PDA

View Full Version : So Let's Talk Whole Offseason

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Ignazzz
06-13-2022, 04:14 PM
Odds are at least one of Mathurin or Sharpe will be there at 9...and it could very well be both..
Both are out of range

Ignazzz
06-13-2022, 04:15 PM
5th & 7th

mo7888
06-13-2022, 04:37 PM
Both are out of range

Things don't seem to be trending that way...but that's been discussed already... either way we'll know soon enough

Seventyniner
06-13-2022, 05:44 PM
The Toronto Raptors are not looking to trade OG Anunoby, league sources told HoopsHype. For Toronto to consider trading Anunoby, it would have to be a substantial trade package for the soon-to-be 25-year-old forward along the lines of a noteworthy upgrade at center or a top-10 draft pick.

Sounds like an obvious wink wink at The Spurs and The Pacers to me.

Interesting that it says "or", not "and". The Spurs have both of these, and would probably be more willing to part with Poeltl than #9 if given the choice.

I don't know much about OG, other than that Toronto wasn't willing to include him in the package for Number Two. A glance at his stat page shows that he's a good 3-point shooter and mainly plays SF. His contract is favorable ($17.3M/18.6M/19.9M through 2025, player option on the last year). I've heard he's a good defender but I haven't watched him play, and probably wouldn't be able to tell you much even if I did.

I'd be surprised if Toronto trades him given his skillset and contract, and the Spurs would most likely have to either bring Keldon off the bench or keep starting him at the 4 if this trade happens.

Poeltl + #20 (Toronto's own natural pick) is probably the starting point of negotiations imo.

TD 21
06-13-2022, 06:28 PM
^ Anunoby is pretty much the archetype role playing 3 and D combo forward. He's legitimately good - great at both, though injury prone. He's delusional about being a star (poor ISO scorer and play maker), but this team needs someone to sop up usage anyway.

Johnson and him would be an amorphous forward duo, but at 6'8'' (in shoes) 240 with a 7'2'' wingspan, he's easily capable of being the nominal four.

CGD
06-13-2022, 07:00 PM
Is OG basically Jermi Grant 2.0? In other words, he wants a bigger role, but maybe doesn’t really justify getting one?

I’m cool riding with Vassell and hoping he pops in year 3 like our other guys.

tim_duncan_fan
06-13-2022, 07:18 PM
I feel like we as in Spurs fans have been talking about OG for 3 or 4 years and he still hasn't popped yet. Why care?

slick'81
06-13-2022, 07:24 PM
I feel like we as in Spurs fans have been talking about OG for 3 or 4 years and he still hasn't popped yet. Why care?

peeps here still wishing he was part of the derozan deal i guess

Mr. Body
06-13-2022, 07:29 PM

Because he may be wanting a trade right now? It's not rocket science, dude.

Joseph Kony
06-13-2022, 07:40 PM
I feel like you only try to get OG in a trade for 9 if you're going all in, and you already know Ayton or Lavine are coming. in that context I'm fine with it, but not in a vacuum.

rankingtear
06-14-2022, 10:50 AM
Among the potential trade partners for an Anunoby deal, Portland is consistently mentioned as a possibility, along with Denver and San Antonio. The Blazers are expected to be aggressive with the seventh pick in trade talks as they look to get win-now talent back around Damian Lillard.

CGD
06-14-2022, 11:18 AM
Among the potential trade partners for an Anunoby deal, Portland is consistently mentioned as a possibility, along with Denver and San Antonio. The Blazers are expected to be aggressive with the seventh pick in trade talks as they look to get win-now talent back around Damian Lillard.

Portland trying to land Collins, OG, and Grant with that 7th pick

BatManu20
06-14-2022, 11:25 AM
Yea Portland’s going to move that pick obviously. They’re trying to win now. Makes no sense to draft an 18-21 year old rookie.

rankingtear
06-14-2022, 11:30 AM
Looks like a DJ-Vassell-Keldon-OG-Ayton SL is still possible. Lavine looks out.

The Truth #6
06-14-2022, 11:35 AM
I don't see us getting Zach, Ayton, or OG, but rather some blue collar, affordable other option than no one considered.

MR-Clutch
06-14-2022, 11:40 AM
https://fanspo.com/nba/trade-machine

Spurs get 7th pick.
Blazers get OG
Raptors get Poetl.

Mr. Body
06-14-2022, 11:44 AM

Spurs get 7th pick.
Blazers get OG
Raptors get Poetl.

Spurs would need to give up more, as Poeltl isn't enough for the 7th.

MR-Clutch
06-14-2022, 11:49 AM

Would throwing keldon in be a deal breaker?

rjv
06-14-2022, 11:53 AM
people want to give up jakob for a 7th?

Seventyniner
06-14-2022, 12:04 PM

Also not enough for Toronto to receive for giving up OG. Throw in #20 and it balances better, but I'm still not sure that's enough.

rascal
06-14-2022, 12:29 PM
people want to give up jakob for a 7th?

Portland wouldn't do that.

rascal
06-14-2022, 12:30 PM
Would throwing keldon in be a deal breaker?

Doubt it.

Keldon has more value to Spur fans than he does to other teams.

rjv
06-14-2022, 12:38 PM

well, it would be jakob to toronto and OG goes to portland. not a good trade proposal for anyone, tbh.

Degoat
06-14-2022, 12:51 PM
Y’all are wayyyyyyy to low on Keldon imo Draymond Green himself said Keldon was a future all star, you think draymond would just say that out of the kindness of his heart?

