Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    The Golden Goddess TheCultOfPersonality's Avatar
    My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    lol those were garbage TDs after the chargers took their foot off the gas

disgraceful that Baltimore made the playoffs with that level of QB play.
    Blame the Steelers for not being able to beat the Raiders.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Blame the Steelers for not being able to beat the Raiders.
    Would have still made the playoffs and gone against the Texans.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    What the are you talking about? Flacco has 6 touchdowns in the 2014 playoffs, that’s less than 6 years ago you stupid ing chimp.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    I didn't like the game plan today. If dime packages could stop running plays consistently, teams would never use heavy personnel. The response to that type of lineup should have been to play six offensive linemen a full-back and TEs and run the ball down their throats. You can't have a rush-only offense but only rush one way.

They'll need to invest in offensive linemen this spring if they intend to keep trying this offense. Yanda is elite still, but he's clearly older. Stanley and Brown are fine prospects, but they still need development. The two others guys should be upgraded. Once they move on from Flacco, they should have very little money committed to the offense as a whole and a ton of cap space to fix that. Put that money into a line. Draft a receiver who can fit Jackson's strengths. Obviously work with Jackson to improve his passing skills, but don't fall into the trap of trying to make him a pocket-passer. Embrace the low scoring and shortened career that comes with a rushing QB and running offense. Just make sure you do whatever you can to help that succeed.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    playoff tds last 6 years:

lamar 2*
    flucco 0
    *against prevent defense from a team that was clearly coasting.

Now let's compare rings, Super Bowl MVPs, career playoff wins, and game-losing fumbles to choke the season away next.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    *against prevent defense from a team that was clearly coasting.

Now let's compare rings, Super Bowl MVPs, career playoff wins, and game-losing fumbles to choke the season away next.
    His numbers are wrong either way, Flacco has had 6 playoff touchdowns in the last 6 years.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    His numbers are wrong either way, Flacco has had 6 playoff touchdowns in the last 6 years.
    Of course, I'm just saying that the stats he's bragging about with Lamar were all against a prevent defense. With six minutes to go, he had negative passing yards and a 0 QB rating.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    Of course, I'm just saying that the stats he's bragging about with Lamar were all against a prevent defense. With six minutes to go, he had negative passing yards and a 0 QB rating.
    Negative passing yards through 3 1/2 quarters. That's impressive; that's just hard to do.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    I didn't like the game plan today. If dime packages could stop running plays consistently, teams would never use heavy personnel. The response to that type of lineup should have been to play six offensive linemen a full-back and TEs and run the ball down their throats. You can't have a rush-only offense but only rush one way.

They'll need to invest in offensive linemen this spring if they intend to keep trying this offense. Yanda is elite still, but he's clearly older. Stanley and Brown are fine prospects, but they still need development. The two others guys should be upgraded. Once they move on from Flacco, they should have very little money committed to the offense as a whole and a ton of cap space to fix that. Put that money into a line. Draft a receiver who can fit Jackson's strengths. Obviously work with Jackson to improve his passing skills, but don't fall into the trap of trying to make him a pocket-passer. Embrace the low scoring and shortened career that comes with a rushing QB and running offense. Just make sure you do whatever you can to help that succeed.
    running reverses?

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    No. I get that you're whole hog on this idea that Jackson is Tebow, but even Tebow had a guy like Thomas who fit with him. Jackson's going to need big, strong guys who can out-muscle DBs to get poorly thrown balls like Mike Evans was to Johnny Manziel. Also wouldn't hurt if that receiver could block well enough to help outside runs.

Just because you don't think Jackson can throw doesn't mean the Ravens have to continue to rely on misdirection rushing plays. Working in more traditional sets relying on play-action also work. Not every team that's relied on a rushing attack has done so with a running QB.

Jackson has the wheels. This was never the question. But can he get the passing side of the game down? Baltimore has put themselves in a potentially bad spot for years to come if they are rolling with this dude and he can't improve on throwing the ball.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Jackson has the wheels. This was never the question. But can he get the passing side of the game down? Baltimore has put themselves in a potentially bad spot for years to come if they are rolling with this dude and he can't improve on throwing the ball.
    These Avante imposters are awful.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    The Ravens fans booing Jackson were racist

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    The Ravens fans booing Jackson were racist
    They were booing the white coach tbh

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    No. I get that you're whole hog on this idea that Jackson is Tebow, but even Tebow had a guy like Thomas who fit with him. Jackson's going to need big, strong guys who can out-muscle DBs to get poorly thrown balls like Mike Evans was to Johnny Manziel. Also wouldn't hurt if that receiver could block well enough to help outside runs.

