PDA

View Full Version : I am a Sniffer. It is time to Fire Pop.

Pages : [1] 2 3

scott
11-22-2023, 09:25 PM
I hate being aligned in any way with fucking ducks, but here we are.

It's been a great run, ol' buddy, but it's time for you to go live on a nice farm where you can run and enjoy the sun.

CorrectCrusader
11-22-2023, 10:01 PM
Should've named this thread "The Sniffers Repentance" and then everyone can come and here and call for his firing lol

scott
11-22-2023, 10:02 PM
Should've named this thread "The Sniffers Repentance" and then everyone can come and here and call for his firing lol

Maybe the mods can make it happen, but I do think this thread is a safe place for all Sniffers to come and accept reality.

TimDunkem
11-22-2023, 10:04 PM
Sub .500 record without Tim.

Retire.

Spurminator
11-22-2023, 10:05 PM
I kind of wish he'd take more of a "life coach" role and hand over X's and O's duties to someone else.

Mugen
11-22-2023, 10:06 PM
Welcome aboard, brother. Better late than never. Some Sniffers won't come around until Wemby asks out.

Some guys will never come around and hope they can be buried with Pop like some kind of Egyptian cat tbh.

TheChillFactor
11-22-2023, 10:09 PM
"Present".

scott
11-22-2023, 10:16 PM
For the record:

Larry Brown was fired with a 21-17 record after back to back division titles.

Jerry Tarkanian was fired after 20 games with a 9-11 record.

John Lucas was resigned after going 55-27 in his first full season with the team.

Bob Hill was fired after a 3-15 start with the whole roster depleted in the Duncan Tank year, after back-to-back division titles, two seasons removed from a franchise record 62 wins and a conf. finals appearance while having to deal with Dennis Rodman.

We used to hold coaches to a higher standard around here.

poopbox
11-22-2023, 10:20 PM
Maybe the mods can make it happen, but I do think this thread is a safe place for all Sniffers to come and accept reality.
:lmao

SpurSpike
11-22-2023, 10:28 PM
I would hate to see him fired but I agree that its time for the front office to greatly encourage his voluntary departure after this year.

CorrectCrusader
11-22-2023, 10:29 PM
I would hate to see him fired but I agree that its time for the front office to greatly encourage his voluntary departure after this year.

Wasting a year of Wembys rookie contract to make a old senile fart happy is a terrible decision

TheGreatYacht
11-22-2023, 10:33 PM
Not too late to run for president. Just get the fuck off the team and take that moron Brett Brown with you, who 100% told him Sochan can be used like Ben Simmons

Trainwreck2100
11-22-2023, 10:33 PM
For the record:

John Lucas was resigned after going 55-27 in his first full season with the team.

Bob Hill was fired after a 3-15 start with the whole roster depleted in the Duncan Tank year, after back-to-back division titles, two seasons removed from a franchise record 62 wins and a conf. finals appearance while having to deal with Dennis Rodman.

For the record the players hated Bob Hill

TekXX
11-22-2023, 10:37 PM
I didn't really care before tonight but damn he's lost the plot when he starts chastising fans who paid hard earned money for overpriced tickets to watch a team who doesn't seem to care about winning anymore. Time to bring a coach in who will try to improve things

Trainwreck2100
11-22-2023, 10:38 PM
I didn't really care before tonight but damn he's lost the plot when he starts chastising fans who paid hard earned money for overpriced tickets to watch a team who doesn't seem to care about winning anymore. Time to bring a coach in who will try to improve things

Yeah who's that?

Tyronn Lue
11-22-2023, 10:43 PM
Yeah who's that?
Mark Jackson

Trill Clinton
11-22-2023, 10:44 PM
Dang, Scott. I guess I'm the last sniffer standing.

I do think the fans need to get over Kawhi already. The boos are lame. But I do agree pop didn't have to get on the mic to make that announcement. Save it for the postgame.

poopbox
11-22-2023, 10:47 PM
Not too late to run for president. Just get the fuck off the team and take that moron Brett Brown with you, who 100% told him Sochan can be used like Ben Simmons
I never thought about it this way but it makes so much sense :lmao

exstatic
11-22-2023, 10:50 PM
For the record:

Larry Brown was a diva with a history of being a vagabond. He quit his first ever coaching job at Wofford college before he coached even one game, because they wouldn’t re-carpet his office.

Tark was out of his depth. He didn’t even know the NBArules. People had to bring him up to date literally during games on the sideline.

As you said, Lucas quit, so I’m not sure why he’s in a thread about holding coaches responsible.

Bob Hill was fired by DRob, Sean, and AJ.

offset formation
11-22-2023, 10:51 PM

I do think the fans need to get over Kawhi already. The boos are lame. But I do agree pop didn't have to get on the mic to make that announcement. Save it for the postgame.

He has said stuff before in a post-game interview. Should have kept his distaste for the boos there.

He just woke up to a new reality that SA ain't having that neph shit shoved down their throats.

slick'81
11-22-2023, 10:55 PM
Oh we all know pop would be long gone in any other organization

spursparker9
11-22-2023, 10:55 PM
Is it me or that Pop is looking more and more like the Jigsaw guy in SAW movies?

Mark Celibate
11-22-2023, 10:57 PM
:lmao imagine having another grown man lecture you on when you can or can't boo. this is an unprecedented level of arrogance, tbh

Trainwreck2100
11-22-2023, 10:58 PM

Me too, until there's a better coach out there in a sniffer. But like I said I thought it was hilarious as fuck. He grabbed a mic during an opponents fts yelled at the crowd and nobody did shit, like that has to be against some rule

itzsoweezee
11-22-2023, 10:58 PM

I never considered this, but now that you mention it, I’m kind of convinced this is what happened

TheChillFactor
11-22-2023, 10:59 PM
Brian Wright needs to pull a "Pop" by firing Popovich and hiring himself as coach...its the only way we can start a new dynasty...

slick'81
11-22-2023, 11:00 PM
Holy shit! I had no idea pop lectured the fans :rollin

Pauleta14
11-22-2023, 11:01 PM
I don't think even Vegas would take bets on it

Pop is unfirable

spurs10
11-22-2023, 11:02 PM
Booooo...this thread....Boooo Kawhi...Booooo these losses.

TekXX
11-22-2023, 11:06 PM
As you can tell, Pop acts like he can't be fired, i don't think it's serving the organization well tbh.

Kurgan
11-22-2023, 11:06 PM
Imagine telling the fans who pay $100 dollars every game for those seats what they can and cannot do, as if they were children. Booing is a part of every professional sport.

spurs1990
11-22-2023, 11:12 PM
Been time. Done been hated him since 2018 and then the whole Belinelli Forbes bull snazz the next year. Thoroughly Exposed as a fraud. Got us Wembanyama so time to get a move on

z0sa
11-22-2023, 11:19 PM
As you can tell, Pop acts like he can't be fired, i don't think it's serving the organization well tbh.

That's the real problem. He's lost it, friends and neighbors. It's not anything personal, but the fire is gone. It's all politics, showing out for burned bridges or personal relationships, or whatever gets him excited, which ain't basketball.

Mikeanaro
11-22-2023, 11:32 PM
Because everything is about him, it seems he doesnt have other interests in life and feels like a king being a BB coach for so long, even when the results are terrible.
Also when the bar is so low right now, everything is upgradeable in his own mind so he is busy fighting windmills.
Its a sad story but no one complains in the organization, so like the almighty Al Yankovic said, fans need to ¨eat it¨.
BTW that stop booing Nephew almost make me puke.

Budkin
11-22-2023, 11:33 PM

It's been a great run, ol' buddy, but it's time for you to go live on a nice farm where you can run and enjoy the sun.

Checking in as well. Love Pop. Love his politics. Hate whatever this excuse for “coaching” is. Enough. Hang ‘em up Pop.

z0sa
11-22-2023, 11:46 PM
I honestly feel a little sorry for him. I think Pop truly thought Sochan at PG and himself as the main "vet" was going to be some really unforeseen big brain moves. Instead, conventional wisdom is holding out in a big way and he's looking like a fading figure. That said, I don't feel sorry enough for him that I care if he hangs up his hat for the last time soon. He's an all-time great and rich beyond 99%'s imaginable dreams. Either pull out the wins or change your philosophy, or leave. But pick one. He's highly intelligent - I hope he understands the situation that's building.

mudyez
11-22-2023, 11:56 PM
Can't wait fir him to show up here and tell some of you posters how to behave. I need dou here Pop!

BacktoBasics
11-23-2023, 12:00 AM
I hope ducks dies

scott
11-23-2023, 12:03 AM
Grabbing the mic in the middle of the game to lecture fans is some straight out of middle school bullshit. My mind is still blown at how wackadoodle it was to do that.

It's time to get Becky's agent on the horn and see how much the buy-out would be to get her in before the WNBA season starts back up.

Spurs 4 The Win
11-23-2023, 12:08 AM
Checking in as well. Love Pop. Love his politics. Hate whatever this excuse for “coaching” is. Enough. Hang ‘em up Pop.

STFU about his "politics". I dont give one iota of a fuck what anyone's politics are as long as they come to work with some fucking passion and grit. He has lost the plot.

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-23-2023, 12:16 AM
Grabbing the mic in the middle of the game to lecture fans is some straight out of middle school bullshit. My mind is still blown at how wackadoodle it was to do that.

It's time to get Becky's agent on the horn and see how much the buy-out would be to get her in before the WNBA season starts back up.

Zero point zero.

Now y'all see why Tim bounced after one year.

