PDA

View Full Version : New TV series - The walking Dead

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

phyzik
09-28-2010, 04:30 PM
Did a search and was suprised I didnt find a post about this since it was shown at comic-con...

Anyway, looks pretty cool... I love me some zombies!

And yes, its a TV series, not a movie.

yg46DWI_fCE

LnGrrrR
09-28-2010, 04:40 PM
Uhm... I'm assuming you're not familiar with the comic book it's based off of, same name?

The comic book is absolutely gruesome, and a wonderfully written book. If this thing isn't NC-17 it won't be holding true to the comic. Can't wait to see how they translate it to the big screen.

2pac > Kobe
09-28-2010, 04:40 PM
dude are you fucking high

Zelophehad
09-28-2010, 09:03 PM
I've read all of the issues, you can download them via torrent and read them off of Comic Rack. It has a great storyline and writing. The important thing is not to think of is as another Zombie movie, because I know people are tired of those to a certain degree. The Zombie Apocalypse is just a setting, like in a sci fi movie in the future where there is advanced technology or flying cars or whatever that's just the setting, it's the story and the characters that eventually will make or break it. There is tons of standard Zombie movie stuff, but there are characters, families, pregnancies, people falling on love, drifting apart, etc.

Zelophehad
09-28-2010, 09:09 PM
One other thing; as good as the comics are, they would have been way better if Moore had stayed on as the artist. He's 95x better than Adlard.

IronMexican
09-28-2010, 09:13 PM
We had a thread on this. I'll give it a chance, since it's AMC.

Trainwreck2100
09-28-2010, 11:55 PM
Next week this guy's gonna start a dexter thread

IronMaxipad
10-20-2010, 12:09 PM
Pilot leaked but it's shit quality

phyzik
10-31-2010, 01:57 AM
This shit starts tomorrow.....

Did another search, specifically in the club, and still didnt see this "other" thread.

Was it under another title?

Vets should know my track record, I RARELY make a post about a movie or TV show if its already up here.

And fuck you Trainwreck. :lol

BlairForceDejuan
10-31-2010, 09:47 PM
Good so far. Zombies look great even in Soap Opera Mode on my TV.

ChuckD
10-31-2010, 10:33 PM
"Hey you. Yeah you, the dumbass in the tank. Are you cozy in there?"

:lol

TIMMYD!
10-31-2010, 10:36 PM
Usually I don't have the patience to sit through long episodes in a TV series but this one just got me hooked.

BlackSwordsMan
10-31-2010, 10:45 PM
Spoilers maybe? dunno w/e

after the part when the cop goes back to the park to kill that legless whore zombie were there more scenes afterwards?

ChumpDumper
10-31-2010, 10:48 PM
Spoilers maybe? dunno w/e

after the part when the cop goes back to the park to kill that legless whore zombie were there more scenes afterwards?:lol you missed a whole half hour. Go watch the replay.

BlackSwordsMan
10-31-2010, 10:49 PM
yeah imma play rdr for an hour and catch the last 30
thanks

Frenzy
10-31-2010, 10:53 PM
so far so good.

Cant_Be_Faded
10-31-2010, 11:49 PM
Not bad. I'm sticking with it so far.

One complaint---if AMC is allowed to show blood, blood bursting, flowing, gushing, and naked dead corpses without nipples....why the fuck do they edit their Friday the 13th and Halloween and Nightmare on Elm Street movies so brutally?

Ridiculous.

I'll stick with this show though, it's pretty good so far.

Johnny RIngo
11-01-2010, 01:24 AM
One other thing; as good as the comics are, they would have been way better if Moore had stayed on as the artist. He's 95x better than Adlard.

Moore's better but he was considerably slower in his output and was struggling to meet deadlines. The replacement was necessary.

The Gemini Method
11-01-2010, 10:55 AM
A very promising show to start and it will get better as the season goes on. The creators have been true to the graphic novel, but the level of gore and depravity that went on in the novel will probably be scaled back for this series, but the first episode has me interested in keeping up with the show. Mad Men/Breaking Bad/The Walking Dead and The Killing in 2011 keeps AMC as the must-see-cable-TV station this side of Showtime.

Mark in Austin
11-01-2010, 11:48 AM
:tu for the first episode. We'll see once Darabont's involvement is scaled back...

JudynTX
11-01-2010, 11:51 AM
I was watching it, then I fell asleep. :(

Death In June
11-01-2010, 05:50 PM
I read very little of the comic, but I thought this first episode did it justice. They did a great job. The zombie apocalypse is a perfect setting for a television series.

rr2418
11-01-2010, 06:08 PM
Will we eventually find out what happened and how did the dead start coming back to life?

Melmart1
11-02-2010, 12:36 AM
Highest rated debut ever for AMC, I hope they can keep that up! If they do, they are sure to continue to be able to make the series w/o any interference.

BlairForceDejuan
11-02-2010, 09:43 AM
I'm glad Lennie James got some work out of this series. He was good in Jericho before the network did him wrong.

Robert Hawkins has got this zombie apocalypse on lockdown sons.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:rsoj0TyETMz8UM:http://www.thatblackgirlsite.com/wp-content/gallery/7.%20Imported%20Chocolate/Lennie%20James.jpg&t=1

AmericanPsycho
11-02-2010, 10:04 AM
Good start.

LoneStarState'sPride
11-02-2010, 10:24 AM
Excellent start to the series--hoping it stays this good!

CuckingFunt
11-02-2010, 04:40 PM
I like both Lenny James and Andrew Lincoln, but their American accents were a tad inconsistent and it distracted me every so slightly.

That said, I have not a single other complaint about the first episode.

scampers
11-03-2010, 07:02 PM
I prefer 28 Days Later style zombies.

But the show is still kickass. About time someone puts out a zombie apocalypse TV show. I really enjoyed the first episode.

Cant_Be_Faded
11-03-2010, 08:12 PM
I prefer 28 Days Later style zombies.

Part of what makes this show more feasible and believable (wow what stupid words to use describing a zombie show) is the fact that they are NOT 28 Days Later / Dawn of the Dead remake style zombies.

Because everyone knows if zombies run fast as fuck, and the tinniest little splatter of zombie blood on your mucous membranes makes you one of them the chance of humans surviving is ZERO. :lol

The stiff, slow ass zombie style makes it reasonable to believe people can survive.

scampers
11-03-2010, 08:25 PM
Part of what makes this show more feasible and believable (wow what stupid words to use describing a zombie show) is the fact that they are NOT 28 Days Later / Dawn of the Dead remake style zombies.

Because everyone knows if zombies run fast as fuck, and the tinniest little splatter of zombie blood on your mucous membranes makes you one of them the chance of humans surviving is ZERO. :lol

The stiff, slow ass zombie style makes it reasonable to believe people can survive.

True... but, its about zombies thus not feasible by default, as you said :P Though to be honest, the 28 Days zombies sure did a number on England. There really weren't that many survivors. They managed to spread out of military enforced containment, too. IMO they do the damage they are supposed to.

I do believe 28 Days Later provided the most feasible explanation of just what causes people to turn into zombies.

Trill Clinton
11-03-2010, 08:48 PM
Dope series

Cant_Be_Faded
11-03-2010, 08:50 PM
True... but, its about zombies thus not feasible by default, as you said :P Though to be honest, the 28 Days zombies sure did a number on England. There really weren't that many survivors. They managed to spread out of military enforced containment, too. IMO they do the damage they are supposed to.

I do believe 28 Days Later provided the most feasible explanation of just what causes people to turn into zombies.

Well any talk about zombies gonbe silly. But my take is that any animated corpse's vigor will be determined by the quality of the muscle tissue at the time of becoming a zombie. (A 100 year old corpse will never run like a cheetah) Furthermore, no fucking way they continue to remain vigorous indefinitely and animated indefinitely without continually feeding. This is why the Day of the Dead/hunker down and wait scenario should always work because those legions should eventually de-animate and become normal corpses once they have not fed to power their body.

lol
/geek

TIMMYD!
11-03-2010, 09:44 PM
a

easjer
11-03-2010, 10:04 PM
I'm glad Lennie James got some work out of this series. He was good in Jericho before the network did him wrong.

Robert Hawkins has got this zombie apocalypse on lockdown sons.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:rsoj0TyETMz8UM:http://www.thatblackgirlsite.com/wp-content/gallery/7.%20Imported%20Chocolate/Lennie%20James.jpg&t=1

WORD. I love me and miss me some Hawkins.

Since Lenny James is in it, and the reviews are good, I'll try to catch up.

lil_penny
11-04-2010, 01:09 AM
great first episode.. just got done watching it!

MaNuMaNiAc
11-04-2010, 01:17 AM

actually, one of the things that bothered me about the first episode was seeing all the military equipment (tanks, vehycles, etc) deserted there as if the army got overun by zombies and had to leave everything behind...

anyone buy the premise that a bunch of slow ass, dumb as fuck zombies managed to overrun the American military? I think 28 days later style zombies make a zombie apocalypse scenario more plausible.

phyzik
11-04-2010, 03:33 AM
actually, one of the things that bothered me about the first episode was seeing all the military equipment (tanks, vehycles, etc) deserted there as if the army got overun by zombies and had to leave everything behind...

anyone buy the premise that a bunch of slow ass, dumb as fuck zombies managed to overrun the American military? I think 28 days later style zombies make a zombie apocalypse scenario more plausible.

remember, it starts as a fever....

