PDA

View Full Version : General playoff thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

SAGirl
04-16-2022, 12:02 AM
It feels great to see the Pelicans being able to rebuild and get back in the playoffs so quickly, with a different team from the Davis teams, while Davis And the Lakers got eliminated with his continued injury history. Also, BI stopped up. It feels momentous to see a young team suddenly grow up.

Would feel great for the Spurs to be able to make it in next season while Leonard continues with his injuries.

PhantomDashCam
04-16-2022, 04:28 AM
First Round predictions:

West
Utah over Dallas, Memphis over Minnesota, Golden State over Denver, Phoenix over NO.
East
Philly over Toronto, Boston over Brooklyn, Milwaukee over Chicago, Miami over Atlanta.

Ice009
04-16-2022, 06:02 AM
It feels great to see the Pelicans being able to rebuild and get back in the playoffs so quickly, with a different team from the Davis teams, while Davis And the Lakers got eliminated with his continued injury history. Also, BI stopped up. It feels momentous to see a young team suddenly grow up.

Would feel great for the Spurs to be able to make it in next season while Leonard continues with his injuries.

Yeah, good on Brandon Ingram. He's been great these two play-in games. He's been a good player for the Pelicans the past two seasons. It also sucks seeing him play this well, though, as I would have much preferred a package around Ingram for Kawhi, but people keep saying that wasn't on the table. I'm sure the Spurs could have gotten something done if they were serious about it, as I also think they didn't want to deal with the Lakers, so in turn the Lakers probably didn't offer any decent packages. I just wonder if they could have gotten him if they were actually willing to deal with the Lakers.

Looking at both Kawhi and Anthony Davis' injury history, I wonder who the Lakers would prefer now if they had a choice between the two. I think they get two rings with Kawhi as he basically played the past 3 seasons before this one.

SAGirl
04-16-2022, 09:05 AM
^ I no longer torture myself with the whats ifs tbh. no one will convince me the shitty offer they got was all there was to get bc the Spurs didn’t want to deal him and hoped to convince him to stay all season, effectively discouraging teams at the beginning of the rift. They only got a sense of urgency when the ghosting got to ridiculous levels, and Pop didn’t want to deal with the Lakers. Heck I read in the press Pop was trying to discourage the Pelicans from dealing Davis to the Lakers as well and that would have been a mistake for them.

But that’s so way in the past, I am over it.

————————

On another note, watching other teams it’s evident the Spurs are far away from being relevant without an offensive star on top of their other holes.

My pick team for the playoffs is Memphis. I’ve watched them on and off since Anderson signed there and have thus seen them in several stages of their rebuild since the Gasol/Conley years. I am not even a bandwagon fan of theirs. But there are other interesting young teams in the playoffs worth watching, will be fun.

—————————
PhantomDashCam, thanks for your predictions. I like your choices too.

Russ
04-16-2022, 09:23 AM
Yeah, good on Brandon Ingram. He's been great these two play-in games. He's been a good player for the Pelicans the past two seasons. It also sucks seeing him play this well, though, as I would have much preferred a package around Ingram for Kawhi, but people keep saying that wasn't on the table. I'm sure the Spurs could have gotten something done if they were serious about it, as I also think they didn't want to deal with the Lakers, so in turn the Lakers probably didn't offer any decent packages. I just wonder if they could have gotten him if they were actually willing to deal with the Lakers.

The most amazing thing about Ingram is that he's only 24 years old. Seems like he's been in the league for 10 years.

Ariel
04-16-2022, 09:42 AM
First Round predictions:

West
Utah over Dallas, Memphis over Minnesota, Golden State over Denver, Phoenix over NO.
East
Philly over Toronto, Boston over Brooklyn, Milwaukee over Chicago, Miami over Atlanta.
I'll take Toronto over Philly, and I'm not 100% sold on Golden State but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. The rest I agree with.

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-16-2022, 11:52 AM
It will be interesting to see Zion’s role and how the team dynamic shifts once he’s back. You would think NO will only get better, but chemistry can be b!tch as we saw with DDR in a Spurs uniform.

PhantomDashCam
04-16-2022, 08:37 PM
The Scottie Barnes ankle injury didn’t look great. Could be done for the series. Prayers up.

ismael-robert
04-16-2022, 08:54 PM
So basically all the higher seeded teams win thank u for your edgy insight (yea I kno dallas over Utah but they're injured so meh)PhantomDashCam

emanueldavidginobili
04-16-2022, 09:08 PM
Damn Minnesota looked good today. We have a long way to go to even be on their level, to put things into perspective.

ducks
04-16-2022, 10:41 PM
Phoenix does not win title this year
Trade players

SAGirl
04-16-2022, 11:45 PM
Very disappointed in how the Grizzlies played today. They didn’t look ready to play. The KAT matchup is horrible for Adams and they may need to reduce his minutes significantly going forward and he may even be played off the floor, and their shooters weren’t aggressive enough. It was just disappointing to not see the team ready, but that’s on the coach.

Also, dare I say it, they go as far as Jaren Jackson will take them and he’s still an immature player in the sense that there are many things he needs to improve but avoiding foul trouble is the key here.

————

I like Jokic a lot and to see the rest of his teammates unable to score or defend well was dispiriting. GSW are looking good, but only Jokic showed up for Denver.

———
I really didn’t care about other matchups, but I look forward to Pellies/Suns tomorrow.

PhantomDashCam
04-17-2022, 02:17 AM
So basically all the higher seeded teams win thank u for your edgy insight (yea I kno dallas over Utah but they're injured so meh)PhantomDashCam

Hang on, so you post like a douche...then actually go into your post 3 hours later, edit it, and come out with something that's still incoherent. Well done. Or should that be 'wel down brosif #%'

objective
04-17-2022, 02:40 AM
Something I thought about posting a couple of weeks ago when it happened and was confirmed by Locked On Jazz but never bothered to find a good thread to do it in:

Rudy Gay has been benched from the regular rotation in Utah. Not due to injury, but him just being washed.

Quin Snyder had to sit and have 'the talk' with him about how was now going to be a situational matchup player. So he still might play ... But he's thoroughly washed up and they acknowledge it.

Rough situation for them seeing as how he still has another 2 years and 12.5 million guaranteed coming to him. Though to be fair, the last year at 6.5 is a player option :lol

And they're going to be a tax team ...

MannyIsGod
04-17-2022, 09:29 AM
Man yesterday's games were boring af.

SAGirl
04-17-2022, 03:09 PM
The Nets Boston game is amazing to start. A lot of defensive plays. I haven’t watched Boston all season but they have looked impressive on D.

TD 21
04-17-2022, 04:44 PM
Suns over Pelicans in 4
Jazz over Mavericks in 6
Warriors over Nuggets in 5
Grizzlies over Timberwolves in 6

Heat over Hawks in 5
76ers over Raptors in 6
Bucks over Bulls in 4
Celtics over Nets in 7

Ariel
04-17-2022, 04:44 PM
The Boston Brooklyn series started off great... I love playoff basketball.

PhantomDashCam
04-17-2022, 04:49 PM
Udoka should’ve given Tatum a rest to start the 4th. He looks gassed atm

Bojo
04-17-2022, 05:08 PM
Wow, insane finish

itzsoweezee
04-17-2022, 05:09 PM
What a fucking game

PhantomDashCam
04-17-2022, 05:11 PM
Incredible!

On that last play as Tatum slipped back door for the layup, all I could hear was Sean Elliott’s voice saying ‘Line between ball and man’ :lol

KingKev
04-17-2022, 05:17 PM
D White with a very D White line in 28 mins. 7pts, 3Reb, 4Assts, 3Stls, 2TO, 1-4 3pt.

slick'81
04-17-2022, 05:22 PM
D White with a very D White line in 28 mins. 7pts, 3Reb, 4Assts, 3Stls, 2TO, 1-4 3pt.

as patty mills for brooklyn- 2/0/0/0

baseline bum
04-17-2022, 05:24 PM
Unreal pass from Smart. Any lower and no way Tatum was getting that shot off on time.

MVPCues
04-17-2022, 05:25 PM
Awesome game, amazing finish. Durbeta losing by 1 is sweet!

timtonymanu
04-17-2022, 05:34 PM
as patty mills for brooklyn- 2/0/0/0

It's okay, he can just buy coffee for his teammates.

ismael-robert
04-17-2022, 05:37 PM
Hang on, so you post like a douche...then actually go into your post 3 hours later, edit it, and come out with something that's still incoherent. Well done. Or should that be 'wel down brosif #%'

What's so hard to understand...all u did was pick the better teams, except for Dallas who is seeded higher than Utah, but Dallas injured (Luka n TH Jr) so that's not a bold take either...I only went back to quote u cause realized people might wonder who/what was I replying to I didn't edit anything

R. DeMurre
04-17-2022, 05:52 PM
Milwaukee opens up Game 1 with a 9-0 run. DeMar DeRozan's travel agent already looking at monthly prices for Italian villas on the Amalfi coast, starting May 1st.

