PDA

View Full Version : New TV series - The walking Dead

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10

Bynumite
11-19-2012, 05:56 PM
Fair episode. The crazy phone bit was more like tedious phone. Michonne is an interesting character in that she provides a kick ass dimension that is lacking.
I feel like the series is stumbling because the zombies simply aren't that threatening. There needs to more of a balance between the threat of fellow human survivors and the zombie apocalypse.
In addition to the humans adapting to new circumstances, it would be interesting for the zombies to do so as well.

At this point, they probably want to give more attention to the living and the threat they pose, since the 1st and 2nd season was all about running away from the hordes and trying to find safe places.

They already formed 2 distinct groups. They already showed how the apocalypse changed some of the characters and this week's episode showed you the reasons why the 2 groups will eventually go at it.

jeebus
11-19-2012, 09:54 PM
That phone shit was super boring; if it pushes the plot along so he's not a little bitch for the rest of the season, then I'm glad it's out of the way. I'm glad they found Carol cuz she's not annoying and ol boy Daryll needs some sort of sexual release soon. Andrea's still a fuckhead, the Asian guy is still annoying (is his name Wang? dude's useless), and Michonne joining the group should add some much needed new blood.

timtonymanu
11-20-2012, 03:57 PM
Tyreese has been casted:

http://images.hitfix.com/photos/467769/the-wire-reformation-cutty_article_story_main.jpg

Cutty!

Chris
11-23-2012, 01:24 PM
The last 2 episodes have been terrible imo and I'm a huge fan of the series

DesignatedT
11-25-2012, 08:20 PM
Should be an interesting episode tonight.

lakerhaterade
11-25-2012, 08:23 PM
Heard Maggie gets fcked by the governor...

lakerhaterade
11-25-2012, 08:24 PM
Tyreese has been casted:

http://images.hitfix.com/photos/467769/the-wire-reformation-cutty_article_story_main.jpg

Cutty!
He's that nigga.

jeebus
11-25-2012, 09:18 PM
Heard Maggie gets fcked by the governor...
fuck yes. run a train on that shit. she's probably tired of that gook's Q-tip dick anyways.

lakerhaterade
11-25-2012, 09:20 PM
fuck yes. run a train on that shit. she's probably tired of that gook's Q-tip dick anyways.
:lol

OTR, it'd be cool. More drama.

lakerhaterade
11-25-2012, 09:41 PM
Boner

lakerhaterade
11-25-2012, 09:59 PM
ohh shit

lakerhaterade
11-25-2012, 10:01 PM
hotdamn...next week can't come sooner

Chris
11-25-2012, 10:02 PM
It's nice to see the Governor squirm a little, he's terrified of Rick's group

Bynumite
11-25-2012, 11:23 PM
The governor is a sick fuck and Andrea is a bitch, they sure are a nice couple.

If they're gonna fight the governor's people in Woodbury, the new black guy is a goner, that for sure. Can't see them killing any of the other 3 characters, at least not now.

TE
11-25-2012, 11:35 PM
The governor is a sick fuck and Andrea is a bitch, they sure are a nice couple.

If they're gonna fight the governor's people in Woodbury, the new black guy is a goner, that for sure. Can't see them killing any of the other 3 characters, at least not now.
Yeah I agree. The token black dude is dead as Tyreese, THAT NIGGA, has been confirmed to appear in the next episode during the raid. I also read that Morgan will make an appearance, just not next week though.

The governor is a fucking asshole but I'm glad he didn't rape Maggie. That whole sequence was pretty intense..one of the more intense of the entire series imo.

That cabin scene was filler material at best...absolutely nothing came out of it other than the group finding out Michonne is a baaaad bitch.

Lots of shit is going down and I am very excited about the pace of the show. This episode was great mostly because of how it's leading up to the confrontation between Rick and the governor, which we'll see next week. I also remain pretty fucking interested in how Merle and Daryl will finally reunite. I think Merle will join the good guys, once it's all said and done (I know, bit of a stretch).

Bynumite
11-25-2012, 11:38 PM
lol Maggie. "Please don't hurt Glenn, instead you sick fucks should check out this place where you can find my father and sister" :lol

TE
11-25-2012, 11:45 PM

TE
11-25-2012, 11:49 PM
The next episode has a mini summary indicating that a new danger lurks at the prison...wonder what it might be since the governors group will be occupied.

Bynumite
11-26-2012, 12:01 AM
I think Merle will join the good guys, once it's all said and done (I know, bit of a stretch).

Third season crazy Rick and Merle can't coexist in the same group. Merle wants Rick dead and Rick wouldn't let Merle go anywhere near his family.

On the other hand, the redneck bros seem to be fan favorites. Looking forward to see how that unfolds.

jeebus
11-26-2012, 07:51 AM
Yeah I agree. The token black dude is dead as Tyreese, THAT NIGGA, has been confirmed to appear in the next episode during the raid. I also read that Morgan will make an appearance, just not next week though.

oh if Morgan shows up, every black guy on the show is gonna die. Morgan is the first black dude to be in the show plus he's played by an established actor (more so than these other poor negros).

jeebus
11-26-2012, 03:33 PM
lol Maggie. "Please don't hurt Glenn, instead you sick fucks should check out this place where you can find my father and sister" :lol
:lol shit, I just watched the ep and that's exactly what I thought. she's fucking pathetic; cradling her tits while still reeling from getting buttfucked by a dozen dudes; and the moment someone puts a gun to mr useless, she tells every secret she knows. new born baby, family, kids lives in danger? pft. who fucking cares. "someone is pointing an empty gun at my little b:cryyfriend!"

I hope her and andrea get eaten alive or at least used as a buffet like farmer john was. that shit was hilarious btw. one dude surviving for months by himself until he meets the deathsquad :lol

Lincoln
11-27-2012, 02:34 AM
andrea is a fucking slut

maggie was hot, governor is a sick fuck though

shit is gonna go down next week, surely that firefight is going to attract more walkers, are they gonna split the season like they did with breaking bad? if so, thats bullshit

symple19
11-27-2012, 05:46 AM
yeah, they'll split the season. :depressed

Capt Bringdown
11-27-2012, 08:23 AM
Good episode that started to take erase the bad taste left by the previous 2 clunkers.
But split-season, BOOO!

jeebus
11-27-2012, 08:41 AM
just about every show does the split season; if memory serves, they'll show the back half starting in the spring. not too bad; I had to wait a year after the mother of all cliffhangers in Battlestar Galactica.

koriwhat
11-27-2012, 09:30 AM
this show is a bit cheesy to say the least... shit, zombies are pretty cheesy to begin with. at least TWD is better than most shitty zombie movies/shows.

TE
12-02-2012, 03:13 PM
Mid season finale tonight, faggets.

Cant wait!

jeebus
12-02-2012, 04:55 PM
Mid season finale tonight, faggets.

Cant wait!
looks to be action packed, faggot.

How many in Rick's group again? like 4? Rick, Daryl, Michonne, and Token I think. I dunno, just them against the marlboro men, even if most of those guys look pretty shaky. I'm hoping andrea dies but it's not gonna happen. Token will probably die to make way for Morgan and Asian Guy, Maggie, or Daryl might die.

CuckingFunt
12-02-2012, 06:36 PM
looks to be action packed, faggot.

How many in Rick's group again? like 4? Rick, Daryl, Michonne, and Token I think. I dunno, just them against the marlboro men, even if most of those guys look pretty shaky. I'm hoping andrea dies but it's not gonna happen. Token will probably die to make way for Morgan and Asian Guy, Maggie, or Daryl might die.

