PDA

View Full Version : chick fil a appreciation day!

Pages : [1] 2 3

Blake
08-01-2012, 02:03 PM
Supporters of restaurant chain Chick-fil-A, which has come under fire for its president's anti-same-sex marriage stance, are planning a "Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day" on Wednesday.

According to news reports, Christian conservatives have promised to buy the Atlanta-based chain's waffle fries and chicken sandwiches to show their support of President Dan Cathy, who recently told a Baptist publication that he was "guilty as charged" in his support of the "biblical definition" of the family as being between a man and a woman.

The statement sparked a firestorm of criticism from gay marriage supporters and politicians, turning Chick-fil-A into a lightening rod for the debate over same-sex unions.

Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, a Baptist minister, declared Wednesday "Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day" to support a business "whose executives are willing to take a stand for the Godly values." Former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum, who like Huckabee ran for president as a darling of social conservatives, joined the cause along with religious leaders.

"As the son of a dairy farmer who milked many a cow, I plan to `Eat Mor Chikin' and show my support by visiting Chick-fil-A next Wednesday," the Rev. Billy Graham said in a statement last week,referring to the slogan in the company's ads, which feature cows urging people to eat poultry.

People on the other side of the debate are planning to have same-sex kiss-in at some restaurant locations on Friday.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

http://bottomline.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/08/01/13067813-supporters-call-for-chick-fil-a-appreciation-day?lite

Oh, Gee!!
08-01-2012, 02:40 PM
They messed up my order on Saturday, but gave me a free brownie for my troubles.

TeyshaBlue
08-01-2012, 02:58 PM
They messed up my order on Saturday, but gave me a free brownie for my troubles.

You hate teh gays!

Spurminator
08-01-2012, 03:08 PM
Meanwhile the line at those homo-loving hippies Raising Cane's was nice and short today.

TeyshaBlue
08-01-2012, 03:10 PM
Meanwhile the line at those homo-loving hippies Raising Cane's was nice and short today.

I've tried them...dunno...they don't do much for me. Their sauce is good tho.

coyotes_geek
08-01-2012, 03:12 PM
If I were Dan Cathy I'd double down on all this hoopla and make a new policy that CFA stores will not be run under Sharia Law. That oughta get me another appreciation day or two!

TeyshaBlue
08-01-2012, 03:12 PM
:lol:lol

johnsmith
08-01-2012, 03:14 PM
I drove by one today that is normally pretty crowded at lunch. It was fucking ridiculous how many people were in line at the drive thru and how crowded the inside looked.

THe owner should come out about how much he hates black people next. That should get a fair bit of business going too.

MannyIsGod
08-01-2012, 03:37 PM
Oh you hate the gays? Here's more business!

Drachen
08-01-2012, 03:40 PM
If I were Dan Cathy I'd double down on all this hoopla and make a new policy that CFA stores will not be run under Sharia Law. That oughta get me another appreciation day or two!

Nah, I couldn't eat there, they aren't biblical enough. They serve pork and have yet to donate to a foundation which is working to make 2nd marriages illegal.

Clipper Nation
08-01-2012, 03:40 PM
LOL at an appreciation day for a restaurant chain that donated around $5 million solely to anti-LGBT hate groups from 2003 to 2010.... really shows that this country is probably regressing when it comes to equal rights, tbh.....

DisAsTerBot
08-01-2012, 03:44 PM
hooray inequality!!!

TeyshaBlue
08-01-2012, 03:45 PM
LOL at an appreciation day for a restaurant chain that donated around $5 million solely to anti-LGBT hate groups from 2003 to 2010.... really shows that this country is probably regressing when it comes to equal rights, tbh.....

Or maybe it's just a "Fuck the Thought Police Day" celebration.

MannyIsGod
08-01-2012, 03:50 PM

Oh yeah, thats it TB. Started by Christian Groups. Can't think of any group less associated with the thought police tag than them.

MannyIsGod
08-01-2012, 03:51 PM

The country is definitely progressing, but we're just not there yet. They got more business on one day, but someone posted the hit the brand has taken overall as this started.

TeyshaBlue
08-01-2012, 03:51 PM
Boston Mayor and Chicago Politburo = Christian Groups?

DisAsTerBot
08-01-2012, 03:52 PM
The country is definitely progressing, but we're just not there yet. They got more business on one day, but someone posted the hit the brand has taken overall as this started.

must of missed it. Link?

MannyIsGod
08-01-2012, 03:53 PM
Read Huckabee's quote above. That the city officials may have made mistakes doesn't make this any less about supporting the alleged Christian value of denying equal rights to homosexuals.

TeyshaBlue
08-01-2012, 03:53 PM
Here's the deal:

The notion of a Thought Police acting on opinions is just as vile when used against christians as it is when used against gays.

That you feel the need to qualify it in any way is weird.

MannyIsGod
08-01-2012, 03:54 PM
Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, a Baptist minister, declared Wednesday "Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day" to support a business "whose executives are willing to take a stand for the Godly values." Former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum, who like Huckabee ran for president as a darling of social conservatives, joined the cause along with religious leaders.

"As the son of a dairy farmer who milked many a cow, I plan to `Eat Mor Chikin' and show my support by visiting Chick-fil-A next Wednesday," the Rev. Billy Graham said in a statement last week,referring to the slogan in the company's ads, which feature cows urging people to eat poultry.

People on the other side of the debate are planning to have same-sex kiss-in at some restaurant locations on Friday.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

:lol Godly values.

Bill_Brasky
08-01-2012, 03:54 PM
God damn who the FUCK cares. If you're getting your moral values from a chicken chain fuck you anyway.

TeyshaBlue
08-01-2012, 03:55 PM
It's not anti-gay to have godly values.

MannyIsGod
Here's the deal:

The notion of a Thought Police acting on opinions is just as vile when used against christians as it is when used against gays.

That you feel the need to qualify it in any way is weird.

I could give two shits about opinions. I don't care who hates who EXCEPT when it involves the government denial of rights. I would be just as up in arms if Christians were denied marriages.

Its not Thought police, its actual policing.

Drachen

I would be curious to see what, if any, financial hit they will take. I know that their brand approval has gone from being one of the highest rated to below average, but will that translate into lost sales.

I would think so since people who were eating there will stop eating there, but people who weren't eating there (who are doing so now to show solidarity with the cause) will probably go back to whatever reason it is that they weren't eating there (eventually). However, there might be those that weren't eating there only because they have never had it before. This might bring a lot of new (consistant) customers through the door. Will it be more than they lost? who knows. I would imagine that you would have to wait until next quarters numbers to get a good understanding as this one's are going to be out of whack.

MannyIsGod
It's not anti-gay to have godly values.

It sure as hell is when those values are defined as denying homosexuals equal rights.

TeyshaBlue
08-01-2012, 03:58 PM
It sure as hell is when those values are defined as denying homosexuals equal rights.

Does CFA deny gays equal rights? They don't hire them and stuff?

Cause, they definitely hire them.

TeyshaBlue
08-01-2012, 03:58 PM
God damn who the FUCK cares. If you're getting your moral values from a chicken chain fuck you anyway.

https://encrypted-tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSmDq1ECp8TcfXcyXB5rQAYA7Y0cYU1h O2Bt8vvF3RAgk2wa5u31g

Spurminator
08-01-2012, 03:59 PM
It's an interesting case study for consumer-facing companies. Normally they try to avoid taking positions on politics. If this helps CFA long-term, who knows if other companies might join the bandwagon... Or if enough do, will companies be EXPECTED to state their positions?

Anyway, Mike Huckabee's passion for (and organization of) all of this is somewhat curious. He really has nothing better to do?

TeyshaBlue
08-01-2012, 03:59 PM
I could give two shits about opinions. I don't care who hates who EXCEPT when it involves the government denial of rights. I would be just as up in arms if Christians were denied marriages.

No, the policing is being done by the Chicago politburo.