Dejounte
06-14-2022, 12:58 PM
Y’all are wayyyyyyy to low on Keldon imo Draymond Green himself said Keldon was a future all star, you think draymond would just say that out of the kindness of his heart?

Draymond was a believer in Murray too.

IMO if Keldon is taking his weight seriously this summer, he could take a big leap.

Mr. Body
06-14-2022, 01:17 PM

Portland would trade the 7 for Anunoby.

Dverde
06-14-2022, 01:35 PM
Spurs could give up both lower draft picks to get the deal done. They would net #7, #9, and more cap space for a free agent. Poodle and two low first rounders for OG in a vacuum seems okay to me. Dame gets OG.

rascal
06-14-2022, 01:40 PM
Portland would trade the 7 for Anunoby.

I'm talking about for Poeltl.

MR-Clutch
06-14-2022, 02:18 PM
I'm talking about for Porltl.

In that scenario Toronto gets Poetl. Blazers get OG. Spurs get #7. It’s a 3 way trade.

rascal
06-14-2022, 02:33 PM
min that scenario Toronto gets Poetl. Blazers get OG. Spurs get #7. It’s a 3 way trade.

Toronto would need to get more.

RC_Drunkford
06-14-2022, 03:43 PM
I‘d trade Poeltl for OG. Draft Duren or Williams and the roster is better than last years

CGD
06-14-2022, 03:54 PM

Spurs get 7th pick.
Blazers get OG
Raptors get Poetl.

It all depends on whether Dame demands POR use 7 to get OG (as opposed to some of the other rumored names). In this way I think the 7th pick is somewhat "weakened" by that common knowledge around the league.

Then its a question of whether TOR prefers 7 to get someone like Duren, or if they like Jak. Probably have to give them 20 back too, which seems fair to me.

JPB
06-14-2022, 04:05 PM
I sometimes wonder if we're talking about the same Poodle. Seeing what some think he could bring us back, you'd swear the guy is a perennial all star... It's Jakob freakin' Pöltl people, on a one year contract.

4lifecowboy
06-14-2022, 04:11 PM
I'm still hoping for a trade for Houston's pick. I would be willing to give up our 9th and 20th, the Chicago 1st and Keldon. Either of the top 3 players would be worth it, plus a signing of Levine and we are in business.

RC_Drunkford
06-14-2022, 04:20 PM
all these options make me even more confident that we gon have a much better roster next season. The Spurs can get some of these players, move up or down, sign free agents and help facilitate bigger deals. They will come out the offseason with something to show

CGD
06-14-2022, 06:20 PM
I'm still hoping for a trade for Houston's pick. I would be willing to give up our 9th and 20th, the Chicago 1st and Keldon. Either of the top 3 players would be worth it, plus a signing of Levine and we are in business.

If they can flip Jak and 20 for 7 (via OG to Portland), then having 7 and 9 could get you to 3

Thomas82
06-14-2022, 11:28 PM
Check out this article:

https://www.si.com/fannation/nba/fastbreak/rumors/duke-star-freshman-being-linked-to-san-antonio-spurs-ahead-of-2022-nba-draft?fbclid=IwAR3Pf6CAYvB1QIitmeiQMOEzLt9N6ZjYdXD uDprzwtyYd2wkEk__EqO3DTk

slick'81
06-14-2022, 11:33 PM
Check out this article:

https://www.si.com/fannation/nba/fastbreak/rumors/duke-star-freshman-being-linked-to-san-antonio-spurs-ahead-of-2022-nba-draft?fbclid=IwAR3Pf6CAYvB1QIitmeiQMOEzLt9N6ZjYdXD uDprzwtyYd2wkEk__EqO3DTk

moot being that was before the lottery.

Thomas82
06-14-2022, 11:42 PM
moot being that was before the lottery.

Well, we can disregard it then. I wouldn't have been a fan anyway.

4lifecowboy
06-15-2022, 06:50 AM
Well, we can disregard it then. I wouldn't have been a fan anyway.
That would have been a dream, Banchero, Murray, and a free agent, say Levine.

John B
06-15-2022, 12:24 PM
That would have been a dream, Banchero, Murray, and a free agent, say Levine.

Precisely a dream and someone poured a cold water :lol

exstatic
06-15-2022, 06:25 PM

Because not everybody pops. Kawhi didn’t. He showed gradual improvement. OG has done likewise. He’s 24, and on a pretty friendly Spursy contract that has two years, plus a player option that he will likely decline. I’d go Poeltl or maybe Poeltl + 25.

bdictjames
06-15-2022, 08:47 PM
Looks like the Mavs got Christian Wood.

slick'81
06-15-2022, 08:52 PM

according to Shams Charania of The Athletic (https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1537239482394546177), Boban Marjanovic, Sterling Brown, Trey Burke and Marquese Chriss are being sent to Houston in addition to the first-round pick next week.

Dverde
06-15-2022, 08:52 PM

Spurs Alum Boban the Barbarian to Houston.

buttsR4rebounding
06-15-2022, 09:51 PM
Spurs Alum Boban the Barbarian to Houston.

And Marquese Chriss

Mr. Body
06-15-2022, 09:54 PM
If Houston wants to move up, their 17+26 package is better than the Spurs' 20+25. I don't see many teams in the 13-18 range who will go for what the Spurs are offering.

Dex
06-15-2022, 09:57 PM
Boban getting passed around like a blunt with a bad run in it.

slick'81
06-15-2022, 10:03 PM
Boban getting passed around like a blunt with a bad run in it.

danny green would be impressed

tonight...you
06-15-2022, 10:20 PM
I'd take Boban back in a heartbeat.