This is one of those pandemic scenarios you hear about on the discovery channel on what could end human life.

By the time anyone knows whats really going on, a SHIT TON of people would be infected......

No ammount of force, short of nuking the planet (and thus destroying us all together) would stop it.

Current Population of New York is almost 20 million..... thats JUST NEW YORK!!! Even if just a 1/4 of that where infected, it would cause problems for ANY military.... and thats just one city.... Nevermind that every kill would have to be a headshot.

phyzik
11-04-2010, 03:33 AM
Well any talk about zombies gonbe silly. But my take is that any animated corpse's vigor will be determined by the quality of the muscle tissue at the time of becoming a zombie. (A 100 year old corpse will never run like a cheetah) Furthermore, no fucking way they continue to remain vigorous indefinitely and animated indefinitely without continually feeding. This is why the Day of the Dead/hunker down and wait scenario should always work because those legions should eventually de-animate and become normal corpses once they have not fed to power their body.

lol
/geek

Fellow zombie geek. :tu

Even if you take "28 Days Later" into account, look what happens to the zombies after not feeding for a while (towards the end).

MaNuMaNiAc
11-04-2010, 09:25 AM
remember, it starts as a fever....

This is one of those pandemic scenarios you hear about on the discovery channel on what could end human life.

By the time anyone knows whats really going on, a SHIT TON of people would be infected......

No ammount of force, short of nuking the planet (and thus destroying us all together) would stop it.

Current Population of New York is almost 20 million..... thats JUST NEW YORK!!! Even if just a 1/4 of that where infected, it would cause problems for ANY military.... and thats just one city.... Nevermind that every kill would have to be a headshot.

those discovery channel pandemic scenarios you're talking about refer to viruses that spread a hell of a lot faster than a zombie fever that only spreads through biting...

I think the reason zombie concepts like 28 days later evolved from classic zombie movies is because a slow spreading decease like one that spreads through bites and scratches is quite easily contained, specially once you don't really need to worry about treating the infected 'cause they are already dead.

I think a "plausible" zombie apocalypse scenario requires 28 days later type zombies with 28 days later type zombie virus.

/nerd

Frenzy
11-04-2010, 07:45 PM

Plus the most important reason....they just fun to shoot.

LoneStarState'sPride
11-04-2010, 09:17 PM
Plus the most important reason....they just fun to shoot.

This.

Last "social class" if you will, that it's politically correct to massacre on the silverscreen lol

SourCandy
11-04-2010, 11:38 PM
Now I want to play a good zombie game.

Melmart1
11-05-2010, 05:34 AM
http://www.hulu.com/watch/190905/the-walking-dead-days-gone-bye

Streaming for free on Hulu. That surprises me, because AMC has never streamed Mad Men online. For those who didn't catch it, here is your chance before the new episode on Sunday.

BlackSwordsMan
11-05-2010, 07:43 AM
Now I want to play a good zombie game.

red dead redemption's undead nightmare

Hooks
11-07-2010, 12:36 AM
Re-watched it again yesterday, it's a pretty darn good show. I was high as shit the first time I watched it and didn't remember much except for the zombie crawling cause it looked creepy as fuck lol. Can't wait for episode 2 :)

Giuseppe
11-07-2010, 08:41 AM
It takes place in present day, but, the characters act like they've never seen a zombie movie, or, heard of George A. Romero. It don't make sense.

Stringer_Bell
11-07-2010, 09:33 AM
It takes place in present day, but, the characters act like they've never seen a zombie movie, or, heard of George A. Romero. It don't make sense.

Maybe George A Romero and/or the theoretical concept of zombies (both the philosophical models used in examples of cognition experiments and the movie style zombies) do not exist in their version of "present world"?

PS: Haven't seen it, will watch before tonight's episode.

Giuseppe
11-07-2010, 11:27 AM
That's convenient, but, utterly ridiculous.

At least it's watchable. I haven't looked forward to a series premier since "The Equalizer" 30 years ago.

scampers
11-07-2010, 11:32 AM
That's convenient, but, utterly ridiculous.

At least it's watchable. I haven't looked forward to a series premier since "The Equalizer" 30 years ago.

It's more entertaining when the characters are oblivious.

Mark in Austin
11-07-2010, 05:19 PM
This.

Last "social class" if you will, that it's politically correct to massacre on the silverscreen lol

oh I don't know... it's still pretty acceptable to kill nazis...

Lt. Aldo Raine
11-07-2010, 07:17 PM
oh I don't know... it's still pretty acceptable to kill nazis...

Feller, you make a goddamn good point. I'm in the killin Natzi business, and cousin, business is a-boomin!

BlackSwordsMan
11-07-2010, 07:45 PM
hi raine :)

Cant_Be_Faded
11-07-2010, 07:55 PM
Looking forward to tonight's episode. Hope this shit stays good and doesn't get all neocon and metrosexual on us.

BlackSwordsMan
11-07-2010, 09:27 PM
i hope obama is the blame for the outbreak

Frenzy
11-07-2010, 10:17 PM
Dam that dude is sure banging his best friends girl..

jeebus
11-07-2010, 10:21 PM
took her only a couple weeks to get over his "death" apparently

SourCandy
11-07-2010, 10:46 PM
She's a slut.

jeebus
11-07-2010, 10:57 PM
ahahahahah, I like how thug life dropped the key and left whitey on the roof

scampers
11-07-2010, 11:25 PM
The guts scene was the shit. The absolute shit.

I love this series so far.

ChuckD
11-07-2010, 11:33 PM
The zombies seem a bit more spry this week. Oh, and WTF? He splatters that zombie all over the back room, and then when they're smearing, he says not to get in in their eyes. He was the only one with eye protection when he was swingin' the old axe!!! He probably just turned them all into zombies!!

jeebus
11-07-2010, 11:44 PM
a LOT more spry. last week they were normal zombies, moaning and stumbling around. this week they're 'dawn of the dead' remake zombies and the sort. at this rate, in 2 weeks they'll be using weapons and using jets to bomb the survivors

ChuckD
11-08-2010, 12:07 AM
Oh, and apparently, they're seeking out other food. I know they ate the horse, but I figured that was opportunistic feeding. Dude in the sewer was eating a rat. Bad news for the humans.

Giuseppe
11-08-2010, 01:34 AM
Only two weeks in and a white guy drops the "n" word & is soundly admonished by the group one after another, in turn, divergent race by race.

Can ya imagine the restraint it took for them to not drop it in week one?

tee, hee.

PakiDan
11-08-2010, 11:32 AM
Grand Wizard on the roof is gonna end up being a bigger pest to the group then the zombies!

The Gemini Method
11-08-2010, 11:45 AM
What's up with the Ash Catch'em lookalike Asian dude?

Giuseppe
11-08-2010, 12:04 PM
Ain't he the kid that ended up with the "Gran Torino?"

The Gemini Method
11-08-2010, 12:08 PM
Ain't he the kid that ended up with the "Gran Torino?"

Not the same actor...

Spurminator
11-08-2010, 01:37 PM
I absolutely hate one-dimensional characters like Merle. Practically no one in this situation would behave as flat out evilly as he did, and no one who did would ever be brought along on on a mission like this.

Characters like this, unfortunately, are a staple of Darabont's films, so I expect that he's going to somehow escape and create a lot of irritatingly unnecessary havoc for the other survivors. Hopefully it won't ruin an otherwise promising show.

jeebus
11-08-2010, 02:04 PM
I absolutely hate one-dimensional characters like Merle. Practically no one in this situation would behave as flat out evilly as he did, and no one who did would ever be brought along on on a mission like this.

Characters like this, unfortunately, are a staple of Darabont's films, so I expect that he's going to somehow escape and create a lot of irritatingly unnecessary havoc for the other survivors. Hopefully it won't ruin an otherwise promising show.
in next week's previews, I'm fairly certain it shows rick wanting to go back and rescue him while his bro, murphy from boondock saints, flips the shit and is going fuckin nuts

Giuseppe
11-08-2010, 03:18 PM

Grand citations, Spurm.

ChuckD
11-08-2010, 07:50 PM

Count on it. Some of the show breakdowns said that there could be as much danger from other survivors as Zombies.

Spurminator
11-08-2010, 09:02 PM
Count on it. Some of the show breakdowns said that there could be as much danger from other survivors as Zombies.

And that's as it should be. I just think they can show power struggles and developing conflict among survivors in a less brutally obvious way.

BlairForceDejuan
11-08-2010, 09:42 PM
This show has too much promise to have to resort to becoming a 10 minute Dodge Challenger commercial. Whatever keeps the show going though I guess.