MannyIsGod
08-01-2012, 04:00 PM

Of course they deny gays equal rights. They spend money on it. The fact that they don't discriminate in the hiring process does not mean the money spent on denying homosexuals equal marriage rights somehow doesn't count.

This isn't zero sum.

Drachen
08-01-2012, 04:00 PM

They are spending 5 million to ensure that homosexuals don't have equal rights.

Also, just so I am clear about my position, I don't mind the boston mayor or the chicago politburo (or that NY congresswoman) campaining against a store opening up, but to say they will deny it is dubious since I can't imagine that the zoning or permit approval process goes through the office of the mayor (et al). I would think that this is a seperate entity and shouldn't be influenced by that office.

MannyIsGod
08-01-2012, 04:01 PM
No, the policing is being done by the Chicago politburo.

Fair enough, but I don't equate denying a business a permit with denying a group of people equal rights. One of those is far more egregious, IMO.

TeyshaBlue
08-01-2012, 04:03 PM
Of course they deny gays equal rights. They spend money on it. The fact that they don't discriminate in the hiring process does not mean the money spent on denying homosexuals equal marriage rights somehow doesn't count.

This isn't zero sum.

True. It's not zero sum. Stop judging the franchises by their corp.

They are not the same entity.

MannyIsGod
It's an interesting case study for consumer-facing companies. Normally they try to avoid taking positions on politics. If this helps CFA long-term, who knows if other companies might join the bandwagon... Or if enough do, will companies be EXPECTED to state their positions?

Anyway, Mike Huckabee's passion for (and organization of) all of this is somewhat curious. He really has nothing better to do?

I don't think this is going to turn the PR/advertising world upside down. Younger generations make up a larger percentage of this countries buying power each day and they sure as hell don't have a problem with homosexuality.

But I'm not a PR/advertising professional so wtf do I know?

scott
I think it's fantastic. Chick-Fil-A should offer a permanent daily special to everyone who hates gays. Heck, even expand it to minorities, Jews, Muslims and atheists. Keeping all the bigots congregated in the same places means lower odds I'll encounter one of them at places I actually want to eat at.

TeyshaBlue
08-01-2012, 04:04 PM
I don't think this is going to turn the PR/advertising world upside down. Younger generations make up a larger percentage of this countries buying power each day and they sure as hell don't have a problem with homosexuality.

But I'm not a PR/advertising professional so wtf do I know?

Probably pretty close to reality, tbh.

scott
08-01-2012, 04:05 PM

Isn't that the point of a franchise? The franchisee gets to ride on the reputation of the franchiser. Are you suggesting this should only apply to certain aspects of the brand's overall image?

TeyshaBlue
08-01-2012, 04:05 PM
They are spending 5 million to ensure that homosexuals don't have equal rights.

Also, just so I am clear about my position, I don't mind the boston mayor or the chicago politburo (or that NY congresswoman) campaining against a store opening up, but to say they will deny it is dubious since I can't imagine that the zoning or permit approval process goes through the office of the mayor (et al). I would think that this is a seperate entity and shouldn't be influenced by that office.

I am spending waaay much more than I want to in taxes. Should I take credit for the Osama hit? I'm sure I supported it financially.

Does 5 million dollars lock up teh gays?

The answer to both questions is:

No.

MannyIsGod
08-01-2012, 04:06 PM

Eh, I think they are. The only way to get to the corp is through those stores which are in direct business relationship to them. Absolution of any responsibility to the franchisees is wrong as they benefit directly from corporation action.

I've never seen a Chic Fil A Franchise open on a Sunday even though they are just franchises. There's an acceptance there of the Christian ideals of the corp and when those Christian ideals involve political lobbying to deny rights I think its important.

TeyshaBlue
08-01-2012, 04:07 PM
Isn't that the point of a franchise? The franchisee gets to ride on the reputation of the franchiser. Are you suggesting this should only apply to certain aspects of the brand's overall image?

The franchisee gets to ride the reputation of the franchiser's product.

I'm not sure anyone wants to spend a bazillion bucks on a franchise cause they like what a CEO said in a closed interview.

MannyIsGod
08-01-2012, 04:07 PM
I am spending waaay much more than I want to in taxes. Should I take credit for the Osama hit? I'm sure I supported it financially.

Does 5 million dollars lock up teh gays?

The answer to both questions is:

No.

You cannot compare taxation to a voluntary donation.

TeyshaBlue
08-01-2012, 04:08 PM
Eh, I think they are. The only way to get to the corp is through those stores which are in direct business relationship to them. Absolution of any responsibility to the franchisees is wrong as they benefit directly from corporation action.

I've never seen a Chic Fil A Franchise open on a Sunday even though they are just franchises. There's an acceptance there of the Christian ideals of the corp and when those Christian ideals involve political lobbying to deny rights I think its important.

Nearly all franchise agreements include standard business hours. There's a shit ton of businesses closed on Sundays. Should we picket them as well?

TeyshaBlue
08-01-2012, 04:08 PM
You cannot compare taxation to a voluntary donation.

I just did.

I paid in money. An action occured.

Cathy paid in money. Did an action occur?

TeyshaBlue
08-01-2012, 04:10 PM
Being closed on Sundays = hating teh gays? wtf

TeyshaBlue
08-01-2012, 04:11 PM
Standard business hour stipulation in franchise contracts <> adoption of christian ideas.

scott
08-01-2012, 04:11 PM
The franchisee gets to ride the reputation of the franchiser's product.

I'm not sure anyone wants to spend a bazillion bucks on a franchise cause they like what a CEO said in a closed interview.

I disagree that they are riding on product alone.

If a store leased the rights to sell the exact same Chicken sandwiches as Chick-Fil-A, but they had to call it "Joe's Chicken Sandwich Store" or something else - it wouldn't have the same impact.

A franchisee is leasing the brand in it's entirety: it's product, it's store design, it's marketing, it's branding, etc.

Whether you agree or not, there is no denying in the modern business world that the CEO/President's beliefs are part of a company's branding. The only away to avoid this is by the CEO/President not saying ANYTHING. Once he/she opens their mouth (for better or worse), they are a reflection of the brand.

MannyIsGod
08-01-2012, 04:13 PM
Well, you can picket whomever you like. I couldn't care less about businesses being closed on Sunday but I made that point to show you how the individual franchise owners are buying in directly to ideals related to Christianity. There's no doubt that Chic Fil A's are closed on Sunday for religious reasons and not business reasons. They've bought into it and therefor I don't know how anyone can argue that we should be nice to individual stores because they're only franchises. That argument simply carries no weight with me.

scott
08-01-2012, 04:14 PM
For the record, I think Manny is taking it too far too.

Chick-Fil-A corporate has the right to say/believe/donate anyway they want. And to say that donating to an traditional marriage/anti-gay cause is equivalent to denying rights for gays is a bit of a stretch.

Chick-Fil-A, by proxy of the groups they donate to, may eventually influence policymakers, but let us not ever lose site of the fact that legislators and legislators alone will be the ones who ultimately deny the rights of citizens (subject to the oversight of the Supreme Court).

MannyIsGod
08-01-2012, 04:14 PM
I just did.

I paid in money. An action occured.

Cathy paid in money. Did an action occur?

One is required by law and one is not. There is an obvious distinction here and it makes a whole hell of a lot of difference.

Wild Cobra
08-01-2012, 04:15 PM
I agree Scott.

My view is that bullies just have to find reasons to justify being bullies.

TeyshaBlue
I disagree that they are riding on product alone.

If a store leased the rights to sell the exact same Chicken sandwiches as Chick-Fil-A, but they had to call it "Joe's Chicken Sandwich Store" or something else - it wouldn't have the same impact.

A franchisee is leasing the brand in it's entirety: it's product, it's store design, it's marketing, it's branding, etc.

Whether you agree or not, there is no denying in the modern business world that the CEO/President's beliefs are part of a company's branding. The only away to avoid this is by the CEO/President not saying ANYTHING. Once he/she opens their mouth (for better or worse), they are a reflection of the brand.

McDonalds is selling the shit out of their Southern Chicken Sandwich.
Product absolutely rules.

