redskinfan
05-07-2006, 05:30 PM
any thoughts?

exstatic
05-07-2006, 05:31 PM
What?

Buddy Holly
05-07-2006, 05:32 PM
I think AJ likes to give bear hugs to big sweaty men.

redskinfan
on AJ's rant saying Dirk was bear hugged today

Spurologist
NBA forum

redskinfan
05-07-2006, 05:33 PM
you never hear POP complaining like that

Kori Ellis
05-07-2006, 05:38 PM
Avery complains about fouls/officiating -- that's something Pop never does. Pop is very against that kind of talk and doesn't let the players do it either.

Buddy Holly
05-07-2006, 05:39 PM
Maybe AJ shouldn't use a pussy to lead his team.

Problem solved.

redskinfan
05-07-2006, 05:40 PM
yeah, I thought AJ was cut from the same mold I guess not

redskinfan
05-07-2006, 05:43 PM
Maybe AJ shouldn't use a pussy to lead his team.

Problem solved.

good point Terry sux I thought he was better than that

Hook Dem
05-07-2006, 05:45 PM
Avery is really enjoying the theatrics. Hell, he must have called George Karl. He said he was going to have to teach his kids the new brand of basketball that Bruce was playing. Remember??? Now, we have "bearhug"? GMAFB! :lol

Das Texan
05-07-2006, 05:46 PM
Avery complains about fouls/officiating -- that's something Pop never does. Pop is very against that kind of talk and doesn't let the players do it either.

Obviously Avery didnt learn everything from Pop.

He probably picked that up from Nellie.

texbumTHElife
05-07-2006, 05:57 PM
Wow I just lost a TON of respect for Avery Johnson.

Look for the refs to call Bowen super tight when guarding Dirk in game two now.

Totally classless move. I might have to change mind about who to root for if Dallas gets past us now.

cherylsteele
05-07-2006, 06:00 PM
I was just thinking the same thing
And yes Game 2 will be probably be called much tighter, I just hope the refs are consistant with the calls. I know...that will not happen.

BlueShark#6
05-07-2006, 06:01 PM

Totally classless move. I might have to change mind about who to root for if Dallas gets past us now.
coaches pi$$ and moan about bowens D every year, he will be alright.

Winnipeg_Spur
I saw that too. Pretty ridiculous, if anyone was playing bear hug defense it was Dampier on Duncan. The refs swallowed their whistles down the stretch, and as long as they're fairly consistent I've got no beef with the officials.

Das Texan
guess we will see one of

dick bavetta
jack nies
bennett salvatore

tuesday night.

great.

texbumTHElife
05-07-2006, 06:02 PM
I think they were very good and consistent today but I wish they would let both teams play a little bit more. This is going to be a closely contested hard fought series and both teams are going to need as much momentum as possible. Having the refs constantly kill the momentum kills watching games on TV.

I think what we have to worry about is how super tight they will call our defense in Dallas.

timvp
05-07-2006, 06:10 PM
AJ has to do whatever it takes to get Bowen into foul trouble or this series could be over.

picnroll
05-07-2006, 06:11 PM
AJ whines not infrequently about reffing. Too much time with Nellie and Cuban. Suck it up and be a man AJ.

Stayed tuned for Cubans tapes to be sent to the league office.

Kori Ellis
05-07-2006, 06:14 PM
When Bowen gets called for fouls, all that he does is concentrate more and put up his hands up even more. We saw that in the second half today. He got into foul trouble early in the first and then in the second half, he went "Edward Scissorhands" on Dirk and made him look foolish. Dirk had only one basket in the 4th and that was just that breakaway dunk after Manu's turnover.

And then to top it off, Bruce buried a clutch 3.

I have no worries about Bowen no matter what AJ has to say.

texbumTHElife
05-07-2006, 06:16 PM
Its not so much the effect on Bowen that worries me as it is the trickle down effect on the rest of the D.

picnroll
05-07-2006, 06:19 PM
Somebody tell AJ bitches jerseys don't hang in the AT&T center.

Kori Ellis
05-07-2006, 06:24 PM
Bruce answered AJ's "bearhug" comments.

"This has the feel of an NBA Finals," said Bowen, who shrugged it off when Johnson's bear hug comment was relayed to him. "It used to bother me. You would think you try to earn the respect of other coaches, and you'd think they'd be happy with what you do because you give 110 percent. But it's something that's said a lot, so add him to the mini-list of others who want to say stuff."

Say Good Night Mavericks.

Sii
05-07-2006, 06:24 PM
Cubans already posted a blog about how bad the refs in the NBA since the game ended

Kori Ellis
05-07-2006, 06:25 PM
Cubans already posted a blog about how bad the refs in the NBA since the game ended

:lol As Expected.

exstatic
05-07-2006, 06:25 PM
Somebody tell AJ bitches jerseys don't hang in the AT&T center.
Notice his is missing...what happened to the rumors of this past March? :smokin I think it may be raised when he stops sleeping with the enemy.

AJ's been drinking the Cuban/Nellie bitch kool-aid too long. He's lost his Spur toughness. Good for us.

Hook Dem
05-07-2006, 06:33 PM
http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/6438/maverickssuck7ls.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Obstructed_View
05-07-2006, 06:33 PM
Don't tell me: He's posting it due to his interest in the good of the game, not because his team just lost and he's a pathetic crybaby.

sa_butta
05-07-2006, 06:36 PM
So will this change the officiating in game 2? Will Bowen be getting ticky tacky fouls?

T Park
05-07-2006, 06:40 PM
Game 2 will be alot like game 2 vs Seattle last year.

Ginobili, Parker, Duncan, and Fin, Horry or Barry gotta bring it even more.

They will have to bring more defensive intensity as well to help Bruce out, as bitching bitches Johnson and Nowitzki will get their fellatio reffing tuesday.

pking
05-07-2006, 06:47 PM
Ah, I didn't even take that as a negative -- I guess I should've looked at it that way. I thought he was saying he played great D on Dirk....didn't take it like he was saying it was illegal D.

Kori Ellis
05-07-2006, 06:50 PM
Ah, I didn't even take that as a negative -- I guess I should've looked at it that way. I thought he was saying he played great D on Dirk....didn't take it like he was saying it was illegal D.

I actually thought it was complimentary at first too .. that he was saying Bowen guarded Dirk really tight and they'd have to try to do something to get Dirk going.

But then after I heard the Dirk interview, Bowen's response to AJ's comments, and Cuban complaining ... I thought maybe Avery was just bitching about the refs without directly bitching so that he wouldn't get fined.

By Bowen's comments, he obviously feels a little disrespected by AJ, which probably will fire him up even more.

T Park
05-07-2006, 06:52 PM
Dirk had 2 points, and it was on a breakaway dunk while he kept looking behind himself hoping Bowen wasn't anywhere close.

What a bunch of whining bitches....

Spurs have already got a huge edge mentally obviously.

pking
05-07-2006, 06:57 PM
I actually thought it was complimentary at first too .. that he was saying Bowen guarded Dirk really tight and they'd have to try to do something to get Dirk going.

But then after I heard the Dirk interview, Bowen's response to AJ's comments, and Cuban complaining ... I thought maybe Avery was just bitching about the refs without directly bitching so that he wouldn't get fined.

By Bowen's comments, he obviously feels a little disrespected by AJ, which probably will fire him up even more.

Maybe everybody else just misunderstood? :lol Who knows. Contrary to what a few people have said on here, AJ doesn't typically bitch about the refs and stuff like that (he leaves that upto Cuban! lol who honestly, hasn't been that bad about it this year in comparison to years past)

Das Texan
05-07-2006, 07:33 PM
The Mavs might want to really be worried, especially after those comments, dont thye know what happens when this occurs.

????????
05-07-2006, 07:44 PM
I thought the officiating was fairly consistent, but that the Mavs got away with a lot of interior contact and that the Spurs were called for some touch bullshit (like when Manu got whistled in the 1st for stripping Dirk with all ball).

Why is it that the NBA, NFL, MLB are billion dollar industries but still can't seem to shell out enough to have FULL TIME PAID OFFICIALS? These guys should be full time, year round employees who are constantly working to get better at their craft. It makes NO sense to have this much money and power at stake and not shell out an extra mil or two to make sure you have the BEST officials, and that they are constantly training to be better.

ShoogarBear
05-07-2006, 07:47 PM
Why is it that the NBA, NFL, MLB are billion dollar industries but still can't seem to shell out enough to have FULL TIME PAID OFFICIALS?
:huh

The NFL is the only league that doesn't have full-time officials.

Das Texan
05-07-2006, 07:47 PM
I wasnt aware of MLB umpires having outside jobs, maybe in the offseason, but definitely not in year.

