, 11:54 AM
Barkley and Dirk are about equal IMO.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-20-2010, 11:55 AM

God damn you're a bigger Dirk fan than all the Dallas people on this site to put him past Malone and Barkley.

endrity
04-20-2010, 11:57 AM
No, but there's a little rule that says that you can't call a foul when there wasn't one.

First, your obsession with calling people better than Dirk even though their careers are clearly getting overmatched by Dirk's consistent excellence of over 10 year is ridiculous. That's how you get a name as a biased fan. Yes Mav fans hate the Spurs, but we are gladly admitting how great Timmy is.

Second, again please prove the calls that Dirk got that were not legit. Find a video, a gif, something, to show me and everyone else that there were no legit calls. Until then, please take a seat and enjoy the best international player without college experience the NBA has ever seen.

in2deep
04-20-2010, 11:59 AM
Dudes, the BURDEN OF PROOF falls on the accuser. That's how the system works. You say there's something unfair going on. Alright, prove it.
(and yes, you can find games online all the time, rapidshare, bit-torrents, or you can buy it. you can find everything online if you want to)

All I can say is that even during the game thread in the Spurs section many Spurs fans admitted that the calls Dirk got were legit. Mason and Bonner's fouls were by the book, the didn't go straight up with Dirk during his shot, they were pushing with their body and keeping their hands over Dirk's head. Sorry but that's a foul, if you don't like that create a movement to lobby for rule changes.

link? what system are you talking about?

why don't you proove the calls were legit? Until someone prooves either way, I think both arguments are legit.

endrity
04-20-2010, 11:59 AM
Barkley and Dirk are about equal IMO.

Dirk's career overshadows Barkley's at this point. Too bad that Chuck never got serious about keeping himself in shape.

Malone is still secure for now, given his longevity. But I wouldn't put it past Dirk to pass him as well. The guy seems like could go on forever draining that elbow jumper.

BRHornet45
04-20-2010, 12:00 PM
sons LOL at these Maverick fans. they don't even realize the joke is on them ....

90% of that self righteous fan base has been crying like bitches for the last 4 years about the 2006 finals being "rigged". they have whined saying that Wade lived at the free throw line and how the refs were in the tank for Miami .... now game 1 of this Spurs/Mavs series was clearly called in favor of Dallas yet the favoritism from the refs is being ignored by them ... I guess as long as all of the calls go their way then it is perfectly ok and the NBA is fair as can be!

endrity
04-20-2010, 12:03 PM
then why don't you proove the calls were legit? Until someone prooves either way, I think both arguments are legit.

Because again, in a democracy the accuser has the BURDEN OF PROOF. Is there any reason for me to have a prejudgment towards the officiating? No of course. We accept their judgement everytime we turn on a match. If we complain about it, usually people create a video or something.

If you say that there is something wrong in the world, you prove it. You don't ask people to prove that everything is alright, do you?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
Dirk's career overshadows Barkley's at this point

Barkley = Dirk, they have nearly identical resumes. Dirk has done nothing to put himself past Barkley.

DAF86
First, your obsession with calling people better than Dirk even though their careers are clearly getting overmatched by Dirk's consistent excellence of over 10 year is ridiculous. That's how you get a name as a biased fan. Yes Mav fans hate the Spurs, but we are gladly admitting how great Timmy is.

I don't hate Dirk, in fact he's my favorite Mavs player. I just think he isn't as good as most people think in here. It's my opinion you don't have to agree with it. My hate for certain players doesn't make me underate their games, I hate Kobe Bryant and you can find quotes of mine saying that he is one of the greatest of all time.

Second, again please prove the calls that Dirk got that were not legit. Find a video, a gif, something, to show me and everyone else that there were no legit calls. Until then, please take a seat and enjoy the best international player without college experience the NBA has ever seen.

There were a lot of calls, I didn't tape the game so I can't show nothing. But I saw the game and he got a lot of calls that 99% of the other players don't get. There are some Mavs fans in here that agreed that you got the better end of the officiating on sunday.

in2deep
Because again, in a democracy the accuser has the BURDEN OF PROOF. Is there any reason for me to have a prejudgment towards the officiating? No of course. We accept their judgement everytime we turn on a match. If we complain about it, usually people create a video or something.

If you say that there is something wrong in the world, you prove it. You don't ask people to prove that everything is alright, do you?

So the Heat won fair and square in 2006? which would mean Dallas choked. correct?

endrity
04-20-2010, 12:07 PM
sons LOL at these Maverick fans. they don't even realize the joke is on them ....

90% of that self righteous fan base has been crying like bitches for the last 4 years about the 2006 finals being "rigged". they have whined saying that Wade lived at the free throw line and how the refs were in the tank for Miami .... now game 1 of this Spurs/Mavs series was clearly called in favor of Dallas and the favoritism from the refs is being ignored by them ... I guess as long as all of the calls go their way then it is perfectly ok and the NBA is fair as can be!

Well, there is a difference if you can't see it. Just go to Youtube and search for Wade 2006 officiating, and you'll see plenty of suspect calls.

Truehoop blog, directed by a Blazer fan I might add, made a whole interview with the referees from Game 5, pointing out serious flaws in the logic behind calls for Wade. Countless other impartial basketball figures weighed in on the episodes, and to this day consider that series as one of the worst officiated series ever. Bill Simmons makes fun of it every time Wade is mentioned.

But again, it begins with the fact that there is some, or to other a lot, of evidence out there that shows how the calls on Wade were at the very least suspect. Dallas fans put the effort to prove their point.

Now, the same burden falls on you. If you say that Dirk received calls he didn't deserve in Game 1, please prove it. Show me where, and I will gladly admit I'm wrong.

endrity
04-20-2010, 12:08 PM
I don't hate Dirk, in fact he's my favorite Mavs player. I just think he isn't as good as most people think in here. It's my opinion you don't have to agree with it. My hate for certain players doesn't make me underate their games, I hate Kobe Bryant and you can find quotes of mine saying that he is one of the greatest of all time.

There were a lot of calls, I didn't tape the game so I can't show nothing. But I saw the game and he got a lot of calls that 99% of the other players don't get. There are some Mavs fans in here that agreed that you got the better end of the officiating on sunday.

And there are Spurs fans that agree that Dirk's calls were 100% legit. If you want to prove your point, download the game and find the clips.

endrity
04-20-2010, 12:10 PM
So the Heat won fair and square in 2006? which would mean Dallas choked. correct?

As I showed above, we clearly fulfilled our burden of proof in that case. Clearly the verdict on who is the winner of that series is not going to be overturned. But we can at least feel safe in our beef with that series.

I am asking Spurs fans to produce evidence that Dirk's calls were not legit. As I said, even Mason's and Bonner's calls were 100% by the book. Their defense is a foul in the NBA. If you have a problem with that, you have a problem with the rulebook, not with Dirk.

Muser
04-20-2010, 12:15 PM
barkley = dirk, they have nearly identical resumes. Dirk has done nothing to put himself past barkley.

+1

jack sommerset
04-20-2010, 12:16 PM

90% of that self righteous fan base has been crying like bitches for the last 4 years about the 2006 finals being "rigged". they have whined saying that Wade lived at the free throw line and how the refs were in the tank for Miami .... now game 1 of this Spurs/Mavs series was clearly called in favor of Dallas yet the favoritism from the refs is being ignored by them ... I guess as long as all of the calls go their way then it is perfectly ok and the NBA is fair as can be!

Son, I have only one problem with your argument. The Spews sent Damp to the line 12 times on purpose. Start the debate at 22-14 not 34-14.

DAF86
04-20-2010, 12:17 PM
And there are Spurs fans that agree that Dirk's calls were 100% legit. If you want to prove your point, download the game and find the clips.

That's because they want to look like the classy fans that don't make excuses about losing, I don't have a problem with that in fact I applaud them but a lot of those guys (those that now say that the refs were OK) were bitching in the game blog and in another threads about the officiating.

Now, having fans accepting that your team got the better end of the calls is a lot harder to find and IMO speaks volumes about the officiating on this game.

And no, I don't want to prove my point, I know what I saw.

endrity
04-20-2010, 12:18 PM
+1

I think Dirk's longevity at least puts him above, and the fact that he doesn't seem like he's slowing down. However, I am willing to wait 4-5 years before having this debate. Deal?

DAF86
04-20-2010, 12:19 PM
Son, I have only one problem with your argument. The Spews sent Damp to the line 12 times on purpose. Start the debate at 22-14 not 34-14.

Did you watch the game? hack a damp produced only 6 FT attemptemps.

BRHornet45
04-20-2010, 12:19 PM
Dirk is 6 inches taller than Barkley, yet has never once in his career even averaged 10+ rebounds per game. Barkley had a career average of nearly 12 a game. Not to mention the fact that Barkley was a much more accurate shooter ... are people SERIOUSLY trying to compare these two? lol

endrity
04-20-2010, 12:20 PM
That's because they want to look like the classy fans that don't make excuses about losing, I don't have a problem with that in fact I applaud them but a lot of those guys (those that now say that the refs were OK) were bitching in the game blog and in another threads about the officiating.

Now, having fans accepting that your team got the better end of the calls is a lot harder to find and IMO speaks volumes about the officiating on this game.

And no, I don't want to prove my point, I know what I saw.

It was the game thread, the place where people are the least classy. And there were no Mavs fans around to be class with, they banned them. I was just looking at the comments.

And when you say you don't want to prove your point, alright, I am happy you are at peace with that but don't come here defending that point when you are not willing to stick with it.

endrity
04-20-2010, 12:22 PM
Dirk is 6 inches taller than Barkley, yet has never once in his career even averaged 10+ rebounds per game. Barkley had a career average of nearly 12 a game. Not to mention the fact that Barkley was a much more accurate shooter ... are people SERIOUSLY trying to compare these two? lol

well there goes your credibility!

DAF86
04-20-2010, 12:22 PM

He also had better handles and defense and made teammates better.

