PDA

View Full Version : *** Official Rangers vs. Tigers ALCS Thread ***

Pages : [1] 2 3

stretch
10-06-2011, 10:45 PM
this is the true thread

do NOT fuck with this when its working. consider this your warning. you know who you are.

Rangers in 5

Texas Chili Dog
10-06-2011, 10:46 PM
:lol

Bill_Brasky
10-06-2011, 10:47 PM
Fuckin TCD

Rangers in 6.

Spursfan092120
Yes..do not fuck with the mojo...With the Tigers' Young possibly out, that's one less bat for Texas to worry about...I say Texas in 5..MAYBE 6.

TIMMYtoZO
Tigers will handle the Rangers with ease. Verlander is easily better than CJ. Valverde>>>>>>>>>>>>>Feliz. Tigers Bullpen>>>>>>>>>>>>Rangers bullpen. Tigers starting pitching>>>>>>>>>>>>Rangers starting pitching. Rangers have the edge on offense, but pitching wins in the postseason. Plus, the Tigers bats aren't chop liver. Tigers in 5-6 games.

stretch
10-06-2011, 10:48 PM
Tigers will handle the Rangers with ease. Verlander is easily better than CJ. Valverde>>>>>>>>>>>>>Feliz. Tigers Bullpen>>>>>>>>>>>>Rangers bullpen. Tigers starting pitching>>>>>>>>>>>>Rangers starting pitching. Rangers have the edge on offense, but pitching wins in the postseason. Plus, the Tigers bats aren't chop liver. Tigers in 5-6 games.

no

Spursfan092120
10-06-2011, 10:52 PM
no

Exactly..this is the genius who called this one..

Phillies in a sweep.:toast

TIMMYtoZO
10-06-2011, 10:57 PM
no

When the Tigers take the ALCS, I am going to really rub it in.

stretch
10-06-2011, 11:00 PM
When the Tigers take the ALCS, I am going to really rub it in.

you need to be more worried about your phillies blowing ass

Monostradamus
10-06-2011, 11:01 PM
Detroit has owned Texas the past few years, hopefully that turns around.

Trainwreck2100
10-06-2011, 11:02 PM
i don't know karma's already been fucked with

TIMMYtoZO
10-06-2011, 11:03 PM
you need to be more worried about your phillies blowing ass

My Phillies are winning the world series. I was wrong on the sweep, but no one is closing them out. Not this team. Too talented and too mentally tough.

Texas Chili Dog
10-06-2011, 11:06 PM
My Phillies are winning the world series. I was wrong on the sweep, but no one is closing them out. Not this team. Too talented and too mentally tough.

The Heat were too talented as well. :lol

Spursfan092120
10-06-2011, 11:09 PM

Oh, and FUCK Ryan Howard. I hate that piece of shit. He is a playoff choker.

Too mentally tough? Playoff choker? Make up your mind. Phillies are going down.

TIMMYtoZO
10-06-2011, 11:20 PM
Too mentally tough? Playoff choker? Make up your mind. Phillies are going down.

Wow. You need to read better. I always have said Howard is a choker, but I did say guys like Utley and Pence will mask it. Howard is the only weak link, but that is it, and it won't cost the Phillies the season.

Axe Murderer
10-06-2011, 11:24 PM
god i hope the Phillies lose tomorrow

Spursfan092120
10-06-2011, 11:25 PM
Wow. You need to read better. I always have said Howard is a choker, but I did say guys like Utley and Pence will mask it. Howard is the only weak link, but that is it, and it won't cost the Phillies the season.

Going.....the fuck.....down.

Axe Murderer
10-06-2011, 11:31 PM
is it just me or does it seem like MLB on TBS completely copied NBA on TNT? They even have the "going hunting" segment instead of the "going fishing" one on TNT

Spursfan092120
10-06-2011, 11:42 PM
is it just me or does it seem like MLB on TBS completely copied NBA on TNT? They even have the "going hunting" segment instead of the "going fishing" one on TNT

noticed that too...pretty blatant, if you ask me.

Jacob1983
10-06-2011, 11:43 PM
I hope the Phillies go down in game 5 too. I just hope the Rangers win at least a game. I hope they beat the Tigers but the recent regular season struggles against the Tigers would worry me. I'd love for them to beat the Tigers and successfully defend their AL pennant but I'm just worried that maybe DFW was already blessed this year with the Mavs. How many miracles can a city have in a year?

Axe Murderer
10-06-2011, 11:47 PM
I hope the Phillies go down in game 5 too. I just hope the Rangers win at least a game. I hope they beat the Tigers but the recent regular season struggles against the Tigers would worry me. I'd love for them to beat the Tigers and successfully defend their AL pennant but I'm just worried that maybe DFW was already blessed this year with the Mavs. How many miracles can a city have in a year?

:worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy:

Jacob1983
10-06-2011, 11:55 PM
If Rangers do pull off this miracle and get back to the World Series, would this be the best year in DFW sports history?

JamStone
10-06-2011, 11:56 PM
this is the true thread

do NOT fuck with this when its working. consider this your warning. you know who you are.

Rangers in 5

Wow, in 5? Rangers can win the series, but in 5? With Verlander set up to pitch game 1 (and thereby game 5)? And with all those lefty starters against a predominantly right handed hitting Detroit line-up. 5?

Shrugs. Ok.

stretch
10-06-2011, 11:58 PM
regular season and playoffs are two different things

Lakers owned the Mavs regular season

we all saw what happened come playoff time

the better team will win, regardless of what happened in the regular season. again, i'm not nearly as worred, as the Rangers were 2-6 against the Tigers this year, with 4 of the losses being only 1 run, and in all 4 of those games, either Beltre or Hambone were out. having those guys in the lineup could possibly be the difference between 2-6 and 6-2.

also, Colby and Holland both >>>>>>>>>>>> what they were earlier this season. if they keep that trend going, I definitely like their chances. Pretty much everything here on out is going to be on what Colby and Holland can do. If at least one of them can give a good performance in their cycle of starts, Rangers should do good. if both of them pitch well, there is no excuse for the Rangers to not win every series. Of course, we will just have to wait and see if thats the case, but I feel pretty good so far.