GAustex
04-17-2022, 05:54 PM
DDR is the worst good player ever
So happy he is gone gone gone

baseline bum
04-17-2022, 05:58 PM
Bucks looking fierce, seems like we're destined for a Finals rematch.

timtonymanu
04-17-2022, 06:03 PM
That was a typical Playoff DeRozan quarter.

TD 21
04-17-2022, 06:04 PM
Bucks looking fierce, seems like we're destined for a Finals rematch.

The Celtics and Warriors could easily get to the Finals.

RC_Drunkford
04-17-2022, 06:06 PM
given the teams stay healthy I expect a Suns vs. Bucks finals rematch

Ariel
04-17-2022, 06:10 PM
The Celtics and Warriors could easily get to the Finals.
I'm not 100% sold on Golden State... they've been up and down, and I feel they're going to lose an important player to injuries at some point in the playoffs. I like the Suns from the West, and the East is going to be tough between Milwaukee, Boston and Miami, but I'll give the Bucks the advantage because they've been there, and they have Giannis.

TD 21
04-17-2022, 06:31 PM
I'm not 100% sold on Golden State... they've been up and down, and I feel they're going to lose an important player to injuries at some point in the playoffs. I like the Suns from the West, and the East is going to be tough between Milwaukee, Boston and Miami, but I'll give the Bucks the advantage because they've been there, and they have Giannis.

Can't predict injuries though and Poole's emergence as a secondary off the dribble scorer has been huge for them. They needed it with Curry in MVP form and they'll need it even more as he continues his descent from it.

Ariel
04-17-2022, 06:35 PM
Can't predict injuries though and Poole's emergence as a secondary off the dribble scorer has been huge for them. They needed it with Curry in MVP form and they'll need it even more as he continues his descent from it.
You can't know for certain but you can draw conclusions from past events and, if they're any indication, the likelihood of them staying healthy for all playoffs doesn't seem too high IMO. And Poole or not, they're not winning anything unless Curry is 100% and Klay is at least at his current form. Hope that's the case, I wouldn't bet on it.

TD 21
04-17-2022, 06:40 PM
You can't know for certain but you can draw conclusions from past events and, if they're any indication, the likelihood of them staying healthy for all playoffs doesn't seem too high IMO. And Poole or not, they're not winning anything unless Curry is 100% and Klay is at least at his current form. Hope that's the case, I wouldn't bet on it.

True. But pre '19 playoffs, past conclusions were that they were historically healthy for 4 years, which meant they were overdue and now they're due the other way.

Their health and the brackets seem to have broken right for them at the very end. They can probably get to the Conference Finals with Curry at less than 100%.

R. DeMurre
04-17-2022, 08:01 PM
The Lakers weren't willing to pay Caruso $10mil a year but were ok with paying Westbrook $40mil...

Robz4000
04-17-2022, 08:02 PM
:lol DeRozan up to his usual choking ways

timtonymanu
04-17-2022, 08:02 PM
DeRozan 6-25

timtonymanu
04-17-2022, 08:03 PM
:lol DeRozan up to his usual choking ways

Honestly can’t believe a few posters wanted to give him another extension

itzsoweezee
04-17-2022, 08:13 PM
Honestly can’t believe a few posters wanted to give him another extension

Idiots on here wanted to give him $20M+ per year

timvp
04-17-2022, 08:13 PM
Ah, yes, Playoff DeRozan. I remember that guy.

SAGirl
04-17-2022, 10:06 PM
This Pelicans game is getting interesting. Also Ayton wow

Rito3d30
04-17-2022, 10:23 PM
CP3 is just on another level

Ice009
04-18-2022, 09:42 AM
The most amazing thing about Ingram is that he's only 24 years old. Seems like he's been in the league for 10 years.

Yeah, definitely, that is why I am impressed. I thought he might become a 20+ ppg scorer when he was a few years older, but he's already done it now and improving a lot from season to season. Not sure if Zion being out helped, but the past two seasons he's taken a big step and he's still young.

SAGirl
04-18-2022, 09:34 PM
Not exactly playoff related but Marcus Smart DPY… I suppose he’s deserving due to Boston’s great D this year and his impact there. Although I feel like that’s been a team effort and focus.

Ariel
04-19-2022, 10:58 PM
Hope the Pelicans pull off one or two games. Would be huge for that franchise. Plus they're sticking it to Zion and I like that :lol

mystargtr34
04-19-2022, 11:18 PM
Booker pulled a hamstring? This game 2 becomes big all of a sudden. If Pels get it tied at 1-1 heading back to NO for 2 games without Booker (potentially) its series on.

MultiTroll
04-19-2022, 11:18 PM
BookerDashian out with hamstring after drilling 31 in the 1st half.
Ouch.

Pels sticking it to the Suns in the 4th.

ZeusWillJudge
04-19-2022, 11:20 PM
BookerDashian out with hamstring after drilling 31 in the 1st half.
Ouch.

Pels sticking it to the Suns in the 4th.

It's their game to lose now.

MultiTroll
04-19-2022, 11:30 PM
Pels should float trade offers for Fat Phuck.

Great 4th by Brandon Ingrahm. I mean good total game but drilling jumpers everytime Phx tried to come back.

Arcadian
04-19-2022, 11:33 PM
Maybe this will be like the Suns version of 2014 round 1. After losing in the Finals the previous year, they take the league by storm, only to struggle with their first round matchup.

timvp
04-19-2022, 11:37 PM
Sonics, Heat, Mavs and Spurs will be off the hook once a 1 seed loses to a 9 or 10 seed, tbh, :lol

ZeusWillJudge
04-19-2022, 11:51 PM
Sonics, Heat, Mavs and Spurs will be off the hook once a 1 seed loses to a 9 or 10 seed, tbh, :lol

:lol I never would have thought of that. But, yeah.

BatManu20
04-19-2022, 11:58 PM
Great game by a young Pelicans team on the road. They’re going to be a tough out for anyone with Ingram and McCollum ballin’ right now, their bigs being productive, and both their Rookies playing well. Losing Booker however is huge for PHX. If he’s not healthy then this is a totally different series. Still have PHX winning in 6 or 7, but it’ll be interesting to see his status the rest of the way.

Robz4000
04-20-2022, 12:00 AM
:lol Dubs getting det injury luck again

R. DeMurre
04-20-2022, 12:04 AM
Incredible to see the Pelicans up on Phoenix in the 4th quarter of a playoff game with Jones, Murphy, and Alvarado-- three rookies!-- all on the floor at the same time.

SAGirl
04-20-2022, 12:04 AM
I watched th Grizzlies game instead, so I am just now learning of this upset but I liked the Pelicans a lot when I watched them and it seems they are peaking at the right time. I recorded that game so I’ll watch it tomorrow. Ingram is balling big time it looks like.

SAGirl
04-20-2022, 12:06 AM
Incredible to see the Pelicans up on Phoenix in the 4th quarter of a playoff game with Jones, Murphy, and Alvarado-- three rookies!-- all on the floor at the same time.
Shhhh don’t tell the spurs homers here. Spurs grab all the can’t miss prospects and steals and are the only ones that know how to draft well or develop….

R. DeMurre
04-20-2022, 12:20 AM
:lol

XDT76
04-20-2022, 12:57 AM
Shhhh don’t tell the spurs homers here. Spurs grab all the can’t miss prospects and steals and are the only ones that know how to draft well or develop….

Since 2016, Spurs can only draft and develop SG/combo guards. DjM, DW, LW, KJ, DV and JP all are SG/combo guards when in college. All those 3 does not play SG/Combo guards, we probably draft another 3 SG/Combo guards this year to play as PF and other position of needs.

spurs1990
04-20-2022, 12:57 AM
Bobcats pulled off this win granted Booker was injured. Maybe San Antonio wouldn’t have been swept had they taken out the bobcats and clippers

daslicer
04-20-2022, 01:02 AM
:lol Dubs getting det injury luck again

Agreed it really sucks. I hate the Warriors. I'm for anybody to win it all besides them.

daslicer
04-20-2022, 01:03 AM
Since 2016, Spurs can only draft and develop SG/combo guards. DjM, DW, LW, DJ, DV and JP all are SG/combo guards when in college. All those 3 does not play SG/Combo guards, we probably draft another 3 SG/Combo guards this year to play as PF and other position of needs.

