PDA

View Full Version : Spurs Need to Go All-In

Pages : [1] 2

DPG21920
07-18-2018, 04:05 PM
They clearly made the decision to put the now over the future of the franchise. They had offers of multiple picks and opted to take a package with one pick that is medicore at best and worthless at worst.

If that is the case, you need to go all-in. This roster is too flawed and too unbalanced to trade Kawhi for that package because you want to “win” and not actually you know “try to win”.

They cannot let this roster stand as is IMO. They have to push way harder based on their decisions. Losing Kyle/TP for Beli/Cunningham is not anywhere in the realm of good enough if you are putting now over the franchises future with the trading of your best asset.

Win-now if you are going to win-now.

Mr. Body
07-18-2018, 04:06 PM
Huh? After two years these contracts all go away. GSW might be done by then.

SpurPadre
07-18-2018, 04:06 PM
They clearly made the decision to put the now over the future of the franchise. They had offers of multiple picks and opted to take a package with one pick that is medicore at best and worthless at worst.

If that is the case, you need to go all-in. This roster is too flawed and too unbalanced to trade Kawhi for that package because you want to “win” and not actually you know “try to win”.

They cannot let this roster stand as is IMO. They have to push way harder based on their decisions. Losing Kyle/TP for Beli/Cunningham is not anywhere in the realm of good enough if you are putting now over the franchises future with the trading of your best asset.

The Dubs got Cousins. Game over bro.

DPG21920
07-18-2018, 04:08 PM

What does that have to do with it. Who cares if SA can clear the books in 2 years? They didn’t get back any long-term assets in the Kawhi Deal. They care about winning now knowing GS exists. So push it. Go all-in and worry about 2 years in 2 years.

slick'81
07-18-2018, 04:09 PM
are you suggesting another trade

hater
07-18-2018, 04:09 PM
OP lost his mind like ma nig DAF

Mugen
07-18-2018, 04:10 PM
Agreed but they won't tbh. Sounds like they are high on Murray and he's literally the only piece that could reasonably bring back All Star talent like Kemba.

HarlemHeat37
07-18-2018, 04:10 PM
The Dubs got Cousins. Game over bro.

Cousins is likely finished, tbh..

DAF86
07-18-2018, 04:11 PM
They could get Lebron that they won't have a chance at a championship. Just play these seasons, mantain the playoffs streak alive and hope that Murray, White and/or Walker become stars.

DPG21920
07-18-2018, 04:11 PM
Agreed but they won't tbh. Sounds like they are high on Murray and he's literally the only piece that could reasonably bring back All Star talent like Kemba.

Disagree. Pau having a partial guarantee and being willing to part with multiple picks (TOR and your own) should net a very positive player in the 14-18M range.

DPG21920
07-18-2018, 04:12 PM
I don’t want Murray/White/Lonnie traded, but if SA could get Kemba by giving up Murray? Fine.

TheGreatYacht
Pop doesn't give a shit, OP. Once again today he belittled basketball as a little kid's game and meaningless in the grand scheme of things.

He just wants to be good enough to not suck until he's gone in 2020. He fucked everything Duncan built. Two unhappy superstars in 2 years and he just traded for another one. Not to mention he let the greatest PG in franchise history walk away for less than what that scrub Bertans is making. He's lost it.

tbdog
The now is 2 to 3 years. Hopefully by then we know where white, walker, Murray, and Poeltl stand. No one beats Warriors this year. But I have been saying that warriors will be a different team 2020. The window reopens. Rockets might have missed the window. In the meantime, winning playoff games will be fun compared to hoping we don't win too many regular season games.

SpursDynasty85
07-18-2018, 04:13 PM
Not sure how the cap space works out the next 1 or 2 years but trading more guys isn't usually the Spurs way either. Spurs are methodical and it takes time to groom personalities and players into the Spurs system. Just gotta hope one or two of Walker, White, Murray turns into an all star in 3 years when Aldridge, Gay, and Derozan become old.

raybies
07-18-2018, 04:14 PM

DPG you are solid poster but your just leading an exodus that is not gonna happen. Why you gonna instigate so many people here??? It's post like this that build false hope and ultimately leads to more anger. You have no idea what picks were offered and until you do it's hard to argue that it's more value. We all thought packages were better than they were cause we have the goggles of what a healthy Kawhi SHOULD bring back but the reality is much farther than that. As fans from our perspective it's hard to understand just how bad the market was and we tried to believe that we had leverage in any way when in reality we didn't. We were up against the clock. Been saying it for a couple seasons now but the League is getting smarter. We got about the same package as Indy got for Paul George except we got a pick, like it or hate it. It's a buyers market right now.

BD24
07-18-2018, 04:14 PM
Okay, cool suggestion bro.

What does goig all in loook like? Who do we get? How do we get them.

Layout the plan or your just throwing shit at the wall tbh.

YoungbuckMurray
07-18-2018, 04:15 PM
What could we legitimately get for Pau/Mills +SA 1st in 2019+Tor 1st 2019+Spurs 2020 1st?

Mugen
07-18-2018, 04:16 PM
Disagree. Pau having a partial guarantee and being willing to part with multiple picks (TOR and your own) should net a very positive player in the 14-18M range.

Doubt it. Murray would have to be involved which I'm fine with tbh.

Murray/Pau/Mills/1st for Kemba/Batum works financially and would actually make sense for the roster and the team's goals (yes Batum has a horrible contract). Charlotte does it to get off of Batum's horrible contract and get back players Borrego is familiar with...

Kemba/Derozan/Batum/LMA/Poetl....that's 2nd in the West with an outside chance of knocking out the Dubs....

It's the type of trade they need to do, but I highly doubt they will. So much shakeup already this offseason and I just know Pop/RC won't have the cajones to fire off another bullet.

RD2191
07-18-2018, 04:17 PM

Tbh

timvp
07-18-2018, 04:17 PM
If the Spurs suspect Kawhi is broken, I'd trade that protected pick ASAP before it turns into two second rounders.

Losing Kyle/TP for Beli/Cunningham is not anywhere in the realm of good enough if you are putting now over the franchises future with the trading of your best asset.

Kyle would have been a terrible fit next to DeRozan and Murray. Like literally unplayable bad.

DPG21920
07-18-2018, 04:18 PM
DPG you are solid poster but your just leading an exodus that is not gonna happen. Why you gonna instigate so many people here??? It's post like this that build false hope and ultimately leads to more anger. You have no idea what picks were offered and until you do it's hard to argue that it's more value. We all thought packages were better than they were cause we have the goggles of what a healthy Kawhi SHOULD bring back but the reality is much farther than that. As fans from our perspective it's hard to understand just how bad the market was and we tried to believe that we had leverage in any way when in reality we didn't. We were up against the clock. Been saying it for a couple seasons now but the League is getting smarter. We got about the same package as Indy got for Paul George except we got a pick, like it or hate it. It's a buyers market right now.

I’m posting what I believe. I don’t troll. I believe the reports that PHI/BOS offered pick heavy packages. It’s not a guess or a lie; its been reported.

The picks they have a far better than the pick SA got and getting picks and expiring would be rebuild, while still being able to maybe be a playoff team.

SA clearly wanted to win. Unless they got an insane young talent like Embiid they always valued getting the best win-now player they could.

I’m fine with that and understand it. I’m saying, don’t half ass it now. It’s not just about beating GS but put yourself in a stronger position to be the 2nd seed and get win-now players if you can.

I’m not going to fume if they don’t; I just hope they are trying.

Robz4000
07-18-2018, 04:18 PM
They aren't trying to contend, they're trying to be a treadmill team in basketball purgatory so Pop doesn't have to go out on a bottom-feeder. They'll try to keep relevant to keep the cash flow going while Pop does his farewell tour regardless of how it hurts the team.

TXstbobcat
07-18-2018, 04:19 PM
What could we legitimately get for Pau/Mills +SA 1st in 2019+Tor 1st 2019+Spurs 2020 1st?

The Toronto 1st is almost worthless. (Top 20 protected).

YoungbuckMurray

Maybe Gasol/Mills +Spurs 2019 1st +Tor 2019 1st +Spurs 2020 1st for Butler??

Russ

I think they're rebuilding on the fly just like they always do.

They just aquired the #9 pick in the draft from two years ago as well as a future (admittedly non-lottery) 1st Round pick.

They're going to start a 20-year-old at point guard with youngsters Derrick White and Lonnie Walker likely in the rotation soon.

When the Spurs traded for Kawhi everyone jumped off the ledge and said they had no present or future. They had both.

spurraider21
lol at the "championship or tank" mentality

Mr. Body
What does that have to do with it. Who cares if SA can clear the books in 2 years? They didn’t get back any long-term assets in the Kawhi Deal. They care about winning now knowing GS exists. So push it. Go all-in and worry about 2 years in 2 years.

You're taking about wrecking their future and they're not.

hater
Spurs wanted to keep winning but they aint getting nowhere in the POs with Lamarsha and DeChokezan

Wake up

YoungbuckMurray
07-18-2018, 04:20 PM
Regardless what about 3 1sts + Gasol (cap dump) for Butler?

DPG21920
07-18-2018, 04:20 PM
If the Spurs suspect Kawhi is broken, I'd trade that protected pick ASAP before it turns into two second rounders.

Kyle would have been a terrible fit next to DeRozan and Murray. Like literally unplayable bad.

Thats fine but he was an asset. He obviously had value. Regardless of fit, the point was not about “losing Kyle”. It was about stopping at Beli/Cunningham if your plan is to win now.

You can’t, IMO, make this type of trade over a pick heavy trade and stop going for it.

Hoops Czar
07-18-2018, 04:21 PM
So are the Spurs for the foreseeable future.

hater
07-18-2018, 04:22 PM

Amen

/thread

DPG21920
lol at the "championship or tank" mentality

That’s not what this is.

HarlemHeat37

You finally got your wish:toast

vander
too much turnover already, just roll with it this year, let the team acclimate, get the new guys some corporate knowledge. then next year, Walker will start getting real minutes, team might actually be something, trade Pau and a first for something.

Hoops Czar
The best RC is likely to get is a second rounder.

DAF86
07-18-2018, 04:23 PM
I don’t want Murray/White/Lonnie traded, but if SA could get Kemba by giving up Murray? Fine.

You want Kemba so instead of a second round team (at best) we can become a second round team with an extremely long shot at a WCF appearance?

