Page 48 of 56 FirstFirst ... 38444546474849505152 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 1388
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't watch. Nobody wins in these debates, so who was the biggest loser?
    I would have to say Biden.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    much more pro-bloomberg audience today, tbh
    Tickets were $1750.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bernie is so resilient man. I like that he isn't letting the pressure get to him(Castro thing) and its a huge boost to his base who is looking for someone who will fight for them. His line of the night and what he needs to keep hammering home was "what i'm proposing isn't radical, its what the people want"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tickets were $1750.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With you in the median as always, giving play by play.
    Yeah, I’ve been silent as to my views on sanders and his comments

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    $1750?

ok - now I understand why bloomberg/klobuchar/. Got so many ing questions

while the rest had to fight for crumbs

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    $1750?

ok - now I understand why bloomberg/klobuchar/. Got so many ing questions

while the rest had to fight for crumbs
    Presidential campaigns lasting years are above all just another ing business

President of, IIRC, ABC said Trash's campaign was fantastic for ABC because of ratings which translate into higher prices for ads bought by BigCorp

$1750? nice revenue from seating, plus the ads they sold.

The venality of America is infinite.
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 02-26-2020 at 12:10 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Presidential campaigns lasting years are above just another ing business

Pres of, IIRC, ABC said Trash's campaign was fantastic for ABC because of ratings which translate into higher prices for ads bought by BigCorp
    agreed

which is why - for 4 years now - the media has aided and abetted this criminal in the oval office -
    here is a pattern that everyone had to have witnessed;

1) Trump commits a crime or some kind of ery - for example - "babies in cages - due to his white supremacist policy"
    (impeachable under any other president - dem or repuke)
    2) Media assembles a panel of [left wing vs right wing ] pundits
    3) The "news" is not that a nazi is putting brown babies in cages - the news is
    a) trump administration creates a no tolerance policy - democrats "accuse" the president of ...blah - blah
    b) will democrats "strategy" of attacking the president backfire and will the presidents approval rating be helped by
    democrats "appearing" to "be against" everything the president does?
    c) AOC compared the practice to a "concentration camp" - did she go too far? Republicans are "outraged!"
    4) Left wing vs right wing panel - argues 24/7 - about this ---

"political issue"

democrats clutch their pearls at the babies in cages - and republicans clutch their pearls and "whatabout" the issue

4 ing years of the media turning EVERY ING CRIME -

into -- LEFT vs. RIGHT issue

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I’ve been silent as to my views on sanders and his comments
    Yet you only gave a play by play on everyone but you.

Yeah, I watched my cousin Vinny lock you up in the paint, back you down at the other end and shatter the backboard on you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yet you only gave a play by play on everyone but you.

Yeah, I watched my cousin Vinny lock you up in the paint, back you down at the other end and shatter the backboard on you.
    nice play by play

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe one day you won't be so dense. You're not an idiot, but you seem to not get nuance very well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean...I'm kinda leaning with Chinook here. Trump said he grabbed women by the pussy and said he could shoot someone and not lose votes. None of that mattered. He's the president now.

If Bernie gets the nod he's not losing voters or gaining them on a soundbite about Cuba...not on a win or lose scale. His young base that needs to come out and get him voted in will vote for him no matter what. Those people showing up is what he needs.
    His young base will always be there, like all the Trumpistas will gloss over pussy grabbing. The question is about those who are in the middle. Chinook's position, at its core, is that everyone has made up their mind and there's no such thing as an undecided voter. Does that sound right to you?

If not, does the poor judgment Bernie's shown in tripling down on an utterly irrelevant and unnecessary literacy brigade fight make you feel confident that he can positively engage people who are undecided? On a side note, Vox recently ran a story that Bernie needs a youth turnout much larger than what Obama got in 2008 (https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...moderates-data). Do you feel confident that will happen?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, and he was my 2nd preferred candidate. Lord knows how much I’d be stanning for Warren if she was the front runner
    Indeed.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With you in the median as always, giving play by play.
    That's ironic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His young base will always be there, like all the Trumpistas will gloss over pussy grabbing. The question is about those who are in the middle. Chinook's position, at its core, is that everyone has made up their mind and there's no such thing as an undecided voter. Does that sound right to you?
    I don't think that's really his point, to be fair. I think his point is that soundbites simply don't have the impact they once had. There's going to be undecided voters, but they won't make their decision over how Bernie feels about a remote country. I mean, Trump has shown bro-love to dictators in China and Russia, and CNN has been running that non-stop, and frankly, I don't think anybody cares outside of Spurs Homer, boutons and RG, tbh...