You have a point about beliefs being part of a company's branding. But beliefs <> product.

DarrinS
How many companies would be left standing if we shut down every business whose owner, CEO, or board of directors had, what was until very recently, a mainstream position (even among Democrats)?

And do people that support "traditional" marriage really hate the gays?

scott
08-01-2012, 04:16 PM
Well, you can picket whomever you like. I couldn't care less about businesses being closed on Sunday but I made that point to show you how the individual franchise owners are buying in directly to ideals related to Christianity. There's no doubt that Chic Fil A's are closed on Sunday for religious reasons and not business reasons. They've bought into it and therefor I don't know how anyone can argue that we should be nice to individual stores because they're only franchises. That argument simply carries no weight with me.

The franchise owners are buying into a brand that makes them profits, and the only way to obtain those profits is by following the rule to be closed on Sunday. I don't think it's the equivalent of "buying in directly to ideals related to Christianity". In reality, they are buying into ideals related to putting money in their pocket, and any Christian ideology is secondary, at best.

MannyIsGod
08-01-2012, 04:17 PM
For the record, I think Manny is taking it too far too.

Chick-Fil-A corporate has the right to say/believe/donate anyway they want. And to say that donating to an traditional marriage/anti-gay cause is equivalent to denying rights for gays is a bit of a stretch.

Chick-Fil-A, by proxy of the groups they donate to, may eventually influence policymakers, but let us not ever lose site of the fact that legislators and legislators alone will be the ones who ultimately deny the rights of citizens (subject to the oversight of the Supreme Court).

I don't see how thats a stretch. I disagree with your second paragraph, though. I think everyone who lobbies the policy maker sure as hell plays a pivotal role in the legislation that goes through. Its not just the guy or girl casting the vote.

scott
08-01-2012, 04:17 PM
McDonalds is selling the shit out of their Southern Chicken Sandwich.
Product absolutely rules.

You have a point about beliefs being part of a company's branding. But beliefs <> product.

Is that really the example you want to use? You don't think it might have something to do with McDonald's reputation and marketing clout?

How do you think "Teysha's Southern Chick'n Sandwiches" would fare?

MannyIsGod
08-01-2012, 04:19 PM
I agree Scott.

This seals it. You can all anoint me winner. Thanks

scott
08-01-2012, 04:20 PM
I don't see how thats a stretch. I disagree with your second paragraph, though. I think everyone who lobbies the policy maker sure as hell plays a pivotal role in the legislation that goes through. Its not just the guy or girl casting the vote.

That's like saying because you bought a ticket to a Spurs game, you were responsible for them winning a championship.

At the end of the day, the Spurs were responsible for their championship, and the Legislator is responsible for the vote they cast. By spreading the guilt around, you effectively absolve the Legislator of their full responsibility... which leads to the kind of clusterfuck we are in now.

For example, we put all this emphasis on what Grover Norquist makes the Republicans pledge. But you know what? If voters disagree, they could just pin the blame where it belongs - the legislator who signed the pledge - and vote them out.

MannyIsGod
08-01-2012, 04:20 PM
How many companies would be left standing if we shut down every business whose owner, CEO, or board of directors had, what was until very recently, a mainstream position (even among Democrats)?

And do people that support "traditional" marriage really hate the gays?

When support of traditional marriage includes actively campaigning against gay rights then yes. I support traditional marriage, but I also support anyone getting married. WTF do I care?

Thats what makes this so fucking horrible to me. People are spending vast sums of money to DENY others rights that have NO bearing on their lives. Its fucking disgusting.

MannyIsGod
08-01-2012, 04:21 PM
That's like saying because you bought a ticket to a Spurs game, you were responsible for them winning a championship.

At the end of the day, the Spurs were responsible for their championship, and the Legislator is responsible for the vote they cast. By spreading the guilt around, you effectively absolve the Legislator of their full responsibility... which leads to the kind of clusterfuck we are in now.

For example, we put all this emphasis on what Grover Norquist makes the Republicans pledge. But you know what? If voters disagree, they could just pin the blame where it belongs - the legislator who signed the pledge - and vote them out.

WOW, talk about a stretch. Its like saying if you gave the Spurs 5 million dollars so they could go over the cap then you were partially responsible for them winning a championship and you would be.

MannyIsGod
08-01-2012, 04:22 PM
5 million dollars worth of lobbying =! a 60 buck Spurs ticket.

boutons_deux
08-01-2012, 04:24 PM
"vote them out."

A few candidates said they wouldn't sign. Let's see if they get voted in. they will certainly get slimed as "tax raisers".

Most candidates sign or support the pledge, so voters often have no choice of pledger vs non-pledger.

scott
08-01-2012, 04:24 PM
WOW, talk about a stretch.

Yes, they are both stretches. Glad you are catching on.

Its like saying if you gave the Spurs 5 million dollars so they could go over the cap then you were partially responsible for them winning a championship and you would be.

Do tickets not at all add up to millions of dollars?

Would this group disappear if Chick-Fil-A didn't donate to them?

Does this group still not rely upon legislator votes, regardless of what Chick-Fil-A gives them?

Can we not, for once, blame politicians for their own actions? The egg begets the chicken, ironically pun as it may be.

scott
08-01-2012, 04:26 PM
5 million dollars worth of lobbying =! a 60 buck Spurs ticket.

The part of the statement you've honed in on =! the one that is relevant.

MannyIsGod
08-01-2012, 04:26 PM
All my ticket purchases definitely do not add up to 5 million dollars. I'm not absolving the politicians for their own actions at all, Scott. I'm saying there's more than enough blame to go around.

Blake
08-01-2012, 04:29 PM
This seals it. You can all anoint me winner. Thanks

:lol

scott
08-01-2012, 04:30 PM
Chick-Fil-A donating $5 million has no more denied rights to gays than Jeff Bezos/Amazon donating $2.5 million has granted rights to gays.

DarrinS
08-01-2012, 04:30 PM
When support of traditional marriage includes actively campaigning against gay rights then yes. I support traditional marriage, but I also support anyone getting married. WTF do I care?

Thats what makes this so fucking horrible to me. People are spending vast sums of money to DENY others rights that have NO bearing on their lives. Its fucking disgusting.

Meh, I just don't care enough either way to go to an "appreciation day" or a boycott. I don't identify product with political ideology.

Indazone
08-01-2012, 04:32 PM
This will hurt Chik-Fil-A financially about as much as gun sales after Aurora.

MannyIsGod
08-01-2012, 04:34 PM
Chick-Fil-A donating $5 million has no more denied rights to gays than Jeff Bezos/Amazon donating $2.5 million has granted rights to gays.

Disagree.

MannyIsGod
08-01-2012, 04:34 PM
Meh, I just don't care enough either way to go to an "appreciation day" or a boycott. I don't identify product with political ideology.

You might care more if you were the one who's rights were being denied.

scott
08-01-2012, 04:35 PM
Disagree.

Well, we are all allowed to have our own opinions. It's just important in the end that we all recognize that mine are the right ones.

:)

TeyshaBlue
08-01-2012, 04:37 PM
Is that really the example you want to use? You don't think it might have something to do with McDonald's reputation and marketing clout?

How do you think "Teysha's Southern Chick'n Sandwiches" would fare?

Please make out your check to Teysha' s Southern Chicken Sandwich Capitlization Fund.

Thx.

scott
08-01-2012, 04:38 PM
Please make out your check to Teysha' s Southern Chicken Sandwich Capitlization Fund.

Thx.

Wiring it over ASAP. The key is 3 pickles.

TeyshaBlue
08-01-2012, 04:40 PM
Absolutely!

*patents 3-Pickle Combo*

MannyIsGod
08-01-2012, 04:41 PM
I agree Scott.

Well, we are all allowed to have our own opinions. It's just important in the end that we all recognize that mine are the right ones.

:)

Evidence is not in your favor. If one were to make a graph by plotting WC agreement by instances of correctness it would not be pretty.