BRHornet45
04-20-2010, 12:24 PM
Barkely

FG: .541%

PPG: 22.1
TRB: 11.7
AST: 4.0
STL: 1.5
BLK: 0.8

Dirk

FG: .473% (LOL)

PPG: 22.9
TRB: 8.5
AST: 2.7
STL: 0.9
BLK: 0.9

DAF86
04-20-2010, 12:24 PM
And when you say you don't want to prove your point, alright, I am happy you are at peace with that but don't come here defending that point when you are not willing to stick with it.

I don't feel like downloading the game and I don't know how to make videos.

endrity
04-20-2010, 12:25 PM
He also had better handles and defense and made teammates better.

He has admitted on TNT countless times that he didn't care about defense, and that he was a poor defender who could have been much better if actually tried.

And great job comparing the handles of a 6'4 dude to a 7 footer. How about finding me some 7 footer with Dirk's handles and mobility?

BRHornet45

son the stats don't lie. sure Dirk can shoot the 3 ball, but Barkley was a much more accurate shooter ....

career FG%

Barkley: .541%
Dirk: .473%

endrity
I don't feel like downloading the game and I don't know how to make videos.

Than have the decency to wait until someone does, if they do so.

endrity
04-20-2010, 12:27 PM
son the stats don't lie. sure Dirk can shoot the 3 ball, but Barkley was a better shooter ....

career FG%

Barkley: .541%
Dirk: .471%

Yes, Barkley's awsomness with dunks clearly means he's a better shooter than Dirk nailing 3 pointers. Clearly! At least go find TS%, and we can have a more rounded debate, but when you say shooter, at least give me 5ft of distance from the basket. It's hardly a SHOT closer to that.

poop
04-20-2010, 12:29 PM
As I showed above, we clearly fulfilled our burden of proof in that case. Clearly the verdict on who is the winner of that series is not going to be overturned. But we can at least feel safe in our beef with that series.

I am asking Spurs fans to produce evidence that Dirk's calls were not legit. As I said, even Mason's and Bonner's calls were 100% by the book. Their defense is a foul in the NBA. If you have a problem with that, you have a problem with the rulebook, not with Dirk.

see my sig for just one example of how Dirt gets paraded to the line for ticky-tak phantom 'foul's every time a spurs player gets within 2 feet of him.

and heres a stat for you, in game 3 in dallas of our series in 2006, the Mavs shot more freethrows than any team in any playoff game in the modern era, more than the heat shot in any game in the finals that year, tim duncan was fouled out of the game when Dirt stepped on his foot, in games 3-4 Dirt made only 5 FG's a game but ended both games with almost 30 points, and the Mavs squeaked out both games by a combined total of 6 points.
THAT is an undeniable travesty, spurs fans will never forget that shit because we had to sit and watch as D-Whistle was being bailed out and paraded to the line every single possession, robbing us of a repeat title due to bullshit.

BRHornet45
04-20-2010, 12:31 PM
Yes, Barkley's awsomness with dunks clearly means he's a better shooter than Dirk nailing 3 pointers. Clearly! At least go find TS%, and we can have a more rounded debate, but when you say shooter, at least give me 5ft of distance from the basket. It's hardly a SHOT closer to that.

Barkley was a much more accurate shooter. Dirk relies on jacking up as many shots as possible and hoping they fall in. He has no post game at all. If his shots aren't falling, his ONLY hope of scoring is the refs helping him out and putting him at the line for free points.

DAF86
04-20-2010, 12:31 PM
He has admitted on TNT countless times that he didn't care about defense, and that he was a poor defender who could have been much better if actually tried.

He's still better than Dirk at it.

And great job comparing the handles of a 6'4 dude to a 7 footer. How about finding me some 7 footer with Dirk's handles and mobility?

I don't know why I have to do that, we're comparing Dirk and Barkley here, Charles has more rebounds even though he's smaller. Why can't Dirk have better handles even though he's taller. Dirk has better handles than Mason and Mason is 6'4''/ 6'5''.

And to answer your question: I don't know if definitely better but arguably for sure: Garnett, Duncan, Gasol.

in2deep
04-20-2010, 12:33 PM

still waiting for your answer to my question

DAF86
04-20-2010, 12:34 PM
Gasol should never be mentioned with the other two.

In terms of handles, I would even argue that he's better than Duncan.

endrity
04-20-2010, 12:36 PM
see my sig for just one example of how Dirt gets paraded to the line for ticky-tak phantom 'foul's every time a spurs player gets within 2 feet of him.

and heres a stat for you, in game 3 in dallas of our series in 2006, the Mavs shot more freethrows than any team in any playoff game in the modern era, more than the heat shot in any game in the finals that year, tim duncan was fouled out of the game when Dirt stepped on his foot, in games 3-4 Dirt made only 5 FG's a game but ended both games with almost 30 points, and the Mavs squeaked out both games by a combined total of 6 points.
THAT is an undeniable travesty, spurs fans will never forget that shit because we had to sit and watch as D-Whistle was being bailed out and paraded to the line every single possession, robbing us of a repeat title due to bullshit.

And if you would've read my argument, I am clearly referring to Game 1 of 2010. I saw no undeserved calls there, and that's what I am waiting for proof on.

I admit that the call on Timmy in game 3 was undeserved. Ok! I admit it! Then have the decency to also admit that Timmy was getting every call left and right in game 7 as well, even more so than he had gotten all series long. Also, have the decency to admit that when you are defending Dirk with Manu and Bowen, a 7 footer with 6'6 players you are likely to get a lot of fouls called on you. Case in point, your video. You can't determine whether Manu touches him or not with that quality, but if that's your only defense against Dirk (slapping his hand or elbow when he rises up for a shot) than I am afraid that is a foul by the book. And if that's the only thing Spurs can try on him, well it's not Dirk's fault. You can't slap a guy's hand as he is getting ready to go up for a shot. That's an automatic foul. Once in a blue moon you'll strip the ball, but you clearly are not making a smart basketball decision.

endrity
04-20-2010, 12:38 PM
Barkley was a much more accurate shooter. Dirk relies on jacking up as many shots as possible and hoping they fall in. He has no post game at all. If his shots aren't falling, his ONLY hope of scoring is the refs helping him out and putting him at the line for free points.

Prove it, area by area on the court!

Dirk has no post game, yeah right, say that to McDyess, Bonner, and Jefferson. He posted them up all game long.

endrity
04-20-2010, 12:38 PM
still waiting for your answer to my question

I answered it. Read on the previous page.

in2deep
04-20-2010, 12:40 PM

link to your "proof" for that case? could you produce the evidence again?

endrity
04-20-2010, 12:41 PM
In terms of handles, I would even argue that he's better than Duncan.

Probably on Gasol. But Dirk's handles are clearly better than anyone you mentioned. In his younger days Dirk would often sprint the court with the ball and finish, like a guy much much shorter than him. I think his handles are excellent for a guy that size, especially on the run.

But whatever, that's not the point of the debate.

DAF86
04-20-2010, 12:44 PM
Probably on Gasol. But Dirk's handles are clearly better than anyone you mentioned. In his younger days Dirk would often sprint the court with the ball and finish, like a guy much much shorter than him. I think his handles are excellent for a guy that size, especially on the run.

But whatever, that's not the point of the debate.

Garnett on his younger days used to play point from time to time.

endrity
04-20-2010, 12:44 PM
link to your "proof" for that case? could you produce the evidence again?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y8nI1PPYOk&feature=related

one of the most blatant ones, at the end of game 6, I don't even know how Dirk gets called a foul here. And as you can see on the right of the screen there are many other examples.

Again, we're not going to overturn the winner. But at least some claims we can feel confident of defending.

Now, the burden of proof is onto you.

in2deep
04-20-2010, 12:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y8nI1PPYOk&feature=related

one of the most blatant ones, at the end of game 6, I don't even know how Dirk gets called a foul here. And as you can see on the right of the screen there are many other examples.

Again, we're not going to overturn the winner. But at least some claims we can feel confident of defending.

Now, the burden of proof is onto you.

:lmao

that is your "proof" for the entire case????

sorry to tell you but you would be run out of court in the first 2 minutes :lol

BTW that is a valid blocking foul by Dirk

Phillip
04-20-2010, 12:46 PM
He's still better than Dirk at it.

I don't know why I have to do that, we're comparing Dirk and Barkley here, Charles has more rebounds even though he's smaller. Why can't Dirk have better handles even though he's taller. Dirk has better handles than Mason and Mason is 6'4''/ 6'5''.

And to answer your question: I don't know if definitely better but arguably for sure: Garnett, Duncan, Gasol.

You're a fucking idiot.

jack sommerset
04-20-2010, 12:46 PM
Charles vs Dirk............Too early to tell but Barkley played with Hakeem Olajuwon and Clyde Drexler and came up empty.

endrity
04-20-2010, 12:48 PM
Garnett on his younger days used to play point from time to time.

Ok, he could not attack the basket like Dirk could by controlling the ball while moving with top speed either. And the Garnett played PG story is an exaggeration too. He would come out at top of the key at times and distribute the ball, he never took the ball up the court, called the play, asked for screens or anything like that.

But ok, this isn't the point of the debate again. Definitely don't wanna turn this into Dirk v. KG again. There are countless of those around here anyway. It's about Dirk getting calls that he doesn't deserve in Game 1 of 2010.

endrity
04-20-2010, 12:50 PM

that is your "proof" for the entire case????

sorry to tell you but you would be run out of court in the first 2 minutes :lol

BTW that is a valid blocking foul by Dirk

There are countless videos on the right. I didn't want to post all the links, but you surely are welcome.

How is that a blocking foul, when he wasn't even in his path. Please tell me. Dirk doesn't even initiate contact, and Wade reaches out to push him out before Dirk even gets to Wade. Are you seriously defending this call?

DAF86
04-20-2010, 12:50 PM
Charles vs Dirk............Too early to tell but Barkley played with Hakeem Olajuwon and Clyde Drexler and came up empty.

They were all fucking done by then.

clambake
04-20-2010, 12:51 PM
a sad day for winners and losers to think that officiating is the only hope for their teams success.