However, as good as Napoli, Genrty, and Beltre have been so far, Young, Cruz, and Hambone all need to step up. But I guess that's the beauty of the Rangers... there really isn't a truly weak link in the lineup. Cruz has probably been the weakest link; but we all know how deadly he can be. It would be really nice to wake him up, as it seems he frequently comes up to bat with guys on base, and just strikes the fuck out.

HomerFan092120
10-06-2011, 11:59 PM
Wow, in 5? Rangers can win the series, but in 5? With Verlander set up to pitch game 1 (and thereby game 5)? And with all those lefty starters against a predominantly right handed hitting Detroit line-up. 5?

Shrugs. Ok.

Yeah seriously.....i was thinking the same thing........how anyone has this as anything but a Rangers sweep is beyond me......

Verlander>CJ?? are you guys nuts? I would take Wilson, Lewis, Holland Harrison, hell even Perez over Verlander right now! This series isn't even gonna be close......Rangers.....team of destiny....has a nice ring to it doesn't it?......after our extreme drought it's our God given right to win the whole damn thing.....we're the only team that deserves it.....

Texas Chili Dog
10-07-2011, 12:01 AM
I was looking up Verlander's splits and noticed he has somehow never pitched at Rangers Ballpark. And his start vs Texas in April was the only one of his career? Is that right? Doesn't seem possible. But that's what I saw.

stretch
10-07-2011, 12:02 AM

Shrugs. Ok.

well, my head says it goes 6 at least, if not 7. i see the same things you mentioned, and know that the Rangers over the past few years have struggled against Detroit. but I have a gut feeling they are going to play suprisingly well, and pretty much hand Detroit their ass.

again, logically, the series goes 6 or 7, potentially either team winning. this is just my gut feeling.

Spursfan092120
10-07-2011, 12:03 AM
Yeah seriously.....i was thinking the same thing........how anyone has this as anything but a Rangers sweep is beyond me......

Verlander>CJ?? are you guys nuts? I would take Wilson, Lewis, Holland Harrison, hell even Perez over Verlander right now! This series isn't even gonna be close......Rangers.....team of destiny....has a nice ring to it doesn't it?......after our extreme drought it's our God given right to win the whole damn thing.....we're the only team that deserves it.....

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-NU_WMhF5-Nc/TV6RFMWDAYI/AAAAAAAAAHQ/W0Yj6HhEkZk/s1600/fail-boat.jpg

stretch
10-07-2011, 12:05 AM
I will say... I wonder if there is any chance Wash puts Ogando back in the lineup, to match up with all the right-handed hitters... but if he does, who does he pull out?

i doubt he does though, probably better to not mess with what is currently working...

Axe Murderer
10-07-2011, 12:10 AM
I was looking up Verlander's splits and noticed he has somehow never pitched at Rangers Ballpark. And his start vs Texas in April was the only one of his career? Is that right? Doesn't seem possible. But that's what I saw.

:lol that's not true at all. although the above would be true if it was only this season.

Axe Murderer
10-07-2011, 12:11 AM
I will say... I wonder if there is any chance Wash puts Ogando back in the lineup, to match up with all the right-handed hitters... but if he does, who does he pull out?

i doubt he does though, probably better to not mess with what is currently working...

Wash already said that Ogando would remain in the bullpen

stretch
10-07-2011, 12:14 AM
Wash already said that Ogando would remain in the bullpen

cant blame him

but it is interesting how good Ogando actually was against them, as JamStone said. 3-0 record, only gave up 3 ER, and a WHIP of .90

Texas Chili Dog
10-07-2011, 12:16 AM
:lol that's not true at all. although the above would be true if it was only this season.

damnit, I was on baseball reference, and thought I clicked career splits. Apparently it was for only this year. I was gonna say....

wow Verlander's numbers are filthy at our ballpark.

Axe Murderer
10-07-2011, 12:17 AM
i remember Ogando outpitched him in Detroit and the Rangers won 2-0 this season and we were lucky enough to dodge him the other two series.

i also remember facing him in his first year, when he was unknown, and he shut us down

lefty
10-07-2011, 08:55 AM
Go Rangeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeers

DarkReign
10-07-2011, 09:14 AM
Go Rangeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeers

Attached to the next bandwagon, I see?

Cowboys fan, too?

lefty
10-07-2011, 09:31 AM
Attached to the next bandwagon, I see?

Cowboys fan, too?
I jinx teams - for free

Viva Las Espuelas
10-07-2011, 11:02 AM
Rangers in 5. Beltre found his big bat, CJ always comes back gangbusters after he has a terrible outing, which he did last time, and Nelly is due. He needs to wake up. Also, I want our bats to shut down Papa Grande. Should be a good one.

Axe Murderer
10-07-2011, 11:06 AM
some people really undervaluing Detroit imho

can't see anyway this doesn't go atleast 6

bdubya
10-07-2011, 12:22 PM
Tigers. 6.

Fpoonsie
10-07-2011, 03:12 PM
Astute analysis.

Bill_Brasky
10-07-2011, 03:30 PM
I jinx teams - for free

Fuckin lefty.......

JamStone
10-07-2011, 06:40 PM
http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.ssf/2011/10/tigers_jime_leyland_announces.html

Jim Leyland announced his rotation for the series, but then later changed it. Now, it looks this way:

game 1: Justin Verlander
game 2: Max Scherzer
game 3: Doug Fister
game 4: Rick Porcello

Had he kept it the way he initially announced, Porcello (who has been less than stellar and particularly inconsistent) would have pitched both game 2 and game 6 on the road in Arlington. Scherzer obviously showed up against the Yankees and has confidence right now, but since he pitched a little more than an inning yesterday (33 pitches), he'll be going on short rest Sunday. Verlander did the same thing after the game 1 rainout and pitched fine. Either way, I think Leyland was going to take a gamble. But this way, even if Scherzer doesn't pitch well in game 2, I think Leyland prefers having Scherzer pitch game 6 if necessary over the young and inconsistent Porcello.