I laughed the other day telling my younger brother the Spurs will probably blow their lottery pick on some 6'3 guard and waste the two other picks on two undersized players which will be a 6'6 PF and a 6'6 SF.

Dex
04-20-2022, 08:26 AM
Bobcats pulled off this win granted Booker was injured. Maybe San Antonio wouldn’t have been swept had they taken out the bobcats and clippers

Man, Suns lost at home to a team that doesn't even exist anymore :lmao

KingKev
04-20-2022, 08:57 AM
Enjoying the playoffs so far but also a reminder of just how far we are from being competitive. The NBA is loaded with talent. We simply are not.

rjv
04-20-2022, 11:03 AM
Enjoying the playoffs so far but also a reminder of just how far we are from being competitive. The NBA is loaded with talent. We simply are not.

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/61691986.jpg

Spurs Homer
04-20-2022, 11:10 AM
Fuck.

after watching raymond green mug joker at will over and over…
and get away with it

while joker was getting called for touch fouls

i was not happy to hear another suns player getting injured…

i was sure chris paul would be injured (and he probably still will get injured)
but now their star scorer is out

warriors and brooklyn i guess

fml

TD 21
04-20-2022, 05:34 PM

There's no one on this team especially talented and given how surprisingly open they were to trading White, Vassell over Haliburton and to a lesser extent Maxey (more so hindsight) was inexplicable.

To illustrate the gap: The Pelicans sans Williamson are merely decent, yet they still have the two most and arguably three most talented offensive players between the two teams. Sure, Murray is higher impact than all of them, but still.

KingKev
04-20-2022, 05:52 PM
https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/61691986.jpg

It doesn’t appear obvious to most here.

R. DeMurre
04-20-2022, 06:15 PM
To illustrate the gap: The Pelicans sans Williamson are merely decent, yet they still have the two most and arguably three most talented offensive players between the two teams. Sure, Murray is higher impact than all of them, but still.

Their young players are set up so much better positionally too at this point. Trey Murphy is 6'9" with a 7' wingspan and able to play 3 positions, and Herb Jones is 6'7.25" with a 7' wingspan, a perfect height & length for a perimeter defender who can also switch onto bigger players. Compare that to KJ at 6'6" with a 6'9" wingspan and Primo at 6'5" with a 6'9' wingspan. Ingram is close to 6'10" with a 7'3' wingspan. The Pelicans have more length at SG & SF than the Spurs do at PF, and that's not even including their potentially best player Zion, who is considered their undersized guy with his 6'10" wingspan.

KingKev
04-20-2022, 06:50 PM
Their young players are set up so much better positionally too at this point. Trey Murphy is 6'9" with a 7' wingspan and able to play 3 positions, and Herb Jones is 6'7.25" with a 7' wingspan, a perfect height & length for a perimeter defender who can also switch onto bigger players. Compare that to KJ at 6'6" with a 6'9" wingspan and Primo at 6'5" with a 6'9' wingspan. Ingram is close to 6'10" with a 7'3' wingspan. The Pelicans have more length at SG & SF than the Spurs do at PF, and that's not even including their potentially best player Zion, who is considered their undersized guy with his 6'10" wingspan.

What it is it like the 4th year of playing guys out of position due to poor roster construction? This isn’t exactly a case of luck, we have shit the bed in building a team since the day Leonard asked out.

emanueldavidginobili
04-20-2022, 07:23 PM
What pick up by the Nets, Dragic has been killing it. Crazy he turns 36 next week time flies, feels like the other day when he raped the Spurs in the 4th quarter in the playoffs.

mystargtr34
04-20-2022, 07:28 PM
Watching Dragic go off and drop the ball in the hoop like he’s throwing it in the ocean is definitely reminding me of 2010 against the Spurs haha. Was thinking that during the last 5 minutes of the second period.

MultiTroll
04-20-2022, 08:23 PM
Durbeta getting his ish pushed in.
Turnover, next gets his shot blocked.
Boston on a 10-0 run before a greasy 3 bouncer just fell for Flat Earther.
99-94 Boston taking their lunch away the last 3 minutes.

spurs1990
04-20-2022, 08:44 PM
Inexcusable choke job by New Jersey. Irving total no show

KingKev
04-20-2022, 08:45 PM
D White having another stellar showing.

SAGirl
04-20-2022, 08:48 PM
Boston showing they weren’t a fluke. Next game is must win for Brooklyn though that team doesn’t have quality defenders and that’s a problem.

KingKev
04-20-2022, 09:19 PM
It sure is enjoyable watching the Diva era of NBA come to an end. The likes of Lebron, KD, Harden, Melo, Kawhi, Howard, Russ etc slowly becoming irrelevant. Curry/CP3 basically the only ones with longevity.

John B
04-20-2022, 09:33 PM
It sure is enjoyable watching the Diva era of NBA come to an end. The likes of Lebron, KD, Harden, Melo, Kawhi, Howard, Russ etc slowly becoming irrelevant. Curry/CP3 basically the only ones with longevity.

Booker is likely to miss Games 3 and 4. So CP3 could be gone too :lol

BackHome
04-20-2022, 09:34 PM
Damn it looks like it's a good chance that Celtics are going to get a ring - If that happens that is crazy every Spur traded ends up with a ring

KingKev
04-20-2022, 09:38 PM
Damn it looks like it's a good chance that Celtics are going to get a ring - If that happens that is crazy every Spur traded ends up with a ring

We are 3 games into the first round and the playoffs are wide open.

emanueldavidginobili
04-20-2022, 09:42 PM
Derrick White has been invisible so far in the playoffs.

Seventyniner
04-20-2022, 09:51 PM
Thanks for the pick, Toronto. Maybe you can take one game off the Sixers, maybe not.

Joseph Kony
04-20-2022, 10:03 PM
:lol Raps giving us their first round pick for the honor of getting their shit pushed in by Philly

KingKev
04-20-2022, 10:03 PM
Sixers (Embiid) was always a tough matchup for the Raps. Thad not quite the game changer many thought. Sorry not sorry Massai.

spurs1990
04-20-2022, 10:12 PM
Looks like we buried Derozan prematurely after one game. Good rebound by the Southern Cal legend tonight

timtonymanu
04-20-2022, 10:29 PM
Looks like we buried Derozan prematurely after one game. Good rebound by the Southern Cal legend tonight

I mean his playoff resume always was underwhelming, one game does not change that

GAustex
04-20-2022, 10:30 PM
Yep
DDR better tonight.
Let us see what happens at crunch time
Chi needs to keep the big lead

ZeusWillJudge
04-20-2022, 10:42 PM
So this is a fun thread, all full of sarcasm and bitterness. :lol

I guess I can't pass on an opportunity. Did you watch the end of that Sixers' game? I can't figure out why anybody would want a big man who can also sneak out and make shots from the arc.

offset formation
04-20-2022, 11:05 PM
Inexcusable choke job by New Jersey. Irving total no show

Couldnt happen to a bigger douche.

mystargtr34
04-20-2022, 11:12 PM
Caruso is so good man. Perfect role player at the 1-2 spot. Can even play the 3. Lakers fucked up letting him go. Real good defender, tough, smart, can shoot, athletic.

GAustex
04-20-2022, 11:17 PM
Levine looks worried as the lead is cut to 3
DDR time?

GAustex
04-20-2022, 11:19 PM
Should have been a foul too
Good for DDR

R. DeMurre
04-20-2022, 11:20 PM
Caruso saved this game in the 4th for the Bulls.

mystargtr34
04-20-2022, 11:21 PM
Lol Giannis with his usual run towards the basket with his elbows out. No bullshit foul call this time.

Robz4000
04-20-2022, 11:22 PM
:wow DeRozan not choking in the postseason

emanueldavidginobili
04-20-2022, 11:22 PM
All three games have been really good tonight.

BatManu20
04-21-2022, 12:12 AM
DeMar with a monster game. 41/7/4/2/2 on 50% shooting tonight. Huge performance to steal Game 2 and I think Chicago wins this series now that Middleton is like out for the the series.

Robz4000
04-21-2022, 12:50 AM
DeMar with a monster game. 41/7/4/2/2 on 50% shooting tonight. Huge performance to steal Game 2 and I think Chicago wins this series now that Middleton is like out for the the series.

Nah, wouldn't shock me if the Bucks don't lose another game.

Arcadian
04-21-2022, 01:54 AM
Fuck.

after watching raymond green mug joker at will over and over…
and get away with it

while joker was getting called for touch fouls

i was not happy to hear another suns player getting injured…

i was sure chris paul would be injured (and he probably still will get injured)
but now their star scorer is out

warriors and brooklyn i guess

fml

You mean Boston? Brooklyn isn't getting out of round 1.

mystargtr34
04-21-2022, 02:04 AM

Damn, depends on severity of the sprain but those are usually a few weeks minimum.