The chick that The Governor decided was good enough to teach Andrea how to use a bow and arrow couldn't hit that walker in five tries. I've a sneaking suspicion that Woodbury's numbers won't account for that much of an advantage. If they're going to be tripped up, it's likely going to be because The Governor is a bigger psycho than anyone thought. Or if Andrea sides with him. Or if Daryl breaks from the group to join up with Merle. In general, though, I think Rick, Daryl, Michonne, and (to a lesser extent) Oscar and a pretty strong foursome.

jeebus
12-02-2012, 06:58 PM
The chick that The Governor decided was good enough to teach Andrea how to use a bow and arrow couldn't hit that walker in five tries. I've a sneaking suspicion that Woodbury's numbers won't account for that much of an advantage. If they're going to be tripped up, it's likely going to be because The Governor is a bigger psycho than anyone thought. Or if Andrea sides with him. Or if Daryl breaks from the group to join up with Merle. In general, though, I think Rick, Daryl, Michonne, and (to a lesser extent) Oscar and a pretty strong foursome.
yeah, that's why I called them shaky and marlboro men :lol there's probably a few who are good to go but they're so used to shooting zombies, once something shoots back, they might piss their pants. Plus once Asian Guy is freed, there's an extra body who's looking for payback. I'm most interesting in the Merle/Daryl situation; it can only end in 3 different ways. D joins M, M joins D, or the status quo is maintained.

The Governor is gonna do something weird, I think we can all count on that. Like throwing zombie heads at people so they'll get bitten.

TE
12-02-2012, 09:02 PM
That nigga, Tyreese

Lincoln
12-02-2012, 09:04 PM
Ohshiiiit

TE
12-02-2012, 09:05 PM
What's that? The prison right?

TE
12-02-2012, 09:18 PM
nvm

I hate these fucking commercials

Lincoln
12-02-2012, 09:32 PM
Yeah the prison

Holy fuck this episode is awesome

TE
12-02-2012, 09:37 PM
goddddam

TE
12-02-2012, 09:37 PM
oh shit Michonne

TE
12-02-2012, 09:41 PM
goddam fuck you andrea

TE
12-02-2012, 09:41 PM
fuck you andrea, fuck you piece of slut shit

Lincoln
12-02-2012, 09:43 PM
Holy fuck is this the best episode of the series? I think so

TE
12-02-2012, 09:59 PM
Oh fuck no

Lincoln
12-02-2012, 10:03 PM
Darryl :(

TE
12-02-2012, 10:04 PM
He's not dead Linc.

He comes out in the previews for next midseason

ColinB
12-02-2012, 10:05 PM
Badass cliffhanger showing them both in the upcoming previews.

Trainwreck2100
12-02-2012, 10:08 PM
Governor mad at Mearl for lying about Michonne

blkroadrunners
12-02-2012, 10:09 PM
Screw February. Show that new episode next week.

TE
12-02-2012, 10:11 PM
Governor mad at Mearl for lying about Michonne
What I'm thinking......

ChuckD
12-02-2012, 10:12 PM
One of the most horrifying this yet on the show: Penny actually seemed to react to the music Guv was playing. I think they're going to play this out for a while. Are there people inside those ravenous cannibalistic shells?

Trainwreck2100
12-02-2012, 10:13 PM
Screw February. Show that new episode next week.

if this was it's last season we'd have to wait till next september so be happy

TE
12-02-2012, 10:14 PM
Now a new dynamic emerges with Daryl and Merle... What the fuck is going to happen with that? That's the best cliffhanger for me in a episode of several.

Trainwreck2100
12-02-2012, 10:17 PM
Now a new dynamic emerges with Daryl and Merle... What the fuck is going to happen with that? That's the best cliffhanger for me in a episode of several.
Not really the governor assured that Merle has to work with Daryl and that preview pretty much guarantees it

blkroadrunners
12-02-2012, 10:21 PM
if this was it's last season we'd have to wait till next september so be happy

That wait was harsh, not gonna lie.

TE
12-02-2012, 10:27 PM
Not really the governor assured that Merle has to work with Daryl and that preview pretty much guarantees it

Not following you, elaborate

Trainwreck2100
12-02-2012, 10:30 PM
Not following you, elaborate

That preview for next season shows that the asian guy is pissed about someone being there

ChuckD
12-02-2012, 10:40 PM

Merle can never re-join the group. Rick, Maggie, and Glen WILL NOT HAVE IT. I think with Michonne presumable on board, they'd cut Daryl loose before they'd accept Merle.

Trainwreck2100
12-02-2012, 10:51 PM
That was the real shane in case you were wondering. I assumed he was put in by computer

jeebus
12-02-2012, 11:23 PM
That preview for next season shows that the asian guy is pissed about someone being there

Pretty sure that he was pissed at seeing Merle. Since it's only Andrea, Daryl, and Merle out there, the "what the hell is HE doing here" has gotta be aimed at him. I'm just curious as to how they're gonna rescue those two. Maybe they bust down the wall and let the walkers go in there, leading up to a nice showdown at the prison.

As far as the lil girl recognizing the music, I'm fairly certain that "Shaun of the Dead" already established that the undead can do things from their past life.

I'm glad to see Tyrese is nice and fat, despite it being a year or whatever after the outbreak. I guess he's been living in a supermarket by himself for most of the time. No way they'll get rid of Daryl, he's the fan favorite and the writers would pretty much be committing ratings suicide over that :lol

Trainwreck2100
12-02-2012, 11:25 PM
There's a good idea that Merle will be a trojan horse for the group that the governor uses to get into the group and later the prison

ChuckD
12-02-2012, 11:26 PM
That was the real shane in case you were wondering. I assumed he was put in by computer

Yeah, they got Bernthal to come back for a cameo. He was contractually forbidden to shave by his current movie contract. :lol

jeebus
12-02-2012, 11:27 PM
There's a good idea that Merle will be a trojan horse for the group that the governor uses to get into the group and later the prison
Doubt it. Governor is pretty fuckin pissed at Merle; remember he said that Michonne was killt. Dude lost his eye AND his lil baby gurl to the lady. Merle's dead to him

ChuckD
12-02-2012, 11:28 PM

The Governor strikes me much more as vindictive to someone who crosses him than subtle enough for that long con.

Trainwreck2100
12-02-2012, 11:30 PM
Yeah, they got Bernthal to come back for a cameo. He was contractually forbidden to shave by his current movie contract. :lol

It actually worked though

ChuckD
12-02-2012, 11:30 PM
Yeah, Talking Dead bumped up to an hour, and will immediately follow the first showing of WD when the show returns.

symple19
12-03-2012, 04:53 AM
Penny wasn't reacting to the music, she was reacting to the bowl of goop on the table next to the governor

symple19
12-03-2012, 04:53 AM
And yeah, badass episode

symple19
12-03-2012, 05:06 AM
...It would be a massive departure from the comic if they made the zombies have some kind of memories or connection to their past life. Not happening.

There is no universal "type" of zombie.

Bynumite
12-03-2012, 05:16 AM
Black guy about to jump over the wall and save his black ass, gets shotgunned.

Rick stands in the middle of a crossfire staring at Shane look-alike and he's untouchable lol.

The whole Woodbury infiltration and rescue sequence seemed way too easy and effortless imo.

Apart from that, great episode and cliffhanger involving the redneck bros.

Bynumite
12-03-2012, 05:26 AM
I think that bitch Andrea will redeem herself by helping Daryl and Merle escape Woodbury.

She saved the governor from getting sliced so she probably has his trust now.

ChuckD
12-03-2012, 07:30 AM
Black guy about to jump over the wall and save his black ass, gets shotgunned.

Rick stands in the middle of a crossfire staring at Shane look-alike and he's untouchable lol.

The whole Woodbury infiltration and rescue sequence seemed way too easy and effortless imo.

Apart from that, great episode and cliffhanger involving the redneck bros.

There is apparently a "black guy limit" on WD. TDog buys it, Oscar appears. Oscar had to buy it so that Tyreese could enter the show.