Just because you don't think Jackson can throw doesn't mean the Ravens have to continue to rely on misdirection rushing plays. Working in more traditional sets relying on play-action also work. Not every team that's relied on a rushing attack has done so with a running QB.
    He's a much better runner than Tebow, but honestly I'm not sure who the better passer was. It's not even his throwing ability (he has a much better arm and release than Tebow), he just looks incredibly uncomfortable every time a pass play is called.

I think trying to build around the run like they're doing is a lost cause. They need a much more talented running back group to make that happen. Maybe splurging on Bell. And as you said earlier, re-investing in the offensive line. I'm just skeptical it's going to work out unless we see a transformational change from jackson.

Post Count
    He's a much better runner than Tebow, but honestly I'm not sure who the better passer was. It's not even his throwing ability (he has a much better arm and release than Tebow), he just looks incredibly uncomfortable every time a pass play is called.

I think trying to build around the run like they're doing is a lost cause. They need a much more talented running back group to make that happen. Maybe splurging on Bell. And as you said earlier, re-investing in the offensive line. I'm just skeptical it's going to work out unless we see a transformational change from jackson.

I don't think the Ravens are going to do this. I think they were just trying to play to his strengths by it being his rookie year and not have him do too much out of his comfort zone. The original plan was to sit Jackson for a year behind Flacco this year and maybe just have him in on special packages. Flacco went down and they had to go with Jackson. I'm not so sure that the Ravens thought that he would had been as successful as he was with this running attack. In all actuality this style of play almost had them undefeated during the regular season had it not been for a fluke Mahones 4 and 13 toss up in KC. I fully expect during the off season for the Ravens to work on his passing. I think he will get better, but the only thing that worries me about Jackson is his accuracy because that's really not something you can teach someone.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    There have been a lot of Lamar Jacksons over the years and way more often than not, they last one or two years and then fizzle out.

Either defenses catch up to them after watching lots of game tape or they get their legs bent backwards like Cowboy receivers.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    There have been a lot of Lamar Jacksons over the years and way more often than not, they last one or two years and then fizzle out.

Either defenses catch up to them after watching lots of game tape or they get their legs bent backwards like Cowboy receivers.
    but he's really fast

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count

There really haven't been a lot of Jacksons though. He's more than just a running QB (he is a decent pocket-passer by the numbers), but even if he were just a running QB, he'd pretty unique there. He's obviously really fast, but he's also really agile and has tremendous vision. His frame wouldn't let him hold up as a running back, but he'd be a top returner in the league, I think. That wasn't really the case with guys like Young, RGIII, Troy Smith and Tyrod Taylor. Yesterday was easily the most I've seen Jackson scramble. Most of the time (like 80 percent) he runs, it's a designed play. Only QB that I can think of where a legit part of the offense was designed runs was Vick, but even then he was much more of a scrambler and still didn't run nearly as much. RGIII had his read-option plays, but that was also a different offense than the Ravens ran (they didn't actually run the read-option much at all, despite the stereotype).

Jackson's apparently tiny hands worry me a lot more going forward than any of his passing skills. Dude has killer fumbles in both of his losses. He did a great job at limiting his interceptions recently, but the fumbles will be killers going forward, especially the non-contact ones.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    There really haven't been a lot of Jacksons though. He's more than just a running QB...
    Stopped reading here.

Sorry but at this point, no.

Local radio today quoting a media source that said Chargers players knew if it was going to be a Ravens rush or pass by the way the offensive linemen had their feet. An obvious tell.

That would be on Harbaugh.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Stopped reading here.

Sorry but at this point, no.
    You should really keep reading, because that's not the point of the post.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    You should really keep reading, because that's not the point of the post.
    Neh, I bet your bottom line is that he'll be a decent qb in the long term.

My bottom line is that he'll probably be finished as a starter by 2021.... Or sooner.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Neh, I bet your bottom line is that he'll be a decent qb in the long term.

My bottom line is that he'll probably be finished as a starter by 2021.... Or sooner.
    Has nothing to do with what I said. Thinking that he'll fail is completely separate from thinking he's the same as other running QBs.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Has nothing to do with what I said. Thinking that he'll fail is completely separate from thinking he's the same as other running QBs.
    He's the same as other running QBs in that a running QB in the NFL in the long run is a fail.

If they keep designing runs for him, they're gonna get him killed.

Thread Information