SAGirl
04-21-2022, 09:38 AM
Caruso is so good man. Perfect role player at the 1-2 spot. Can even play the 3. Lakers fucked up letting him go. Real good defender, tough, smart, can shoot, athletic.
I watched the game from mid 3rd Q and it was Caruso and Demar that won it. Vucevic was terrible, lack of hustle and no effort with rim protection. I realize his shooting stats looked good but he was nowhere to be found when it mattered. He has no fight in him. Lavine was invisible at the end of the game.

The game was won by Caruso and Demar. Have to give credit where it’s due.

BatManu20
04-21-2022, 11:31 AM

No way man. Middleton is extremely important to their success. They’ll at least split their next 2 home games but I think they win both without him. Milwaukee really struggles to score with him out cause teams pack the paint against Giannis and force other players to beat them. They should be up 2-0 in this series already. DeMar, LaVine, & Vucevic all had a l terrible Game 1 and they still almost won on the road.

Ariel
04-21-2022, 11:43 AM
Chicago is irrelevant. Without Middleton the Bucks don't repeat and that's what matters, not whether they make the second round.

JPB
04-21-2022, 01:54 PM
I watched the game from mid 3rd Q and it was Caruso and Demar that won it. Vucevic was terrible, lack of hustle and no effort with rim protection. I realize his shooting stats looked good but he was nowhere to be found when it mattered. He has no fight in him. Lavine was invisible at the end of the game.

And still, some virtual GMs would give second banana Lavine spurs max, just because det star power.

Spurs Homer
04-21-2022, 02:42 PM
You mean Boston? Brooklyn isn't getting out of round 1.

i see that series going 6-7 games and i see durant getting coddled by refs in brooklyn

i wouldnt mind the celtics winning-

But i wont be surprised if the nets win all their home games and then game 7 becomes a toss up

TDomination
04-21-2022, 03:04 PM
i see that series going 6-7 games and i see durant getting coddled by refs in brooklyn

But i wont be surprised if the nets win all their home games and then game 7 becomes a toss up

what happened with Lamarcus? 0 minutes from him in games 1 and 2. is he done for good?

also dwhite had 27 minutes in game 1 but only 13 in game 2. Boston only playing 8 players in both games.

ZeusWillJudge
04-21-2022, 03:05 PM
And still, some virtual GMs would give second banana Lavine spurs max, just because det star power.

Man, you are so right. I mean, it couldn't be that over a 4 year span, he's averaged 25+ PPG, 4.7 RB, 4.5 AST, all while shooting around .385 from the 3P line on big volume AND getting over 7.5 trips to the FT line. I mean, it couldn't be any of that, so it must be "det star power".

Or maybe you just don't like him 'cause he's bleck? :lol

When Lavine was inactive this season, I think they only beat teams like Houston and OKC, and lost to all the good teams they played. Chicago is a playoff team, unlike the Spurs, and they were much better when he played. He's a better player, currently at least, than anyone on the Spurs' roster. But the moment the Spurs start hiring talent based on any of the "virtual GM's" here on ST, feel free to let your anger show again.

TD 21
04-21-2022, 04:19 PM

The Celtics have become the standard for how to build a team defensively. Bereft a small guard whose a superstar/star and not overly loaded with length/athleticism, they're instead loaded with players who are just good enough across the physical tools spectrum (height/strength being the others) that they have no weak spot in their top 7.

Contrast that with the Spurs, who in addition to lacking length, are loading up on players who lack the strength to excel defending on ball/switch.

SAGirl
04-21-2022, 04:45 PM
I haven’t watched Chicago at all this season before this game so I am lacking context of how they played all year.

Demar was the one taking most shots, and the one with the ball in his hands. I wonder if they are just using Lavine to space the floor for Demar, or if Lavine defers, or if it’s caused by roster construction, since once you have Demar, to play him off the ball is the worst possible use for him.

Lavine didn’t get enough shots, and didn’t do much at all on defense. The hustle man, and really smart player was Caruso and the aggressive offensive player was Demar. If I hadn’t known Lavine previously I would have thought he was just a roleplayer and nothing special. Maybe the coach isn’t maximizing what his roster can do. At any rate, I can’t say much about it without some context. Chicago looked like Derozan’s team, I can tell you that.

TD 21
04-21-2022, 05:09 PM
^ Every team DeRozan is on looks like that because he's useless off ball, so the true best player (Lowry, '19 Aldridge, LaVine) inevitably ends up having to space the floor for him. LaVine's knee(s) also aren't 100%.

KingKev
04-21-2022, 06:08 PM
Man, you are so right. I mean, it couldn't be that over a 4 year span, he's averaged 25+ PPG, 4.7 RB, 4.5 AST, all while shooting around .385 from the 3P line on big volume AND getting over 7.5 trips to the FT line. I mean, it couldn't be any of that, so it must be "det star power".

Or maybe you just don't like him 'cause he's bleck? :lol

When Lavine was inactive this season, I think they only beat teams like Houston and OKC, and lost to all the good teams they played. Chicago is a playoff team, unlike the Spurs, and they were much better when he played. He's a better player, currently at least, than anyone on the Spurs' roster. But the moment the Spurs start hiring talent based on any of the "virtual GM's" here on ST, feel free to let your anger show again.

everyone like this!

mystargtr34
04-21-2022, 06:18 PM

Vucevic really annoys me as well. He has no fight is a good way to put it. Always been an empty calories guy. I always wonder how a 7 foot guy can be so pitiful and embarrassing T defending the rim. Wouldn’t want that guy anywhere near my team.

SAGirl
04-21-2022, 07:16 PM
Grizzlies looking awful on the road, hard to watch tbh.

Robz4000
04-21-2022, 07:40 PM
:lmao T'Pups

itzsoweezee
04-21-2022, 08:58 PM
Quin Synder still has no plan for getting the jazz three point attempts. The went from leading the league to getting tripled up by the mavs. I hope the pop successor rumor is just bs.

Robz4000
04-21-2022, 09:03 PM
Just end the Grizz/T'Pups series now. Minny doesn't deserve to play another game.

Ariel
04-21-2022, 09:04 PM
Epic choke job by the T-wolves. Hard to watch.

Robz4000
04-21-2022, 09:10 PM
Epic choke job by the T-wolves. Hard to watch.

:lol I was yelling at the tv watching it; haven't done that since the 2019 playoffs. Crazy how stupid the entire team is.

itzsoweezee
04-21-2022, 09:20 PM
Stick a fork in the jazz. That team is completely checked out.

timtonymanu
04-21-2022, 09:21 PM
Fuck the TPups and fuck Patrick Beverley and his fans that defend his shitty behavior on the court

SAGirl
04-21-2022, 09:26 PM
Wow Wolves what a meltdown. That was tough to watch at times ugly basketball. Did not think Grizzlies were going to win yet here we are wow.

GAustex
04-21-2022, 09:31 PM
Wolves disgusting selfish play at the end of the Spurs game was an indication of a weak minded team.
Not surprising that a melt down is possible

BackHome
04-21-2022, 09:32 PM
Wow the Grizz coming back from way down incredible game for them

SAGirl
04-21-2022, 09:46 PM
Wow the Grizz coming back from way down incredible game for them
They fought hard, struggled to score in stretches. Had foul trouble for a good chunk of the game. Honestly ugly game. Referees were bad too. I knew if it were a Pop game, he would have sat them down when the Wolves lead got to 26 and it wasn’t just the scoreboard, they looked out of sorts. This coach let them play, specially Morant. It seemed questionable to me since I am used to Pop throwing the towel in games that looked that bad.

Ugly basketball but they battled back. Almost an unbelievable come back. Wolves meltdown made it possible, a different team buries them.

R. DeMurre
04-21-2022, 09:48 PM
Poor Jokic... the Warriors probably have the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th best players in this series.

spurs10
04-21-2022, 09:51 PM
They fought hard, struggled to score in stretches. Had foul trouble for a good chunk of the game. Honestly ugly game. Referees were bad too. I knew if it were a Pop game, he would have sat them down when the Wolves lead got to 26 and it wasn’t just the scoreboard, they looked out of sorts. This coach let them play, specially Morant. It seemed questionable to me since I am used to Pop throwing the towel in games that looked that bad.

Ugly basketball but they battled back. Almost an unbelievable come back. Wolves meltdown made it possible, a different team buries them. Yeah this was unreal!

R. DeMurre
04-21-2022, 09:51 PM
The Warriors are bringing Steph Curry off the bench. The Nuggets are bringing Bryn Forbes off the bench.

SAGirl
04-21-2022, 09:55 PM
Poor Jokic... the Warriors probably have the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th best players in this series.
I feel the same. As much as I like Jokic he doesn’t have his horses for this race.