ChuckD
12-03-2012, 07:32 AM
Penny wasn't reacting to the music, she was reacting to the bowl of goop on the table next to the governor

That leaves the disgusting question: what IS the bowl of goop? A blood sundae?

ChuckD
12-03-2012, 08:01 AM
Another question: given the Governor's aversion to rivals, and the state of the prison walls where Tyreese and company entered, does anyone else think the prison was just fine, and Woodbury initially caused it to be over run by breaching the walls?

jeebus
12-03-2012, 09:35 AM
I think that bitch Andrea will redeem herself by helping Daryl and Merle escape Woodbury.

She saved the governor from getting sliced so she probably has his trust now.
fuck that. even if it is some long term scam, she's still a cu.nt. she's been doing the same shit for 2 seasons now. remember on the farm, she was bitching about not having a bigger role, kept bitching at Dale cuz he was like "you're a faggot, you ain't getting a gun", and then she shot Daryl? fuck her.

That leaves the disgusting question: what IS the bowl of goop? A blood sundae?
well, if it was, then that would explain the interest in it. case closed on that theory :lol

Another question: given the Governor's aversion to rivals, and the state of the prison walls where Tyreese and company entered, does anyone else think the prison was just fine, and Woodbury initially caused it to be over run by breaching the walls?

doubt it. that was an internal explosion. some prisoners probably made some special concoction of cleaners and whatnot and blew up the wall to escape.

Capt Bringdown
12-03-2012, 05:06 PM
Cheesy episode.
The only bit that worked for me was the battle between Michonne and the Governor. The rest of it was formulaic and not well rendered.

Viva Las Espuelas
12-03-2012, 09:41 PM
i don't know. the last few episodes haven't really sucked me in like the past season's. and i hate these stupid mid-season finales

spursfan09
12-03-2012, 09:54 PM
I wonder if its because now there are battles between people instead of people vs the zombies. It's like the walkers aren't threatening enough. Not as threatening as the people out there.

Viva Las Espuelas
12-03-2012, 10:04 PM
people eating can only go so far. i thought the whole zombie genre was boring until i saw this series and zombieland.

leemajors
12-11-2012, 08:13 AM
The Governor is fairly tame in this, I was a little surprised.

leemajors
12-11-2012, 08:13 AM
I wonder if its because now there are battles between people instead of people vs the zombies. It's like the walkers aren't threatening enough. Not as threatening as the people out there.

The title can be taken two ways

Reck
01-02-2013, 04:47 AM
Nice. Finally caught up to the latest episode.

Great series but I dont know why ya'll are like little girls in a candy store. Show is not the best show on TV like I've been hearing.

That being said, great show, love it.

This show has alot of unlikeable characters, almost all of them are unlikeable in fact.

LOL the wife cuckholding Rick from the get go, best "friend" is a psychopath, Dale and his moral compass and crush, Andrea and her stupid fucking self. :lol

I actually thought that Andrea was an alright character at first but she went all retard on the show. Unberable at this point.

Daryl is my nigga though.

symple19
01-29-2013, 03:45 AM
Former Steelers receiver Hines Ward to be a zombie in Walking Dead http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1394137-former-steelers-hines-ward-became-a-hideous-zombie-for-the-walking-dead

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/article/media_slots/photos/000/598/799/enhanced-buzz-2868-1351871503-16_original.jpg?1351877844

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4rx3vFGuCQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLRha7X0nwU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7inB0GG8nrM

February 10th, bitches

symple19
01-29-2013, 03:48 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VillpEWw8I

blkroadrunners
01-29-2013, 04:45 AM
Wow, these past couple months have gone by fast. Can't believe this show airs back the next couple Sundays.

Chris
02-04-2013, 02:36 PM
6 more days :hungry:

Spur|n|Austin
02-04-2013, 04:09 PM
6 more days :hungry:

I'm very excited, I re-watched some of the first season that was on TV during the day Sunday..

Has anybody tried out the Dead Yourself app on the iPhone?? You can make yourself pretaayy creepy.

Reck
02-04-2013, 06:52 PM
Wow, these past couple months have gone by fast. Can't believe this show airs back the next couple Sundays.

The show shouldn't go on stupid 2 months breaks at all. AMC is dumb that way.

They want to stretch the fuck out of this show unnesesarily so. Main reason why I wait until the very end of the season then download it altogether.

jeebus
02-04-2013, 11:07 PM
The show shouldn't go on stupid 2 months breaks at all. AMC is dumb that way.

They want to stretch the fuck out of this show unnesesarily so. Main reason why I wait until the very end of the season then download it altogether.

Just about every tv series is like that.

Reck
02-04-2013, 11:20 PM
Just about every tv series is like that.

That's something most networks are doing now. You used to see that with NBC, ABC but now you're beggining to see it with more respectable networks like AMC.

When there are only 12 episodes a season going on a 1 or 2 months break is a shitty thing to do.

blkroadrunners
02-05-2013, 07:08 AM
That's something most networks are doing now. You used to see that with NBC, ABC but now you're beggining to see it with more respectable networks like AMC.

When there are only 12 episodes a season going on a 1 or 2 months break is a shitty thing to do.

I'm not too fond of it neither. It's harder to catch up in the middle of a season than it is on a start of a brand new season, IMO.

leemajors
02-05-2013, 08:33 AM

Yeah but now they can promote midseason finales and premieres!

tp2021
02-05-2013, 09:40 AM

Walking Dead S3 has 16 episodes.

Meanwhile, Breaking Bad S5 has the same number of episodes yet the break is waaaaay longer (started in summer 2012, ends in summer 2013).

I'm just glad Walking Dead is back already.

spyder
02-10-2013, 01:02 PM
t-minus 8 hrs till new episode:hungry::hungry::clap

DesignatedT
02-10-2013, 04:47 PM
:tu

Chris
02-10-2013, 05:54 PM
Whats next for Merle?

DesignatedT
02-10-2013, 06:14 PM
I haven't read any spoilers/articles, watched any trailers or anything since last episode so I'm excited to see tonight's episode.

symple19
02-10-2013, 06:21 PM
Can't fuckin wait

TE
02-10-2013, 06:23 PM
Can't wait either

Chris
02-10-2013, 06:34 PM
I haven't read any spoilers/articles, watched any trailers or anything since last episode so I'm excited to see tonight's episode.

Me neither, I cant stand getting spoiled.

jeebus
02-10-2013, 08:47 PM
Walking Dead S3 has 16 episodes.

Meanwhile, Breaking Bad S5 has the same number of episodes yet the break is waaaaay longer (started in summer 2012, ends in summer 2013).

I'm just glad Walking Dead is back already.

I hate that shit. I remember when BSG was on and they ended with the mother of all cliffhangers, we had to wait over a year for the second half of the season.

InRareForm
02-10-2013, 10:04 PM
weak episode tbh..

Trainwreck2100
02-10-2013, 10:12 PM
why must they kill the attractive chicks

Reck
02-10-2013, 11:44 PM
Andrea continues being the stupid Kunt she is. Can someone just end her already?

Overall this episode was boring as fuck. It felt exactly how it was supposed to feel, Just a middle of the season episode where not much goes on.

DesignatedT
02-10-2013, 11:53 PM
Yeah that episode was boring as fuck. Not sure I like the direction Ricks character is headed. I can't fucking stand Andrea. I want to mute the fuckin tv everytime she speaks.

DeadlyDynasty
02-10-2013, 11:56 PM
Saw the show for the first time tonight and I gotta be honest--that's some of the worst ensemble acting I've ever seen. I'll eventually watch it from the beginning b/c AMC usually has pretty good stuff, and everyone I know loves the show. I'm in no rush to catch up though after that.

Reck
02-11-2013, 12:12 AM
Yeah that episode was boring as fuck. Not sure I like the direction Ricks character is headed. I can't fucking stand Andrea. I want to mute the fuckin tv everytime she speaks.