Dverde
06-15-2022, 10:39 PM
Spurs getting lapped in their own division…

Memphis - #2 seed with Ja and young core
Dallas - Luka, Brunson, Wood, and Co.
Houston - Top draft picks and cap space
NO - Good stoner core with Zion upside

Mr. Body
06-15-2022, 10:43 PM

Spurs = more championships than all of them combined.

slick'81
06-15-2022, 10:46 PM

Score board bitches

rascal
06-15-2022, 10:58 PM

We aren't looking at the past, looking to move forward.

There is no Tim Duncan walking through the door so let's see how this front office can get this team back on top.

SPURt
06-16-2022, 12:11 AM

All of these teams have serious issues. Not sure why anyone would be jealous? Zion will leave NO. Houston is trash and looks further away than SA. Dallas has Luka but are putting guys like Christian Wood and Jalen Brunson around him, ew. Memphis has Ja but will not be legit title contenders unless someone else takes a leap to All Star level, and at least one more becomes a borderline all star.

SA is in a similar place to all of them. I don’t see any team in this division being favorites to ring next year. The Spurs aren’t that far away from contending, but like these other teams, DJM needs some upgrades and internal growth. Should be fun to watch it all play out next year.

FutureMan
06-16-2022, 12:15 AM

Looks like the perfect storm to tank for a year or two and then pass all of them.

Mr. Body
06-16-2022, 12:30 AM
Dallas doesn't have a draft pick for the next three drafts, including this one. They just traded for a headcase who will probably put up good stats in a contract year but will be an issue when it matters.

Houston had a great draft last year and got rid of a headcase. I'm impressed with their direction, but the team is still incoherent and winning is a ways off.

Memphis is very good. They may be lacking the exceptional talent to get them over the final hurdle, but we'll see.

New Orleans' GM really turned it around in the last year with a ridiculous draft and great trade for McCollum. They should be very good.

Fireball
06-16-2022, 01:49 AM
I doubt Wood works out in any team that wants to win it all ... his mindset is a problem

JPB
06-16-2022, 02:19 AM

-Brunson, Wood and Co... Wooo! Championship material! (and I like the "Co".)
-Zion, you mean the guy who played 85 games in 3 seasons for NO...When he'll lose 50 pounds and will be able to play even half a season before he leaves NO, maybe.
-Houston has nothing for the moment, just hope. Their pick might bust and what star is gonna sign there in the next 2-3 years?
-Memphis is in good shape though.

NO is a good example. They got Zion and everyones was like: "Good future"... That was 3 drafts ago and they got one PO appearance total in that span, for a first round exit... And that was after they got AD, and eveyone was like "great future"... before they got 2 PO appearances in his 7 season tenure, good for one semi final exit. So that's litterally 10 years that NO has supposedly a "great future". Talk about "treadmill"...

T Park
06-16-2022, 02:33 AM
The Dallas trade is the epitome of a no lose, but you’re gonna lose trade.

rankingtear
06-16-2022, 03:05 AM
Wood would complain about touches 10 games in book it.

RC_Drunkford
06-16-2022, 05:49 AM
Spurs can easily fix the PF problem via trade. Let's see what moves they'll make and who we draft. That combined with internal improvement should make the team a playoff team again.

Dverde
06-16-2022, 09:07 AM
Makes you wonder if Houston didn’t offer Christian Wood to the Spurs for #20 or #25 and trade filler. They are both higher than Dallas’ pick.

scott
06-16-2022, 09:13 AM
Wood is one of the worst defensive centers in the league, so going to Dallas who desperately needs a defensive big man is lol

itzsoweezee
06-16-2022, 09:35 AM
-Brunson, Wood and Co... Wooo! Championship material! (and I like the "Co".)
-Zion, you mean the guy who played 85 games in 3 seasons for NO...When he'll lose 50 pounds and will be able to play even half a season before he leaves NO, maybe.
-Houston has nothing for the moment, just hope. Their pick might bust and what star is gonna sign there in the next 2-3 years?
-Memphis is in good shape though.

NO is a good example. They got Zion and everyones was like: "Good future"... That was 3 drafts ago and they got one PO appearance total in that span, for a first round exit... And that was after they got AD, and eveyone was like "great future"... before they got 2 PO appearances in his 7 season tenure, good for one semi final exit. So that's litterally 10 years that NO has supposedly a "great future". Talk about "treadmill"...

This is high level cope right here. Dallas and Memphis are easily in much, much better shape than the spurs, and will be for the foreseeable future. You’re hoping against hope the pelicans won’t be better, but there’s no reason to believe they won’t be. They were already better last year and they’ll be even better next year.

exstatic
06-16-2022, 09:37 AM
Makes you wonder if Houston didn’t offer Christian Wood to the Spurs for #20 or #25 and trade filler. They are both higher than Dallas’ pick.

Wright would have laughed at them, and hung up. Christian Wood is a lock room cancer and a turnstile on defense.

PhantomDashCam
06-18-2022, 07:29 PM

Some have speculated that this is about Golden State winning the ‘Chip with a chance to run it back.
I’m not convinced.
He was likely given very little assurance of team construction and personnel available for dispersal heading into the draft.