And sure, you can argue he didn't need to say that, or that he should've taken the 'safe' position, but I think if there's something lacking in the Dem party this day is somebody that's authentic. Everyone else in there has flip flopped left and right when called out, and much like Shillary, are super fake. IMO, there's nothing inspirational about those guys.

Now, you might not like Bernie's policies (and I certainly don't agree with a bunch of them), and that's fair and fine, but we also need to call a spade a spade here.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think that's really his point, to be fair. I think his point is that soundbites simply don't have the impact they once had. There's going to be undecided voters, but they won't make their decision over how Bernie feels about a remote country. I mean, Trump has shown bro-love to dictators in China and Russia, and CNN has been running that non-stop, and frankly, I don't think anybody cares outside of Spurs Homer, boutons and RG, tbh...

And sure, you can argue he didn't need to say that, or that he should've taken the 'safe' position, but I think if there's something lacking in the Dem party this day is somebody that's authentic. Everyone else in there has flip flopped left and right when called out, and much like Shillary, are super fake. IMO, there's nothing inspirational about those guys.

Now, you might not like Bernie's policies (and I certainly don't agree with a bunch of them), and that's fair and fine, but we also need to call a spade a spade here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I don’t get the authenticity bit all, either generally or specifically with Bernie, but that’s neither here nor there. And look, I hear you. Dear leader bragged about murdering people in the middle of NYC and nothing happened. I understand that people can just disregard sound bytes. But for all of that, Benghazi is still a talking point. “Her emails” is still a talking point. I don’t see why this is categorically any different than all of that crap.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If you think Bernie is the only authentic candidate for the Dems, I’m curious to hear your thoughts on Warren.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    his cold bloddedness is impressive

wish to see the day he debates Dump with same type of cool. it would be astounding to watch. praying for his health

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t get the authenticity bit all, either generally or specifically with Bernie, but that’s neither here nor there. And look, I hear you. Dear leader bragged about murdering people in the middle of NYC and nothing happened. I understand that people can just disregard sound bytes. But for all of that, Benghazi is still a talking point. “Her emails” is still a talking point. I don’t see why this is categorically any different than all of that crap.
    for people who were never going to vote for her to begin with, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    for people who were never going to vote for her to begin with, tbh
    Yeah I disagree. I think like that is part of what made her so unpalatable to middle of the road folks.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    The muh emails talking point only mattered because the FBI decided to reopen an investigation into her emails theee weeks before the election. Prior to that the emails had become ancient history in the news cycle. The Benghazi also never mattered to swing voters.

DJT successfully running to the left of Hillary on free trade hurt her most in the states that lost her the election.

If you think Bernie is the only authentic candidate for the Dems, I’m curious to hear your thoughts on Warren.
    Warren was considered authentic until 2016. Her decision not to run in 2016 because she didn’t want to get in Hillary’s way rubbed a lot of people the wrong way (the Bernie movement would have never happened if she ran, Bernie flat out said he wanted her to run and only entered the race in 2016 once it became clear she wasn’t running). She’s had several blunders since then that didn’t help either.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Bernie wins, Liz could be Treasury sec where she could do deliver retribution to BigFinance, rebuild the CFPB, etc, etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Warren was considered authentic until 2016. Her decision not to run in 2016 because she didn’t want to get in Hillary’s way rubbed a lot of people the wrong way (the Bernie movement would have never happened if she ran, Bernie flat out said he wanted her to run and only entered the race in 2016 once it became clear she wasn’t running). She’s had several blunders since then that didn’t help either.
    Let's not act like Bernie is being "authentic" either ...

"That was Bernie's position in 2016, that it should not got to the person who had a plurality. So, and remember, his last play was to superdelegates," Warren replied, referring to Sanders' failed 2016 efforts to force a contested Democratic convention. "So, the way I see this is you write the rules before you know where everybody stands, and then you stick with those rules."

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...legates-117821

Thread Information