PDA

View Full Version : Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords Shot In Arizona

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

scott
01-08-2011, 02:04 PM
http://www.npr.org/2011/01/08/132764367/congresswoman-shot-in-arizona

To save Wild Cobra time so he can better focus on saving the world, I'll post his response for him.

She was standing in a place where someone could get shot. I feel for her, but damn... anyone speaking in public should think of the risks.

baseline bum
01-08-2011, 02:05 PM
You forgot to call her a libtard.

scott
01-08-2011, 02:08 PM
Apparently he's active on the NPR boards. From the comments on the article:

Robert Morgan (1776Patroit) wrote:

If she voted for ObamaCare, then she has just paid the price for treason. Regardless, I hope she recovers because I sure her family loves her.
Saturday, January 08, 2011 2:00:59 PM

EricB
01-08-2011, 02:12 PM
Fox news says local NPR is reporting she has died.

Yonivore
01-08-2011, 02:13 PM
Congresswoman Giffords has died.

Shelly
01-08-2011, 02:14 PM
horrible

scott
01-08-2011, 02:14 PM
Wow. It's an extraordinarily tragic day in America when any politician, regardless of their political views, is gunned down while hosting an event to listen to their constituents.

EricB
01-08-2011, 02:15 PM
Absolutel shame. Didn't agree with 100% of her views but she was a great woman. Had the honor of meeting her in phoenix this past fall.

scott
01-08-2011, 02:16 PM
Six others killed in the shooting. Horrid.

EricB
01-08-2011, 02:17 PM
I pray, although I'm sure it'll happen, this person who did this isnt used as a political talking point or pawn and is just know as a murderous wacko.

Shelly
01-08-2011, 02:20 PM
i read some report that the shooter was in his late teens or early 20s.

MannyIsGod
01-08-2011, 02:20 PM
Was she the target of the attack? Crazy.

scott
01-08-2011, 02:21 PM
I pray, although I'm sure it'll happen, this person who did this isnt used as a political talking point or pawn and is just know as a murderous wacko.

Agreed, but that isn't Modern Politics in America. I bet both sides are anxiously awaiting the motive and planning their talking points.

MannyIsGod

If it was linked to shit like tea party rabble rousing then it should be addressed appropriately whether you like it or not.

Shelly
it was at Ina and Oracle...not too far from where I used to live when I lived in Tucson.

Very tragic

baseline bum
01-08-2011, 02:22 PM
Fine, I'll be the first to say what everybody in this thread is thinking: it'll be interesting to see if this was a teabagger wet dream come true.

MannyIsGod
01-08-2011, 02:23 PM
Agreed, but that isn't Modern Politics in America. I bet both sides are anxiously awaiting the motive and planning their talking points.

Sorry, I normally agree with you outside of your man love for the Dallas Tony Homos but I think you're way off base here. Tea Party rallies have been the source of a lot of angry populism that has been not only allowed to fester, but promoted by people both in the media and government.

I'm not sure if this was related to that, but if it was then there are legitimate issues to be addressed. q

MannyIsGod
01-08-2011, 02:25 PM
I mean Scott look at the post you linked from the NPR board. Its not about having opposing views, its about a segment of the population viewing that as TREASON?

scott
01-08-2011, 02:26 PM
Giffords' district was one targeted by Palin and the Tea Party last November, but my understanding she was one of the Blue Dogs.

For the last remaining shreds of American political sanity, I hope this was just a deranged kid and not a politically motivated attack.

EricB
01-08-2011, 02:27 PM
One whacko doesn't represent a whole group.

EricB
01-08-2011, 02:28 PM
Giffords' district was one targeted by Palin and the Tea Party last November, but my understanding she was one of the Blue Dogs.

For the last remaining shreds of American political sanity, I hope this was just a deranged kid and not a politically motivated attack.

Yeah very moderate , pro health care BUT very pro securing the border and iirc I could be wrong but I think she was pro 1070.

scott
I mean Scott look at the post you linked from the NPR board. Its not about having opposing views, its about a segment of the population viewing that as TREASON?

I agree, those people are nut cases. If it turns out that person was a nutcase in that vein, I think a discussion is necessary. But if turns out the person was merely a registered Democrat or Republican and had a political bumper sticker on their car, I dread the inevitable Newz Blitz by either side decrying the other as terrorists.

Yonivore
I'm shocked that Manny and Baseline would be the first to politicize this tragic event.

scott
01-08-2011, 02:30 PM

baseline bum
01-08-2011, 02:30 PM
I'm shocked that Manny and Baseline would be the first to politicize this tragic event.

Technically it was TPark, but you've never been one known for paying attention.

EricB
01-08-2011, 02:33 PM

WTF I did nothing of the sort. I said I hoped neither side did. I hoped it WASN'T. Seriously....

MannyIsGod
01-08-2011, 02:33 PM
One whacko doesn't represent a whole group.

I never said it did. I know not all people in the Tea Party movement are murders.

My problem is that the environment at Tea Part rallies was angry and that anger was USED by people and and not only allowed to grow but encouraged. I believe that to be a very dangerous act by many talking heads.

Even if this is not a politically related act I still view the above as a huge problem.

Yonivore
01-08-2011, 02:34 PM

I present, the second post of the thread.

You forgot to call her a libtard.

AZLouis
01-08-2011, 02:34 PM
By the way she was one of the targeted people on Palin's website.

Parker2112
01-08-2011, 02:35 PM
First off, this breaks my heart. My prayers go out to the families who lost loved ones.

Second, there are going to be major reprocussions from the federal govt's law enforcement agencies. "Never let an opportunity go to waste," someone once said. This is a chance for those with an agenda to "crack down" on the dissent, tea party, constitutionalists, libertarians, etc...they have been tracking these "radical" groups on terrorist watch lists, illegal taps, local fusion centers, etc. This is the fuse to ignite a full on crackdown...with or without legal cause.

The new terrorist threat is going to be sold as your next door neighbors with contempt for big government.

MannyIsGod
I agree, those people are nut cases. If it turns out that person was a nutcase in that vein, I think a discussion is necessary. But if turns out the person was merely a registered Democrat or Republican and had a political bumper sticker on their car, I dread the inevitable Newz Blitz by either side decrying the other as terrorists.

I agree with that. No matter what this doesn't mean all liberals are saints and all Conservatives are evil. My beef is not with the issues but rather the political use of anger to motivate large segments of the population for electoral gain because violent acts are sure to follow, IMO.

baseline bum
I present, the second post of the thread.

That was a shot at WC, since he calls everyone but wingnuts that. Besides, if that was the case then why did you lump Manny in, since his comment was much later?

EricB
I never said it did. I know not all people in the Tea Party movement are murders.

My problem is that the environment at Tea Part rallies was angry and that anger was USED by people and and not only allowed to grow but encouraged. I believe that to be a very dangerous act by many talking heads.

Even if this is not a politically related act I still view the above as a huge problem.

I would hate to see someone try to regulate or criminalize rallies. That's a very dangerous slippery slope. I've been to 6 or 7 rallies and the anger was more at all of congress but there wasn't any talk of revolutions or any cockamamie stuff like that.

