Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This is the stupidest diplomatic move I have ever seen? Or what am I missing?

Germany, france and brittain immediately reject Trumps move because....

THE US QUIT THE IRAN DEAL YEARS AGO

What the are they doing out there???

Pompoopoo

Unles Im ing missing something this is the worst most stupid embarrasing move in the history of the United Nations

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Pompeo and Trump are like 2 filthy pigs that just broke into a chess tournament

Dear lord

I might abstain from voting again nigs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its a dark day for Trump today

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    from her tiny prison cell...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump winning!

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    from her tiny prison cell...

Gitmo twitter

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Daniel Larison, analytical as ever

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sidebar:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Daniel Larison, analytical as ever

Maybe there will be a legal fight?

I read that US plan was to trigger the snapback and the states that disagree had 30 days to get a rejection approved. Russia and China mainly.

But everyone looked at US as if they were nuts because they obviously quit the agreement. Maybe US will fight to say that agreement, it was impossible for one side to quit. But that would go against all the rhetoric and boasting Trump did las 2 years.

Crazy days. Its a chaos strategy IMO. Fight for everything even reality. US will eventually say sky is red not blue and fight for this to keep countries puzzled and occupied

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe there will be a legal fight?

I read that US plan was to trigger the snapback and the states that disagree had 30 days to get a rejection approved. Russia and China mainly.

But everyone looked at US as if they were nuts because they obviously quit the agreement. Maybe US will fight to say that agreement, it was impossible for one side to quit. But that would go against all the rhetoric and boasting Trump did las 2 years.

Crazy days. Its a chaos strategy IMO. Fight for everything even reality. US will eventually say sky is red not blue and fight for this to keep countries puzzled and occupied
    Are you high?

The US has no standing to trigger any provision of the JPCOA. This battle is already lost, unless, as Larison supposes, the real aim is to burnish domestic political support by stigmatizing the UNSC for "standing with" the evil Iranians.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dont blame me its trump and the US state department who are high as

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you high?

The US has no standing to trigger any provision of the JPCOA. This battle is already lost, unless, as Larison supposes, the real aim is to burnish domestic political support by stigmatizing the UNSC for "standing with" the evil Iranians.
    From RT. They got it right. I knew there was more to this.

A likely outcome will be that the Security Council fails to recognize the US submission of a resolution, followed by the US refusing to recognize the Security Council’s ability to prevent such a resolution from being submitted. The US will seek to submit the resolution, then immediately veto it, and claim that the “snap back” has been accomplished. The rest of the Security Council will reject this action, and deem the JCPOA to be in play, free of UN sanctions. The US will then sanction any party which fails to comply with the UN sanctions.

If this were in fact to occur, it would mean the functional death of the UN Security Council, an outcome many in the Trump administration appear willing to live with. Faced with the inevitability of this outcome, some members–especially the French, Germans and Brits–may be compelled to reexamine their position on the lifting of the arms embargo, seeking a compromise solution that salvages the JCPOA while denying Iran access to Russian and Chinese armaments. This may be the goal of the US all along. If so, it is an extremely dangerous one that is based on a false predicate, namely that there is a combination of economic and diplomatic pressure that can be placed on Iran to compel it to renegotiate the JCPOA. Simply put, there is not, and for the Trump administration to proceed as if there is only endangers regional and international peace and security.

Looks like Trump will play a game of chicken with UN security council.

Looks like pussy Britain, France and Germany will again submit and try their hardest to find a compromise to avoid a total UN security council obliteration.

If Trump wins hes a damn beast. If he loses, everyone loses as the UN security council will basically become obsolete.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From ma niga moon of alabama

The U.S. hopes to pressure Iran until it formally declares the deal dead. That could then give pretext for launching a larger conflict against the country. But as long as the other deal members hold up their commitments Iran is likely to stick to the deal.

The U.S. therefore swings the wreaking ball that it calls foreign policy against anyone who still supports the deal.