R. DeMurre
06-18-2022, 08:00 PM
The Christian Wood trade shows how hard it can be to make things happen in the NBA. I can't imagine he was their first choice as a way to upgrade the team, but he was the guy that was available. I remember reading many years ago an article where Phil Jackson said he and his staff made a list of PFs they wanted and Rodman was like #7 or #8, but none of the other players were available, so that's who they got.

slick'81
06-18-2022, 08:06 PM
The Christian Wood trade shows how hard it can be to make things happen in the NBA. I can't imagine he was their first choice as a way to upgrade the team, but he was the guy that was available. I remember reading many years ago an article where Phil Jackson said he and his staff made a list of PFs they wanted and Rodman was like #7 or #8, but none of the other players were available, so that's who they got.

just like derozan was not the Spurs first choice either

CGD
06-18-2022, 08:38 PM

Some have speculated that this is about Golden State winning the ‘Chip with a chance to run it back.
I’m not convinced.
He was likely given very little assurance of team construction and personnel available for dispersal heading into the draft.

Or he’s gonna throw his name in for spurs gig next year…

talkspurs
06-18-2022, 09:26 PM

I’m not convinced.

If it now goes to Dantoni then I wonder how much they will be looking for a center or if they will just play Kai Jones.

Ariel
06-19-2022, 09:38 PM
https://hoopshype.com/lists/nba-trade-rumors-rankings-tobias-harris-john-collins-thybulle-danny-green-anunoby/

For Toronto to consider trading Anunoby, it would have to be a substantial trade package for the soon-to-be 25-year-old forward along the lines of a noteworthy upgrade at center or a top-10 draft pick.
If only we were in need of a young wing and had a competent center who Toronto could find interesting plus other picks, or a top 10 pick in this draft... Oh well...

Degoat
06-19-2022, 09:46 PM
https://hoopshype.com/lists/nba-trade-rumors-rankings-tobias-harris-john-collins-thybulle-danny-green-anunoby/

If only we were in need of a young wing and had a competent center who Toronto could find interesting plus other picks, or a top 10 pick in this draft... Oh well...

Everyone could be had at a reasonable cost but the fact that the raptors traded Jakob once already makes me believe they wouldn’t trade back for him lol and idk how I’d feel about trading the 9th pick for Og I wouldn’t hate it but it would be a little disappointing.

tbdog
06-19-2022, 11:07 PM
Leaks were Toronto wanted Poeltl at the dead line but spurs asking price was to much. So they got young for a first instead.

KingKev
06-20-2022, 01:51 AM
If OG is in play I’d pay Jak, JRich, 20 or 25 and Primo.

RC_Drunkford
06-20-2022, 06:51 AM

this is the right move tbh. Poeltl, J-Rich and 25 for OG makes both teams better. Draft Duren or Mark Williams as a replacement and the team looks much better than last year.

Dex
06-20-2022, 08:19 AM
Not sure where to stick this so it's going in this thread, but this is pretty sweet:

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0250/0714/products/NBA-Jam-Spurs-Murray-and-Johnson-01011029730-charcoal-flat_2000x.jpg

mo7888
06-20-2022, 08:30 AM
Apparently Kyrie is going into FA and will consider other options... Early indications say LA and The Knicks are interested. I don't see how LA can shed enough salary to get in the running. He probably wouldn't consider us(and other warts) but, he'd certainly be a type of go-to scorer we need.

Dex
06-20-2022, 08:40 AM
Apparently Kyrie is going into FA and will consider other options... Early indications say LA and The Knicks are interested. I don't see how LA can shed enough salary to get in the running. He probably wouldn't consider us(and other warts) but, he'd certainly be a type of go-to scorer we need.

What a bitch.

Tries to form a superteam with his "best friend" Durant, basically sacrifices a season because he's afraid to get a couple shots, alienates James Harden so now Brooklyn is stuck with the headcase that is Ben Simmons...and now he wants to bail on all that?

I hate these new stars in the NBA. Even Kobe was a piece of work, but he still stuck it out and got the job done for his team. Kyrie got carried to one title by LeBron and wants to act like he is NBA royalty.

Do not want.

mo7888
06-20-2022, 08:44 AM
What a bitch.

Tries to form a superteam with his "best friend" Durant, basically sacrifices a season because he's afraid to get a couple shots, alienates James Harden so now Brooklyn is stuck with the headcase that is Ben Simmons...and now he wants to bail on all that?

I hate these new stars in the NBA. Even Kobe was a piece of work, but he still stuck it out and got the job done for his team. Kyrie got carried to one title by LeBron and wants to act like he is NBA royalty.

Do not want.

I don't think it's that he wants to bail...I think it's that Brooklyn doesn't want to pay him max money.

Dex
06-20-2022, 09:01 AM
I don't think it's that he wants to bail...I think it's that Brooklyn doesn't want to pay him max money.

Nor should they. Kyrie is a nutjob who would rather act like he is "woke" than actually play basketball which, by the way...he is being paid to do.

You don't pay max money to a guy who could just decide to not show up for work for any number of reasons. If we see another COVID spike, guess who is gonna be stuck on the sideline again?

I'd rather the Spurs be stuck in the cellar for the next 5 years than have to cheer for a mouth-breater like Kyrie Irving. Great basketball talent, terrible person.

mo7888
06-20-2022, 09:26 AM
Nor should they. Kyrie is a nutjob who would rather act like he is "woke" than actually play basketball which, by the way...he is being paid to do.

You don't pay max money to a guy who could just decide to not show up for work for any number of reasons. If we see another COVID spike, guess who is gonna be stuck on the sideline again?

I'd rather the Spurs be stuck in the cellar for the next 5 years than have to cheer for a mouth-breater like Kyrie Irving. Great basketball talent, terrible person.

Ok...but I don't see how we can criticize Kyrie for 'bailing' on a team when that team doesn't want to pay him what other teams will pay...

Dex
06-20-2022, 09:39 AM
Ok...but I don't see how we can criticize Kyrie for 'bailing' on a team when that team doesn't want to pay him what other teams will pay...