TeyshaBlue
Evidence is not in your favor. If one were to make a graph by plotting WC agreement by instances of correctness it would not be pretty.

:lol:lol

TeyshaBlue
You only get 2 pickles, Manny!:ihit

scott
08-01-2012, 05:04 PM

In my defense, I don't think he understood the point I was making when he agreed with me, evidenced by his non-sequitous follow up statement.

DarrinS
08-01-2012, 05:06 PM
You might care more if you were the one who's rights were being denied.

Just curious. Do you think polygamists rights are being denied?

MannyIsGod
08-01-2012, 05:19 PM
Yes, actually.

Drachen
08-01-2012, 05:23 PM
Just curious. Do you think polygamists rights are being denied?

I think he has stated several times that he doesn't care if consenting adults want to get married.

Cant_Be_Faded
08-01-2012, 05:28 PM
The restaurant around the corner was insanely busy for lunch today
Co workers had to settle for Arbys instead

clambake
08-01-2012, 05:40 PM
nothin like gay hatin with a side of chicken.

Cant_Be_Faded
08-01-2012, 05:59 PM
I'm planning on going during the boycott day
Smaller lines

clambake
08-01-2012, 06:04 PM
that won't be gods chicken.

Spurminator
08-01-2012, 06:43 PM
Remember when all of these same people went out and bought Dixie Chicks albums to support free speech on Dixie Chicks Appreciation Day?

Crookshanks
08-01-2012, 06:43 PM
I had dinner at Chick-fil-A tonight and the place was quite crowded and the drive-thru line was around the building. The manager said they were doing Grand Opening type of business. Supporting Chick-fil-A does not mean I hate gays. I just don't like their agenda and I believe in biblical values and traditional marriage. And I believe a company can donate to whatever causes they believe in - and I think people have a right to boycott or support that business based on what they believe. Take a look at J.C. Penney - they are sinking fast since they made Ellen Degeneres their spokesperson and put same-sex couples in their advertising. I believe God blesses those people (and their businesses) who honor and serve him. It will be interesting to see what kind of numbers Chick-fil-A posts for today.

ElNono
08-01-2012, 06:44 PM
this whole thing is pretty stupid, IMO... everybody should be allowed to express their political views and support monetarily or otherwise what they believe to be right...

spursncowboys
08-01-2012, 06:45 PM
Oh you hate the gays? Here's more business!

A chicken place hating blacks... bad business advice.

Spurminator
08-01-2012, 06:45 PM
Supporting CFA doesn't mean you hate gays, no, but let's be real here... You hate gays.

FromWayDowntown
08-01-2012, 06:46 PM
I'm not particularly fond of the view expressed by Chick-Fil-A, but it's cool to see free speech working.

spursncowboys
08-01-2012, 06:47 PM

Chick-Fil-A is denying business to homosexuals?

ElNono
08-01-2012, 06:47 PM
See, there's a good example: I absolutely think what Crookskanks just posted is possibly the stupidest thing I read today.

Do I think she shouldn't buy a meal at Chick-fil-A? Not at all.

spursncowboys
08-01-2012, 06:48 PM

This isn't zero sum.

You're nuts!!

The only one denying equal rights is the elected officials who think they can decide what companies are allowed in their elected area, based on their beliefs or lack there of.

clambake
08-01-2012, 06:58 PM
See, there's a good example: I absolutely think what Crookskanks just posted is possibly the stupidest thing I read today.

Do I think she shouldn't buy a meal at Chick-fil-A? Not at all.

crookskanks is angel_luv's evil understudy. she'll be assuming her role.

MannyIsGod
08-01-2012, 07:20 PM
I had dinner at Chick-fil-A tonight and the place was quite crowded and the drive-thru line was around the building. The manager said they were doing Grand Opening type of business. Supporting Chick-fil-A does not mean I hate gays. I just don't like their agenda and I believe in biblical values and traditional marriage. And I believe a company can donate to whatever causes they believe in - and I think people have a right to boycott or support that business based on what they believe. Take a look at J.C. Penney - they are sinking fast since they made Ellen Degeneres their spokesperson and put same-sex couples in their advertising. I believe God blesses those people (and their businesses) who honor and serve him. It will be interesting to see what kind of numbers Chick-fil-A posts for today.

:lmao Yeah you don't hate gays, you just hate gays.

ElNono
08-01-2012, 07:23 PM
Ellen Degeneres and her $50 million annual salary sure are suffering the wrath of god... smh

clambake
08-01-2012, 07:29 PM
apparently, god blesses wall street!

leemajors
08-01-2012, 07:34 PM
Do unto others indeed Crookshanks.

spursncowboys
08-01-2012, 07:34 PM
Ellen Degeneres and her $50 million annual salary sure are suffering the wrath of god... smh

:lol :toast

leemajors
08-01-2012, 07:35 PM
Kids, I don't hate the gays. But I'll be damned if we gotta treat em like people!

FromWayDowntown
08-01-2012, 07:42 PM
Crookshanks doesn't hate the gays; Crookshanks leaves hating the gays to God.

Creepn
08-01-2012, 07:45 PM
Anybody actually boycotted Chik-fil-A here?

Creepn
08-01-2012, 07:48 PM
It really sucks that if I'm seen there enjoying a sandwich, I may be taken as a gay hating protester or something. I'll have to order in a trench coat and sunglasses.

AFBlue
08-01-2012, 07:57 PM
Teysha with the goods in this thread.

CuckingFunt
08-01-2012, 07:59 PM
Remember when all of these same people went out and bought Dixie Chicks albums to support free speech on Dixie Chicks Appreciation Day?

Heh.

CuckingFunt
08-01-2012, 08:00 PM
Supporting Chick-fil-A does not mean I hate gays. I just don't like their agenda

Also heh.

Crookshanks
08-01-2012, 08:03 PM

God doesn't hate the gays either, but He calls their lifestyle an abomination. Hate the sin, not the sinner.

CuckingFunt
08-01-2012, 08:08 PM
God doesn't hate the gays either, but He calls their lifestyle an abomination. Hate the sin, not the sinner.

Not God's fault this particular "sin" happens to be an identity, rather than an action.

vy65
08-01-2012, 08:08 PM
this whole thing is pretty stupid, IMO... everybody should be allowed to express their political views and support monetarily or otherwise what they believe to be right...

This.

The moment you start linking private corporate expenditures to civil rights violations is the moment you begin silencing speech on ideological grounds. That shit ain't right.

DarrinS
08-01-2012, 08:09 PM
It really sucks that if I'm seen there enjoying a sandwich, I may be taken as a gay hating protester or something. I'll have to order in a trench coat and sunglasses.

Only a dimwit would think you hated gays because you like chicken sandwiches and waffle fries

vy65
08-01-2012, 08:09 PM
Not God's fault this particular "sin" happens to be an identity, rather than an action.

Gay identity is reducible to the sex act?

CuckingFunt
08-01-2012, 08:12 PM
Gay identity is reducible to the sex act?

No. I don't think homo/bisexuality has anything to do with the sex act.

vy65
08-01-2012, 08:13 PM
^ ah ok.

DarrinS
08-01-2012, 08:14 PM
A business owner should have first amendment rights and gays should be allowed to marry -- libertarian position

Creepn
08-01-2012, 08:19 PM
Only a dimwit would think you hated gays because you like chicken sandwiches and waffle fries

Yeah but it seems like Chik-fil-A and anti-gay have become synonymous with each other now.

ElNono
08-01-2012, 08:20 PM
I'll take it a step further and commend them for being transparent about what their belief is... I don't share their view, but since Citizen's United, donors and donations have only become more shady and less transparent. Great to see these guys putting their money where they mouth is and not trying to hide it.

Clipper Nation
08-01-2012, 08:20 PM

No, a "Fuck the Thought Police" celebration will come when the evangelical Bible-thumpers get the stick out their asses and stop forcing their narrow, bigoted definition of marriage on the populations of nearly every state in this nation, tbh.....