Hooks
11-08-2010, 09:59 PM
After just 2 episodes there's supposed to be a season 2 according to AMC...I think the first episode had 5 million viewers and the 2nd had 4.7 million.........

monosylab1k
11-09-2010, 09:30 AM
Looking forward to tonight's episode. Hope this shit stays good and doesn't get all neocon and metrosexual on us.

http://i55.tinypic.com/2afn2nr.jpg

Mikey C
11-10-2010, 03:34 AM
Only two weeks in and a white guy drops the "n" word & is soundly admonished by the group one after another, in turn, divergent race by race.

Can ya imagine the restraint it took for them to not drop it in week one?

tee, hee.

The question of the day should be: So why did they feel that bringing the racism issue and the using of the word ###### into the show was necessary? Why? Because it takes place in Atlanta, Georgia and all White people in the south hate all Black people in the south? Propagating stereotypes and promoting racism under the guise of a script is NOT acceptable and it's not the way to solve the problems of racism facing people all over the world. And no, I won't call it "the n word" it's a word and nothing more. It's how how people choose to perceive it and let it affect them is where the problem lies. The use of it in this program was not necessary, it has no relevance other than to fan flames of hatred and anger and racism on both sides black and white. Totally unnecessary and closed minded writing. They could have painted the guy as just being an asshole in general, either way. But they had to roll the race dice. Stupid. And just shows that some people can't let things go and work towards a cohesiveness of equality. Ruined the show for me and after letting AMC know exactly what I thought, it was the last episode I will watch. Flame on.......

LoneStarState'sPride
11-10-2010, 03:51 AM
The question of the day should be: So why did they feel that bringing the racism issue and the using of the word ###### into the show was necessary? Why? Because it takes place in Atlanta, Georgia and all White people in the south hate all Black people in the south? Propagating stereotypes and promoting racism under the guise of a script is NOT acceptable and it's not the way to solve the problems of racism facing people all over the world. And no, I won't call it "the n word" it's a word and nothing more. It's how how people choose to perceive it and let it affect them is where the problem lies. The use of it in this program was not necessary, it has no relevance other than to fan flames of hatred and anger and racism on both sides black and white. Totally unnecessary and closed minded writing. They could have painted the guy as just being an asshole in general, either way. But they had to roll the race dice. Stupid. And just shows that some people can't let things go and work towards a cohesiveness of equality. Ruined the show for me and after letting AMC know exactly what I thought, it was the last episode I will watch. Flame on.......

tl;dr on your first post. Well done :toast

Capt Bringdown
11-10-2010, 05:20 AM
I haven't read the comics, I assumed at least some of their popularity stemmed from an original take on zombies. So far I'm not seeing much original at all with the TV series. I hope that it gets better.

The direction they're heading towards seems to be a soap opera set in a rather derivative and uninterestingly rendered zombieland.

Giuseppe
11-10-2010, 10:03 AM

Outstanding work, Mikey.

leemajors
11-10-2010, 10:07 AM
I haven't read the comics, I assumed at least some of their popularity stemmed from an original take on zombies. So far I'm not seeing much original at all with the TV series. I hope that it gets better.

The direction they're heading towards seems to be a soap opera set in a rather derivative and uninterestingly rendered zombieland.

from what everyone tells me, the source material is more about the survivors than the zombies.

Capt Bringdown
11-17-2010, 05:40 AM
Episode 3 was the best of the lot so far. Somewhat predictable plotting, but pretty good for TV I reckon.

ChuckD
11-17-2010, 08:25 AM
Dumb redneck. He snags the saw...and saws through his fucking arm? What, he couldn't see that chain holding him there? WTF?

leemajors
11-17-2010, 09:20 AM
Dumb redneck. He snags the saw...and saws through his fucking arm? What, he couldn't see that chain holding him there? WTF?

going through bone is probably a little quicker with those zombies pounding at the door

Trill Clinton
11-17-2010, 09:40 AM

lol I thought the exact same thing. he could have easily sawed through one of the small links. I guess the writers were going for an eerie effect.

desflood
11-17-2010, 09:51 AM
That's what my husband said.

going through bone is probably a little quicker with those zombies pounding at the door
And that's what I said :lol

resistanze
11-17-2010, 09:55 AM
I actually think sawing through links might be quicker than trying to saw off your own arm :lol

Jose Canseco
11-17-2010, 10:01 AM
I caught the show and thought it was pretty decent. I'll catch it when I can. I didn't read the comics and don't know anything about zombie folklore. So I got a few quick questions about it and what some people earlier were talking about the "plausibility" storylines.

So from what I gather, when zombies go after uninfected people, they eat em up to the guts pretty good. So I'm curious why there are so many zombies, but also most of the zombies who look pretty in tact with their limbs and vital organs. Wouldn't more of these zombies have arms and legs missing, guts spewing out of their stomachs, half eaten necks? So in traditional zombie folklore, do zombies stop eating on the flesh once a zombie is fully turned? How long does it take to turn? Or is it just as simple as the fact that zombies are so slow that most people even when infected get away before they turn? Also wonder why zombies don't feed on each other. If the infection rate is so high and fast, at some point they'll need to move onto cannibalism, don't you think?

desflood
11-17-2010, 10:03 AM
How come nobody in zombie movies or tv has ever heard of zombies? Do they live in an alternate reality?

ObiwanGinobili
11-17-2010, 11:25 AM
I'm gonna be all up in this thread so I'll just park my chair here.

I'm a HUGE Kirkman fan, and have every issue of The Walking Dead including variant covers (plus Invincible, Brit, Wolfman, etc etc). Obviously I was on pins and needles waiting for the show!
So far so good. I'm happy with most of the casting, and the way the scenes are shoot - just looks great.

I doubt a flimsy hacksaw would have cut thru the links on those hand cuffs.
What irked me about that episode however is this: if he was close enough to wing is belt @ the tools - then he was close enough to swing his legs over there, extend his body as far as possible from the pipe, and blindly pull the tools towards him with his feet.
However, he is a stupid redneck. so there ya go.

ObiwanGinobili
11-17-2010, 11:25 AM
How come nobody in zombie movies or tv has ever heard of zombies? Do they live in an alternate reality?

yeah, I don't get that. WTF?

except in Shaun of the Dead. they knew exactly what zombies were.

ObiwanGinobili
11-17-2010, 11:29 AM

A freaking men! Or even Ottley.
I'm not happy with the penciler for Guarding the globe either... he makes Brit look retarded.

greyforest
11-17-2010, 11:45 AM
I actually think sawing through links might be quicker than trying to saw off your own arm :lol

absolutely. the bones in your wrist would be much more difficult to saw through than a 1/4" chain link. also, your arm is filled with nerve endings and that chain link is not. furthermore, since you're slicing through the blood vessels in your wrist you are effectively committing suicide.

this show pisses me off in so many ways similar to this but i still watch it.

The Gemini Method
11-17-2010, 11:50 AM
lol @ Shane going Pacquiao on Ed because his p#$sy went back to her husband...

CuckingFunt
11-17-2010, 05:01 PM
Sawing at the wrist made the most sense. The last thing you want to do in that situation is wear down the blade trying unsuccessfully to saw through metal (at an odd angle with no leverage) only to have to cut off your hand anyway, but with a dull hacksaw.

phyzik
11-17-2010, 05:28 PM
What I want to know is why people try and rationalize everything....

its fucking TV people...

If you want reality, stop watching TV...

but yeah, I thought the same thing too, then remembered I was watching a show about a zombie epidemic. :lol

ObiwanGinobili
11-17-2010, 07:51 PM

its fucking TV people...

but yeah, I thought the same thing too, then remembered I was watching a show about a zombie epidemic. :lol
:nope zombies are real mofo!
:lmao

MaNuMaNiAc
11-17-2010, 10:43 PM
Half way through the third episode. I just can't stand the sheriff's wife. I mean, I understand that in a situation like that one does what he/she needs to survive, but I just can't seem to like her. She's still a lying, cheating bitch in my book.

Other than thoroughly disliking her, so far so good for the series, I think.

Cant_Be_Faded
11-17-2010, 10:50 PM

obiwanginobili W T F wha hwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

is this the year 2005 or what

desflood
11-18-2010, 10:22 AM
Someday they will be. That's why I put this on my new car.

http://i54.tinypic.com/hwjuvp.jpg

My kid looked at it and said, "So, we're ZORT now?" :lol

jeebus
11-21-2010, 10:20 PM
tonight's ep shows promise, even with the cholos showing up and tryin to be billy badasses

BlackSwordsMan
11-21-2010, 10:43 PM
this show is still on tv?

jeebus
11-21-2010, 11:01 PM
amc

Death In June
11-21-2010, 11:02 PM
Great episode. Reminds me of lost, in some respects. Some cheesy lines, suspension of disbelief, and over-acted scenes, but great television for the most part. I've had some of the upcoming conflicts spoiled for me. They sound awesome.