Same with NBA officials.

????????
05-07-2006, 07:54 PM
I wasnt aware of MLB umpires having outside jobs, maybe in the offseason, but definitely not in year.

Same with NBA officials.
Ok. I may be wrong about the NBA and MLB, but I knew NFL didnt have full time officials. Basically I was saying that NONE of these guys should have any other jobs. If they do, they shouldnt. And if the NBA officals dont have any other job and do this full time year round, then there are many of these guys who need to be FIRED IMMEDIATELY because they still suck.

whottt
05-07-2006, 07:58 PM
Excellent.

FWIW, I always figured TimVP could be saved from the Darkside...I guess we'll find out this series.

This little dialogue between Bruce(take one for the team Bowen) and Avery(take the $$$) Johnson should just about be the final straw. Hmmm not sure if those are the best nic names I could use...

How about Bruce(I held an MVP candidate bigmen to 20% shooting) Bowen VS Avery(I let a Laker scrub shoot 90% from 3 against us in the WCF) Johnson?

If nothing else it adds a hell of a lot little subplots to this series, such as:

Will TimVP injure himself straddling this line?

Will he be happy or sad at the unusual chill found in the air of the Ellis home this hot Texas summer?

I have so much to say on this subject...

Nah, I think I'll just sit back and enjoy it.

What's the old expression? Give a fool enough rope and he'll eventually hang himself? Thank you AJ...for being AJ.

Cue AJ apologist of either the MavFan or TimVP variety in

spurster
05-07-2006, 08:51 PM
any thoughts?
Yes, if Dirk is going to dribble into Bowen, Bowen is going to stick to him like strudel.

CharlieMac
05-07-2006, 09:09 PM
This city will hate AJ by game 5.

makedamnsure
05-07-2006, 09:14 PM
What's Cuban's blog?

Shank
05-07-2006, 09:19 PM
Blogmaverick.com

But I don't see this bitching everyone's talking about.

picnroll
05-07-2006, 09:21 PM
Blogmaverick.com

But I don't see this bitching everyone's talking about.
How is it Ms. Cuban says nothing about reffing until an hour after a loss? Coincidence?

LilMissSPURfect
05-07-2006, 09:21 PM
"win Or Go Home"!!!

Shank
05-07-2006, 09:26 PM
How is it Ms. Cuban says nothing about reffing until an hour after a loss? Coincidence?

As you know, he's always commenting on the refs. The timing of this one seems to be poor. I would hope, for his sake, that he wrote most of this over the weekend and it was largely coincidence that it was posted this afternoon. If not - it comes off as sour grapes.

Obstructed_View
05-07-2006, 09:27 PM
His previous officiating related post was right after a loss to the Spurs, as were the "Dairy Queen" comments.

DannyT
05-07-2006, 09:28 PM

now what wouldbe really tight is if we could IM cuban and send him a link to this site an have his ass post up in here

is there a way to do that.......but i serioulsy doubt a billionaire like herself would have the ta'ta's to show up here anyways

but would be nice

SAGambler
05-07-2006, 09:30 PM
Spurs have already got a huge edge mentally obviously.

Spurs had a huge mental edge going in. For all their bravado talk, the Mavs all wonder deep down inside, if in fact they really are good enough to beat a playoff tested team like the Spurs.

Look at all the free throws they missed today... That's jitters and butterflies in the stomach causing that. Do you think they miss those free throws in a regular season game? No way........

And the deeper hole the Spurs can dig for them, the worse it's going to get. Let the Spurs get a 10 or 12 point lead in Tuesdays game, and you can look for Dirk to start going off on his teammates...

Let the Spurs win by 10 or 12 Tuesday night, and you are going to hear the old, well, all they did was hold serve, but down inside they will be telling themselves they might as well get the fishing gear ready, because they have seen this scenario before.

Yep, the Spurs certainly have a huge mental edge on them. Now all they gotta do is take advantage of it...
:flag: :flag: :flag:

Shank
05-07-2006, 09:31 PM
now what wouldbe really tight is if we could IM cuban and send him a link to this site an have his ass post up in here

is there a way to do that.......but i serioulsy doubt a billionaire like herself would have the ta'ta's to show up here anyways

but would be nice

I'm sure Cuban would really love to take the time to visit fucking spurstalk.com just to reply to what DannyT says.

picnroll
05-07-2006, 09:33 PM
As you know, he's always commenting on the refs. The timing of this one seems to be poor. I would hope, for his sake, that he wrote most of this over the weekend and it was largely coincidence that it was posted this afternoon. If not - it comes off as sour grapes.
I can't remeber a single time Cuban went public with complaints about reffing after a win. Always after losses. The guy is a complete hypocrit and a joke.

picnroll
05-07-2006, 09:34 PM
I'm sure Cuban would really love to take the time to visit fucking spurstalk.com just to reply to what DannyT says.
I think he's too busy trying to get into NY nightclubs.

DannyT
05-07-2006, 09:34 PM

well not only now ...but maybe it would help him pass the time in a few weeks when your ass' are FISHIN!!!

Obstructed_View
05-07-2006, 09:40 PM
He'll have some extra time starting in the next couple of weeks.

infinite styles
05-07-2006, 09:54 PM
AJ's trying to get some help from the officials in game two. It is fucked up though that you have to resort to that instead of just playing the damn game. Bowen plays great D period. Get the fuck over it.

picnroll
05-07-2006, 10:11 PM
Keep it up AJ and Spur's give Manu your number before game 2.

foodie2
05-07-2006, 10:12 PM
This city will hate AJ by game 5.

Then I'm about 7 or 8 years ahead of the game, because I've always thought he was an overrated loudmouth troublemaking POS. I've seen nothing so far today to change my opinion.

Shank
05-07-2006, 10:19 PM
Then I'm about 7 or 8 years ahead of the game, because I've always thought he was an overrated loudmouth troublemaking POS. I've seen nothing so far today to change my opinion.

Quick - name the Spurs all-time assists leader. Fucking ingrate.

Tek_XX
05-07-2006, 10:22 PM
I've always disliked AJ after he left the Spurs. Maybe it was the vibes he sent out that he is so over the Spurs, unlike a David Robinson or Sean Elliot who are still avid Spurs fans. It doesn't feel right to raise his number to the rafters, and with our low standards for raising digits that would be a slap in the face.

Oh and his "bear Hug" comments are totally against the refs because obviously a bear hug would be illegal. Makes you wonder if he stayed up late last night thinking of something to bitch about against Bowens play on Dirt.

picnroll
05-07-2006, 10:22 PM
Too bad Strickland was such a headcase or the Spurs would have had a quality PG for DRob's prime.

shelshor
05-07-2006, 10:27 PM
So do ya'll think Bruce would like "Huggy Bear" better than he likes "The Rash"?

LilMissSPURfect
05-07-2006, 10:52 PM
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/pt/photos/2006/05/060507_NS_07DAMPgrab.jpg

I see where AVERY has the right to gripe about the BEAR defense!!!! :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag:

SANANTOJAMES
05-07-2006, 10:53 PM
thats more like bear claw defense

picnroll
05-07-2006, 10:57 PM
Is that Rasho Damp's trying to pants? Mavs studying Nuggets game film to pickup Evan's defense?

2centsworth
05-07-2006, 10:58 PM
He's showing Parker that his hand smell's like Eva's snatch after the Mavs ran a train on her before the game.
definitely a mavs fan, no class.

SANANTOJAMES
05-07-2006, 11:03 PM
yeah, he grabbed his nuts. thats freakin funny

BigD1
05-07-2006, 11:07 PM
Dirk had 2 points, and it was on a breakaway dunk while he kept looking behind himself hoping Bowen wasn't anywhere close.

What a bunch of whining bitches....

Spurs have already got a huge edge mentally obviously.Dirk will have a much better game on Tues. Duncan can't play any better. AJ will make adjustments. The game could have gone either way. Dallas wins game 2 and steals homecourt.

Mavtek
05-07-2006, 11:12 PM
I'm so fucking confused here? I read the quote, AJ said Bowen used "bear hug defense" is this some derogatory comment? Was it somehoe insulting to someone? Personally I'd find that to be a compliment.

Could it must mean that Bowen locked Dirk down? Who knows? But know this, it wasn't the defended shots Dirk was missing it was the one where he was wide open! LOL!

Kori Ellis
05-07-2006, 11:14 PM
But know this, it wasn't the defended shots Dirk was missing it was the one where he was wide open! LOL!

Like the one on the last possession of the game where he was supposed to shoot but couldn't get a shot off, so he made a bad pass to Terry?

Or the one he missed in the lane the possession before that?

Mavtek
05-07-2006, 11:36 PM
Like the one on the last possession of the game where he was supposed to shoot but couldn't get a shot off, so he made a bad pass to Terry?