Trainwreck2100
10-07-2011, 07:04 PM
http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.ssf/2011/10/tigers_jime_leyland_announces.html

Jim Leyland announced his rotation for the series, but then later changed it. Now, it looks this way:

Had he kept it the way he initially announced, Porcello (who has been less than stellar and particularly inconsistent) would have pitched both game 2 and game 6 on the road in Arlington. Scherzer obviously showed up against the Yankees and has confidence right now, but since he pitched a little more than an inning yesterday (33 pitches), he'll be going on short rest Sunday. Verlander did the same thing after the game 1 rainout and pitched fine. Either way, I think Leyland was going to take a gamble. But this way, even if Scherzer doesn't pitch well in game 2, I think Leyland prefers having Scherzer pitch game 6 if necessary over the young and inconsistent Porcello.

Now that his confidence is gone we can give game 4 to the Rangers then right?

ChuckD
10-07-2011, 07:12 PM

33 in game pitches is really the equivalent of a side session, which Scherzer would have thrown anyway. TBH, he worries me as much as Porcello, although he has the ability to be something that RP doesn't: great. He's going to befuddle Texas, or throw gas on the fire, depending on the consistency of his mechanics. If Scherzer is good (stays on TOP of his slider), Detroit wins, no questions asked. I just don't see the Rangers overcoming 6 potential starts of JV, Fister, and an effective Scherzer. If he sucks, it's going to be tough to take them out.

Mel_13
10-08-2011, 10:39 AM
Tigers in 7.

Monostradamus
10-08-2011, 11:09 AM

YK4ThkJKqMo

Axe Murderer
10-08-2011, 01:09 PM
Jacob1983 if you wish to join the Lefty Crew please write a paragraph in the baseball forum before the playoffs are over explaining how cool it would be for the Rangers to win it all or talk about how sad you are that they lost

Hope to hear from you soon :toast

JamStone
10-08-2011, 02:29 PM
http://espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs/2011/story/_/id/7075050/2011-alcs-detroit-tigers-delmon-young-al-championship-series-vs-texas-rangers

Delmon Young out for the ALCS with oblique injury. Not even on the roster.

Delmon was the Tigers' best hitter in the ALDS against the Yankees. He should be a big loss for the Tigers, and will put more pressure on Cabrera and Victor Martinez to provide consistent offense every game. Maggs will probably move into the 3 spot and he has hit fairly well over the past month. Ryan Raburn is expected to fill in at LF and has also hit the ball well in the second half of the season. It helps that the Rangers have left handed starting pitching because both guys would likely struggle against good RHP. But the loss of Young still is big for the series.

Fpoonsie
10-08-2011, 03:39 PM
Terribly excited for this game. This day has the potential to be an amazing (or devastating) sports day. So far, I'm 1/3 with 2 to go.

ChuckD
10-08-2011, 06:52 PM
Damn. It's going to rain. Hopefully, it moves thru quickly.

Spursfan092120
10-08-2011, 08:38 PM
http://espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs/2011/story/_/id/7075050/2011-alcs-detroit-tigers-delmon-young-al-championship-series-vs-texas-rangers

Delmon Young out for the ALCS with oblique injury. Not even on the roster.

Delmon was the Tigers' best hitter in the ALDS against the Yankees. He should be a big loss for the Tigers, and will put more pressure on Cabrera and Victor Martinez to provide consistent offense every game. Maggs will probably move into the 3 spot and he has hit fairly well over the past month. Ryan Raburn is expected to fill in at LF and has also hit the ball well in the second half of the season. It helps that the Rangers have left handed starting pitching because both guys would likely struggle against good RHP. But the loss of Young still is big for the series.

I figured that was coming...obliques are a bitch.

Fpoonsie
10-08-2011, 08:40 PM
Switchin back and forth between games.

Rangers looking GREAT so far.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
10-08-2011, 08:48 PM
They do.

The strike zone? Not so much.

Aren't you guys supposed to be in a drought?

Spursfan092120
10-08-2011, 08:49 PM
They do.

No shit...of course it's got to pick today to rain. It hasn't rained where I'm at in forever. Supposed to rain even harder tomorrow.

baseline bum
10-08-2011, 09:34 PM
Wow, this delay has really fucked the Rangers.

baseline bum
10-08-2011, 09:36 PM
They do.

LOL, this last week or so is about all the rain Texas has seen since February practically.

Fpoonsie
10-08-2011, 09:39 PM
Wow, this delay has really fucked the Rangers.

Yeah, no shit. Seems like CJ can get outta tha "zone" just as easily as he can get in it.

TIMMYtoZO
10-08-2011, 09:57 PM
Looks like the Tigers have finally woke up. They will take game 1 and Ranger fans will be miserable. You fuckers will be joining the rest of us by late next week. :lol

Spursfan092120
10-08-2011, 10:07 PM
Looks like the Tigers have finally woke up. They will take game 1 and Ranger fans will be miserable. You fuckers will be joining the rest of us by late next week. :lol

Nope..cause we actually beat a team that won a playoff spot in the last game of the season. And won our Division Series. Even if we lose this series, we still won't be as disappointing as your Phillies. Thanks for playing, though.

:lol best record in the Majors knocked out by a team who only made it into the playoffs because of a HUGE collapse.

Fpoonsie
10-08-2011, 10:12 PM
So, seeing as how I'm a rook when it comes to the ins-and-outs of baseball, how long until the ump decides to call it for good?