Yeah I thought Rick got over it when he had an imaginary talk with her dead wife on the phone or whatever.

There is no point in dealing with that shit anymore.

Didn't particularly like how cold blooded he was toward Tyrese. Total douchebaggery by Rick right there.

Thebesteva
02-11-2013, 12:30 AM
The episode set up the premise for future episodes, Rick's character dealing with these demons is actually awesome to me. Seeing Shane and his wife everywhere he goes is perfect, compared to just 'moving along' unrealistically every episode. I do agree tho, this episode was just so-so, it was what I expected considering that all their first episodes back aside from Season 1's pilot have been subpar.

Bynumite
02-11-2013, 12:43 AM
I don't expect them to be shooting zombies or each other 24/7 but between Andreas terrible little speech to the residents of Woodbury, every boring convo between Carol and another character and Rick going psycho, i was bored and waiting for the next episode preview and that looks promising.

Saw the show for the first time tonight and I gotta be honest--that's some of the worst ensemble acting I've ever seen. I'll eventually watch it from the beginning b/c AMC usually has pretty good stuff, and everyone I know loves the show. I'm in no rush to catch up though after that.

I watch the show since it started and season 1 and the 2nd half of season 2 are pretty good, definitely worth watching.

But even i felt like turning off the TV halfway through this episode, definitely not a good 1st impression if you've never watched this series before.

spursfan09
02-11-2013, 07:27 AM
Damn y'all are so hard to please...

spursfan09
02-11-2013, 07:29 AM
Good episode. The group is week. No Darrell. Rick losing it. Hershel one leg. A baby. Makes you wonder how they will even stand a chance against Woodbury. Oh also I don't think Lori is gone.

Capt Bringdown
02-11-2013, 07:45 AM
Blah episode with lifeless writing. Too much speechifying and characters exchanging anguished glances and temper tantrums. For an episode that aimed to portray things unraveling on every front, there was exactly zero tension or excitement on screen.

leemajors
02-11-2013, 08:14 AM
Good episode. The group is week. No Darrell. Rick losing it. Hershel one leg. A baby. Makes you wonder how they will even stand a chance against Woodbury. Oh also I don't think Lori is gone.

spursfan09
02-11-2013, 09:18 AM
Where are her bones then? The zombie that supposedly ate her wouldn't have ate the bones, and probably left some of the body. She might be a zombie herself.

JudynTX
02-11-2013, 09:32 AM
I watched last night for the first time ever. Do I really need to watch the previous seasons to know what's going on? :lol

spursfan09
02-11-2013, 10:20 AM
I watched last night for the first time ever. Do I really need to watch the previous seasons to know what's going on? :lol

Nah. They are in a zombie apocalypse lol.

That pretty much sums it up.

If you don't watch the other seasons you probably won't have any emotional attachment to the characters that's about it.

CuckingFunt
02-11-2013, 11:29 AM
They killed Heisenberg. Those bastards!!

rr2418
02-11-2013, 12:27 PM

If you're interested in the characters of the show or the journey these group of people have gone through, then I would say "yes", you need to see the other seasons. If you're interested in just the zombies feeding on human flesh, then "no", you can start watching it now.

ColinB
02-11-2013, 02:06 PM
Horrible episode.

Andrea's speech. :lol

JudynTX
02-11-2013, 02:17 PM
Nah. They are in a zombie apocalypse lol.

That pretty much sums it up.

If you don't watch the other seasons you probably won't have any emotional attachment to the characters that's about it.

If you're interested in the characters of the show or the journey these group of people have gone through, then I would say "yes", you need to see the other seasons. If you're interested in just the zombies feeding on human flesh, then "no", you can start watching it now.

Yeah, I can't see myself getting emotionally invested with the characters at this point. If you've seen one zombie eating flesh, you've seen them all. I just didn't understand the excitement behind the show. Thanks!

DarrinS
02-11-2013, 02:19 PM
I'd like to know more about Michonne and why she pretty much hates everyone. Another fight between her and Merle would be good too.

DesignatedT
02-11-2013, 02:23 PM
Andrea getting raped by every dude in Woodbury and then made into one of Michonne's pet walkers would make me very happy.

DarrinS
02-11-2013, 02:29 PM
Andrea getting raped by every dude in Woodbury and then made into one of Michonne's pet walkers would make me very happy.

No, Michonne would have her way with her first.

JudynTX
02-11-2013, 02:34 PM
Are there pets on this show? cats/dogs? Or have they been eaten up alive?

DarrinS
02-11-2013, 02:45 PM
Are there pets on this show? cats/dogs? Or have they been eaten up alive?

Sadly, all dogs and cats were eaten by Asian-American walkers.

spursfan09
02-11-2013, 02:50 PM
You do see stray dogs from time to time.

Don't think I've seen a cat.

Chris
02-11-2013, 04:41 PM

Reck
02-11-2013, 05:45 PM
Where are her bones then? The zombie that supposedly ate her wouldn't have ate the bones, and probably left some of the body. She might be a zombie herself.

Dude lol she's dead.

spursfan09
02-11-2013, 05:47 PM
Well I guess we'll see...

rr2418
02-11-2013, 05:56 PM
Yeah, I can't see myself getting emotionally invested with the characters at this point. If you've seen one zombie eating flesh, you've seen them all. I just didn't understand the excitement behind the show. Thanks!

One thing of note, to turn into a zombie you would've had to have been bitten by a zombie, die and then turn into one. Now it seems everyone has the "virus", so even if a person hasn't been bitten, they will turn into a zombie. Just thought you might
want to know.

Reck
02-11-2013, 05:58 PM
One thing of note, to turn into a zombie you would've had to have been bitten by a zombie, die and then turn into one. Now it seems everyone has the "virus", so even if a person hasn't been bitten, they will turn into a zombie. Just thought you might
want to know.

Its been like that since the beginning. I mean, from the comics.

jeebus
02-11-2013, 06:34 PM
shit I don't wanna watch this ep. I've been reading everywhere that the ep was pure monkey shit and that Andrea needs to be raped by a 8 gauge shotgun.

Lincoln
02-11-2013, 07:00 PM
What I'm reading is that the governors weapon bag has a "sheriff" label on it. The same bag that Rick have the be@ners at the elderly hospital in season one so maybe governor took that shit over?

leemajors
02-11-2013, 07:34 PM
shit I don't wanna watch this ep. I've been reading everywhere that the ep was pure monkey shit and that Andrea needs to be raped by a 8 gauge shotgun.

I don't really mind her character in the comics, but it's absurd what they have turned her into on the show.

Thebesteva
02-11-2013, 10:34 PM
What I'm reading is that the governors weapon bag has a "sheriff" label on it. The same bag that Rick have the be@ners at the elderly hospital in season one so maybe governor took that shit over?

Yeah its a deleted scene from season 2, its on youtube. Its actually quite entertaining but super long and they go back to where all those mexicans were where they gave the guns and 'some team' of people had come in and killed them all, even the elderly people and took off with the equipment.

Xevious
02-11-2013, 11:47 PM
Dude lol she's dead.
I do find it odd that she is still getting second or third billing in the credits though.

Anyway, I have to agree that this episode was pretty boring.

Reck
02-11-2013, 11:53 PM
I do find it odd that she is still getting second or third billing in the credits though.

Anyway, I have to agree that this episode was pretty boring.

She's probably going to be appearing as an apparition most likely which is bad news for the show imo. Last thing we need is to have Rick act all emo and shit throughout the whole season. I mean he has been acting like a bitch since the start of the season so I dont see the point of dragging it out.

jeebus
02-12-2013, 12:54 AM

I still don't know why they needed those guns from the bag. Watch season 1 again and there's fuckin guns EVERYWHERE. Spend a solid hour walking from corpse to corpse, checkpoint to checkpoint, and they'd have enough guns and ammo to last years.