The U.S. will now pretend that its illegal move triggered the 30 days period that is foreseen in resolution 2231 before sanctions would come back. In 30 days it will pretend that the UN sanctions are back. After that the U.S. will sanctions those countries which ignore UN sanctions against Iran that do not exist:

The United States will not hesitate to impose sanctions on any nation that opposes its effort to "snapback" United Nations sanctions on Iran, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo told "Special Report" Wednesday night.

"When we have seen any country violate our current sanctions, the current American sanctions, we have held every nation accountable for that," Pompeo told host Bret Baier. "We will do the same with respect to the broader U.N. Security Council sanctions as well."

I hope that the U.S. will follow through on this. The more it sanctions left and right for totally irrational reasons the more incentives will other countries have to build mechanisms that make U.S. sanctions ineffective and useless. Russia has already done that and China to some extend. The Europeans should have done this long ago but are only now considering it seriously.

There are also counter measures that could and should be considered. A European tax on digital products would seriously hurt Google, Facebook, Ebay and other U.S. companies. When their profits and stocks drop the Trump administration might learn that wreaking balls have the tendency to swing back.

Hopefully he is right. I just dont put much stock on courage of the pussy ass EU nations

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think they all might wait out the election at this point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think they all might wait out the election at this point.
    Cant. Theres 30 day timer going on. At 30 days USA will feel they have green light. Trump will pull the trigger we know that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cant. Theres 30 day timer going on. At 30 days USA will feel they have green light. Trump will pull the trigger we know that
    Right. I can see their tolerating sanctions for a time or making the end runs China and Russia have.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right. I can see their tolerating sanctions for a time or making the end runs China and Russia have.
    They would be banking on Trump losing the election which is about a 50/50 shot.

Risk your economy from total US obliteration on a 50% shot?

Its the pussy eurotrash we are talking about. My call is that they will fold if they cannot prevent US from triggering snapbacks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They would be banking on Trump losing the election which is about a 50/50 shot.

Risk your economy from total US obliteration on a 50% shot?

Its the pussy eurotrash we are talking about. My call is that they will fold if they cannot prevent US from triggering snapbacks
    It wouldn't be obliteration, especially if they can mitigate like MoA says.

A depression is the best time for Trump to start a trade war. Only good things can happen.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sidebar:

The Democrat bench is not inspiring but holy this is depressing.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    The Democrat bench is not inspiring but holy this is depressing.
    If Trump loses there's no way to predict who wins in 2024, especially if he loses big. I could see them doubling down on the authoritarian and going with Tom Cotton, or going more moderate and trying to appeal to a wider base with someone like Rubio. It's a totally unknown range of outcomes.

Meanwhile if Trump wins the rest of the party might legit be too scared to challenge Don Jr. in 2024.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Actually nevermind, if Trump wins we're going to be at 25% unemployment by 2024 with a median household income under $40k and tens of millions of homeless people living in modern day Hoovervilles. There would be an unimaginable amount of infighting in that scenario.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This is the stupidest diplomatic move I have ever seen? Or what am I missing?

Germany, france and brittain immediately reject Trumps move because....

THE US QUIT THE IRAN DEAL YEARS AGO

What the are they doing out there???

Pompoopoo

Unles Im ing missing something this is the worst most stupid embarrasing move in the history of the United Nations
    You're not.

That is where the US is... a laughing stock.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Trump loses there's no way to predict who wins in 2024, especially if he loses big. I could see them doubling down on the authoritarian and going with Tom Cotton, or going more moderate and trying to appeal to a wider base with someone like Rubio. It's a totally unknown range of outcomes.

Meanwhile if Trump wins the rest of the party might legit be too scared to challenge Don Jr. in 2024.
    The Grifting Old Party will have to live with the Trump Taint for the rest of my kids' lives, they have lost an entire generation. Doubling down on old white people is not a long term strategy for any national party.

Democrats are simply going to be favored to win the white house for the rest of my life, unless something changes. One or two more cycles will see Texas fully in play, and that will be the end of it.

Thread Information