TheGreatYacht
07-18-2018, 04:23 PM
Damn the fluffer brigade has turned on one of their own just because he quit fondling PATFO's balls for a minute. Derozan is right. Bitches ain't loyal

DPG21920
07-18-2018, 04:24 PM
You're taking about wrecking their future and they're not.

How is that wrecking their future? If people are fine with trying to win (I am) for next 2 years then what’s 3 years? I’m not saying get a player with a 5 year deal. I’m saying keep building the team to win as best as possible right now. Don’t stop now or do it half ass.

It’s not a great roster fit wise or depth wise and I am saying push to make it better. That doesn’t mean it has to even be a star.

spurs10
I don't know that RC is over and I'm sure someone like Kemba has been considered.

DPG21920
You want Kemba so instead of a second round team (at best) we can become a second round team with an extremely long shot at a WCF appearance?

Absolutely.

Hoops Czar
07-18-2018, 04:28 PM
You finally got your wish:toast

I have been telling you since 2009 when Tim Duncan retires, the so-called "GOAT" PATFO was going to be exposed something awful. You know what they say about leading camels to water..... :lol

On a side not, Have you bought your Raptors season tickets yet?

raybies
07-18-2018, 04:28 PM
I’m posting what I believe. I don’t troll. I believe the reports that PHI/BOS offered pick heavy packages. It’s not a guess or a lie; its been reported.

The picks they have a far better than the pick SA got and getting picks and expiring would be rebuild, while still being able to maybe be a playoff team.

SA clearly wanted to win. Unless they got an insane young talent like Embiid they always valued getting the best win-now player they could.

I’m fine with that and understand it. I’m saying, don’t half ass it now. It’s not just about beating GS but put yourself in a stronger position to be the 2nd seed and get win-now players if you can.

I’m not going to fume if they don’t; I just hope they are trying.
That's fair and all bro, but DeMar is an ALL NBA player and 4 time ALL Star in his prime. He's on a safe contract for some stability for a few years after all this mess. Even if you feel his PPG is inflated he still put over 23+ PPG for like 3 years now. The dude can flat out score. He has his limitations and it never surprises me when Spurstalk overrates negatives over positives. It's just the nature of the beast. No surprise people were fueled by the drama here but I digress. Getting a sure thing in Derozan with stability and solid prospect with a pick is not bad. Sure I'd want more too but dam bro, Kawhi really fucked shit up. Uncle spewing venom every chance he gets.. For goodness sakes, they already come and basically said he'd sit and doesn't want to play there. How many franchises would take that gamble and unneeded media attention. For example Lonzos trade value is all but dead at this point he was just drafted second this last year. Kawhi's camp has put them in basically the same boat.

My belief is Masai said look I'll waive the physical but you have to accept this trade. Final offer. Y'all may think PATFO caved but i believe they took the sure thing that may have not been there later.

Mugen
07-18-2018, 04:29 PM

Kemba/Derozan/LMA with Pop coaching should make the WCF tbh. Who's beating that team in the West outside of the Warriors? :lol

Hoops Czar
07-18-2018, 04:29 PM
Absolutely.
Staying playoff competitive just so you have something to watch on TV?

mo7888
07-18-2018, 04:30 PM

I would explore trades for several guys in the $20+ price range with teams that will be in cap hell this year or especially next and see if anyone bites. Pau+Mills+ pick('s) for Wiggins, Porter, or Beal. If you're going to go for it now then you have to make another move.

In the absence of that, I'd look for a trade for a bad contract with a good young player attached using Pau and his tax saving deal next year as the bait.

DieHardSpursFan1537
07-18-2018, 04:30 PM
This. Golden State is going to have a nightmare on their hands after the 18-19 season once Durant, Draymond, and Klay all demand $200 mil. contracts

TXstbobcat
07-18-2018, 04:32 PM
Kemba/Derozan/LMA with Pop coaching should make the WCF tbh. Who's beating that team in the West outside of the Warriors? :lol

What are you willing to give up for Kemba?

Mugen
Derozan is win now and compete for the next 2-3 years. Why wait to see if Dejounte/White turn into a Kemba Walker when they can probably get the real thing now tbh.

People disagreeing is the same shit that retard Philly fans were saying about not trading Fultz for Leonard :lol

Payote75
Ive Been saying it for a while now but obviously when pop sat with that poor ass hood rat the Spurs had another trade up there sleeve to bring some help for kawitter he basically sad he didn't care and that was that. Assuming Danny green wasn't part of said trade then we still have the ability to pull it off. It was reported that trade was for Walker. Maybe pop figured kawitter and his def along with green opting in would make it ok to part with Murray but now who knows. If that trade were still on the table though and Walker would commit to staying I would still do it. We would have a very very good team and a team playing pop ball is always dangerous no matter the personnel.

Seventyniner
07-18-2018, 04:34 PM
The Toronto 1st is almost worthless. (Top 20 protected).

The Raps had the 2nd best record in the league last year and just got better. Unless injuries ravage them, it would surprise me if their pick makes it into the top 20.

MannyIsGod
I don't think they have to act over the summer. They could wait to see what the early season brings. Teams will sour on their situations and look to dump players and the Spurs can be actors in that. I agree with you, however. They have some ability to add another good player and they should look to do that now that they didn't opt for a total rebuild

TheGreatYacht
:cry Built not bought :cry fans still exist????? :lol

Spurs da champs
Derozan is win now and compete for the next 2-3 years. Why wait to see if Dejounte/White turn into a Kemba Walker when they can probably get it done now tbh.

People disagreeing is the same shit that retard Philly fans were saying about not trading Fultz for Leonard :lol
A big 3 of DeRozan, LMA, & Kemba doesn't challenge the Warriors. I think patience is the way to go for the Spurs, tbh.

Mugen
07-18-2018, 04:35 PM
What are you willing to give up for Kemba?

Murray and a 1st. I don't think salaries will work so Pau would have to be included but CHA won't take Pau back unless we take back Batum and then I think Mills would have to be involved.

Batum has a horrible contract but Kemba/Batum to this roster while getting rid of Pau/Patty make the Spurs easily a Top 3-4 team in the league.

Again, it would never happen but it's nice to think about :lol

SpursforSix

and yet he'd be the best big on the Spurs

Mugen
A big 3 of DeRozan, LMA, & Kemba doesn't challenge the Warriors.

I didn't say it would, no one is challenging the Warriors :lol

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-18-2018, 04:36 PM
This is about preserving Pop's legacy of making it to the playoffs every year. Nothing more.

MannyIsGod
07-18-2018, 04:37 PM

You are shit posting on an amazing level right now. The Spurs are not Barcelona. It's not title or bust WCF appearances are nothing to scoff at.

RD2191
I didn't say it would, no one is challenging the Warriors :lol

So then what's the point?

dbestpro
LMA and DeRozan are legit. Everyone else are situational. We need a third player, preferably a SF who can hit the three with size. Clippers are going nowhere, so I wonder if Tobias Harris who has an expiring contract could be made available. Just not sure we have the picks and salary to make it work. The poor side would either be Beasley or Nick Young.

MannyIsGod
A big 3 of DeRozan, LMA, & Kemba doesn't challenge the Warriors. I think patience is the way to go for the Spurs, tbh.

No one challenges the fucking warriors man. That's not the bar.

DPG21920
That's fair and all bro, but DeMar is an ALL NBA player and 4 time ALL Star in his prime. He's on a safe contract for some stability for a few years after all this mess. Even if you feel his PPG is inflated he still put over 23+ PPG for like 3 years now. The dude can flat out score. He has his limitations and it never surprises me when Spurstalk overrates negatives over positives. It's just the nature of the beast. No surprise people were fueled by the drama here but I digress. Getting a sure thing in Derozan with stability and solid prospect with a pick is not bad. Sure I'd want more too but dam bro, Kawhi really fucked shit up. Uncle spewing venom every chance he gets.. For goodness sakes, they already come and basically said he'd sit and doesn't want to play there. How many franchises would take that gamble and unneeded media attention. For example Lonzos trade value is all but dead at this point he was just drafted second this last year. Kawhi's camp has put them in basically the same boat.

My belief is Masai said look I'll waive the physical but you have to accept this trade. Final offer. Y'all may think PATFO caved but i believe they took the sure thing that may have not been there later.

Sorry - I need to clarify. I agree with all of this. I am fine with what SA did and fully understanding of it. In fact, I’ve been arguing for a while that SA SHOULD NOT blow it up. They won 47 without Kawhi (and the dark cloud hanging) and that anything for Kawhi would help SA maintain.

Im arguing almost the opposite of what you are saying: The fact SA got way more of a player, especially in the place of young talent/picks, that it stands to reason they should now go for it.

I don’t mean I expect them to land Anthony Davis, but they got an all-star instead of good picks. Pop is on the way out in a couple years. Go for it. Get more win now players if that means using your picks to do so. SA has some young talent already and their picks won’t be lottery picks. Win now.

YoungbuckMurray
07-18-2018, 04:38 PM
Make a play for Jimmy Butler!

TheGreatYacht
This is about preserving Pop's legacy of making it to the playoffs every year. Nothing more.
The person who tells everyone to get over themselves has the biggest ego in the room. Shocking.

baseline bum

I think it's more about being able to sell tickets. As much as I'd love to see them blow it up and tank for lottery picks I don't own the team and I'm not the one who'd be losing money from it for years.

Seventyniner
I'd be blowing up Minnesota's phones. If you can get Butler without giving up Aldridge or DeRozan it would be a coup.

Then I would go buy some Powerball tickets cause it has about the same chance of happening. :lol

Spurs da champs
07-18-2018, 04:39 PM

There's no point of giving up on Murray & White for mediocrity. Criticizing sixers for not getting rid of Fultz in pursuit of Kawhi is right, he gets them to the finals. Walker doesn't make a difference in Spurs case.

DPG21920
Staying playoff competitive just so you have something to watch on TV?

Yes :lol. I mean, what the hell is the point of basketball other than trying to win and entertainment?

Hoops Czar
No building blocks for the future and a very slim three year window without the cap space to significantly improve the roster. Yeah, the PATFO just set the franchise back 5-7 years just so Pop can stroke his ego for another two years before handing over the reigns to Becky.