Reck
02-12-2013, 01:19 AM
I still don't know why they needed those guns from the bag. Watch season 1 again and there's fuckin guns EVERYWHERE. Spend a solid hour walking from corpse to corpse, checkpoint to checkpoint, and they'd have enough guns and ammo to last years.

Dont forget the armory room in the sherrift dept.

Rick basically took a few guns and ammo and left the rest.

timtonymanu
02-12-2013, 04:03 AM
With jeebus on this one, I can't stand Andrea and it sounds like she's still being a stupid whore.

I almost wish Lori was alive instead of her.

TE
02-12-2013, 05:12 AM
I actually liked the episode. Things are building up.

Trainwreck2100
02-12-2013, 10:18 AM
Those kinds of exposition episodes are needed. Shouldn't have been a midseason premiere though

JudynTX
02-12-2013, 11:07 AM

:depressed

You do see stray dogs from time to time.

Don't think I've seen a cat.

Cats have 9 lives dude, they gotta be somewhere. :lol

want to know.

So what you're saying is that only cats/dogs will remain? :D

spursfan09
02-12-2013, 11:16 AM
Well if they are smart, they just got the hell ouf there.

DarrinS
02-12-2013, 03:00 PM
TV station hacked in Montana, issuing an emergency alert for zombie attacks

nc60XPCXrh8

rr2418
02-12-2013, 10:05 PM
:depressed

Cats have 9 lives dude, they gotta be somewhere. :lol

So what you're saying is that only cats/dogs will remain? :D

Fortunately cats and dogs aren't important in the show which is why you hear a distant "bow wow". :D

JudynTX
02-13-2013, 09:40 AM
I'm just messing with you guys. I'll try to continue watching. :lol

Viva Las Espuelas
02-14-2013, 02:09 AM
yeah, hopefully this episode is setting a lot of future things up.

spursfan09
02-14-2013, 07:05 AM
I just want the record to show that I'm saying I think Lori will show up as a walker. I'm not saying she's alive. I didn't see her body or bones left so well see

Reck
02-15-2013, 05:18 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/c8feba2be2f88773bbb41ba0a2331e8b/tumblr_mi7dulzQ7W1r6wgm8o1_500.jpg

ROLF. Sad but true. :lol

jeebus
02-15-2013, 11:18 AM
From what I've heard, original token is supposed to be coming back. I wonder if he'll have his wife in tow like Michonne.

Thebesteva
02-16-2013, 04:18 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/c8feba2be2f88773bbb41ba0a2331e8b/tumblr_mi7dulzQ7W1r6wgm8o1_500.jpg

ROLF. Sad but true. :lol

Holy shit LMFAO...actually the first black guy is going to reappear at some point. I think either the end of this season or next. He plays a rather large role as well as the most recent one. But T-Dogg was literally the token black guy. That actor is actually an amazing actor, he was seriously underused in TWD. There was actually an inside joke about that on the walking dead forums.

Xevious
02-16-2013, 02:30 PM
No, Michonne would have her way with her first.

I'm sure she has already. Andrea has gone after every other person who she sees as powerful/in control. Michonne took care of her for months while they were on their own. I have no doubt that Andrea made a move on her.

jeebus
02-16-2013, 06:06 PM
I just watched last Sunday's ep.

Andrea, The Last Samurai, and Carl all still need to die. My opinion will never change, even if those three discover a cure and save the universe. A faggot is still a faggot. Mayberry doesn't seem as big as it used to. They got what, like 6 or so Marlboro men guarding the walls? Add some behind the scenes guys and they maybe got a dozen. Speaking of Mayberry, LOL at Andrea's speech. She is so cock whipped it's not even funny. And the governor...dude's not even scary. Maybe it's his Harvard haircut and dad jeans.

And Rick. wtf. I hate the writers for bringing back Shane's cumdumpster; let it go. It's like they're forever trying to remind us that Rick is a cuck and raising a kid that isn't his. Move on already.

InRareForm
02-17-2013, 12:50 AM
Carl ain't shit without his farm... he really took a dive after they found the "barn"

AussieFanKurt
02-17-2013, 05:49 AM
rick should die in a fire

jeebus
02-17-2013, 12:46 PM
So, characters that need to die: Rick(must die in a fire), Lori(mission fucking accomplished), Carl, Andrea, The Last Samurai, Michonne (for permanently having a duckface and being all around annoying).

Hopefully tonight's ep has Rick getting over his stupid wife, either by meeting her as a zombie or some group therapy.

Trainwreck2100
02-17-2013, 12:50 PM
so the only ones left alive would be daryl maggie and her sister? Cause ain't no way herschels making it out of the prison alive

jeebus
02-17-2013, 03:14 PM
so the only ones left alive would be daryl maggie and her sister? Cause ain't no way herschels making it out of the prison alive
That's what fresh blood is for! Bring back Morgan from ep 1, keep Tyron or Tyreese or whatever alive. Daryl and Merle come back having seen the light; then have them stumble upon another small group of 4 or so people led by an ex cop from a small town. Add a couple hot bitches here and there and we got ourselves a likable cast again!

Chris
02-17-2013, 06:10 PM
Obvious prediction: 2 thugs with Tyreese betray everyone and Tyresse kills them to prove his loyalty to Rick's group, or Michone does them in with the same consequence.

ColinB
02-17-2013, 06:22 PM
Prediction: The trailer for this week shows a lot of action, so that means there will be about 2 minutes of it.

Joyrider
02-17-2013, 06:30 PM
Prediction: The trailer for this week shows a lot of action, so that means there will be about 2 minutes of it.

...at the last 10 minutes of the episode to have everyone sit through 40 minutes of arguing.

jeebus
02-17-2013, 07:13 PM
...at the last 10 minutes of the episode to have everyone sit through 40 minutes of arguing.
And 9 of those final 10 minutes will be tense music and running and building up to the action, leaving the final minute for something cool to happen.

resistanze
02-17-2013, 09:05 PM
I'm about to turn this off after that intro...

AussieFanKurt
02-17-2013, 09:06 PM
I just don't understand how anyone can fuck this show up with how good the comics are. Fuck everyone who has/had a part in this

TE
02-17-2013, 10:02 PM
Holyshit

Trainwreck2100
02-18-2013, 12:06 AM
I just don't understand how anyone can fuck this show up with how good the comics are. Fuck everyone who has/had a part in this

what the fuck are you talking about, that episode was good

lakerhaterade
02-18-2013, 12:13 AM
what the fuck are you talking about, that episode was good

The aussie is a pretty big faggot iirc. His taste for music, shows and movies is crap cause he's from Australia.

AussieFanKurt
02-18-2013, 12:52 AM
Maybe its just coz I've read the comics but the show overall has been below average... the characters are so fucking hateable. Haven't seen todays ep yet

Chris
02-18-2013, 01:10 AM
The Zombie Wagon made me laugh- overall a good episode, glad to see Daryl back.

MannyIsGod
02-18-2013, 01:26 AM

Honestly the comics are terrible. The show has its ups and downs but the comics are fucking boring. I can't believe you complain about the characters in the show as if the characters in the comics are well developed. They're all one dimensional as shit.

MannyIsGod
02-18-2013, 01:27 AM
BTW tonight's episode was fucking awesome. Last 10 minutes were intense.

AussieFanKurt
02-18-2013, 02:56 AM
Honestly the comics are terrible. The show has its ups and downs but the comics are fucking boring. I can't believe you complain about the characters in the show as if the characters in the comics are well developed. They're all one dimensional as shit.

Thats why I liked the comics because it didnt go too much into the characters... I dont give a fuck about character development in a show about zombies... I didnt find comics boring at all personally

Woo Bum-kon
02-18-2013, 03:18 AM
The comics are just the characters wandering around until they meet a group of psychos, who kill a few of them (the stakes are high, man), whom they eventually kill, only to wander around and meet the next group of psychos a few issues later.