The old guy is bat shit crazy.

scott
11-23-2023, 12:22 AM
Becky has 3 years left on her Aces deal at $1mil/per. That's peanuts for an NBA franchise. Give the Aces $7mil in a buy-out, give Becky $8mil/year, and offer Pop a front office role for as long as he wants at $5m/year. At least according to Sportrac, his 5-year deal at $16mil per is all non-guaranteed. https://www.spotrac.com/nba/san-antonio-spurs/greg-popovich-11748/

Spurs 4 The Win
11-23-2023, 12:27 AM
Becky has 3 years left on her Aces deal at $1mil/per. That's peanuts for an NBA franchise. Give the Aces $7mil in a buy-out, give Becky $8mil/year, and offer Pop a front office role for as long as he wants at $5m/year. At least according to Sportrac, his 5-year deal at $16mil per is all non-guaranteed. https://www.spotrac.com/nba/san-antonio-spurs/greg-popovich-11748/

Nobody fucking wants Becky, jesus christ. We dont need to be fucking experimenting with the first NBA female coach when we have a generational talent on our hands. We cannot fuck this up, we need to get someone who has experience coaching big men and building a championship team. Should be Pop but he is brain dead now.

ducks
11-23-2023, 12:39 AM

He should never get inside the spurs locker room after tonight

ducks
11-23-2023, 12:42 AM
Nobody fucking wants Becky, jesus christ. We dont need to be fucking experimenting with the first NBA female coach when we have a generational talent on our hands. We cannot fuck this up, we need to get someone who has experience coaching big men and building a championship team. Should be Pop but he is brain dead now.

Who the hell wants pop
Becky is much better
Those double d

BacktoBasics
11-23-2023, 12:43 AM
He should never get inside the spurs locker room after tonight

I hope you trip on the way to the bathroom and suffer a head injury for your regular 4am bladder release.

Spurs 4 The Win
11-23-2023, 12:43 AM
Who the hell wants pop
Becky is much better
Those double d

Any of us would be an upgrade from Pop at this point. :rollin

scott
11-23-2023, 12:45 AM
The worst part of this whole ordeal is that it gives fucking morons like ducks the space to share their dumb fucking opinions.

BacktoBasics
11-23-2023, 12:46 AM
Despite the haters you’re probably not wrong. Good coaching is good coaching is good coaching. She resonates with her players for the most part and doesn’t have to worry about someone getting pregnant on our roster.

There is no one else that deserves a head coaching job in the league more than her.

Any fucking league that keeps running out the rug for Doc Rivers needs to be willing to accept a vagina as the leader of the pack.

BacktoBasics
11-23-2023, 12:47 AM
The worst part of this whole ordeal is that it gives fucking morons like ducks the space to share their dumb fucking opinions.
You’re two for two in this thread.

ducks
11-23-2023, 12:50 AM

But pop can telling the fans what to do but ducks can not express his view ?
Why ?

ducks
11-23-2023, 12:50 AM
I hope you trip on the way to the bathroom and suffer a head injury for your regular 4am bladder release.
I release it in your wife’s pussy

scott
11-23-2023, 12:51 AM
But pop can telling the fans what to do but ducks can not express his view ?
Why ?

Because despite how stupid Pop's actions tonight, he's at least made some positive contributions to this planet. The same can't be said about you.

Pauleta14
11-23-2023, 01:06 AM
Let's forget this option

Pop will never quit/admits his incompetence and owners are too fan/greatfull to take any unpopular decison

Only heath isssues (which I wish nobody) could change things

MannyIsGod
11-23-2023, 01:09 AM
They'll never fire Pop. Or if they do, it'll come after after way more than this. The only hope is that he sees the light and steps away. Maybe if he loses the team but I'm not sure we want that to happen.

But yeah, I don't think he has it anymore. People need to learn to retire and enjoy their lives instead of hanging on forever.

Obi Juan Kenobi
11-23-2023, 01:16 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y35fnBRjmNA&t=136s

Pop's tirade reminded me of this...

offset formation
11-23-2023, 01:16 AM
I release it in your wife’s pussy

Ducks my man, pick a perspective and stick with it. In back to back posts you went with 3rd person to 1st person.

Oddly enough, the one you invoke peeing in some pussy is first person. Big dream of yours??

Seventyniner
11-23-2023, 01:24 AM
Checking in as well. I saw the lecture live and was absolutely stunned.

Things usually end badly because otherwise they wouldn't end. I hope Pop can be one of the rare exceptions.

TimDunkem
11-23-2023, 01:29 AM
Ducks my man, pick a perspective and stick with it. In back to back posts you went with 3rd person to 1st person.

Oddly enough, the one you invoke peeing in some pussy is first person. Big dream of yours??
You're talking to the guy who just a couple of years ago said he peed on little girls.

Robz4000
11-23-2023, 01:30 AM

Things usually end badly because otherwise they wouldn't end. I hope Pop can be one of the rare exceptions.

We're past that point tbh. It can only end badly at this point.

z0sa
11-23-2023, 01:32 AM

The losses will continue to pile up without a major change - dare one say, improvement - in the coaching. That sounds like an impossibility at this point, though I'd love to be wrong.

Kawhi Duncan
11-23-2023, 01:33 AM
Me too, until there's a better coach out there in a sniffer. But like I said I thought it was hilarious as fuck. He grabbed a mic during an opponents fts yelled at the crowd and nobody did shit, like that has to be against some rule

Anyone would be a better coach... What about Pop's coaching right now makes you think he is the best? A coach is only as good as he is currently... Not his past... That's like making a 60 year old MJ the focal point of your team because he is the best ever... There comes a point when you may be the best ever, but you aren't the best currently... Matter of fact, you suck currently

SayTown
11-23-2023, 01:34 AM
Mad about fans booing a scammer and traitor but fine with the teams shitty play. He's more concerned with chatting up the opposing coaches after humiliating loses but can't say one word to media. If I'm Wemby I'm demanding a trade today, time to take away the keys from woke great grandpa and start giving him his pudding and alzheimers meds.

:pop: "It's just basketball"

It's just booing at a "basketball" game, get over yourself old man.

baseline bum
11-23-2023, 01:40 AM
Victor said he wanted to be coached, wanted to be yelled at. So I don't get this let Victor just do what the fuck he wants for 20 games shit. Drives me nuts seeing him floating around the perimeter where he can't do shit offensively because he's got a SF or SG on him that'll pick his pocket if he attacks off the dribble. Was so nice seeing him getting into the paint tonight, and what do you know? No 30% shooting night, he was efficient and effective. The team played hard tonight but there have been games they have been tuning Pop out, and how can you blame them when he doesn't have a game plan and just tells them play hard? God I wish the team could have signed Udoka this summer. I love Pop, he's one of the greatest things to ever happen to the franchise, but it's time to go if he's going to be such a soft coach and doesn't have the desire to be the hardass the team needs. This isn't the 2014 team filled with vets who knew what they were doing, this is a bunch of young guys making the same mistakes over and over again and not being held accountable.

offset formation
11-23-2023, 01:42 AM
Anyone would be a better coach... What about Pop's coaching right now makes you think he is the best? A coach is only as good as he is currently... Not his past... That's like making a 60 year old MJ the focal point of your team because he is the best ever... There comes a point when you may be the best ever, but you aren't the best currently... Matter of fact, you suck currently

I think it's 50/50 between PATFO drafting guys that are simply incapable of playing high level defense and Pop and his staff's inability to get better defense out of them. And it's resulted in historically awful suckage for a long run now.

So I'm not even putting this,all on Pop. The players clearly are not up to par physically, mentally, or both. The coaching is clearly lacking. And the drafting has borne out to be atrocious.

offset formation
11-23-2023, 01:44 AM
You're talking to the guy who just a couple of years ago said he peed on little girls.

Must have missed that, or been so traumatized by it I've pushed it into a deep dark corner of my brain.

I don't even want to ask for more details.

SayTown
11-23-2023, 01:47 AM

Even expert chess players peak around ages 40 to 45 and they gradually start a decline after that with each passing year.

Chinook
11-23-2023, 02:45 AM
Can't wait fir him to show up here and tell some of you posters how to behave. I need dou here Pop!

Why does this account not already exist?

HemisfairArena
11-23-2023, 02:51 AM
Victor said he wanted to be coached, wanted to be yelled at. So I don't get this let Victor just do what the fuck he wants for 20 games shit. Drives me nuts seeing him floating around the perimeter where he can't do shit offensively because he's got a SF or SG on him that'll pick his pocket if he attacks off the dribble. Was so nice seeing him getting into the paint tonight, and what do you know? No 30% shooting night, he was efficient and effective. The team played hard tonight but there have been games they have been tuning Pop out, and how can you blame them when he doesn't have a game plan and just tells them play hard? God I wish the team could have signed Udoka this summer. I love Pop, he's one of the greatest things to ever happen to the franchise, but it's time to go if he's going to be such a soft coach and doesn't have the desire to be the hardass the team needs. This isn't the 2014 team filled with vets who knew what they were doing, this is a bunch of young guys making the same mistakes over and over again and not being held accountable.

Wemby also said he wants to win now,,,,so I hope he tells Pop to shut the fuck up and I'm the boss now,,,,,,because he is. Wemby holds all the cards and this franchise is shit without him.

RC_Drunkford
11-23-2023, 04:01 AM
you know it's really really bad when even the sniffers turn on Pop. I can't wait for him to hang it up tbh. He's too full of himself since we won in 2014 and completely out of tune. This ain't the Pop of the old days. He needs to gtfoh.

RC_Drunkford
11-23-2023, 04:35 AM

people really need to look at the GMs survey. Pop is nowhere in the top of any categories besides "best motivator" and "best head coach", which is all based on what he did with Duncan back in the day. A lot of people in the NBA don't think he's one of the best coaches.

Vince Carter's ankle
11-23-2023, 04:52 AM
people really need to look at the GMs survey. Pop is nowhere in the top of any categories besides "best motivator" and "best head coach", which is all based on what he did with Duncan back in the day. A lot of people in the NBA don't think he's one of the best coaches.
who?

Texas_Ranger
11-23-2023, 05:12 AM
Some of u are realizing this 3 or 4 years too late.

RC_Drunkford
11-23-2023, 05:48 AM
who?

I know reading is very hard for you. Maybe you should go back to grade school and learn it, so you can figure out how to read the survey properly.

https://i.giphy.com/media/7Jq6ufAgpblcm0Ih2z/giphy.webp

Obstructed_View
11-23-2023, 06:15 AM

The only thing worse than how bad ducks dunked on you is the cringe in your response. Take your L like a man and move on :lmao :lmao :lmao

Arcadian
11-23-2023, 06:41 AM
Is it me or that Pop is looking more and more like the Jigsaw guy in SAW movies?