SAGirl
04-21-2022, 09:57 PM
I haven’t watched even a second of that Dallas/Utah series but what’s going on there? I expected Utah to come out ahead without Doncic. This is the real upset of the first round to me.

Ariel
04-21-2022, 09:57 PM
I feel the same. As much as I like Jokic he doesn’t have his horses for this race.
The race he's got his horses for is the MVP one. If he took THAT team to the 6th seed, it's a testament to his value.

SAGirl
04-21-2022, 10:06 PM
The race he's got his horses for is the MVP one. If he took THAT team to the 6th seed, it's a testament to his value.
Playoffs definitely expose all team’s weaknesses and this roster is missing firepower that would make them better.

tbdog
04-21-2022, 10:14 PM
Jazz losing to lukaless mavs could be the end to him. Are the stars aligning for Snyder and the spurs?

spurs1990
04-21-2022, 10:42 PM
How’s Dallas pulling these playoff wins with the likes of Brunson, Dinwiddie, Finley smith, Kleber, and Bertrans. None are close to all-star caliber and as a group shouldn’t be better than San Antonio’s roster

itzsoweezee
04-21-2022, 10:44 PM
Jazz losing to lukaless mavs could be the end to him. Are the stars aligning for Snyder and the spurs?

Hope not. He’s been terrible.

GAustex
04-21-2022, 10:47 PM
How’s Dallas pulling these playoff wins with the likes of Brunson, Dinwiddie, Finley smith, Kleber, and Bertrans. None are close to all-star caliber and as a group shouldn’t be better than San Antonio’s roster
Brunson alone is smarter than the whole Spurs team put together. Dinwiddie knows how to play too.

itzsoweezee
04-21-2022, 10:47 PM
I haven’t watched even a second of that Dallas/Utah series but what’s going on there? I expected Utah to come out ahead without Doncic. This is the real upset of the first round to me.

It’s the exact same thing as the clippers series last year, except insert Brunson for Terrance Mann.

R. DeMurre
04-21-2022, 10:50 PM

I was fooling around on Stat Muse earlier today, after spending a little while looking at scouting things on the draft, and I thought it would be interesting to see who does the most helpful collections of things on the court to help his team, outside of just ppg... The player who leads the NBA in steals + blocks + assists + rebounds + 3PM? It's Jokic by a mile. Dejounte is 3rd, after Doncic.

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask?q=what+player+leads+in+steals+%2B+blocks+%2B+a ssists+%2B+3pm+%2B+rebounds+in+2022

poopbox
04-21-2022, 11:06 PM
No matter how bad Utah plays...Snyder won't play Rudy Gay :lol

No matter how many double and triple teams Durant sees he won't pass it to Patty Mills :lol

No matter how bad the nets play Nash won't put LMA in the game :lol

3 veterans who were getting major minutes for us can't even get on the floor for real nba teams trying to win playoff games :lol

Mr. Body
04-21-2022, 11:09 PM
Lol at the Pups.

That jagoff game against us where Edwards was launching shots trying to get to 50... a decent coach would have cut that shit out. Clear their pipsqueak coach has no control over these guys. Then those douchebags celebrated winning the play-in like the Cubs winning the World Series. Not just a bunch of losers, Patrick Beverly is just awful. Lovely to see them crater.

offset formation
04-21-2022, 11:17 PM

No matter how many double and triple teams Durant sees he won't pass it to Patty Mills :lol

3 veterans who were getting major minutes for us can't even get on the floor for real nba teams trying to win playoff games :lol

They still signed them. And in the case of Rudy, to a cumbersome multi-year deal still worth many millions.

LMA is hurt and clearly over the hill. Patty is a defensive liability. But both still have positive minutes they could be contributing. LMA always played well against the Celtics

SpurSpike
04-21-2022, 11:58 PM

Not a great argument, both those teams are losing in the 1st round...Maybe they should get minutes?

baseline bum
04-22-2022, 12:14 AM
So Mitchell has four years left on his deal after this season, but he's forcing his way out this summer right?

BatManu20
04-22-2022, 12:15 AM
Legit depressing watching Jokic try and drag these Denver scrubs to a win. That supporting cast is legit awful.

baseline bum
04-22-2022, 12:20 AM
Legit depressing watching Jokic try and drag these Denver scrubs to a win. That supporting cast is legit awful.

How about Jeff Green's monster four point performance starting tonight? How the fuck does that scrub keep getting NBA jobs? Fifteen years of being a scrub piece of shit. And then Coc's boy coming off the bench? What a clusterfuck of a roster.

BatManu20
04-22-2022, 12:21 AM
Jokic is an UFA next Summer. They get Jamal Murray back next year of course, which will change things. But Denver gave MPJ, a guy who can’t stay healthy, way too much money last summer and now they’re capped out in terms of bringing in another good player to help.

It’s a long shot obviously, but damn it’d be amazing if he turned down Denver’s Super-Max offer this Summer and wanted out after next year. We’re one of the few teams that can offer him a Max that actually has another All-Star caliber player on the roster. Pipe dream for sure. But a fun one.

mystargtr34
04-22-2022, 12:26 AM
Holy shit Denver is paying Murray, MPJ and Gordon $84 million next season, $90 million in 23-24, $96 million in 24-25.

Gordon is a playoff shrinker with no real skills, MPJ will never play more than 50 games a season and is likely to miss every other playoffs, Jamal Murray is coming off an ACL tear.

Not sure where Jokic loyalty is at but damn if I were him I’d be looking for a new team after next season when his contract is up.

XDT76
04-22-2022, 12:39 AM
Holy shit Denver is paying Murray, MPJ and Gordon $84 million next season, $90 million in 23-24, $96 million in 24-25.

Gordon is a playoff shrinker with no real skills, MPJ will never play more than 50 games a season and is likely to miss every other playoffs, Jamal Murray is coming off an ACL tear.

Not sure where Jokic loyalty is at but damn if I were him I’d be looking for a new team after next season when his contract is up.

We can try to offer Jak, McD and 3 FRP in this year draft for him.

BatManu20
04-22-2022, 01:54 AM

Yep. That’s what I’m sayin. It’s already been reported that he’s going to accept the Super-Max this off-season which will make him the highest paid player in league history. And I think he still does. But basketball-wise, tying yourself in your prime time that roster for the next 5 years seems like a disaster waiting to happen. He can always ask for a trade a couple years into that contract obviously, but that creates another shit storm. If I were him, I’d hold off on signing that offer (it’s not going anywhere) and I’d be seriously looking at my options next summer.

Robz4000
04-22-2022, 03:02 AM
Yep. That’s what I’m sayin. It’s already been reported that he’s going to accept the Super-Max this off-season which will make him the highest paid player in league history. And I think he still does. But basketball-wise, tying yourself in your prime time that roster for the next 5 years seems like a disaster waiting to happen. He can always ask for a trade a couple years into that contract obviously, but that creates another shit storm. If I were him, I’d hold off on signing that offer (it’s not going anywhere) and I’d be seriously looking at my options next summer.

Nah, he'd be stupid to turn down that bag tbh. Never know when a career-ending injury can happen.

BatManu20
04-22-2022, 03:24 AM
Nah, he'd be stupid to turn down that bag tbh. Never know when a career-ending injury can happen.

He won’t turn it down. But he could break his leg in half next season and they’d still offer it to him tbh. They don’t really have a choice. He the greatest player in franchise history who’s in the middle of his prime. They fall off a cliff back into irrelevancy if they don’t, whether he’s 100% healthy or not. But he’ll re-sign this summer so whatev.

SAGirl
04-22-2022, 07:14 AM
Yes, he’s signing back with Denver. Consider the Giannis season where he ended up signing his extension. There were rumors he’d look at other teams but he signed his extension then won a championship. Denver is simply injured atm, he will see that and sign his deal.

Seventyniner
04-22-2022, 09:38 AM
Jamaal Murray will be fine, and he is almost worth his contract.

That money for MPJ and Gordon is a killer though.

rjv
04-22-2022, 09:50 AM

Ugly basketball but they battled back. Almost an unbelievable come back. Wolves meltdown made it possible, a different team buries them.

We just celebrated the anniversary of the comeback against the Suns in 2008 (Timmy hitting the three to tie in OT and Manu hitting the game winning shot). There have been several playoff games in which the spurs looked awful and pop did not throw in the towel. he might do this consistently in the regular season but he rarely does this in the playoffs. The GS comeback in 2013, Memorial Day Miracle, the comeback against the Clippers, the comeback against the Mavs (hat we still lost). We looked bad in all of those of these games and were down -20 but still came back; Pop may have changed line-ups but he never threw in the towel. The one exception I can think of is the OKC game 4 in 2014).