I just saw a stat on ESPN.

Over the last 3 years, Kyrie Irving has played in 108 games for Brooklyn.

He has missed 123 games.

In that time...they have one playoff series win. A team with Durant, Irving, Harden (and now Simmons)....has one playoff series win.

Let's also not forget that he quit on Cleveland because he didn't want to be LeBron's baby brother, then quit on the Celtics because he wanted to form his own squad.

No one in their right mind should give this guy a max contract. But I'm sure there is some GM out there dumb enough to do it.

mo7888
06-20-2022, 10:02 AM
I just saw a stat on ESPN.

Over the last 3 years, Kyrie Irving has played in 108 games for Brooklyn.

He has missed 123 games.

In that time...they have one playoff series win. A team with Durant, Irving, Harden (and now Simmons)....has one playoff series win.

Let's also not forget that he quit on Cleveland because he didn't want to be LeBron's baby brother, then quit on the Celtics because he wanted to form his own squad.

No one in their right mind should give this guy a max contract. But I'm sure there is some GM out there dumb enough to do it.

Most GM's in the league would give him the max (and I expect Brooklyn will eventually as well).

Dex
06-20-2022, 10:18 AM
Most GM's in the league would give him the max (and I expect Brooklyn will eventually as well).

Cool. If they want to spend money to tank their team, that's not my problem.

mo7888
06-20-2022, 10:22 AM
Cool. If they want to spend money to tank their team, that's not my problem.

True dat

CGD
06-20-2022, 10:31 AM

Will be interesting to see what harden does. Sounds like he might take a shorter deal, which may have ramifications for Irving as well.

rjv
06-20-2022, 10:35 AM
is kyrie signs with the spurs then the earth is truly flat. and, of course, we're going to be inundated with all kinds of kyrie to the lakers BS.

KingKev
06-20-2022, 10:39 AM
It’s funny that Harden and Kryie have fked themselves out of serious money by being hoes while a lesser Bradley Beal is likely to secure the bag because he looks to be handling his pending free agency in a mature manner.

Kyrie and Harden having to take money off the table is good for the league. Pendulum swing way to far in favour of divas.

Beal on a max deal will be the worst contract in the NBA in a few years though.

KobesAchilles
06-20-2022, 10:45 AM
I feel like Marks is going to add some clauses in Kyries contract to keep him in check. The dude just doesn’t have his head right and it is messing with both the team and his own career. It sucks for Marks though bc Durant is a follower and has picked up that Kyrie mindset when it comes to some stuff. Like the dude didn’t care that they lost to the Celtics and refused to say Kyrie was an issue at all the whole year

Dex
06-20-2022, 10:49 AM
I feel like Marks is going to add some clauses in Kyries contract to keep him in check. The dude just doesn’t have his head right and it is messing with both the team and his own career. It sucks for Marks though bc Durant is a follower and has picked up that Kyrie mindset when it comes to some stuff. Like the dude didn’t care that they lost to the Celtics and refused to say Kyrie was an issue at all the whole year

Despite his decision to go to Golden State and easily get some rings....I really like Durant. Amazing player, goes about his business for the most part (except when he spouts off on Twitter). You can't argue with his will to win...he basically carried Team USA to the gold.

Kyrie on the other hand...fuck off. It's sad that Durant has hitched his trailer to a guy who doesn't seem to really want to put in the hours.

And now Brooklyn is stuck with the decision to appease Kyrie...or risk losing Durant.

KingKev
06-20-2022, 11:13 AM
Despite his decision to go to Golden State and easily get some rings....I really like Durant. Amazing player, goes about his business for the most part (except when he spouts off on Twitter). You can't argue with his will to win...he basically carried Team USA to the gold.

Kyrie on the other hand...fuck off. It's sad that Durant has hitched his trailer to a guy who doesn't seem to really want to put in the hours.

And now Brooklyn is stuck with the decision to appease Kyrie...or risk losing Durant.

Yeah I agree. Durant always shows up to play and never makes excuses. He plays hurt and does whatwver his team requires him of winning.

There is an element of immaturity with him and that’s probably his biggest flaw.

Crazy we probably could have paired him with Kawhi/LMA summer 2016 if he was up for it.

DJ/Kahwi/Durant would have been beastly

Seventyniner
06-20-2022, 12:21 PM
Not sure where to stick this so it's going in this thread, but this is pretty sweet:

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0250/0714/products/NBA-Jam-Spurs-Murray-and-Johnson-01011029730-charcoal-flat_2000x.jpg

Nice, I'll have to pick one up. I got the Duncan/Robinson version last year. A Parker/Ginobili one would be fire too.

Mr. Body
06-22-2022, 01:09 PM
Hollinger now reporting Charlotte's interest in trading one of their picks for Myles Turner. That seems like a more likely bet on both sides than Poeltl.

CGD
06-22-2022, 01:33 PM
Hollinger now reporting Charlotte's interest in trading one of their picks for Myles Turner. That seems like a more likely bet on both sides than Poeltl.

Makes more sense honestly since Turner is under control for 2 more years.
Poeltl needs to be extended and then signed at this point, or Spurs just keep him.

Mr. Body
06-22-2022, 01:46 PM
Poeltl needs to be extended and then signed at this point, or Spurs just keep him.

Turner is also younger, although he hasn't played a ton the last two years, and he fits the Hornets better. The Pacers aren't sitting on two other FRPs, too, so are more likely to trae. As far as I know, the Spurs looking to trade to Charlotte has not been substantiated.