Spurminator
11-21-2010, 11:02 PM
The "gang" side story was pretty lame this episode.

resistanze
11-21-2010, 11:05 PM

Yeah, that took an unexpected fruity turn. But still overall a decent episode.

jeebus
11-21-2010, 11:09 PM
I like ol boy with the crossbow, I hope he doesn't get screwed over. I thought the whole "thug" part was stupid too and, even though it turned out alright, I still hope they all get attacked by the zombies...just because they're still playing the stupid "gangster" bit. but yeah, good episode

ChuckD
11-21-2010, 11:17 PM
Sorry to see the young sis go, but it was MORE than offset by the fat wife abuser getting chomped.

ChuckD
11-21-2010, 11:20 PM
BTW, they need to run into the consigliere of the ATL mob and get some fucking guns with silencers.

lil'mo
11-21-2010, 11:25 PM

PakiDan
11-21-2010, 11:29 PM
The little 'Vato' that kicked off the gang storyline is from San Antonio. He's a senior at Stevens High School in the Northside ISD. Oh - and IronMexican makes a cameo as well.

Trill Clinton
11-21-2010, 11:29 PM

Indeed, it got even worse when they show all the old farts in the back and "G" tells Rick that he is a custodian. Fucking posers.:rolleyes

IronMexican
11-22-2010, 12:03 AM
Oh - and IronMexican makes a cameo as well.

It was kind of lame to even add a somewhat cholo cast to this show.

PakiDan
11-22-2010, 12:12 AM
It was kind of lame to even add a somewhat cholo cast to this show.

This was actually the only episode to be written by Robert Kirkman himself!

phyzik
11-22-2010, 01:38 AM
I liked this last episode.... It was engaging.

I just got a feeling that the Korean kid is gonna get fucked up soon.

SourCandy
11-22-2010, 02:04 AM
There needs to be a zombie sweep,to many live people coming into the show.

Johnny RIngo
11-22-2010, 03:26 AM

Originality doesn't have a lot to do with it. The popularity stems from the fact that it reads like a never-ending zombie movie. There's a large amount of people that have always wanted to see what happens to the surviving characters in a zombie film and Walking Dead delivers in that aspect. Some characters become crippled, other die, new ones are introduced, romances develop, rival factions emerge, all in the midst of a zombie epidemic. They move from place to place searching for that ultimate paradise while trying to maintain civil order within a large group of people. It's formulaic but it works.

Like you said, it's a soap opera-ish take on survivalist fiction like The Road, I Am Legend, Lucifer's Hammer, etc.

Johnny RIngo
11-22-2010, 03:33 AM

Return of the Living Dead (1985):

http://www.best-horror-movies.com/images/Return-of-the-living-dead-movie-poster-small.jpg

Frank: Let me ask you a question: did you ever see that movie, "Night of the Living Dead"?
Freddy: Oh, yeah, yeah - that's the one where the corpses start eating the people, right? What about it?
Frank: Did you know that story was based on a true case?
Freddy: [chuckles] Aw, c'mon, you're shitting me, right?
Frank: I ain't never been more serious in my life.
-------------------------------------------------
Burt Wilson: I thought you said if we destroyed the brain, it'd die!
Frank: It worked in the movie!
Burt Wilson: Well, it ain't working now, Frank!
Freddy: You mean the movie lied?

Johnny RIngo
11-22-2010, 03:42 AM

Probably an homage to Mad Max(also seen in Saw and Watchmen)

Capt Bringdown
11-24-2010, 06:22 AM

It's almost as if the series demands a fan edit, for in every episode there are some real cringe-worthy segments mixed in with some pretty good stuff. I guess that's the nature of series TV.

I enjoyed episode 4, save for the gang sidetrack and the transparent foreboding back at the camp (gee, I wonder why that man is digging graves...).

A horror show needs a little horror now and then methinks. The zombie attack was well done, even if you knew it was coming.

ChuckD
11-28-2010, 11:13 PM
Wow. Just fucking wow.

BlairForceDejuan
11-29-2010, 12:12 AM
This episode gave me LOST flashbacks of the bearded guy in the hatch that Desmond replaced.

Frenzy
11-29-2010, 12:45 AM
Not much zombie action in this last episode. I thought for sure that blonde had it coming the way she was nursing her sister's dead corpse.

Death In June
11-29-2010, 02:00 AM
I enjoyed this episode. I was hoping they'd reach the prison story arch this season. From what I've heard, that's one of the more memorable parts of the series.

4>0rings
11-29-2010, 02:53 AM
Episode was lame until the very end. Sucks there is only 1 more episode left. I guess I'll catch up on my Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Dexter, etc... I'am starting to like the redneck that has both hands right now, he seems to know what to do. I'd be fine if he had my back in zombie apocalypse.

ChuckD
11-29-2010, 10:36 PM
I enjoyed this episode. I was hoping they'd reach the prison story arch this season. From what I've heard, that's one of the more memorable parts of the series.

??? In only six episodes? Even though they've renewed, they only bought six up front. They did the same thing with BB.

jeebus
11-30-2010, 04:34 PM
??? In only six episodes? Even though they've renewed, they only bought six up front. They did the same thing with BB.
It's probably a safer way to introduce the series than order a whole season, or even half of one. That way if it sucked, they're only out a bit of money. Still, they were pretty quick to order the next batch of 12(?) episodes after the pilot aired, which is good.

Viva Las Espuelas
12-01-2010, 12:47 PM
I'm in no way a fan of zombie movies and such but this series is pretty bad ass. I thoroughly enjoy it. Can't believe it's almost done. Yes. I know. What an original post to add to this discussion.

Death In June
12-05-2010, 11:30 PM
Good season finale. I guess season 2 won't start until next fall?

LnGrrrR
12-06-2010, 03:04 AM
Overall, pretty good. Doesn't hold a candle to the graphic novel; starting to think it never will. Still, a decent show on its own merit.

Frenzy
12-06-2010, 03:31 AM
I'll keep trying to break the rocket proof door with the axe!!

The Gemini Method
12-06-2010, 11:49 AM
I'll keep trying to break the rocket proof door with the axe!!

Desperation...leads to not caring that it'll take more than a rocket to blow that door off its hinges...

BlackSwordsMan
12-06-2010, 11:52 AM
It would have been a better ending if they all died trying to escape and then in the end gave up and BOOM.

jeebus
12-06-2010, 01:39 PM
It would have been a better ending if they all died trying to escape and then in the end gave up and BOOM.
That'd kinda ruin season 2 but still, it woulda been funny. The show would now be centered on the one armed bandit, the 2 africans and the cholos protecting the old people.

I kinda liked the finale but kinda didn't. I hate how they keep passing up on weapons when they're just laying around EVERYWHERE. Even the doc said there was plenty lying around...but they stick with the pistols and shottys? Hmm.... Anyways, there's plenty of places/structures that are easily defendable. Just gotta clear em out.

Viva Las Espuelas
12-06-2010, 02:03 PM
Finale was kinda lame. I could've done without it. I think the series could've done without it. It left much to be desired. That guy's partner that left him for dead then claimed his wife needs to be shot in the face. He's annoying. I guess the sister that blew her sister's brains out is the next one. Oh well. We shall see.

PakiDan
12-06-2010, 03:29 PM
That'd kinda ruin season 2 but still, it woulda been funny. The show would now be centered on the one armed bandit, the 2 africans and the cholos protecting the old people.

I kinda liked the finale but kinda didn't. I hate how they keep passing up on weapons when they're just laying around EVERYWHERE. Even the doc said there was plenty lying around...but they stick with the pistols and shottys? Hmm.... Anyways, there's plenty of places/structures that are easily defendable. Just gotta clear em out.

Hahaha! AMEN!!!!

They run out of the CDC... pass up an Abrams Tank, an armored Humvee, a troop transport, and take off in an old Winny and a few beat up trucks... what the hell!???

LnGrrrR
12-06-2010, 03:38 PM

What weapons would you bring? Guns eventually run out of ammo; also, they make a really loud noise attracting more zombies.

Machetes/axes etc are the best weapons.

LnGrrrR
12-06-2010, 03:39 PM
Hahaha! AMEN!!!!

They run out of the CDC... pass up an Abrams Tank, an armored Humvee, a troop transport, and take off in an old Winny and a few beat up trucks... what the hell!???

They're already low on gas... they probably want to travel as green as they can.

BlackSwordsMan
12-06-2010, 07:25 PM

Yeah I saw a couple of 50 cals just lying around and the cop didn't even touch them

BlackSwordsMan
12-06-2010, 07:26 PM
What weapons would you bring? Guns eventually run out of ammo; also, they make a really loud noise attracting more zombies.

Machetes/axes etc are the best weapons.

katana but a legit one made by a japanese dude under a waterfall

LnGrrrR
12-06-2010, 07:42 PM
katana but a legit one made by a japanese dude under a waterfall

Obviously, not the most common of items. :lol

BlackSwordsMan
12-06-2010, 08:05 PM
willis found one in a pawn shop can't be that hard

BlackSwordsMan
12-06-2010, 08:08 PM
And for a gun AK47. Hardly lock up and easy to maintain. Or so I've heard.