MannyIsGod

I'm pretty sure the gunman was the first.

Das Texan
01-08-2011, 02:36 PM
Tragic.

Hope this wasnt politically motivated and was just some isolated nut job who gets a few life sentences to think about what he has done.

If it was then I hope whatever group he was a part of gets taken down.

MannyIsGod
01-08-2011, 02:37 PM
I would hate to see someone try to regulate or criminalize rallies. That's a very dangerous slippery slope. I've been to 6 or 7 rallies and the anger was more at all of congress but there wasn't any talk of revolutions or any cockamamie stuff like that.

No one is saying to criminalize rallies. What the fuck? Rallies are already regulated, Tpark. I'm asking for people like Glen Beck and Michelle Bachman to be more responsible with what they say and how they motivate.

BlairForceDejuan
Emotions must be controlled! Violence cannot be allowed to happen in humanity!

Parker2112

hate to break it to you, but the feel-good hope and change is bullshit.

Dissent is what preserves your freedoms.

Whatever happened to "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it?"

Wake up and stop buying into to the brainwashing.

baseline bum
Tragic.

Hope this wasnt politically motivated and was just some isolated nut job who gets a few life sentences to think about what he has done.

If it was then I hope whatever group he was a part of gets taken down.

Yeah, I hope it is some psycho as opposed to a sociopath with a political axe to grind. Still, Yonivore giving me PC shit for coming out and saying what everyone else was thinking was classic.

DeadlyDynasty
01-08-2011, 02:38 PM
Six people were killed, and she was shot point blank. She was undoubtedly the target.
My condolences to her family.

Yonivore
01-08-2011, 02:39 PM
I'm pretty sure the gunman was the first.
Who said his motives were political?

EricB
01-08-2011, 02:39 PM

Which I found stupid because outside of being pro healthcare bill, if you didn't hear her say that you'd think she was a republican. She was very blue dog, and again meeting her this past October makes this more personal and sad. Great great woman.

Yonivore
01-08-2011, 02:40 PM
Targeted for electoral defeat, not assassination.

EricB
No one is saying to criminalize rallies. What the fuck? Rallies are already regulated, Tpark. I'm asking for people like Glen Beck and Michelle Bachman to be more responsible with what they say and how they motivate.

One of the rallies I was at Glenn beck was there and he said if you react with violence you are not representative of our views. I've never heard one thing him say to attack.

BlairForceDejuan
Her bro-in-law is an Astronaut in Space atm.

MannyIsGod
01-08-2011, 02:41 PM

There's a chance they were. It could be some kind of domestic issue. But outside of that, you typically don't see a congressional rep killed at point blank range at a planned political event for other reasons.

Maybe she hadn't paid her bookie though.

FromWayDowntown
It appears to be a tragic, tragic event and the focus for the time being should be upon Representative Giffords' life (trying to save it if possible; mourning it, if saving it is not possible) and apprehending the shooter. If it turns out to be a politically-motivated attack, we'll have plenty of time to deal with the implications of that.

DeadlyDynasty

She was hosting an event for her constituents...call it a hunch.

Don't be dense:rolleyes

MannyIsGod
01-08-2011, 02:42 PM
One of the rallies I was at Glenn beck was there and he said if you react with violence you are not representative of our views. I've never heard one thing him say to attack.

You make my head hurt Eric. If you don't think Glen Beck is guilty of irresponsibly inciting anger then I don't know what to tell you.

EricB
01-08-2011, 02:43 PM
She was very pro border security, I'm praying one of the cartels or of that ilk isn't involved.

Yonivore
There's a chance they were. It could be some kind of domestic issue. But outside of that, you typically don't see a congressional rep killed at point blank range at a planned political event for other reasons.

Maybe she hadn't paid her bookie though.
Maybe we should wait until we know. How 'bout that, numb nuts?

EricB
You make my head hurt Eric. If you don't think Glen Beck is guilty of irresponsibly inciting anger then I don't know what to tell you.

I'm sorry you feel that way but again I never heard one word from his mouth ever encourage violence.

BlairForceDejuan
01-08-2011, 02:44 PM
She was very pro border security, I'm praying one of the cartels or of that ilk isn't involved.

Extremely possible without knowing any info.

EricB
01-08-2011, 02:46 PM
Just thinking out loud. It's one of those I hope it isn't that but it wouldn't shock me if that's what it was...

DeadlyDynasty
01-08-2011, 02:47 PM
I'm sorry you feel that way but again I never heard one word from his mouth ever encourage violence.

Tea-baggers trolling a tragedy.

Stay Classy :tu

Yonivore
01-08-2011, 02:47 PM
When has he "irresponsibly incited anger?"

Want to talk about irresponsibly inciting anger? Let's talk about Congressman Emmanuel Cleaver claiming he was spat on and called ###### at a Tea Party rally.

Never. Happened.

A violent Tea Party is the figment of the Left's imagination...because, it allows them to respond rhetorically to the Tea Party's position instead of addressing the actual positions espoused by them.

Thunder Dan
01-08-2011, 02:48 PM
this is why people shouldn't be able to have guns. Yes there are some responsible people- but the guy who really cares about them is out killing people. He just set his cause back 50 years, and he probably doesn't even realize it because he is a moron

Yonivore
01-08-2011, 02:48 PM
Fox is reporting a source is telling them the Congresswoman is alive but critical.

Crookshanks
01-08-2011, 02:49 PM
Latest news is that she isn't dead. She's seriously injured and in surgery right now. Stupid news sources shouldn't jump the gun on reporting things.

PublicOption
01-08-2011, 02:51 PM
Way to go, Glen Beck. Sean Hannity. Mark Levine. Rush Limbaugh.

and the tea party bullshit.......you all did this and you know it. People NEED to stop listening to these morons.

........of course they will tell you on Monday that their toughts and prayers go out to her family and then quickly either blame democrats for being too liberal or continue to confuse the public to favor an agenda that is against the public own best interest......thanks foxnews.....now fuck off.

Thunder Dan
I hope the guy who did it is still alive, I want to hear his logic. He thinks by shooting the congresswoman who was anti-guns would be a good solution to obtaining gun rights? This guy needs a reality show, I wonder what other thoughts cross his mind.

Yonivore
this is why people shouldn't be able to have guns. Yes there are some responsible people- but the guy who really cares about them is out killing people. He just set his cause back 50 years, and he probably doesn't even realize it because he is a moron
So, if it were illegal to own guns, this person wouldn't have been able to acquire one?

EricB
01-08-2011, 02:52 PM
Just read a tweet that says she's in surgery. Pray hard.

BlairForceDejuan
01-08-2011, 02:53 PM
So, if it were illegal to own guns, this person wouldn't have been able to acquire one?

Correct. The 300 million estimated firearms within America would simply disappear.

MannyIsGod
01-08-2011, 02:54 PM
Maybe we should wait until we know. How 'bout that, numb nuts?

The irony here is delicous.

Thunder Dan
01-08-2011, 02:54 PM

if it were illegal they wouldn't be as prominent in society and easy to obtain.