DAF86
You're a fucking idiot.

lol u mad.

Phillip
lol u mad.

lol argentina

lol nazi

DAF86
04-20-2010, 12:54 PM
lol argentina

lol nazi

lol south park

lol cripple

lol losing your virginity with an ugly fat hooker

endrity
04-20-2010, 12:54 PM
Right, I am outta here given that the debate is going into "lol" mode.

After 4 pages, I have yet to see some evidence of Dirk getting undeserved calls, or even mentioning which calls they thought were undeserved.

in2deep
04-20-2010, 12:55 PM
There are countless videos on the right. I didn't want to post all the links, but you surely are welcome.

How is that a blocking foul, when he wasn't even in his path. Please tell me. Dirk doesn't even initiate contact, and Wade reaches out to push him out before Dirk even gets to Wade. Are you seriously defending this call?

sorry but that is not the way you prove something. You ask Spursfans to prove how mavs get phantom calls yet you fail to prove that Wade got phantom calls in 06.

Either:
A) face the fact that heat won fair and square
B) face the fact that Spurs have a point at saying "mavs get phantom calls"

:toast

in2deep
04-20-2010, 12:56 PM
After 4 pages, I have yet to see some evidence of Dirk getting undeserved calls, or even mentioning which calls they thought were undeserved.

I have yet to see evidence of Wade getting undeserved calls in 06. Please be better prepared next time.

Dirkadirkastan
04-20-2010, 12:56 PM

How do you make a list that long without mentioning Andrei Kirilenko?

As with Dirk... he'll usually start flopping if he's already frustrated with the refs. He'll stop concentrating on just making the shot and start initiating extra contact with the defender (which is less likely to be a defensive foul anyway).

But two things in his defense, at least when he's playing his normal game. One, he plays out on the perimeter where less contact is allowed anyway, so naturally refs will be less tolerant of contact on him than on Duncan in the post. Two, when he shoots, he fades away and contorts his body all kinds of ways just to calibrate the shot. And since his center of mass is about five feet above the ground anyway, he's so far off balance by the time he releases the shot that he ends up either falling over or nearly so.

endrity
04-20-2010, 12:58 PM
Ok, so how do I prove it then? I thought video evidence is the best proof.

By the way, this is the same standard I ask of you when claiming Dirk got phantom calls. If you can prove it better, hats off to you. But if you can't, video evidence would suffice. I am being completely equal in how I am treating both cases.

in2deep
04-20-2010, 01:00 PM

By the way, this is the same standard I ask of you when claiming Dirk got phantom calls. If you can prove it better, hats off to you. But if you can't, video evidence would suffice. I am being completely equal in how I am treating both cases.

you are the one bringing up the "prove it" scenario yet you don't know how to prove something?? :lol

Just face that Spursfans have no proof, but you also don't have any proof of 06.

jack sommerset
04-20-2010, 01:01 PM
They were all fucking done by then.

:lol Malone and Stockton were the same age as Barkley, Clyde and Hakeem. They beat them and made it to the finals. Jordan was the same age as all of them and won the whole thing.

Barkley had plenty of chances to win something with great teams and great players around him. He didn't. Dirk still can. Verdict is still out on who is better.

BRHornet45
04-20-2010, 01:03 PM
:Barkley had plenty of chances to win something with great teams and great players around him. He didn't. Dirk still can. Verdict is still out on who is better.

son NO team with Dirk as the leader will ever win shit. he is too soft and simply doesn't have what it takes. his only hope of ever winning a championship will be whenever he is 38 years old, signed for the league minimum, and sitting on the bench cheering.

endrity
04-20-2010, 01:03 PM
in2deep, here's a summary of our debate

You: Dirk gets undeserved calls!
Me: No he doesn't, prove it if you think he does.
You: No, you prove he doesn't.
Me: That's not how it goes. Burden of proof is on you.
You: Oh shit I forgot! Hmmm, alright you prove Wade's phantom calls, you can't, can you?
Me: Yes I can, here's a link, there are more close to it if you are interested.
You: Nope, no evidence.
Me: Yes, look at it.
You: No, I don't wanna see it. No phantom calls, I don't see your links.
Me: It's there.
You: Nope, can't see it.
Me: Well, that's the standard I ask, nothing more.
You: hmmmmmmmm, nope no proof, can't see it!

DAF86
04-20-2010, 01:05 PM
:lol Malone and Stockton were the same age as Barkley, Clyde and Hakeem. They beat them and made it to the finals. Jordan was the same age as all of them and won the whole thing.

Barkley had plenty of chances to win something with great teams and great players around him. He didn't. Dirk still can. Verdict is still out on who is better.

WTF does that have to do with anything? some guys decline sooner than others.

poop
04-20-2010, 01:16 PM

ive already showed you/given you proof.

i love how ALL Mavs fans KNOW their Finals was tainted, was refuse to acknowlege that their series against the spurs was tainted as well.

the 2006 playoffs were in anomaly in many ways, filled with questionable taints everywhere, the league tampered with outcomes that year by manipulating the officiating. the entire 2006 playoffs should come with an enormous * next to it.

dirk4mvp
04-20-2010, 01:20 PM
Summary for this thread so far:

- BrHornet's shtick has gone way down hill.

- Is it a surprise DAF is always spearheading these Player X > Dirk debates? No it's not actually, considering he's still mad about getting owned in every Dirk/manu debate.

- Spurfans will come up with any lame dick reason to cover up the fact that Dirk abuses their team and the only way they can try to slow him down is foul just about anytime he touches the ball.

Ghazi
04-20-2010, 01:22 PM
Lots of bitch ass Spurs fans up in here

And why the fuck is a Hornets fan posting here? Your team had its one little fluke year and thats why you came here in the first place, shouldn't you leave now that your underwater city's franchise has returned to its irrelevancy?

and LMAO at Spurs losing despite having the TWO best players on the court!!! LMAO DAF86!!

endrity
04-20-2010, 01:23 PM
ive already showed you/given you proof.

i love how ALL Mavs fans KNOW their Finals was tainted, was refuse to acknowlege that their series against the spurs was tainted as well.

the 2006 playoffs were in anomaly in many ways, filled with questionable taints everywhere, the league tampered with outcomes that year by manipulating the officiating. the entire 2006 playoffs should come with an enormous * next to it.

proof of game 1, 2010? where is this proof again? this is the topic of the debate here in case you forgot.

I already gave you my 2 cents on 2006, if you want to talk about that, you know where I agree and where I don't with you. But here some more food for thought. Since 2006 the Mavs have clearly dominated the Spurs, regular season and playoffs, and you guys will admit that. This Mavs team is build to give major fits to the Spurs.

With the Heat however, they have yet to beat the Mavs in the regular season since 2003!!! 7 straight season of going 0-for-2 in the season against the Mavs, lost the first two games in the Finals, and then won 4 straight. Now, statistically speaking, which is more unlikely scenario? Heat victory in 06 or Mavs victory over Spurs. Just food for thought.

Back to game 1.....

BRHornet45
04-20-2010, 01:24 PM

And why the fuck is a Hornets fan posting here? Your team had its one little fluke year and thats why you came here in the first place, shouldn't you leave now that your underwater city's franchise has returned to its irrelevancy?

and LMAO at Spurs losing despite having the TWO best players on the court!!! LMAO DAF86!!

son you paid $250 for a hand job you fucking cab driver.

endrity
04-20-2010, 01:26 PM

I love how you can never back up any claim, but you're here immediately when trolling time begins!

BRHornet45
04-20-2010, 01:28 PM
I love how you can never back up any claim, but you're here immediately when trolling time begins!

son what claim are you talking about? I back mine up just as much you backed yours up. until you shut the hell up about the 06 finals, I will keep mentioning the fact that Dirk gets ridiculous amounts of help from the refs. prove me wrong and I'll prove you wrong. .... ghazi made a hateful comment about the city of New Orleans so I fired right back at him. this had nothing to do with your sissy ass.

poop
04-20-2010, 01:29 PM

rofl.

endrity
04-20-2010, 01:31 PM
son what claim are you talking about? I back mine up just as much you backed yours up. until you shut the hell up about the 06 finals, I will keep mentioning the fact that Dirk gets ridiculously amounts of help from the refs. .... ghazi made a hateful comment about the city of New Orleans so I fired right back at him. this had nothing to do with your sissy ass.

You contribute nothing to a thread basketball wise, but are willing to derail it immediately for some troll talk? Great stuff!

As for the proof, are you in2deep? I've provided my evidence, that is the standard I am looking for, if you can do better, go ahead. Which calls did Dirk not deserve? At least have the decency to mention them. I will go to Spurs section and get the quotes from Spurs fans during the game claiming they were all legit calls.

BRHornet45
04-20-2010, 01:33 PM
You contribute nothing to a thread basketball wise, but are willing to derail it immediately for some troll talk? Great stuff!

As for the proof, are you in2deep? I've provided my evidence, that is the standard I am looking for, if you can do better, go ahead. Which calls did Dirk not deserve? At least have the decency to mention them. I will go to Spurs section and get the quotes from Spurs fans during the game claiming they were all legit calls.

LMAO! ... son YOU contribute NOTHING to this thread other than shameless homerism. you haven't provided ANY evidence. plus you are the one denying the fact that the refs helped Dallas in game one. if you are so confident it was called fair and square then YOU go spend hours of your time uploading clips.

spizzle_tronk
04-20-2010, 01:35 PM
ITT: tough guy rhetoric backed up with crybaby pandering

Ghazi
Refs were giving CpWhistle all kinds of star treatment last year until they realized he's just a soft injury prone quitter who isn't even top 10 at his own god damn position.

LMAO Pargo 13 4th quarter shots in game 7
LMAO 121-63
LMAO 2nd best PG on his own team
LMAO injury prone

badfish22
:lmao FkLA you stupid pussy ass bitch made faggot. Get ready to change your muthafuckin sig.