DPG21920
07-18-2018, 04:40 PM
I don't think they have to act over the summer. They could wait to see what the early season brings. Teams will sour on their situations and look to dump players and the Spurs can be actors in that. I agree with you, however. They have some ability to add another good player and they should look to do that now that they didn't opt for a total rebuild

That’s a fair point. I guess this came off as “now” but I’m saying I just want them to go for it. Whether that is at the ASB or next season, go for it.

DPG21920
07-18-2018, 04:42 PM
I heard Khris Middleton is available. Something like that would be incredible.

Mugen
07-18-2018, 04:43 PM

:lol So you're wasting a year of the two that Pop has left?

YoungbuckMurray
07-18-2018, 04:44 PM

What do you think it would take??

Mugen
07-18-2018, 04:44 PM
So then what's the point?

I'd rather see a WCF exit than a 1st round exit tbh

TheGreatYacht
07-18-2018, 04:46 PM
No building blocks for the future and a very slim three year window without the cap space to significantly improve the roster. Yeah, the PATFO just set the franchise back 5-7 years just so Pop can stroke his ego for another two years before handing over the reigns to Becky.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_V4w18ZWaPas/Sb2N7iZDE-I/AAAAAAAAEGM/3fbvKB5ECf4/s400/Asteroid-hits-Earth-01.jpg

Killakobe81
07-18-2018, 04:47 PM

This.
I love Deeps but he must be a Drake fan cuz he is way in to his feelings.
(BTW this is an example of one those "iffy takes" along with Josh Jackson)
This is not a good day. KL is gone.
Spurs might get DD to improve his 3 ball and actually give a damn on defense ...
But there is no path for the Spurs to "win now".
That slim chance is on it's way to Canada.
Spurs will make playoffs and if they catch a break maybe they win a round ...
But that's it and that's all.

Welcome to mediocrity Spur fan I know it has been a long time (for the most part) since you were here but here it is ...

Mugen
07-18-2018, 04:48 PM
^ literally makes no sense :lol

exstatic
07-18-2018, 04:49 PM
Regardless what about 3 1sts + Gasol (cap dump) for Butler?

Because you don't trade 3 firsts for a rental. LA, PHI, and BOS made that quite clear this summer.

DPG21920
07-18-2018, 04:51 PM
What do you think it would take??

Maybe Mills + Bertans + pick. I am not sure honestly, but saying something like that makes a ton of sense.

Killakobe81

I know you don't get mediocrity its been scarce around here ...
Just relax you will get what I mean come playoff time.

YoungbuckMurray
Because you don't trade 3 firsts for a rental. LA, PHI, and BOS made that quite clear this summer.

Maybe it's a risk but I think Jimmy is a perfect Spur and actually exactly what this team needs so if we are going for it and can get a deal done with basically picks I do that trade in a heartbeat

slick'81
Lol at winning a ship with the trash pieces of pau and mills.id be thrilled if we could package tyem for almost damn near anything

DPG21920
07-18-2018, 04:52 PM
This.
Spurs might get DD to improve his 3 ball and actually give a damn on defense ...

Welcome to mediocrity Spur fan I know it has been a long time (for the most part) since you were here but here it is ...

Dude. Getting to a WCF is not a joke or something to scoff at. I get it. The super cool Laker fan who hasn’t made the playoffs in 5 years is scoffing a WCF because they have so much pride on the championship or bust mentality...

Even if you cant be GS, building a great team is the goal.

YoungbuckMurray
07-18-2018, 04:52 PM
Maybe Mills + Bertans + pick. I am not sure honestly, but saying something like that makes a ton of sense.
I think id do mills +both 1sts this season for middleton

exstatic
07-18-2018, 04:53 PM
This.

The LAL have missed the playoffs more times in the last 5 years than SA has in their 43 year history, so don't lecture us or welcome us to mediocrity. You've done nothing but look UP at mediocrity in recent memory

BD24
07-18-2018, 04:54 PM
This.

Yep. Spot on. Really disappointed with this. If the Lakers offered Ingram and a pick at some point that would of been a much better haul than this.

like you said, DPG is usually a pretty smart guy. He doesn’t know what to do or think after this shit storm tbh:lol

jjktkk
OP hates the idea that PATFO is trying to rebuild on the fly, but still contend for the playoffs. Imo OP also is overvaluing the loss of TP and Anderson. Loved what TP did for the Spurs franchise, but the TP of today would have a hard time finding minutes with this current Spur's roster. I'll miss SLOMO's versatility and ballhandling, but the Grizz overpaid for him. I'm now anxious to see how the guard trio of Murry, Walker, and White evolve this year, as well as the new additions of Derozen, Poeltl, Beli and Cunningham.

baseline bum

You're probably going to be right there with us with Rondo as your second best player though. LeBron only got Cleveland to the 4-seed in the East and one of Houston/GSW will be waiting in the second round.

Mugen

I get what mediocrity is as I've been a Dodger fan for a while and what terrible teams are since I've also been a Raiders fan :lol

That doesn't change the fact that your post doesn't make sense, it's fine though.

DMC
Pop about to play his magnum opus, getting these people to the 2nd round.

spurraider21
07-18-2018, 04:55 PM
he's just pissy that the lakers didnt get kawhi

mo7888
07-18-2018, 04:55 PM
The LAL have missed the playoffs more times in the last 5 years than SA has in their 43 year history, so don't lecture us or welcome us to mediocrity. You've done nothing but look UP at mediocrity in recent memory
:ihit:toast

TimDunkem
07-18-2018, 04:56 PM
Yeah you need to keep making moves if Pop is unwilling to tank. NBA purgatory (too good to get a decent pick, too bad to contend) is not where you want to be. Sure, you're probably not going to catch the Warriors, but you have to try.

Mugen
07-18-2018, 04:56 PM
People are missing OP's point tbh :lol

All he's saying is why stop at Derozan? There are other all-stars that can be had so why stay pat when the front office clearly wants to remain competitive for at least the next 2 season.

Mugen
07-18-2018, 04:57 PM

:lol Killa is fine and welcome on the board but all the hedging he's done on the Kawhi/Lakers situation has probably confused the fuck outta him at this point tbh

YoungbuckMurray
07-18-2018, 04:59 PM

All he's saying is why stop at Derozan? There are other all-stars that can be had so why stay pat when the front office clearly wants to remain competitive for at least the next 2 season.

Exactly. If we are able to get say a Jimmy Butler with a pick heavy deal, would we not at least be in contention to compete with the Warriors. Lets not forget the Warriors almost lost to Houston this year who I don't think are unbelievable in any way. They can be beat. Give me Butler and our young guys and lets try to knock them off with Pop at the healm

Killakobe81
07-18-2018, 05:01 PM

Nope. I have been smiling all day tbh.
Already said I did not want to trade Ingram or multiple 1sts for a injured Player.
If he is healthy we have a shot at him, if not we dodged a bullet .
And even if is healthy and chooses to stay or the Clips he didn't go to Boston or Philly or anywhere else that can win a title.

Life is good, we got Bron.
Yall got DD ...

I just feel bad for Pop.

baseline bum
07-18-2018, 05:01 PM

https://78.media.tumblr.com/c99ea4272f5a0af267bfabf9d0c53761/tumblr_n5ww20Tv9Q1sgrc34o1_400.gif

picnroll
07-18-2018, 05:03 PM

If the Spurs end up with two second round picks one would likely be the year they make players coming out of high school eligible, so in effect that would be a first round pick. Spurs would have their first and second and Toronto’s second so three picks from the top 30 of two classes.

MannyIsGod
07-18-2018, 05:03 PM
:lol So you're wasting a year of the two that Pop has left?

Wasting a year? I said early season man, I'm talking about making moves prior to the deadline. There will certainly be more options then then there are now.

DPG21920
07-18-2018, 05:04 PM
I think id do mills +both 1sts this season for middleton

100% I would do that too.

Killakobe81
07-18-2018, 05:04 PM

Ex we havent even been mediocre the past 4 years we have been God awful only last year did the ship start to turn ...we were headed for the Titanic until Maginka took over.
Does that make you feel better in some way?
I know we have sucked.

Hoops Czar
07-18-2018, 05:06 PM
Already said I did not want to trade Ingram or multiple 1sts for a injured Player.
And even if is healthy and chooses to stay or the Clips he didn't go to Boston or Philly or anywhere else that can win a title.

Yall got DD ...

I just feel bad for Pop.

Don't feel bad for Pop. He brought this on himself. Basketball is about personality, expression and entertainment, not about culture and Trump bashing.

Killakobe81
07-18-2018, 05:07 PM
Dude. Getting to a WCF is not a joke or something to scoff at. I get it. The super cool Laker fan who hasn’t made the playoffs in 5 years is scoffing a WCF because they have so much pride on the championship or bust mentality...

Even if you cant be GS, building a great team is the goal.

WCF Spurs are not getting there. It's and round at best or one and done boys. Have you ssee what teams led by Aldridge and derozen in the playoffs? Pop wil lead yall to wins maybe even 50 again but playoff success walked out the door with Kawhi ...

RD2191

Which all stars though?

DPG21920
OP hates the idea that PATFO is trying to rebuild on the fly, but still contend for the playoffs. Imo OP also is overvaluing the loss of TP and Anderson. Loved what TP did for the Spurs franchise, but the TP of today would have a hard time finding minutes with this current Spur's roster. I'll miss SLOMO's versatility and ballhandling, but the Grizz overpaid for him. I'm now anxious to see how the guard trio of Murry, Walker, and White evolve this year, as well as the new additions of Derozen, Poeltl, Beli and Cunningham.

Forget about TP/Kyle or anything else. Focus on what sa got in the deal for Kawhi. They are rebuilding on the fly but they got an all-star. They should push to win now.

How many other late first type players do you need on the roster when you have a chance to be a clear cut WCF level team by giving up a couple picks? :lol I’m not saying I’m not excited to see what SA does. I’m saying I know why they did what they did in the Kawhi trade and I want them to keep going in that direction the next 2 years.

I don’t get why this is so controversial other than with the “if you can’t be GS what’s the damn point crew!!!”

MannyIsGod
I don't know why Killa is in here acting like the Lakers aren't about to finish behind the Spurs in the standings this upcoming season.

Mugen
07-18-2018, 05:08 PM
Wasting a year? I said early season man, I'm talking about making moves prior to the deadline. There will certainly be more options then then there are now.

This much change/turmoil has probably shook Pop/RC to the core. You expect them to make some big splash at the trade deadline when there's no training camp, preseason, etc. ? :lol

DPG21920
07-18-2018, 05:08 PM

Yall got DD ...