Crookshanks
01-08-2011, 02:55 PM
Way to go, Glen Beck. Sean Hannity. Mark Levine. Rush Limbaugh.

and the tea party bullshit.......you all did this and you know it. People NEED to stop listening to these morons.

........of course they will tell you on Monday that their toughts and prayers go out to her family and then quickly either blame democrats for being too liberal or continue to confuse the public to favor an agenda that is against the public own best interest......thanks foxnews.....now fuck off.

You are a moron! None of the people you mentioned has EVER condoned violence against elected officials. And the Tea Party people are angry at government - but their solution is to VOTE the people out - not KILL them!

You really are an idiot, and you don't know what you're talking about! :nope

Das Texan
01-08-2011, 02:55 PM
Latest news is that she isn't dead. She's seriously injured and in surgery right now. Stupid news sources shouldn't jump the gun on reporting things.

Well in their defense, the law enforcement people there had said she died.

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-08-2011, 02:56 PM
A gathering of social and multimedia reaction/information about Giffords' shooting.

http://storify.com/acarvin/rep-gifford

Just absolutely sad that this group of people has been targeted at all for whatever reason.

MannyIsGod
01-08-2011, 02:57 PM
I hear gun control laws do a good job of keeping guns out the hands of those who don't follow laws to egin with.

jav
http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/.a/6a00d83451c45669e20147e162af25970b-800wi

Yonivore
Correct. The 300 million estimated firearms within America would simply disappear.

:lmao

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-08-2011, 02:58 PM
AZCentral.com with a live blog of today's news.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2011/01/08/20110108giffords-shooting.html

PublicOption
01-08-2011, 02:58 PM
You are a moron! None of the people you mentioned has EVER condoned violence against elected officials. And the Tea Party people are angry at government - but their solution is to VOTE the people out - not KILL them!

I know you are a fool to listen to these fools.

Thunder Dan
01-08-2011, 02:59 PM

to be fair, they do rile people up enough that people freak out and do crazy shit. They are similar the guy they blame for everything. They blame Marylin Manson for crazy teens who kill people, but I used to listen to him and never did that. Beck and Limbaugh is death metal for old people. Some can watch and enjoy- some watch and go nuts.

Yonivore
The irony here is delicous.

I don't know anything about the gunman and fairly little about his victims.

I'm hearing she's a moderate "Blue Dog" Democrat that favored tough immigration laws.

Seems to me, there are at least a half-dozen possibilities for political motive alone.

PublicOption

................they don't condone violence.

................but they condone hate, which can lead to violence.

dumb ass.

Yonivore
01-08-2011, 03:01 PM
There would still be enough guns, easy to obtain, for people like this nut to carry out these type acts.

It's cliche but very true; "if you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have them."

It's no accident that cities and states with the most stringent gun laws have the highest rate of gun violence.

PublicOption
http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/.a/6a00d83451c45669e20147e162af25970b-800wi

you found that fast....

awesome.

Trainwreck2100
first congressman to be shot since jamestown right?

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-08-2011, 03:02 PM
Rep. Giffords' shooting coverage. RT @atompkins: Live video coverage from Ariz shooting scene via KOLD-TV http://ow.ly/3AweQ

MannyIsGod
Exactly

dumb ass.

Crookshanks
god - the stupidity here is amazing. I think I'll go spend my time with something more worthwhile.

Yonivore
01-08-2011, 03:03 PM
I hear gun control laws do a good job of keeping guns out the hands of those who don't follow laws to egin with.
Really? Every crime committed with a gun was committed by a person who didn't follow the law.

Do you think a person willing to commit violence with a gun is going to worry about laws intended to keep him from possessing one?

BlairForceDejuan
01-08-2011, 03:05 PM
Guns won't be outlawed outright. No sense in rehashing gun ban dialogue.

Yonivore
01-08-2011, 03:06 PM
to be fair, they do rile people up enough that people freak out and do crazy shit.
Who has freaked out and done crazy shit in response to being riled by the Tea Party?

They are similar the guy they blame for everything. They blame Marylin Manson for crazy teens who kill people, but I used to listen to him and never did that. Beck and Limbaugh is death metal for old people. Some can watch and enjoy- some watch and go nuts.
Again, who has committed violence based on anything anyone related to the Tea Party has said?

Winehole23
I'm hearing she's a moderate "Blue Dog" Democrat that favored tough immigration laws.Maybe an illegal immigrant is to blame.

What happened to waiting until we know?

lol

FromWayDowntown
Just heard that a federal judge may be among the dead. Horrible.

Yonivore
01-08-2011, 03:07 PM

dumb ass.
When? Name a time when anyone in the Tea Party has condoned hate.

MannyIsGod
01-08-2011, 03:07 PM
Really? Every crime committed with a gun was committed by a person who didn't follow the law.

Do you think a person willing to commit violence with a gun is going to worry about laws intended to keep him from possessing one?

There isn't a face palm big enouh for this.

Yonivore
01-08-2011, 03:09 PM
Maybe an illegal immigrant is to blame.

What happened to waiting until we know?

lol
Nice example of an out-of-context attack.

BlairForceDejuan
01-08-2011, 03:11 PM
I like how Beck triggered the emotion within the shooter and not the action(s) of the politician.

JMarkJohns
01-08-2011, 03:12 PM

Another similar with Palin's pic and signature endorsing the crosshairs.

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/332/murderpolitics2.jpg

Yonivore
01-08-2011, 03:13 PM
There isn't a face palm big enouh for this.

Need a bigger one for this...

Name a person who was prevented from committing a violent crime because of gun laws.

ChumpDumper
01-08-2011, 03:15 PM
Wow, what an unfortunate choice of map icons.

Yonivore
01-08-2011, 03:16 PM
Another similar with Palin's pic and signature endorsing the crosshairs.

Wow, I hadn't heard about the other 19 assassination attempts yet. When did they occur?

Setting your sights and targeting something can have more meaning than you're implying here. And, if someone took that ad as an invitation to commit violence, they would have found any pretense at all.

ChumpDumper
01-08-2011, 03:16 PM

Name a person who was prevented from committing a violent crime because of gun laws.You're right. We do need a bigger facepalm for your demanding Manny prove a negative.

Winehole23
01-08-2011, 03:17 PM
Nice example of an out-of-context attack.Too cowardly to stand behind your own insinuations. I've noticed that about you.

BlairForceDejuan
You're right. We do need a bigger facepalm for your demanding Manny prove a negative.

But Yoni prevented the next Great Depression!

MannyIsGod

Name a person who was prevented from committing a violent crime because of gun laws.

You completely moronic fuck. I'm against gun control hence the obvious sarcasm that a 3 year old could have gotten. How does it feel to be so completely and utterly clueless?

BlairForceDejuan
01-08-2011, 03:18 PM
BTW, I've talked to a guy who was shot in the head at near point blank range and made a full recovery. I don't know how, but it is possible.

baseline bum
01-08-2011, 03:19 PM

Like weed and coke? :lol

FromWayDowntown
01-08-2011, 03:19 PM
One of the locals is reporting that the Congresswoman was talking while being wheeled into surgery. No corroboration of that.