SAGirl
04-22-2022, 10:40 AM
No need to get triggered. ^

All of those were from a Pop I never knew. The Pop I have known since 2014 would have absolutely sat down the guys and seen what he had in the bench to help against that matchup. I just saw the reverse approach work out well.

However, I hope you are commenting after watching that game. It wasn’t just the scoreboard, the Grizzlies looked terrible for a big chunk of the game. I also was concerned Morant was going to injure himself because he wasn’t getting fouls called in the first half and he started pressing and forcing more drives to pressure the referees. He got hit pretty bad and had a few bad falls, all the while things looked pretty hopeless. It was a truly ugly game from the Grizzlies. Minnesota was just worse.

exstatic
04-22-2022, 10:45 AM

It was stupid to draft Porter and then double down by throwing him the big bag. Murray was just bad luck, but everyone and their mother saw MPJ’s situation coming a mile away.

rjv
04-22-2022, 10:55 AM
No need to get triggered. ^

All of those were from a Pop I never knew. The Pop I have known since 2014 would have absolutely sat down the guys and seen what he had in the bench to help against that matchup. I just saw the reverse approach work out well.

However, I hope you are commenting after watching that game. It wasn’t just the scoreboard, the Grizzlies looked terrible for a big chunk of the game. I also was concerned Morant was going to injure himself because he wasn’t getting fouls called in the first half and he started pressing and forcing more drives to pressure the referees. He got hit pretty bad and had a few bad falls, all the while things looked pretty hopeless. It was a truly ugly game from the Grizzlies. Minnesota was just worse.

when someone corrects you that doesn't mean you triggered them. if you want to do more than just make up crap, you can give me specific examples of when Pop has actually done this-as opposed to just driving your narratives with lethargic and vacuous anecdotes. just in the last two play-ins, the spurs were getting blown out and pop never took out any player. he even consistently comments on how this team never quits. As to the post 2014 Spurs playoff history, the team was blown out in a couple of series but most of the series were competitive in which pop never had the option to consider pulling out the players.

Yes, I saw the game. Memphis was flustered. It looked like a game in which two young teams were experiencing growing pains. Pop rarely had such teams. He had veterans. If he pulled players from time to time during regular season games, it was to make a statement. It is highly unlikely that he would have done that to such a young team as Memphis. This is where teams learn and gain experience and Memphis did just that. Even the Wolves gained some valuable experience. This is also why you want your teams to make the playoffs and not tank, btw.

SAGirl
04-22-2022, 11:04 AM
when someone corrects you that doesn't mean you triggered them. if you want to do more than just make up crap, you can give me specific examples of when Pop has actually done this-as opposed to just driving your narratives with lethargic and vacuous anecdotes. just in the last two play-ins, the spurs were getting blown out and pop never took out any player. he even consistently comments on how this team never quits. As to the post 2014 Spurs playoff history, the team was blown out in a couple of series but most of the series were competitive in which pop never had the option to consider pulling out the players.

Yes, I saw the game. Memphis was flustered. It looked like a game in which two young teams were experiencing growing pains. Pop rarely had such teams. He had veterans. If he pulled players from time to time during regular season games, it was to make a statement. It is highly unlikely that he would have done that to such a young team as Memphis. This is where teams learn and gain experience and Memphis did just that. Even the Wolves gained some valuable experience. This is also why you want your teams to make the playoffs and not tank, btw.
Lol well that is getting triggered, when you get personal.

I don’t have to look for examples bc I have memory of having seen it plenty in the regular season when they were a good team and a few times in the playoffs (2014 OKC series comes to mind, very few examples would be had with the mediocre and poor teams they have had lately. It’s no secret I didn’t care for the Derozan Spurs.) I thought leaving the regular rotation playing through a blowout with Morant throwing himself at defenders didn’t seem wise to me. Pop would have for sure sat him down.

SAGirl
04-22-2022, 11:46 AM
I haven’t paid attention to the Dallas/Utah series but the media already expects Utah to break things up.

rjv
04-22-2022, 02:00 PM
Lol well that is getting triggered, when you get personal.

I don’t have to look for examples bc I have memory of having seen it plenty in the regular season when they were a good team and a few times in the playoffs (2014 OKC series comes to mind, very few examples would be had with the mediocre and poor teams they have had lately. It’s no secret I didn’t care for the Derozan Spurs.) I thought leaving the regular rotation playing through a blowout with Morant throwing himself at defenders didn’t seem wise to me. Pop would have for sure sat him down.

technically, telling someone they got triggered is personal so . . . And the comparison of regular season to playoffs is a poor one (sorry if that sounds personal). It's possible Pop would have sat Morant because he did so with Tony often in the early years of TP's career (in playoff games) but he most certainly would not have "thrown in the towel."

SAGirl
04-22-2022, 02:08 PM
technically, telling someone they got triggered is personal so . . . And the comparison of regular season to playoffs is a poor one (sorry if that sounds personal). It's possible Pop would have sat Morant because he did so with Tony often in the early years of TP's career (in playoff games) but he most certainly would not have "thrown in the towel."
Ok I am going to respond with respect, bc I have no interest whatsoever in aggravating myself or anyone else.

I gave my impression based on me watching the Spurs attentively from 2014 to 2018 and on and off since then. It’s how hopelessly ugly that game looked, and how bad they played almost to the last 7 minutes of the 4th. You giving me your impression and your opinion is valuable but you aren’t correcting anything, you simply disagreed.

R. DeMurre
04-22-2022, 02:30 PM
I already love this playoff season, and I can't remember a year when there was more drama looming in terms of players that might return from injury-- there's Doncic, Booker, Zion, Simmons, Robert Williams, Middleton...

How dramatic would a game 7 be between the Suns & Pelicans with Booker & Zion each coming off the bench??

JPB
04-22-2022, 02:37 PM

Makes me think that offering the max to guys like Lavine isn't reasonable.

Big Empty
04-22-2022, 07:42 PM
Thank Jesus we didnt land Collins this past offseason. He sucks bad

Mr. Body
04-22-2022, 08:05 PM
Thank Jesus we didnt land Collins this past offseason. He sucks bad

One of the dumber ideas this board has been obsessed with, which is saying a lot.

Robz4000
04-22-2022, 09:21 PM
:lmao Butler

Robz4000
04-22-2022, 09:24 PM
Nah, wouldn't shock me if the Bucks don't lose another game.

:wakeup

baseline bum
04-22-2022, 09:37 PM
It was stupid to draft Porter and then double down by throwing him the big bag. Murray was just bad luck, but everyone and their mother saw MPJ’s situation coming a mile away.

Porter was a great gamble at 14 considering most of the rest of the talent was off the board already. Maxing him out when he couldn't get healthy was idiotic.

XDT76
04-22-2022, 09:59 PM
Chicago was awful today

SAGirl
04-22-2022, 10:02 PM
Watching Pelicans vs Suns. J.Hayes with the flagrant 2. What a dumb play, the team will miss him. Also, CP3 doing the rip through move to draw fouls out of double teams still in 2022.

SPURt
04-22-2022, 10:08 PM
Ayton played like David Robinson that first half, crazy

ZeusWillJudge
04-22-2022, 10:37 PM
Ayton played like David Robinson that first half, crazy

And there's a good example of why some people, myself included, would love to see the Spurs get him as a FA. And why the Suns won't let that happen. Their best player down, and he steps up big.

Mr. Body
04-22-2022, 11:12 PM
And there's a good example of why some people, myself included, would love to see the Spurs get him as a FA. And why the Suns won't let that happen. Their best player down, and he steps up big.

They're going to massively overpay him. Picking a straight up Center with the #1 pick seems like trouble at this point. You're locked into this really high salary structure for the least important position on the floor, or if the guy can only do what Ayton does. I'd do it only if I had an Embiid on my hands and he's not Embiid.

Mr. Body
04-22-2022, 11:20 PM
John Collins was unplayable for Atlanta. They had a big 4th quarter without him. Imagine paying $23 million for this guy the next four years. They'll have to attach draft picks just to get rid of him.

GAustex
04-22-2022, 11:23 PM
How long can PointGod Paul keep this up?

ZeusWillJudge
04-22-2022, 11:25 PM

4th quarter was the Chris Paul show, wasn't it?

GAustex
04-22-2022, 11:26 PM
4th quarter was the Chris Paul show, wasn't it?
That hammy fixn to blow

SAGirl
04-22-2022, 11:32 PM
That hammy fixn to blow
He’s just waiting until he meets GSW then he’ll have his injury. Maybe in the second round if Booker doesn’t come back to take a load off him.