I just feel bad for Pop.

You think LA has a better record than SA this year?

MannyIsGod
07-18-2018, 05:09 PM
DeRozan is far from perfect but people need to realize he just got 2nd team all NBA. I mean JFC how in the hell could PATFO do better than that realistically in a package that doesn't involve a ton of picks?

Mugen
Pop shit out a 47 win playoff team with Kyle Fucking Anderson getting the 2nd most minutes on the team.

You really don't think the Spurs don't improve on that by adding even a flawed all star? :lol

Holden_Caulfield
We have LA, Patty and DeDe for 65 mil for the next 3 years. If that isn't all in idk what is :lol

DPG21920
07-18-2018, 05:10 PM
WCF Spurs are not getting there. It's and round at best or one and done boys. Have you ssee what teams led by Aldridge and derozen in the playoffs? Pop wil lead yall to wins maybe even 50 again but playoff success walked out the door with Kawhi ...

Bruv, I’m saying SA should add to LMA/DeRozan. Why is this hard?

slick'81
This much change/turmoil has probably shook Pop/RC to the core. You expect them to make some big splash at the trade deadline when there's no training camp, preseason, etc. ? :lol

Right! But hey is spurs could turn patty/pau horrendous salary into something useful that would be great.Wont happen but still great to hope

MannyIsGod

I expect them to make a trade if it's a good trade regardless of the deadline. Look, if you can go and get Kemba right now, then yeah I think you should do it. But I don't think that trade is likely. A couple of months into the season, a lot of teams will be looking to change things up and then maybe you can get a good deal.

DPG21920
DeRozan is far from perfect but people need to realize he just got 2nd team all NBA. I mean JFC how in the hell could PATFO do better than that realistically in a package that doesn't involve a ton of picks?

I hope that is not aimed at me :lol

picnroll
07-18-2018, 05:11 PM

Yall got DD ...

I just feel bad for Pop.
Don’t worry. Khwitter’s going to LA, the Clippers, and Laker fans will be fucked again. :lol

MannyIsGod
07-18-2018, 05:11 PM
Pop shit out a 47 win playoff team with Kyle Fucking Anderson getting the 2nd most minutes on the team.

You really don't think the Spurs don't improve on that by adding even a flawed all star? :lol

DPG21920
07-18-2018, 05:12 PM
Which all stars though?

What the fudge is going on with people :lol? Like we know which guys are totally available or what it would take. Just focus on the damn concept here.

It doesn’t even have to be an all-star. It can be someone like Middleton and be a big improvement and yes I would give up a pick or picks for someone like that too.

Killakobe81
You're probably going to be right there with us with Rondo as your second best player though. LeBron only got Cleveland to the 4-seed in the East and one of Houston/GSW will be waiting in the second round.

Houston.
Lakers just need to stay on the other side of the bracket from state.
and I'll take my chances with Rox.

MannyIsGod
I hope that is not aimed at me :lol

No, its at people acting like we just got a marginal player when we got someone that is probably just as good as LMA who carried this team last year.

DMC
07-18-2018, 05:13 PM

Yall got DD ...

I just feel bad for Pop.

You have a worse team than Lebron had in Cleveland, and you have it in the same conference as the Warriors and Rockets. You're not going anywhere.

The 1st time Lebron has missed a Finals in this decade will be because he joined the Lakers.

Mugen
I expect them to make a trade if it's a good trade regardless of the deadline. Look, if you can go and get Kemba right now, then yeah I think you should do it. But I don't think that trade is likely. A couple of months into the season, a lot of teams will be looking to change things up and then maybe you can get a good deal.

I don't think the trade is likely either but not because of lack of assets or desire from Charlotte. They could probably get that done but I don't think they've got the cajones to pull off another major trade. Like I said, they're probably shook at this point. Relieved but shook nonetheless.

dbestpro
The Spurs have always played their best when underestimated by the media. This year will be the same. If no one emerges the Spurs will make a move to bring in a 3rd scorer.

Mugen
07-18-2018, 05:14 PM
Houston.
Lakers just need to stay on the other side of the bracket from state.
and I'll take my chances with Rox.

:lol We all float down here, Killa. You'll float too.

Pavlov
DeRozan is far from perfect but people need to realize he just got 2nd team all NBA. I mean JFC how in the hell could PATFO do better than that realistically in a package that doesn't involve a ton of picks?DeRozan is capable of scoring 20-40 points against playoff teams, so that's actually pretty OK.

baseline bum

If this was reddit I'd upvote the shit out of that comment. And then call you a faggot for posting there.

DPG21920
07-18-2018, 05:15 PM
You have a worse team than Lebron had in Cleveland, and you have it in the same conference as the Warriors and Rockets. You're not going anywhere.

The 1st time Lebron has missed a Finals in this decade will be because he joined the Lakers.

Spot on. Maybe they should trade Lebron for picks because they have no shot at beating GS. What is the point of being medicore???

Spurs da champs
07-18-2018, 05:16 PM
When you talk about a Middleton or Butler type, I'm 100% on board with that. Kemba won't make us a WCF team imho.

DMC
The Spurs have always played their best when underestimated by the media. This year will be the same. If no one emerges the Spurs will make a move to bring in a 3rd scorer.

That says more about the media than it does about the Spurs. No one will really notice who gets to the conference semis. They will only remember the final 4, and I doubt SA will be among those people but you never know.

DPG21920
Adding DeRozan/Poeltl/Beli is definitely an upgrade over last year’s roster less Kyle/TP/Joff.

Killa trying to be cute with adding Kawhi into that equation but last years team didn’t have Kawhi.

Mugen
07-18-2018, 05:17 PM
If this was reddit I'd upvote the shit out of that comment. And then call you a faggot for posting there.

:lol "thanks for the gold kind stranger"

DMC
07-18-2018, 05:17 PM
Spot on. Maybe they should trade Lebron for picks because they have no shot at beating GS. What is the point of being medicore???

Jeannie is staving off the avalanche of shit that her brother felt when she also cannot get it done. She will sell season tickets and make a ton of money from the hype. She won't win anything.

YoungbuckMurray
07-18-2018, 05:18 PM
When you talk about a Middleton or Butler type, I'm 100% on board with that. Kemba won't make us a WCF team imho.
Butler makes a bunch of sense to me as he wants out of Minnesota, not because he doesn't like the place or wants to be in a big market, but because he is so competitive and guys slack off. Sounds like a Pop guy to me so I see him re-signing in SA

Killakobe81
You think LA has a better record than SA this year?

Nope. Because of Pop and all the new players on Lakers you guys will win like 47-52 and we will probably be a few behind that.
Would love a shot at you guys come playoff time though.

But if we do win more than yall that would be amazing.
Even before Magic said it not worried about wins just need to make playoffs and avoid the state side of the bracket.
In Bron and Ingram (to a lessor extent) I trust ....

DPG21920
That says more about the media than it does about the Spurs. No one will really notice who gets to the conference semis. They will only remember the final 4, and I doubt SA will be among those people but you never know.

That is the point of this thread. They are on the lower end of the top 4-5 WCF team but they are there. Make some moves (if you can) to push to the top of that pile. That is the point of this. SA got themselves better and they were 2 wins from the 3 seed last year.

No one else really improved other than the bottom half of the West, but the PO west teams got worse or stayed the same. SA can push due to how they traded for DeRozan to give themselves a better shot. There are no guarantees.

HarlemHeat37
I agree with OP..if Pop is going to ride this out until he retires and disregard the future, might as well go all in..the WCF is attainable in a conference with only 1 strong team and 1 question mark..

DPG21920
07-18-2018, 05:19 PM
Nope. Because of Pop and all the new players on Lakers you guys will win like 47-52 and we will probably be a few behind that.
Would love a shot at you guys come playoff time though.

But if we do win more than yall that would be amazing.
Even before Magic said it not worried about wins just need to make playoffs and avoid the state side of the bracket.
In Bron and Ingram (to a lessor extent) I trust ....

So if we are medicore and we should have tanked, but you will be worse than us how does that make sense :lol

Mugen
07-18-2018, 05:19 PM
:lmao the fucking hedging from this pussy tbh

JH22
07-18-2018, 05:20 PM

You dont think Jacob Poeltl is a long term asset? Or the 1st round pick?

DMC
07-18-2018, 05:20 PM

Every time I see "Butler" I think "Caron?" then I remember Jimmy Butler exists, somewhere.

Killakobe81
07-18-2018, 05:21 PM

We ascending, y'all descending.

this Lakers team will be better than Last year's cavs. Record may not show that because its the west.
But funny how it was Lebron carried a piss poor roster to the Finals ... until he signed with Lakers.
Now we are worse than the cavs ...GTFO.

since regular season matters we swept yall last year i think once without Lonzo and once without Ingram ...
Now we got Bron.

DPG21920
07-18-2018, 05:21 PM
You dont think Jacob Poeltl is a long term asset?

No. Not in the context of considering him as a key piece that signals you care more about the future then today.

DMC
07-18-2018, 05:22 PM
That is the point of this thread. They are on the lower end of the top 4-5 WCF team but they are there. Make some moves (if you can) to push to the top of that pile. That is the point of this. SA got themselves better and they were 2 wins from the 3 seed last year.

No one else really improved other than the bottom half of the West, but the PO west teams got worse or stayed the same. SA can push due to how they traded for DeRozan to give themselves a better shot. There are no guarantees.

Spurs only need to not tank games to shit teams by resting guys who don't need rest - to avoid 1st round vs GS bullshit. Weaker than juggernaut teams have to have a post season strategy, don't meet your enemy while they are rested.

DPG21920
07-18-2018, 05:22 PM

this Lakers team will be better than Last year's cavs. Record may not show that because its the west.
But funny how it was Lebron carried a piss poor roster to the Finals ... until he signed with Lakers.

since regular season matters we swept yall last year i think once without Lonzo and once without Ingram ...
Now we got Bron.

:lol don’t like your own logic being used against you. SA has young talent too. They have 2 all-stars while LA has one. I agree, LA is going up but I’m pointing out the flaws in your argument

Killakobe81
07-18-2018, 05:23 PM
So if we are medicore and we should have tanked, but you will be worse than us how does that make sense :lol

Who said yall should have tanked?
You confusing me with someone?

Mediocre is not tanking.
Tanking is what Lakers did before last year ...