DAF86
04-20-2010, 01:37 PM

Dude why so mad? I'm not the one making fun of you for paying 250 bucks for a hand job and for implying that you barely get laid. You have other people to take care of first, imho.

BRHornet45
04-20-2010, 01:37 PM
Refs were giving CpWhistle all kinds of star treatment last year until they realized he's just a soft injury prone quitter who isn't even top 10 at his own god damn position.

LMAO Pargo 13 4th quarter shots in game 7
LMAO 121-63
LMAO 2nd best PG on his own team
LMAO injury prone

LOL son once again ... you paid $250 for a hand job while on lunch break during your cab driving shift. nothing you say can be taken serious.

badfish22
04-20-2010, 01:38 PM
I wish I made a sig bet with that DAF dumbfuck as well. But, watching Dirk face rape his team is probably punishment enough IMHO.

endrity
04-20-2010, 01:38 PM
LMAO! ... son YOU contribute NOTHING to this thread other than shameless homerism. you haven't provided ANY evidence. plus you are the one denying the fact that the refs helped Dallas in game one. if you are so confident it was called fair and square then YOU go spend hours of your time uploading clips.

Well clearly you didn't read the thread, did you? Burden of proof is on the accuser. I have no reason to prejudge the outcome until evidence is showed to make me feel otherwise. That's how the justice works son.

I produced evidence on 06, which was asked of me. I ask of the same standard, good or bad for your claims. If you feel it's a shitty standard than surely you must be able to do much better than?

If you don't want to upload videos, than have the decency to wait until someone does, if they ever do, before making claims you can't back up.

As for homerism, I admitted to mistakes in the 06 series with the Spurs. That's more than 90% of the fans in here would, including you.

BRHornet45
04-20-2010, 01:39 PM
Dude why so mad? I'm not the one making fun of you for paying 250 bucks for a hand job and for implying that you barely get laid. You have other people to take care of first, imho.

son I'm more impressed that a cab driver had $250 to throw out for a freakin hand job. they must make more money than I thought...

dirk4mvp
04-20-2010, 01:41 PM
I wish I made a sig bet with that DAF dumbfuck as well. But, watching Dirk face rape his team is probably punishment enough IMHO.

Agreed tbh. Dirk knows there is some idiot who actually thinks manu > Dirk, so he's taking it up with the Spurs, imho.

BRHornet45
04-20-2010, 01:41 PM
Well clearly you didn't read the thread, did you? Burden of proof is on the accuser.

son the thread title is "Dirk" ... oh and you love to keep throwing around "burden of proof is on the accuser". son how convenient for you huh!? there is also a saying one is innocent until proven guilty. meaning you must prove your innocence.

again, you haven't shown any evidence that the 2006 finals were rigged so stop acting like you have.

DAF86
04-20-2010, 01:42 PM

- Is it a surprise DAF is always spearheading these Player X > Dirk debates? No it's not actually, considering he's still mad about getting owned in every Dirk/manu debate.

- Spurfans will come up with any lame dick reason to cover up the fact that Dirk abuses their team and the only way they can try to slow him down is foul just about anytime he touches the ball.

I'm going to go endrity on you and ask for proof of me getting mad?

Also, the only actual "ownage" in a Manu/Dirk debate was provided by me, when somebody said that Manu would get in the FIBA HoF but not the NBA HoF, all the other aspects are subjective.

Besides I never said Manu's NBA career > Dirk's NBA career

I said Manu's basketball career > Dirk's basketball career

And Manu's best > Dirk's best

poop
04-20-2010, 01:42 PM
bahaha, it was his month's earnings, when he got home that day he had to lie and tell his husband and kids that he didnt have any money for food that month cause he was accosted on his way home from work by a big mean black man in a spurs jersey who stole his money

DAF86
04-20-2010, 01:46 PM

See, this is proof of a post by somebody that is mad, focus on the insult. Although I think I never saw a post by badfish where he doesn't curse (outside of his "one smily" ones), so that may just be his normal way of expression.

Ghazi
04-20-2010, 01:46 PM
Sons this thread isn't about the $250 handjob, this thread is about the best PF in the universe.

And the best player on the court in the Spurs/Mavs series :smokin

LMAO 37-45
LMAO 121-63
LMAO injury prone
LMAO Jannero Pargo.

Findog
04-20-2010, 01:47 PM

That's why you're considered an idiot round these parts.

dirk4mvp
04-20-2010, 01:48 PM
I'm going to go endrity on you and ask for proof of me getting mad?

Also, the only actual "ownage" in a Manu/Dirk debate was provided by me, when somebody said that Manu would get in the FIBA HoF but not the NBA HoF, all the other aspects are subjective.

Besides I never said Manu's NBA career > Dirk's NBA career

I said Manu's basketball career > Dirk's basketball career

The proof is you spearheading every player x > Dirk argument. If someone started a Troy Murphy > Dirk thread, you would get your pants wet and try your hardest to support Murphy.

Ghazi
04-20-2010, 01:49 PM
Troy Murphy averages more rebounds!

hitmanyr2k

You forgot Wade and Hedo lol.

I think offensive flopping shows what a sad state of affairs the NBA has turned into. To think these guys are flopping and flailing in a "no-touch" bitch-made league. Goddamn :lol I know the old school players must be rolling over in their graves right now watching the "stars" pull this kind of shit.

Can anyone in their right mind picture players like Jordan, Bird, Magic, Drexler, Pippen, Barkley, Hakeem, David Robinson, Penny, Grant Hill, etc flailing their arms and screaming like they got murdered on a shot? Their games actually had some integrity lol. The only player I can remember was known for his offensive flopping was Reggie Miller with his "kick the leg into the defender" move he used to try on 3 pointers. And back then he was vilified for it. He would fit right in with this league today :lol

It's hard watching the NBA today when you see the whistle blow for every little thing.

DAF86
That's why you're considered an idiot round these parts.

I don't think many people in here consider I'm an idiot, not even most of the members of the Mavs crew.

DAF86
04-20-2010, 01:53 PM
The proof is you spearheading every player x > Dirk argument. If someone started a Troy Murphy > Dirk thread, you would get your pants wet and try your hardest to support Murphy.

No, I won't. It's not my problem that you think that it's inconceivable for a person to actually think that players like Duncan, Garnett, Barkley and Malone are better than Nowitzki.

endrity
04-20-2010, 01:54 PM
son the thread title is "Dirk" ... oh and you love to keep throwing around "burden of proof is on the accuser". son how convenient for you huh!? there is also a saying one is innocent until proven guilty. meaning you must prove your innocence.
again, you haven't shown any evidence that the 2006 finals were rigged so stop acting like you have.

Again, you show your ignorance. Burden of proof = innocent until proven guilty. It means you have to prove someone is guilty, otherwise they are assumed innocent.

Son, please take some law courses when you can.

Ghazi
04-20-2010, 01:54 PM
qA3XIxf9uDc&feature=related

dirk4mvp
04-20-2010, 01:55 PM
No, I won't. It's not my problem that you think that it's inconceivable for a person to actually think that players like Duncan, Garnett, Barkley and Malone are better than Nowitzki.

It's no wonder that you're in charge of all the debates, is it? It makes more sense that way tho since the Garnett debate is a hell of a lot closer than the manu > Dirk debates. It would be a lot easier for you to admit that you were butthurt when no one but a few other Manu/Spurs homers were the only ones to agreed with your absurd takes on manu > Dirk.

IronMexican
04-20-2010, 01:56 PM
tajmz1vQZ1U

ffadicted
This thread reached legendary status pretty quickly lol

BRHornet45
sons this thread isn't about the $250 handjob, this thread is about the best pf in the universe.

And the best player on the court in the spurs/mavs series :smokin

lmao 37-45
lmao 121-63
lmao injury prone
lmao jannero pargo.

rotfl

endrity
04-20-2010, 01:57 PM
So, to get back on topic:

Anyone will to prove that Dirk got calls he didn't deserve in game 1?

Findog
04-20-2010, 01:58 PM
I don't think many people in here consider I'm an idiot, not even most of the members of the Mavs crew.

Hard to gain credibility for a Manu > Dirk argument.

DAF86
It's no wonder that you're in charge of all the debates, is it? It makes more sense that way tho since the Garnett debate is a hell of a lot closer than the manu > Dirk debates. It would be a lot easier for you to admit that you were butthurt when no one but a few other Manu/Spurs homers were the only ones to agreed with your absurd takes on manu > Dirk.

You're the ones in charge of that, players like KG, Tim, Barkley and Malone beign better than Nowitzki wouldn't even be a debate if it weren't for Mavs fans.

endrity
rotfl

You still here, even after the whole innocent until proven guilty fiasco?

Son, go do your homework, take some college classes, do something with your life. You have bigger issues to take care of than writing in a Spurs forum. You need some basic education to get through life son.

DAF86
04-20-2010, 01:59 PM
Hard to gain credibility for a Manu > Dirk argument.

Again, it's not a Manu > Dirk argument. Also I think it's fair to say that Mogrovejo has that "credibility" in here and he thinks exactly like me in this Manu/Dirk debate.

dirk4mvp
04-20-2010, 02:00 PM
You're the ones in charge of that, players like KG, Tim, Barkley and Malone beign better than Nowitzki wouldn't even be a debate if it weren't for Mavs fans.

It's not surprising everyone thinks you're an idiot.

endrity
04-20-2010, 02:01 PM
Again, it's not a Manu > Dirk argument. Also I think it's fair to say that Mogrovejo has that "credibility" in here and he thinks exactly like me in this Manu/Dirk debate.

Any evidence on those calls DAF86.

And yes, anyone loses credibility fast when comparing a one time All Star, to a 9 time All Star with 10 straight All NBA teams. That's simply a lot to overcome. Too much!

DAF86
04-20-2010, 02:02 PM
It's not surprising everyone thinks you're an idiot.

lol You got mad

Phillip
04-20-2010, 02:03 PM
is there a bigger idiot than DAF86?

a herpes infested chode is more intellectual than that moron

DAF86
04-20-2010, 02:03 PM
Any evidence on those calls DAF86.