Bill_Brasky
08-01-2012, 08:21 PM
Leave it to the United States of fatass 'Merica to voice their opinion on gay marriage by eating fast food.

Clipper Nation
08-01-2012, 08:22 PM
A business owner should have first amendment rights and gays should be allowed to marry -- libertarian position

Agreed.... that being said, the government should not be wasting time devoting a day to celebrating obvious bigotry, tbh....

Chik-Fil-A does indeed have the right to voice bigoted opinions, and now they're facing the consequences in customer backlash, negative PR, and declining brand value, so I don't pity them at all.... they CHOSE to bring this upon themselves....

DarrinS
08-01-2012, 08:22 PM
Yeah but it seems like Chik-fil-A and anti-gay have become synonymous with each other now.

No more than eating Ben and Jerry's makes you an environmentalist wackjob

DarrinS
08-01-2012, 08:24 PM
Leave it to the United States of fatass 'Merica to voice their opinion on gay marriage by eating fast food.

You are a fatist

Clipper Nation
08-01-2012, 08:28 PM
Supporting Chick-fil-A does not mean I hate gays. I just don't like their agenda
What agenda, B? The one where they want equal rights and are no longer willing to be treated like second-class citizens because an imaginary sky fairy in a storybook said so?

DarrinS
08-01-2012, 08:35 PM
Agreed.... that being said, the government should not be wasting time devoting a day to celebrating obvious bigotry, tbh....

Chik-Fil-A does indeed have the right to voice bigoted opinions, and now they're facing the consequences in customer backlash, negative PR, and declining brand value, so I don't pity them at all.... they CHOSE to bring this upon themselves....

I'd hardly call the mainstream position of all societies in human history bigoted. Old fashioned, perhaps. Until only very recently, Obama held the same "bigoted" view.

LnGrrrR
08-01-2012, 08:37 PM
I'd hardly call the mainstream position of all societies in human history bigoted. Old fashioned, perhaps. Until only very recently, Obama held the same "bigoted" view.

On a historical timeline, slavery probably wouldn't be considered bigoted either...

DarrinS
08-01-2012, 08:39 PM
On a historical timeline, slavery probably wouldn't be considered bigoted either...

Swing and a miss

Clipper Nation
08-01-2012, 08:42 PM

Banning gay marriage is inherently bigoted, B.... it is organized discrimination against a minority group.... in fact, it's not even a "seperate but equal" situation (which would be bad enough) as civil unions come with a shorter list of rights than marriages!

Personally, I think the solution is to ascribe the same amount of rights that married couples currently hold to civil unions, then basically officially recognize all eligible couples as civil unions, tbh....

ElNono
08-01-2012, 08:47 PM

segregation... women's voting... all bigoted, all "mainstream" at some point in time...

AFBlue
08-01-2012, 08:56 PM

I'm sure they'll be just fine.

ElNono
08-01-2012, 08:58 PM
There's also something to be said about the cowards that try to hide their homophobia behind some deity.

If they "sin" and won't "repent", then god already has them on his hitlist, no matter if you eat at Chick fil A or not...

DarrinS
08-01-2012, 09:12 PM
segregation... women's voting... all bigoted, all "mainstream" at some point in time...

These kind of comparisons diminish real civil rights issues. Again, I think gays should be allowed to marry.

Clipper Nation
08-01-2012, 09:19 PM
These kind of comparisons diminish real civil rights issues. Again, I think gays should be allowed to marry.
If gay marriage isn't a "real" civil rights issue, what is?

Clipper Nation
08-01-2012, 09:21 PM
I'm sure they'll be just fine.
http://images1.dailykos.com/i/user/141912/Chick-Fil-A-Top_QSR__Index_fast_food_.jpeg

DarrinS
08-01-2012, 09:26 PM

If we think along these lines, then we need to desegregate bathrooms -- they obviously are discrinatory against people with gender identity issues.

Clipper Nation
08-01-2012, 09:29 PM
If we think along these lines, then we need to desegregate bathrooms -- they obviously are discrinatory against people with gender identity issues.
There's actually valid reasons to have men's and women's bathrooms that are more substantial then "the imaginary sky fairy said so in his book of fairy tales".... it isn't hurting anybody or infringing on anyone's liberty, property, or ability to thrive as productive members of society...

Classic slippery slope fallacy, B...

DarrinS
08-01-2012, 09:31 PM
There's actually valid reasons to have men's and women's bathrooms that are more substantial then "the imaginary sky fairy said so in his book of fairy tales".... it isn't hurting anybody or infringing on anyone's liberty, property, or ability to thrive as productive members of society...

??

CuckingFunt
08-01-2012, 09:32 PM

They are.

ElNono
08-01-2012, 09:35 PM

How do they "diminish real civil rights" when civil rights are exactly what's being denied to them?

Spurminator
08-01-2012, 09:39 PM
Hey, when is Jane Fonda Appreciation Day? Didn't you guys hate all the vitriol she got for expressing her beliefs?

Blake
08-01-2012, 09:39 PM

No doubt there will be gays living next door to you in your heavenly gated community.

fwiw, God hates the non believer.

Clipper Nation
08-01-2012, 09:41 PM
??
I'll ask this again because you dodged the question the first time...

DarrinS
08-01-2012, 09:49 PM

I'll ask this again because you dodged the question the first time...

Rights guaranteed by the Bill of Rights, the 13th and 14th, 15th and 19th Amendments to the Constitution. Civil rights include civil liberties (such as the freedom of speech, press, assembly, and religion), as well as due process, the right to vote, equal and fair treatment by law enforcement and the courts, and the opportunity to enjoy the benefits of a democratic society, such as equal access to public schools, recreation, transportation, public facilities, and housing.

Are gays denied these rights?

Nbadan
08-01-2012, 09:50 PM
Think its just about hating on the gays?

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/483923_10151094875741649_1982576560_n.jpg

Clipper Nation
08-01-2012, 09:54 PM
Are gays denied these rights?
They're denied equal and fair treatment under the law by not being allowed to marry, and they're denied many of the benefits that come with marriage, including joint tax returns, emergency medical decisions, sponsorship of spouses and family members for immigration, and federal protection....

DarrinS
08-01-2012, 09:56 PM
They're denied equal and fair treatment under the law by not being allowed to marry, and they're denied many of the benefits that come with marriage, including joint tax returns, emergency medical decisions, sponsorship of spouses and family members for immigration, and federal protection....

What if they were able to have all that without redefining the word?

Spurminator
08-01-2012, 09:57 PM
What we're legally protecting the meaning of words now? Who are we, France??

Clipper Nation
08-01-2012, 09:58 PM
I've already stated that the solution is to equalize civil unions and marriage, and then drop the formal distinction altogether and just call everything a civil union.... if a church wants to decide what can and can't be defined as a marriage, fine, but it's not the government's role to be the word police...

ElNono
08-01-2012, 09:58 PM

redefining what word?

DarrinS
08-01-2012, 10:01 PM
I've already stated that the solution is to equalize civil unions and marriage, and then drop the formal distinction altogether and just call everything a civil union.... if a church wants to decide what can and can't be defined as a marriage, fine, but it's not the government's role to be the word police...

Fine by me. Seems practical.

Bender
08-01-2012, 10:03 PM
the new "proposal" -

"darling, will you civil union me?"

Clipper Nation
08-01-2012, 10:05 PM
the new "proposal" -

"darling, will you civil union me?"
People can call it whatever they want... however, the government does not have the jurisdiction to play Marriage Police.... marriage isn't even defined in the Constitution....

Drachen
08-01-2012, 10:21 PM

Depends on what your definition of "is" is.

DarrinS
08-01-2012, 10:26 PM
Church and state not completely separate on this issue -- probably the crux of the problem.

MannyIsGod
08-01-2012, 10:37 PM
Kids, I don't hate the gays. But I'll be damned if we gotta treat em like people!