BackHome
06-22-2022, 02:17 PM

They would definitely have to give up both picks to even get Indy to pick up the phone to begin the conversation

RC_Drunkford
06-22-2022, 03:40 PM

they would still have to move Hayward though to free up cap space and resign Miles Bridges. Them trading a pick for Turner just means they have even more salary on their cap

mo7888
06-24-2022, 04:43 PM
Charlotte just agreed with Steve Clifford to return as head coach...

KingKev
06-24-2022, 04:58 PM

Turner and Jak will both be FAs in 2023.

mo7888
06-24-2022, 05:57 PM
Thinking about some of the guys that might be available next month in trades I'm wondering what kind of assets team would add to move Randle, Hayward, or Fournier? What about Porzingis? I could see any of them being moved but I'm unsure of value..

Robz4000
06-24-2022, 06:11 PM
Charlotte just agreed with Steve Clifford to return as head coach...

:lol the fuck is up with all these retreads?

cutewizard
06-24-2022, 06:23 PM
Spurs return to respectability, gentlemen..............

CGD
06-24-2022, 06:59 PM
Now I’m calling Knicks and offering to take Fournier off their hands for the 3 FRPs they just acquired las night.

Ocotillo
06-24-2022, 08:14 PM
:lol the fuck is up with all these retreads?

I heard Atkinson’s contract was small, Jordan cheaping out as Clifford probably costs even less.

mo7888
06-28-2022, 01:58 PM
Looks like Will Hardy to Utah as HC..

mo7888
06-28-2022, 02:38 PM
Raps extend QO to Nando de Colo.... I thought that was interesting...haven't heard that name in quite some time..

RC_Drunkford
06-28-2022, 02:58 PM
some good news to cheer you up Spurs Nation :bobo

KingKev
06-28-2022, 03:11 PM
some good news to cheer you up Spurs Nation :bobo

haha his contract is a walking noose. Not even ring chasers want part of the Lakers lol. If DJ is commanding 3-5 draft pick with low protection I want 3 FRPs and 5 Lakers girls to eat Russ’ final year.

cjw
06-28-2022, 03:28 PM
haha his contract is a walking noose. Not even ring chasers want part of the Lakers lol. If DJ is commanding 3-5 draft pick with low protection I want 3 FRPs and 5 Lakers girls to eat Russ’ final year.

The smartest thing the Lakers can do (and I don’t know how they do it…) is to try to turn his contract into 2-3 smaller bad contracts. Those become easier to trade.

Problem is teams have gotten smarter and those don’t really exist anymore. Let alone multiple ones on the same team.

RC_Drunkford
06-28-2022, 03:31 PM
The smartest thing the Lakers can do (and I don’t know how they do it…) is to try to turn his contract into 2-3 smaller bad contracts. Those become easier to trade.

Problem is teams have gotten smarter and those don’t really exist anymore. Let alone multiple ones on the same team.

nobody is taking that contract without getting a pick in return. The smartest thing the Lakers could do is negotiate a buy out, but they won't do that to him. So the 2nd smartest thing they could do is let him play out the contract and that's what they are doing

Ignazzz
06-28-2022, 03:35 PM

please remember add protections in this 5 girls deal. Lakers. You know ….

KingKev
06-28-2022, 04:31 PM
please remember add protections in this 5 girls deal. Lakers. You know ….

haha California still good but need to double strap in Texas now. Prenump either way.

CGD
06-28-2022, 04:35 PM
haha California still good but need to double strap in Texas now. Prenump either way.

Yup… friendly reminder, kids, child support for one kid in Texas is 20% of Net Monthly Income.

PhantomDashCam
06-30-2022, 07:42 PM
Hands down the funniest player in the NBA. Can't believe he still has people wanting to trade for him here...
The face, the context, Kyrie's shoes in the b/g ...:bobo

ace3g
07-01-2022, 04:28 PM
https://twitter.com/KENS5/status/1542953744069009409

CGD
07-01-2022, 07:00 PM
https://twitter.com/KENS5/status/1542953744069009409

I wonder if Jessie James is still working these guys out.

BackHome
07-01-2022, 08:20 PM
Didn’t Timmy start the whole boxing cardio routine with the Spurs?

KingKev
07-01-2022, 09:02 PM
Vassell is looking deezed. Young fella looks 35 now lol.

Silverheart80
07-22-2022, 04:02 PM
2) No trades to move up. This year's top PFs don't justify the investment.

3) If the Spurs hold on to the 9th -- it's Sochan. His defensive switchability on all five positions is too good to pass up. At age 18, his timeline matches the Josh Primo timeline. (Remember this one from Brian Wright last summer? "Josh's development timeline will be Josh's development timeline. There's no pressure from us." More on that later.) Duren is younger, but again Sochan's switchability and IQ fits best.

4) No, I wouldn't go for a free agent big man with this summer's cap space. If I look at the moves the Spurs have made in the last year -- drafting another 6'5" guard in spite of redundancy, not fixing the problem at PF, seemingly not caring about where they slot in the lottery chase -- I would guess they have their eyes on 2023 rather than 2022.

Winning rings requires at least one, if not two players, that create relentless mismatches. Current Spurs roster has no one even close to that. Nice role players, but none of these current guys is going to turn into a dominant top-10-level mismatch on both ends, night after night. Not happening. I don't see Holmgren, Smith, or Banchero as being MVP-level game changers either. So no reason to trade up.

But I do think there's at least one in the 2023 draft and that's Victor Wembanyama. Spurs won't outright tank for a shot at him, but I think they stand pat this summer and 'kick the can' to next year's draft as much as possible. My guess is they move two picks out of this year's first round to hopefully acquire picks for next year's first round.