And yes, anyone loses credibility fast when comparing a one time All Star, to a 9 time All Star with 10 straight All NBA teams. That's simply a lot to overcome. Too much!

Stop busting my balls. I already explained you that I don't know how to make videos and I don't care to do it.

dirk4mvp
04-20-2010, 02:04 PM
lol You got mad

Everyone thinking you're an idiot resulted in you coming to this conclusion?

You have been splooged/squirted/skeeted/Miggs'd/bukkaked upon.

DAF86
04-20-2010, 02:04 PM
is there a bigger idiot than DAF86?

a herpes infested chode is more intellectual than that moron

:lol The entire Mavs crew getting mad, lol.

DAF86
04-20-2010, 02:06 PM
Everyone thinking you're an idiot resulted in you coming to this conclusion?

You have been splooged/squirted/skeeted/Miggs'd/bukkaked upon.

How can that happen by posting on an internet board?

dirk4mvp
04-20-2010, 02:07 PM
After realizing that everyone thinks he's an idiot, DAF's sole response is You Mad.

dirk4mvp
04-20-2010, 02:08 PM
How can that happen by posting on an internet board?

Since it happened to you, why don't you tell how it happened?

poop
04-20-2010, 02:08 PM
the Mavs fans cocky and relishing their high point of the season, beating the spurs, 3 more wins and they have their 'championship' hahahhahaha

DAF86
04-20-2010, 02:10 PM
After realizing that everyone thinks he's an idiot, DAF's sole response is You Mad.

Yeah, the thing is that didn't happen (everyone thinkig I'm an idiot) and even if it did I really doubt that (whatever you just said in the other post) would happen.

mavs>spurs2
04-20-2010, 02:11 PM

:lmao DAF is so fucking stupid, i dont think his brain is able to get that

mavs>spurs2
04-20-2010, 02:12 PM
saying manu > dirk is like saying the spurs won the other night :lmao

DAF86
04-20-2010, 02:12 PM

I'm fine, tbh. Nothing happened to me, maybe you confused me with another guy.

DAF86
04-20-2010, 02:13 PM
:lmao DAF is so fucking stupid, i dont think his brain is able to get that

lol tough guy

dirk4mvp
04-20-2010, 02:13 PM
lol tough guy

Is he mad?

mavs>spurs2
04-20-2010, 02:14 PM
lol tough guy

nope, you're tougher tbh, you have the power of all that anger on your side

mavs>spurs2
04-20-2010, 02:15 PM
Wait, $250 hand jobs? :lmao

$250 dollar bet on mavs/spurs series? put your money where your burrito goes, faggot.

DAF86
04-20-2010, 02:15 PM
Is he mad?

He always seems mad, imho.

badfish22
04-20-2010, 02:17 PM
$250 dollar bet on mavs/spurs series? put your money where your burrito goes, faggot.

badfish22
04-20-2010, 02:18 PM
Which season was Manu better than Dirks MVP year?

DAF86
04-20-2010, 02:18 PM
nope, you're tougher tbh, you have the power of all that anger on your side

But I can't make the gansta poses you make, you're tougher, imho.

mavs>spurs2
04-20-2010, 02:19 PM
Why stop at $250, let's make it a kabagillion? I mean you're good for it right?

i'm just good for the 250 tbh. are you in?

mavs>spurs2
04-20-2010, 02:20 PM
But I can't make the gansta poses you make, you're tougher, imho.

nope, you have nazi harboring on your record, you're a hardcore ruthless motherfucker. us american street gangsters can only aspire to be like yourself

mavs>spurs2
04-20-2010, 02:21 PM
Come to San Antonio, show me the $250 and I get odds.

paypal, tbh

badfish22
04-20-2010, 02:21 PM
PER is one of the best ways to judge a players talent

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/per_yearly.html tbh

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/per_active.html tbh

DAF86
04-20-2010, 02:24 PM
nope, you have nazi harboring on your record, you're a hardcore ruthless motherfucker. us american street gangsters can only aspire to be like yourself

I don't have any nazi harboring record but I found interesting that you aspire to be like one of those.

DAF86
04-20-2010, 02:26 PM
Also, making a $ 250 bet when your team is up in the series it's pretty tough.

BRHornet45
You still here, even after the whole innocent until proven guilty fiasco?

Son, go do your homework, take some college classes, do something with your life. You have bigger issues to take care of than writing in a Spurs forum. You need some basic education to get through life son.

son you are one clueless little one ... you SHOW ME your so called evidence.

badfish22
Which season was Manu better than Dirks MVP year?

DAF wont respond to either of these. What a pussy.

dirk4mvp

boom roasted

DAF86
04-20-2010, 02:28 PM
DAF wont respond to either of these. What a pussy.

Sorry, I thought you just were arguing with yourself like you some times do.

badfish22
04-20-2010, 02:28 PM
:cry sorry I got nuttin :cry

mavs>spurs2
04-20-2010, 02:29 PM
saying manu > dirk is like saying the argies > germans at killing jews. you only harbored the true killers, you aren't as good as the nazis.

mavs>spurs2
04-20-2010, 02:29 PM
stop trying to take credit for something that's not yours, spur fan

badfish22
04-20-2010, 02:31 PM
And here is a stat geek arguing Dirk over Garnett

How can you have Dirk Nowitzki over Kevin Garnett?
In my opinion, Nowitzki, although thought of highly by most people, still manages to be underrated. Consider:

Nowitzki earned a decade-best 137.6 Win Shares during the regular season.
Nowitzki finished fifth in the decade with 17.4 playoff Win Shares, but while Nowitzki played in only 97 playoff games, no one above him played him in fewer than 133 games.
Nowitzki is an almost perfect blend of productivity and efficiency. Among players with at least 400 games played during the decade, he had the 15th-highest usage percentage, the 8th-lowest turnover percentage, and the 6th-highest offensive rating.
The Mavericks have won 50 or more games nine consecutive seasons, including seasons of 60 and 67 wins after losing two-time MVP Steve Nash. The one constant during this streak? Nowitzki.
None of this is meant to slight Garnett, who I think is a great player. I just think — and this system happens to agree — that Nowitzki was a little bit greater.

badfish22
04-20-2010, 02:31 PM
lol DAF buttfucked again.

Findog
04-20-2010, 02:33 PM

What does Manu "at his best" versus Dirk "at his best" even mean?

I hear some people try to make the argument that Manu is more "clutch" than Dirk, when they're both great in crunch time and statistically it's hard to make the case that one is more clutch than the other. So we'll just call it a push on that front.

You also have to take into account that Manu has played beside a dominant big for most of his NBA career as a #2 guy, whereas Dirk has always had to carry his teams as a #1 option without that post option. Kind of like comparing Scottie Pippen to Michael Jordan. The day Manu puts a team on his back with Jason Terry and Josh Howard as his backup and reaches the Finals is the day I'll stop insisting he's not as good as Dirk.

Then the Manu dick suckers resort to flowery and descriptive pose like Manu is more "fearless," has more "heart" and is more of a "warrior" than Dirk, whatever that means.

Phillip
04-20-2010, 02:33 PM
daf just got a nail rammed up his dickhole

DAF86
04-20-2010, 02:42 PM
What does Manu "at his best" versus Dirk "at his best" even mean?

It means that when both guys play at their best level, Manu is better because he's just as efficient as Dirk scoring the ball and provides more things than Dirk at other aspects of the game. That's just my opinion, I know you don't agree with me and I don't pretend for you to change your mind.

badfish22
04-20-2010, 02:45 PM

as usual

DAF86
04-20-2010, 02:48 PM
lol DAF buttfucked again.

as usual

lol bunch of 9 years old.

DAF86
04-20-2010, 02:51 PM
:lol

Mav Crew is tearing into Daf's asshole. You better go back upstairs, boy, the sharks are out.

lol pussy chaser

dirk4mvp
:lol

Mav Crew is tearing into Daf's asshole. You better go back upstairs, boy, the sharks are out.

tbh I would like to go upstairs, but most of the Mavs krew has been banned from the Spurs forum.

badfish22
lol bunch of 9 years old.

You're the one too pussy to respond to my questions or stats :lmao

Findog
04-20-2010, 02:52 PM
It means that when both guys play at their best level, Manu is better because he's just as efficient as Dirk scoring the ball and provides more things than Dirk at other aspects of the game.

Statistically that's just false. Manu has a career turnover rate of 14.1 with a usage rate of 25%, Dirk is at 8.9% with a usage rate of 27%. Manu's true-shooting and eFG% is a tiny, tiny smidgen better for his career, but not enough to make up for the fact that he coughs the ball up way more than Dirk does. He is NOT more efficient scoring the ball than Dirk.

As far as the "other things" go, it's hard to compare a big and a wing because their responsibilities are so different. Manu gets 1.5 more steals a game for his career, Dirk gets 1 more blocked shot. Dirk is a much better rebounder, but he should be since he's a 7-footer and Manu is a 6'6 guard. In any event, Dirk is better no matter what.

DAF86
04-20-2010, 02:54 PM
You're the one too pussy to respond to my questions or stats :lmao

PER only considers offensive stats and it's obvious that your stats are going to be better playing as a number one option than a number two or three option.

poop
04-20-2010, 02:57 PM
lol mavs and lakers fans posting on a spurs forum

DAF86
04-20-2010, 02:57 PM
Statistically that's just false. Manu has a career turnover rate of 14.1 with a usage rate of 25%, Dirk is at 8.9% with a usage rate of 27%. Manu's true-shooting and eFG% is a tiny, tiny smidgen better for his career, but not enough to make up for the fact that he coughs the ball up way more than Dirk does. He is NOT more efficient scoring the ball than Dirk.

As far as the "other things" go, it's hard to compare a big and a wing because their responsibilities are so different. Manu gets 1.5 more steals a game for his career, Dirk gets 1 more blocked shot. Dirk is a much better rebounder, but he should be since he's a 7-footer and Manu is a 6'6 guard. In any event, Dirk is better no matter what.