MultiTroll
04-23-2022, 12:07 AM
What prompted Hayes shoving Croewder for the ejection?

offset formation
04-23-2022, 12:15 AM

And here I thought he was washed in Houston. He's pretty damn special.

duncan2k5
04-23-2022, 06:34 AM
Typical playoffs DeRozan

CGD
04-23-2022, 07:08 AM
Ayton gonna get paid.

CGD
04-23-2022, 07:10 AM
John Collins was unplayable for Atlanta. They had a big 4th quarter without him. Imagine paying $23 million for this guy the next four years. They'll have to attach draft picks just to get rid of him.

He seems redundant on that team, and has for some time.

KingKev
04-23-2022, 10:30 AM
Injuries piling up… Lowry, Embiid, Middleton, Booker.

poopbox
04-23-2022, 11:40 AM
They're going to massively overpay him. Picking a straight up Center with the #1 pick seems like trouble at this point. You're locked into this really high salary structure for the least important position on the floor, or if the guy can only do what Ayton does. I'd do it only if I had an Embiid on my hands and he's not Embiid.

Embiid gets hurt in the playoffs ever year :rollin

He's got a random ass thumb injury right now :rollin

KingKev
04-23-2022, 03:24 PM
Anyone that still thinks the Sours are the best team in the NBA at scouting, drafting and developing must not pay attention to other teams. Raps lost Kawhi and Lowry for virtually nothing and 2 yrs later ate competitive again.

Jordan Jackson
04-23-2022, 03:34 PM
Anyone that still thinks the Sours are the best team in the NBA at scouting, drafting and developing must not pay attention to other teams. Raps lost Kawhi and Lowry for virtually nothing and 2 yrs later ate competitive again.

Well, the Raptors lost Kawhi and put themselves in a position to get a top 5 pick. Got Scottie Barnes for their troubles.

Spurs lost Kawhi and got DeMar for their troubles….and a bunch of “Play-In” experience. GSG!

R. DeMurre
04-23-2022, 03:50 PM
:lol fans of the Bulls were online saying the series was over after Middleton got hurt... then Giannis is +36 in 29 minutes and Grayson Allens shoots 75% from the field.

KingKev
04-23-2022, 03:52 PM
Well, the Raptors lost Kawhi and put themselves in a position to get a top 5 pick. Got Scottie Barnes for their troubles.

Spurs lost Kawhi and got DeMar for their troubles….and a bunch of “Play-In” experience. GSG!

League wide many teams have pulled very solid draft picks later than we have the last 3-4 years. I’m not sating we are drafting bad just pointing out that drafting and scouting is much less of a competitive advantage for the Spurs these days.

TD 21
04-23-2022, 03:59 PM

The Spurs had a two decade run as a dynasty and the model franchise in North American professional sports that would have continued if not for Scumbag.

The Raptors only true success came courtesy of the Spurs bad luck and now suddenly, though their tainted championship and myriad media connections (once again paying off in Barnes predictably winning ROY), have this false perception about them.

Before a desperate Trail Blazers team made a foolish move (that looks even worse now that they salary dumped Powell a year later) and the Raptors shamelessly tanked and begged their buddies in the league office for a high pick, they were essentially looking at a similar situation to the Spurs.

KingKev
04-23-2022, 04:03 PM
The Spurs had a two decade run as a dynasty and the model franchise in North American professional sports that would have continued if not for Scumbag.

The Raptors only true success came courtesy of the Spurs bad luck and now suddenly, though their tainted championship and myriad media connections (once again paying off in Barnes predictably winning ROY), have this false perception about them.

Before a desperate Trail Blazers team made a foolish move (that looks even worse now that they salary dumped Powell a year later) and the Raptors shamelessly tanked and begged their buddies in the league office for a high pick, they were essentially looking at a similar situation to the Spurs.

OG is better than Keldon and Vassell combined.

TD 21
04-23-2022, 04:15 PM
OG is better than Keldon and Vassell combined.

:lmao Overrated and only inexplicably slipped to them because he tore his ACL. More luck.

Bojo
04-23-2022, 06:25 PM
Gobert just completely dominated the last quarter Mavs@Jazz. Also hit the go-ahead bucket when Mitchell for once actually looked his way and contested Dallas' last shot into a miss. Just saying, he'd look good with a guard that's actually playing with him...

KingKev
04-23-2022, 07:04 PM
Gobert just completely dominated the last quarter Mavs@Jazz. Also hit the go-ahead bucket when Mitchell for once actually looked his way and contested Dallas' last shot into a miss. Just saying, he'd look good with a guard that's actually playing with him...

Jak has better stat lines every other other game. He was getting toasted by Luka on switches and went 9/18 from the line. He makes near 5x Jak. FK NO.

Bojo
04-23-2022, 07:50 PM
Jak has better stat lines every other other game. He was getting toasted by Luka on switches and went 9/18 from the line. He makes near 5x Jak. FK NO.

Stat line, yeah, a valid point against drafting Gobert for my fantasy team lol. Hard to accumulate blocks when the opposing team mostly just avoids going into the paint vs him.
Also, pretty amazing how he was the most impactful player on the court with all the missed FTs and getting toasted by one of the best offensive guards in the league tbh. Haven't seen Poeltl do that in one Playoff/Play-In game so far.

KingKev
04-23-2022, 07:59 PM
Stat line, yeah, a valid point against drafting Gobert for my fantasy team lol. Hard to accumulate blocks when the opposing team mostly just avoids going into the paint vs him.
Also, pretty amazing how he was the most impactful player on the court with all the missed FTs and getting toasted by one of the best offensive guards in the league tbh. Haven't seen Poeltl do that in one Playoff/Play-In game so far.

He wasn’t even the most impactful on his own team. You wan’t to leverage our future on Rudy Gobert? Because once DJ get his raise and Keldon his extension you’ll have 2/3rds of your cap tied up in that trio. YIKES.

lefty20
04-23-2022, 08:46 PM
Holy shit... Udoka got fat.

timtonymanu
04-23-2022, 09:01 PM
:lol Nets

Arcadian
04-23-2022, 09:03 PM

Boston SWEEP incoming

Leetonidas
04-23-2022, 09:06 PM
Lol LMA about to get swept

KingKev
04-23-2022, 09:07 PM

haha BK is so damn easy to root against. Patty getting the fk outta there this off-season.

Gibbz
04-23-2022, 09:09 PM
Curry always was and still is better than Durant. After two absolutely awful games KD comes out in a do-or-die at home and takes 11 shots. Boston straight up broke him in this series.

timtonymanu
04-23-2022, 09:11 PM
:lol Durbeta
:lol can’t ring without the Warriors holding his hand

mystargtr34
04-23-2022, 09:11 PM
Something is just off about Brooklyn. The vibe lol. Doesn’t look like the players respect Nash as a coach. Love the way when he calls a timeout after the other team goes on a run and then as the players are walking towards the bench he comes out clapping in their faces trying to encourage them like they’re an under 12s squad.

Kyrie is still a cancer but still a net positive due to his skills. If they get Harris and Simmons healthy next season and get a decent centre of re-sign Drummond they have a strong team. But last 3 years of Durants prime has been wasted.

I wonder if Kyrie opts out this off season and signs a long term deal elsewhere. He’s due $36 million next year. Plenty of teams would give him a 4 year max tbh.

KingKev
04-23-2022, 09:16 PM
Something is just off about Brooklyn. The vibe lol. Doesn’t look like the players respect Nash as a coach. Love the way when he calls a timeout after the other team goes on a run and then as the players are walking towards the bench he comes out clapping in their faces trying to encourage them like they’re an under 12s squad.

Kyrie is still a cancer but still a net positive due to his skills. If they get Harris and Simmons healthy next season and get a decent centre of re-sign Drummond they have a strong team. But last 3 years of Durants prime has been wasted.

I wonder if Kyrie opts out this off season and signs a long term deal elsewhere. He’s due $36 million next year. Plenty of teams would give him a 4 year max tbh.

I’d argue few teams are lining up to pay Kyrie. It’d also likely have to be a sign and trade. Imagine giving up assets AND paying him? He’s proven he can’t be trusted no matter how good.

timtonymanu
04-23-2022, 09:19 PM

Poor guy will never get that feeling of winning a title

SAGirl
04-23-2022, 09:21 PM
Kyrie has said he’s s staying with the nets. That team needs young hustle players, not Patty and LMA… but I am not a fan of theirs so I don’t care.

Robz4000
04-23-2022, 09:32 PM
I’d argue few teams are lining up to pay Kyrie. It’d also likely have to be a sign and trade. Imagine giving up assets AND paying him? He’s proven he can’t be trusted no matter how good.

This tbh.