DeadlyDynasty
01-08-2011, 03:20 PM
You completely moronic fuck. I'm against gun control hence the obvious sarcasm that a 3 year old could have gotten. How does it feel to be so completely and utterly clueless?

Don't bother with him.

"The problem with stupid people is that they don't know they're stupid."

MannyIsGod
01-08-2011, 03:21 PM
BTW, I've talked to a guy who was shot in the head at near point blank range and made a full recovery. I don't know how, but it is possible.

Thats just crazy.

JMarkJohns
Wow, I hadn't heard about the other 19 assassination attempts yet. When did they occur?

Setting your sights and targeting something can have more meaning than you're implying here. And, if someone took that ad as an invitation to commit violence, they would have found any pretense at all.

Politicians needn't be so flippant with life and death as to facetiously "target" opponents while simultaneously fanning the flames of rage.

This type of propaganda implies a false dilemma and is a clear example of irresponsible use of hyperbole to stoke the fires of negative emotions.

Considering the climate of Arizona politics, the other 19 attempts needn't occur for there to be a connection to this incident.

Crookshanks
latest news: 19 shot, 5 have died.

MannyIsGod
01-08-2011, 03:22 PM
Then again there are people who survive with huge chunks of their brain destroyed but they of course aren't the same.

Yonivore
01-08-2011, 03:24 PM
You completely moronic fuck. I'm against gun control hence the obvious sarcasm that a 3 year old could have gotten.
Sorry, I don't give a fuck about what you're for or against and so, the completely moronic position you posted was in complete agreement with what I expected from you.

Isn't it proper internet etiquette to post sarcasm with a [\sarcasm] or in blue text?

You have the mistaken impression I actually follow your nonsense and have any understanding of what you believe.

How does it feel to be so completely and utterly clueless?
About you? Just fine.

Trainwreck2100
01-08-2011, 03:25 PM
latest news: 19 shot, 5 have died.

what the hell gun did he have?

baseline bum
Sorry, a) I don't give a fuck about what you're for or against and so, the completely moronic position you posted was in complete agreement with what I expected from you.

Isn't it proper internet etiquette to post sarcasm with a [\sarcasm] or in blue text?

You have the mistaken impression I actually follow your nonsense and have any understanding of what you believe.

About you? Just fine.

:rollin

jack sommerset
This is NUTS!!!

JMarkJohns
01-08-2011, 03:26 PM

This was the original look/content of the http://www.takebackthe20.com/ website, an official extension of Palin's website. Click the link now to see their distancing from their prior content/messages. Obviously the connection was more than they could bear.

ChumpDumper
01-08-2011, 03:26 PM
Sorry, a) I don't give a fuck about what you're for or against and so, the completely moronic position you posted was in complete agreement with what I expected from you.

About you? Just fine.The meltdown suggests differently.

MannyIsGod
01-08-2011, 03:29 PM
:lmao

Yonivore tries so hard to act like he doesn't care about anything here but the fact that he tries so hard is what gives him away.

MannyIsGod
01-08-2011, 03:29 PM
Remember what I told you in the climate thread about your world view, Yonivore? Its showing again.

Yonivore
01-08-2011, 03:31 PM
Considering the climate of Arizona politics, the other 19 attempts needn't occur for there to be a connection to this incident.
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say, I don't believe they're going to find any connection between the ad and this crime. In fact, I'll go further...I'm going to say the assailant is going to be a person that wouldn't have 1) seen the ad or 2) agreed with it's actual premise (the electoral targeting) or the nut job premise manufactured by idiots like you (the actual targeting for assassination).

Yonivore
01-08-2011, 03:32 PM
Remember what I told you in the climate thread about your world view, Yonivore? Its showing again.
Sorry, I don't remember anything you say, beyond to what I may be responding at the moment.

MannyIsGod
01-08-2011, 03:32 PM
I thought you didn't want to speculate?

baseline bum
01-08-2011, 03:33 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_congresswoman_shot;_ylt=AlOgF0LJzwecNZWLsCI15fG MwfIE;_ylu=X3oDMTFiZjh1aDV2BHBvcwMxBHNlYwN5bl9icmV ha2luZ19uZXdzBHNsawNicmVha2luZ25ld3M-

Her Tucson office was vandalized a few hours after the House vote to approve the health care law in March, with someone either kicking or shooting out a glass door and window.

Same guy?

MannyIsGod
01-08-2011, 03:35 PM
Sorry, I don't remember anything you say, beyond to what I may be responding at the moment.

Doesn't change the fact that you automatically assume people to fall into certain broad categories with no overlap. You've got a simpleminded view of people but that probably comes from having a simple mind.

You can go back to speculating and telling others not to speculate now.

Bartleby
what the hell gun did he have?

a 9mm Glock

baseline bum
According to the AP report, an unnamed official said the attack was done with an automatic weapon, so a lot of good gun control laws did there if true.

MannyIsGod
01-08-2011, 03:37 PM
According to the AP report, an unnamed official said the attack was done with an automatic weapon, so a lot of good gun control laws did there.

What do you mean a lot of good the gun control laws did? They obviously didn't work if he had a gun and it was banned!

Mr. Peabody
http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/1294/aakelly048c.png

This was a campaign fundraiser her opponent had during the election. I seriously doubt this is related to today's events, but it does look bad in light of what happened.

FromWayDowntown
Chief Judge John Roll of the United States District Court for the District of Arizona is apparently among the dead.

edit: Judge Roll was appointed by George H.W. Bush in 1991.

MannyIsGod
01-08-2011, 03:38 PM
Jesus Christ.

MannyIsGod
01-08-2011, 03:40 PM
I've been assuming the shooter killed himself or was killed at the scene; is this the case?

Yonivore
01-08-2011, 03:40 PM
What do you mean a lot of good the gun control laws did? They obviously didn't work if he had a gun and it was banned!

Baseline didn't use the [\sarcasm] or blue text, either. But, his sarcasm is a bit more apparent than yours.

Clue meet less.

Bartleby
01-08-2011, 03:41 PM
I've been assuming the shooter killed himself or was killed at the scene; is this the case?

Nope, tried to run off but a bystander tackled him.

ChumpDumper
01-08-2011, 03:41 PM

This was a campaign fundraiser her opponent had during the election. I seriously doubt this is related to today's events, but it does look bad in light of what happened.Oh, shit.

Well, regardless of the assignment of blame -- let's hope this ratchets down the rhetoric a bit. Some spin is predictable, but hopefully it doesn't make things worse.

MannyIsGod
01-08-2011, 03:42 PM
Baseline didn't use the [\sarcasm] or blue text, either. But, his sarcasm is a bit more apparent than yours.

Clue meet less.

I'm pretty sure everyone with an ounce of common sense knew I was being sarcastic. :toast

FromWayDowntown

He was apparently shot, but not killed, and apprehended.

Bartleby
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii297/babbalanja/palintweet.jpg

MannyIsGod

So they have him in custody?? Wow.

ChumpDumper
01-08-2011, 03:43 PM

Clue meet less.Damn, yoni. Could you be any more butthurt about misreading a post?