Dude, yes. I thought the same thing when I was at the game last month.

"I want to play a game." :pop:

spursparker9
11-23-2023, 07:04 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyY04CaZkYs

:lol 74 years old man teaching Wemby

rankingtear
11-23-2023, 08:17 AM
Still a sniffer. Fans do overvalue our talent level right now. And pop rant mid free throw can only help with players and agents specifically Wemby. Spoiled fans can cry, pop ain't getting fired.

Russo21
11-23-2023, 08:44 AM
Pop has a superiority complex and needs to get over himself. Thinks he's bigger than the game and the team and the fans. It's time for him to go.

Not just because of this, but he's nearly 80, Wemby is young. We should be looking for Wemby's career coach right now cause unless Pop coaches until he's freaking 90 than he is not that coach. He's gotta do what's good for Wemby and the team and he's not it.

slick'81
11-23-2023, 08:49 AM
Probably not good he just signed a 5 year 80+ mill extension :hungry:

SpursGenius
11-23-2023, 09:20 AM
More like 15. The hag cost us several playoff series. He needs to retire or get fired. The dumb ownership with an alcoholic at the helm is going through DTs and dementia himself. The kids are incompetent with silver spoons in mouths all their lives. They have no business running this team.

Vince Carter's ankle
11-23-2023, 09:45 AM
I know reading is very hard for you. Maybe you should go back to grade school and learn it, so you can figure out how to read the survey properly.

https://i.giphy.com/media/7Jq6ufAgpblcm0Ih2z/giphy.webp
it's clear
you just farted with your mouth again, passing off your fantasies as facts

hater
11-23-2023, 10:23 AM
Um our team is made of scrubs.

Any coach would be losing with this shit ensemble. :lol

Im ok with tanking :tu

Lets get worst record in the league :tu

z0sa
11-23-2023, 10:54 AM

Any coach berating the fans for booing Kabenedict Learnold would be exiting the org by the seat of his pants…

dbestpro
11-23-2023, 10:56 AM
Saw a post on another site calling Pop Coach Karen. Lol.

emanueldavidginobili
11-23-2023, 10:57 AM
I can't believe he actually did that last night, what kind of message is he trying to send to the team and the city of SA? Embarrassing as hell man. Just two nights ago in his post game presser he's saying he was "totally satisfied" with the team effort and competitiveness in a game the Spurs lost by 25 points! and that he'll sleep good tonight in a game they lost by 25 points and 9 straight lmao and then last night pulling that shit in an actual competitive game at the time and booing at the free throw line like any other fan base in hopes he missed the free throw, just pathetic man. Spurs on the verge of a 10 game losing streak and you actually still have your fans cheering and booing and using their hard working money to show up to watch a shit product and you're going to tell the fans to stop booing lmao, unreal.

Good on the Spurs fans for booing even louder afterwards, hoped that crushed Pops ego and him realizing people don't give a fuck about what you have to say anymore. He is completely out of touch and needs to step down, it's a whole new time in 2023 and he has failed to adapt, time for a fresh face to lead the Spurs someone whose motivated and hungry with some fire under his ass and ready to lead/coach a team.

emanueldavidginobili
11-23-2023, 10:58 AM
Saw a post on another site calling Pop Coach Karen. Lol.
My wife actually called him that last night after he did that :lol

LeBowen
11-23-2023, 11:02 AM
It was time about five years ago.
It will never happen out of respect for him, but this should most definitely be his final season.

Worst thing of all is that they're probably going to give the job to Brett Brown when Pop leaves, instead of hiring Bud or someone else.

WaywardTexan
11-23-2023, 11:10 AM
Are we sure Pop was chastising the crowd for booing? I thought someone threw something on the court.

MarCowMar
11-23-2023, 11:29 AM

I can imagine the synergy and FUN the team would have with Becky at the helm in a low-expectation environment. She's of that next generation that coaches through collaboration, feedback, and consensus. That matches the mindset of the current generation which views themselves as partners in work rather than slaves/employees.

The master/slave system can work if the master delivers on their title and guides his slaves to wins. No one cares if they're a slave if they're winning and kicking the asses of other slaves and "freemen".

But when you're a slave and you see other slaves off the plantation and having success (Kawhi), then your faith in "the system" evaporates. You're left wondering why the old man with TDS yelling at you about getting over yourself is delivering dictates to the fans over the stadium mic instead of coaching...

trypldubl
11-23-2023, 11:59 AM
Still a sniffer. Fans do overvalue our talent level right now. And pop rant mid free throw can only help with players and agents specifically Wemby. Spoiled fans can cry, pop ain't getting fired.

Pop has been pulling this type of act for over a decade now and has that ever helped the team sign or keep any of our big time players? You hear players on other teams praise Pop, but has anyone ever really said that they want to come to the Spurs just for Pop? If anything players we have or get in trades want to leave after being here. You'd think all the stuff Pop does to not only coach but to try to connect with his players would make them want to stay. It has not worked at all. Nephew, Dejounte, Demar and even LMA after he signed wanted out.

You hear former players like Dejounte or Lonny talk about how the spurs play mind games. Players talk and might say in private that they don't want to play here cause of stuff like that. I get how Pop wants you to earn it, but when you see players like bonner, Forbes or others get constantly burned in D or mistakes then don't get pulled or chewed out you shake your head. Yet when others mess up they get subbed out or they are on a quick hook. I've also seen players get get hot on offense but get subbed out because it's their "designated* time to come out. Sometimes thar type of coaching does not work with players.

Players want to put up numbers and get out there and show some flash. It seems Pop tries to rein it on players. Unless you are the Manu type, who just does what he does, then a player might struggle with that type of coaching.

offset formation
11-23-2023, 12:05 PM
The only thing worse than how bad ducks dunked on you is the cringe in your response. Take your L like a man and move on :lmao :lmao :lmao

Hey you ignorant fuck, he didn't dunk on me. He wasn't responding to me. And even if he had been, he took a piss joke and tried to turn it into a sex joke. He failed.

And what is it with you ignoramuses? Like seriously, I'm wondering if there truly is a educational gap between folks like you and the rest of functioning society?

Chomag
11-23-2023, 12:06 PM
I can't believe he actually did that last night, what kind of message is he trying to send to the team and the city of SA? Embarrassing as hell man. Just two nights ago in his post game presser he's saying he was "totally satisfied" with the team effort and competitiveness in a game the Spurs lost by 25 points! and that he'll sleep good tonight in a game they lost by 25 points and 9 straight lmao and then last night pulling that shit in an actual competitive game at the time and booing at the free throw line like any other fan base in hopes he missed the free throw, just pathetic man. Spurs on the verge of a 10 game losing streak and you actually still have your fans cheering and booing and using their hard working money to show up to watch a shit product and you're going to tell the fans to stop booing lmao, unreal.

Good on the Spurs fans for booing even louder afterwards, hoped that crushed Pops ego and him realizing people don't give a fuck about what you have to say anymore. He is completely out of touch and needs to step down, it's a whole new time in 2023 and he has failed to adapt, time for a fresh face to lead the Spurs someone whose motivated and hungry with some fire under his ass and ready to lead/coach a team.

Well said.

DAF86
11-23-2023, 12:14 PM
For a guy that beats the "get over oneself" narrative to the ground, it is amazing the amount of things this guy does to try to stand out and look different. That Kawhi shit was cringe as fuck. It's time for someone on the organization to start putting him in his place. His act is getting as old as him.

couchman
11-23-2023, 12:40 PM
Same. Love ya Pop but you’ve lost the plot.
Last night was the last straw for me

Obstructed_View
11-23-2023, 12:43 PM
Hey you ignorant fuck, he didn't dunk on me. He wasn't responding to me. And even if he had been, he took a piss joke and tried to turn it into a sex joke. He failed.

And what is it with you ignoramuses? Like seriously, I'm wondering if there truly is a educational gap between folks like you and the rest of functioning society?

:lmao

Sugus
11-23-2023, 12:45 PM

Yeah, that wasn't cool. I didn't catch the game live but what a fucking awkward moment, and with such a polarizing figure to San Antonio too, in the middle of a second clearly tanking season. Not the kind of figure you want to stand up for at this point, in this season... Also how isn't it against the rules?:lmao

I do hope he finishes out the season still. He's a fundamental figure to the Spurs and should strive to leave a good successor (hoping for Becky as well here) in place. Turmoil at the coaching department is a great way to derail any rebuild.

I don't know if Becky leaves his spot in the WNBA though. The Aces have won the last 2 chips with her at the helm, she's their GOAT already and could retire there if she so wanted.

Spursfanfromafar
11-23-2023, 01:19 PM
You want Pop fired.. there should be a better reason than he took up the mic and chastised the crowd for booing a player who stabbed the Spurs' chances of continued contention after the Big 3 retired. After all, the man who was betrayed the most due to this act was Pop himself.

The question of whether or not to fire Pop will have to depend upon whether there is a better coach out there who will hone this inexperienced, young team with one potential superstar (Wemby), one possible borderline All Star (Devin Vassell) and a whole other bunch of role/ rotation/ semi-NBA talent players into getting a better record than what Pop has managed so far. And the next question is whether that prospective coach will find a way to get Wemby better as he gets his team better.

I think the answer to both these questions isn't quite out there. Pop should at least be allowed to fail over the course of this season before the Spurs get a replacement. Let Wemby and others play out this year and lets see if they can overcome the humps that are there for them as a young squad. Lets see if Vassell, Wemby, Collins, Johnson and Sochan improve their game further. Its too early to cut Pop from being the coach, IMO.

The only thing that I disagree with Pop is his stubbornness in playing Sochan out of position. And I believe that Wright missed a trick in not getting either of Monte Morris or Tyus Jones when he had an opportunity to do so. More so, I feel Wright made a huge blunder in drafting Primo over Sengun. Pop has had to deal with the canvas that Wright and RCB has set for him and I can truly say only last season and this..have been truly disappointing for him as coach. Last season was necessary to get Wemby though and this season.. we have to give Pop the chance to train his wards to go up the next level.