Or the one he missed in the lane the possession before that?

If I'm not mistaken Dirk was falling down, and the pass was to Stack not Terry, it wasn't a good pass, but they often aren't when you are falling down. Yea like the one he missed in the lane 2 posessions before that, it's called a free throw.........

gameFACE
05-07-2006, 11:38 PM
AJ just doesn't have very much playoff coaching experience. Those are bitter comments.

SequSpur
05-07-2006, 11:39 PM
Shank is a tool.

Kori Ellis
05-07-2006, 11:41 PM
If I'm not mistaken Dirk was falling down, and the pass was to Stack not Terry, it wasn't a good pass, but they often aren't when you are falling down. Yea like the one he missed in the lane 2 posessions before that, it's called a free throw.........

Sorry I typed Terry not Stack. Maybe he was falling down and unable to get a shot off because he was being defended? Maybe?

Shank
05-07-2006, 11:42 PM
Shank is a tool.

That's not breaking news.

LilMissSPURfect
05-07-2006, 11:50 PM
Keep it up AJ and Spur's give Manu your number before game 2.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b4/gulygeek/MANU6.jpg

ooops too late...... :madrun

Mavtek
05-07-2006, 11:50 PM
Sorry I typed Terry not Stack. Maybe he was falling down and unable to get a shot off because he was being defended? Maybe?

Yea it didn't hurt that he tripped on Bowen's feet, I think everyone was being "defended" during the game. Bottom line he missed a free throw down the stretch and quite a few wide open jumpers of the 8 shots he made I'd say 7 of them were well defended.

So you disagree that Dirk missed some key free throws, and a few wide open jumpers while hitting tightly defended shots?

Kori Ellis
05-07-2006, 11:56 PM
So you disagree that Dirk missed some key free throws, and a few wide open jumpers while hitting tightly defended shots?

No I don't disagree that he missed some crucial free throws. But I think your statement that the only shots he missed were the wide open ones is silly. He missed 12 shots; sure a couple were wide open jumpers but the majority were contested.

Viva Las Espuelas
05-08-2006, 12:08 AM
is it me, or is avery assuming everything is his fault getting annoying. i mean, he's already trying to get COY for next year. he should say his team wasn't executing and say they'll have to work on it. not "blame me". "it's my fault". scoring 4 more points in the SECOND HALF than the 1ST QUARTER is pretty pathetic.

Mavtek
05-08-2006, 12:19 AM
No I don't disagree that he missed some crucial free throws. But I think your statement that the only shots he missed were the wide open ones is silly. He missed 12 shots; sure a couple were wide open jumpers but the majority were contested.

Yes of course I was being sarcastic, or silly as one might put it, but many of those missed shots were wide open and free throws don't get anymore wide open. On the season, Dirk is a %90 free throw shooter, I'd have to say his %67 was subpar tonight. It's safe to say the Spurs are in his head. As they are in many of the Mavs heads, why I don't know.

Kori Ellis
05-08-2006, 12:25 AM
It's safe to say the Spurs are in his head. As they are in many of the Mavs heads, why I don't know.

On that same subject ...
Do Dirk's postgame comments like "I know I'm not going to get 35 in this series" or him referring to Terry's bad day, etc., worry you? Did it seem like he has already conceded that he's not going to be able to do well?

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
05-08-2006, 12:27 AM
The Mavs gave away too many points on the road. You can't do that against a quality team like the Spurs and expect to win...

A-Train
05-08-2006, 12:28 AM
:lol

Oh no, AJ is trying to help his player out and suddenly it's a major issue. Of course the Mavs need to do whatever they can to get some help from the zebras for Bruce's D.

Trainwreck2100
05-08-2006, 12:29 AM
Instead of blaming the refs, maybe they should TEACH DIRK HOW TO FUCKING POST!!!

DannyT
05-08-2006, 12:34 AM
Instead of blaming the refs, maybe they should TEACH DIRK HOW TO FUCKING POST!!!

i said that same shit in another post.....does this fucker not know how to post up a man he owers by over 5 inches and dop step or fade away from there?

and like i said before you all should know that the block is only a place for true ballers and hustlers .....which honestly leaves dirk out at half court

A-Train
05-08-2006, 12:40 AM
You know, opponents complain about shit that's working in order to try to get some favor from the refs. Plenty of coaches do it and like it or not, it often works. Karl whined about Manu last year. Bowen's been the target of any number of now famous belly-aching. AJ wouldn't be doing his job if he didn't try to make out Bowen's D to be worthy of a closer review.

Some Spurs fans are going to off themselves when AJ's # is retired, I'm afraid.

whottt
05-08-2006, 12:47 AM
You know, opponents complain about shit that's working in order to try to get some favor from the refs. Plenty of coaches do it and like it or not, it often works. Karl whined about Manu last year. Bowen's been the target of any number of now famous belly-aching. AJ wouldn't be doing his job if he didn't try to make out Bowen's D to be worthy of a closer review.

Some Spurs fans are going to off themselves when AJ's # is retired, I'm afraid.

"Add him," Bowen said, "to the list of many others who said stuff."

Sorry but Bruce makes it clear that the line has been drawn...

You guys need to GET your fucking lips off AJ's sac...you guys know who you are.

Never thought I'd see the day SpursFans would side with an enemy coach when he takes piss on one our players...well scratch that, they've already done it when he pissed on Manu and Tony...I never expected they'd suck his balls right after a playoff game, while he is dissing the guy that pretty much won the fucking game for us...when that guy is making it clear that he didn't like those comments...

Maybe you'd be more comfortable at MavFan.com..

Oh well...at least you'll be happy no matter who win the series...

Why don't you go buy yourself a shirt that says I like to bend over and take it up the ass from Avery Johnson.

A-Train
05-08-2006, 12:49 AM
Take your meds.

Did I state that AJ was correct in his assessment? No. I merely pointed out that it's a part of playoff gamesmanship that's been around for eternity in the NBA.

whottt
05-08-2006, 12:54 AM

In case something was lost in the translation...Bruce is referring to the list that has Ray Allen and Vince Cater etc on it.

God I wish AJ was still playing and would get the chance to get a "hug" from Bruce....Hmmm a Sczerbiak would be more enjoyable.

A-Train
05-08-2006, 12:57 AM
Good, I hope Bruce is motivated a little more. Still doesn't change the fact that AJ is saying that shit because he's trying to work the refs. Also doesn't change the fact that it's pretty stupid for fans to get pissed about.

whottt
05-08-2006, 01:01 AM
Good, I hope Bruce is motivated a little more. Still doesn't change the fact that AJ is saying that shit because he's trying to work the refs. Also doesn't change the fact that it's pretty stupid for fans to get pissed about.

timvp
05-08-2006, 01:04 AM
You do realize that Bowen heard the comments like fourth hand thru a scrub reporter who misquoted AJ, right?

whottt
05-08-2006, 01:05 AM
Sigh...

timvp
05-08-2006, 01:06 AM
I'll take that as a no.

:hat

Kori Ellis
05-08-2006, 01:07 AM
Like I said earlier in this thread, when AJ first said it, I thought he just meant that Bowen was playing Dirk really tight and they'd have to find a way to break thru it.

After I thought about it, then I think that he was just trying to indirectly bitch about the refs.

whottt
05-08-2006, 01:08 AM
Fight it TimVP...I know you are better than this...I saw the pain on your face in the game 3 loss to the Kings. You can beat this....

timvp
05-08-2006, 01:09 AM
:wtf

whottt
05-08-2006, 01:09 AM
Like I said earlier in this thread, when AJ first said it, I thought he just meant that Bowen was playing Dirk really tight and they'd have to find a way to break thru it.

After I thought about it, then I think that he was just trying to indirectly bitch about the refs.

Oh god...and I was counting on you to help me pull TimVP through this...I thougth I saw signs of you breaking out of the Spell...

:depressed

timvp
05-08-2006, 01:10 AM
What is whottt talking about now? What does AJ have to do with Game 3 versus the Kings?

Any help?

whottt
05-08-2006, 01:10 AM

Do not forget your fallen king!

timvp
05-08-2006, 01:11 AM
"AJ said that you were playing dirty bearhug defense on Dirk. What do you think about that?"

--the reporter

Kori Ellis
05-08-2006, 01:12 AM
Oh god...and I was counting on you to help me pull TimVP through this...I thougth I saw signs of you breaking out of the Spell...

:depressed

I don't even like AJ :lol but I'm just saying what I thought he meant when he said it. I was right there and I thought at first he was being complimentary to Bruce's D. Afterward, I thought he was probably bitching about the refs (especially since Cuban supposedly is bitching about it too).

whottt
05-08-2006, 01:16 AM
And? That is what AJ said...he said Bruce was fouling Dirk...