Spurs Homer
04-23-2022, 09:55 PM
Boston SWEEP incoming

yup

i was sure durant was gonna get every call and shoot 50 free throws

good for the celtics

Strategic
04-23-2022, 10:33 PM
Built super teams lakers, clippers gone and nets on the way out. �� ����

GAustex
04-23-2022, 10:51 PM
Them folks be protesting agin Wolves owner.
I do like them spicy chicken wings tho.

SAGirl
04-24-2022, 12:04 AM
It does seem like the whistle went very much in favor of the Wolves this game.

TDMVPDPOY
04-24-2022, 01:47 AM
man memphis collapse last 2 games, once again dunno andersons purpose on that team...always a step late on defense especially the switch

PhantomDashCam
04-24-2022, 01:52 AM

Dex
04-24-2022, 08:44 AM
It's almost as if building your team around two superstars who are known to disappear from time to time is a bad formula for success...especially when they haven't played together for 80% of the season.

You can definitely see the rust between the two. Many of Durant's turnovers are just trying to get the ball to Kyrie but...surprise surprise, he isn't used to doing that.

Simmons will help them, but they really need a coach who has a better gameplan than "give the ball to KD or Kyrie and get the hell out of the way"

SAGirl
04-24-2022, 09:05 AM

Its interesting he calls them arrogant…

Sugus
04-24-2022, 01:31 PM

:lol that sounds pretty much like a given Poeltl outing, tbh, with the missed FTs to boot. He hasn't gotten too many chances at it due to no playoffs and only two play-in games, and he was arguably the most impactful Spurs player for the latter one.

My "Poeltl is 80% of Gobert at 30% the price" take keeps aging like fine wine...

Gibbz
04-24-2022, 01:45 PM
I don't get why DeMar is consistently so awful in the postseason. He had a season-low of 11 in game 3 and now has 9 late third in game 4. Dude averaged almost 30 PPG.

Leetonidas
04-24-2022, 02:11 PM
Bulls getting blown out at home (again), Demar with 15 points on 5/14 shooting and a team worst -25 :lmao

getting curbstomped by Grayson Allen :lmao

Dverde
04-24-2022, 02:19 PM
DDR is -28 on a must win game. Like the guy, but he can’t be your 1 or 2 top player.

R. DeMurre
04-24-2022, 02:28 PM
The pre-season betting favorites to win a championship were Brooklyn and the Lakers. Crazy to see how fortunes can change in one season.

timtonymanu
04-24-2022, 02:56 PM
The pre-season betting favorites to win a championship were Brooklyn and the Lakers. Crazy to see how fortunes can change in one season.

I'm hoping the days of every team former Super Teams is beginning to fade. So tired of that shitty formula.

TD 21
04-24-2022, 04:12 PM
The downfall of the "super teams" has been the lack of picks and financial flexibility have rendered most of them (save the Clippers) severely short on two-way, prime or young role players, especially wings/forwards. The Lakers don't have one. The Nets only have one (Brown, whose undersized). Even the Bucks don't have one.

Meanwhile, you look at the Celtics and Warriors, looking like the most likely Finals and they have those pieces because they didn't blow their load on another star.

Spurs Homer
04-24-2022, 04:35 PM

Its interesting he calls them arrogant…

ah hell

he aint seen NOTHING yet!

wait til he plays the warrior-refs!

:lmao:lmao:lmao

timtonymanu
04-24-2022, 05:23 PM
Steve Kerr vs Ime Udoka. Can you imagine that? Both Spurs/Blazers alumni

Strategic
04-24-2022, 05:27 PM
Denver falling apart

tonight...you
04-24-2022, 05:27 PM
Steve Kerr vs Ime Udoka. Can you imagine that? Both Spurs/Blazers alumni
Pop's coaching tree will extend for decades.

Edit: What is Phil Jackson's coaching tree? Just curious.

SAGirl
04-24-2022, 09:22 PM
Trading Luka Doncic for this guy… Hawks ;)

This picture:

BG_Spurs_Fan
04-25-2022, 05:10 AM
Ben Simmons refusing to play again :lol This dude is going to singlehandedly destroy any player union leverage in the next CBA negotiations, it'll be messy and lengthy. Other players must truly hate him.

XDT76
04-25-2022, 06:07 AM
Ben Simmons refusing to play again :lol This dude is going to singlehandedly destroy any player union leverage in the next CBA negotiations, it'll be messy and lengthy. Other players must truly hate him.

With the Nets is paying $120M to 3 players to get sweep in round 1, Lakers is paying $120M to 3 players to miss the play-in with no picks. It just gets better with all these MAX players joining up teams.

TD 21
04-25-2022, 04:25 PM
Irving, Harden, Simmons, etc. are just the natural progression of the monster Scumbag created (somehow media deifies him but castrates the others) and Silver allowed to exist because he was shortsighted and was at the very least fine with who it was happening to and who it was benefitting at the time.

It'll continue to be fine too until one of their pets gets screwed.

PhantomDashCam
04-25-2022, 07:29 PM
Imagine having Nic Claxton and Ben Simmons on the floor at the same time in the Playoffs...Sheesh...

lefty20
04-25-2022, 08:29 PM
Damn Celtics look scary good.

Robz4000
04-25-2022, 08:30 PM

:lol refs did everything they could to extend the series too

GAustex
04-25-2022, 08:31 PM
Is that Derrick White on the floor at the end of the Celts game!

PhantomDashCam
04-25-2022, 08:34 PM

My only concern with them is that they occasionally go through these Offensive dry spells where they ISO there way to bad shot after bad shot.

Milwaukee V Boston figures to one hell of a series.

timtonymanu
04-25-2022, 08:35 PM
:lol Nyets
:lol swept

Reminds me of the Lakers-Spurs series from 2013 when people thought the lakers could match up with the Spurs and people saying the Spurs had the toughest opponent only for them to sweep

Seventyniner
04-25-2022, 08:36 PM
What kind of preseason odds could you have gotten on the Nets/Lakers/Clippers winning a combined zero playoff games? +50,000?

Dex
04-25-2022, 08:45 PM
People want to sit here and shit on Pop because "he had Tim Duncan"...

Vogel had LeBron, Davis, Westbook, and an old Melo....

Nash had Durant, Harden, and Kyrie (sometimes)....

Rivers and Lue had Kyrie and PG in LA....

What have they achieved this season? Nothing, despite all the STARS that are supposed to carry a coach

Maybe sometimes, things just don't work out for you. Maybe having a good coach and leader is important...

poopbox
04-25-2022, 08:48 PM
LMA and Patty were big free agent singings for the Nets and both did a bunch of nothing in this series

BatManu20
04-25-2022, 08:52 PM
Called it. Nets are winning it all this year.

timtonymanu
04-25-2022, 08:55 PM
LMA and Patty were big free agent singings for the Nets and both did a bunch of nothing in this series

Most of their team is filled with washed up stars and role players. The only decent piece off the bench they have is Claxton.

timtonymanu
04-25-2022, 08:58 PM
Also :lol Durbeta. Would be ringless if he didn’t pull his weak shit by going to the Warriors

mystargtr34
04-25-2022, 08:59 PM
Durant should request a trade tbh. You cannot rely on Kyrie to play more than 60 games and worst case he can find another excuse to not show up for half a season.

You certainly can’t rely on Ben Simmons, the most pathetic and mentally fragile player in NBA history.

Outside of those ‘Big 3’ the Nets have no cap room, no draft picks and a bunch of old washed up veterans.

Does Durant really want to waste the last 2-3 years he has left of being a number 1 option on that team?

Maybe he requests a trade to LA and teams up with Lebron. The Lakers can send fragile ass Anthony Davis to the Nets. Maybe the Clippers would be willing to ship Kawhi’s ass out of town also straight up for KD.

Sometning to keep an eye on imo.

John B
04-25-2022, 11:23 PM
Lebron out check, Durant out check, CP3
Honestly I hate for the Dubs to starting ringing again. I hate Warriors bandwagon fans as much as Lakers’ fans.

Dex
04-26-2022, 07:33 AM
Lebron out check, Durant out check, CP3
Honestly I hate for the Dubs to starting ringing again. I hate Warriors bandwagon fans as much as Lakers’ fans.

Eh, I wouldn't mind the Warriors winning as much without Durant. That team had the deck stacked way too much...pretty much the only thing stopping them from winning was injury. They are actually mortal now so at least it's interesting.

Warriors built their team from the ground up with strong drafting, player development, and team management. Sure, Draymond has one of the most punchable faces in the NBA...but I don't hate them like I used to. The biggest problem I would have with them winning is extending the gap in ring count, but we clearly can't even be thinking about catching up any time soon.

KingKev
04-26-2022, 01:23 PM
Lavine entering covid protocols pribs out for game 5. Lavine to Spurs confirmed.