ChuckD
12-07-2010, 10:42 PM
The season finale topped the viewership of the premier, 6M to 5M viewers.

jeebus
12-08-2010, 12:14 AM
And for a gun AK47. Hardly lock up and easy to maintain. Or so I've heard.
that or something old school. some single shot rifles from WWII, those things last forever, are uber reliable and they can still be found in most gun stores...if they haven't been looted already. but all you really need is single shot rifle with a good handgun for backup.

and if you really really need more ammo, head to a military base. the weapons/ammo are all fenced off from the rest of the base so it should be less infested. just bring something to take the doors down and a truck.

Avitus1
12-08-2010, 12:21 AM
Anyone read the comic series this is based on?

PakiDan
12-08-2010, 10:22 AM
The season finale topped the viewership of the premier, 6M to 5M viewers.

I don't doubt that at all... I personally know at least 6 people who didn't see the premier but heard about it later and caught up with the show... including my sister, who usually hates zombies.

4>0rings
12-08-2010, 03:56 PM
that or something old school. some single shot rifles from WWII, those things last forever, are uber reliable and they can still be found in most gun stores...if they haven't been looted already. but all you really need is single shot rifle with a good handgun for backup.

and if you really really need more ammo, head to a military base. the weapons/ammo are all fenced off from the rest of the base so it should be less infested. just bring something to take the doors down and a truck.
Bolt-action rifles such as a Mauser but I wouldn't want one. Usually only going to kill zombies if they are too close.

Just give me a sawed off 12 gauge with 00 buck shot and that's all I'd ever need.

LnGrrrR
12-08-2010, 04:01 PM
Anyone read the comic series this is based on?

Yes, and I'm doing my best not to spoil this thread.

Capt Bringdown
12-09-2010, 02:21 AM
I thought the season 1 finale was a dud that didn't advance the story or build suspense/interest for next season. My least favorite episode by far. Out of the blue, the final episode reminded me of the old "Lost in Space" show...must have been the cornball situations, cheapo sets and wooden acting.

Overall, I give the first season a C + for effort.
I think they've got some serious writing problems, as after 6 episodes, not one compelling character comes to mind, and there's too much predictability and implausibility. The only boundary the show seems to be pushing even slightly is gore/splatter. Shouldn't a zombie apocalypse be more terrifying and suspenseful?

That being said, it's about time we had a TV show about zombies. I'll be watching next season.

MannyIsGod
12-09-2010, 06:35 PM

its fucking TV people...

Amen.

MannyIsGod
12-09-2010, 06:35 PM
Anyway - through 3 episodes really liking it so far. ABout to start episode four.

MannyIsGod
12-10-2010, 10:48 AM
Originality doesn't have a lot to do with it. The popularity stems from the fact that it reads like a never-ending zombie movie. There's a large amount of people that have always wanted to see what happens to the surviving characters in a zombie film and Walking Dead delivers in that aspect. Some characters become crippled, other die, new ones are introduced, romances develop, rival factions emerge, all in the midst of a zombie epidemic. They move from place to place searching for that ultimate paradise while trying to maintain civil order within a large group of people. It's formulaic but it works.

Like you said, it's a soap opera-ish take on survivalist fiction like The Road, I Am Legend, Lucifer's Hammer, etc.

The Road was soap operaish? WTF?

oh crap
10-16-2011, 12:25 PM
tonight

Bender
10-16-2011, 12:31 PM
since I don't have any more breaking bad to watch, I DVR'd the whole first season of walking dead today, so I can get caught up.

greyforest
10-16-2011, 06:43 PM
this series suffers from some terrible writing...

the season finale was such a terrible episode. literally nothing about the plot progresses in the entire episode.

4>0rings
10-16-2011, 06:46 PM
Season finale wasn't terrible to me but it wasn't as great as it should of been. Still though, AMC pumps out the best TV series and this is just another notch on their belt.

Halberto
10-16-2011, 09:03 PM
Just watched the first 6 episodes Friday and Saturday. Season 2 opener was not very exciting, but I'm starting to like the redneck now. I was shocked to see him save the black guys life and for him to put effort into finding the little girl.

EDIT: oops, its not over yet. I guess its more than an hour long tonight.

EDIT #2: I was wrong.

Frenzy
10-16-2011, 09:18 PM
It sure feels like a lot of commercials....or is it just me? I guess I been watching to much netflix.

4>0rings
10-16-2011, 09:21 PM
Pretty shity episode. I can't stand it when a show builds an episode around some stupid kid. This episode was so boring, especially for a premiere.

Halberto
10-16-2011, 09:28 PM
Premature, maybe?

4>0rings
10-16-2011, 09:30 PM
Could of just watched the last 5 seconds and been good. Still built around a kid, just a 2nd one. :lol

mavsfan1000
10-16-2011, 11:04 PM
Not liking this show that much. Nothing close to Breaking Bad.

CuckingFunt
10-16-2011, 11:31 PM
this series suffers from some terrible writing...

the season finale was such a terrible episode. literally nothing about the plot progresses in the entire episode.

Came in here with a response ready about how the writing doesn't bother me that much -- which it doesn't, since I tend to expect/accept stilted dialog when working from comic books as a source -- and that the bigger problem, in my opinion, was Andrew Lincoln's shitty American/Southern accent in delivering that stilted dialog.

Turns out that was my one complaint after the series opener a year ago. Says something for the consistency of the show, if nothing else.

Giuseppe
10-17-2011, 04:09 AM
AMC ran Darabont off several months ago over $. It showed last night.

Zombie hasn't been done correct since the original "Dawn of the Dead" in '82 by Romero. That motion picture is a profound experience.

LnGrrrR
10-17-2011, 04:10 AM
AMC ran Darabont off several months ago over $. It showed last night.

Zombie hasn't been done correct since the original Dawn of the Dead in '82.

You should read the books Culby.

SourCandy
10-17-2011, 10:51 AM
A little slow but still fun to watch. It made up for it cause it had been a while since the last dose of TWD

MannyIsGod
10-17-2011, 11:20 AM
I thought the opening scene was pretty intense. Really slowed down after that though.

Giuseppe
10-17-2011, 11:31 AM
I keep waiting for the acting to improve and it just doesn't. Even the guy who guards & drives the Winnebago who is a stock player for Darabont has degraded because of the company he's stuck with it.

The best part last night:::that little fuck kid gettin' shot in the final scene whilst falling in love with the deer. That little prick needed killing. His mother too.

Frenzy
10-17-2011, 12:52 PM
I keep waiting for the acting to improve and it just doesn't. Even the guy who guards & drives the Winnebago who is a stock player for Darabont has degraded because of the company he's stuck with it.

The best part last night:::that little fuck kid gettin' shot in the final scene whilst falling in love with the deer. That little prick needed killing. His mother too.

I see her dying before the others for some reason.

DarkReign
10-17-2011, 01:04 PM
What I want to know is, what did the CDC scientist say to the Sheriff?

I am terrible with names in real life, I dont even attempt to remember character names from shows/movies/books.

Giuseppe
10-17-2011, 02:25 PM
what i want to know is, what did the cdc scientist say to the sheriff?

"8"

jeebus
10-17-2011, 10:37 PM
The whole ep was meh until the final 10 seconds. i was cheering when that fucking brat got shot.

Cant_Be_Faded
10-17-2011, 11:07 PM
Came in here with a response ready about how the writing doesn't bother me that much -- which it doesn't, since I tend to expect/accept stilted dialog when working from comic books as a source -- and that the bigger problem, in my opinion, was Andrew Lincoln's shitty American/Southern accent in delivering that stilted dialog.

Turns out that was my one complaint after the series opener a year ago. Says something for the consistency of the show, if nothing else.

I like the way you use the word stilted.

This dude is like the Stringer Bell of The Walking Dead.

DJ Mbenga
10-17-2011, 11:26 PM
It sure feels like a lot of commercials....or is it just me? I guess I been watching to much netflix.

i had the same problem watching mad men on netflix then transitioning to amc live. it is insane how many commercials there are and how it interupts the show and flow. its annoying.
its amazing this show gets this ammount of ratings. its medicore once daranbont left. you combine mad men and breaking bad they dont even come close to the ratings for last nights episode. fascinating.

LnGrrrR
10-17-2011, 11:30 PM

You should really read the books. :lol

DMC
10-17-2011, 11:42 PM
I didn't see it all, but I really wanted the man-cut bitch to die a horrible death in a grease fire. She's the token shaker, screamer on the show, and I am shocked they didn't introduce her has unable to have kids, diagnosed with cancer and lost her family and her dog to a plague.

The little boy is just a poor man's Dakota Fanning. He's there to fuck everything up for them, to give them something to live for, to make the noise when they think they are safe, to unlock the door because the little puppy with red eyes wants in.

CuckingFunt
10-17-2011, 11:46 PM
I like the way you use the word stilted.

This dude is like the Stringer Bell of The Walking Dead.

You can't hear even a hint of London in Elba's accent as Stringer, though. In fact, much as I love that show, he's the only Brit-turned-Baltimore-native in the cast whose accent doesn't slip. Neither McNulty nor Carcetti come close to hiding their accents.