I mean hey...that's all Ray Allen is saying. That's all Ray is really trying to do...get some calls in his favor.

Just like AJ.

T Park
05-08-2006, 01:18 AM
AJ must have told Whottt to fuck off when whottt stood in line for 3 hours to get his autograph.

Other than that? His childish hate of Avery Johnson is unfounded.

in 5 years when Avery is coaching this team, I guess WHotttttttttttttt is gonna root for the, Orlando Magic I guess I dunno.

MannyIsGod
Whottt, I loved AJ back in the day. I've stood by TimVP. I'm now with you. That short shit is on the other side now, and its war.

Time to add AJ to the bitch list. Its on.

Kori Ellis
And? That is what AJ said...he said Bruce was fouling Dirk...

I mean hey...that's all Ray Allen is saying. That's all Ray is really trying to do...get some calls in his favor.

Just like AJ.

And nothing. AJ obviously is taking after Nellie/Cuban rather than Pop in this regard because Pop never stoops to bitching about the refs or disrespecting opponents. Bowen will get the last laugh when AJ is watching Bowen in the WCF/Finals.

T Park
05-08-2006, 01:20 AM
What does AJ have to do with Game 3 versus the Kings?

The germans bombed pearl harbor, so i guess its not over.

Whatever.

timvp
05-08-2006, 01:20 AM
I hope AJ gets his azz swept but whottt is just reaching for reasons to hate AJ. Even if AJ called Bowen a dirty, cowardly, overrated CBA player that wouldn't change the fact that AJ led the team to the 1999 title.

T Park
05-08-2006, 01:21 AM
I don't think thats what Avery meant obviously.

Was he followed up on those comments?

Was he asked to define the bearhug in that it was good defense or he was getting away with alot?

If he wasn't asked that, assumptions are not good to make.

whottt
05-08-2006, 01:21 AM
http://dosan.skku.ac.kr/~sjkim/icons/Hobby/Figure/DarthVader(Medicom)_03.jpg = http://www.cantstopthebleeding.com/img/Avery_Johnson.jpg

T Park
05-08-2006, 01:22 AM
Even if AJ called Bowen a dirty, cowardly, overrated CBA player that wouldn't change the fact that AJ led the team to the 1999 title.

DAMN LJ GET IT RIGHT.

You know the Coyote gave his heart and soul for that ring.

timvp
05-08-2006, 01:22 AM
Star Trek smack?

New low.

Kori Ellis
05-08-2006, 01:23 AM

Was he asked to define the bearhug in that it was good defense or he was getting away with alot?

I think that AJ was saying it to bitch about the officiating without directly bitching (otherwise he'd get fined).

T Park
What next, is he gonna make OJ try on the gloves?

MannyIsGod
Star Trek smack?

New low.LJ will never be accused of being a nerd. :lol

T Park
05-08-2006, 01:24 AM
I think that AJ was saying it to bitch about the officiating without directly bitching

He may have.

I just wish the reporters would've badgered him on the "bearhug" comment.

If AJ didn't mean it that way, then the air needs to be cleared.

Oh by the way, if he did, I cant wait to hear Don Harris squiggle his ass out of this.

Parker is already throwing eggs at his gigantic bald dome, cant wait to hear what he says about his fellatio buddy.

whottt
05-08-2006, 01:24 AM
Fuck it...I can't find a picture of TimVP to do the Luke Skywalker comparison...

TPark you schitzy...if I dig back I know I can find a thread of you dissing AJ.

T Park
05-08-2006, 01:26 AM
TPark you schitzy...if I dig back I know I can find a thread of you dissing AJ.

Im on the fence on Avery.

Does he deserve to have his number retired? No.

Does he deserve credit for leading the team to the championship in 99? Yes

timvp
Fuck it...I can't find a picture of TimVP to do the Luke Skywalker comparison...

Yeah because I would understand what that'd mean. Might as well break out your WWF smack.

Kori Ellis
He may have.

I just wish the reporters would've badgered him on the "bearhug" comment.

They did.

You didn't hear the interview?

T Park
Do you smell, what TIMVP is cookin?

whottt
05-08-2006, 01:27 AM
DAMN LJ GET IT RIGHT.

You know the Coyote gave his heart and soul for that ring.

Coyote>AJ...even Reggie the fat one.

And furthermore TimVP...You are right that it doesn't change the fact that AJ lead us to the 99 title...it doesn't change that fact because it was Mario Elie that did that...

AJ was here for 8 years pior=0 titles.

Mario Elie's first year = title.

Who called out the team at 6-8? AJ or Mario Elie...

T Park
They did.

You didn't hear the interview?

No, all ive heard is this comment, and how avery takes 100% of the blame for the loss.

I was driving home during the press conferences.

T Park
Coyote>AJ...

bedtime for bonzo..........

Kori Ellis
05-08-2006, 01:28 AM

And furthermore...You are right that it doesn't change the fact that AJ lead us to the 99 title...it doesn't change that fact because it was Mario Elie that did that...

We don't need to re-live the I love AJ-I hate AJ saga in this series.

Every Spurs fan should just hate AJ (or at least dislike him) until this series his over. He's the leader of the enemy :lol

T Park
05-08-2006, 01:28 AM
You are right that it doesn't change the fact that AJ lead us to the 99 title...it doesn't change that fact because it was Mario Elie that did that...

Who are you, John Kerry?!?!?

T Park
05-08-2006, 01:29 AM
Every Spurs fan should just hate AJ

sorry, can't hate the future coach :lol

timvp
05-08-2006, 01:30 AM

And furthermore TimVP...You are right that it doesn't change the fact that AJ lead us to the 99 title...it doesn't change that fact because it was Mario Elie that did that...

The coyote was on the team for like 19 years and David was on the team for a decade. Are you saying Elie > DRob > Coyote > AJ?

You better go tell Scottie to beam you up some more knowledge because your logic is faulty.

whottt
05-08-2006, 01:31 AM
And furthermore...anyone think it was a mere coincidence that Tim Duncan was playing like a man posessed today. I don't. Watch what happens the rest of this series...

timvp
05-08-2006, 01:32 AM
That's what happens when teams try to single-team him.

Kori Ellis
05-08-2006, 01:32 AM
No, all ive heard is this comment, and how avery takes 100% of the blame for the loss.

I was driving home during the press conferences.

http://broadband.nba.com/cc/playa.php?content=video&url=http://boss.streamos.com/wmedia/nba/nbacom/press_conf/playoffs_pc_dalsas_060507.asx

He's right after Pop.

whottt
05-08-2006, 01:33 AM
The coyote was on the team for like 19 years and David was on the team for a decade. Are you saying Elie > DRob > Coyote > AJ?

No...when the Coyote was offered more $$$ to go be the Nugget in Denver did he take it? No he did not...and the whole sorry incident was quickly forgotten...

Connect the dots...

timvp
05-08-2006, 01:34 AM
No...when the Coyote was offered more $$$ to go be the Nugget in Denver did he take it? No he did not...and the whole sorry incident was quickly forgotten...

Connect the dots...

Captain Kirk didn't offer AJ a contract so he left the mothership.

T Park
05-08-2006, 01:35 AM
so AJ shouldve stayed, been a 3rd point guard, for the league minimum.

Just because you say?

Im sure hed love to hear that.

BTW,

Avery started double teaming in the 4th quarter, hence the reason it stayed close and the Spurs didn't pull away.

Im sure in game 2 Duncan will have to drop to 20 a game and Ginobili, Barry, Horry, Parker and others will have to step up.

T Park
05-08-2006, 01:36 AM
Captain Kirk didn't offer AJ a contract so he left the mothership.

I thought it was captain steubing....

whottt
05-08-2006, 01:36 AM
Bruce = Takes a huge paycut to be a starter for the SA Spurs...

AJ, takes the most he can get even if it means being a Nugget scrub.

Bruce = Mr. Spur..

AJ= Not fit to carry his jock, on the court of off of it.

Bruce =10 times the heart of the Spurs that AJ was on his best day...

And I gurantee you this...Pop would back that point up.

AJ picked the wrong Spur to fuck with.

Forgive TimVP Bruce, he knows not what he says...

Kori Ellis
05-08-2006, 01:37 AM
Im sure in game 2 Duncan will have to drop to 20 a game and Ginobili, Barry, Horry, Parker and others will have to step up.