Its just too early to change a coach who has not just honed the Spurs to a five-time champion but has also heralded a coaching/ FO assembly line that has taken over nearly half the league and brought successes to other teams. Give Pop this season and then take a decision after that, is what I feel, is the right thing to do.

ducks
11-23-2023, 01:29 PM
Because despite how stupid Pop's actions tonight, he's at least made some positive contributions to this planet. The same can't be said about you.

What has he did on his dime to help the planet

ducks
11-23-2023, 01:35 PM
Let's see - he's 3-12 this year. Last year it was 22-60. His last winning season was 2018-19. He's been a sub-500 coach since Tim Duncan retired in 2016. And it seems none of the "elite" NBA players want to play for him. Pretty much anyone else would have been fired by now. Maybe he's just not that great of a coach.

ducks
11-23-2023, 01:37 PM
Pop's always thought his opinion was more important than the opinions of others. As we can clearly see, he doesn't hesitate to deem himself more worthy than others at expressing it.

TimDunkem
11-23-2023, 01:43 PM
Let's see - he's 3-12 this year. Last year it was 22-60. His last winning season was 2018-19. He's been a sub-500 coach since Tim Duncan retired in 2016. And it seems none of the "elite" NBA players want to play for him. Pretty much anyone else would have been fired by now. Maybe he's just not that great of a coach.
lol For once you're right.

Pop deserves all the credit for creating a system that held all players accountable, equally, and instilling a culture that prioritized winning above all else. That's it.

Tim, Dave, Tony, Manu, and yes even Kawhi won those games. Pop also happened to have had plenty of sideline help from assistants that would go on to win many games in the NBA...But, mostly, it was the players. They put the ball in the fucking basket.

Strip all of that away and you have some tired, old, rich fool who doesn't even know how to call a time-out, or draw up a decent out-of-bounds play anymore, and virtue signals to crowds for run-of-the-mill booing. Retire already..

weebo
11-23-2023, 02:10 PM
lol For once you're right.

Pop deserves all the credit for creating a system that held all players accountable, equally, and instilling a culture that prioritized winning above all else. That's it.

Tim, Dave, Tony, Manu, and yes even Kawhi won those games. Pop also happened to have had plenty of sideline help from assistants that would go on to win many games in the NBA...But, mostly, it was the players. They put the ball in the fucking basket.

Strip all of that away and you have some tired, old, rich fool who doesn't even know how to call a time-out, or draw up a decent out-of-bounds play anymore, and virtue signals to crowds for run-of-the-mill booing. Retire already..

So, when they win it’s the player and when they lose it’s Pop?

TimDunkem
11-23-2023, 02:23 PM
They're losing because they suck. Pop's shitty coaching exacerbates the issue.

ducks
11-23-2023, 02:32 PM
Popovich has an enormous ego,constantly lecturing us on how we should act,what we say and what positions we should take on social issues.He is a basketball coach not the second coming.The fans paid big money to go to the game and are entitled to boo or cheer as they see fit .Popovich should coach the team and leave his opinion of how people should act at home.

MultiTroll
11-23-2023, 02:32 PM

Great thread.
I can only imagine the joy of being set free, and how many others you may assist in setting free.

A selfless thread. :toast

BatManu20
11-23-2023, 02:39 PM
The old man has already become a meme :lol

(In reaction to Jack Harlow’s garbage halftime performance during the Lions v. Packers game)

RC_Drunkford
11-23-2023, 02:44 PM
it's clear
you just farted with your mouth again, passing off your fantasies as facts

says the guy who doesn't understand what a survey is :lmao

weebo
11-23-2023, 02:46 PM
They're losing because they suck. Pop's shitty coaching exacerbates the issue.

Well, you said it’s the players that put the ball the ball in the basket. If that’s the case, then what does coaching have to do with winning or losing?

SayTown
11-23-2023, 03:24 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyY04CaZkYs

:lol 74 years old man teaching Wemby

Would love to read this in the headlines: Pop out for three months from hip replacement surgery for hip injury that occurred during practice.

He would probably still coach from his hospital bed via zoom :lol

Vince Carter's ankle
11-23-2023, 03:25 PM
ok, i read it wrong initially
i admit

but there is obvious manipulation in your post
out of 8 questions about coaches, 3 do not relate to him in any way (relocated head coach, best assistant coach, active player will make the best head coach)

further questions about defense and attack
why didn't he get any votes after the tanking season? hmm not clear

in the question about best in-game adjustments he received votes

SayTown
11-23-2023, 03:30 PM

No one is crying and no one is going to listen to the old man either, maybe the crowd should be silent for a whole game if we ever make the playoffs again so we can let the guys play.

SayTown
11-23-2023, 03:34 PM

That's not the issue the issue is telling the fans who pay his salary and the players salary to behave like they are in church at a basketball game, wtf does he think he is.

KobesAchilles
11-23-2023, 03:39 PM
I wonder if it’s bc Pop lost Bobby Knight. Shit has to hit him hard

SayTown
11-23-2023, 03:39 PM
I can imagine the synergy and FUN the team would have with Becky at the helm in a low-expectation environment. She's of that next generation that coaches through collaboration, feedback, and consensus. That matches the mindset of the current generation which views themselves as partners in work rather than slaves/employees.

The master/slave system can work if the master delivers on their title and guides his slaves to wins. No one cares if they're a slave if they're winning and kicking the asses of other slaves and "freemen".

But when you're a slave and you see other slaves off the plantation and having success (Kawhi), then your faith in "the system" evaporates. You're left wondering why the old man with TDS yelling at you about getting over yourself is delivering dictates to the fans over the stadium mic instead of coaching...

Pop definitely would have been a plantation owner back in the day sitting on the porch drinking his iced tea and yelling at the slaves to work harder all with a sly grin on his face.

SayTown
11-23-2023, 03:53 PM
After all, the man who was betrayed the most due to this act was Pop himself.

That is just dumb, that is like saying I should be okay with someone beating me up just because they beat up someone else even worse.

SayTown
11-23-2023, 04:04 PM

Now you're getting it, good boy.

TD 21
11-23-2023, 04:08 PM
This is the latest in a long line of him shitting on this fanbase/franchise, but this takes the cake. Abhorrent, embarrassing behavior by this hypocritical, senile fool.

He's lucky I'm not the owner, because I'd have fired him on the spot (with no cliched pleasantries in the press release) after this stunt.

This organization has been a dumpster fire post Duncan and he has the audacity to treat its paying customers, who are now sitting through him purposely playing a starting lineup that can't function offensively, as if they're young kids and he's the parent?

As if it weren't bad enough that he's handled the Scumbag saga pathetically from day one (all part of his contrarian, holier than though schtick).

Russo21
11-23-2023, 04:19 PM
Pop belittles Trump, Republicans and even reporters any chance he gets. And he had the nerve to talk about the way the fans behave to a certain player. Time to put Pop out to pasture

weebo
11-23-2023, 04:39 PM
:lmao all the magats with sand in their vaginas :lmao thanks pop

ElNono
11-23-2023, 05:10 PM
:lmao all the magats with sand in their vaginas :lmao thanks pop

:lol tbh, the ultimate snowflakes...

some_user86
11-23-2023, 05:25 PM
Pop belittles Trump, Republicans and even reporters any chance he gets. And he had the nerve to talk about the way the fans behave to a certain player. Time to put Pop out to pasture

He was way out of line in telling us not to boo, but he is 100% right about Trump and the MAGAs. Y'all can go straight to hell. This won't be your country in a decade; learn to live with it.

Spurminator
11-23-2023, 05:36 PM
Pop belittles Trump, Republicans and even reporters any chance he gets.

Never thought I'd see a Trumper mad about someone belittling the media.

baseline bum
11-23-2023, 06:48 PM
Yeah, that wasn't cool. I didn't catch the game live but what a fucking awkward moment, and with such a polarizing figure to San Antonio too, in the middle of a second clearly tanking season. Not the kind of figure you want to stand up for at this point, in this season... Also how isn't it against the rules?:lmao

I do hope he finishes out the season still. He's a fundamental figure to the Spurs and should strive to leave a good successor (hoping for Becky as well here) in place. Turmoil at the coaching department is a great way to derail any rebuild.

I don't know if Becky leaves his spot in the WNBA though. The Aces have won the last 2 chips with her at the helm, she's their GOAT already and could retire there if she so wanted.

I don't buy that this is a tanking season. This is on Pop for not giving them direction. I don't know how you tell a team with a bunch of guys 19-22 to just play how they want like a bunch of kids are going to know how to win in the NBA without any veteran leadership on the floor. Ugh this is why I wanted Brook Lopez so badly as well as a veteran PG.

Splits
11-23-2023, 07:48 PM
I'm going to start a #FirePop billboard GoFundMe campaign if any of our talented digital design peeps on this board can give me something to work with.

Splits
11-23-2023, 07:54 PM
I hope ducks dies

He murdered his son for insurance money and got away with it.

TDomination
11-23-2023, 09:14 PM
If spurs were winning and he did what he did, I’m pretty sure overall we would have just laughed at it

but because spurs look so terrible and we see questionable coaching decisions and looking worse than last year, it makes him look more senile.

its all circumstantial really.

im pretty sure he sees his players and former players as his children so he tries to protect every single one of them. So booing Kawhi is like booing one of his kids. I think it truly hurts him emotionally because he knows it’s not normal “boo” like we boo for any opponent. It’s a boo filled with hatred

Ed Helicopter Jones
11-23-2023, 11:07 PM
Pop's always thought his opinion was more important than the opinions of others. As we can clearly see, he doesn't hesitate to deem himself more worthy than others at expressing it.