MannyIsGod
07-18-2018, 05:23 PM

Now we got Bron.

Yeah motherfucker it's calle the eastern conference. Did the Lakers magically switch coasts?

Hoops Czar
07-18-2018, 05:24 PM

Now we got Bron.
We got rid of Kyle Anderson and Danny Green. How is that descending?

Payote75
I actually believe if there is a trade to be made they are going to do it as long as it does not sacrifice most or all of the youth they do have. If the Spurs take in a salty like DD and LMA isn't getting any younger along with belli etc. if there was someone to be had with there current pieces and obvious didn't involve Danny green then the y will do it now. The team is not balanced and if you can pull the trigger on something you do it DD is no spring chicken either in his prime but not 21 either. There are some very good long range shooters/players in the league primed for a salary dump but there actually good.

DMC

Now we got Bron.

I'd say you're not ascending. You were, but you traded that for a static position of hype, smoke and mirrors. Most LA fans will fall for it, but at least a few know it's a fugazi. As good as Lebron is, and he's fucking good, he's not better in LA than in Cleveland and he got swept like a bitch by a team that the Rockets took to 7 games.

2 - He's got a 1st year team with the next 2 best players being Lance Stephenson and Rajon Rondo. BI and LB might be salvageable and we know Kuzma is good, but he's not "play alongside Lebron" good. I don't know if Luke will last long enough to realize he has to duplicate the dynamic they had in Cleveland.

Killakobe81
07-18-2018, 05:25 PM
Yeah motherfucker it's calle the eastern conference. Did the Lakers magically switch coasts?

Cursing ... Look above your bold font I acknowledged it's the west.
Sig or Avvy bet Lakers make playoffs?
Double that if Lakers /spurs meet in playoffs?

Killakobe81
07-18-2018, 05:26 PM
We got rid of Kyle Anderson and Danny Green. How is that descending?

challenged on offense two of your better defenders that played and lost a 2x DPOTY
YOu may win similar amount of games or even more and still not be as good as you were with Kawhi.

MannyIsGod
07-18-2018, 05:26 PM

Sure dude, what the fuck do I care? I have Landon fucking Donovan in my Avatar and I have no sig.

MannyIsGod
07-18-2018, 05:27 PM
challenged on offense two of your better defenders that played and lost a 2x DPOTY
YOu may win similar amount of games or even more and still not be as good as you were with Kawhi.

We've already gone a season without Kawhi. That shit is baked in.

DMC
07-18-2018, 05:28 PM

Ok, well fuck. Now we know how high you've set the bar. Why are we even discussing it. Everyone here knows the Lakers will make the playoffs.

Hoops Czar
07-18-2018, 05:28 PM
You mean pre-quad Kawhi.

HarlemHeat37
07-18-2018, 05:29 PM
Losing Parker was probably worth about 5 more wins for the Spurs:lol

Killakobe81
07-18-2018, 05:31 PM
We've already gone a season without Kawhi. That shit is baked in.

Done and Done.

KDKSpurs24
07-18-2018, 05:33 PM
I would really like Khris Middleton! That would definitely put the Spurs in contention (yeah I know the Warriors will be almost impossible to beat barring injury). If Spurs can do that without giving up much youth then I’m all for it.

Killakobe81
07-18-2018, 05:35 PM
This what I was saying: (courtesy ESPN)

1. DeRozan will keep the Spurs relevant in the playoff race. They won 47 games last year without Leonard, juggling a hodgepodge roster. You know they will find a way to at least approach 50 this season, even if DeRozan and LaMarcus Aldridge jack 40 midrange jumpers per game between them. Those guys grind out regular-season wins. Pair them with good coaching and smart team defense, and the Spurs will be in almost every game.

2. But this is a blah long-term play -- one of the first times having a coach installed as the top decision-maker might have hurt San Antonio. Without Leonard, a rebuild is coming. This move only delays it. DeRozan is an All-Star, but not a franchise star who alone forestalls a downslope.

3. It's tempting to suggest the Spurs could eventually flip DeRozan for the sorts of assets that would trigger a proper rebuild, but he doesn't carry that sort of trade value. (DeRozan's role in this trade does not indicate much about his league-wide trade cachet. This is a unique set of circumstances involving a seller with zero leverage.)

Like I said numerous picks, Deeps?!:lol For Derozan? IF Spus are able to improve him enough to warrant that, you might as well keep him for yourselves he will never get that on open market as is.

cjw
07-18-2018, 05:36 PM
Maybe Gasol/Mills +Spurs 2019 1st +Tor 2019 1st +Spurs 2020 1st for Butler??

You can’t trade consecutive first round picks.

And to those saying the Toronto pick is “worthless”, it’ll likely fall in the same range where the Spurs have gotten the Andersons, Murrays, CoJos, etc. of the world recently. It’s going to be fine.

Just hope it doesn’t turn into two second rounders. That would totally suck. I’m surprised the Spurs didn’t also get a pick swap sometime in the future. But Masai wanted to maintain flexibility for a full rebuild.

DPG21920
07-18-2018, 05:36 PM
Done and Done.

It’s funny that the Lakers have these young studs and Bron but the goal is just the playoffs. SA is this terrible old team and medicore when they are expected to beat LA’s records.

DPG21920
07-18-2018, 05:37 PM
This what I was saying: (courtesy ESPN)

1. DeRozan will keep the Spurs relevant in the playoff race. They won 47 games last year without Leonard, juggling a hodgepodge roster. You know they will find a way to at least approach 50 this season, even if DeRozan and LaMarcus Aldridge jack 40 midrange jumpers per game between them. Those guys grind out regular-season wins. Pair them with good coaching and smart team defense, and the Spurs will be in almost every game.

2. But this is a blah long-term play -- one of the first times having a coach installed as the top decision-maker might have hurt San Antonio. Without Leonard, a rebuild is coming. This move only delays it. DeRozan is an All-Star, but not a franchise star who alone forestalls a downslope.

3. It's tempting to suggest the Spurs could eventually flip DeRozan for the sorts of assets that would trigger a proper rebuild, but he doesn't carry that sort of trade value. (DeRozan's role in this trade does not indicate much about his league-wide trade cachet. This is a unique set of circumstances involving a seller with zero leverage.)

Like I said numerous picks, Deeps?!:lol For Derozan? IF Spus are able to improve him enough to warrant that, you might as well keep him for yourselves he will never get that on open market as is.

Did I say multiple number 1 picks? No. I said multiple picks. Zach Lowe has been wayyyyy off for the past few years as well.

Killakobe81
07-18-2018, 05:41 PM
It’s funny that the Lakers have these young studs and Bron but the goal is just the playoffs. SA is this terrible old team and medicore when they are expected to beat LA’s records.

you guys have two all-stars in their "prime" whether or not they are overrated and overpaid.
You have a coach that has been coaching almost as long as ours has been alive.

Of course Spurs should win more games than a team with a bunch of 2nd and third year players playing heavy mins ...should i be calling for championship or should I be realistic as I always have?
Ingram is not a "stud" he is potential one ...more than Josh Jackson for sure ...

Killakobe81
07-18-2018, 05:42 PM
Did I say multiple number 1 picks? No. I said multiple picks. Zach Lowe has been wayyyyy off for the past few years as well.

Wasn't Lowe but nice guess ...my bad you were right.

DPG21920
07-18-2018, 05:42 PM
So next year it appears after all the moves thus far, that sa will have 12M in cap space (I get to 9M, but I guess if Forbes isn’t guaranteed then it’s 12) assuming they just waive and stretch Pau. If they can trade Pau with no money back that goes to 18M.

If they can trade Mills as well? That goes to 30M.

Not a terrible spot to be in either. But I hope they make some moves this year if they present themselves.

DPG21920
07-18-2018, 05:43 PM
you guys have two all-stars in their "prime" whether or not they are overrated and overpaid.
You have a coach that has been coaching almost as long as ours has been alive.

Of course Spurs should win more games than a team with a bunch of 2nd and third year players playing heavy mins ...should i be calling for championship or should I be realistic as I always have?
Ingram is not a "stud" he is potential one ...more than Josh Jackson for sure ...

Is Lebron some young guy? Why is LA ok with being medicore? Why not win now with Lebron?

Kool Bob Love
07-18-2018, 05:45 PM
Pop doesn't give a shit, OP. Once again today he belittled basketball as a little kid's game and meaningless in the grand scheme of things.

He just wants to be good enough to not suck until he's gone in 2020. He fucked everything Duncan built. Two unhappy superstars in 2 years and he just traded for another one. Not to mention he let the greatest PG in franchise history walk away for less than what that scrub Bertans is making. He's lost it.
He’s a liberal TGY. What do you expect? Tolerance?

TD 21
07-18-2018, 05:45 PM
You can’t trade consecutive first round picks.

And to those saying the Toronto pick is “worthless”, it’ll likely fall in the same range where the Spurs have gotten the Andersons, Murrays, CoJos, etc. of the world recently. It’s going to be fine.

Just hope it doesn’t turn into two second rounders. That would totally suck. I’m surprised the Spurs didn’t also get a pick swap sometime in the future. But Masai wanted to maintain flexibility for a full rebuild.

I don't see how the Spurs don't get a 1st. Even if that retarded scumbag decides to quite, it would take significant injuries beyond that for them to not finish with a top 10 record.

Even with a mid-late 1st and a late 1st, those can be packaged to move into the late lottery.

I'd also keep an eye on Winslow throughout the season. He made a leap from 3 last season. The Heat have a bloated payroll and low upside. If they sense he's going be too expensive for their taste, would they be willing to get out before having to make that decision?

Killakobe81
07-18-2018, 05:48 PM
Is Lebron some young guy? Why is LA ok with being medicore? Why not win now with Lebron?

Goal is a title.
Rome wasn't built in a day.
A godfather deal wasnt smart for KL because Lebron/KL and spare parts are not wining a title.
Our youth has to develop so that we can be a team like state once was that had guys outperforming their contracts.
That's how you can win in superteam era and why Boston has a bright future (Buck Foston)
if tatum and Brown develop they can have two of their best players on rookie deals ...and let some of the overpriced vets walk.

A team of just stars on maxes and roster fodder wont beat State.

Mugen
:lol Man, the hedging. Bitchmade tbh.