Hopefully Tony gets healthy by Tuesday. He was really aggressive today (Pop said he wants him to shoot even more) but he just didn't have any legs. But it was still a decent game. Manu, on the other hand, was hopefully just tired. He made a lot of mistakes (in addition to his steals) and that airball 3-pointer was scary how much it was offline. Hopefully the backcourt will be ready to go Tuesday. We need them both to be playing well.

timvp
05-08-2006, 01:38 AM
Yeah because Bruce played all those years with AJ as the point.

http://www.djmonkeyboy.com/clothing/haterade-2.jpg

T Park
05-08-2006, 01:38 AM
Just curious whotttt

what part of "The Spurs didn't offer a contract"

Don't you understand?

T Park
05-08-2006, 01:39 AM
Manu, on the other hand, was hopefully just tired. He made a lot of mistakes (in addition to his steals) and that airball 3-pointer was scary how much it was offline. Hopefully the backcourt will be ready to go Tuesday. We need them both to be playing well.

GASP!!!!

HOW DARE YOU CRITIQUE MANU YOU RACIST!!!!

:lmao

Kori Ellis
05-08-2006, 01:40 AM
"The Spurs need to sweep AJ's ass," timvp said right now.

So rest easy, Whottt.

whottt
05-08-2006, 01:40 AM
Just curious whotttt

what part of "The Spurs didn't offer a contract"

Don't you understand?

Aww but come on...AJ shits gold. Why didn't they?

T Park
05-08-2006, 01:41 AM

Hopeless.

Fucking hopeless.

The Spurs need to sweep AJ's ass," timvp said right now

AJ > drunk white guys

whottt
05-08-2006, 01:42 AM

So rest easy, Whottt.

TimVP is going to injure himself trying to straddle this line...

timvp
05-08-2006, 01:43 AM

The Spurs tried to trade AJ for David Wesley in 2001. The AJ run was over. Everyone (except you) knew AJ was gone after the season.

Pop had given AJ too much power as a pseudo player coach and with AJ's skills fading, he had too much power. Pop needed him gone so he could reclaim the team and steer it in a new direction.

Elementary.

T Park
BTW Kori,

the interview tab you linked all it shows is Emeka Okufor and a commercial on ED :lol

whottt
Hopeless.

Fucking hopeless.

Answer the question....

Kori Ellis
05-08-2006, 01:44 AM
BTW Kori,

the interview tab you linked all it shows is Emeka Okufor and a commercial on ED :lol

I just clicked it and it was the Pop interview and the rest of them. :wtf

T Park
The Spurs tried to trade AJ for David Wesley in 2001. The AJ run was over. Everyone (except you) knew AJ was gone after the season.

Pop had given AJ too much power as a pseudo player coach and with AJ's skills fading, he had too much power. Pop needed him gone so he could reclaim the team and steer it in a new direction.

Elementary

Can't wait to see Whottt's head explode after that popcorn:

timvp
I hope AJ gets his azz swept

True. F AJ.

Damn scrub.

:smokin

whottt
05-08-2006, 01:45 AM

Elementary.

Ahhh I see...so Barry>AJ. Thanks for the lesson.

More like Duncan said...

So Pop, you aren't really wanting me to re-sign when my contract is up, now are you?

T Park
05-08-2006, 01:45 AM
I just clicked it and it was the Pop interview and the rest of them

Yeah for me, it stops after Dr whatever stops talking in the stadium.

T Park
05-08-2006, 01:46 AM
Barry>AJ.

wtf.........

Kori Ellis
05-08-2006, 01:46 AM
Yeah for me, it stops after Dr whatever stops talking in the stadium.

Weird. I just tried again. It's a 33 second commerical and then Pop walks to the podium and starts the postgame. Then AJ follows, etc.

timvp
05-08-2006, 01:47 AM
I'm hoping for humanity sake that whottt is drunk.

whottt
05-08-2006, 01:48 AM
wtf.........

Why don't you take some time off and think about it for a year...you'll eventually get it.

T Park
BTW,

nice job of showing up today by Brent Barry.

Does he have any part of his body NOT marked from grill marks made by Stackhouse?!?!?!?

whottt
I'm hoping for humanity sake that whottt is drunk.

Go watch Star Wars then you'll be caught up...

T Park
Why don't you take some time off and think about it for a year

Right after you pull your head out of your ass.

Kori Ellis
05-08-2006, 01:49 AM
Ahhh I see...so Barry>AJ. Thanks for the lesson.

More like Duncan said...

So Pop, you aren't really wanting me to re-sign when my contract is up, now are you?

You do realize the Spurs almost brought him back again in the beginning of the 2004-05 season, right? But he and Pop discussed it and decided since there was eventual head coaching opportunity in Dallas that it was best for him to go to Dallas.

T Park
05-08-2006, 01:49 AM
Go watch Star Wars then you'll be caught up...

so George Lucas had a thing against Avery too?!

Trainwreck2100
05-08-2006, 01:50 AM
How did this go from AJ being a pussy to AJ being a sellout? I'm not saying they are on in the same but this thread has been hijacked

whottt
05-08-2006, 01:51 AM
You do realize the Spurs almost brought him back again in the beginning of the 2004-05 season, right? But he and Pop discussed it and decided since there was eventual head coaching opportunity in Dallas that it was best for him to go to Dallas.

Whottt remembers there was a bet in fact on this very issue...

timvp
05-08-2006, 01:55 AM
Whottt remembers there was a bet in fact on this very issue...

Which you never followed thru on when you lost.

timvp
05-08-2006, 01:56 AM
http://www.uncrate.com/men/images/darth-vader-costume.jpg

I'm just impressed whottt can post and carry that light beam at the same time.

T Park
05-08-2006, 01:57 AM
The only thing I notice, so far, that AJ has copied from Pop, is the early timeout.

WIch, BTW, it seems Pop has gone away from.

T Park
05-08-2006, 01:58 AM
I thought he wore like a chewbacca costume or somethin....

whottt
05-08-2006, 02:01 AM
Which you never followed thru on when you lost.

Gimme a link to the contract offer...

Otherwise...I can just as easily say Pop was going, "whew dodged a bullet".

The bet was always contingent on an offer being made...

Whose memory do you trust? You guys didn't even remember the bet..

Mavtek
05-08-2006, 02:02 AM
On that same subject ...
Do Dirk's postgame comments like "I know I'm not going to get 35 in this series" or him referring to Terry's bad day, etc., worry you? Did it seem like he has already conceded that he's not going to be able to do well?

Scoring 35 does not always mean one has done well, nor does it mean one hasn't. I think he merely is saying that contributing in an overall form will be more beneficial in this series than concentrating souly on scoring.

Am I worried? Worried about what? Sure I'm worried about a whole lot of shit, my baby girl was sick all day, she's only 5 months old and was running a fever today. She was unhappy as hell, I think she's teething, as a matter of fact I hope she's teething and I really hope she isn't sick. I realized that my department as a whole made an astounding error last week, and that our corporate office isn't happy about it. I'm worried there maybe repercussions regarding myself and other coworkers, this week maybe interesting, luckily though I was able to work today and get the problems resolved.

Considering those worries any worries I have regarding some playoff series involving overpaid athletes who are generally pampered so they can play some gladiatorial (PS is that word, be cool if it was) game, would seem grossly unfounded.

Don't you think? So to answer your question, of course I'm not worried, I have other things to worry about, it's only a game, cheer on whether you win or lose and you have nothing to worry about.

T Park
05-08-2006, 02:06 AM
Don't you think? So to answer your question, of course I'm not worried, I have other things to worry about, it's only a game, cheer on whether you win or lose and you have nothing to worry about

In other words,

were toast.

Kori Ellis
05-08-2006, 02:07 AM
Scoring 35 does not always mean one has done well, nor does it mean one hasn't. I think he merely is saying that contributing in an overall form will be more beneficial in this series than concentrating souly on scoring.

Am I worried? Worried about what? Sure I'm worried about a whole lot of shit, my baby girl was sick all day, she's only 5 months old and was running a fever today. She was unhappy as hell, I think she's teething, as a matter of fact I hope she's teething and I really hope she isn't sick. I realized that my department as a whole made an astounding error last week, and that our corporate office isn't happy about it. I'm worried there maybe repercussions regarding myself and other coworkers, this week maybe interesting, luckily though I was able to work today and get the problems resolved.

Considering those worries any worries I have regarding some playoff series involving overpaid athletes who are generally pampered so they can play some gladiatorial (PS is that word, be cool if it was) game, would seem grossly unfounded.

Don't you think? So to answer your question, of course I'm not worried, I have other things to worry about, it's only a game, cheer on whether you win or lose and you have nothing to worry about.

Sorry about your baby and your work issues. Hopefully your baby isn't sick. I was just asking if you worried/concerned about the Mavs because of how Dirk sounded. But I guess you don't let them get to you. Most fans aren't like that.

timvp
05-08-2006, 02:10 AM
Gimme a link to the contract offer...