Amarelooms
10-08-2011, 10:46 PM
Fuckin Kinsler being lazy...make the throw asshole...don't show boat in the 5th

:elephant

Fpoonsie
10-08-2011, 11:11 PM
I'm sure Nap appreciates the support, but I wonder if this chant is hurtin more than helpin him...

Spursfan092120
10-08-2011, 11:16 PM
Hopefully Ogando keeps it in beast mode.

Amarelooms
10-08-2011, 11:34 PM
^^ fuck off dummy :elephant

Spursfan092120
10-08-2011, 11:37 PM
Not understanding why we didn't keep Ogando out there for the 8th...he was killing em. Not like he couldn't go another inning. Oliver always scares me.

Spursfan092120
10-08-2011, 11:40 PM
Come on Adams..finish this off...Let's send this to Feliz...

Spursfan092120
10-08-2011, 11:46 PM
3 more mfing outs!!!

Amarelooms
10-08-2011, 11:47 PM
Come on Adams..finish this off...Let's send this to Feliz...

Rather have Adams try and finish it...Feliz scares me in 1 run games...we know his ass gonna walk people and make it interesting

Amarelooms
10-08-2011, 11:52 PM
3-4-5 hitters been COMPLETE SHIT...you fucks better get right quick

Spursfan092120
10-08-2011, 11:55 PM
Rather have Adams try and finish it...Feliz scares me in 1 run games...we know his ass gonna walk people and make it interesting

Adams scares me even more, tbh...I like Feliz to finish this thing. Besides, we can't tell Feliz we don't want him closing this game out...it will show lack of trust..the last thing he needs right now.

Fpoonsie
10-08-2011, 11:56 PM
Fuck.

Spursfan092120
10-08-2011, 11:57 PM
FUCK...BUNT...come on Feliz..

Amarelooms
Fuck you Feliz....never does a 1-2-3 inning....

Spursfan092120
He's trying for the fences...come on Feliz.

Spursfan092120
10-08-2011, 11:58 PM
Fuck you Feliz....never does a 1-2-3 inning....

Come on..he couldn't have done shit about that bunt.

Spursfan092120
10-09-2011, 12:00 AM
Feliz is on target right now...

Spursfan092120
10-09-2011, 12:00 AM
One MORE!!!

Spursfan092120
10-09-2011, 12:01 AM
101 mph? Fucking serious?

Spursfan092120
10-09-2011, 12:01 AM
Keep Cabrera's fat ass in that fucking circle.

Spursfan092120
10-09-2011, 12:04 AM
FUCK yeah....one down..3 to go...This was the one I was worried about too, with Verlander starting...FUCK yeah...

Fpoonsie
10-09-2011, 12:04 AM
GotDAMN, Nefty!

:wow

Spursfan092120
10-09-2011, 12:05 AM

Thanks for another jinx post. Last night you fucked your own team, tonight you helped ours. Rangers fans really appreciate it.

But seriously...has anyone seen as much fail as this guy over the past two days? It's almost sad.

Dex
10-09-2011, 12:16 AM
Damn, that game took for-fucking-ever.

JamStone
10-09-2011, 12:28 AM
I'm so fucking tired staying up to watch that game after the long delays. I'm drained.

Wasn't a particularly exciting game. Not much offense. Verlander wasn't sharp. I think Murphy lucked into that triple a little bit. It looked like he was just guessing and hoping, but it was enough to lead to two runs. And Verlander once again showed frustration at the strike zone and left that fastball up right where Cruz could crush it. That first inning jam CJ Wilson got out of giving up no runs was pretty big imo. Cabrera and Victor really need to make an impact offensively for the Tigers to have a chance. New game tomorrow, hopefully they do.

Good game, Rangers. Let's do it again, tomorrow.

Viva Las Espuelas
10-09-2011, 01:31 AM

lol
cliff lee lol
i hope him and his wife are enjoying that famous philly off-season weather :toast

Texas Chili Dog
10-09-2011, 01:54 AM
I'm finally on the board. Now 1-4 when attending a Rangers playoff game.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/22/Feels_good_man_2.jpg

It never rains in Texas, so wtf was this shit about?! Of course it chooses tonight to rain. Lame. But I have been through a 3.5 hour rain delay at Yankee Stadium (2008, last season of the old one), so this was nothing.

Mal
10-09-2011, 08:03 AM
Why Ogando got W ?

Monostradamus
10-09-2011, 09:27 AM
Why Ogando got W ?

CJ didn't go enough innings, after that it's the scorekeeper's choice as to whether Gonzalez or Ogando gets the win.

Spursfan092120
10-09-2011, 10:15 AM
I'm so fucking tired staying up to watch that game after the long delays. I'm drained.

Wasn't a particularly exciting game. Not much offense. Verlander wasn't sharp. I think Murphy lucked into that triple a little bit. It looked like he was just guessing and hoping, but it was enough to lead to two runs. And Verlander once again showed frustration at the strike zone and left that fastball up right where Cruz could crush it. That first inning jam CJ Wilson got out of giving up no runs was pretty big imo. Cabrera and Victor really need to make an impact offensively for the Tigers to have a chance. New game tomorrow, hopefully they do.

Good game, Rangers. Let's do it again, tomorrow.

Definitely a good game. I was thinking for sure we'd lose this one. Verlander starting, Wilson had one of his worst starts in a while..thank goodness our defense was on. I'm drained also..feel like I was playing in the game myself.

Spursfan092120
10-09-2011, 10:39 AM
Love that Gonzalez is getting some love. After what he's done with left handed hitters this year, and in the playoffs, he's earned it. Best bullpen in the league.

Mike Gonzalez trade keeps paying dividends
October, 9, 2011
OCT 9
1:38
AM CT
By Richard Durrett
ARLINGTON, Texas -- No matter what kind of career pitcher Pedro Strop has, the trade for LHP Mike Gonzalez at the August deadline was worth it.