I don't trust you with numbers, you like to change them a bit. Also I said "just as". And why didn't you came up with the assists numbers?

Phillip
04-20-2010, 02:58 PM
however, I will say this to be completely fair, just so DAF can quit thinking that we are all just being homer and bla bla bla

I feel that Manu is as SKILLED as any player the NBA has ever seen. the only reason that he isn't as good as guys like Kobe, Wade, Jordan, etc... is that he isn't as athletic as those guys. hes not as strong, fast, or quick, which doesnt allow him to showcase his skills the way they do. but I think in terms of pure skills, hes very comparable to those guys.

dirk4mvp
lol mavs and lakers fans posting on a spurs forum

lol Kori preferring the lakers and mavs fans you're referring to over your shitty ass

Findog
PER only considers offensive stats and it's obvious that your stats are going to be better playing as a number one option than a number two or three option.

Please. If Manu were good enough to be a #1 option, then Pop would alter the way that team is run.

badfish22
04-20-2010, 02:59 PM
PER is a player EFFICIENCY rating that uses mostly offensive stats. And didn't you just say Manu is just as efficient as Dirk? lmao.

Manu did fine playing off Duncan. But he would of struggled to lead a team past the first round as a #1, even in his best year.

DAF86
04-20-2010, 03:00 PM
Please. If Manu were good enough to be a #1 option, then Pop would alter the way that team is run.

Best PF of all-time.

badfish22
04-20-2010, 03:01 PM
Nowitzki earned a decade-best 137.6 Win Shares during the regular season.

Nowitzki finished fifth in the decade with 17.4 playoff Win Shares, but while Nowitzki played in only 97 playoff games, no one above him played him in fewer than 133 games.

Nowitzki is an almost perfect blend of productivity and efficiency. Among players with at least 400 games played during the decade, he had the 15th-highest usage percentage, the 8th-lowest turnover percentage, and the 6th-highest offensive rating.

DAF86
PER is a player EFFICIENCY rating that uses mostly offensive stats. And didn't you just say Manu is just as efficient as Dirk? lmao.

Manu did fine playing off Duncan. But he would of struggled to lead a team past the first round as a #1, even in his best year.

Scoring the ball. Manu's true shooting % > Dirk's

poop
however, I will say this to be completely fair, just so DAF can quit thinking that we are all just being homer and bla bla bla

I feel that Manu is as SKILLED as any player the NBA has ever seen. the only reason that he isn't as good as guys like Kobe, Wade, Jordan, etc... is that he isn't as athletic as those guys. hes not as strong, fast, or quick, which doesnt allow him to showcase his skills the way they do. but I think in terms of pure skills, hes very comparable to those guys.

exactly, if Manu had gone to a different team and been the team's Main Guy, instead of no.2 or 3 option, he would have been among the lead leaders in scoring and assists for a number of years.

Findog
I don't trust you with numbers, you like to change them a bit. Also I said "just as". And why didn't you came up with the assists numbers?

You said Manu is as efficient at scoring as Dirk. What does the assist rate have to do with it?

Manu has a much better assist rate. He's also a wing who is expected to initiate his team's offense. Dirk is a big that is the primary scorer for his team. It's like criticizing Shaq for not having as good as a 3-pt shooting % as Kobe, or Kobe for not scoring as many points in the paint as Shaq. Dirk is a very good passer in his own right, but it's not his job to get the ball out on the wing and create for himself or his teammates in the p'n'r. His job is to set up at the foul-line extended and look for his shot, or hit cutters on the baseline/kick out to open 3-ball shooters when he gets doubled.

Findog
04-20-2010, 03:02 PM
Scoring the ball. Manu's true shooting % > Dirk's

They're essentially even at true shooting. Manu is at .520 for his career, Dirk is at .509 or some shit. Dirk is more efficient because he turns it over a lot less than Manu while having the ball in his hands more.

Baseline
04-20-2010, 03:02 PM
I think Stern wants a Dallas/LA WCF this year.

He certainly wanted Dallas to represent the West in 2006, which is when the referee onslaught in the Spurs/Mavs rivalry began in earnest.

Even Dirk admitted to hacking Duncan under the basket on the last play of regulation in Game 7. That would have given Duncan two free throws with 2 seconds left in a tie game.

But alas, the whistle didn't blow, and Dallas went on to the Finals to choke against Miami, a team the Spurs would have swept 4-0.

Findog
04-20-2010, 03:03 PM
Best PF of all-time.

If Manu is your team's best player and number one option, you're a 45-win team and perennial lower playoff seed.

Findog
04-20-2010, 03:06 PM

I took them from basketball reference, you can check them for yourself.

DAF86
04-20-2010, 03:06 PM
Manu has a much better assist rate. He's also a wing who is expected to initiate his team's offense. Dirk is a big that is the primary scorer for his team. It's like criticizing Shaq for not having as good as a 3-pt shooting % as Kobe, or Kobe for not scoring as many points in the paint as Shaq. Dirk is a very good passer in his own right, but it's not his job to get the ball out on the wing and create for himself or his teammates in the p'n'r. His job is to set up at the foul-line extended and look for his shot or hit cutters on the baseline, or kick out to open 3-ball shooters when he gets doubled.

No, it's not. Go compare Manu's assist rate with Duncan's, Barkley's, etc. and you will see that there isn't such difference.

badfish22
04-20-2010, 03:07 PM
No way Manu ever sniffs the finals as a franchise guy

Findog
04-20-2010, 03:08 PM
No, it's not. Go compare Manu's assist rate with Duncan's, Barkley's, etc. and you will see that there isn't such difference.

Manu is a better passer than Dirk. We're not arguing that. We're not also arguing that Dirk is a better rebounder than Manu. You said Manu was just as efficient a scorer as Dirk and then when proven wrong, brought up assists as a non sequitur.

DAF86
04-20-2010, 03:11 PM
Manu is a better passer than Dirk. We're not arguing that. We're not also arguing that Dirk is a better rebounder than Manu. You said Manu was just as efficient a scorer as Dirk and then when proven wrong, brought up assists as a non sequitur.

So let me get this straight, you proved to me that Manu isn't as efficient as Dirk scoring the ball by saying that Manu's true shooting is better than Dirk's?

ffadicted
04-20-2010, 03:13 PM
No way Manu ever sniffs the finals as a franchise guy

This was obviously proven when he carried the spurs over the Lakers, Cavs, Magic, Celts, etc... in the two months where Tony was out and Tim was playing like shit, right?

Findog
04-20-2010, 03:14 PM
So let me get this straight, you proved to me that Manu isn't as efficient as Dirk scoring the ball by saying that Manu's true shooting is better than Dirk's?

His true shooting % is .011 better than Dirk's. He also has a turnover rate of 14% with a usage rate of 25%, whereas Dirk has a turnover rate of 9% with a usage rate of 27%. How are you not getting this? Manu is not as EFFICIENT at scoring as Dirk.

badfish22
04-20-2010, 03:16 PM
This was obviously proven when he carried the spurs over the Lakers, Cavs, Magic, Celts, etc... in the two months where Tony was out and Tim was playing like shit, right?

Alright lets see him carry the Spurs over the Mavs. Regular season doesn't mean anything taken in such a small sample. I can't believe I have to tell you this.

badfish22
04-20-2010, 03:18 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/TrueHoop/post/_/id/15216/quantifying-lebron-james-special-night

I was reading this article today. Dirk is pretty damn high on those list.

DAF86
04-20-2010, 03:19 PM
His true shooting % is .011 better than Dirk's. He also has a turnover rate of 14% with a usage rate of 25%, whereas Dirk has a turnover rate of 9% with a usage rate of 27%. How are you not getting this? Manu is not as EFFICIENT at scoring as Dirk.

If you take into consideration turnovers then you also have to consider assists. 90% of Manu's TO's are bad passes. That's why I brought up the assists talk. Like it or not Manu is just as efficient as Dirk on the offensive end.

Findog
04-20-2010, 03:21 PM
If you take into consideration turnovers then you also have to consider assists. 90% of Manu's TO's are bad passes. That's why I brought up the assists talk. Like it or not Manu is just as efficient as Dirk on the offensive end.

Yes, you have to take turnovers into consideration. That's part of how concepts like "efficiency" are calculated. It doesn't matter if he throws the ball into the third row or gets striped by a defender with good hands. If you put the ball in Manu's hands, you will get less efficient scoring than with Dirk.

Phillip
04-20-2010, 03:22 PM
exactly, if Manu had gone to a different team and been the team's Main Guy, instead of no.2 or 3 option, he would have been among the lead leaders in scoring and assists for a number of years.

i do think his stats would increase if he got more chances to shine, but i dont think he would be quite among the league leaders. again, mainly because of physical limitations. IMO he has the heart, will, and desire of Jordan. He also has a comparable level of skill to Jordan. But he has only a fraction of the athleticism of Jordan.

ffadicted

Alright lets see him carry the Spurs over the Mavs. Regular season doesn't mean anything taken in such a small sample. I can't believe I have to tell you this.

He's still the best player on the spurs right now, and could very well carry the spurs to a series win, he has the potential, I can't believe I have to tell you this. He won't do it alone, but nobody can (see: Kobe without shaq or pau, dwade right now, etc...)

DAF86
No, he's not. It doesn't matter if he throws the ball into the third row or gets striped by a defender with good hands. If you put the ball in Manu's hands, you will get less efficient scoring than with Dirk.

Last time I check, you had to help your team score the ball to get an assist.

Phillip
04-20-2010, 03:23 PM
Even Dirk admitted to hacking Duncan under the basket on the last play of regulation in Game 7. That would have given Duncan two free throws with 2 seconds left in a tie game.

proof?

Findog
04-20-2010, 03:25 PM
Last time I check, you had to help your team score the ball to get an assist.

Getting an assist is not the same thing as scoring yourself. I can't believe I have to explain this to you. Manu's assist rate of 23% has nothing to do with how efficient he is at scoring himself.