Otherwise...I can just as easily say Pop was going, "whew dodged a bullet".

The bet was always contingent on an offer being made...

Whose memory do you trust? You guys didn't even remember the bet..

A link to the contract offer?

Way to man up.

T Park
05-08-2006, 02:12 AM
How exactly do you link private phone conversations??

Im still waiting for that.

whottt
05-08-2006, 02:12 AM
Ya...I welched...just like I welched on the bet with Jailbre :rolleyes...hence my lack of title change(and BTW, if we lose in the playoffs, you, kori and Jailbre are all held responsible, I always pay up on bets I lose because it is bad karma not to do so).

T Park
05-08-2006, 02:14 AM
if we lose in the playoffs, you, kori and Jailbre are all held responsible

Yeah would have nothing to do with what happens on the court.

Kori Ellis
05-08-2006, 02:15 AM
Ya...I welched...just like I welched on the bet with Jailbre :rolleyes...hence my lack of title change(and BTW, if we lose in the playoffs, you, kori and Jailbre are all held responsible, I always pay up on bets I lose because it is bad karma not to do so).

Did Jalbre ever say what he wanted your title changed to?

whottt
05-08-2006, 02:18 AM
A link to the contract offer?

Way to man up.

That was always the bet...Do you guys remember trying to claim you won the bet when a false article was posted? Excuse me for wanting some proof that the discussions were anything more than just typical BS...As I pointed out at the time...the provable result of that meeting was that the Mavs paid more than just the vet min...

The bet was never about if Pop or AJ were friends or Pop's respect for AJ...it was about if the Spurs would ever make a serious attempt at bringing AJ back as player while Duncan was on this team. They didn't.

If they did then prove it...

How about a quote from Pop saying the Spurs really wanted AJ to come back...or is Pop always in the habit of putting his top instate rivals interest before that of the Spurs? I think not!

T Park
05-08-2006, 02:20 AM
or is Pop always in the habit of putting his top instate rivals interest before that of the Spurs? I think not!

No, hes in the habit of putting the player's or coach's interest before that of the Spurs.

Him, Prunty, Mike Brown being examples.

timvp
05-08-2006, 02:21 AM
I gave up on collecting on the bet a couple years go. You wanted more proof than "just" an article saying that Pop wanted AJ back for one final season.

Next time I'll be sure to bug Pop's house from now on when a bet with whottt is on the line.

whottt
05-08-2006, 02:21 AM
Did Jalbre ever say what he wanted your title changed to?

He said ya'll discussed it...but it's too late now....any changes to my title will have to be made after this season, you can change ships in midstream, or some shit like that...unless we are on the verge of elimination or something...

Kori Ellis
05-08-2006, 02:22 AM
He said ya'll discussed it...but it's too late now....any changes to my title will have to be made after this season, you can change ships in midstream, or some shit like that...unless we are on the verge of elimination or something...

I don't think he ever said exactly what he wanted it changed to. But anyway, we'll change it in the offseason.

whottt
05-08-2006, 02:22 AM
I gave up on collecting on the bet a couple years go. You wanted more proof than "just" an article saying that Pop wanted AJ back for one final season.

Just time I'll be sure to bug Pop's house from now on when a bet with whottt is on the line.

Yeah...and I also told you to change it if you really felt like you'd won the bet...you never did.

Sorry but I haven't welched on a bet yet...or haven't you seen my title?

ShoogarBear
05-08-2006, 05:32 AM
I figure scientists have about 4-5 years to finish designing the special helmet that will keep whottt's head from exploding when AJ is named the next Spurs coach.

A-Train
05-08-2006, 07:07 AM
I wonder if whottt noticed that DRob was watching while AJ coached yesterday. That wasn't the first time that happened, of course.

4down
05-08-2006, 08:08 AM
they know they can't win unless they get 50 free throw attempts

Obstructed_View
05-08-2006, 08:10 AM
they know they can't win unless they get 50 free throw attempts
Someone needs to tell AJ that they need to actually make the free throws in order for them to matter. If his team had shot their normal percentage, they probably would have won the game.

Dirk Lewinsky
05-08-2006, 10:26 AM
I feel like I have a stain on me.

Willinsa
05-08-2006, 04:34 PM
Avery sucks balls, and some people want to have his jersey retired. After this bitching we better not EVER retire this piece of crap's jersey. He was a so so player anyway.

SpursWoman
05-08-2006, 04:36 PM

So rest easy, Whottt.

:wow :lmao :wow

mabber
05-08-2006, 04:45 PM
I think they were very good and consistent today but I wish they would let both teams play a little bit more. This is going to be a closely contested hard fought series and both teams are going to need as much momentum as possible. Having the refs constantly kill the momentum kills watching games on TV.

I agree with this post.

leemajors
05-08-2006, 04:53 PM
I agree with this post.

i thought that was the nba ref job description... keep the fans scratching their heads.

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-08-2006, 04:56 PM
So if Bruce is playing defense like a bear, does that mean he'll make Stephen Colbert's weekly "Threatdown"?

mabber
05-08-2006, 05:00 PM
Wow, I was under the impression that Avery was a big fan favorite while in San Antonio. Guess I was wrong. Also, it seems to me that he gets most of his coaching methods from Pop (It definitely ain't Nellie-lol). The Mav players do not complain much anymore and make no excuses in the press anymore (just like Spur players). Also, from the outside it seems to me that Pop complains about anything and everything and that is what Avery is trying to emulate. Let the coach do the bitching and complaining...not the players. I've always thought that all the good coaches were complainers (for a purpose).

FromWayDowntown
05-08-2006, 05:06 PM
Wow, I was under the impression that Avery was a big fan favorite while in San Antonio. Guess I was wrong. Also, it seems to me that he gets most of his coaching methods from Pop (It definitely ain't Nellie-lol). The Mav players do not complain much anymore and make no excuses in the press anymore (just like Spur players). Also, from the outside it seems to me that Pop complains about anything and everything and that is what Avery is trying to emulate. Let the coach do the bitching and complaining...not the players. I've always thought that all the good coaches were complainers (for a purpose).

Pop may complain during games -- he certainly makes his point to officials with some regularity -- but you will never, ever hear Popovich make any statements concerning officiating outside of that context.

What Pop says about officials stays on the floor 100% of the time.

mavsfan1000
05-08-2006, 05:12 PM

Stfu. I was so upset on how Dirk was pushed around. That should not be allowed by anyone. Avery should of let Bowen push him around more. Spurs fans really got complaints now.

A-Train
05-08-2006, 05:15 PM
Hey whottt, I heard that AJ once referred to The Coyote as "a mascot".

A-Train
05-08-2006, 05:18 PM
Anyways, the Spurs bitch about the refs just like anyone else in the league. It seems like every minute in the game TD is staring at a ref with his hands out begging for a call. Acting like AJ has done something untoward by questioning the officiating is ridiculous. I hope the Spurs sweep his ass, but coaches bitching about refs is a time honored NBA tradition. Just because Pop opts to call something a "stupid motherfucking call" on the court instead of talking about bear hugs in the media means very little. Spurs fans never fail to amaze me when it comes to finding anything to dump on AJ for.

NCaliSpurs
05-08-2006, 06:59 PM
Duncan can't play any better.

He can play better, and he has.

Whether he will, who knows?

whottt
05-08-2006, 07:00 PM
And AJ fans determinedness to remain completely locked on to his nutsac is one of the marvels of modern science...barnacles come to watch you guys for lessons.

By all means keep apologizing for the opposing coach. It's never AJ's fault when he runs his mouth. I want to see TimVP blame me for the fan backlash against AJ this time...I haven't said shit about him all year and this is all AJ's doing.

But the next time you guys criticize Mark Cuban, Phil Jackson or George Karl or anyone calling out Bruce's play...I hope you'll realize that it is you with the subjective opinion...AJ homers.

Oh and AJ was the shittiest PG to ever start on an NBA champion too...AJ sucks. Ass.

T Park
05-08-2006, 07:02 PM
I was so upset on how Dirk was pushed around. That should not be allowed by anyone

Amazing how he pushed him around while he had his hands up.

AMAZING!!!

Hook Dem
05-08-2006, 07:10 PM
I agree that AJ is now in the same boat as Ray Allen & George Karl. The whining little bitch was supposed to have more class than this. Guess you can only hang around with Cuban for so long till you act just like him. Fuck AJ & Cuban!!! :flipoff

whottt
05-08-2006, 07:12 PM
You're a good man Hook...Manny too.

I swear...AJ could piss on the Alamo and AJ fans would blame the Alamo for being in the way when AJ had to piss.

A-Train
05-08-2006, 07:13 PM
And AJ fans determinedness to remain completely locked on to his nutsac is one of the marvels of modern science...barnacles come to watch you guys for lessons.