Why? Because you trade a prospect for a player who can impact games late when they matter most. And once again, in Game 1 of the ALCS, Gonzalez was a huge factor in the outcome.

Gonzalez, obtained from Baltimore on Aug. 31, came in with the bases loaded and two outs in the fifth inning to face left-handed hitting Alex Avila. The situation arrived after the second rain delay and Gonzalez was told to get ready about 10 minutes before the game was set to resume.

"That's more than enough time," Gonzalez said.

He warmed up and then threw just two pitches to Avila, getting him to ground out. Gonzalez was clearly fired up and celebrated with his teammates in the dugout moments later.

"The game is right there," Gonzalez said. "It's within one run and the guy gets a knock and you're down by two or three. It's something where you either go up or down. I was feeling pretty good. The energy shifted our way. That's always good."

It's the second time this postseason that Gonzalez has come in to get a critical left-handed hitter out in a big situation. He retired Johnny Damon on three pitches, striking him out in the eighth in Game 3 of the ALDS.

"Coming in here, I understood what I'd be going to be brought in for and that's to get that big lefty," Gonzalez said. "It's situational. You know you're a piece of that puzzle and that's what I have to do."

Washington said before the rain came that starter C.J. Wilson would have pitched to Avila as his final batter of his start.

"But the rain stopped it, so we come back and we brought out Gonzalez," Washington said.

From that point forward, Washington set up the bullpen the way he wanted with Alexi Ogando for the sixth and seventh, Darren Oliver for two lefties to start the eighth, Mike Adams for the final batter of the eighth and closer Neftali Feliz for the ninth.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/texas-rangers/post/_/id/4873376/mike-gonzalez-trade-keeps-paying-dividends

Texas Chili Dog
10-09-2011, 11:31 AM
More bad weather coming. Probably looking at another rain delay or several. I have my doubts whether Game 2 will be played tonight.

Axe Murderer
10-09-2011, 12:33 PM
solid job by the bullpen to get the win and survive verlander.

Axe Murderer
10-09-2011, 12:34 PM
More bad weather coming. Probably looking at another rain delay or several. I have my doubts whether Game 2 will be played tonight.

Looks like you might be right.

Just checked the forecast and it looks like it will be slow, steady, all day kind of rain which is usually what cancels these games.

adrienne
10-09-2011, 01:14 PM
I was looking forward to hanging out at home watching the game tonight. I hope it clears up.

Texas Chili Dog
10-09-2011, 03:28 PM
Game 2 postponed til tomorrow afternoon. blah

Also, Magglio Ordonez is out for the playoffs. When did he get injured?

Spursfan092120
10-09-2011, 03:32 PM

His ankle is still bugging him from last season when he broke it.

ChuckD
10-09-2011, 09:39 PM

Ridiculous. Don't they have animated radar access? It was obviously going to clear at game time. Now, they don't even get a travel day, and the game is on when I'm at work.

Texas Chili Dog
10-09-2011, 09:49 PM
Tigers say they will not move Verlander up to Game 4 and he will start Game 5 as scheduled. Great news.

Spursfan092120
10-09-2011, 11:19 PM
Tigers say they will not move Verlander up to Game 4 and he will start Game 5 as scheduled. Great news.

Here's hoping it's over by then. :toast

DarkReign
10-10-2011, 10:37 AM
Young returns to Tigers lineup.

http://www.detnews.com/article/20111010/SPORTS0104/110100392/Young-returns-to-Tigers%E2%80%99-playoff-roster

stretch
10-10-2011, 10:43 AM
Young returns to Tigers lineup.

http://www.detnews.com/article/20111010/SPORTS0104/110100392/Young-returns-to-Tigers%E2%80%99-playoff-roster

hopefully hes doing well, as i hate to see injury screw things up, but returning to the lineup, and returning to the roster are different things.

the fact that he was only put back on because they pulled Ordonez off says to me that he is still a longshot to be a lineup guy, as opposed to maybe pinch hitting late in a game.

i could be wrong though.

DarkReign
10-10-2011, 11:27 AM
hopefully hes doing well, as i hate to see injury screw things up, but returning to the lineup, and returning to the roster are different things.

the fact that he was only put back on because they pulled Ordonez off says to me that he is still a longshot to be a lineup guy, as opposed to maybe pinch hitting late in a game.

i could be wrong though.

Didnt think about it that way. Youre probably accurate with the assumption.

stretch
10-10-2011, 11:36 AM
Didnt think about it that way. Youre probably accurate with the assumption.

Apparently I wasn't, lol. Just heard on the radio he will be starting at LF, batting 3rd.

stretch
10-10-2011, 03:05 PM
almost gametime...

Fpoonsie
10-10-2011, 03:13 PM
Funny bit on the Dutch Stache.

That thing's fucking disgusting.

Fpoonsie
10-10-2011, 03:26 PM
Well, fuck. Not a great start for Derek.

Fpoonsie
10-10-2011, 03:34 PM
Shew.

Hopefully, that calms Holland down a bit.

stretch
10-10-2011, 03:36 PM
good job dutch

Dex
10-10-2011, 03:36 PM
Dumb time for a playoff game. I guess the kids who are out of school can watch, at least.

Holland got himself out of a bind in the top of the first.

stretch
10-10-2011, 03:39 PM
Dumb time for a playoff game. I guess the kids who are out of school can watch, at least.

Holland got himself out of a bind in the top of the first.

dumb indeed, but they got pretty fortunate that its a holiday, so a lot of people are off work and can still catch it.

stretch
10-10-2011, 03:40 PM
hambone

stretch
10-10-2011, 03:42 PM
starting to wonder if Michael is a bit of a playoff choker...

stretch
10-10-2011, 03:44 PM
beltre

Dex
10-10-2011, 03:44 PM
Texas starting strong.

Fpoonsie
10-10-2011, 03:47 PM
Still, wondering if Naps gets the Manu "M-V-P" chant jitters.