MannyIsGod
01-08-2011, 03:44 PM
Damn, yoni. Could you be any more butthurt about misreading a post?

Yoni doesn't care what we think about him. Its obvious because he always tells us so and makes posts like those. :lol

MannyIsGod
01-08-2011, 03:45 PM

So much wrong with this.

Crookshanks
01-08-2011, 03:47 PM

News is saying that a person in the crowd actually fired back at the shooter.

ChumpDumper
01-08-2011, 03:47 PM
Yoni doesn't care what we think about him. Its obvious because he always tells us so and makes posts like those. :lolTHAT SHOULD BE IN BLUE! :madrun

MannyIsGod
01-08-2011, 03:48 PM
News is saying that a person in the crowd actually fired back at the shooter.

Does Arizona have a CDL law? If this is the case, gonna be hard for gun control advocates to spin this any other way than the CDL law likely saving lives.

Yonivore
01-08-2011, 03:48 PM
He was apparently shot, but not killed, and apprehended.
Shot by a person legally carrying a gun, it is being reported.

How many more may have been shot if that citizen hadn't been armed?

jack sommerset
01-08-2011, 03:49 PM
FED judge died

Yonivore
Does Arizona have a CDL law? If this is the case, gonna be hard for gun control advocates to spin this any other way than the CDL law likely saving lives.
I believe they do.

FromWayDowntown
MSNBC just reported that the Congresswoman is expected to pull through -- attributing that to information from the Deputy City Manager in Tucson.

ChumpDumper
01-08-2011, 03:50 PM
Yes, this is a great day for guns everywhere.

Crookshanks
01-08-2011, 03:50 PM

Rep Giffords is a staunch supporter of the 2nd amendment. And maybe it saved lives that someone else there had a gun. Does Arizona have the death penalty?

redzero
01-08-2011, 03:51 PM
OMG... did she died?!!!

FromWayDowntown
01-08-2011, 03:52 PM
Does Arizona have the death penalty?

Yes. One wonders, though, whether the first prosecution will be under federal or state law. Attacks on federal officials (a congresswoman and a judge) are federal crimes.

Yonivore
01-08-2011, 03:52 PM
MSNBC just reported that the Congresswoman is expected to pull through -- attributing that to information from the Deputy City Manager in Tucson.
Sounds incredible considering the description I'm hearing of her injury.

I hope that's the case. I heard she was actually talking going into surgery and that she's been responding since.

She sounds like a fighter. I pray she survives and that her injury doesn't preclude a normal life.

ChumpDumper
01-08-2011, 03:53 PM
Yes. One wonders, though, whether the first prosecution will be under federal or state law. Attacks on federal officials (a congresswoman and a judge) are federal crimes.Looks like would be plenty of charges to go around.

baseline bum
01-08-2011, 03:53 PM
Nice to see the concealed gun laws working as intended. And so there's no confusion, when I say as intended, I mean the murderer being taken down by a law-abiding citizen.

FromWayDowntown
01-08-2011, 03:54 PM
Sounds incredible considering the description I'm hearing of her injury.

I hope that's the case. I heard she was actually talking going into surgery and that she's been responding since.

She sounds like a fighter. I pray she survives and that her injury doesn't preclude a normal life.

I have no idea about the credibility of the speaker or the basis for the statement; as this story develops, I'm just adding what I'm hearing.

Crookshanks
shooter is a 22-year old white male. Some are saying he's a war vet.

FromWayDowntown
Looks like would be plenty of charges to go around.

Undoubtedly.

jack sommerset
01-08-2011, 03:56 PM
You want to hurt someone you can do it. I was at the Division 1 AA championship game last night in Frisco. VP Joe Biden was there. I walked right up to him and snapped his photo while a few others were shaking his hand in the parking lot on his way into the game. They had some secret service guys around him and sharp shooters on the roof but noone checked the freaken parking lot for guns,bombs,freaks or told any of us to stay away. I was about 5 feet from him. I have a feeling all this will change!!

boutons_deux
01-08-2011, 03:56 PM
http://www.rawstory.com/images/new/sarahpalinoops.jpg

Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-AZ), who was shot Saturday during a public event in Tucson, was among 20 other members of Congress who were on a so-called hit list published by former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin.

Palin, who has never publicly advocated violence against fellow US politicians, has often employed rhetorical attacks that leverage imagery and terminology familiar to gun owners and evocative of firearms. She said in March that her supporters should "reload" and "aim for" Democrats, ostensibly with their votes.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/01/rep-giffords-socalled-hit-list-dems-targeted-sarah-palin/

=========

Then we have that black Repug asshole (sorry for the redundancy) saying Magic Negro should put himself in mortal danger in Afghanistan.

Yonivore
01-08-2011, 03:57 PM
I have no idea about the credibility of the speaker or the basis for the statement; as this story develops, I'm just adding what I'm hearing.
Understood. I meant incredible in the sense that it would be fantastic good fortune...not that I didn't believe it.

As has been said, other have survived similar wounds.

Crookshanks
01-08-2011, 03:57 PM
State Senator Linda Lopez was on Fox news spouting off about the Tea Party, although at the time she had no information about the shooter. Maybe she should just keep her mouth shut.

Rep Giffords used to be a Republican and is a strong supporter of gun rights and a stronger stand on illegal immigration.

jack sommerset
01-08-2011, 03:59 PM
State Senator Linda Lopez was on Fox news spouting off about the Tea Party, although at the time she had no information about the shooter. Maybe she should just keep her mouth shut.

Rep Giffords used to be a Republican and is a strong supporter of gun rights and a stronger stand on illegal immigration.

They can't help themselves. Everything is political in their world.

Yonivore
01-08-2011, 04:00 PM
... but noone checked the freaken parking lot for guns,bombs,freaks ...
That you know of. The Secret Service has an extraordinary array of covert surveillance and detection technologies that would probably go unnoticed by the casual observer.

But, it's good Slow Joe seem approachable. Makes him more human, eh?

JMarkJohns
Word out of Tucson is she's expected to pull through (although she's not clear yet), and there was been a second arrested, and a third is being investigated.

Winehole23
I'm pretty sure everyone ... knew I was being sarcastic.I wouldn't be too sure about that.

Yoni jumps at shadows, but conspicuously ignores scarecrows.

The main question in my mind about it is whether Yoni's grotesque misreadings/evasions of the situation are cynically calculated or instead reflect obliviousness.

I go back and forth on that one, but I'm leaning toward the latter. He addresses me as if I'm some kind of deluded Obama cultist. It didn't surprise me that he assumed you're pro-gun control.

RandomGuy
01-08-2011, 04:01 PM

Figure the odds.

I don't mind holding my comments until the gunman's motives are known, he is apparently in custody.

Do you really doubt, in your heart of hearts that the vitriol over the health care debate, and demogogue-ing douchbaggery of the right-wing hate media in this country had *nothing* to do with it?

It is one thing to have an opinion, but quite another to consistantly demonize people you don't agree with politically.

Eventually some nutjob decides it's time to *do* something.

Shelly
01-08-2011, 04:02 PM
a child died

FromWayDowntown
01-08-2011, 04:03 PM
Word out of Tucson is she's expected to pull through (although she's not clear yet), and there was been a second arrested, and a third is being investigated.

