Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    they're 2-4 and still have arguably the tiest defense in the NFL. They're going to finish 6-10 at best.

NFC South homer

I actually agree with this; i think the taints are a team. I just also think Atlanta is a bunch of frauds like they are every year. i honestly can't think of a softer player than Ryan in the nfl

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    I actually agree with this; i think the taints are a team. I just also think Atlanta is a bunch of frauds like they are every year. i honestly can't think of a softer player than Ryan in the nfl
    Don't be fooled. He's basically saying the NFC South is soft, which it isn't. The Falcons may be fools gold and the Saints may not have a defense, but they are two tough teams to play. Anytime you play QB's with that type of accuracy it's a tough game. Remember, he is a Patriots fan. He ignores that the division has been one of the best for years until last year.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Dude did you watch the game? That line sucks, like it always does. Matt Ryan plays like this every game. Too many small mistakes.
    yeah i watched and it was pretty freaking great. the rbs rushed for 8.2 ypc and it wasn't fluky, they had enormous wholes on every running play. they had no problem moving the offense, they just made too many mistakes and abandoned the run in the second. 3 lost fumbles to 0 and a blocked punt for a td. yeah, you ain't winning .

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    yeah i watched and it was pretty freaking great. the rbs rushed for 8.2 ypc and it wasn't fluky, they had enormous wholes on every running play. they had no problem moving the offense, they just made too many mistakes and abandoned the run in the second. 3 lost fumbles to 0 and a blocked punt for a td. yeah, you ain't winning .

NO didn't score off any of those fumbles, iirc.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    NO didn't score off any of those fumbles, iirc.
    Neither did Atlanta.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Neither did Atlanta.
    point being that ty ass healthy ATL defense allowed three touchdowns

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Neither did Atlanta.
    What are you tryin to say? Good teams don't turn it over in crucial times.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    The Tampa game they could have easily won. Missed FG and missed extra point hurt them there. The Carolina game went down to the wire as well. McCown threw a pick in the red zone late. However, they could have lost the Cowboys game too.
    They lost the Tampa game by 7 points. A missed XP and missed FG account for 4 points. Your math isn't adding up.

McCown's INT was also a desperation pass on 3rd down that was maybe an unlucky interception but had no shot at being completed. If it was simply an incompletion, it would have been 4th and 6, so chances are high that NO would still lose the game.

These are also all plays that had to do with poor execution, it's not like they were just unlucky plays that don't reflect on how good/bad the Saints are. Missing FGs and throwing redzone interceptions are two things that bad teams do and good teams don't do.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    "If you don't count any of the interceptions or missed field goals, the Saints are actually really good!"

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Don't be fooled. He's basically saying the NFC South is soft, which it isn't.
    No I'm not, you only think I am because you're that defensive and touchy about the Panthers so you interpret talking about any NFC South team as an indirect jab at the Panthers.

I don't think the NFC South is a great division or anything but I think it's better than the NFC East, AFC South (by far the worst division), and AFC West and not any worse than a few other divisions. I essentially think it's a middle of the pack division strength-wise. Do you feel better now?

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    They lost the Tampa game by 7 points. A missed XP and missed FG account for 4 points. Your math isn't adding up.

McCown's INT was also a desperation pass on 3rd down that was maybe an unlucky interception but had no shot at being completed. If it was simply an incompletion, it would have been 4th and 6, so chances are high that NO would still lose the game.

These are also all plays that had to do with poor execution, it's not like they were just unlucky plays that don't reflect on how good/bad the Saints are. Missing FGs and throwing redzone interceptions are two things that bad teams do and good teams don't do.
    In the Tampa game, they were in FG range for the final drive so potentially they could have tied the game instead of going for a late touchdown and maybe sent it to OT.

But the point wasn't about unlucky plays. It was just being a play or two away from winning the game. Two different arguments. Saints were close to winning both of those games. No one said bad luck or unlucky plays. They could have easily lost the Cowboys game as well

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    In the Tampa game, they were in FG range for the final drive so potentially they could have tied the game instead of going for a late touchdown and maybe sent it to OT.

But the point wasn't about unlucky plays. It was just being a play or two away from winning the game. Two different arguments. Saints were close to winning both of those games. No one said bad luck or unlucky plays. They could have easily lost the Cowboys game as well
    Don't be intellectually dishonest, bad/unlucky plays is what was implied since the original argument was that the Saints are better than their record indicates. If all we're talking about are a few plays that the Saints executed poorly on then that does not to disprove them being a bad team since that's what bad teams do, they execute poorly.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    What are you tryin to say? Good teams don't turn it over in crucial times.
    I was making the point that the Saints defense isn't great and those turnovers probably kept a couple of Atlanta touchdowns off the board.
    Someone was making the point that those TO's didn't help the Saints (because they didn't score off of them). But a couple of them were deep in NO territory.

You won't get any argument from me about Atlanta not being great.

3rd best team in the division, tbh..

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Atlanta
    cucked by Blaine Gabbust
    blew their load in the first half of the season

Still would rather see them win than the Cats tbh.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    has OP ever been right about anything? avante-like

In Bud We Trust SquawkinHawkBigCock's Avatar
    My Team
    Atlanta Falcons
    Post Count
    This ing guy is a massive bad luck charm just like I said.

you OP

In Bud We Trust SquawkinHawkBigCock's Avatar
    My Team
    Atlanta Falcons
    Post Count
    This guy is the NFL forum version of the Hater Curse

The "stare at Julio for 20 seconds on every play" offense isn't working anymore..

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    The "stare at Julio for 20 seconds on every play" offense isn't working anymore..
    Hey, at least the Falcons don't have Aqeeb Taliban drawing game-ending penalties for being a dumb jihadist terrorist

Damn, bro..they might be one of the 3 worst teams in the NFC..

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Damn, bro..they might be one of the 3 worst teams in the NFC..
    I can easily see the Bucs making it in over the Falcons.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    UNT I'm glad you enjoyed the bandwagon, but you have to understand why this is bumped

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    UNT I'm glad you enjoyed the bandwagon, but you have to understand why this is bumped
    they've lost 6 of 7 I really don't understand what happened to this offense it was awesome early on... now it looks like they're not even going to get a wild card due to the resurgence of the Seahawks. The NFC wildcards are really anyone's

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count

Matty got throwing coaches under the bus

Blaming coaches for red zone interceptions week after week

Thread Information