DAF86
04-20-2010, 03:33 PM
Getting an assist is not the same thing as scoring yourself. I can't believe I have to explain this to you. Manu's assist rate of 23% has nothing to do with how efficient he is at scoring himself.

And Manu's TOs have nothing to do with his abilities as an efficient scorer. Manu has a higher TO ratio 'cause he plays as a playmaker, he passes and dribbles the ball a lot more than Nowitzki. If he were to take a shot 70% of the time that he gets the ball like Dirk does, then his TO ratio would be a lot lower.

Findog
04-20-2010, 03:43 PM
And Manu's TOs have nothing to do with his abilities as an efficient scorer.

Yes they do. Just as Dirk's turnovers impact his ability to score efficiently.

badfish22
04-20-2010, 03:44 PM
He's still the best player on the spurs right now, and could very well carry the spurs to a series win, he has the potential, I can't believe I have to tell you this. He won't do it alone, but nobody can (see: Kobe without shaq or pau, dwade right now, etc...)

What do you mean do it alone? He wasn't even the leading scorer on his team.
He had more help than Dirk scoring wise.

FkLA
04-20-2010, 03:50 PM
1.For the fucking guy asking for evidence, like I said look at the last shot of the first half of Game 1. Mason has his hands straight up, bodying him up, Dirk initiates contact by bumping into him and than goes flailing back like a little girl resulting in an and1 with minimal contact. And again this is the norm for Dirk when he shoots that fadeaway, to go flying like a little girl and its also the norm for him to receive 6-8 FTAs per game off of it. Mavettefan's argument is mainly that theres some body contact (that is normally initiated by Dirk bumping into the player than fading away btw), but this is the fucking playoffs. If youre going to call those ticky tack pussy fouls than call them when Damp or Haywood body up on Timmy as well.

2.Manu vs Dirk...is alot closer than you faggots make it seem. Ive already schooled a couple of you Mavettefans and that Mav dick rider DoK in a previous argument regarding this. But the main points--you cant fault Manu for being second fiddle to the greatest PF of all-time that ridiculous. You also cant fault him for not having godly stats when he has that same greatest PF of all-time+a great scoring PG taking touches away from him, not to mention being designated a 6th man role for the betterment of the team. Truth is everytime this guy has been given big minutes and given the responsibility as the main playmaker, he has put up all-league numbers and the Spurs have been fairly sucessful. Dont overlook the Olympics either faggots, he led a team to gold that had some NBA players on it but it certainly wasnt the most talented team in that competition. When he's been the #1 guy he's excelled every single time and has shown nothing to suggest that he would fail in the NBA as a #1 like you Mavette faggots claim. KG, Malone, Barkley > Dirk btw.

3. For those of you cocky ass faggots that are already proclaiming a series victory...coughbadpussy22cough. Dont fool yourself dumbass your team had a 20 FTA disparity, our best PG in George Hill was ineffective because of the ankle injury involving that dumbass cameraman (where is Rodman to kick that bitch when you need him), and your German vagin along with being gift wrapped some FTs was shooting at the Pacific Ocean. Yet you won by 6 points, now Im not into moral victories but Game 1 did nothing to show that the Spurs cant hang with these girls in blue. Spurs will rape that ass in Game 2 and take care of bis at home.

Phillip
04-20-2010, 03:55 PM
1. i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock

2. i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock

3. i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock i love cock

cool story bro

FkLA
04-20-2010, 03:56 PM
BTW, currently Manu is the Spurs best player...what will be Mavette fans argument when Manu's team wins this series over Dirk's team?

badfish22
04-20-2010, 04:00 PM
:cry

lol. Spurfan just pussy hurt from all the rapings Dirk has given them throughout the years.

ffadicted
04-20-2010, 04:02 PM
What do you mean do it alone? He wasn't even the leading scorer on his team.
He had more help than Dirk scoring wise.

Yes he has been since the All-Star break (which is when he really started playing like Manu), along with being the best player in the team overall. And by do it alone I mean he can't be the only guy that'll score or make plays ala DWade in miami, and still win games over the long run. Frankly, nobody can, not Dirk, not Wade, not Tim, not Kobe... this is a team sport

And this isn't a Dirk vs. Manu debate, I'm not arguing who has more help... this is a "Can manu perform at an all-star level and carry his team to a series victory in the playoffs being the main go-to guy?", and I think the answer is yes, I can't see how one could blatantly say "no he can't" when he has performed so admirably and effectively every time he's been put into that sort of situation

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-20-2010, 04:03 PM

Kendrick Perkins has a higher career TS% than Hakeem Olajuwon. That obviously means he's a more efficient scorer.

DAF86
04-20-2010, 04:05 PM
Kendrick Perkins has a higher career TS% than Hakeem Olajuwon. That obviously means he's a more efficient scorer.

Yes.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-20-2010, 04:06 PM
Yes.

FkLA
04-20-2010, 04:08 PM
FkLA with the Dirk hate again.

Dirk>Manu. Get over it.

Oh look its a french Parker...I mean Spurs fan. The argument had nothing to do with Dirk>Manu or Manu>Dirk this shit just proves that you french guys are first and foremost Parker fans. You came into this thread to spew this shit on an argument that aside from not having anything to do with the Dirk>Manu shit is also legit beef for Spurs fans, and it is something most Spurs fans agree with. Yet why did you come in here and take a shot at a fellow Spurs fan? Obviously because I feel Hill is ready to take over as a starter and that we should use Parker as a trade chip to get Timmy some frontcourt help. I wouldnt put it past you frenchies to actually be rooting against the Spurs just to prove that they cant win without Tony as the starter.

lol. Spurfan just pussy hurt from all the rapings Dirk has given them throughout the years.

Son explain to me this, than maybe your argument would hold some truth...how your German vagina gets so many FTs off of a move where he's away from the basket, where's he himself bumps into the defender to create space, than ends up fading away from the defender and from contact? MJ himself never got these calls on his fadeaway. Yet you faggots have the audacity to cry about refs and how thats the reason your girls in blue choked.

lolol

endrity
04-20-2010, 04:14 PM
1.For the fucking guy asking for evidence, like I said look at the last shot of the first half of Game 1. Mason has his hands straight up, bodying him up, Dirk initiates contact by bumping into him and than goes flailing back like a little girl resulting in an and1 with minimal contact. And again this is the norm for Dirk when he shoots that fadeaway, to go flying like a little girl and its also the norm for him to receive 6-8 FTAs per game off of it. Mavettefan's argument is mainly that theres some body contact (that is normally initiated by Dirk bumping into the player than fading away btw), but this is the fucking playoffs. If youre going to call those ticky tack pussy fouls than call them when Damp or Haywood body up on Timmy as well.

2.Manu vs Dirk...is alot closer than you faggots make it seem. Ive already schooled a couple of you Mavettefans and that Mav dick rider DoK in a previous argument regarding this. But the main points--you cant fault Manu for being second fiddle to the greatest PF of all-time that ridiculous. You also cant fault him for not having godly stats when he has that same greatest PF of all-time+a great scoring PG taking touches away from him, not to mention being designated a 6th man role for the betterment of the team. Truth is everytime this guy has been given big minutes and given the responsibility as the main playmaker, he has put up all-league numbers and the Spurs have been fairly sucessful. Dont overlook the Olympics either faggots, he led a team to gold that had some NBA players on it but it certainly wasnt the most talented team in that competition. When he's been the #1 guy he's excelled every single time and has shown nothing to suggest that he would fail in the NBA as a #1 like you Mavette faggots claim. KG, Malone, Barkley > Dirk btw.

3. For those of you cocky ass faggots that are already proclaiming a series victory...coughbadpussy22cough. Dont fool yourself dumbass your team had a 20 FTA disparity, our best PG in George Hill was ineffective because of the ankle injury involving that dumbass cameraman (where is Rodman to kick that bitch when you need him), and your German vagin along with being gift wrapped some FTs was shooting at the Pacific Ocean. Yet you won by 6 points, now Im not into moral victories but Game 1 did nothing to show that the Spurs cant hang with these girls in blue. Spurs will rape that ass in Game 2 and take care of bis at home.

So, i take a break to watch Barca-Inter and I come back to this. DAF has changed the topic to his favourite Manu>Dirk topic, which is absurd and getting his ass kicked by any kind of statistic, even the "clutch" stats in which Dirk was 2nd best behind LeBron this year. Take Manu's best stat years or moments and Dirk has plenty better. Again, this is a 9 time All Star, 10 time All NBA team, compared to a guy who made one single All Star. That's a massive gap. There's hardly anything you can do to cover it.

I've yet to see some evidence on the topic.

FkLA, at least your are pointing to a clear event, unlike the others. Now, please go back to the game thread and you'll see many Spurs fans admitting it's a foul. Mason is using his body to push, especially when Dirk gets up for the shot, which is a foul by the book. His hands are not straight up, they are in Dirk's "airspace", hanging over his head. Again, that is a foul by the book. If you have a problem with that, you have a problem with how the game is called, not with Dirk. If you don't like that call than maybe start a movement to change the rules of basketball.

DAF86

Olajuwon is the better scorer and better overall player by far but Kendrick scores the ball at a more efficient rate than Olajuwon.

Also comparing Perkins to Olajuwon isn't the same as comparing Dirk to Manu.

badfish22
Son explain to me this, than maybe your argument would hold some truth...how your German vagina gets so many FTs off of a move where he's away from the basket, where's he himself bumps into the defender to create space, than ends up fading away from the defender and from contact? MJ himself never got these calls on his fadeaway. Yet you faggots have the decency to cry about refs and how thats the reason your girls in blue choked.

Some of your fellow spur fans seem to understand this, yet your dumbass doesn't seem able to.

badfish22
04-20-2010, 04:15 PM

Since they both play the same position isn't it a better comparison?

Ghazi
04-20-2010, 04:21 PM
Just saying.

If Manu is better than dirk than the Spurs will have no problems winning this series.

How often does the team with the two best players on the court lose a series? Not often. Only recent example I can think of is 2004 Finals.