Ducks has learned to use ChatGPT. Nice.

baseline bum
11-23-2023, 11:26 PM
im pretty sure he sees his players and former players as his children so he tries to protect every single one of them. So booing Kawhi is like booing one of his kids. I think it truly hurts him emotionally because he knows it’s not normal “boo” like we boo for any opponent. It’s a boo filled with hatred

And Leonard earned it by leaving the way he did, leaking BS to the media trying to tear the organization down instead of just saying he was forcing the trade because wanted to go back home to LA one year earlier. No appreciation for the team that taught him how to shoot a jumpshot when he had truly hideous form coming out of San Diego State. On an incompetent team like Charlotte he could have just ended up another Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, eg another high motor SF with a broken jumpshot that never got fixed, a guy who was never taught a post game. Not trying to say the Spurs deserve the credit for Leonard becoming a HOF level player, clearly it took enormous work on his own part, but good coaching like Pop and his assistants gave him was a necessary precondition to him becoming a great player. And nothing but hatred coming from his camp to the press to try the force the Spurs to cave to his demands. I wouldn't boo him now every time he touches the ball since fuck him it's a long closed chapter of Spurs history, but Pop's a dumbass to not see why Spurs fans will forever hate him.

TD 21
11-23-2023, 11:36 PM
^ And intentionally destroying his value in an attempt to strong arm them to trading him to the Clippers (probably would have been Lakers had James not sign with them, which obviously would have overshadowed his attention seeking punk ass).

That's the thing that somehow continues to get lost.

Mikeanaro
11-24-2023, 12:31 AM
And Bowen helped nephew to get a killer D too.
But lets not boo because feelings :(

RC_Drunkford
11-24-2023, 10:22 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeDOjdl9A6w

starts at 29:20 :lol

very good assessment. They are basically saying that you have to be extremely arrogant for Pop to do what he did. I'm glad some people recognize it.

MultiTroll
11-24-2023, 11:34 AM
very good assessment. They are basically saying that you have to be extremely arrogant for Pop to do what he did. I'm glad some people recognize it.
Very plain to see.
Those who are remaining Sniffers, wow that is some serious derangement.

weebo
11-24-2023, 11:41 AM
Very plain to see.
Those who are remaining Sniffers, wow that is some serious derangement.

Cry harder baby girl :lmao

MultiTroll
11-24-2023, 01:06 PM
Cry harder baby girl :lmao
Who's crying? Lame strawman.

You're proud of the shit show Popped and the Spurs have become?

Pity you.

weebo
11-24-2023, 01:28 PM
Who's crying? Lame strawman.

You're proud of the shit show Popped and the Spurs have become?

Pity you.

Keep crying :lol

MultiTroll
11-24-2023, 01:54 PM
Keep crying :lol
:lol Keep enjoying your Pop microphone.

Sad existence.

weebo
11-24-2023, 02:04 PM
:lol Keep enjoying your Pop microphone.

Sad existence.

I’m good baby girl :lol

Dust that sand out of your va jay :lol

Sugus
11-24-2023, 04:31 PM
I don't buy that this is a tanking season.

What do you mean? It could hardly be more on purpose. The Spurs have made conscious decisions at every level to keep this team at the bottom.

Compare their off-season to the Rockettes': one team signed multiple vets to significant contracts, hired new coaching staff, adjusted the roster to fit their new prospects and put them in position to succeed and produce. The other literally re-rolled the same team that got them the #1 the very last year, which was used to sign an incredibly raw prospect mind you, not some 4-college-years Timmy D, has outwardly stated this to be an "experimental year", has made no attempts to accomodate their rookie star into the roster, is literally experimenting with playing a starter out of position as an actual declared project.....

I guess you're saying this in a "accident vs planned thing" way, but it's just plainly deliberate. I think a lot of fans are confused by this start to the season for that - thinking the Spurs' losses are failures or even surprises. But every indicator points to the Spurs having expected a season like this, and with good purpose. It's likely their last year to get to the lottery, and they know it.

This is on Pop for not giving them direction. I don't know how you tell a team with a bunch of guys 19-22 to just play how they want like a bunch of kids are going to know how to win in the NBA without any veteran leadership on the floor. Ugh this is why I wanted Brook Lopez so badly as well as a veteran PG.

Well, again it depends on how you look at it - down sure is a direction :lol. Of course they're not gonna know how to win, and again, the team consciously decided to keep Dougie McBuckets as the veteran presence. You know they weren't even trying... And damn would I love BroLo on this team! But he's got too much juice left for coming off his run with Giannis to be the Spurs' babysitter tbh

Sugus
11-24-2023, 04:38 PM
If spurs were winning and he did what he did, I’m pretty sure overall we would have just laughed at it

but because spurs look so terrible and we see questionable coaching decisions and looking worse than last year, it makes him look more senile.

its all circumstantial really.

Yeah, I thought the same thing. Terrible timing for something like that. You don't just shit on the people supporting a tanking team and paying expensive tickets to see losses, and to be supporting a city-hated player who burned the team while forcing his way out of San Antonio at that.......

He's smart (and old) enough to know to keep it in his pants even if it hurts him emotionally, he's literally ex-military :lol, so a bizarre moment altogether. He might really be getting up in the head, a bit sad to see. Hope he retires peacefully at the end of the year and everyone moves on with good memories.

baseline bum
11-24-2023, 05:18 PM
What do you mean? It could hardly be more on purpose. The Spurs have made conscious decisions at every level to keep this team at the bottom.

Compare their off-season to the Rockettes': one team signed multiple vets to significant contracts, hired new coaching staff, adjusted the roster to fit their new prospects and put them in position to succeed and produce. The other literally re-rolled the same team that got them the #1 the very last year, which was used to sign an incredibly raw prospect mind you, not some 4-college-years Timmy D, has outwardly stated this to be an "experimental year", has made no attempts to accomodate their rookie star into the roster, is literally experimenting with playing a starter out of position as an actual declared project.....

I guess you're saying this in a "accident vs planned thing" way, but it's just plainly deliberate. I think a lot of fans are confused by this start to the season for that - thinking the Spurs' losses are failures or even surprises. But every indicator points to the Spurs having expected a season like this, and with good purpose. It's likely their last year to get to the lottery, and they know it.

Well, again it depends on how you look at it - down sure is a direction :lol. Of course they're not gonna know how to win, and again, the team consciously decided to keep Dougie McBuckets as the veteran presence. You know they weren't even trying... And damn would I love BroLo on this team! But he's got too much juice left for coming off his run with Giannis to be the Spurs' babysitter tbh

Meh it's too shitty a draft to be tanking

spursparker9
11-24-2023, 07:16 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeGGCwOcEDQ

Leetonidas
11-24-2023, 07:19 PM

I don't buy into the strength of the draft being a foregone conclusion. People said this draft sucked outside of the top 2 picks and there are plenty of rookies that look like they'll have long NBA careers

spursparker9
11-24-2023, 07:47 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVfDH0Mgmo8

MultiTroll
11-24-2023, 08:13 PM
video Chet so much better then Wemby
Switch teams and tell me what happens.

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-24-2023, 10:59 PM
In this stupid mini tournament we are -53. Next closest team on point differential is +32. We are 85 points behind the next highest team in the span of three games and Pop wants to blame it on booing. F that clown and anyone who defends him.

baseline bum
11-25-2023, 12:13 AM
I know we have Kobe Branham and Kareem Abdul-Collins who need their shots, but how about not having stretches of 5+ possessions where Victor doesn't touch the ball inside the three point line.

Amuseddaysleeper
11-25-2023, 12:15 AM
Pop should step down with dignity

mikec
11-25-2023, 12:52 AM
Pop should step down with dignity

You're invading his safe space. Stop being a meanie and act with some class. You know better.

z0sa
11-25-2023, 12:55 AM
I know we have Kobe Branham and Kareem Abdul-Collins who need their shots, but how about not having stretches of 5+ possessions where Victor doesn't touch the ball inside the three point line.

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Pauleta14
11-25-2023, 12:56 AM
:lol:lol:lol at Kobe & Karim

Sugus
11-25-2023, 07:50 AM

You know that same thing has been said about multiple drafts that ended up being great, and the opposite thing has been said about drafts that ended up being actually shitty, right?

We're way too far from the draft to know for sure, and even at the draft moment, most teams have no fucking clue how it's gonna turn out. Yea there's no Wembys, but that doesn't mean it's not worth tanking for a top pick (and again, especially so given it'll be significantly more difficult next season with a Sophomore Wemby looking to win).

Sugus
11-25-2023, 07:51 AM
I don't buy into the strength of the draft being a foregone conclusion. People said this draft sucked outside of the top 2 picks and there are plenty of rookies that look like they'll have long NBA careers

Exactly.

LkrFan
11-25-2023, 08:05 AM

Nah, I disagree. Pop is a made man in San Antonio. But let RC 86 Pop and he ends up in LA as a "consultant" - that would be dope. "Hollywood Pop" has a nice ring to it. ;)

You guys just need a PG to right the ship and get your prized rookie great looks:
Make this one franchise changing move and the Spurs will have teams grabbing their ankles and biting their bottom lips. :lol

tapiefan
11-25-2023, 08:32 AM
Here, in France, we are sure our generational talent will not be wasted by being a spurs. But we are sure he's gonna be wasted by being coached by this senile old fuckin coach.

Fire Pop ASAP spurs organization, otherwise, be sure Wemby's advisors will not let the old man ruins their interest.

weebo
11-25-2023, 08:53 AM
Here, in France, we are sure our generational talent will not be wasted by being a spurs. But we are sure he's gonna be wasted by being coached by this senile old fuckin coach.

Fire Pop ASAP spurs organization, otherwise, be sure Wemby's advisors will not let the old man ruins their interest.

Yes and hire Doc Rivers asap :lol

tapiefan
11-25-2023, 09:08 AM
Moreover, if Popovich were the coach of a soccer French first league team, the game where he did what he did with the mic about KL, would have been his last game for sure. Fanbase in France can't stand being disrespected by an organization member, whoever he is. And believe me, soccer fans know how to put pressure on an organization.