Fpoonsie
10-10-2011, 03:54 PM
C'mon, Derek. Jesus.

stretch
10-10-2011, 04:00 PM
Wtf

Veterinarian.
10-10-2011, 04:01 PM
Damn Derek, let's see him get out of this jam...

stretch
10-10-2011, 04:01 PM
Whew!

Veterinarian.
10-10-2011, 04:02 PM
This defense>

Dex
10-10-2011, 04:12 PM
Great, workin' with a blind ump today.

Bill_Brasky
10-10-2011, 04:17 PM
That wasnt even close....changed the whole inning imho

Trainwreck2100
10-10-2011, 04:26 PM
that was a clusterfuck

Trainwreck2100
10-10-2011, 04:27 PM
that idiot started limping

Texas Chili Dog
10-10-2011, 04:30 PM
that idiot started limping

Turns out to be good for the Rangers. He sold the wrong thing. :lol

clambake
10-10-2011, 04:31 PM
can a batter move his foot out of the box? his foot was behind the plate.

Texas Chili Dog
10-10-2011, 04:31 PM
fuck.........

stretch
10-10-2011, 04:32 PM
holland

go choke on a dick

stretch
10-10-2011, 04:33 PM
omg

GET HIM THE FUCK OUT

stretch
10-10-2011, 04:34 PM
let feldman and ogando get them through the 7th

Fpoonsie
10-10-2011, 04:36 PM
:depressed

I suppose the Rangers have done ok against Scherzer (sp?) thus far, but for FUCK'S sake. That nonsense wasn't necessary at all.

Trainwreck2100
10-10-2011, 04:39 PM
lol he scored anyway the baseball gods ruled that he wasn't hit in the leg

stretch
10-10-2011, 04:44 PM
if the Rangers get to the World Series, they might need to seriously consider starting Ogando instead of Holland...

stretch
10-10-2011, 04:51 PM
or they just need to be quicker to pull the trigger if he is having trouble and plug Feldman in

Texas Chili Dog
10-10-2011, 05:06 PM
omg Moreland just pulled a Bill Buckner. :bang

stretch
10-10-2011, 05:06 PM
groan

mitch

Dex
10-10-2011, 05:09 PM
Nice stop....not.

Texas Chili Dog
10-10-2011, 05:14 PM
is this ump serious?!?!

Bill_Brasky
10-10-2011, 05:16 PM
Fuck this ump

Fpoonsie
10-10-2011, 05:24 PM
Has TX gotten this fucking wide a strike zone, too??

Texas Chili Dog
10-10-2011, 05:28 PM
All of those high pitches thrown by Holland that resulted in walks were closer to the strike zone than those wide ones thrown by Scherzer.

Fpoonsie
10-10-2011, 05:44 PM
Fuck. Missed a golden opp there.

Texas Chili Dog
10-10-2011, 05:51 PM
damn we needed a run in that inning. Feldman is keeping us in this game.

Fpoonsie
10-10-2011, 05:53 PM
The end of TX's lineup has shown the ability to get hits. Sure wish they'd step up.

And for FUCK'S sake, STOP CHANTING NA-PO-LI!

Texas Chili Dog
10-10-2011, 05:54 PM
The end of TX's lineup has shown the ability to get hits. Sure wish they'd step up.

And for FUCK'S sake, STOP CHANTING NA-PO-LI!

yeah that needs top stop while he is batting. I have no problem with it if he just got a hit or something.

Texas Chili Dog
10-10-2011, 05:57 PM
Boomstick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fpoonsie
10-10-2011, 05:57 PM
Nellie!

Texas Chili Dog
10-10-2011, 05:58 PM
fuck yes fuck yes FUCK YES

Fpoonsie
10-10-2011, 05:58 PM
I have no problem with it if he just got a hit or something.

Yeah, same here. They keep chanting. He gets down in the count. They trail off. They come back once the count evens. It's GOTTA throw him off.

Texas Chili Dog
10-10-2011, 06:10 PM
fuck I thought Kinsler got that one.

Fpoonsie
10-10-2011, 06:20 PM
Yeah. That was the loudest fly ball out I've heard in aWHILE, from the crack to the crowd noise.

Fpoonsie
10-10-2011, 06:21 PM
Ogando solid.

Texas Chili Dog
10-10-2011, 06:21 PM
Ogando is a huge weapon for us. Now we need to get a run here with the meat of the order coming up. They didn't get it done in the 6th, but now is their second chance.

Fpoonsie
10-10-2011, 06:27 PM
Ugh.

Texas Chili Dog
10-10-2011, 06:27 PM
well FUCK, huge rally killer

Fpoonsie
10-10-2011, 06:28 PM
Would love to see Mike do something here to get this ever-growing postseason chip off his shoulder...

Fpoonsie
10-10-2011, 06:29 PM
Goddammit.

Texas Chili Dog
10-10-2011, 06:30 PM
Need a quick inning so we don't have to face the heart of the order.

Amarelooms
10-10-2011, 06:31 PM
Why doesn't this fool Washington NEVER BUNT RUNNERS OVER. I don't care...I would have made Hamilton bunt....COME ON..>JUST NEED ONE RUN

Texas Chili Dog
10-10-2011, 06:39 PM
FUCK! should have left Ogando in. FUCKFUCK

Viva Las Espuelas
10-10-2011, 06:42 PM
FUCK! should have left Ogando in. FUCKFUCK

yep

Viva Las Espuelas
10-10-2011, 06:42 PM
i can't believe they're walking this bastard

Viva Las Espuelas
10-10-2011, 06:43 PM
if we lose, we deserve it.

ducks
10-10-2011, 06:43 PM
this should be fun at bat

ducks
10-10-2011, 06:44 PM
i can't believe they're walking this bastard

you can not let him beat you
guy is on 3 and second already
makes sence
just can not get behind the next batter

Texas Chili Dog
10-10-2011, 06:47 PM
I almost had a seizure on that Andrus catch. No question about it, we have GOT to end it in the 9th.