Your attachment to AJ's balls, anus and cock is the strongest of them all.

By all means keep apologizing for the opposing coach. It's never AJ's fault when he runs his mouth. I want to see TimVP blame me for the fan backlash against AJ this time...I haven't said shit about him all year and this is all AJ's doing.

It's what coaches do in the postseason. Sane people take it with a grain of salt.

But the next time you guys criticize Mark Cuban, Phil Jackson or George Karl or anyone calling out Bruce's play...I hope you'll realize that it is you with the subjective opinion...AJ homers.

Not really. When a George Karl talks about Manu making contact like a RB or Cuban or Jackson bitch about the refs it's all done with an eye towards trying to get some calls from the refs. That's why it's no big deal when AJ does it.

Oh and AJ was the shittiest PG to ever start on an NBA champion too...AJ sucks. Ass.

Ok, you know nothing.

T Park
05-08-2006, 07:16 PM
your just now figuring that out A Train? :lol

Reggie Miller
05-08-2006, 07:35 PM
Look folks, it's really simple.

Bowen plays perimeter defense in a league that has done virtually all it can to eliminate perimeter defense. (Yes, I realize that he is also a good defender down low.) Due to all of the rule changes and emphases, most teams don't bother to play perimeter defense, or they don't defend out there consistently and effectively. Logically, you also don't want to pick up dumb fouls on a jump shooter, so I don't necessarily blame those teams.

What happens when someone does play perimeter defense? Bowen plays perimeter defense and is effective. Since no one else seems to be able to do so (more like wants to do so), Bowen MUST be dirty, right? It can't be that he hustles, plays smart, and earned a permanent starting job almost entirely for his defensive skills. It can't be that other teams would rather bitch than play smarter and harder, right?

Anyone who thinks that Bowen is dirty has never seen some of the truly dirty defenders from the '70s and '80s. Why do you think the players wanted the baggy Fab 5 look? They were tired of being racked and asphyxiated when defenders would grab those mighty tighty uniforms of that era. (Don't believe me? Read Charles Barkley's autobiography. Yeah, he really wrote it, not!)

Stockton and Miller were WAY dirtier than any player of this era. As their physical skills diminished, they developed quite a bag of tricks to either get open or beat their man.

Hook Dem
05-08-2006, 07:37 PM

If I was Aj and I didn't mean it that way, I would have clarrified it myself!

Willinsa
05-08-2006, 07:39 PM
Shut up Reggie before we get your sister to kick your wimpy ass. :lol

T Park
05-08-2006, 07:44 PM
Look folks, it's really simple.

Bowen plays perimeter defense in a league that has done virtually all it can to eliminate perimeter defense. (Yes, I realize that he is also a good defender down low.) Due to all of the rule changes and emphases, most teams don't bother to play perimeter defense, or they don't defend out there consistently and effectively. Logically, you also don't want to pick up dumb fouls on a jump shooter, so I don't necessarily blame those teams.

What happens when someone does play perimeter defense? Bowen plays perimeter defense and is effective. Since no one else seems to be able to do so (more like wants to do so), Bowen MUST be dirty, right? It can't be that he hustles, plays smart, and earned a permanent starting job almost entirely for his defensive skills. It can't be that other teams would rather bitch than play smarter and harder, right?

Anyone who thinks that Bowen is dirty has never seen some of the truly dirty defenders from the '70s and '80s. Why do you think the players wanted the baggy Fab 5 look? They were tired of being racked and asphyxiated when defenders would grab those mighty tighty uniforms of that era. (Don't believe me? Read Charles Barkley's autobiography. Yeah, he really wrote it, not!)

Stockton and Miller were WAY dirtier than any player of this era. As their physical skills diminished, they developed quite a bag of tricks to either get open or beat their man.

Great post.

Condemned 2 HelLA
05-08-2006, 07:45 PM
AJ needs to get away from that belly-aching part-time ice cream jockey before he REALLY starts rubbing off on him!
One loud-mouthed idiot in the city of Dallas is MORE than enough!
Oh wait: Terrell Owens is there too now, isn't he?!?!
Wherever will they find the room to accomodate BOTH of them?!?!

GrandeDavid
05-08-2006, 08:09 PM

At first I thought it was a compliment until shortly thereafter he stated that, to paraphrase, "its the new NBA rule"...so then I detected a bitching moaner. But I guess he knows Dallas has no chance whatsoever if they don't get some breaks from the officials on the Nowitski/Bowen matchup.

whottt
05-08-2006, 10:14 PM
Hey, if a man's got a to piss a man's got to piss. I didn't get mad at Ozzy either. After all, the Alamo isn't a human being with feelings. Any sane person should realize this. Excuse me while I get back to my fanatical defense of AJ against someone whose opinion I can never change, all the while propping myself for my rationality.

TPark, could you please brush your tongue when you switch to me. Thanks.

mike detroit
05-08-2006, 10:15 PM
as a pistons fan, i despise bowen's grey area tactics on defense.

ok, I almost kept a straight face when i said that.

T Park
05-08-2006, 10:17 PM
Hey, if a man's got a to piss a man's got to piss. I didn't get mad at Ozzy either. After all, the Alamo isn't a human being with feelings. Any sane person should realize this. Excuse me while I get back to my fanatical defense of AJ against someone whose opinion I can never change, all the while propping myself for my rationality. TPark, could you please brush your tongue when you switch

Gotta love it when WHottt makes up bullshit and bends and swerves to support his bullshit takes.

T Park
05-08-2006, 10:18 PM

You woulda had soooo many Rip Hamilton does it too!!!!!!

mike detroit
05-08-2006, 10:19 PM
You woulda had soooo many Rip Hamilton does it too!!!!!!

wait, how may rip hamiltons would i have had?

Reggie Miller
05-08-2006, 10:30 PM

That made my day. :lol

Rip wasn't the only one I had in mind either. :fro

mike detroit
05-08-2006, 10:34 PM
That made my day. :lol

Rip wasn't the only one I had in mind either. :fro

he may have learned it from a certain former pacers player, not sure
:king . if i actually hated people that bent the rules, but stayed within them, I'd despise the spurs. rather, i think it's an artform. i won't talk shit about anyone that can make themselves better while "technically" following the rules. that's not dirty, that's just f'in smart.

Reggie Miller
05-08-2006, 10:58 PM
he may have learned it from a certain former pacers player, not sure
:king . if i actually hated people that bent the rules, but stayed within them, I'd despise the spurs. rather, i think it's an artform. i won't talk shit about anyone that can make themselves better while "technically" following the rules. that's not dirty, that's just f'in smart.

I have no problem with anyone on either the Spurs or Pistons. Their better defenders play right at the line. That is, a good player should know how to obey the letter and ignore the spirit when possible. That's not cheating; it's smart.

I am awfully biased, because my favorite three sports are destroying the opportunity to play defense. The worst is the NHL; it wasn't a gradual process. The new record books started this season. With baseball, the strike zone gradually shrank to the size of a postage stamp. In basketball, they took a little away at a time, until one day it suddenly became "dirty" to touch a player with the ball.

SequSpur
05-08-2006, 10:59 PM
I wish Pop would throw out the this is a man's game smack to Avery... That would be ggggggggggggggggreat!

picnroll
05-08-2006, 11:01 PM
How about "Jesus is ashamed of the way you coach."

Shank
05-08-2006, 11:24 PM
How about "Jesus is ashamed of the way you coach."

Why would you say that, in reference to Avery?

T Park
05-08-2006, 11:27 PM
because Avery is very christian....

Its a joke.

jmard5
05-08-2006, 11:27 PM
Pop's remark regarding bear-hug defense
--------------

Johnson complained Sunday about San Antonio getting away with playing "bear-hug defense." His friends on the Spurs had fun with that Monday.

While Bowen dismissed it as "just a deal of emotions and wanting to get a victory," San Antonio coach Gregg Popovich said Johnson put it in the playbook during his years with the club.

"Because he had trouble guarding people 1-on-1, he used to just grab them," Popovich said. "So I learned that from him."

http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/sports/basketball/nba/dallas_mavericks/14525051.htm

Shank
05-08-2006, 11:28 PM
because Avery is very christian....

Its a joke.

How is the man's faith a joke?

T Park
05-08-2006, 11:29 PM
god go away your ruining the thread.

A-Train
05-08-2006, 11:29 PM
whottt apparently is the king of grudges. He's probably still pissed at Santa Ana.

T Park
05-08-2006, 11:30 PM
Because he had trouble guarding people 1-on-1, he used to just grab them," Popovich said. "So I learned that from him."

oooo

ehehe

a little bit of a shot at AJ there :lol

jmard5
05-08-2006, 11:34 PM
oooo

ehehe

a little bit of a shot at AJ there :lol

Exactly. I was laughing after I read that.