Trauma chief says he's optimistic she'll survive. Miraculous, at least in part.

Tragic in so many other ways.

Crookshanks
Doctor just said he's very optimistic that Rep Giffords will pull through. The shot was a through and through.

MannyIsGod
She's alive, neurosurgeons operated on her so her brain was obviously damaged and she was obviously shot in the head. They have 10 patients at the hospital she's at 5 are in critical (her included) and 5 are in surgery. They also have one fatality which was a young child. Thats fucking sad.

RandomGuy
01-08-2011, 04:04 PM

All those veiled references to having to resort to second amendment rights *never* would give an idiot the wrong idea...

FromWayDowntown
01-08-2011, 04:04 PM
a child died

Apparently, a 9 year old girl.

Yonivore
01-08-2011, 04:05 PM
Figure the odds.

I don't mind holding my comments until the gunman's motives are known, he is apparently in custody.

Do you really doubt, in your heart of hearts that the vitriol over the health care debate, and demogogue-ing douchbaggery of the right-wing hate media in this country had *nothing* to do with it?

It is one thing to have an opinion, but quite another to consistantly demonize people you don't agree with politically.

Eventually some nutjob decides it's time to *do* something.
In my heart of hearts I have absolutely no clue what motivated the shooting. As I've said, given the political climate in Arizona and the Congresswoman's stated positions on other issues (immigration and gun control), there are at least six political motives that could be at fault.

It could also be a nut job that got a bad head of lettuce at Safeway yesterday.

Crookshanks
I know this shooter is "innocent" until proven guilty and he deserves due process - but I'd rather they interrogate him and then take him out and shoot him dead. Save the taxpayers the cost of a trial.

EricB
Prayers answered for mrs giffords hopefully!!! That would be miraculous!

EricB
01-08-2011, 04:06 PM
I know this shooter is "innocent" until proven guilty and he deserves due process - but I'd rather they interrogate him and then take him out and shoot him dead. Save the taxpayers the cost of a trial.

If the guy was seen shooting them I wouldn't think the trial would last long....

Bartleby
01-08-2011, 04:07 PM
If the guy was seen shooting them I wouldn't think the trial would last long....

Insanity defense?

boutons_deux
01-08-2011, 04:08 PM
"Everything is political in their world"

but everything isn't All Politics All the Time in Repug/red-state world, nah.

Crookshanks
01-08-2011, 04:09 PM
It could very well be that the shooter just wanted a place where there was a big crowd, and he wasn't specifically targeting anyone.

EricB
01-08-2011, 04:10 PM
Insanity defense?

Jury would laugh at that. This guys goose is cooked...

MannyIsGod
01-08-2011, 04:12 PM
Insanity defense?

Not going to work. If he tried to get away and was apprehended in the process going to be impossible to prove insanity.

Crookshanks
01-08-2011, 04:13 PM
The television station in Tucson is KGUN -rather ironic...

Shelly
01-08-2011, 04:13 PM
Authorities have identified Jared Laughner as the shooter at today's event

Possilbe 2nd person arrested?

Yonivore
01-08-2011, 04:15 PM
Given what we've been told so far, it is likely Congresswoman Giffords was shot with a high velocity round at close range and that it neither expanded or over-pressured the skull before exiting out the other side.

A through and through wound that was probably cauterized by the bullet as it passed through.

Since we're hearing she was responsive and, at one point, talking; it's entirely possible she'll have no lasting effects of the injury.

That would be awesome.

Crookshanks
01-08-2011, 04:15 PM
Giffords is the only member of Congress with a spouse on active duty. Her husband is a NASA astronaut and a Navy pilot.

Trainwreck2100
01-08-2011, 04:17 PM
Authorities have identified Jared Laughner as the shooter at today's event

Possilbe 2nd person arrested?

If there wad a guy with a conceiled piece no doubt he'd be detained as well

Johnny_Blaze_47

I don't. I want to know exactly what he was thinking and what led up to when he decided to shoot up a group of people and killed at least one person.

RandomGuy
Interesting.

News reports list name of gunman as either Jared Laughner

or

Jared Loughner.

Jared Loughner of Tuscon has a few vidoes posted on youtube.

nHoaZaLbqB4

Currency nut, among others.

VhAx8WzNJT0

Probably should check links.

If they are of the shooter, you can expect them to get pulled quickly.

MannyIsGod
01-08-2011, 04:18 PM
Not completely sure if this is his channel but there are some weird shit on there.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Classitup10#p/a/u/1/nHoaZaLbqB4

Crookshanks
01-08-2011, 04:18 PM
Shooter's MySpace page said "good-bye friends". Guess he thought he was going out in a blaze of glory.

Shelly
01-08-2011, 04:19 PM
Have they confirmed he was a war vet?

Crookshanks
01-08-2011, 04:19 PM
I don't. I want to know exactly what he was thinking and what led up to when he decided to shoot up a group of people and killed at least one person.

I want to know why he did it - that's why I said interrogate him. But once they ascertain his motive - take him out and put him down like a rabid dog!

Shelly
01-08-2011, 04:20 PM
Not completely sure if this is his channel but there are some weird shit on there.

Since he mentioned Thornydale elementary, that's him. That was just down the street from where we lived.

MannyIsGod
These videos are what I'd expect from Parker.

TimmehC

Was about to post that. Also have a possible photo of the guy: http://azstarnet.com/events/collection_aebeb63c-2f9e-11df-9021-001cc4c002e0.html?photo=8

MannyIsGod
01-08-2011, 04:21 PM
He mentions in the first video being in the army.

TimmehC
01-08-2011, 04:22 PM
Candlelight vigil at the Capitol building at 6PM, in case I'm not the only one on the forum in AZ.

BlairForceDejuan
01-08-2011, 04:23 PM
Yes, this is a great day for guns everywhere.

This changes nothing. .00000000000000000000001% of firearms in America were used to shoot a Fed. Representative in the country today.

RandomGuy
01-08-2011, 04:24 PM

Because nothing shows respect for human life more than a bullet in the head without a trial...

RandomGuy
01-08-2011, 04:25 PM

Indeed.

That was my first thought.

The guy's myspace page doesn't appear to be working atm.

Hardly surprising. Probably got blocked because the sudden spike in interest "looks like" a DOS attack on myspace, I would imagine.

MannyIsGod
01-08-2011, 04:26 PM
Guy ranting and raving about how many laws are unconstitutional and about the currency not being backed by gold.

Who is a big gold seller and a big tea party talking head?

Sickening.

Winehole23
01-08-2011, 04:27 PM
Secondhand: CNN reports Rep. Gifford has come out of surgery alive.

Crookshanks
Because nothing shows respect for human life more than a bullet in the head without a trial...

He certainly had no respect for human life. He was seen shooting the gun and was pretty much caught in the act - what's a trial going to show us - that we was abused or was a bed-wetter, and we should feel sorry for him?

FromWayDowntown
Judging from the YouTube stuff, whoever Jared Loughner is (and whether or not he's the shooter in custody), he is an obvious fan of syllogism and wholly unafraid of false syllogism.