Crookshanks
08-01-2012, 10:37 PM
"Our culture has accepted two huge lies. The first is that if you disagree with someone's lifestyle, you must fear them or hate them. The second is that to love someone means you agree with everything they believe or do. Both are nonsense. You don't have to compromise convictions to be compassionate." -Rick Warren.

I couldn't agree more!

No doubt there will be gays living next door to you in your heavenly gated community.

fwiw, God hates the non believer.

There may be - if they've repented of their sins and accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. And no, God doesn't hate the non believer. John 3:16 says: For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. The bible also says that God is not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

ElNono
08-01-2012, 10:39 PM
Perhaps the church can start calling their version of "marriage" a "religious union"... problem solved!

MannyIsGod
08-01-2012, 10:39 PM

Pretty sure gays aren't against business owners having first amendment rights but nice strawman.

MannyIsGod
08-01-2012, 10:41 PM

LOL of course its bigoted and none of the things you said just changed that. Bigotry isn't somehow void because the majority feel this way. Once upon a time treating blacks as less than human was a mainstream position. That didn't mean it wasn't bigoted.

MannyIsGod
08-01-2012, 10:43 PM
Church and state not completely separate on this issue -- probably the crux of the problem.

Except they are. Marriage by the government has absolutely nothing to do with marriage in a church.

ElNono
08-01-2012, 10:43 PM
Rick Warren

who?

DarrinS
08-01-2012, 10:52 PM
LOL of course its bigoted and none of the things you said just changed that. Bigotry isn't somehow void because the majority feel this way. Once upon a time treating blacks as less than human was a mainstream position. That didn't mean it wasn't bigoted.

This comparison still makes me cringe. I don't think we'll have a civil war over this issue, but maybe that's just me.

DarrinS
08-01-2012, 10:53 PM
Pretty sure gays aren't against business owners having first amendment rights but nice strawman.

Then why does this thread exist?

MannyIsGod
08-01-2012, 10:58 PM
This comparison still makes me cringe. I don't think we'll have a civil war over this issue, but maybe that's just me.

So its not a civil rights issue or bigoted unless we're going to have a civil war? Thats a pretty dumb standard.

CuckingFunt

I'd cringe, too, if the comparison involved gay slaves.

DarrinS
"Our culture has accepted two huge lies. The first is that if you disagree with someone's lifestyle, you must fear them or hate them. The second is that to love someone means you agree with everything they believe or do. Both are nonsense. You don't have to compromise convictions to be compassionate." -Rick Warren.

I couldn't agree more!

There may be - if they've repented of their sins and accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. And no, God doesn't hate the non believer. John 3:16 says: For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. The bible also says that God is not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

I disagree with the term "lifestyle". It implies choice.

ElNono
08-01-2012, 11:00 PM

We didn't have a civil war over segregation or women's right to vote either...

MannyIsGod
08-01-2012, 11:00 PM
Then why does this thread exist?

Are saying that because this thread exists that homosexuals must have an agenda that is to deny business owners the right of free speech? REALLY? Who's been actively saying that business owners can't have the right to sy what they want? Facing the consequences of your speech is not the sme as being denied free speech.

Let me know when when homosexuals are actively donating millions of dollars in an effort to repeal the first amendment.

DarrinS
08-01-2012, 11:02 PM
So its not a civil rights issue or bigoted unless we're going to have a civil war? Thats a pretty dumb standard.

Maybe I'm not articulating it well, but I just can't make those two things equivalent.

DarrinS
08-01-2012, 11:05 PM
Who's been actively saying that business owners can't have the right to sy what they want?

Some liberal mayors

MannyIsGod
08-01-2012, 11:07 PM
Not true. You're equating facing consequences to free speech to being the same as being denied the right to the speech in the first place. No mayor has said that that Chic Fil A should be denied the right to say what they want.

DarrinS
08-01-2012, 11:12 PM
Not true. You're equating facing consequences to free speech to being the same as being denied the right to the speech in the first place. No mayor has said that that Chic Fil A should be denied the right to say what they want.

Wow. Did you really just post this?

If the free market decides the "consequences", I'm fine with it.

DarrinS
08-01-2012, 11:15 PM
I'd cringe, too, if the comparison involved gay slaves.

Wow. Just, wow.

AFBlue
08-01-2012, 11:19 PM
http://images1.dailykos.com/i/user/141912/Chick-Fil-A-Top_QSR__Index_fast_food_.jpeg

:lol @ chart with 30 days of "historical" data

I'm not implying it isn't hurting their brand right now. I'm saying it's a fabricated story made into something by activists (now on both sides of the issue), that doesn't have stamina. The outrage will subside and people will go back to eating their chicken sammich and waffle fries.

Crookshanks
08-01-2012, 11:21 PM
Just heard that Chick-fil-A set a world record today, and they still have time to go on the west coast. The website www.theblaze.com has lots of pictures and comments from people all over the United States. I read on facebook that in one location, the crowd started singing "God Bless America." Other people said it felt more like a family reunion because everyone was there for the same reason. Hats off to Chick-fil-A for handling the immense crowds with smiles and great customer service.

ElNono
08-01-2012, 11:22 PM
When you diminish this as a non-real civil rights issue, you lose all credibility. For a gay/lesbian person that wants to have access to their lifetime partner's medical records, it's a very real issue...

I guess when denying women's right to vote was "mainstream", it wasn't a "real" civil rights issue for men either...

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-01-2012, 11:22 PM
Crookshanks' fat bible thumping ass prolly drove to like 4 different Chick fil a locations today.

lol butthurt Rick Santorum lost

Spurminator
08-01-2012, 11:24 PM
Jesus would be proud.

ElNono
08-01-2012, 11:26 PM
Just heard that Chick-fil-A set a world record today

What, pray tell, was this world record? :lol

DarrinS
08-01-2012, 11:30 PM
When you diminish this as a non-real civil rights issue, you lose all credibility. For a gay/lesbian person that wants to have access to their lifetime partner's medical records, it's a very real issue...

I guess when denying women's right to vote was "mainstream", it wasn't a "real" civil rights issue for men either...

You don't like Barak's solution?

N6K9dS9wl7U

MannyIsGod
08-01-2012, 11:30 PM
Wow. Did you really just post this?

If the free market decides the "consequences", I'm fine with it.

I didn't say I agreed with the mayors (although if they haven't overstepped their bounds then I'm not against it - I just don't know what the rule of law is in the cases) but what they have done is in no way shape or form denying business owners the right to free speech.

Clipper Nation
08-01-2012, 11:31 PM
:lol Using Rick Warren as a rebuttal

Rick Warren is one of those crackpots who thinks LGBT people can "pray the gay away" and compares homosexuality to incest and pedophilia....

Crookshanks
08-01-2012, 11:31 PM
What, pray tell, was this world record? :lol

World record in one day sales, I believe. :toast

MannyIsGod
08-01-2012, 11:32 PM
Just heard that Chick-fil-A set a world record today, and they still have time to go on the west coast. The website www.theblaze.com has lots of pictures and comments from people all over the United States. I read on facebook that in one location, the crowd started singing "God Bless America." Other people said it felt more like a family reunion because everyone was there for the same reason. Hats off to Chick-fil-A for handling the immense crowds with smiles and great customer service.

:lmao World record? :lmao Crookshanks is the gift of stupid that just keeps on giving.

MannyIsGod
08-01-2012, 11:33 PM

N6K9dS9wl7U

No. I promise you thats EN's answer too. You should argue against the positions of those you are speaking against instead relying on trying to juxtapose someone elses onto them.

ElNono

Can't listen to the video, but I don't agree with Barry much these days...

Nice of you to dodge answering my previous post though...

MannyIsGod
World record in one day sales, I believe. :toast

Sales of what?

Homophobia?

Clipper Nation
08-01-2012, 11:34 PM
Other people said it felt more like a family reunion because everyone was there for the same reason.
And that reason is to support the oppression of people who were born with a certain identity.... not only that, but also to give their money to an organization whose corporate dollars fund lobbying efforts in support of "Kill the Gays" legislation in other countries.... this country really is fucked if this many people are really still intolerant bigots, tbh....