That comment from Wright last summer seemed odd at the time, but looking at what the Spurs have done -- I don't think they're focused on trying to win a championship with DJ, Keldon, and Devin as a 'Big Three'. I think they're biding their time 'til they have a shot at a generational player. I think Wembanyama has a real shot to be the next one and it doesn't hurt that he plays for the same French pro team that Tony Parker owns (although that means nothing come draft time….still cool though). Meanwhile, that would explain why the Spurs feel 'no pressure'. So they keep developing a beta lineup of role players. No need to rock that boat this summer. Hopefully sooner rather than later, they'll catch a generational big fish to match the much-younger timeline Wright seems to be eyeing.

Hopefully I don't jinx us by posting this, but I'm alright with this offseason for the Spurs. Turned out pretty close to what I hoped / predicted back before the Play-In game vs. the Pelicans.

Draft Sochan? Check.
No loss of assets to move up in this past draft? Check.
No signing of free agents to raise the upcoming season's win ceiling? Check.

Calling my shot. I think we win 23 games this coming season. 'Pray that's enough to finish in the bottom 3 and have a 14% shot at Wembanyama. I'd love if the Spurs have the worst record (probably 15-16 wins) because then they'd be guaranteed a top-5 pick. Losing hard this season is gonna suck, but if by some miracle of miracles the Spurs get the #1 pick next summer, this will be our last losing season for a very long time.

CGD
07-22-2022, 04:33 PM
Still a couple moves to be had before the trade deadline in Feb. as well: settling Jakob’s future, using capspace, and, to a lesser extent, trying to get value for the Richardson and Romeo expirings.

scott
07-22-2022, 05:50 PM
Hopefully I don't jinx us by posting this, but I'm alright with this offseason for the Spurs. Turned out pretty close to what I hoped / predicted back before the Play-In game vs. the Pelicans.

Draft Sochan? Check.
No loss of assets to move up in this past draft? Check.
No signing of free agents to raise the upcoming season's win ceiling? Check.

Calling my shot. I think we win 23 games this coming season. 'Pray that's enough to finish in the bottom 3 and have a 14% shot at Wembanyama. I'd love if the Spurs have the worst record (probably 15-16 wins) because then they'd be guaranteed a top-5 pick. Losing hard this season is gonna suck, but if by some miracle of miracles the Spurs get the #1 pick next summer, this will be our last losing season for a very long time.

From your keyboard to reality! Make it so!

Good stuff

Ice009
07-22-2022, 08:12 PM
I don't think Wembanyama is going to turn the whole franchise around in his rookie season. Still might have a losing season of two if getting him. He's not Tim Duncan where he's going to come in and lead 30+ win season turnaround. I could be wrong. Hope we get him, though, and find out.

tonight...you
07-22-2022, 08:39 PM
I don't think Wembanyama is going to turn the whole franchise around in his rookie season. Still might have a losing season of two if getting him. He's not Tim Duncan where he's going to come in and lead 30+ win season turnaround. I could be wrong. Hope we get him, though, and find out.
Tbh, it wasn't Timmy who turned the team around alone.
They were stacked as hell, just injured.

DRob held the greatest season turnaround ever title before Tim showed up, but Tim had a better team he was going onto.

Such a great conflagration for us fans to enjoy.

Ice009
07-22-2022, 08:45 PM
Tbh, it wasn't Timmy who turned the team around alone.
They were stacked as hell, just injured.

DRob held the greatest season turnaround ever title before Tim showed up, but Tim had a better team he was going onto.

Such a great conflagration for us fans to enjoy.

Yes, I was going to mention that TD also had a good team, so I guess it needed to be said. D-Rob also didn't go to a crap team. D-Rob and TD were also both NBA ready from day one. Not sure if Wembanyama will be in their league from day 1.

I do remember D-Rob and TD having the biggest single season turnaround ever at the time, but I think someone else broke that record. Was it the 2008 Celtics?

Silverheart80
07-22-2022, 10:29 PM

I'm not saying we're competing for an le in Wembanyama's rookie season, but I would disagree and say that a Spurs team with him could gain 25-30 wins in his rookie year. That frame of his creates such difficult mismatch issues for other teams -- even just in terms of passing angles. That, and the issues he'll create on defense, will make teammates much better right away. And I think as bad as this coming year is gonna be, we're gonna see Devin become a beast. Will be interesting to see how much Keldon evolves, and I think at least one of this year's rookies will become a standout. Put those developments with a key free agent signing alongside a Wembanyama (remember Spurs signing Terry Cummings to go alongside DRob in his rookie year?), and I do think the Spurs would have a winning record in a Wembanyama rookie year.

The other reason is because the clock will be ticking. I don't think the franchise has a choice but to load up to win if they snag Wembanyama. We're small market so we're gonna need to immediately prove to him that he can win here before his rookie contract runs out and he can be wooed away.

But that said -- this is all just hopes and dreams. A lot of losing needs to happen to even have a chance to find out. :)

rogcl1
07-22-2022, 11:06 PM
I'm not saying we're competing for an le in Wembanyama's rookie season, but I would disagree and say that a Spurs team with him could gain 25-30 wins in his rookie year. That frame of his creates such difficult mismatch issues for other teams -- even just in terms of passing angles. That, and the issues he'll create on defense, will make teammates much better right away. And I think as bad as this coming year is gonna be, we're gonna see Devin become a beast. Will be interesting to see how much Keldon evolves, and I think at least one of this year's rookies will become a standout. Put those developments with a key free agent signing alongside a Wembanyama (remember Spurs signing Terry Cummings to go alongside DRob in his rookie year?), and I do think the Spurs would have a winning record in a Wembanyama rookie year.