4>0rings
10-17-2011, 11:56 PM
This is also taking place in Atlanta and the ratio of white zombies to black zombies is 1,000 to 1 and should be the other way around.

Capt Bringdown
10-18-2011, 02:10 AM
Putting kids in danger is a predictable and tedious dramatic trick, I was enjoying the 2nd season opener until that point. They really went overboard with it. Maybe Spielberg was advising them.

LnGrrrR
10-18-2011, 04:31 AM
I didn't see it all, but I really wanted the man-cut bitch to die a horrible death in a grease fire. She's the token shaker, screamer on the show, and I am shocked they didn't introduce her has unable to have kids, diagnosed with cancer and lost her family and her dog to a plague.

The little boy is just a poor man's Dakota Fanning. He's there to fuck everything up for them, to give them something to live for, to make the noise when they think they are safe, to unlock the door because the little puppy with red eyes wants in.

SPOILER:

Unless thy do a 180 from the book, you could not be more wrong about Carl.

greyforest
10-18-2011, 08:42 AM
I thought the opening scene was pretty intense.

That's because it's very blatantly ripped off from the opening scene of 28 Days Later.

MannyIsGod
10-18-2011, 09:27 AM

I loled at last paragraph.

DMC
10-18-2011, 04:58 PM
SPOILER:

Unless thy do a 180 from the book, you could not be more wrong about Carl.

Who's Carl?

I hope it's the boy. No one names their kid "Carl" these days. In reality, his name would be Piper or Hunter or some other flighty bullshit name that references something he will never live up to.

If it's her name, fitting haircut.

leemajors
10-18-2011, 05:16 PM
You can't hear even a hint of London in Elba's accent as Stringer, though. In fact, much as I love that show, he's the only Brit-turned-Baltimore-native in the cast whose accent doesn't slip. Neither McNulty nor Carcetti come close to hiding their accents.

I had completely forgotten he was a Brit until I watched Luther (which was pretty badass).

Viva Las Espuelas
10-19-2011, 10:12 AM
I dug the new episode. That first scene was pretty intense and what a way to end it. Was way better than the finale imho

Chachachango
10-23-2011, 09:06 PM
what ya think of tonights episode. I'm glad i didnt miss much of the world series after watching tonights episode.

LnGrrrR
10-23-2011, 09:22 PM
Who's Carl?

I hope it's the boy. No one names their kid "Carl" these days. In reality, his name would be Piper or Hunter or some other flighty bullshit name that references something he will never live up to.

If it's her name, fitting haircut.

Yes, it's the boy's name. And yes, I think all the "Hunters" out there nowadays are dumb as heck. You know what I don't get? Ethan is the second most popular boy's name. Ethan? Weird.

TE
10-23-2011, 10:23 PM
Final scene from tonight's episode was badass. But that's pretty much it.

DarkReign
10-24-2011, 12:12 PM
Kind of a do-nothing episode.

PakiDan
10-24-2011, 12:15 PM
I enjoyed the tie in to Breaking Bad when bow hunter dude pulls out the bag of drugs and there at the bottom... Walt's blue meth.

Giuseppe
10-24-2011, 12:37 PM
It's just impossible to watch it with any conviction. Christ, zombies are roaming the countryside and everybody is just oblivious unless that moment's plot requires them to be alert.

And the little kid lived. That was a bitter disappointment.

resistanze
10-30-2011, 10:01 PM
Damn that ending was dirty as hell.

ChuckD
10-30-2011, 10:26 PM
Is anyone at all surprised that Shane did that? He left his best friend in a zombie-infested hospital and shacked up with his wife after telling her he was dead. I think the best thing you can say about him is that he's morally ambiguous.

ChuckD
10-30-2011, 10:31 PM
BTW, this is the first week I tuned into Talking Dead. It was pretty cool. John Heder (looking nothing like Napolean Dynamite) was a guest, and they had Gail Ann Hurd on.

4>0rings
10-31-2011, 12:48 AM
The Boring Dead

Just watch the first 5 and the last 5 minutes and that's all you need and it would be a pretty good show then.

Word is they cut the budget a lot for season 2, main writers are gone all because they gave Mad Men a HUGE 20-40 million dollar contract.

No wonder this show turned to shit after season 1.

Rip-Hamilton32
10-31-2011, 01:05 AM
^^ i think its less action filled because the season is longer then last years so they toned it down for it to last

Xylus
10-31-2011, 03:27 AM
This season so far has been MILES ahead of Season 1, which was an extremely inconsistent affair. We're finally seeing some character development and everyone wants more fucking zombies. The show is about the survivors coming to terms with their predicament--that's what the show's title is referring to--more than them just being on the run.

If you want more action, go watch Hawaii 5-0.

CubanSucks
10-31-2011, 04:17 AM
Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_

Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_

just testing suntin

NlGGER

Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_

N1GG3R

jeebus
10-31-2011, 11:33 AM
well, that dude had enough meat on him to feed every zombie for miles around. the zombies should be thankful.

One thing is worse this season: the zombie acting. They were so awesome that first season but now they're all sprinting and being sneaky and everything. By the end of the series, they'll be able to outrun cars and be able to communicate. Fail.

Halberto
10-31-2011, 12:42 PM
well, that dude had enough meat on him to feed every zombie for miles around. the zombies should be thankful.

Seriously though, was that really necessary of Shane? I'm hating him more with every episode and starting to like the redneck.

leemajors
10-31-2011, 12:44 PM
The Boring Dead

Just watch the first 5 and the last 5 minutes and that's all you need and it would be a pretty good show then.

Word is they cut the budget a lot for season 2, main writers are gone all because they gave Mad Men a HUGE 20-40 million dollar contract.

No wonder this show turned to shit after season 1.

they tried to trim Mad Men's budget but it didn't work out, as well as Breaking Bad's (I believe). Mad Men is a far better show IMO so I don't really care, but it is expensive as hell to make. I also think losing Darabont was more harmful than cuts.

tp2021
10-31-2011, 12:53 PM
**SPOILER ALERT** if you haven't seen last night's episode already

There's two recipes for disaster in the zombie apocalypse...being fat and having busted legs/ankles. The way I see it, either they both die and Carl never gets the respirator he needs, and also dies...or we get what happened last night and 2 out of the 3 survive, with luck.

Did Otis deserve it? No, but anytime you go out on a rescue mission in a zombie apocalypse you are essentially sacrificing yourself before anything even happens. I would have shot him in the head, though. I don't buy into the "live bait" stuff they were talkin about on Talking Dead.

Honestly though, who thought a brand-new fat character in a zombie show that shoots a kid and then wants to put himself in danger to help him would actually survive? You gotta figure fatty gon trip.

4>0rings
10-31-2011, 03:50 PM
This season so far has been MILES ahead of Season 1, which was an extremely inconsistent affair. We're finally seeing some character development and everyone wants more fucking zombies. The show is about the survivors coming to terms with their predicament--that's what the show's title is referring to--more than them just being on the run.

If you want more action, go watch Hawaii 5-0.
Maybe they shouldn't name it the Walking Dead if they didn't want to show more zombies...

Season 1 was great because it gave some background but also gave survivalist action too. Season 2 is, OMG my kid this, OMG my kid that, and the ever so believable... let's let our kid die so he doesn't have to be around zombies anymore, what mother would ever think that BS.

I tune in for the zombie apocolypse and the survivalist game that goes with it, not this drama BS.

Season 2 is fine if you just watch the first and last 5 mins, the rest in between is soap opera shit I don't care about.

MannyIsGod
10-31-2011, 04:20 PM
I'm enjoying it so far. The acting isn't really great, but aside from that its just an hour of mindless entertainment for me.

CharlieMac
11-01-2011, 07:55 PM
**SPOILER ALERT** if you haven't seen last night's episode already

There's two recipes for disaster in the zombie apocalypse...being fat and having busted legs/ankles. The way I see it, either they both die and Carl never gets the respirator he needs, and also dies...or we get what happened last night and 2 out of the 3 survive, with luck.

Did Otis deserve it? No, but anytime you go out on a rescue mission in a zombie apocalypse you are essentially sacrificing yourself before anything even happens. I would have shot him in the head, though. I don't buy into the "live bait" stuff they were talkin about on Talking Dead.

Honestly though, who thought a brand-new fat character in a zombie show that shoots a kid and then wants to put himself in danger to help him would actually survive? You gotta figure fatty gon trip.

Otis had it coming. That dude was dead weight.

Giuseppe
11-02-2011, 05:14 AM
The show is about the survivors coming to terms with their predicament--that's what the show's title is referring to

Outstanding, X.

Plain & simple.

BlackSwordsMan
11-02-2011, 07:24 AM
Outstanding, X.

Plain & simple.

Weak minded simpletons like you would be shot in your fat leg to make way for the people who deserve to be alive.

Giuseppe
11-02-2011, 09:44 AM
Weak minded simpletons like you would be shot in your fat leg to make way for the people who deserve to be alive.

No longer on your to ignore list.

lmvictoriousao!!!