DUNCANownsKOBE
:lmao World record? :lmao Crookshanks is the gift of stupid that just keeps on giving.
The problem is it sucks thinking about the fact this country has millions of bigoted, batshit bible thumpers even dumber than Crookshanks.

ElNono
Would be nice to guess what this new world record is...

"Most bible-thumpers under one roof"?

Spurminator
08-01-2012, 11:35 PM
I don't agree with the mayors in this case at all, and one unfortunate byproduct is that everyone who stood in line today to take a stand against homosexuality can claim they were really all about the freedom of business executives to express their beliefs.

...Even though we all know not a damn one of them would have been in line today if CFA had come out in SUPPORT of gay rights, and some southern cities had banned them.

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-01-2012, 11:35 PM
And that reason is to support the oppression of people who were born with a certain identity.... not only that, but also to give their money to an organization whose corporate dollars fund lobbying efforts in support of "Kill the Gays" legislation in other countries.... this country really is fucked if this many people are really still intolerant bigots, tbh....
Son of all the Ron Paul supporters on this site, you're the only one who actually is a true Libertarian.

God bless.

ElNono
08-01-2012, 11:36 PM
I don't agree with the mayors in this case at all

Let me state I don't support that either... probably the same level of stupid as saying god is punishing JC Penney for hiring Degeneres...

MannyIsGod
08-01-2012, 11:36 PM
They can claim Jesus told them to hold the pickles but that doesn't mean shit to me.

DarrinS
08-01-2012, 11:41 PM
I don't agree with the mayors in this case at all, and one unfortunate byproduct is that everyone who stood in line today to take a stand against homosexuality can claim they were really all about the freedom of business executives to express their beliefs.

...Even though we all know not a damn one of them would have been in line today if CFA had come out in SUPPORT of gay rights, and some southern cities had banned them.

Actually, my wife and kids went today and they didn't know why it was so busy (I told her later). But you can think they hate gays, if you want.

Spurminator
08-01-2012, 11:43 PM
Actually, my wife and kids went today and they didn't know why it was so busy (I told her later). But you can think they hate gays, if you want.

:rolleyes I think it's pretty obvious I was talking about the people who purposefully went there for Mike Huckabee Staying Relevant Day.

ChumpDumper
08-01-2012, 11:43 PM
I believe God blesses those people (and their businesses) who honor and serve him.God blesses successful pornographers.

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-01-2012, 11:44 PM
Supporting Chick-fil-A does not mean I hate gays. I just don't like their agenda.
What's their agenda?

CuckingFunt
08-01-2012, 11:46 PM
Wow. Just, wow.

That was the same reaction I had to your strained analogy and its implication that the Civil War was an attempt to end racial prejudice.

Crookshanks
08-01-2012, 11:47 PM
Some people went to show their support for biblical values and traditional marriage; others went to show their support for freedom of speech - either way, it was a HUGE show of support and, judging by many of the comments in this thread and comments on other articles, it's pissing off the liberals in a big way -so I'd say it was a big success! And I hope big crowds show up on Friday also so that there's no room for the gays to stage their "kiss-in."

CuckingFunt
08-01-2012, 11:48 PM

How I love to bask in the warm, glowing, warming glow of a common hatred. It sounds like something out of a Norman Rockwell illustration.

Spurminator
08-01-2012, 11:49 PM
judging by many of the comments in this thread and comments on other articles, it's pissing off the liberals in a big way -so I'd say it was a big success!

Exactly how Jesus would have described it. You're a great Christian!

DarrinS
08-01-2012, 11:49 PM
That was the same reaction I had to your strained analogy and its implication that the Civil War was an attempt to end racial prejudice.

What was I thinking? :rolleyes

Clipper Nation
08-01-2012, 11:51 PM
Son of all the Ron Paul supporters on this site, you're the only one who actually is a true Libertarian.

God bless.
Son, these wack-ass posers are defecating on the Libertarian name with all this homophobia.... Libertarianism is about letting people live their own lives and take personal responsibility, whether they're straight, gay, bisexual, white, black, Asian, latino, male, female, etc... Ron bless

Clipper Nation
08-01-2012, 11:52 PM
Some people went to show their support for biblical values and traditional marriage; others went to show their support for freedom of speech
And all of them went to show their support for homophobic, unconstitutional gay marriage bans domestically and "Kill the Gays" legislation abroad...

DarrinS
08-01-2012, 11:53 PM
How I love to bask in the warm, glowing, warming glow of a common hatred. It sounds like something out of a Norman Rockwell illustration.

I honestly don't think it's hatred. It's a massive paradigm shift that a lot of people aren't ready for (just ask California), even though it is obviously inevitable.

ElNono
08-01-2012, 11:53 PM
Exactly how Jesus would have described it. You're a great Christian!

CuckingFunt
08-01-2012, 11:54 PM
What was I thinking? :rolleyes

We're all dying to find out.

leemajors
08-01-2012, 11:55 PM
Swing and a miss

You make rocks proud son, god bless

MannyIsGod
08-01-2012, 11:56 PM
I honestly don't think it's hatred. It's a massive paradigm shift that a lot of people aren't ready for (just ask California), even though it is obviously inevitable.

Well I'm sure thats going to make gay couples feel better about it.

Clipper Nation
08-01-2012, 11:57 PM
And I hope big crowds show up on Friday also so that there's no room for the gays to stage their "kiss-in."
Wait a minute - weren't you just arguing in favor of the First Amendment, which protects freedom of speech and peaceful assembly? Does that somehow not equally apply to LGBT people?

Crookshanks
Google Chick-fil-A world record and you'll see that I got spurstalk on the first page with my post about the world record. Big smile!! :toast

MannyIsGod
You make rocks proud son, god bless

I'm not saying you're dumb as a rock, I'm just saying you might have a good conversation with one.

ChumpDumper
08-01-2012, 11:58 PM
Which world record was broken?

MannyIsGod
Google Chick-fil-A world record and you'll see that I got spurstalk on the first page with my post about the world record. Big smile!! :toast

Oh the biggotry in your heart must make you sleep well at night. No wonder you're an old lonely lady.

DarrinS
We're all dying to find out.

I've made my position clear. Business owners have first amendment rights and gays should be allowed to marry.

ploto
I simply can not fathom that people do not understand that this is not about what the guy said but about what he does with millions of dollars he makes off his business. It only makes sense not to give your money to someone who does something with it with which you do not agree. No one is saying the guy can not have his opinion nor express it, but they have the right to express what they think of him for having that view and acting in the manner in which he does.

If people want to give their money to Chic-fil-A to fight gay marriage they can, just as much as someone can plan a boycott so that people who are not aware where the money is going will know.

Seems a pretty shallow view of what it means to be Christian to think you can prove it by buying chicken from someone who uses your money like this. Seems it would be much more Christian to use that money to feed some chicken to some starving people.

Spurminator

Great, so now you can embarrass Christians AND SpursTalk! CELEBRATION TIME!!

Clipper Nation
08-01-2012, 11:59 PM
Congrats, B... you're really doing your part for the causes of anti-gay legislation at home and "Kill the Gays" legislation abroad....

CuckingFunt
08-01-2012, 11:59 PM
Wait a minute - weren't you just arguing in favor of the First Amendment, which protects freedom of speech and peaceful assembly? Does that somehow not equally apply to LGBT people?

But... but... kiss-in!! Eeeeeewwwwwww, icky!!!

MannyIsGod
08-02-2012, 12:00 AM
I simply can not fathom that people do not understand that this is not about what the guy said but about what he does with millions of dollars he makes off his business. It only makes sense not to give your money to someone who does something with it with which you do not agree. No one is saying the guy can not have his opinion nor express it, but they have the right to express what they think of him for having that view and acting in the manner in which he does.

If people want to give their money to Chic-fil-A to fight gay marriage they can, just as much as someone can plan a boycott so that people who are not aware where the money is going will know.