Wemby has grown in France and know that. And I'm pretty sure he has been shocked by the way the old man believes he is more important than the spurs organization

Pauleta14
11-25-2023, 10:39 AM
I'm sure most spurs fans would hate the idea but Westbrook between his low salary, huge exp, leadership etc could be an amazing addition

MultiTroll
11-25-2023, 02:10 PM
Moreover, if Popovich were the coach of a soccer French first league team, the game where he did what he did with the mic about KL, would have been his last game for sure. Fanbase in France can't stand being disrespected by an organization member, whoever he is. And believe me, soccer fans know how to put pressure on an organization.

Wemby has grown in France and know that. And I'm pretty sure he has been shocked by the way the old man believes he is more important than the spurs organization
Rack it.
Still super early in Wembys "Spurs with Popped" career, but how do you see this playing out?

MultiTroll
11-25-2023, 02:16 PM

Yes and hire Doc Rivers asap :lol
Dweebo crying about the possibility of a much better team and coach to improve Wemby and the Spurs.
As if Doc Rivers was the only option.

Another lame strawman.

LkrFan
11-25-2023, 02:17 PM
For all you anti-Pop farmers, here is a sneak peak of PRE and POST Pop Spurs:

Pop spoiled y'all for 20+ years and some of you wanna turn on him when the road is not so smooth.

Be lucky Jim - and not Kobe - had Pop for 20 years. That's all I'm a say. SMH

MultiTroll
11-25-2023, 02:25 PM

Pop spoiled y'all for 20+ years and some of you wanna turn on him when the road is not so smooth.

Oh hey it's a Lamer poster happy that the Spurs have Popped. What a surprise.

Isn't there a hosery sale you and some Laker Posters can attend to Armando?

Russo21
11-25-2023, 02:57 PM
He was way out of line in telling us not to boo, but he is 100% right about Trump and the MAGAs. Y'all can go straight to hell. This won't be your country in a decade; learn to live with it.

Not my country now. I'm fortunate enough not to be from there. Just saying what I see in Pops press conferences etc The way he's treated reporters for many years is quite terrible depending on which mood he's in, acting like a high and mighty arrogant smartass. Hoping for more boos for him this season so he can get over himself.

The Truth #6
11-25-2023, 03:31 PM
Throwing feces on the wall in these threads has been entertaining to read. All the writing was on that wall in the Summer but think we got our expectations too high. I don't like the shitty defense or pop chastising fans. But as the franchise always does, they are taking a slow approach so nothing really should be too shocking here. What is shocking is that coach is letting young players play through their mistakes and not micromanaging them. I'm not saying it's a perfect approach, but at least the old man is trying something different. Would I'd rather have a young coach like Becky? Absolutely. But this is the process. The individual talent is better than last year. There are small glimmers. Anyway.

JeffDuncan
11-25-2023, 04:17 PM
For all you anti-Pop farmers, here is a sneak peak of PRE and POST Pop Spurs: …

“Post-Pop Spurs.” Hm. Y’know, I like the sound of that, the way it rolls off the tongue. “Post-Pop Spurs.” Yes, that’s a phrase I could learn to appreciate.

You want Pop for your Fakers? Pop’s been a Faker of a coach for years now. Nobody can fake it like he can. Perfect fit.

Pony up your best 2nd round draft pick and he’s all yours.

weebo
11-25-2023, 04:33 PM
“Post-Pop Spurs.” Hm. Y’know, I like the sound of that, the way it rolls off the tongue. “Post-Pop Spurs.” Yes, that’s a phrase I could learn to appreciate.

You want Pop for your Fakers? Pop’s been a Faker of a coach for years now. Nobody can fake it like he can. Perfect fit.

Doc Rivers!

MultiTroll
11-25-2023, 05:37 PM
https://www.happyclamgifts.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/ata-boy-magnet-mad-magazine-alfred-e-neuman-what-me-worry-324x454.jpgDoc Rivers!

baseline bum
11-25-2023, 06:29 PM

Meh Kobe had Phil Jackson for 11 years and only had scrub ass Byron Scott at the end because no self respecting coach was going there to babysit the Kobe farewell tour.

The Truth #6
11-25-2023, 06:40 PM
Doc Rivers would sign vets and then not play the young players. That's his MO as far as I know. Tyrese Maxed barely played under him, for example. Pop haters will hate Doc too in the end. Non-starter.

TD 21
11-25-2023, 07:04 PM
^ Rivers is not a front office executive, most championship contenders skew older and Maxey, at 20 and 21, played 35.3 and 33.6 mpg respectively the past two seasons.

The Truth #6
11-25-2023, 07:26 PM
I'm talking about earlier. TM dropped 40 one game and should've gotten more minutes. But if you want to pump up Doc, then make an argument.

Russo21
11-26-2023, 08:31 AM
Pops regular season record in seasons with no Tim Duncan

Won 300
Lost 351

Years with Tim Duncan the Spurs had the best % in all major US sports.

Yet sniffers actually believe Pop is the reason for the Spurs success. It's laughable

weebo
11-26-2023, 09:43 AM

Won 300
Lost 351

Yet sniffers actually believe Pop is the reason for the Spurs success. It's laughable

Yet guys like Tim, Tony, and Manu give Pop credit for all those championships…go figure

rankingtear
11-26-2023, 10:01 AM

Won 300
Lost 351

Tim has not won anything without Pop though not in College or Olympics. Probably would have a single chip if he had left for ORL.

Vince Carter's ankle
11-26-2023, 11:33 AM

Won 300
Lost 351

Then why did Tim suck balls in Athens in 2004?

TD 21
11-26-2023, 12:07 PM
:lmao At the apologists, now willing to throw the Spurs GOAT and top 5-10 player of all time under the bus to attempt to give the old white man, who didn't play, even more of the credit than he already receives.

Unbelievable.

Russo21
11-26-2023, 02:31 PM
:lmao At the apologists, now willing to throw the Spurs GOAT and top 5-10 player of all time under the bus to attempt to give the old white man, who didn't play, even more of the credit than he already receives.

Unbelievable.

+1 I'm with you. Yep it's disgusting, blasphemous, unfreaking believable

Obstructed_View
11-26-2023, 02:54 PM
Timmy is top three. Top five to ten is an insult. I have him at two.

Vince Carter's ankle
11-26-2023, 03:05 PM
Timmy is top three. Top five to ten is an insult. I have him at two.
typical homer
you're no better than the lakers fans who rank Kobe in the top 2

poopbox
11-26-2023, 03:19 PM
Yet guys like Tim, Tony, and Manu give Pop credit for all those championships…go figure

He literally can't win half his games without them:lol

Obstructed_View
11-26-2023, 03:57 PM
typical homer
It's a Spurs fan forum, faggot. Of course I'm a homer. But since basketball is a team sport, Timmy is second to Jordan. He was top 5-10 in 2008. Kobe is on the all time one-on-one team.

LeBowen
11-26-2023, 05:15 PM
typical homer

MJ is clearly above everyone else, Duncan has a legit case for top2 depending on what you value more.
No other player in history transformed a franchise as much as he did. Too bad they ruined it since he retired.

MJ transformed the Bulls, but they were still a dysfunctional mess during his time there and immediately went back to garbage tier when he retired the second time.

Obviously Wilt, Kareem and Lebron are behind MJ if we talk ability, then it's between Duncan, Magic, Bird and Russell for final top5 spot.

scott
11-26-2023, 05:18 PM
Duncan is not above LeBron people. Put down your crack pipes.

Gibbz
11-26-2023, 05:24 PM
Duncan is not above LeBron people. Put down your crack pipes.

He shouldn't be, but LeGM had to have everything his way to win. It is because Cleveland was such a shitshow, but it's worth mentioning. MJ and Timmy brought rings to teams that'd never won--LBJ had to politic and team-up his way to Titles, and the Super Team era he ushered in was borderline unwatchable.

kace
11-26-2023, 06:10 PM
He shouldn't be, but LeGM had to have everything his way to win. It is because Cleveland was such a shitshow, but it's worth mentioning. MJ and Timmy brought rings to teams that'd never won--LBJ had to politic and team-up his way to Titles, and the Super Team era he ushered in was borderline unwatchable.

absolutely. What LBJ is still doing at his age is impressive. And way better than what Tim did at the end of his career even if he was still very good and useful.

but LBJ won his four titles with three differents teams not by making them champs by his presence alone, even if he was clearly their best player, but by teaming with others franchise players, not even only good players or stars but franchise players, nothing less.

that's really easier than the way Tim won and that must count for something. and even if LBJ was a very good defender at his best, he's nowhere near Tim's level, influence and longetivity in that side of the court.

widowmaker
11-26-2023, 06:15 PM
absolutely. What LBJ is still doing at his age is impressive. And way better than what Tim did at the end of his career even if he was still very good and useful.

but LBJ won his four titles with three differents teams not by making them champs by his presence alone, even if he was clearly their best player, but by teaming with others franchise players, not even only good players or stars but franchise players, nothing less.

that's really easier than the way Tim won and that must count for something. and even if LBJ was a very good defender at his best, he's nowhere near Tim's level, influence and longetivity in that side of the court.

Must be the steroids and stem cell treatments.

rankingtear
11-26-2023, 07:28 PM

Unbelievable.

if you think about it Tim is the only one who did not play in a giant market in that top 10. Pop and RC bridged that gap.

baseline bum
11-26-2023, 07:32 PM

Yeah fuck LeBron for not winning titles with starters like Sasha Pavlovic, JJ Hickson, and Anthony Parker Jr. He took a supporting cast like the one around Victor currently to 61 and 66 wins but what a faggot not dragging them to a title.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
11-26-2023, 07:52 PM
I love Pop and hope he coaches until he dies on the bench in Q3 of a play-in game at age 95, and Asst Coach Boban has to take over

Allan Rowe vs Wade
11-26-2023, 07:53 PM
Best part of that will be enjoying spurstalkers salty whining for another 20 years

Gibbz
11-26-2023, 08:15 PM
Yeah fuck LeBron for not winning titles with starters like Sasha Pavlovic, JJ Hickson, and Anthony Parker Jr. He took a supporting cast like the one around Victor currently to 61 and 66 wins but what a faggot not dragging them to a title.