Texas Chili Dog
10-10-2011, 06:49 PM
FUCK how did that not get out?!?! OMG

Veterinarian.
10-10-2011, 06:51 PM
Boomstick walk off!

Veterinarian.
10-10-2011, 06:52 PM
Fuck!

Texas Chili Dog
10-10-2011, 06:53 PM
Bases loaded no outs. Has to end now. Has to.

Veterinarian.
10-10-2011, 06:53 PM
Murph cmon

Veterinarian.
10-10-2011, 06:54 PM
Lol beltre, don't try that shit

Texas Chili Dog
10-10-2011, 06:57 PM
oh fuck you've gotta be shitting me!

Veterinarian.
Are you fuckibg kidding me?!?

Veterinarian.
Fuck!

Veterinarian.
10-10-2011, 06:58 PM
Both teams with bases loaded in the 9th and then can't get a hit for shit :lol

Fpoonsie
Fuck you, moreland.

Texas Chili Dog
Fuck that left field wall. Fuck it so hard.

TIMMYtoZO
:rollin:rollin@ The Rangers. Had the bases loaded with 0 outs and they failed. Hahahahahahahahahahahaha! BTW Valverde is a fucking stud.

Viva Las Espuelas
dammit. i thought beltre's ball was out of there.

Amarelooms
Wash losing the game...PINCH RUN FOR BELTRE WITH SPEED...COULD HAVE WON IT
!!!!!!!!!!!!

Texas Chili Dog
10-10-2011, 06:59 PM
Both teams with bases loaded in the 9th and then can't get a hit for shit :lol

The sad thing is you don't even need a hit. Just a fly ball that is deep enough. :bang

Viva Las Espuelas
cliff lee l:loll
him and his wife enjoying that philly weather l:loll

Fpoonsie
Bases loaded no outs. Has to end now. Has to.

TCD, w/ the lefty-esque jinx.

Viva Las Espuelas
10-10-2011, 07:00 PM
Wash losing the game...PINCH RUN FOR BELTRE WITH SPEED...COULD HAVE WON IT
!!!!!!!!!!!!

should've put in gentry

TIMMYtoZO
10-10-2011, 07:01 PM
Hell yes runner on 1st! Lets go Tigers!

TIMMYtoZO
10-10-2011, 07:02 PM
Rangers couldn't hold on to a 2-0 lead, and they couldn't do shit with a no out bases loaded situation. That is comedy! :lol

TIMMYtoZO
10-10-2011, 07:04 PM
Rayburn at 2nd! A basehit wins it here. Valverde will be pitching in the bottom of the 10th.

TIMMYtoZO
10-10-2011, 07:05 PM
God damn it I thought that was a basehit! Fuck!:bang

TIMMYtoZO
10-10-2011, 07:06 PM
Comon Dirks! Please get a walk or a basehit! Please!

Veterinarian.
10-10-2011, 07:06 PM
Andrus clutch as fuck

Veterinarian.
10-10-2011, 07:07 PM
Comon Dirks! Please get a walk or a basehit! Please!

:lol phillies

Fpoonsie
10-10-2011, 07:08 PM
:lol overpayed avatar getting lit up

TIMMYtoZO
10-10-2011, 07:09 PM
:lol phillies

What do the Phillies have to do with the rangers choking in the ALCS? :lol

TIMMYtoZO
10-10-2011, 07:09 PM
:lol overpayed avatar getting lit up

:lol going to lose game 2 and the ALCS

Veterinarian.
10-10-2011, 07:10 PM
They're still in position to win dipshit

They definitely didnt choke like your shit team :lol

TIMMYtoZO
10-10-2011, 07:11 PM
They're still in position to win dipshit

They definitely didnt choke like your shit team :lol

They won't win game 2 or this series. The Tigers are a better team.:lol

TIMMYtoZO
10-10-2011, 07:12 PM
Valverde is a fucking boss!

Veterinarian.
10-10-2011, 07:13 PM
Lol just like the heat were a better team?
And the phillies?
And giants?

:lol your credibility ain't shit

TIMMYtoZO
10-10-2011, 07:14 PM
Lol just like the heat were a better team?
And the phillies?
And giants?

:lol your credibility ain't shit

:lol 2 outs. Valverde is shitting all over your bats.

TIMMYtoZO
10-10-2011, 07:15 PM
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha Hamilton! Valverde is a fucking stud! :lol

TIMMYtoZO
10-10-2011, 07:17 PM
Oh and :lmao@ Vet a Spurs,Rangers, and probably Cowboys fan talking about recent credibility.

Texas Chili Dog
10-10-2011, 07:19 PM
Oh and :lmao@ Vet a Spurs,Rangers, and probably Cowboys fan talking about recent credibility.

At least all those teams are in the same state.

Veterinarian.
10-10-2011, 07:21 PM

Tbh this is my replacement account. My other names were MavDynasty and Lincoln you dipshit

Mavs, cowboys, rangers

TIMMYtoZO
10-10-2011, 07:24 PM
Tbh this is my replacement account. My other names were MavDynasty and Lincoln you dipshit

Mavs, cowboys, rangers

I didn't even know those names even existed. :lmao@ you getting all mad.

TIMMYtoZO
10-10-2011, 07:27 PM
basehit!!!!

TIMMYtoZO
10-10-2011, 07:27 PM
Comon Miguel! End this game! This is your time!

Veterinarian.
10-10-2011, 07:28 PM
Lol bandwagoning onto Detroit cause your shit team got owned :lmao

TIMMYtoZO
10-10-2011, 07:29 PM
I feel a huge basehit or a homerun here. :hungry:

TIMMYtoZO
10-10-2011, 07:30 PM
Lol bandwagoning onto Detroit cause your shit team got owned :lmao
:lmao@ you getting all frustrated and tensed up because your Rangers are gonna lose.