The other reason is because the clock will be ticking. I don't think the franchise has a choice but to load up to win if they snag Wembanyama. We're small market so we're gonna need to immediately prove to him that he can win here before his rookie contract runs out and he can be wooed away.

But that said -- this is all just hopes and dreams. A lot of losing needs to happen to even have a chance to find out. :)

Heaven help the poor kid if we are lucky enough to get him and folks have these kind of immediate expectations of him. Duncan and Robinson were full four year college players with time to develop physically, mentally ,and basketball skillwise. He would be another 19 year old kid that will need time to mature and develop. Slow down a little.

tonight...you
07-22-2022, 11:22 PM
Heaven help the poor kid if we are lucky enough to get him and folks have these kind of immediate expectations of him. Duncan and Robinson were full four year college players with time to develop physically, mentally ,and basketball skillwise. He would be another 19 year old kid that will need time to mature and develop. Slow down a little.
And they stepped onto ready-made teams.
Wemby would not be doing the same.

RC_Drunkford
07-23-2022, 04:52 AM
yeah Wembanyama will need 2-3 years just like the Greek Freak. He's only 19 and played like 20 min per game for ASVEL last season. The kid will need to put on some muscle and have to get used to the NBA, but if the Spurs get him they basically have a core with young players filling every position and can just let them play til they get good enough to get back to the playoffs. I'd say a 2026 playoff appearance should be the goal for this franchise.

Vince Carter's ankle
07-23-2022, 05:37 AM
yeah Wembanyama will need 2-3 years just like the Greek Freak. He's only 19 and played like 20 min per game for ASVEL last season. The kid will need to put on some muscle and have to get used to the NBA, but if the Spurs get him they basically have a core with young players filling every position and can just let them play til they get good enough to get back to the playoffs. I'd say a 2026 playoff appearance should be the goal for this franchise.
Weэll follow his performance for the Thunder.

exstatic
07-23-2022, 07:18 AM

Tim did, David did not. David was drafted in 1987, and the team was in the lottery for the next two years before he completed his Navy service.

KingKev
07-23-2022, 07:31 AM
Tim did, David did not. David was drafted in 1987, and the team was in the lottery for the next two years before he completed his Navy service.

But DRob came into a team with new additions in Sean Elliott, Terry Cummings and Mad Max/Rod Strickland and Willie Anderson (year before). He came into a pretty good roster.

tonight...you
07-23-2022, 12:03 PM
What KingKev said.

rastaspur
07-23-2022, 12:54 PM
But DRob came into a team with new additions in Sean Elliott, Terry Cummings and Mad Max/Rod Strickland and Willie Anderson (year before). He came into a pretty good roster.

At the time, wasn't it the biggest turnaround in record from one season to the next? If it wasn't it was close.

But yeah, Sean Elliott and a second year rod and Willie equally deserve credit.

Dex
07-23-2022, 01:45 PM

exstatic
07-23-2022, 01:46 PM

It turned out OK, but Tim came to a roster that had been to the WCFs a couple of years earlier. The 89-90 roster was kind of an unknown, and it’s outcome was probably 80% due to an athletic freak from the USNA, and not pre-existing construction.

CGD
07-23-2022, 01:53 PM

Does this mean Weiskamf is toast?

John B
07-23-2022, 02:00 PM
It turned out OK, but Tim came to a roster that had been to the WCFs a couple of years earlier. The 89-90 roster was kind of an unknown, and it’s outcome was probably 80% due to an athletic freak from the USNA, and not pre-existing construction.

DRob was also a 24 years old rookie, full NBA body who can go against NBA competition from day 1. Unlike our draftees of 19.

mo7888
07-23-2022, 02:17 PM

Most likely means he'll be on the main roster like he was towards the end of last season.

rastaspur
07-23-2022, 02:20 PM
Kevin Durant was an inefficient chucker his first year with one year of college under his belt. Didn't hardly improve Seattle at all.

Luka doncic - a fucking stud from day 1 with an NBA body. No 20 to 30 game swing

There's a learning curve. Especially for a 7'3 skeleton.

Could he tack on 10-20 wins with the help of an improved squad who averages less than 24 years with ample room for improvement ? Absolutely.

KingKev
07-23-2022, 02:20 PM

He has a QO in the table. Doubt anyone else is going to offer him more so he’ll be at training camp.

Atl Spur
07-23-2022, 02:43 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Atl Spur
#30 has shown some promise; would like to see him in austin

It’s a gift…… primo says hi!

BackHome
07-23-2022, 09:00 PM
Kevin Durant was an inefficient chucker his first year with one year of college under his belt. Didn't hardly improve Seattle at all.

Luka doncic - a fucking stud from day 1 with an NBA body. No 20 to 30 game swing

There's a learning curve. Especially for a 7'3 skeleton.

Could he tack on 10-20 wins with the help of an improved squad who averages less than 24 years with ample room for improvement ? Absolutely.

Yeah I have a feeling that OK is going to take it slow with Chet because one he is so skinny and two it just takes longer for bigs bodies to be ready for NBA grind. They not going to put to much pressure on a a tall player bones and ligaments by giving him to much work at least for probably first year and maybe second year...

KingKev
07-24-2022, 05:05 PM
At the time, wasn't it the biggest turnaround in record from one season to the next? If it wasn't it was close.

But yeah, Sean Elliott and a second year rod and Willie equally deserve credit.

https://youtu.be/hnzzi0QDK-w

Point Gods drops next weekend on Showtime… all about NYC PGs

I’m looking forward to this; def will be some Strick footage.