LnGrrrR
11-02-2011, 11:27 AM
If the show follows the book at all, then eventually the zombies won't even be the main protagonists... Hunger, Shelter, and the competition for those resources (ie other humans) become as dangerous if not mores than the zombies.

MannyIsGod
11-02-2011, 11:29 AM
If the show follows the book at all, then eventually the zombies won't even be the main protagonists... Hunger, Shelter, and the competition for those resources (ie other humans) become as dangerous if not mores than the zombies.

I would say thats pretty much the case now.

Giuseppe
11-02-2011, 11:55 AM
I would say thats pretty much the case now.

& a reality in Hussein's America (2008-2012).

BlackSwordsMan
11-02-2011, 12:08 PM
& a reality in Hussein's America (2008-2012).

Why aren't you banned? Everyone voted for it.

Nathan89
11-02-2011, 12:11 PM
TBH, I voted for Kori to write him a poem.

Giuseppe
11-02-2011, 03:05 PM
Dude. Duder, I write Kori poems. Not the other way around.

It's my religion.

4>0rings
11-07-2011, 12:28 AM
Fuck this shit. They took a record setting TV series and took a big ole' steaming pile of shit on it. I hope you're happy AMC giving an old played out show Mad Men all that money and taking it away from your newest hit.

Just give me my Breaking Bad and get the fuck off my TV with your pos soap opera.

Trainwreck2100
11-07-2011, 12:32 AM
Fuck this shit. They took a record setting TV series and took a big ole' steaming pile of shit on it. I hope you're happy AMC giving an old played out show Mad Men all that money and taking it away from your newest hit.

Just give me my Breaking Bad and get the fuck off my TV with your pos soap opera.

Mad Men has Studio support while TWD does not and is completely funded by AMC, they would have been better off staying at 6 eps.

ChuckD
11-07-2011, 08:01 AM
According to the preview, One-handed Bro is back next week. I think we're about to see proof of the theory that the zombies are not the danger, they're just an obstacle, and that the real danger is other people.

jeebus
11-07-2011, 11:04 AM
What a lame episode. The only good part was when they were trying to pull fatty out of the well. 2 mins of fun and 40 minutes of "who gives a fuck". I really don't care about the group anymore; if they all died (except for Daryl), I wouldn't shed a tear. Plus the kids have ruined the series for me. It would've been so much better had they not written in any as all they do is get in the way and slow the plot down to a fuckin stop.

Cant_Be_Faded
11-07-2011, 12:03 PM

Seriously though, was that really necessary of Shane? I'm hating him more with every episode and starting to like the redneck.

The red neck is by far the best character, when he dies i may be out.

CuckingFunt
11-07-2011, 07:25 PM
Maybe I'm the oddball, seeing as I'm also a huge fan of other shows that get criticized for moving too slowly -- Treme and Mad Men, for example -- but I have really liked this season. In fact I still have a few relatively minor issues with accents and acting, but I've overall thought this season more interesting than the first. Could just be an issue of expectation? I knew going in, from the few issues I've read, as well as from a few friends who are huge fans of the comic, that the franchise isn't really about fast-paced zombie action, so I haven't been disappointed by its lack.

Also, it again might be an issue of differing perspective, but I still find Shane banging his partner/best friend's wife so quickly after he maybe died to be more damning of Shane's character than shooting Otis. Kind of brutal in the way he did shot him and left him, of course, but it made sense as a split second survival decision, and the way he has wrestled with that choice since it happened shows probably the most humanity we've had from him thus far. The big question is of course where he goes from here -- if we get a Shane who embraces this newfound humanity (which I doubt), or the completely detached survivalist version.

4>0rings
11-07-2011, 07:50 PM
You really don't have a problem with a whole month being tied up to the missing girl that no one likes anyways? Along with the constantly sobbing/crying mother who never looks for her? What mother wouldn't spend all her time looking for her daughter? The only guy putting in some effort is a racist redneck? The show is turning into a 2 person dialogue 100% of the time and that's just boring in a zombie apocalypse.

From the comic books, the farmhouse was a huge battle slaughter scene. All we get is a fat zombie torn in half, though the zombie did look great.

I would seriously be happy with just some normal group survival stuff and less of this forced speech. I can deal with bad acting but the writing is just horrible. Again, what mother would want her son that she loves to die? I mean... really.

Tdog and that old guy have good scenes, because they usually center on helping the group some way instead of getting in the way.

I just want more survivalism to take place in the show. More scavenging and competing for scavenging. People with clear cut roles in the group.

It's too bad, I doubt this show is going past season 3, could of been one of the greats.

Browsing TWD forums, there is a major problem with season 2. Season 1 was universally good to great, season 2 cut that group in half.

CuckingFunt
11-07-2011, 08:20 PM
You really don't have a problem with a whole month being tied up to the missing girl that no one likes anyways? Along with the constantly sobbing/crying mother who never looks for her? What mother wouldn't spend all her time looking for her daughter? The only guy putting in some effort is a racist redneck? The show is turning into a 2 person dialogue 100% of the time and that's just boring in a zombie apocalypse.

No, I don't have a problem with the time spent looking for the girl. She went missing in the first episode, and has been looked for in the following three, but it's hardly been the most prominent plot point. And it makes complete sense to me that the mother isn't out looking herself -- she's not an experienced hunter or a former cop, so it wouldn't make a tremendous amount of sense to either send her off on her own to go searching, or to have her slow down whoever is.

From the comic books, the farmhouse was a huge battle slaughter scene. All we get is a fat zombie torn in half, though the zombie did look great.

And the huge battle/slaughter scene is pretty clearly what they're building to. As pointed out on Talking Dead last night, Rick putting his shirt and badges away in a dresser drawer doesn't give the impression he's planning on leaving the comforts of the farm any time soon. But think about it realistically: last night's was only episode four of a 13-episode season. Of course this season isn't going to get to the final action set-piece as quickly as last year's truncated season. With more than twice the number of episodes at their disposal, there's really no need to move at such a pace.

I would seriously be happy with just some normal group survival stuff and less of this forced speech. I can deal with bad acting but the writing is just horrible. Again, what mother would want her son that she loves to die? I mean... really.

It's nitpicking, but she didn't actually want her son to die. She merely questioned the benefit of taking heroic measures to save his life when all he'd have to look forward to is living in a pretty fucked up world. Frankly, a reasonable concern.

Tdog and that old guy have good scenes, because they usually center on helping the group some way instead of getting in the way.

I just want more survivalism to take place in the show. More scavenging and competing for scavenging. People with clear cut roles in the group.

It's too bad, I doubt this show is going past season 3, could of been one of the greats.

Browsing TWD forums, there is a major problem with season 2. Season 1 was universally good to great, season 2 cut that group in half.

I don't necessarily disagree with any of this (other than perhaps the concern it won't live beyond a third season), I just think it's a bit premature to see any of it as the sign of a failed series and/or season. Last night was episode four. Four. In pretty much any series in the history of television (including something like The Wire), we'd still be in the preliminary build up stage. I think a lot of the reaction to this show so far, here and elsewhere, has more to do with a) general fanboy impatience, and b) concerns about all the Darabont drama, than it does with the quality of the show itself.

ChuckD
11-07-2011, 08:37 PM
People were bitching about how slow season 4 of Breaking Bad was after 3 or 4 episodes.

Knowing Merle, he's probably rounded up another zombie pack to turn loose on them in the next episode or two. I'm quite sure he lured the ones that drove them from their camp outside ATL, and have my suspicions about the ones that almost over ran them on the highway.

4>0rings
11-07-2011, 09:50 PM
I don't necessarily disagree with any of this (other than perhaps the concern it won't live beyond a third season), I just think it's a bit premature to see any of it as the sign of a failed series and/or season. Last night was episode four. Four. In pretty much any series in the history of television (including something like The Wire), we'd still be in the preliminary build up stage. I think a lot of the reaction to this show so far, here and elsewhere, has more to do with a) general fanboy impatience, and b) concerns about all the Darabont drama, than it does with the quality of the show itself.

The farm scene from beginning to end was handled in 1 comic. Extending the episodes should not have ANY bearing on the quality of the show or a change of pace. To do that is admitting to filler and needless scenes. I'm not impatient, I just want to see more apocalypse and less 2 person conversation scenes. They could have a scene where they develop a plan and assign duties and implement them. No action would be in that scene but it would forward the progress of the show and be interesting.

I'll nit-pick that it seems they are trying to cater to women in this show, when the subject is geared toward guys. Most men watching the show don't care about a little girl being lost in the woods and trying to find her, consoling the mother every 5 seconds and watching her sob, Lori boning the 2 guys with the father unknown, taking pregnancy tests or a stupid little kid trying to pet a deer, getting shot, getting surgery and almost dying. Throw in the wife beater from season 1 too.

I wouldn't be this concerned either if they did not fire all the writers and Darabont after season 1. I can see a totally different perspective, dialogue, and how they went about putting it together in season 2, and since the writers are new along with a slashed budget, I see this as permanent switch, not just character development. It was almost perfect in season 1, and every show in season 2 have been a disappointment.