DPG21920
Goal is a title.
Rome wasn't built in a day.
A godfather deal wasnt smart for KL because Lebron/KL and spare parts are not wining a title.
Our youth has to develop so that we can be a team like state once was that had guys outperforming their contracts.
That's how you can win in superteam era and why Boston has a bright future (Buck Foston)
if tatum and Brown develop they can have two of their best players on rookie deals ...and let some of the overpriced vets walk.

A team of just stars on maxes and roster fodder wont beat State.

HOU almost did.

Killakobe81
07-18-2018, 05:53 PM
HOU almost did.

Nope. They also had good talented role players on less than max deals like Ariza and Tucker.
Plus Capela is on a cheap deal too.
They let their best wing defenders walk and now Capela wants a $100 million and they still haven't won yet.
Last year was probably their best shot and they failed.

picnroll
07-18-2018, 05:54 PM
Clips will have about $40 million on the books in 2019, a promising young PG and $22 million of Gallanari off the books in 2020. Lakers counting their chickens again.

Killakobe81
07-18-2018, 05:58 PM
:lol Man, the hedging. Bitchmade tbh.

What are you rambling about?
You need my attention? :lol

Here are some definitives for you:
1. Lakers make playoffs
2. Lakers win at least one round
3. Lakers wont win title
4. state will struggle to threepeat but get it done.
5. Lakers win a title in the next 3 years
6. Ingram will be a star
7. By end of the year (not regular season) Lakers will be better than Spurs
8. Pop is a top 3 coach all-time and earned my respect even more dealing with this KAwhi fiasco.

There, you happy?:lol

Killakobe81
07-18-2018, 05:59 PM
Clips will have about $40 million on the books in 2019, a promising young PG and $22 million of Gallanari off the books in 2020. Lakers counting their chickens again.

Sure.
They are still the Clips.
They get KL good fo them they had CP3 and Blake for years and didn't win shit.

Mugen
07-18-2018, 06:00 PM
:lol You'll hedge on all of those sooner rather than later scrah. I stand by my previous comment my man.

dabom
07-18-2018, 06:01 PM

Sig bet you Spurs whoop lavaliers. :lmao

Killakobe81
07-18-2018, 06:02 PM
:lol You'll hedge on all of those sooner rather than later scrah. I stand by my previous comment my man.

Bump 'em you wanna bet on any of those?
I'll be happy to get that creepy avvy off your posts for a week or a month, the choice is yours.

picnroll
07-18-2018, 06:03 PM
Sure.
They are still the Clips.
They get KL good fo them they had CP3 and Blake for years and didn't win shit.

Lakers’ dreams riding on Lebron’s well worn Achilles and all thise PEDs ain’t helping.

mo7888
07-18-2018, 06:04 PM
I don't see how the Spurs don't get a 1st. Even if that retarded scumbag decides to quite, it would take significant injuries beyond that for them to not finish with a top 10 record.

Even with a mid-late 1st and a late 1st, those can be packaged to move into the late lottery.

I'd also keep an eye on Winslow throughout the season. He made a leap from 3 last season. The Heat have a bloated payroll and low upside. If they sense he's going be too expensive for their taste, would they be willing to get out before having to make that decision?

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ybgf7zd3

Killakobe81
07-18-2018, 06:05 PM
Sig bet you Spurs whoop lavaliers. :lmao

In Playoffs?
Sure thing, how long a week?
IF they dont meet we will do ot on who advances further regardless of matchups if we get state and get waxed in round 2 and yall make WCF you still win. Deal?
IF same round tiebreaker is whoever wins more games in that round?

dabom
07-18-2018, 06:06 PM
In Playoffs?
Sure thing, how long a week?
IF they dont meet we will do ot on who advances further regardless of matchups if we get state and get waxed in round 2 and yall make WCF you still win. Deal?
IF same round tiebreaker is whoever wins more games in that round?

Sure. And if both lose in second round, who ever had higher seed.

YoungbuckMurray
07-18-2018, 06:07 PM
Alright screw it lets just grab Melo!

picnroll
07-18-2018, 06:07 PM
Next years is a crap draft year. Rather have the two seconds if one is from the year they combine two draft classes.

Mugen
07-18-2018, 06:10 PM
Bump 'em you wanna bet on any of those?
I'll be happy to get that creepy avvy off your posts for a week or a month, the choice is yours.

You'll hedge on them bruh. I know your ilk and that's ok. Like i've said before, I like you and you're welcome upstairs but let's call a spade a spade.

Are you asking if I want to make bets with Internet pictures on the line? :lol

Killa, if you don't hedge on any of these for the next year, I'll let you change my avatar to whatever you want. Feel free to keep track. It can be Earvin Jr. tossing a Kawhi crouton salad for all I care :lol

FireMicoHalili
07-18-2018, 06:13 PM

Now we got Bron.
1. If ascending means getting to the playoffs from last season’s finish...anything is progress if you start from the bottom of the barrel. Took you five years and you punted your draft picks for the most part.
2. LeBron at least had Love and some talented, even if stupid, pieces to work with. Aside from McGee, Rondo, and Stephenson, rest of the cast doesn’t have playoff experience. Talent may be better but playoff experience is little to nil.
3. 3rd to 8th seed for the Lakers, easily. That’s how great LeBron is, not how good the rest of the team is.
4. Congratulations for sweeping the Spurs even if the Spurs didn’t have a full squad.

The Lakers are in a great situation, they win whether they land Leonard this year or not. I don’t understand the Laker fans coming in here telling everyone else how good their team is and how much the Spurs have regressed, but I guess it’s mostly just pent-up frustration from being garbage the last few years. Or is it because the Spurs wouldn’t take the Lakers’ offer which you perceived was better? LeBron tried to give the Lakers some leverage to minimize the exodus of talent while simultaneously getting another All-Star but I guess some things never work out. Enjoy your season with LeBron, Lance, and Lonzo.

Whatever happened to SL MVP Hart by the way? Totally disappeared versus Portland? What was that all about?

TD 21
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ybgf7zd3

Heat don't even consider that without a somewhat valuable pick or prospect and Spurs aren't touching Whiteside. Not only his personality, but the extra guaranteed year from Gasol. When they're out from the latter next off season, Aldridge and Poeltl will be the rotation bigs going forward.

I'd also expect them to attempt to address starting SF then, lose one of Gay or Cunningham and that, along with incoming draft picks, will probably mostly be the team in the near future.

Killakobe81
Sure. And if both lose in second round, who ever had higher seed.

Nah because Lakers or Spurs may choose to manipulate seeds like y'all did with 8*
Whoever wins more games in that round seems more fair.
Besides i already said yall would have the higher seed, why would i bet against something I believe?

spurraider21
07-18-2018, 06:14 PM
:lol killa suddenly acting all defiant after years of keeping quiet like an abused puppy

mo7888
07-18-2018, 06:16 PM
Pau+Mills+Paul for Fournier+Vucevic

Gets Orl off of Vuc and let's Pau mentor Bamba and leaves us cap neutral next summer with Vuc coming off of the cap and gives us better 3Pt shooting this year from the wing.

dabom
07-18-2018, 06:16 PM
Nah because Lakers or Spurs may choose to manipulate seeds like y'all did with 8*
Whoever wins more games in that round seems more fair.
Besides i already said yall would have the higher seed, why would i bet against something I believe?

Who ever has more wins in whichever round ok. Easy win. :lol

HarlemHeat37
07-18-2018, 06:17 PM
:lol killa suddenly acting all defiant after years of keeping quiet like an abused puppy

:lol it's been 5 years, he deserves it..he's a good man..

mo7888
07-18-2018, 06:17 PM
Heat don't even consider that without a somewhat valuable pick or prospect and Spurs aren't touching Whiteside. Not only his personality, but the extra guaranteed year from Gasol. When they're out from the latter next off season, Aldridge and Poeltl will be the rotation bigs going forward.

I'd also expect them to attempt to address starting SF then, lose one of Gay or Cunningham and that, along with incoming draft picks, will probably mostly be the team in the near future.

I think they want off of Whiteside bad enough to do that but, it's probably the same reason we won't do it.

Mugen
07-18-2018, 06:20 PM
:lol "Ascending" isn't that hard when you have nowhere to go but up tbh

Killakobe81
07-18-2018, 06:21 PM
1. If ascending means getting to the playoffs from last season’s finish...anything is progress if you start from the bottom of the barrel. Took you five years and you punted your draft picks for the most part.
2. LeBron at least had Love and some talented, even if stupid, pieces to work with. Aside from McGee, Rondo, and Stephenson, rest of the cast doesn’t have playoff experience. Talent may be better but playoff experience is little to nil.
3. 3rd to 8th seed for the Lakers, easily. That’s how great LeBron is, not how good the rest of the team is.
4. Congratulations for sweeping the Spurs even if the Spurs didn’t have a full squad.

The Lakers are in a great situation, they win whether they land Leonard this year or not. I don’t understand the Laker fans coming in here telling everyone else how good their team is and how much the Spurs have regressed, but I guess it’s mostly just pent-up frustration from being garbage the last few years. Or is it because the Spurs wouldn’t take the Lakers’ offer which you perceived was better? LeBron tried to give the Lakers some leverage to minimize the exodus of talent while simultaneously getting another All-Star but I guess some things never work out. Enjoy your season with LeBron, Lance, and Lonzo.

Whatever happened to SL MVP Hart by the way? Totally disappeared versus Portland? What was that all about?

APPARENTLY YOU HAVENT BEEN PAYING ATTENTION
1. I have been here almost daily since the rumors started and was advocating a Celtics trade not a LAker one.
2. I didn't come here in this thread to tell you our team is great just that this trade sucks Spur fan brought up the Lakers
3. Hart played OT the game before and had played a bunch of days straight. I did not even want them to win that semifinal I Was hoping teh sexton kid would have nailed his FT's especially after Hart's nose got busted. Hart is a solid combo guard and rotation player. HE will never be an NBA star IMHO but good teams need guys like him. not sure what else you wanted.
4. I agree my confidence mostly stems for Lebro, Maginka and Ingram. I absolutely believe he will be an all-star by next year.
5. I never left when the Lakers won 17 games so why would i leave now that we got Lebron?

Namundy
07-18-2018, 06:22 PM
We have always been fairly balanced between winning now and building for the future. I don't expect that to change anytime soon.

Killakobe81
07-18-2018, 06:22 PM

Sure me and my 33,000 (damn) has been awfully silent.

RD2191
07-18-2018, 06:23 PM
Why the fuck are there even laker fans in here?