CIA Pop doing his best.

greyforest
05-08-2006, 11:55 PM
i cant wait for this series to be over
theres going to be mad respect between pop and aj, and it will make me feel good to see that there is still good sportsmanship alive in the nba

Willinsa
05-09-2006, 12:21 AM
All I know is that AJ is a puss for bringing it up, I hate the guy more than I ever have.

greyforest
05-09-2006, 12:23 AM
All I know is that AJ is a puss for bringing it up, I hate the guy more than I ever have.

aj isnt a puss, he didn't start whining and calling it bullshit or anything, he's just talking bout the game.

A-Train
05-09-2006, 12:29 AM
I hate AJ for helping the Spurs win that 1st championship.

Willinsa
05-09-2006, 12:30 AM
I hate AJ for helping the Spurs win that 1st championship.

If he misses the shot in game 5 we would have won game 6 easily.

greyforest
05-09-2006, 12:31 AM

here's why he isnt a puss:

Johnson also said Monday he admires Bowen's defense. His "bear-hug" complaint from a day earlier, he said, was aimed primarily at the Mavericks' offense for not doing more to combat the Spurs.

"One of these days, I hope to have a chance to play one-on-one with him and come out of retirement," Johnson said, laughing. "I'm going to go left by him. Nobody, not even Bruce can stop me from going left."

A-Train
05-09-2006, 12:33 AM
If he misses the shot in game 5 we would have won game 6 easily.

Yeah, his only contribution was that shot. :rolleyes

Willinsa
05-09-2006, 12:33 AM
I don't understand why everyone likes Avery? I have been a spurs fan since I was little in the early NBA days. I don't know why we like subpar players who would not make it on another team, true he hit the winning shot in the 99 Finals. I will give him that, but what else did he do on the court?

If we retire his jersey we would be the laughingstock of the NBA.

whottt
05-09-2006, 12:40 AM
I will give him that, but what else did he do on the court?

You gotta be kidding me...

A few of AJ's contributions:

Giving up 30 points to Sam Casell off the bench in game 5 of the 95 WCF

Letting Derek Fisher shoot 70% from 3 against us in the 01 WCF(after whining all season about losing his spot)

Routinely getting buttraped by John Stockton virtually every time we faced Utah in the post season.

Missing approximately 1,000,456,234,978,234,567 wide open jumpers from 15 feet and in his playoff career.

But I am overlooking other aspects of his awesomeness...

FOr instance...

Nazr freaking Mohammed has only made one more 3 pointer than Avery Johnson in his playoff career.

And Avery is tied with Rasho Nesterovich for career post season 3 pointers.

Everyone rags on Tony's shot...as a 19 year old rookie Tony Parker tripled AJ's career playoff 3 point total in first playoff game...going up against Gary Payton.

AJ fans like to act like hitting a game winner with a minute to go in a series we are up 3-1 against an 8 seed is clutch or something...GTF out of the way Horry. I feel embarrased for them, I hope they don't make those kind of statements around fans of other teams. Crap like that can lead to us getting a rep for having unknowledgable fans.

sprrs
05-09-2006, 01:25 AM
I love Avery but he picked the wrong Spur to screw with. Everyone's defending Avery because of the shot he hit in '99, but what happens when Bruce retires and our team defense drops to mediocre?

Bruce has almost single-handedly defined the model-Spur since his arrival here. From taking a pay cut to all his hard work and giving near 100% every single game. When he retires he's goint to be -at least- as heavily respected and loved as Avery is now.

mabber
05-09-2006, 07:03 AM
I love Avery but he picked the wrong Spur to screw with. Everyone's defending Avery because of the shot he hit in '99, but what happens when Bruce retires and our team defense drops to mediocre?

Bruce has almost single-handedly defined the model-Spur since his arrival here. From taking a pay cut to all his hard work and giving near 100% every single game. When he retires he's goint to be -at least- as heavily respected and loved as Avery is now.

Come on people, Avery is just complaining to hopefully get one more call go his way in that matchup the next game. It's what the majority of coaches do. He's just trying to make the refs aware of it. You don't hear Dirk complaining. He's been giving Bowen props for his defense. Some of you have issues with Avery from his past days in San Antonio and that is fine (I would not know) but at least realize that his "bear hug" comment, etc. is just a normal coach ploy to try to get inside the ref's heads. Now, if a player was bitching after the game then that would be kinda "sorry" in my opinion.

foodie2
05-09-2006, 07:49 AM

Letting Derek Fisher shoot 70% from 3 against us in the 01 WCF(after whining all season about losing his spot)

Routinely getting buttraped by John Stockton virtually every time we faced Utah in the post season.

Missing approximately 1,000,456,234,978,234,567 wide open jumpers from 15 feet and in his playoff career.

FOr instance...

Nazr freaking Mohammed has only made one more 3 pointer than Avery Johnson in his playoff career.

Everyone rags on Tony's shot...as a 19 year old rookie Tony Parker tripled AJ's career playoff 3 point total in first playoff game...going up against Gary Payton.

AJ fans like to act like hitting a game winner with a minute to go in a series we are up 3-1 against an 8 seed is clutch or something...GTF out of the way Horry. I feel embarrased for them, I hope they don't make those kind of statements around fans of other teams. Crap like that can lead to us getting a rep for having unknowledgable fans.

Better watch out, you'll get called a fucking ingrate like I did. And your point about the so-called game-winner in '99 is something that has always rankled with me as well. If Avery hadn't hit that shot, the odds are mighty high that someone else would have in the minute that was left, or that we would have beaten them the next game, or the next. I just don't buy it that the shot was anything special. But then, I'm not an AJ-worshipper. If the Spurs retire his jersey, I'm going to be seriously disappointed.

Obstructed_View
05-09-2006, 08:26 AM
Why would you say that, in reference to Avery?
You are dropping fast on the stupid meter. We may have to buy a new one that's more sensitive if you keep this up.

Shank
05-09-2006, 08:57 AM
You are dropping fast on the stupid meter. We may have to buy a new one that's more sensitive if you keep this up.

Because I care what you think. Bagging on the guy's religion is unnecessary.

ShoogarBear
05-09-2006, 09:03 AM
You know what I just realized? If the NBA had never introduced the three-point line, AJ would be whottt's favorite player of all time.

Obstructed_View
05-09-2006, 09:15 AM
Because I care what you think. Bagging on the guy's religion is unnecessary.*sigh* Avery Johnson, while point guard for the Spurs, told David Robinson that God was ashamed of him for not playing to his full potential. The post was a reference to that, and was obviously a joke to everyone but you, because you are too fucking stupid to keep from just throwing yourself into the middle of the discussion with no idea how little you know.

Trying to speak sensibly to you is unnecessary. You obviously don't speak sensible. You are certainly fluent in ignorant.

Shank
05-09-2006, 09:28 AM
It wasn't in reference to that. Go back and read it again. The original poster spelled out that it was because "Avery was a Christian". There was no subplot or any reference to David Robinson, you dumb cunt.

Keep trying, though. I like your vigor.

LEONARD
05-09-2006, 09:33 AM
WHAT THE F???

Someone enlighten me to this "rant" by AJ, because I've heard nothing about it on the Dallas sports talk...

He said this:

"It's what you call bear-hug defense," Johnson said. "That's the new NBA rule. I've got to try to simulate a drill to help him in what you call that bear-hug defense."

Is that it? Doesn't really sound like a complaint to me?? :rolleyes

And as far as Pop not complaining after the game goes, he makes up for it with his complaining during the game. I'm so beaten down with Tim and Manu and their constant whining, putting their arms around the ref to "discuss" things, and heading straight for the refs to talk every time a timeout is called...

Obstructed_View
05-09-2006, 09:34 AM
It wasn't in reference to that. Go back and read it again. The original poster spelled out that it was because "Avery was a Christian". There was no subplot or any reference to David Robinson, you dumb cunt.

Keep trying, though. I like your vigor.
The original poster said "Jesus is ashamed of the way you coach", referring to when Avery told David that "God is ashamed of the way you play". When you got your panties in a twist about it, someone else said "Avery is very Christian. It's a joke" and you wouldn't let it go. Nice to see you aren't learning a single thing.

Shank
05-09-2006, 09:36 AM
The original poster said "Jesus is ashamed of the way you coach", referring to when Avery told David that "God is ashamed of the way you play". When you got your panties in a twist about it, someone else said "Avery is very Christian. It's a joke" and you wouldn't let it go. Nice to see you aren't learning a single thing.

:elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant

Willinsa
05-09-2006, 11:49 AM

FOr instance...

Man I thought I was the only person who thought Avery sucked.