ColinB
02-18-2013, 03:24 AM
This show could use some character development, tbh.

Another garbage episode where nothing happens until the very end. Way too much pointless downtime in this show.

Reck
02-18-2013, 03:51 AM
Maybe its just coz I've read the comics but the show overall has been below average... the characters are so fucking hateable. Haven't seen todays ep yet

This show has been kick ass the last two seasons. Nothing below average there. Third season however has been pretty boring though.

From season 1-2 only character that's really being an idiot and not likeable at all has been Andrea and she's kept being a royal slut since.

Season 3 has brought on the most hateable characters in show history I think imo. Even Rick has turned so emo that it is hard to cheer for him.

AussieFanKurt
02-18-2013, 05:49 AM
Season 2 is one of the worst things I've seen ... opinions like asshole etc etc... you're fine to disagree but I don't even know how I made it through that piece of shit

Bynumite
02-18-2013, 07:31 AM
During the scene where the redneck bros are arguing in the woods and Merle rips Daryl's shirt, you can see a tattoo on the right side of Daryl's back. Then when he puts his shirt back on and gets up, you can see the same tattoo but this time on the left side of his back :lol

MannyIsGod
02-18-2013, 08:27 AM
Thats why I liked the comics because it didnt go too much into the characters... I dont give a fuck about character development in a show about zombies... I didnt find comics boring at all personally

You just complained about the characters... :lmao WTF?

spursfan09
02-18-2013, 10:21 AM
Maybe some of you should just stop watching. Don't torture yourself.

I like the show, and the fact that there is a story line to follow. I think it makes sense for Rick Grimes to have a tortured mind. He's looked to as the leader, and feels responsible for deaths within his group. His wife died giving birth to what may or may not be his baby. He had to kill his best friend. And yet he's emo for being human and going crazy :lol

I'm fine with the character development just as long as it doesn't become like that show "Lost" where all we saw were flashbacks on like 50 different characters. I don't really care too much about the back story of how they were before all this happened, but you do need character development as the story goes.

Trill Clinton
02-18-2013, 10:32 AM
so is tyrese going to come back?

ColinB
02-18-2013, 12:45 PM
http://static.tvtome.com/images/genie_images/story/2013/w/walkingdead309end.gif

tp2021
02-18-2013, 12:48 PM
^ That's awesome. They should have every cast-off black guy up there.

Spur|n|Austin
02-18-2013, 12:52 PM

Bynumite
02-18-2013, 02:07 PM

For some reason that gif looks creepier than anything i've ever seen on the show. T Dog could return as a psycho killer a la Jason Voorhees :lol

Drew2354
02-18-2013, 02:36 PM
so is tyrese going to come back?

Kirkman said on the Talking Dead that "real soon" we will be hearing from that group.

Relevancy
02-18-2013, 02:57 PM
This show could use some character development, tbh.

Another garbage episode where nothing happens until the very end. Way too much pointless downtime in this show.That's your fucking opinion bitch, anyways if you think third season has been garbage than I suggest you to stop watching it, I'm sure the record-breaking ratings won't miss you one bit, fucktard.

jeebus
02-18-2013, 02:57 PM
:lmao

Chalk that one up as the worst ep of season 3. We got Asia trying to be like Bruce Lee but ending up as your average cuck Korean, acting fake tough but really scared while his girlfriend is getting plowed by a white guy. The whole Rick arc just got more fucking stupid and apparently he lost the ability to aim a gun. Seriously, that whole gun battle was the dumbest thing I've seen in a while. "Hey, targets are pretty out. I know we should use semi but fuck it, put every gun on full auto and hope we hit something, even though we're low on ammo." If they were smart, they'd have a guy on a roof 24/7; with someone up there, this battle would've been over in 5 mins. But no.

This shit is seriously turning into a lifetime movie. All the men are fucked up and acting stupid(except for one who in this case is Daryl) while the women are all :cry strong and level headed :cry. But yeah, that gun battle was painfully stupid. The governor, standing there as if he was Wyatt Earp and just randomly shooting around. This was all so very fucking stupid.

Relevancy
02-18-2013, 02:59 PM
so is tyrese going to come back?Is that even a question?:rolleyes His a mayor piece in the comics

Relevancy
02-18-2013, 03:02 PM

Chalk that one up as the worst ep of season 3. We got Asia trying to be like Bruce Lee but ending up as your average cuck Korean, acting fake tough but really scared while his girlfriend is getting plowed by a white guy. The whole Rick arc just got more fucking stupid and apparently he lost the ability to aim a gun. Seriously, that whole gun battle was the dumbest thing I've seen in a while. "Hey, targets are pretty out. I know we should use semi but fuck it, put every gun on full auto and hope we hit something, even though we're low on ammo." If they were smart, they'd have a guy on a roof 24/7; with someone up there, this battle would've been over in 5 mins. But no.

This shit is seriously turning into a lifetime movie. All the men are fucked up and acting stupid(except for one who in this case is Daryl) while the women are all :cry strong and level headed :cry. But yeah, that gun battle was painfully stupid. The governor, standing there as if he was Wyatt Earp and just randomly shooting around. This was all so very fucking stupid.Pretty much agree with you regarding that Asian guy, his "toughness" is not believable at all, It's like seeing a Mexican kid trying to fit in with a white group, what he does is fucking corny to see.

ColinB
02-18-2013, 03:02 PM
That's your fucking opinion bitch, anyways if you think third season has been garbage than I suggest you to stop watching it, I'm sure the record-breaking ratings won't miss you one bit, fucktard.

:rollin

Gotta watch so I can criticize this lame show.

If you like this show, you might be into Days of our Lives too. Check it out.

CuckingFunt
02-18-2013, 03:29 PM
If they were smart, they'd have a guy on a roof 24/7

In the comic books, they did. But on the TV show, Andrea is off in Woodbury instead. For reasons that are becoming increasingly difficult to determine.

CuckingFunt
02-18-2013, 03:33 PM
Is that even a question?:rolleyes His a mayor piece in the comics

Yeah, but he's a major piece that doesn't make it past the prison arc. So I can see the reason for concern.

I predict/hope that he comes back and sticks around for a while, though. Feels like it would be a major fuck you to the comic book fans to finally bring in Tyreese, played by an actor who is already a favorite of dedicated TV nerds, only to have him say some stuff for a couple of episodes and then run away.

Trill Clinton
02-18-2013, 03:33 PM
Is that even a question?:rolleyes His a mayor piece in the comics

never read the comic

Kirkman said on the Talking Dead that "real soon" we will be hearing from that group.

okay cool.

jeebus
02-18-2013, 04:25 PM
Pretty much agree with you regarding that Asian guy, his "toughness" is not believable at all, It's like seeing a Mexican kid trying to fit in with a white group, what he does is fucking corny to see.
Yeah, I pretty much just roll my eyes when he's on the screen. I didn't mind him too much when he was the guy that went out to get things or did his little stealth ninja bullshit. Every since ol girl took his virginity on the farm or in that store or wherever it was, he's been completely useless to everyone and everything.

In the comic books, they did. But on the TV show, Andrea is off in Woodbury instead. For reasons that are becoming increasingly difficult to determine.

They're definitely just using the book for main plot points and locations as well as trying to remove common sense from our heroes. Speaking of which, how did that one dude get in the guard tower? Is everyone so freaking oblivious to what's going on outside the fences that they didn't notice someone breaking in, white vehicles a couple hundred feet away, let alone the noise of the engines? Wasn't Carol saying earlier she wanted to hear traffic?! Fuckin A.

InRareForm
02-18-2013, 08:57 PM
it's better to watch this series all in one sequence like a movie... I almost feel like not watching any current ones, and doing that later on.