Veterinarian.
10-10-2011, 07:33 PM
Lol not frustrated brah, look at you riding cabreras fat ass though

stretch
10-10-2011, 07:35 PM
even if the Rangers win, its not going to be as sweet as it was if they had won in the past 2 innings. i would have fucking loved to see that shit-talking faggot valverde cry his ass off

Viva Las Espuelas
10-10-2011, 07:37 PM
I feel a huge basehit or a homerun here. :hungry:

could be just gas

Viva Las Espuelas
10-10-2011, 07:38 PM
Nap!!!!!!!

Trainwreck2100
10-10-2011, 07:42 PM

Mavs, cowboys, rangers

:lmao cowboys

Texas Chili Dog
10-10-2011, 07:43 PM
:lol @ Dirks

Dirk Nowitzki is laughing.

Trainwreck2100
10-10-2011, 07:44 PM
he ripped the shit out of that foul ball

Viva Las Espuelas
10-10-2011, 07:45 PM
hell yeah!

Texas Chili Dog
10-10-2011, 07:45 PM
boomstick1!!!!!!!!!!1111

Viva Las Espuelas
10-10-2011, 07:46 PM
Fucking a!!!!!!!!!

Spursfan092120
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha Hamilton! Valverde is a fucking stud! :lol

Ballgame beyotch!!!!

Viva Las Espuelas
timmytozo l:loll

Trainwreck2100
he ripped the shit out of that non foul ball too

Dex
10-10-2011, 07:47 PM
Walk Off Grand Slam! Cruz is a fuggin' badass.

Fpoonsie
Again! CRUUUUUUUUUUUZ!!!!

Spursfan092120
Nelson's bat is back, baby...just in time.

:lol TIMMYtoZO crying
:lol Phillies gone hunting

Spursfan092120
10-10-2011, 07:48 PM
TIMMYtoZO is epic fail, I swear....no way this guy isn't cursed.

Kirk Nowitzki
10-10-2011, 07:48 PM
I thought it was funny how Joe Buck was all like, "The Rangers have never won a postseason game with a walk off" and they win on a walk off slam crofl

Veterinarian.
10-10-2011, 07:50 PM
Boomstick motherfuckers!

Fpoonsie
10-10-2011, 07:50 PM

Mavs, cowboys, rangers

Mind=blown

Veterinarian.
10-10-2011, 07:52 PM
Boomstick walk off!

Called it motherfuckers, 2 innings early

Dex
10-10-2011, 07:55 PM
First Walk Off Grand Slam in postseason history.

Viva Las Espuelas
10-10-2011, 07:56 PM

l:loll

stretch
10-10-2011, 07:58 PM
as awesome as Cruz was, Feldman was the true MVP tonight. he did a great job taking over for Dutch.

Axe Murderer
10-10-2011, 07:59 PM
The plane ride from Arlington to Detroit was so quiet, you could hear a SEASON drop i saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiddddd ddddddddddddddddddddddddd

Viva Las Espuelas
10-10-2011, 08:00 PM
Rangers in 5. Beltre found his big bat, CJ always comes back gangbusters after he has a terrible outing, which he did last time, and Nelly is due. He needs to wake up. Also, I want our bats to shut down Papa Grande. Should be a good one.

Trainwreck2100
10-10-2011, 08:00 PM
joe buck with the great call to end it too.

Texas Chili Dog
10-10-2011, 08:01 PM
as awesome as Cruz was, Feldman was the true MVP tonight. he did a great job taking over for Dutch.

I think Feldman was the MVP up until the walkoff. Feldman kept us in the game and was excellent. But you can't ignore a game tying HR in the 7th and a walk off HR in extras. If it was anybody but Cruz, I'd agree with you.

Trainwreck2100
10-10-2011, 08:02 PM
The plane ride from Arlington to Detroit was so quiet, you could hear a SEASON drop i saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiddddd ddddddddddddddddddddddddd

Plane ride from love field to michigan was so quiet you could hear Verlander starting game 4 i ssssssssssaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiddddd dddddd

Halberto
10-10-2011, 08:02 PM
:toast

Cruz is such a beast

Axe Murderer
10-10-2011, 08:04 PM
Plane ride from love field to michigan was so quiet you could hear Verlander starting game 4 i ssssssssssaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiddddd dddddd

Jim Leyland said otherwise i sssssaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiidddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddddddd

TIMMYtoZO
10-10-2011, 08:06 PM
Big fucking deal. Tigers will do a backdoor sweep. Bullshit doesn't last forever.

lefty
10-10-2011, 08:09 PM
Rangers cant lose the series

We have this shit locked

Tigers might as well forfeit the ALCS

Halberto
10-10-2011, 08:20 PM
Big fucking deal. Tigers will do a backdoor sweep. Bullshit doesn't last forever.

Did the thought, "I've been so wrong already, maybe I should just shut up." ever cross your mind?

Texas Chili Dog
10-10-2011, 08:26 PM
Did the thought, "I've been so wrong already, maybe I should just shut up." ever cross your mind?

Maybe that's exactly why he shouldn't shut up. :lol

Spursfan092120
10-10-2011, 08:40 PM
Tigers Bullpen>>>>>>>>>>>>Rangers bullpen.

Guess I didn't see this one...are you fucking serious?? Somebody hasn't watched baseball this year.

JamStone
10-10-2011, 08:41 PM
Fuck Ryan Perry. Fuck Andy Dirks. Fuck Nelson Cruz. Fuck you Rangers fans.

Thank you. Good night.

Spursfan092120
I'm beginning to think this guy is Rangers fan as a troll...GOTTA be.

Spursfan092120
Fuck Ryan Perry. Fuck Andy Dirks. Fuck Nelson Cruz. Fuck you Rangers fans.

Thank you. Good night.

Much respect, good sir.