TheGreatYacht
07-18-2018, 06:24 PM
He’s a liberal TGY. What do you expect? Tolerance?
:lol you should post more bro haven't seen u upstairs in a minute

Mugen
07-18-2018, 06:24 PM
I really hope he does but I highly, highly doubt that Murray makes the necessary leap to get the Spurs in a good spot next season.

If it was true that Pop told Kawhi theres a trade out there to add another all-star, they should definitely explore it at this point tbh

spursistan
07-18-2018, 06:25 PM
Yeah, I see he kinda feel emboldened now that we officially lost Kawhi. He is upping the ante and lowkey shitposting here :lol

dabom
07-18-2018, 06:32 PM
1. I have been here almost daily since the rumors started and was advocating a Celtics trade not a LAker one.
2. I didn't come here in this thread to tell you our team is great just that this trade sucks Spur fan brought up the Lakers
3. Hart played OT the game before and had played a bunch of days straight. I did not even want them to win that semifinal I Was hoping teh sexton kid would have nailed his FT's especially after Hart's nose got busted. Hart is a solid combo guard and rotation player. HE will never be an NBA star IMHO but good teams need guys like him. not sure what else you wanted.
4. I agree my confidence mostly stems for Lebro, Maginka and Ingram. I absolutely believe he will be an all-star by next year.
5. I never left when the Lakers won 17 games so why would i leave now that we got Lebron?

Tldr.

spurraider21
07-18-2018, 06:34 PM
Sure me and my 33,000 (damn) has been awfully silent.
you've always posted. you're tone has just been different :lol

Payote75
07-18-2018, 06:35 PM

AMEN BROTHER!!!! I said that last week and I agree I'm still learning and a like one of them actually is cool seems to know his/her shit but some others just trolling and angry cause no kawitter.

Killakobe81
07-18-2018, 06:36 PM
I really hope he does but I highly, highly doubt that Murray makes the necessary leap to get the Spurs in a good spot next season.

If it was true that Pop told Kawhi theres a trade out there to add another all-star, they should definitely explore it at this point tbh

I actually like Murray's upsside and think he will be big part of you winning 50 games.

koriwhat
07-18-2018, 06:37 PM
AMEN BROTHER!!!! I said that last week and I agree I'm still learning and a like one of them actually is cool seems to know his/her shit but some others just trolling and angry cause no kawitter.

because they really are pathetic and venture out to troll in other teams forums. takes a special type of retard to want to waste time signing up and posting on another teams forum. can't wait for cali to fall into the ocean.

Mugen
07-18-2018, 06:40 PM
I actually like Murray's upsside and think he will be big part of you winning 50 games.

His upside is fine considering he was a late first rounder and I like him well enough. But people are thinking Russell Westbrook when they should probably be thinking better Shuan Livingston. I'd easily ship his ass out with a 1st rounder if it meant getting a guy like Kemba.

I think White and Walker have much more upside than Dejounte tbh but I'm probably in the minority in that camp.

FireMicoHalili
07-18-2018, 06:40 PM
Umm weird expectation for me to follow your posts? Why would I read each and every single post of yours, more so from a Laker fan? Are we friends or something? And no one’s even asking you to leave. Good for you for staying with your team despite winning just 17 games, because that’s what a real fan does. Not sure if you expected us to clap for you or something but here’s your pat on the back. Good job, fan, for not being irrational.

I know the forum is free for all and I respect your freedom of speech and what not but holy smokes there are suddenly a lot of you here. The Lakers are always going to be a scary, formidable team with their money and it would be a shame if they were otherwise, but Kobe and the fan base are almost always insufferable. There are a lot of you who dislike LeBron (maybe not you) who now have to backpedal because he’s on your team it’s hilarious as fuck.

Payote75
07-18-2018, 06:42 PM
As much as I'm ready to move passed this dickwad kawitter I'm so glad he is gone and we should be happy even if the return was a bag of dicks!!!! But I'm going on record now this diva WILL NOT BE A LAKER!!! I'm thinking he will be a clipper and if not then a NY Knick!!! Laker fans pining and panting for him don't be so fast some advice the guy has no loyalty he is dumb as rocks just wants to play and will not want to play with Lebron. He also will be butt hurt that the lakers sat back and allowed this to happen. I can promise you just from seeing his character the last 14 months he won't get over it and won't be dawning a purple and gold he will take irrelevancy in clipper land over butt hurt super team lead by Lebron in laker land. Book it!!!

Killakobe81
07-18-2018, 06:42 PM
you've always posted. you're tone has just been different :lol

Maginka has definitely boosted my confidence I dont deny that ...
but I legit feel for Pop though.
Spurs still gonna win close to 50 so its not that but dude lost his wife, best player, Kyle and Tony all left in the past couple months.
I know some of you guys hated on some of those players but yo could feel Pop's affinity for them in the pressor today.
The bright side of this saga was Pop staying classy im not a spur fan and I was proud of that man.

Pop 2020 or 2024!!! I would vote for him.

Marcus Bryant
07-18-2018, 06:44 PM

One would think there's more to the story which will come out soon. It doesn't make sense that after 7 years he wanted out of SA that bad. Absolutely agree, time to flip if so.

DPG21920
07-18-2018, 06:45 PM

I have to give Killa credit Spurraider. He stuck around all the time even with LA sucking. He hated PG before PG spurned LA. He’s many things, but he has been here and sticking to his guns.

RsxPiimp
07-18-2018, 06:50 PM

:lol tbh. i ask the same question. i mean killa at least keeps it 95% basketball discussion, ya gotta respect that from him.

johnnymoore

I'm here to gloat!

1 - LBJ is minimum +20 wins. Lakers will be at >55 wins.

2 - Spurs are circling the drain. DeRozan is subtraction by addition. Raptors could have kept DD, paired him with KL and sent you promising young uns. On paper that would've made the best team in the East. Instead, they dropped DeRozan like a bad habit. Spurs won 47 w/o KL last year but will struggle to win 45 with DD but minus chemistry guys like TP, Green, etc.

3 - Lakers are not done making moves - they have a roster full of tradable 1-year contracts (Rondo, Stephenson, McGee, Pope, Zubac), 4 million in capspace and a full packet of draft picks. Highly possible they add Kawhi/Butler/someone else before the summer is over.

Spurs have had an incredible run since getting The Admiral and should be proud of their record. Now it's time to reload. It will be a tough couple of seasons, but you'll recover.

DAF86
You are shit posting on an amazing level right now. The Spurs are not Barcelona. It's not title or bust WCF appearances are nothing to scoff at.

I'm not a championship or bust guy, tbh. I just think there were a lot of better options out there to remain competitive and still plan for the future at the same time.

ducks
07-18-2018, 06:51 PM
leonard will not be a laker
he will go to clippers not laker

Killakobe81
07-18-2018, 06:55 PM
Umm weird expectation for me to follow your posts? Why would I read each and every single post of yours, more so from a Laker fan? Are we friends or something? And no one’s even asking you to leave. Good for you for staying with your team despite winning just 17 games, because that’s what a real fan does. Not sure if you expected us to clap for you or something but here’s your pat on the back. Good job, fan, for not being irrational.

I know the forum is free for all and I respect your freedom of speech and what not but holy smokes there are suddenly a lot of you here. The Lakers are always going to be a scary, formidable team with their money and it would be a shame if they were otherwise, but Kobe and the fan base are almost always insufferable. There are a lot of you who dislike LeBron (maybe not you) who now have to backpedal because he’s on your team it’s hilarious as fuck.

I meant more recently ...
Not asking for a cookie for riding with the team through 17 wins wsa just advising that Im not one of the "all of a sudden", since Lebron joined posters, since you seemed confused.
My fandom of Lebron has went up and down I was ready to bear witness in 2007 but I crucified him in 2011. Not because I hated him or even because I preffered Kobe ..I really felt he should have stayed in Cleveland because he was soo great players would join him even in that shithole. So watching him lose especially since I just moved to dallas was fun. (NBA titles seem to follow me) Obvioulsy it worked out but he himslef felt a need to go back and win a title and he did so against all odds. SO then I creeped back on the train a bit and now that he is a Laker Im all aboard.

That being said he is not as great as Jordan. He may have surpassed Magic, Tim etc. But jordan is another bar. But hey if he rings with the Lakers I will be happy to listen to GOAT arguments once again.:lol

DAF86
07-18-2018, 06:56 PM
leonard will not be a laker
he will go to clippers not laker

Let's see if he can wipe his own ass first.

Killakobe81
07-18-2018, 06:58 PM
:lol tbh. i ask the same question. i mean killa at least keeps it 95% basketball discussion, ya gotta respect that from him.

LG is cool and more civil but to many Kuzma and Ingram will both be all-stars when we wil be lucky to hit on one.
My money is on Ingram. I like Kuzma he works hard but l have long pegged Kuzma in the Horry type role which is a huge compliment.
Hart a better scoring Derek Fisher again not a star but we NEEd those guys to be THAT for us to REALLY contend.

ON LG Hart is a starter and future all-star. Borderline starter, maybe. But all-star?!
I would LOVe to be wrong about that one.

Killakobe81
07-18-2018, 07:01 PM
I have to give Killa credit Spurraider. He stuck around all the time even with LA sucking. He hated PG before PG spurned LA. He’s many things, but he has been here and sticking to his guns.

Appreciate you bro and was just saying I think you were spinning a bit positive with teh DD will get numerous picks talk.
Like I said I think yall will win 45-50 games give or take a few.
Just don't see how it will translate to playoff success.
But Pop is my dude.
Good luck I just don't like this trade at all for yall.
But Kawhi screwed yall and tbh that is also giving me a reason to be hesitant about him joining us.
Its not his talent it's his health and mental makeup.

RsxPiimp
07-18-2018, 07:02 PM
LG is cool and more civil but to many Kuzma and Ingram will both be all-stars when we wil be lucky to hit on one.
My money is on Ingram. I like Kuzma he works hard but l have long pegged Kuzma in the Horry type role which is a huge compliment.
Hart a better scoring Derek Fisher again not a star but we NEEd those guys to be THAT for us to REALLY contend.