Shelly
They're reading transcripts from his video and he sure has an issue with grammar... :/

edit...i know that's not his issue...

RandomGuy
01-08-2011, 04:29 PM
He mentions in the first video being in the army.

Hmm.

This Loughner guy is in her district, and mentions "District 8" in his first video.

Looks more and more like the shooter's name is "Loughner" and not "Laughner".

BlairForceDejuan
01-08-2011, 04:30 PM
Props to the witnesses who tackled the active shooter. Awesome show of bravery.

RandomGuy
He certainly had no respect for human life. He was seen shooting the gun and was pretty much caught in the act - what's a trial going to show us - that we was abused or was a bed-wetter, and we should feel sorry for him?

A trial would demonstrate that we are a nation that values the law.

Why do you hate the law?

Shelly
The sad thing is people complain about not being heard by their congressperson, and here is one that did go out and listen and shit like this has to happen.

MannyIsGod
01-08-2011, 04:31 PM

Its not about him, its about us. We're either animals like him who want revenge (hello Crookshanks!) or we're a society with laws and rules that we FOLLOW for reasons and avoid giving in to cheap emotions. It never ceases to amaze me how people who advocate just killing someone in situations like this don't see the obvious tie of their feeling to what motivated the shooter in the first place.

redzero
01-08-2011, 04:31 PM
So, who gets her seat, since she'll probably be a vegetable.

Crookshanks
01-08-2011, 04:32 PM
A trial would demonstrate that we are a nation that values the law.

Why do you hate the law?

I don't hate the law - and I know we need to follow the law and give him due process. I'm just saying I'd like some frontier justice in this case.

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-08-2011, 04:32 PM
what's a trial going to show us - that we was abused or was a bed-wetter, and we should feel sorry for him?

Something tells me you make up your own mind.

We all have the right to a fair trial in this nation. We should adhere to those standards at all times, even moreso during the most trying times.

Parker2112
01-08-2011, 04:33 PM

This is exactly the attitude and regrettable ignorant arrogance that allows the manipulation of weak-minded students like you all over the country.

You arent even old enough to understand democracy and the value of dissent.

You turned this thread into an attack on tea partiers and glenn beck types from page 1. How fucking dispicable. As bad as I have seen since I have been posting here honestly.

GFY. The board would be better off without brainwashed liberal fucks like yourself who are chomping at the bit to use this tragedy as a hammer to attack political opposition.

MannyIsGod
01-08-2011, 04:33 PM
I don't hate the law - and I know we need to follow the law and give him due process. I'm just saying I'd like some frontier justice in this case.

Yeah he thought the same.

MannyIsGod
01-08-2011, 04:34 PM
This is exactly the attitude and regrettable ignorant arrogance that allows the manipulation of weak-minded students like you all over the country.

You arent even old enough to understand democracy and the value of dissent.

You turned this thread into an attack on tea partiers and glenn beck types from page 1. How fucking dispicable. As bad as I have seen since I have been posting here honestly.

GFY. The board would be better off without brainwashed liberal fucks like yourself who are chomping at the bit to use this tragedy as a hammer to attack political opposition.

Your boy in Arizona has some videos on brainwashing and students being brainwashed. About the only thing he needed missing was a chemtrail video or a fluoride video. I'm sorry if that offends you.

Winehole23
01-08-2011, 04:34 PM
Crookshanks does have a point. We already have a two-tiered system of justice, so why limit the second-tier to just terrorists?

Why not just throw criminal suspects in too, to satisfy an outraged public and the blood of the innocent?

Crookshanks
01-08-2011, 04:35 PM
Its not about him, its about us. We're either animals like him who want revenge (hello Crookshanks!) or we're a society with laws and rules that we FOLLOW for reasons and avoid giving in to cheap emotions. It never ceases to amaze me how people who advocate just killing someone in situations like this don't see the obvious tie of their feeling to what motivated the shooter in the first place.

Spare me your preaching - we DON'T KNOW his motivations.

He lists favorite books as the Communist Manifesto and Mein Kampf (sp). Doesn't sound like a Tea Party guy to me!

Jekka
01-08-2011, 04:35 PM
So, who gets her seat, since she'll probably be a vegetable.

You're a real class act, there.

FromWayDowntown
01-08-2011, 04:36 PM
Crookshanks does have a point. We already have a two-tiered system of justice, so why limit the second-tier to just terrorists?

Why not just throw criminal suspects in too, to satisfy an outraged public and the blood of the innocent?

Think of all the money we could save if we just did away with a judiciary altogether!

MannyIsGod
01-08-2011, 04:36 PM

Sure seems like this guy is going to be a textbook terrorist. Which makes me wonder where Darrin is to point out no one has labeled this white veteran a terrorist.

MannyIsGod
01-08-2011, 04:38 PM
Spare me your preaching - we DON'T KNOW his motivations.

He lists favorite books as the Communist Manifesto and Mein Kampf (sp). Doesn't sound like a Tea Pary guy to me!

Did you miss a Brave New World, Fahrenheit 451, and Animal Farm? Its funny because I was just talking to Jekka about how they labeled those books as his favorites on a news feed and completely left out the virtual libertarian library that makes up the rest of his reading list.

Shit, I bet Parker felt his heart skip a beat with that reading list. Especially the republic. I wonder if Jared thought he was the one coming back to the cave to educate us all like Parker.

BlairForceDejuan
01-08-2011, 04:43 PM
"No, I won't trust in God!"

Atheist driven terrorist! If only he had been an Italian Catholic.

Parker2112
01-08-2011, 04:44 PM
Your boy in Arizona has some videos on brainwashing and students being brainwashed. About the only thing he needed missing was a chemtrail video or a fluoride video. I'm sorry if that offends you.

You have lived through eight years of the Bush admin, and still you think dissent should be squashed for the greater good? And thats your first thoughts here, after this tragedy?

Your an absolute idiot Manny. I dont care how smart you think you are, you are clueless man.

rascal
01-08-2011, 04:45 PM

This is the problem. Too much hatred coming out of conservative talk radio and the tea party movement and their followers. No doubt it most likely is some wacko that took their views to an extreme.

Parker2112
01-08-2011, 04:45 PM
Did you miss a Brave New World, Fahrenheit 451, and Animal Farm? Its funny because I was just talking to Jekka about how they labeled those books as his favorites on a news feed and completely left out the virtual libertarian library that makes up the rest of his reading list.

Shit, I bet Parker felt his heart skip a beat with that reading list. Especially the republic. I wonder if Jared thought he was the one coming back to the cave to educate us all like Parker.

butthurt runs deep with you, young one...

BlairForceDejuan
01-08-2011, 04:47 PM
This is the problem. Too much hatred coming out of conservative talk radio and the tea party movement and their followers. No doubt it most likely is some wacko that took their views to an extreme.

lulz, go read the comments section daily of the Huffington Post and tell me libs aren't just as hateful (bitter). Ed Schult'z audience is just as butthurt as the tea party you all make fun of.