DesignatedT
02-18-2013, 09:22 PM
The show is much better when the group is on the run. Every time they settle down somewhere it starts to get meh. Just an observation.

Reck
02-18-2013, 10:06 PM
Rick is still having more visions? smh

I'm just going to wait until the season wraps up and then download the rest of the episodes together.

InRareForm
02-18-2013, 10:49 PM
Rick needs to find weed tbh...

symple19
02-19-2013, 04:02 AM
Good episode.

Now that Merle and Daryl are back they can throw up a decent defense for the inevitable final battle. This attack should also force the group into accepting Tyreese and his people.

Capt Bringdown
02-19-2013, 04:37 AM
Save for the last act, another snoozer. And considering that the final act took 1.75 episodes to set up, not much of a payoff.
The Dixon brothers and Samuri warrior chick are the most interesting characters for me at this point. Rick's meltdown, the Governor's lingering stares, and the rest of them, all fast-forward material.
Similar to season 2, too much waiting around and speechifying. Character development is groovy, except when you don't have interesting or compelling characters.

to21
02-19-2013, 08:27 AM
Honestly the comics are terrible. The show has its ups and downs but the comics are fucking boring. I can't believe you complain about the characters in the show as if the characters in the comics are well developed. They're all one dimensional as shit.Exactly! We're lucky those same folks that complain, don't write for this show.

leemajors
02-19-2013, 09:18 AM

I like the comics, but I also had the luxury of 17 volumes completed when I started. There are many lulls, but rarely did it go 100 pages without something happening, and comics are very quick reads for me. I think the show is pretty entertaining, and visually amazing at times - like the zombie head being slammed in the hatchback this episode, which is probably all I could ask for. I do get frustrated with the show's pacing sometimes, but I think that would be easier to deal with if it was completed and I was watching it on Netflix.

to21
02-19-2013, 09:27 AM
I like the comics, but I also had the luxury of 17 volumes completed when I started. There are many lulls, but rarely did it go 100 pages without something happening, and comics are very quick reads for me. I think the show is pretty entertaining, and visually amazing at times - like the zombie head being slammed in the hatchback this episode, which is probably all I could ask for. I do get frustrated with the show's pacing sometimes, but I think that would be easier to deal with if it was completed and I was watching it on Netflix.lee, I have them all but don't know where in the comics (current #) the show is at now. Do you?

leemajors
02-19-2013, 09:30 AM
I think the current TV show timeline is right around volume 8 of the comics, somewhere in the mid 40's by issue #

symple19
02-19-2013, 09:38 AM
I think the current TV show timeline is right around volume 8 of the comics, somewhere in the mid 40's by issue #

Sounds about right to me

BTW, I bought them all for my Nexus 10... Very pleased. Artwork really jumps off that badass screen :tu

symple19
02-19-2013, 09:42 AM
So, basically, a majority of people here hate everyone and fall asleep unless the show resembles a Jason Bay movie.

gotcha.

to21
02-19-2013, 10:20 AM
I think the current TV show timeline is right around volume 8 of the comics, somewhere in the mid 40's by issue #Thanks!

CuckingFunt
02-19-2013, 01:24 PM
I like the comics, but I also had the luxury of 17 volumes completed when I started. There are many lulls, but rarely did it go 100 pages without something happening, and comics are very quick reads for me. I think the show is pretty entertaining, and visually amazing at times - like the zombie head being slammed in the hatchback this episode, which is probably all I could ask for. I do get frustrated with the show's pacing sometimes, but I think that would be easier to deal with if it was completed and I was watching it on Netflix.

This is about where I am.

However, my frustrations with the show have less to do with the pace than what they're doing in the slower moments. If we were getting actual character development or interesting dialog when the action slowed down, I'd be in heaven. We're not, though. In ways that I think are even more problematic than all of last season's farm days. Especially now that we've got characters that I really love in the comics -- Michonne, Andrea, Tyreese, etc. -- who are nothing but empty shells of insufferable boredom thus far on the TV show.

CuckingFunt
02-19-2013, 01:26 PM
I would also add that while I generally love the fact the show doesn't follow the comics directly, I've been disappointed with the changes they've made to the prison/Woodbury arcs. They have, in my opinion, drastically lowered the stakes/tension.

ColinB
02-19-2013, 01:56 PM
It has nothing to do with resembling a "Jason" Bay (Guessing you meant Michael here) movie. There is just way too much pointless downtime that does nothing for the show or the characters. I personally don't really care about some women standing around washing clothes and gossiping and then next scene I get to see some dude sweeping. Anyone remember farm girl suicide subplot? What the hell was that.

Does anyone actually watch this show because it is good? Or is it because they are still hoping it will be good? Improved cinematography would at least give this show something. The other AMC shows have it. I still remember that shot of Shane looking out of the car's window and seeing that zombie in the field. More of that please if I have to deal with the rest.

leemajors
02-19-2013, 01:58 PM
The show always looks great, I have no idea what you are talking about. The actors can leave a lot to be desired sometimes, but the cinematography is always on point.

jeebus
02-19-2013, 02:01 PM
Or is it because they are still hoping it will be good? Improved cinematography would at least give this show something. The other AMC shows have it. I still remember that shot of Shane looking out of the car's window and seeing that zombie in the field. More of that please if I have to deal with the rest.
That would be me, good sir. I'm one Daryl death away from not watching this show ever again. And from what I've been reading on the show's facebook page, other people are getting tired of the bullshit as well.

ColinB
02-19-2013, 02:05 PM
The show always looks great, I have no idea what you are talking about. The actors can leave a lot to be desired sometimes, but the cinematography is always on point.

For sure, CDC building blowing up was a thing of beauty.

CuckingFunt
02-19-2013, 02:05 PM
Does anyone actually watch this show because it is good? Or is it because they are still hoping it will be good?

I watch it because I am genuinely entertained by it and I think it does a number of things very well. I can't imagine watching a show if that weren't the case, let alone taking the time to comment about and discuss it in depth.

That does not mean, however, that there aren't a number of areas in which it could improve.

Improved cinematography would at least give this show something. The other AMC shows have it. I still remember that shot of Shane looking out of the car's window and seeing that zombie in the field. More of that please if I have to deal with the rest.

Huh? For all it's faults, the show is pretty consistently good looking. There was some shaky CGI in the first season (CDC 'splosion, I'm looking at you), but it is far from an ugly show.

ColinB
02-19-2013, 02:29 PM
Oh, I'm certainly entertained, don't get me wrong. I just think that with the budget, source material, and the network (although it would have been interesting to see what HBO could have done with it), this show could have cut down on many of its flaws. Maybe they still can.

And I guess I'm just not seeing what you guys see in the cinematography. Especially when I compare it to fellow AMC shows like Mad Men, Breaking Bad, or even Rubicon.

CuckingFunt
02-19-2013, 02:32 PM
And I guess I'm just not seeing what you guys see in the cinematography. Especially when I compare it to fellow AMC shows like Mad Men, Breaking Bad, or even Rubicon.

Well, yeah. I never watched Rubicon, but even Boardwalk Empire looks like shit when compared to Breaking Bad and Mad Men.

ColinB
02-19-2013, 02:44 PM
:lol Fair point.

symple19
02-19-2013, 09:28 PM
It has nothing to do with resembling a "Jason" Bay (Guessing you meant Michael here) movie.

Just realized I did that... Guess I had baseball on my mind

Reck
02-19-2013, 09:33 PM

Just realized I did that... Guess I had baseball on my mind

Well you must really be into baseball to have him on your mind since that dude is so under the radar baseball itself barely notices him.