ON LG Hart is a starter and future all-star. Borderline starter, maybe. But all-star?!
I would LOVe to be wrong about that one.
yeah they go crazy on that board, especially the kobe stans but i get it:lol i stay away from LG for the most part but there are some cool dudes there. ST is full of racist fucks and rednecks but i prefer the atmosphere here.:lol

Killakobe81
07-18-2018, 07:04 PM
yeah they go crazy on that board, especially the kobe stans but i get it:lol i stay away from LG for the most part but there are some cool dudes there. ST is full of racist fucks and rednecks but i prefer the atmosphere here.:lol

Its the wild west for sure but used to be much better ... My goal is to reture from posting here once we are legit contenders. Not there yet but we are taking steps in that direction. IF KD hadnt joined state we would be even closer ...

SpaceCoast Spursfan
07-18-2018, 07:05 PM

I think there are viable options out there to trade Pau + fillers (and Winslow could be one), but it's gonna mean eating a bad $ contract, giving up prospect (Murray or White), or both.

A more realistic deal to acquire Winslow, probably involves taking on Luke Babbitt.

vy65
07-18-2018, 07:05 PM
One would think there's more to the story which will come out soon. It doesn't make sense that after 7 years he wanted out of SA that bad. Absolutely agree, time to flip if so.

This. At the end of the day, the whole situation still makes no sense. Something happened behind closed doors that we still don’t know.

Robz4000
07-18-2018, 07:06 PM
Its the wild west for sure but used to be much better ... My goal is to reture from posting here once we are legit contenders. Not there yet but we are taking steops in that direction. IF KD hadnt joined state we would be even closer ...

Let's be real, you're here forever.

FireMicoHalili
07-18-2018, 07:07 PM
I meant more recently ...
Not asking for a cookie for riding with the team through 17 wins wsa just advising that Im not one of the "all of a sudden", since Lebron joined posters, since you seemed confused.
My fandom of Lebron has went up and down I was ready to bear witnees in 2007 and I crucified him in 2011. Not because I hated him or even because I preffered Kobe ..I really felt he should have stayed in Cleveland because he was soo great players would join him even in that shithole. So watching him lose especially since I just moved to dallas was sun. (NBA titles seem to follow me) Obvioulsy it worked out but he himslef felt a need to go back and win a title and he did so against all odds. SO then I creeped back on the train a bit and now that he is a Laker Im all aboard.

That being said he is not as great as Jordan. he may have surpassed Magic Tim etc. But jordan is another bar. But hey if he rings with the Lakers I will be happy to listen to GOAT arguments once again.
All right fair is fair enjoy the season man :toast

Mugen
07-18-2018, 07:07 PM
Murray/Pau/Patty/1st for Kemba/Batum.

Staking my claim to it that it's the only trade out there that makes sense for the Spurs. I'd give it a 5% chance of happening but the Spurs take the Warriors to 6 in the WCF if it happens tbh.

spurraider21
07-18-2018, 07:10 PM
This. At the end of the day, the whole situation still makes no sense. Something happened behind closed doors that we still don’t know.
Tony back to his old ways?

marinoman
Im not going through this thread, what player do you suggest? Getting kemba isn’t going all in

Pavlov
I'm here to gloat!

1 - LBJ is minimum +20 wins. Lakers will be at >55 wins.

2 - Spurs are circling the drain. DeRozan is subtraction by addition. Raptors could have kept DD, paired him with KL and sent you promising young uns. On paper that would've made the best team in the East. Instead, they dropped DeRozan like a bad habit. Spurs won 47 w/o KL last year but will struggle to win 45 with DD but minus chemistry guys like TP, Green, etc.

3 - Lakers are not done making moves - they have a roster full of tradable 1-year contracts (Rondo, Stephenson, McGee, Pope, Zubac), 4 million in capspace and a full packet of draft picks. Highly possible they add Kawhi/Butler/someone else before the summer is over.

Spurs have had an incredible run since getting The Admiral and should be proud of their record. Now it's time to reload. It will be a tough couple of seasons, but you'll recover.Odd screen name for lakerfan tbh.

DPG21920
I'm not a championship or bust guy, tbh. I just think there were a lot of better options out there to remain competitive and still plan for the future at the same time.

I don’t know man. We will see how DeRozan works. I dont like him but even I think you are underselling him. I agree, in theory, that there are other players that could have helped SA be a playoff team still but DeRozan ups that ceiling even if ultimatley it’s not a high ceiling.

I think the point is there really were not the deals we though or hoped would be there. The deals seemed to be either lots of picks (which I get some may have preferred that) or DeRozan.

I don’t think there was an in between with one or two good players (less than DeRozan good, but still good) and picks. The reports flying out are that the main deals discussed never really progressed and it was just picks offered.

Kyrie was and that is debatable, but asset wise? I think getting DeRozan for 2-3 years as a good teammate and Poeltl is better than one year of Kawhi. But it’s debatable.

SAGirl
07-18-2018, 07:11 PM

Good call on Winslow. A true wing defender is something they need to not be such a paper tiger. It's fine that they just got better offensively. But they got much worse on the other end and that matters too especially in the west with so many offensive wings. I was wondering if Walker could help them bc besides being athletic he has strength and wingspan. I don't count on him bc if the rook factor, but maybe Spurs will go after a wing like Winslow.

spursreport

Kemba? Stop. Please. A fucking point guard as your best player isn’t the answer.

spurraider21

Staking my claim to it that it's the only trade out there that makes sense for the Spurs. I'd give it a 5% chance of happening but the Spurs take the Warriors to 6 in the WCF if it happens tbh.
it does make sense for the spurs.

but why on earth would charlotte take it? they'd ask for a lot more if they're giving us kemba and taking on our 2 worst contracts. would probably need lonnie in there or another first

mo7888
07-18-2018, 07:12 PM

After he resigned for 5 years he'd be 34 on the back end of that deal. Still, is do it if I knew I could get him at around 22M per year.

DPG21920
07-18-2018, 07:13 PM
Appreciate you bro and was just saying I think you were spinning a bit positive with teh DD will get numerous picks talk.
Like I said I think yall will win 45-50 games give or take a few.
Just don't see how it will translate to playoff success.
But Pop is my dude.
Good luck I just don't like this trade at all for yall.
But Kawhi screwed yall and tbh that is also giving me a reason to be hesitant about him joining us.
Its not his talent it's his health and mental makeup.

I dont love the trade either, but SA was screwed and it appears to be the best possible even if I think they should have gotten more from TOR.

But I think SA will be better than most. I mean the prevailing thought and discussion around the league/twitter is SA is slated between 39-42 wins right now. It’s not just one person either many people are talking like that.

I know SA does not have a high ceiling and WCF would be huge, but 2nd round team is good for us since winning titles are hard. With another move or two this team could be a WCF contender for 2-3 years.

mo7888

but why on earth would charlotte take it? they'd ask for a lot more if they're giving us kemba and taking on our 2 worst contracts. would probably need lonnie in there or another first

We'd be taking on their worst contract for 3 years too.

johnnymoore
Odd screen name for lakerfan tbh.

I am an old guy (55). Johnny Moore was one of my favorite players in the early 80s and a hugely underrated PG. Also loved Larry Kenon, FWIW.

Russ

I think the real story may be that nothing happened behind closed doors.

No SuperMax.

DAF86
I don’t know man. We will see how DeRozan works. I dont like him but even I think you are underselling him. I agree, in theory, that there are other players that could have helped SA be a playoff team still but DeRozan ups that ceiling even if ultimatley it’s not a high ceiling.

I think the point is there really were not the deals we though or hoped would be there. The deals seemed to be either lots of picks (which I get some may have preferred that) or DeRozan.

I don’t think there was an in between with one or two good players (less than DeRozan good, but still good) and picks. The reports flying out are that the main deals discussed never really progressed and it was just picks offered.

Kyrie was and that is debatable, but asset wise? I think getting DeRozan for 2-3 years as a good teammate and Poeltl is better than one year of Kawhi. But it’s debatable.

Don't you think that Covington, Saric and Miami's 2021 was a better option than DeRozan and a late first rounder?

Mugen
07-18-2018, 07:14 PM

Kemba has 1yr left . Murray and a 1st isn't a terrible return especially if Borrego is high on him.

Pau/Patty allow the Hornets to move off of Batum's horrible contract tbh.

cd98
07-18-2018, 07:16 PM
Looks like the Spurs had 2 options. Trade for a bunch of draft picks over the next few years or trade for the package they got with Toronto. Spurs made the right moves. They convinced a lot of free agent vets to come this year. If they traded Kawhi for draft picks (which would probably be late 1st round), the would essentially tank this year. Keep this thing going so the vets have a chance to fight for the playoffs and see what can happen. Just need to get a SF now.

spurraider21
We'd be taking on their worst contract for 3 years too.
would also be funny if charlotte ends up with the point guard rotation of murray/mills/parker :lol

DPG21920
Im not going through this thread, what player do you suggest? Getting kemba isn’t going all in

It is if you understand my context. Going all in doesn’t mean getting AD or Harden. It just means that you make moves geared towards winning now vs the future.

Just means don’t be afraid to trade your first rounders for roster upgrades now if the opportunity presents itself.

My target would be a Jimmy Butler (long odds, but at least we know there is tension there) or Khris Middleton. Even those moves would make SA a true 2nd best team in the West. Kemba would too if it meant giving up Mills or Pau and some picks.

But Kemba isn’t on the table IMO. They are seemingly on the same page with coach James and Kemba being happy.

spurraider21
Kemba has 1yr left . Murray and a 1st isn't a terrible return especially if Borrego is high on him.

Pau/Patty allow the Hornets to move off of Batum's horrible contract tbh.

would also be funny if charlotte ends up with the point guard rotation of murray/mills/parker :lol

spursreport

Good grief more with this retarded saying? They didn’t get better, they were vulnerable last season, 3-peating is fucking difficult to do. I swear everyone just giving them the title based on being pussies.

DPG21920
07-18-2018, 07:18 PM

Dude :lol Im not saying CHA does it but Pau is basically off the books next season. Batum deal is wayyyyy worse. I bet you if SA offered Mills/Pau for Batum CHA would give US a pick lol

FireMicoHalili
07-18-2018, 07:18 PM
Don't you think that Covington, Saric and Miami's 2021 was a better option than DeRozan and a late first rounder?
I wanted this deal. RoCo fills in for Green and Saric - while he isn’t Kawhi - has experience playing overseas and isn’t bad. Had the best frontcourt rating when paired with Embiid. Good passer, adequate shooter, has the height to play the small-ball four and the speed to play the three. Guess Pop really values playoff experience.