Seems a pretty shallow view of what it means to be Christian to think you can prove it by buying chicken from someone who uses your money like this. Seems it would be much more Christian to use that money to feed some chicken to some starving people.

DarrinS
08-02-2012, 12:00 AM
Well I'm sure thats going to make gay couples feel better about it.

These things take time. Attitudes have changed a lot during my lifetime.

MannyIsGod
08-02-2012, 12:01 AM
I agree with that, but its a lot easier to be patient when you're not the one who's rights are being denied.

Spurminator

:tu

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/600051_325211717573718_554833146_n.jpg

Crookshanks

I didn't say they couldn't show up - I just hope the normal people outnumber them so they can't take over the restaurant. See - the crowds today were peaceful and kind and patient. One woman even bought $100 worth of gift cards so her kids could hand them out to the people waiting in line. But the gays want to stage an "in your face" show of their perverted lifestyle - that's the difference.

Clipper Nation
New rule... before you want to call yourself a Libertarian, actually try reading the Constitution first.... it seems a lot of cats here just call themselves that because it's a big fancy word, but then do the same exact picking and choosing of when to invoke the Constitution that the neocons do, and they usually get it twisted.... Ron bless

DarrinS
08-02-2012, 12:02 AM
But... but... kiss-in!! Eeeeeewwwwwww, icky!!!

Yes. Would be icky if straight or gay. But I hate gratuitous PDA.

leemajors
Ploto with the goods

ChumpDumper
Crookshanks, I have to ask -- why do you want big government to regulate your religious practice of marriage?

Spurminator
08-02-2012, 12:03 AM
normal people

their perverted lifestyle

"But I don't hate them."

CuckingFunt
I've made my position clear. Business owners have first amendment rights and gays should be allowed to marry.

Okay. Great. We agree on those two points.

That doesn't mean your attempt to bring the Civil War into the conversation magically makes sense now.

Clipper Nation
I didn't say they couldn't show up - I just hope the normal people outnumber them so they can't take over the restaurant.
Son, I haven't seen the crowds, but if they're anything like what I'm picturing, they're far closer to People of Walmart than they are to "normal"...

But the gays want to stage an "in your face" show of their perverted lifestyle - that's the difference.
But I thought your magical sky fairy says "don't judge people"? Not to mention, how is THIS not an "in your face" show of people's bigoted, ignorant lifestyles?

Drachen
08-02-2012, 12:04 AM
Some people went to show their support for biblical values and traditional marriage; others went to show their support for freedom of speech - either way, it was a HUGE show of support and, judging by many of the comments in this thread and comments on other articles, it's pissing off the liberals in a big way -so I'd say it was a big success! And I hope big crowds show up on Friday also so that there's no room for the gays to stage their "kiss-in."

Really? I didn't see any signs that urged chick-fil-a to donate money to initiatives meant to make 2nd marriages illegal.... biblical values? CFA serves pork sausage, did any patron condemn them for that?

leemajors
08-02-2012, 12:05 AM
I didn't say they couldn't show up - I just hope the normal people outnumber them so they can't take over the restaurant. See - the crowds today were peaceful and kind and patient. One woman even bought $100 worth of gift cards so her kids could hand them out to the people waiting in line. But the gays want to stage an "in your face" show of their perverted lifestyle - that's the difference.

Kids, I don't hate the gays. I just don't think they should have the same rights as people! Praise Jesus!

DarrinS
08-02-2012, 12:05 AM
I agree with that, but its a lot easier to be patient when you're not the one who's rights are being denied.

True. They should join the ranks of us miserable married people immediately.

MannyIsGod
08-02-2012, 12:06 AM
New rule... before you want to call yourself a Libertarian, actually try reading the Constitution first.... it seems a lot of cats here just call themselves that because it's a big fancy word, but then do the same exact picking and choosing of when to invoke the Constitution that the neocons do, and they usually get it twisted.... Ron bless

The best is when Wild Cobra tries to say he's a libertarian. :lol I love it.

CuckingFunt

I dunno. All the campaigning, protests, and legislative activity intended to deny 1,100+ rights to a segment of the population seems pretty "in your face" to me.

DarrinS
Okay. Great. We agree on those two points.

That doesn't mean your attempt to bring the Civil War into the conversation magically makes sense now.

I just disagree that gays have had it as bad as blacks.

Crookshanks
08-02-2012, 12:07 AM
Crookshanks, I have to ask -- why do you want big government to regulate your religious practice of marriage?

It would be fine with me if government stayed out of it and let the church handle marriage. After all, it was God who ordained marriage, not government. And God ordained that marriage is between a man and a woman. So if government wants to afford gay couples certain benefits such as the right to make medical decisions or tax benefits, I have no problem with that. Marriage should be a religious institution.

Clipper Nation
08-02-2012, 12:08 AM
True. They should join the ranks of us miserable married people immediately.
THIS is the lamest, laziest homophobe excuse in the books.... I'm pretty sure the unhappiness involved in being judged by asshole fundies, treated like a second-class citizen, and denied equal rights every single day because of an identity LGBT people were born into FAR outweighs the unhappiness of the average marriage....

Drachen
08-02-2012, 12:08 AM
I dunno. All the campaigning, protests, and legislative activity intended to deny 1,100+ rights to a segment of the population seems pretty "in your face" to me.

...and perverted. All us normal people need to take the narrative away from those freaks.

Clipper Nation
08-02-2012, 12:09 AM
It would be fine with me if government stayed out of it and let the church handle marriage.
It's obviously not fine with the church, as they spend big bucks in every state and rile up the hick-ass bigots to keep blocking the inevitable legalization of gay marriage whenever it comes up at the polls.....

DarrinS
08-02-2012, 12:09 AM

Yikes. I'd call myself a true libertarian, but I'd vote for Obama ten times (assuming no ID would be required) over Ron Paul.

CuckingFunt
08-02-2012, 12:10 AM

It's not a race.

Drachen
THIS is the lamest, laziest homophobe excuse in the books.... I'm pretty sure the unhappiness involved in being judged by asshole fundies, treated like a second-class citizen, and denied equal rights every single day because of an identity LGBT people were born into FAR outweighs the unhappiness of the average marriage....

he has already said at least twice in this thread that gays should be able to marry. He was trying to be clever here, but I do believe that he thinks that they should be able to marry.

leemajors
It would be fine with me if government stayed out of it and let the church handle marriage. After all, it was God who ordained marriage, not government. And God ordained that marriage is between a man and a woman. So if government wants to afford gay couples certain benefits such as the right to make medical decisions or tax benefits, I have no problem with that. Marriage should be a religious institution.

Kids, I don't hate the gays. But damn if I have to treat them as I would like to be treated. Let's ignore the fact that two homosexual partners exchanging legal vows affects my marriage in no way

DarrinS
08-02-2012, 12:11 AM

Sarcasm. Geez

Clipper Nation
08-02-2012, 12:13 AM
They didn't have to go through slavery, but the shit that LGBT people had to go through in the 1950's and 1960's leading up to the Stonewall riots was pretty much as bad as Jim Crow, tbh.... homosexuals lost their jobs, were kicked out of school, were seen as criminals and Communists at the height of the Red Scare, were closely tracked by the government, and faced violence, jail time, and even institutionalization for an identity they didn't choose....

ChumpDumper
08-02-2012, 12:13 AM
It would be fine with me if government stayed out of it and let the church handle marriage. After all, it was God who ordained marriage, not government. And God ordained that marriage is between a man and a woman. So if government wants to afford gay couples certain benefits such as the right to make medical decisions or tax benefits, I have no problem with that. Marriage should be a religious institution.So as long as government does regulate it, you believe it should regulate it in a religious matter?

Which religion?

I'm trying to get a handle on what you mean,

clambake
08-02-2012, 12:14 AM
skanks is proof there is no god

leemajors
08-02-2012, 12:15 AM
So as long as government does regulate it, you believe it should regulate it in a religious matter?

Which religion?

I'm trying to get a handle on what you mean,

Chump, she may have to get permission from god and/or hubby to answer.