Capt Bringdown
02-19-2013, 09:34 PM
If we were getting actual character development or interesting dialog when the action slowed down, I'd be in heaven.
I agree with this assessment. I don't see it as a matter of action vs dialogue/character scenes. As you say, the dialogue just isn't that interesting.
Overall, the show still interests and entertains me, or I wouldn't watch it. But that doesn't mean I have to be 100% all-in with how they're moving things along.

leemajors
02-25-2013, 09:10 AM
I was convinced Carl would get shot in the eye while he was outside with Rick watching the perimeter.

jeebus
02-25-2013, 11:47 AM
Was praying that Phil would've waken up, grabbed the knife outta her hand, and rammed it into her throat. That would've made my week. Not much else to say about this ep as it was just a plot mover.

Next week's ep might solve the ammo problem if helmet boy has a bunch of it stocked up in town. I'm hoping Carl gets his fucking head blown off by a shotgun as well.

DarrinS
02-25-2013, 12:31 PM
Don't like her characters, but Andrea has a pretty nice body -- especially for a 43 yr old.

ColinB
02-25-2013, 01:00 PM
I'm pulling for the zombies now.

TE
02-25-2013, 02:51 PM
Meh, the only problem I have with the last episode is how slowly things moved. I do though like the dialogue and build up. Big things are gonna happen soon.

Lincoln
02-25-2013, 07:09 PM
Morgan coming back next episode which is nice and Glenn will die by season end

Capt Bringdown
02-26-2013, 06:16 AM
I'm pulling for the zombies now.

It's getting harder and harder to care about either zombie or human.

Spur|n|Austin
02-26-2013, 09:16 AM
Meh, the only problem I have with the last episode is how slowly things moved. I do though like the dialogue and build up. Big things are gonna happen soon.

It was verrrry slow; I started nodding off until my gf kicked me.

oh crap
02-26-2013, 11:38 AM
It's getting harder and harder to care about either zombie or human.

agreed.

InRareForm
02-26-2013, 12:21 PM
All the characters are bugging me. The brothers the only ones I can stand.

jeebus
02-26-2013, 12:44 PM
All the characters are bugging me. The brothers the only ones I can stand.

Yup. I liked the blonde daughter until they had her sing for a few hours in the last ep; Carol and Stumpy are ok as well. Everyone else can just deepthroat a shotgun for all I care.

Jacob1983
03-03-2013, 02:10 AM
SNL had a skit about The Walking Dead tonight. It was funny.

Darth_Pelican
03-03-2013, 08:13 PM
I'm really hoping that tonight's episode is good. This show has been losing steam and they need to pick up the pace. Last week's episode really served no purpose. All that happened was that Andrea visited the prison, couldn't bring herself to kill the Governor, and the group of 4 that Rick kicked out were taken in by the Governor. That all should have taken about 15 minutes, not an hour.

oh crap
03-03-2013, 09:51 PM
I never really hated that little bastard Carl until this episode. Really hoping the little shit gets it now.

jeebus
03-03-2013, 10:07 PM
I never really hated that little bastard Carl until this episode. Really hoping the little shit gets it now.

:lol I can't wait to see what he does. That little shit makes my blood boil.

Bynumite
03-03-2013, 10:48 PM
How many people were hoping to see Carl tripping on the wire and getting an axe to the face? :lol

Well, at least Carl took care of Laurie when she turned. Morgan's son Duane, what a stupid way to die.

timtonymanu
03-03-2013, 11:07 PM
:lol I can't wait to see what he does. That little shit makes my blood boil.

Considering this show has no problem killing off children, they should just end this little fucker's life already. I don't know why he's still alive.

jeebus
03-03-2013, 11:47 PM
Just got done; I liked it. Always wondered what would happen if they went back to the police station and his home town. I guess this solves guns/ammo/food situation for a while. I :loled at the hitchhiker dude; he shoulda went to the fenced in, recently mowed field. Probably woulda been a house or something over there. And I'm glad Michonne finally got some talking time and character development. Before she was just the duck face sword lady who likes to stare. Kudos.

How many people were hoping to see Carl tripping on the wire and getting an axe to the face? :lol

Well, at least Carl took care of Laurie when she turned. Morgan's son Duane, what a stupid way to die.
Oh I was praying so hard for that to happen. The way he scampered up the stairs, I was hoping he'd say "what wire-" and have that axe cut into his fucking face. Woulda been so sweet.

Considering this show has no problem killing off children, they should just end this little fucker's life already. I don't know why he's still alive.
I don't know. I'm kinda hoping the governor sends some goons to the prison with machetes and just hack that shithead to death, Rwanda-style.

timtonymanu
03-04-2013, 12:35 AM
I'm liking this episode. I was always anticipating Morgan's return and the lack of Andrea and the other annoying characters so far is great.

ColinB
03-04-2013, 12:42 AM
I enjoyed this one as well. It was the most comic book-esque episode in a very long time.

Capt Bringdown
03-04-2013, 02:41 AM
Easily the best episode since the mid-season break imo. But I'm not looking forward to the showdown the Governor. Tired of that character and set piece, and the preview scenes looked ridiculous.

lakerhaterade
03-04-2013, 03:01 AM
Lennie James is a beast actor. Couple that with the lack of Woodbury and this is easily one of the best episodes of the season.

CuckingFunt
03-04-2013, 03:14 AM
Best episode of the series thus far.

Capt Bringdown
03-04-2013, 08:40 AM
Couple that with the lack of Woodbury and this is easily one of the best episodes of the season.

Which was more boring, the farm or Woodbury? I wasn't too thrilled with the farm last year, but it's looking better when compared to Woodbury. All's I gotta say is they better level the place, and I want no more of Governor Cardboard.

Tonight's episode made a point to portray Rick's devolution into the type of guy who will drive by/ignore a fellow human's call for help. Rick is now the anti-good samaritan. So I'm a bit confused as to the preview of next week's show that hints at Rick and his crew trying to make some kind of diplomatic deal with the Gov.
Woodbury would be incredibly easy to defeat: just burn 'em out.

Lincoln
03-04-2013, 10:43 AM
They should've just moved the prison group to Morgan's safe house. That place was like a fortress with all those booby traps and literally hundreds of guns. Good position from the roof and windows too...

Trill Clinton
03-04-2013, 10:57 AM
morgan is that nigga!!!

i hope they bring him and tyrese back.

Spur|n|Austin
03-04-2013, 11:32 AM
Best episode of the series thus far.

:tu

I'm glad I wasn't disappointed on a Sunday night again.

CuckingFunt
03-04-2013, 11:43 AM
Also, Aisha Tyler should be on every episode of Talking Dead from now on.

spursfan09
03-04-2013, 12:00 PM
So the impression I got was that Morgan was not going to be a recurring character on the show?

On The Talking Dead they said the writers wanted him for season 2 but he was too busy.

I thought him and Rick would meet up and join forces.

I. Hustle
03-04-2013, 12:26 PM
My guess is that it's a set up. Rick and Andrea in cahoots. They go in and Rick makes it seem like he is surprised by the Governators deception but then handles business. At least, that would be the smart thing.

Then he turns and blows Andrea's jaw off.

$500 vBookie cash on it.

Darth_Pelican
03-04-2013, 02:13 PM
This was a very good episode except the part where Rick gets stabbed with a 6 inch knife between the shoulder and chest, wraps a bandage around it, and shows no signs of pain for the remainder of the episode.

jeebus
03-04-2013, 02:16 PM
They should've just moved the prison group to Morgan's safe house. That place was like a fortress with all those booby traps and literally hundreds of guns. Good position from the roof and windows too...
That makes way too much sense; stop it.

It's fairly obvious that no one has been in that town for a while except for Morgan and walker presence is basically nil. I say lock up the prison and move on out of there during the night, using it as a last resort. Mayberry will eventually fall due to it turning into crazy town while Rick and company chill out in his old town. Kill off Andrea, Glenn, and Fuckface Carl then start fresh with Morgan.

I thought him and Rick would meet up and join forces.
I'm sure he'll be back. Dude was bananas before Rick showed up; now that he knows there's a friend out there, he should stick around.