Spurminator
11-07-2011, 10:51 PM
I'm not saying this series is anything remotely close to Breaking Bad, but I do remember people saying this season of Breaking Bad was boring and uneventful around episode 4.

Spurminator
11-07-2011, 10:53 PM
People were bitching about how slow season 4 of Breaking Bad was after 3 or 4 episodes.

Knowing Merle, he's probably rounded up another zombie pack to turn loose on them in the next episode or two. I'm quite sure he lured the ones that drove them from their camp outside ATL, and have my suspicions about the ones that almost over ran them on the highway.

Shit, I should have read the rest of the posts, you beat me.

redzero
11-07-2011, 11:50 PM
I haven't watched the show. Did the show turn into a story about humans shooting and decapitating each other yet, like the comic?

Death In June
11-08-2011, 12:04 AM
This last episode was shit. The characters in the show are acting like complete retards for the sake of TV drama and its killing it for me. Why would you ever lower a person into a well with a zombie in it? Why would you think removing said zombie would make the water remotely drinkable (especially when you have three other wells on the farm). In a world infested with zombies, why is a farm a mile outside of town untouched by zombie influence? I'm willing to forgive a lot of stupidity in shows, but that's fucking terrible writing.

Giuseppe
11-08-2011, 05:02 AM
It's been approved for a Season Three.

MannyIsGod
11-08-2011, 08:12 AM
Maybe I'm the oddball, seeing as I'm also a huge fan of other shows that get criticized for moving too slowly -- Treme and Mad Men, for example -- but I have really liked this season. In fact I still have a few relatively minor issues with accents and acting, but I've overall thought this season more interesting than the first. Could just be an issue of expectation? I knew going in, from the few issues I've read, as well as from a few friends who are huge fans of the comic, that the franchise isn't really about fast-paced zombie action, so I haven't been disappointed by its lack.

Also, it again might be an issue of differing perspective, but I still find Shane banging his partner/best friend's wife so quickly after he maybe died to be more damning of Shane's character than shooting Otis. Kind of brutal in the way he did shot him and left him, of course, but it made sense as a split second survival decision, and the way he has wrestled with that choice since it happened shows probably the most humanity we've had from him thus far. The big question is of course where he goes from here -- if we get a Shane who embraces this newfound humanity (which I doubt), or the completely detached survivalist version.

Agree 100%. People who just want 28 days later on repeat should just go watch 28 days later on repeat or just be happy with dissapointment.

Giuseppe
11-08-2011, 08:22 AM
^It's better than nothing.

And there is nothing else out there.

Giuseppe
11-13-2011, 07:44 AM
I've heard after the sixth episode this season (which one are we up to?) they'll break until late February then air the final 6 episodes for this season.

Giuseppe
11-13-2011, 07:45 AM
This last episode was shit. The characters in the show are acting like complete retards for the sake of TV drama and its killing it for me. Why would you ever lower a person into a well with a zombie in it? Why would you think removing said zombie would make the water remotely drinkable (especially when you have three other wells on the farm). In a world infested with zombies, why is a farm a mile outside of town untouched by zombie influence? I'm willing to forgive a lot of stupidity in shows, but that's fucking terrible writing.

The goods.

Nathan89
11-13-2011, 10:11 AM

I think it's worth a try to get the zombie out with a rope to prevent significantly more contamination. As you said it's really stupid to send a human down there. You never know how long they will be on that farm and if any of the other water sources will be contaminated. They should be putting some better covers on the wells. Some metal cage like structures would do the job.

I don't know if it's only a mile outside of town but there was a zombie in the well. They are not untouched. Who know's zombies may have come before.

Why would all the zombies just stay in town. They moved awfully quickly through all the cars. Then they just camp out in a large group in the center of town.

ChuckD
11-13-2011, 12:01 PM
I think it's worth a try to get the zombie out with a rope to prevent significantly more contamination. As you said it's really stupid to send a human down there. You never know how long they will be on that farm and if any of the other water sources will be contaminated. They should be putting some better covers on the wells. Some metal cage like structures would do the job.

I don't know if it's only a mile outside of town but there was a zombie in the well. They are not untouched. Who know's zombies may have come before.

Why would all the zombies just stay in town. They moved awfully quickly through all the cars. Then they just camp out in a large group in the center of town.

You're assuming it's the same group, when it's most likely not. The Farm people knew that the school was overrun with Zombies long before the "herd" went through the highway pileup. They said so when they were discussing the run to get the medical supplies.

The Zombies in this fiction seem to stay in one place, unless food comes along. Think about Atlanta. There couldn't have been much live food there in weeks, and they were all just milling about until Rick got there. I think both the attack on their camp outside ATL and the highway attack were instigated by Merle, inciting the Zombies and getting them going towards the group to get revenge for his hand. Obviously, the herd at the school aren't fanning out and looking for food.

Biernutz
11-13-2011, 12:53 PM
I rate the show as O.K. nothing special . There is long gaps between talking, more talking and then action. As for survival skills and planning for the future it's weak. They carry old heavy bolt action hunting rifles instead of assault rifles or any other military hardware that should be easy to get. Bow and arrows,crossbows,spears,swords ,to kill the zombies quietly should be easy to get as they are in the SOUTH not in gun control New York City.

4>0rings
11-13-2011, 03:47 PM
I've heard after the sixth episode this season (which one are we up to?) they'll break until late February then air the final 6 episodes for this season.

Hopefully the producer found out how shitty his product is and is revising it.

I can't wait for the 10min crying and consoling scenes tonight! Maybe we'll get 2 zombies this show? What about actually surviving, wonder if that will happen tonight?

Giuseppe
11-13-2011, 04:37 PM
Hopefully the producer found out how shitty his product is and is revising it.

I can't wait for the 10min crying and consoling scenes tonight! Maybe we'll get 2 zombies this show? What about actually surviving, wonder if that will happen tonight?

I know. Everytime I see Rick and/or his wife/or their kid in the frame it's speech time.

& the one with the crossbow? You just know he ain't going to get any extended air time. No fuckin' way. Would make too much sense.

LnGrrrR
11-13-2011, 05:36 PM
The Zombies in this fiction seem to stay in one place, unless food comes along. Think about Atlanta. There couldn't have been much live food there in weeks, and they were all just milling about until Rick got there. I think both the attack on their camp outside ATL and the highway attack were instigated by Merle, inciting the Zombies and getting them going towards the group to get revenge for his hand. Obviously, the herd at the school aren't fanning out and looking for food.

In the books, they state that the zombies form the herd due to some stimulus... for instance, maybe one of them heard a gunshot and start moving towards it. Then other zombies see him walking that way and follow. Soon you have hundreds of Pavlov zombies walking for miles in one direction.

ChuckD
11-13-2011, 06:07 PM
I rate the show as O.K. nothing special . There is long gaps between talking, more talking and then action. As for survival skills and planning for the future it's weak. They carry old heavy bolt action hunting rifles instead of assault rifles or any other military hardware that should be easy to get. Bow and arrows,crossbows,spears,swords ,to kill the zombies quietly should be easy to get as they are in the SOUTH not in gun control New York City.

Since you need headshots, it doesn't matter if you use a single shot bolt action or a fully automatic assault rifle. Stitching a Zombie with 100 rounds in 2 seconds accomplishes shit if one doesn't hit the head, except to notify every other zombie in the area that you are there. One shot is harder to home in on.

Since the humans also need to hunt for food when they are on the move, assault rifles really aren't practical.

Biernutz
11-13-2011, 08:57 PM
When you have 50 zombies coming at you at you like when they went to get the medicine, a 30 round clip in a AR15 at 100 yards with a green lazer red dot scope is what I want. Not a single shot bolt action rifle with a 5 shot clip.

resistanze
11-13-2011, 09:45 PM
:lol knew that stupid bitch would fuck everything up.

Nathan89
11-14-2011, 12:03 AM
Any guesses to why that guy has a barn full of walkers?

Stupid bitch.

That girl the Asian guy banged is attractive.

4>0rings
11-14-2011, 12:16 AM
Andrea's gun privileges need to be taken away again.

Giuseppe
11-14-2011, 05:12 AM
That girl the Asian guy banged is attractive.

She has a fantastic ass.

BlackSwordsMan
11-14-2011, 09:40 AM
How many people said ''stupid bitch'' as she pulled the trigger?

BlackSwordsMan
11-14-2011, 09:41 AM
She has a fantastic ass.

tryin ta get me jeelous?
tee,hee

jeebus
11-14-2011, 06:21 PM
ror, the asian dude got his dick wet for the first time and now he thinks he's ready to marry that girl. He's a dumbass but at least he exposed a storyline for the next episode or two.

And Andrea.....yeah, she and Rick's wife are on the "to die" list. Bitch shoulda swallowed a bullet when her sister died; everyone woulda been happier. Get rid of her, the knocked up wife, the kids and move the fuck on.

Biernutz
11-14-2011, 06:42 PM
They should feed Rick's wife to the walkers because of her drama and over acting.