His supporting cast was dogshit but the entire East was at that time. That 66-win team lost in six games to 23-YO Dwight Howard and Hedo Turkoglu.

baseline bum
11-26-2023, 08:21 PM
His supporting cast was dogshit but the entire East was at that time. That 66-win team lost in six games to 23-YO Dwight Howard and Hedo Turkoglu.

What a shitty 59 win Magic team.

Gibbz
11-26-2023, 08:32 PM
What a shitty 59 win Magic team.

They didn't even have a PG in that series with Jameer Nelson out, so yes, they were pretty shitty. They had Hedo playing point-forward and 32-YO Skip To My Lou lol

baseline bum
11-26-2023, 08:36 PM
They didn't even have a PG in that series with Jameer Nelson out, so yes, they were pretty shitty. They had Hedo playing point-forward and 32-YO Skip To My Lou lol

I like how you say 23-YO Howard like 23-YO Howard wasn't awesome and fourth in MVP voting.

Gibbz
11-26-2023, 08:43 PM
Yeah, Howard was so awesome it forced LeBron to start GMing. Hence my point.

baseline bum
11-26-2023, 08:46 PM
Yeah, Howard was so awesome it forced LeBron to start GMing. Hence my point.

Your point that fuck LeBron because he couldn't win a title with the team that won 19 games the year he left?

baseline bum
11-26-2023, 08:54 PM
wrong thread

Gibbz
11-26-2023, 08:55 PM
Your point that fuck LeBron because he couldn't win a title with the team that won 19 games the year he left?

I never said fuck LeBron. I said he SHOULD be above Duncan on the GOAT list, but every one of his Titles came through politicking and grouping up with franchise players. Personally, I'd put him #2 despite it--the numbers are just absurd--but I'd never smear someone who put Duncan above him. And yes, he absolutely should've dragged Cleveland past that Magic team.

scott
11-26-2023, 09:06 PM
There is no debate about the best two players of all time. It’s MJ and LeBron. Everyone else is in an argument for third. Anything to the contrary is just the musing of methheads.

Gibbz
11-26-2023, 09:21 PM
There is no debate about the best two players of all time. It’s MJ and LeBron. Everyone else is in an argument for third. Anything to the contrary is just the musing of methheads.

Tiago Splitter third.

Gibbz
11-26-2023, 09:25 PM
If you replace Duncan with LBJ do the Spurs ring in '03?

Pauleta14
11-26-2023, 10:45 PM
An AI that compiled all the NBA data ever recorded draw the conclusion that Timmy was the...2nd!! best player of all time behind MJ

dbestpro
11-26-2023, 11:13 PM
An AI that compiled all the NBA data ever recorded draw the conclusion that Timmy was the...2nd!! best player of all time behind MJ

That’s because Timmy did it in spite of Pop being his head coach. Can’t fool AI.

lefty
11-26-2023, 11:14 PM

link please? :D

baseline bum
11-26-2023, 11:16 PM
That’s because Timmy did it in spite of Pop being his head coach. Can’t fool AI.

Meh stop trying to rewrite history. Pop was a great coach then. You want to see what happens to a star with shitty coaches look at David Robinson. Or Victor this year with a washed up Pop.

Pauleta14
11-27-2023, 12:06 AM
https://youtube.com/shorts/JeL9mo0tR6U?si=bfUT35t0lkKAjOf8

Pauleta14
11-27-2023, 12:07 AM
Timmy is so underrated bc ppl always underrate defense

IIRCC TD had the best NBA defensive PER in his last or penultimate season. insane

z0sa
11-27-2023, 12:09 AM
Timmy is so underrated bc ppl always underrate defense

IIRCC TD had the best NBA defensive PER in his last or penultimate season. insane

Timmy's 2015 showing was truly amazing.

2016 showed the dropoff, though. He was barely a shell of his former self. I just wish they had treated his last year with more pomp. He just faded away, which has never sat well with me. Timmy deserved better.

Pauleta14
11-27-2023, 12:10 AM
And he couldn't even run properly the last decade (or more?) of his career :lol

Riidiculous

spurs1990
11-27-2023, 12:58 AM
They really gave a coach the richest contract extension to go 3-14 with an average loss of 14 pts, with no end in sight to the slide

HemisfairArena
11-27-2023, 01:05 AM
They really gave a coach the richest contract extension to go 3-14 with an average loss of 14 pts, with no end in sight to the slide

Patriots also gave Bill Belichick an extension before the season and Patriot fans are livid and want him gone as bad as Spurs fans with Popovich gone,,,,its comical,,,,both of these coaches are so overrated and the owners/gm give them extensions and their teams are complete trash now,,,,

Vince Carter's ankle
11-27-2023, 03:34 AM
It's a Spurs fan forum, faggot. Of course I'm a homer. But since basketball is a team sport, Timmy is second to Jordan. He was top 5-10 in 2008. Kobe is on the all time one-on-one team.
nope

mudd
11-27-2023, 09:29 AM
Time for us beer drinking, not expensive wine snobs, nose bleed spurs supporting stifs, to start booing our holier then thou stupid head coach and front office for passing up better players for we are smarter than you experts. Live on baseline bums!!!!!!

mudd
11-27-2023, 09:37 AM
Time for us beer drinking, not expensive wine snobs, nose bleed spurs supporting stifs, to start booing our holier then thou stupid head coach and front office for passing up better players for we are smarter than you experts. Live on baseline bums!!!!!!

lefty
11-27-2023, 10:02 AM
https://youtube.com/shorts/JeL9mo0tR6U?si=bfUT35t0lkKAjOf8
Thanks

:lol that Butler pic they used for Jordan

lefty
11-27-2023, 10:05 AM
I never said fuck LeBron. I said he SHOULD be above Duncan on the GOAT list, but every one of his Titles came through politicking and grouping up with franchise players. Personally, I'd put him #2 despite it--the numbers are just absurd--but I'd never smear someone who put Duncan above him. And yes, he absolutely should've dragged Cleveland past that Magic team.
That Orlando team was really good that year
They almost stole one of the fist 2 games in the Finals that year and if it wasn't for SVG being the master of panic and Jameer Nelson having a brain fart in game 4 who knows what would have happened

lefty
11-27-2023, 10:08 AM
MJ is clearly above everyone else, Duncan has a legit case for top2 depending on what you value more.
No other player in history transformed a franchise as much as he did. Too bad they ruined it since he retired.

MJ transformed the Bulls, but they were still a dysfunctional mess during his time there and immediately went back to garbage tier when he retired the second time.

Obviously Wilt, Kareem and Lebron are behind MJ if we talk ability, then it's between Duncan, Magic, Bird and Russell for final top5 spot.
When he retired the 2nd time, Pippen and Rodman left

It wasn't just about Jordan
When he retired the 1st time where they garbage in 93-94? no

I'll take guys like Duncan, Bird, Lebron or Jokic ahead of Mike and Kobe - great individual talents for sure- when it comes to having a real impact on teams

Obstructed_View
11-27-2023, 11:33 AM
nope
Yep

Spurminator
11-27-2023, 12:58 PM

Is Lebron 27 like Duncan was in 2003? If that's the scenario, then without a doubt they ring. Probably the next year too.

Ed Helicopter Jones
11-27-2023, 01:04 PM
Timmy's 2015 showing was truly amazing.

2016 showed the dropoff, though. He was barely a shell of his former self. I just wish they had treated his last year with more pomp. He just faded away, which has never sat well with me. Timmy deserved better.

Tim wouldn't have wanted the pomp, but I agree. He certainly deserved it. A top 5 all-time player retires, and there's hardly a whimper. The Kobe treatment in every arena on a farewell tour would have driven him nuts I think.

Sugus
11-27-2023, 01:11 PM

Jesus does Spurstalk deserve it's reputation... Puro Pinche San Antonio, eh? :lol

Sugus
11-27-2023, 01:20 PM
Throwing feces on the wall in these threads has been entertaining to read. All the writing was on that wall in the Summer but think we got our expectations too high. I don't like the shitty defense or pop chastising fans. But as the franchise always does, they are taking a slow approach so nothing really should be too shocking here. What is shocking is that coach is letting young players play through their mistakes and not micromanaging them. I'm not saying it's a perfect approach, but at least the old man is trying something different. Would I'd rather have a young coach like Becky? Absolutely. But this is the process. The individual talent is better than last year. There are small glimmers. Anyway.

Well said. And TBH, through all the noise and absolutely shitty coaching, it has to be mentioned -- Pop has gone beyond everyone's expectations, in most ways. Good and bad.

We do remember the completely serious posts here, for months last year, about how "no point getting Wemby if he's gonna get sent to the GLeague"? the "Pop would never start a rookie!!"? "Pops ego wouldn't allow him to take a step back and let Wemby be himself, he's gonna 'Lonnie' Wemby OMG!!!" posts? Nevermind the "Spurs are too prideful to tank" etc takes, which are beyond outdated at this point.

It's incredible the breakneck speed at which ST moves the goalpost, if nothing else, to have something and someone to shit on. By all means let's have Fire Pop threads - it'd be nice to have some acknowledgment threads on the other side of the coin, as well. The Spurs are sure taking a "cutting edge" method with this Wemby core for their standard, and a large part of the forum didn't even think them capable of it, and now shit on them because it's not exactly as they imagined.

weebo
11-27-2023, 02:18 PM
He literally can't win half his games without them:lol

Well no shit Sherlock. :lol Try winning anything with a bunch of kids in the NBA. Problem is you all lied to yourselves. You got a once in a lifetime 19 y/o rook and y’all bought into the hype . How many 19 y/o rookies in the modern NBA, on rebuilding teams ever win anything? From day one, we were told that they weren’t going to skip steps—-well here we are “pounding the rock”. This year is nothing more than 82 game preseason. Accept it or tune out and bandwagon back when they start winning—then you can go ahead and tell everyone how you stuck with the team through good times and bad :lol

J_Paco
11-27-2023, 02:35 PM
Well no shit Sherlock. :lol Try winning anything with a bunch of kids in the NBA. Problem is you all lied to yourselves. You got a once in a lifetime 19 y/o rook and y’all bought into the hype . How many 19 y/o rookies in the modern NBA, on rebuilding teams ever win anything? From day one, we were told that they weren’t going to skip steps—-well here we are “pounding the rock”. This year is nothing more than 82 game preseason. Accept it or tune out and bandwagon back when they start winning—then you can go ahead and tell everyone how you stuck with the team through good times and bad :lol

It's both hilarious and pathetic how quickly the same people that wanted the team to bottom out for years and years are now doing an about face. Crying that the team is losing 'too much' and they are losing faith.