FkLA
04-20-2010, 04:22 PM
So, i take a break to watch Barca-Inter and I come back to this. DAF has changed the topic to his favourite Manu>Dirk topic, which is absurd and getting his ass kicked by any kind of statistic, even the "clutch" stats in which Dirk was 2nd best behind LeBron this year. Take Manu's best stat years or moments and Dirk has plenty better. Again, this is a 9 time All Star, 10 time All NBA team, compared to a guy who made one single All Star. That's a massive gap. There's hardly anything you can do to cover it.

FkLA, at least your are pointing to a clear event, unlike the others. Now, please go back to the game thread and you'll see many Spurs fans admitting it's a foul. Mason is using his body to push, especially when Dirk gets up for the shot, which is a foul by the book. His hands are not straight up, they are in Dirk's "airspace", hanging over his head. Again, that is a foul by the book. If you have a problem with that, you have a problem with how the game is called, not with Dirk. If you don't like that call than maybe start a movement to change the rules of basketball.

This is the fucking playoffs man...hand checks according to the rulebook would result in fouls yet Im sure if the Mavs were whistled for a foul everytime someone put a hand on Manu that wouldnt fly too well with you guys. The Mason play had some body contact sure, but man if plays like that are called fouls we'd have 4 hour long games. Mainly though its the lack of consistancy...you cant even put your body on Dirk, yet in comparison the Mavs are allowed to get physical with Timmy down in the paint? Why? Ive come to accept that call for Dirk, but I wont agree with it. Be grateful that Dirk get those bogus calls and move on, no need to defend the indefensible. Like I said Spurs will still win this series.

DAF86
04-20-2010, 04:23 PM
So, i take a break to watch Barca-Inter and I come back to this. DAF has changed the topic to his favourite Manu>Dirk topic,

The comment that turn this into a Manu > Dirk topic

which is absurd and getting his ass kicked by any kind of statistic, even the "clutch" stats in which Dirk was 2nd best behind LeBron this year. Take Manu's best stat years or moments and Dirk has plenty better. Again, this is a 9 time All Star, 10 time All NBA team, compared to a guy who made one single All Star. That's a massive gap. There's hardly anything you can do to cover it.

None of those things disproves my point, which by the way, isn't Manu > Dirk.

DAF86
04-20-2010, 04:27 PM
Just saying.

If Manu is better than dirk than the Spurs will have no problems winning this series.

How often does the team with the two best players on the court lose a series? Not often. Only recent example I can think of is 2004 Finals.

If Dirk plays like in game one then he's > Duncan, Manu, Jordan, etc.

And right now Dirk > Manu or Duncan

Nowitzki is playing arguably the best ball of his career, Duncan has declined since the all-star break and Manu although most Spurs fans won't agree isn't the same as in his best years.

FkLA
04-20-2010, 04:33 PM
Some of your fellow spur fans seem to understand this, yet your dumbass doesn't seem able to.

Than I politely ask you, to re-explain it so that my dumbass can understand it. Oh and some Mav fans have said that it was pretty fishy that their German vagina shot as many FTs as the Spurs team did combined, or that the Mavs shot 20 more FTs. Yet I dont see your dumbass agreeing with it fucking homer.

Anyways you faggots can keep on trying to defend the indefensible, i'll be back later.

endrity
04-20-2010, 04:35 PM
This is the fucking playoffs man...hand checks according to the rulebook would result in fouls yet Im sure if the Mavs were whistled for a foul everytime someone put a hand on Manu that wouldnt fly too well with you guys. The Mason play had some body contact sure, but man if plays like that are called fouls we'd have 4 hour long games. Mainly though its the lack of consistancy...you cant even put your body on Dirk, yet in comparison the Mavs are allowed to get physical with Timmy down in the paint? Why?

Thank you!!!! You're admitting to what I've been saying all day long. God, it takes 10 pages to take this out of you guys.

It's a foul!!!

The topic was not about consistency, but since we are there I'll give you my 2 cents. There was one clear foul they missed on Duncan when Haywood jumped over him. That was it. Duncan will get his calls. But as people have pointed out refs will allow more contact in the post with good reason. Proportionally, it takes more contact to miss a shot from 5 feet out than it does from 20 feet. And around the basket often times offensive players will initiate contact first.

But the topic was not consistency. We can have a larger, hopefully real debate on that issue. Clearly it's a big problem in the league. But thank you for admitting finally that the calls on Dirk were 100% deserved.
But anyway, the arg

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-20-2010, 04:39 PM
Olajuwon is the better scorer and better overall player by far but Kendrick scores the ball at a more efficient rate than Olajuwon.
So your saying that TS% is the ultimate gauge for scoring efficiency and leaves all other stats that measure scoring/efficiency in the dust? I think most would agree the amount of points one can score at a certain rate is important. Scoring less than 10 points at a given TS% isn't the same thing as scoring 20+ points at that TS%.

Both comparisons are illegitimate. You're generally going to be more efficient with bigger offensive threats taking attention than you would be as the #1 option, and I'll repeat that when you're talking about a players' scoring efficiency it's pretty fuckin dumb to not include the amount of points that player scores at his given TS%.

FkLA
04-20-2010, 04:42 PM
Thank you!!!! You're admitting to what I've been saying all day long. God, it takes 10 pages to take this out of you guys.

It's a foul!!!

The topic was not about consistency, but since we are there I'll give you my 2 cents. There was one clear foul they missed on Duncan when Haywood jumped over him. That was it. Duncan will get his calls. But as people have pointed out refs will allow more contact in the post with good reason. Proportionally, it takes more contact to miss a shot from 5 feet out than it does from 20 feet. And around the basket often times offensive players will initiate contact first.

But the topic was not consistency. We can have a larger, hopefully real debate on that issue. Clearly it's a big problem in the league. But thank you for admitting finally that the calls on Dirk were 100% deserved.
But anyway, the arg

That's bullshit, if we're going to be rulebook nazis nowhere in the rulebook does it say that body contact in the paint is more acceptable than body contact outside of it. The only blatant foul was the one you mentioned but Damp and Haywood bodied up on Timmy way more often than just that one play, if they would use the same standard they use for Dirk than alot of those should be fouls as well.

But okay I'll agree with you, if we're going to be rulebook nazis than yeah there was come body contact which no matter how minimal is not allowed...so they were fouls on Dirk. But will you in turn agree that Duncan doesnt get those same calls despite arguably more body contact being involved, and that that is pretty blatant unfairness by the refs? Or are you too much of a Mavs homer to admit that.

DAF86
04-20-2010, 04:48 PM
So your saying that TS% is the ultimate gauge for scoring efficiency and leaves all other stats that measure scoring/efficiency in the dust? I think most would agree the amount of points one can score at a certain rate is important. Scoring less than 10 points at a given TS% isn't the same thing as scoring 20+ points at that TS%.

Both comparisons are illegitimate. You're generally going to be more efficient with bigger offensive threats taking attention than you would be as the #1 option, and I'll repeat that when you're talking about a players' scoring efficiency it's pretty fuckin dumb to not include the amount of points that player scores at his given TS%.

Manu has proven that he can score 20 ppg at his usual efficiency, Perkins hasn't, so no, it isn't the same comparison.

Also that of the attention beign bigger when you're the number one option is highly overblown. You get the attention when you're a good offensive player and specially when you get the ball. Duncan is/was the number one option of the Spurs on offense but I can show you thousands of plays where he benefits from the attention that Manu and Parker get, the same with Nowitzki and Kidd or Terry and the same with anyother number one option in the history of basketball.

endrity
04-20-2010, 04:53 PM
By the way, here's a video of the highlights. Mason's foul is at about 37 secs

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nba/columns/story?columnist=caplan_jeff&id=5111653

Clearly his arms are hanging over Dirk's head as he is about to go up for the shot.

I told you consistency is a big issue in this league, I also admitted to mistakes at the end of Game 3, 2006. Just as you must admit that Duncan got every possible call and more in the most critical game 7.
Duncan will get his call in the series, he always does. Maybe not in game 2 either, but once the series shifts to SA you'll see that most of the calls will favour the home team.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-20-2010, 04:55 PM
Manu has proven that he can score 20 ppg at his usual efficiency

Not on a consistent basis and not without games that hurt his efficiency. You can't cherry pick Manu's best games and ignore the bad games he has.

DAF86
04-20-2010, 04:56 PM
Not on a consistent basis and not without games that hurt his efficiency. You can't cherry pick Manu's best games and ignore the bad games he has.

I'm talking about a whole season.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-20-2010, 05:00 PM
Also that of the attention beign bigger when you're the number one option is highly overblown.
So you're saying that having a big man down low who is excellent passing out of the post and constantly draws double teams doesn't make it any easier for Ginobili to score at a more efficient rate?

mogrovejo
04-20-2010, 05:01 PM
That's bullshit, if we're going to be rulebook nazis nowhere in the rulebook does it say that body contact in the paint is more acceptable than body contact outside of it. The only blatant foul was the one you mentioned but Damp and Haywood bodied up on Timmy way more often than just that one play, if they would use the same standard they use for Dirk than alot of those should be fouls as well.

But okay I'll agree with you, if we're going to be rulebook nazis than yeah there was come body contact which no matter how minimal is not allowed...so they were fouls on Dirk. But will you in turn agree that Duncan doesnt get those same calls despite arguably more body contact being involved, and that that is pretty blatant unfairness by the refs? Or are you too much of a Mavs homer to admit that.

Yes it does.

No wonder NBA refs are so disliked, most people don't know the basic rules of the game... :depressed

DAF86
04-20-2010, 05:01 PM
So you're saying that having a big man down low who is excellent passing out of the post and constantly draws double teams doesn't make it any easier for Ginobili to score at a more efficient rate?

Did you read that I said that?

Ghazi
04-20-2010, 05:02 PM
mogro bullyin dese niggaz

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-20-2010, 05:03 PM
I'm talking about a whole season.

OK, so if you only include Manu's best season and compare it to Dirk's entire career, good or bad season, he's a more efficient scorer. Gotcha.