MannyIsGod
01-08-2011, 04:47 PM
You have lived through eight years of the Bush admin, and still you think dissent should be squashed for the greater good? And thats your first thoughts here, after this tragedy?

Your an absolute idiot Manny. I dont care how smart you think you are, you are clueless man.

If dissent means walking up to a congresswoman and gunning her and over 10 others while killing a 9 year old girl then fuck yes I think it should be squashed.

I'm sorry that you don't like your line of thinking being associated with what just happened but the killer's youtube channel could have easily have been yours. It disgusts me what people like you think needs to be done to water the fucking tree of liberty.

If being brainwashed means living in a society where we settle our political differences at the ballot box and not with a fucking gun and violence then sign me up for some more mind control.

Shelly
01-08-2011, 04:48 PM
Obama confirmed 5 dead

Crookshanks

Lies the libs tell and believe to make themselves feel better. No proof of anything you said here.

Jekka
lulz, go read the comments section daily of the Huffington Post and tell me libs aren't just as hateful (bitter). Ed's audience is just as butthurt as the tea party you all make fun of.

Except most of those libs don't have guns. I'll take a flag-burning over a mass shooting any day.

rascal
01-08-2011, 04:49 PM
Lies the libs tell and believe to make themselves feel better. No proof of anything you said here.

Give it time.

MannyIsGod
lulz, go read the comments section daily of the Huffington Post and tell me libs aren't just as hateful (bitter). Ed's audience is just as butthurt as the tea party you all make fun of.

You're right, and the people who used to call for Bush's life were wrong. That being said, timothy mcveighs of the world and the Jared Loughners of the world aren't typically liberals.

Clandestino

It's not his fault... he has been in school his whole life and wants to use some of the shit he learns, but nobody will pay him for it so he posts on msg boards all day...

MannyIsGod
01-08-2011, 04:50 PM
butthurt runs deep with you, young one...

Yeah I think a lot of people out there are going to be a bit butthurt over a guy with pretty much identical views on politics as you gunning down a congresswoman.

Parker2112
01-08-2011, 04:51 PM
If dissent means walking up to a congresswoman ....

This is exactly the kind of twisted bullshit I expect from you. You are marring this tragedy with your attempt to use this event to bash tea partiers AT THE DROP OF A HAT, and with your subsequent attempt to tie tea partiers to this criminal's action.

You would have been an ideal lap dog for GW and Cheney, btw.

Winehole23
01-08-2011, 04:52 PM
Sure seems like this guy is going to be a textbook terrorist.How so?

BlairForceDejuan
01-08-2011, 04:52 PM
Except most of those libs don't have guns. I'll take a flag-burning over a mass shooting any day.

haha no doubt. Instead they want to steal everyone's money and choke them out of a nice comfortable life through the guise of saving the world. :lol

rascal
01-08-2011, 04:54 PM
haha no doubt. Instead they want to steal everyone's money and choke them out of a nice comfortable life through the guise of saving the world. :lol

Big business will take every last penny from you if given the opportunity as long as it is in the name of profit for them.

MannyIsGod
01-08-2011, 04:54 PM
How so?

Assuming the attack was politically motivated - and judging from his videos thats not a reach - how would it not be a terrorist attack?

BlairForceDejuan
01-08-2011, 04:55 PM
Big business will take every last penny from you if given the opportunity as long as it is in the name of profit for them.

Profit off the Big Businesses profiting. That's how the game is set-up.

TimmehC
01-08-2011, 04:55 PM
I might be a lib, but I'm also an AZ resident. For fuck's sake, stop the finger-pointing here and just hope for her quick recovery instead of making this a political thing. If you insist on making a point about hate speech, start a separate thread for it. This thread should be for news updates, as well as to mourn those who were lost and hope that the ones who are still alive stay that way.

Parker2112
01-08-2011, 04:56 PM
Yeah I think a lot of people out there are going to be a bit butthurt over a guy with pretty much identical views on politics as you gunning down a congresswoman.

What a heaping steaming load of shit from your lips. You are a disgraceful sorry POS, dude.

You cant wait to use this woman's tragedy to bash your percieved opposition.

Your shit, Manny. And I say that after years of seeing WC, CC and others use these same techniques...they just didnt use a gunshot to a congresswoman's head to advance personal views...you twisted, ignorant fuck.

Parker2112
01-08-2011, 04:57 PM
If it was linked to shit like tea party rabble rousing then it should be addressed appropriately whether you like it or not.

second post, for the record. Did you ever express words of sympathy for Giffords? I forget...

MannyIsGod
01-08-2011, 04:59 PM
This is exactly the kind of twisted bullshit I expect from you. You are marring this tragedy with your attempt to use this event to bash tea partiers AT THE DROP OF A HAT, and with your subsequent attempt to tie tea partiers to this criminal's action.

You would have been an ideal lap dog for GW and Cheney, btw.

Actually, I didn't bash tea partiers I bashed their leaders who incited anger with many visual examples provided in this very thread. I don't think libertarians are a problem at all. I think libertarians with insane views of conspiracies coming out of the wood work like you and this person are a problem, however.

Lets get this straight, Parker. I don't view you as an average tea partier or voice of dissent. I view you more in same mold as this person, Timothy McVeigh or Ted Kazynski. There's a big distinction. You may not be violent as they are, but your ideologies and conspiracy fears sure do ring alike.

:lol @ the second part of your post.

MannyIsGod
01-08-2011, 05:01 PM
What a heaping steaming load of shit from your lips. You are a disgraceful sorry POS, dude.

Your shit, Manny. And I say that after years of seeing WC, CC and others use these same techniques...they just didnt use a gunshot to a congresswoman's head to advance personal views...you twisted, ignorant fuck.

I'm completely making up the guys ideology. You're mad at me because you don't like that you and this guy have similarities but thats not on me.

Winehole23
01-08-2011, 05:01 PM
Assuming the attack was politically motivated - and judging from his videos thats not a reach - how would it not be a terrorist attack?So any politically motivated crime is definitionally terrorism? Hmm...

BlairForceDejuan
01-08-2011, 05:03 PM
His youtube videos just mindfcked me. I have no idea what I just read. Not sure if I just got mind controlled or wut???

MannyIsGod
01-08-2011, 05:04 PM
So any politically motivated crime is definitionally terrorism? Hmm...

How do you define terrorism, WH? Obviously terrorism is a lose term that has been used (and misused) quite often in the recent past, but a politically motivated attack on a group of civilians (are government officials civilians? honest question although I assume they are) in order to make a point strikes me as textbook terrorism.

Parker2112
01-08-2011, 05:08 PM
I'm completely making up the guys ideology. You're mad at me because you don't like that you and this guy have similarities but thats not on me.

I am not mad, I'm calling you out for 1) being a self-absorbed prick 2) who couldnt even find it in his heart to express sympathy for this woman before 3) he began to use her situation 4) to bolster his own personal arguments 5) as she was bleeding in an operating room.

Your a POS dude. Deal.

rascal
01-08-2011, 05:08 PM

Here is an example of the hatred that is grown from conservative talk radio and a Tea party follower.

Winehole23
01-08-2011, 05:12 PM
lol @ the enumeration of misdeeds in #250.