So, basically there are a lot of fairweather fans (and trolls) on this and they'll cry/complain regardless of the team's situation.

poopbox
11-27-2023, 03:54 PM

It/s not about winning. It's about being competitive, which the spurs aren't. Sniffers have touted Pop as some mensa level basketball intellect but he legit can't find a way to not lose by double digits to every team in the league no matter how bad they are or how many players they are missing.

Hilarious enough the only other coach in the same position is Monty Williams, another Pop disciple:lol

weebo
11-27-2023, 04:17 PM
It/s not about winning. It's about being competitive, which the spurs aren't. Sniffers have touted Pop as some mensa level basketball intellect but he legit can't find a way to not lose by double digits to every team in the league no matter how bad they are or how many players they are missing.

Hilarious enough the only other coach in the same position is Monty Williams, another Pop disciple:lol

It’s called building a team. Wemby is the cornerstone and he is 20 games into his career. He’s figuring out where he fits in the NBA. A team will be built around him but it’s not happening over night. If you don’t have the patience to watch this team struggle while it’s being built, tune out and comeback when they start to win. It’s that simple.

tim_duncan_fan
11-27-2023, 05:15 PM
It’s called building a team. Wemby is the cornerstone and he is 20 games into his career. He’s figuring out where he fits in the NBA. A team will be built around him but it’s not happening over night. If you don’t have the patience to watch this team struggle while it’s being built, tune out and comeback when they start to win. It’s that simple.

It has nothing to do with winning. It ultimately has nothing to do with competitiveness either. People want to know that Pop is providing coaching to get them to competitiveness. There are 0 signs that he is doing so.

offset formation
11-27-2023, 06:27 PM
Best part of that will be enjoying spurstalkers salty whining for another 20 years

20 years of whining isn't salty. In fact it'd just be cheering in another city after they got the team. SAfan base would never support that kind of run.

I'm all about he bounces it he bounces it being on our coaching bench.

RC_Drunkford
11-27-2023, 06:32 PM
https://i.redd.it/nuhjaekhrk2c1.jpg

:pop: "Can you stop booing this guy, it's not who we are"

Leetonidas
11-27-2023, 06:53 PM

Wtf is this shit. Cut all these bums immediately

poopbox
11-27-2023, 08:12 PM

Plenty of teams "build a team" without bottoming out and being one of the worst teams in the league for two and a half years. I don't think stupidly playing players out of position and loosing by double digits every night is part of "building a team". I don't think repeatedly saying "i am just going to observe" is part of building a team. I think that only happens when your coach is awful.

What exactly has Pop done in two years other than play Sochan out of position and be lucky enough to draft Victor?

itzsoweezee
11-27-2023, 09:39 PM

The problem here is that they are not “pounding the rock”. Pop is just doing silly shit that makes no sense. Playing a 20 year old power forward as the starting point guard is not building anything. It’s just stupid.

Failing to provide ANY veteran leadership presence on the roster is clown shit.

This team was going to be bad no matter what, but what pop is doing is worse than what was expected because his game plan is actively harming these young guys.

Dex
11-27-2023, 10:49 PM
I'm not going to try to defend Pop's handling of this season, but it is what it is.

Winning more games would probably help build some confidence and morale in the locker room, but it also isn't going to help when it comes draft time. Let's be honest, this Spurs team is not going to make any serious noise as currently constructed, even if Wemby starts putting up MVP numbers.

Jesus Christ could walk into that locker room tomorrow and not save this team.

As I've stated before, I just hope the Sochan experiment isn't hurting Victor's development or souring him on the Spurs in general. Either way, might as well start looking forward to the lottery again next year.

We are 3-14 and the losses will continue to pile up because there is no digging out of the hole at this point, so buckle up.

Pauleta14
11-27-2023, 11:26 PM
The main issue isn't just loosing games. It's HOW we loose them

PhantomDashCam
11-27-2023, 11:36 PM
I have to admit the optimism I had coming into the season has well and truly dissipated.

I thought the Spurs would be putting out a product that the fan base could be proud of, competing nightly and showing improvements in key areas of deficiencies the last few seasons ie. Defence, 3 PT Shooting, Chemistry etc.
I was sadly mistaken.

I have several friends who lived through "The Process" years in Philly and were complimentary of the results (mostly), though discussions often painted GM Hinkie as an unintended martyr whose regimes never went all in when the fanbase thought they could of.
(Discussions of drafting Devin Booker, MPJ, D. Fox, keeping M Bridges - all apparently within their range - for other prospects who ultimately failed or moved on).

When we were going through the DDR years, I was adamant that the Spurs couldn't afford the luxury of going through a full-tanking type rebuild like that due the immense cost and seemingly tenured winning culture to which Pop embodies.

Now it appears that is exactly what we're doing.

We were handed a gift from the basketball gods at the draft and while he has performed admirably (especially considering the circumstances), I, perhaps unjustly feel that this karma is not being paid off in good faith...

I don't think basketball is purely about metrics and "Moneyball" type analytics. I think there are genuine lessons to be learned from elite competition every single game, night in and night out yet this team appears to sleep walk through more than its fair share.

An infusion of talent isn't going to change the confounding product being put out on the court at the moment. Youth feels like a cop out at times for this team's performances considering our Head Coach's pedigree.
I believe accountability starts from the top. Pop isn't getting it done as far as I'm concerned.
Every position, rotation minute should be heavily scrutinised. The team should be better than this.

KobesAchilles
11-27-2023, 11:37 PM
What exactly is being built? Serious question. Who on the team do you think is here for the long haul not named Victor or Vassell? Do you think Sochan will be our PG of the future that we are “building?” Who on the coaching staff is going to be here for the team we are “building?” The Spurs historically had 4 losing seasons from inception to post LMA. That’s it. We are a top franchise of all time and that’s the standard I hold them to. You want to lower your standards that’s fine. But don’t bullshit me with we are building something. Not when we have to tear down what we are fucking building right now

tbdog
11-28-2023, 12:34 AM
What exactly is being built? Serious question. Who on the team do you think is here for the long haul not named Victor or Vassell? Do you think Sochan will be our PG of the future that we are “building?” Who on the coaching staff is going to be here for the team we are “building?” The Spurs historically had 4 losing seasons from inception to post LMA. That’s it. We are a top franchise of all time and that’s the standard I hold them to. You want to lower your standards that’s fine. But don’t bullshit me with we are building something. Not when we have to tear down what we are fucking building right now

Sochan being a future pg is just as unlikely as Giannis or Lavene, or Penny, Brent Barry, Batum, Douge Christie etc. The experiment is about Sochan development in the future. I do conceed that decision means other players will have a negative impact on their development.

ismael-robert
11-28-2023, 01:41 AM
Bottom two!

MultiTroll
11-28-2023, 01:55 AM
You sir are not being invited to the Sniffers Ball.

Proxy
11-28-2023, 02:17 AM

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/01/40/fe/0140fe223fd9a53ae4427cb18fabd480.gif

z0sa
11-28-2023, 04:48 AM
Tim wouldn't have wanted the pomp, but I agree. He certainly deserved it. A top 5 all-time player retires, and there's hardly a whimper. The Kobe treatment in every arena on a farewell tour would have driven him nuts I think.

I hear you. Just wish maybe Pop would have grabbed the mic for something like this, rather than protecting Kawhi, yknow?

TD 21
11-28-2023, 05:42 PM
if you think about it Tim is the only one who did not play in a giant market in that top 10. Pop and RC bridged that gap.

Ever think that maybe, just maybe, "Tim" deserves the most credit for his individual/team success (you know, like every best player on a dynasty) and that a combination of the other Hall-of-Famer's deserves the next most?

And don't even attempt to give PATFO credit for no brainer, fully developed Robinson or fluke, fully developed Ginobili.

LkrFan
11-29-2023, 08:11 AM
Oh hey it's a Lamer poster happy that the Spurs have Popped. What a surprise.

Isn't there a hosery sale you and some Laker Posters can attend to Armando?

:lol

Put some respeck on Pop name son. :tu Other fan bases appreciate him more than you farmers. Shameful. SMH

LkrFan
11-29-2023, 08:12 AM

LkrFan
11-29-2023, 08:15 AM
Meh Kobe had Phil Jackson for 11 years and only had scrub ass Byron Scott at the end because no self respecting coach was going there to babysit the Kobe farewell tour.

CIA with Kobe for 20 years gets about 7 ringsPERI:lolD. Pop wouldn't have allowed Shaq to go to Krispy Kreme in 2003 - and balloon up to 415lbs (he admitted it). 2004-2005 NBA titles all deserve an asterisk.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
11-30-2023, 12:07 AM

Put some respeck on Pop name son. :tu Other fan bases appreciate him more than you farmers. Shameful. SMH

Gracias, Pepito

Arcadian
11-30-2023, 01:28 AM

Not with Rookie Lebron, no. That would be like replacing current Jokic with Wembanyama.

spursparker9
11-30-2023, 08:11 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZ9WaAChtx0

Obstructed_View
11-30-2023, 10:19 AM
I blame the abandonment of the Think Tank.

ambchang
11-30-2023, 04:06 PM
CIA with Kobe for 20 years gets about 7 ringsPERI:lolD. Pop wouldn't have allowed Shaq to go to Krispy Kreme in 2003 - and balloon up to 415lbs (he admitted it). 2004-2005 NBA titles all deserve an asterisk.

So whenever the lakers lose, even when it’s their own fault, would lead to an asterisk for another team? Like in 05 when the lakers couldn’t even make the playoffs and shaq was second in MVP voting with Miami and somehow the champs should get a title? I don’t really get it.