PDA

View Full Version : Official 2016 Spurs Offseason Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Robz4000
05-03-2016, 03:11 PM
Just getting this thing primed and ready for next week...

Obvious priorities are a new starting PG and prolly Tim/Manu replacements. We all know about Pau Gasol, but would he be an optimal replacement or should the Spurs go more defensive athletic shot blocker? How would you like to see the Spurs going about finding a new PG: draft or FA?

UZER
05-03-2016, 03:13 PM
:lol

Ps...Spurs ain't losing this series

RD2191
05-03-2016, 03:13 PM
We need better rebounding and an upgrade at the PG position.

daslicer
05-03-2016, 03:17 PM
We need better rebounding and an upgrade at the PG position.

I think if Kawhi doesn't play well in this series we might need to upgrade the SF position.

RD2191
05-03-2016, 03:27 PM
I think if Kawhi doesn't play well in this series we might need to upgrade the SF position.

HA. HA. HA.

Robz4000
05-03-2016, 04:55 PM
In all seriousness though, use this thread to discuss what you think/what you'd like the team to do in the offseason whether that's in a week or two months.

TD 21
05-03-2016, 05:02 PM

Obvious priorities are a new starting PG and prolly Tim/Manu replacements. We all know about Pau Gasol, but would he be an optimal replacement or should the Spurs go more defensive athletic shot blocker? How would you like to see the Spurs going about finding a new PG: draft or FA?

Parker will be the starting point guard next season, but they need to find a point guard at least somewhat in the mold of Joseph. If it can't be found in the draft, I'd look into trading for Grant or Wright.

As nice as it would be to have an athletic, defensive center, I wouldn't pass up Gasol. He's not the rim protector Duncan is, but he's as close a facsimile as you'll find to the Duncan of the past half decade (pre knee injury this season, as he obviously hasn't been the same since).

Budkin
05-03-2016, 05:05 PM

Ps...Spurs ain't losing this series

This. Our chances aren't very good vs Dubs, but we are not fucking losing to this Thunder team.

r0drig0lac
05-03-2016, 05:06 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif

SAGirl
05-03-2016, 06:48 PM
In all seriousness though, use this thread to discuss what you think/what you'd like the team to do in the offseason whether that's in a week or two months.
I want to join you in this discussion Rob... but it's probably too soon for me. The season is not over.

First we need to know if Timmy and Manu come back for a last season. If they do, maybe they run this same team back banking on improvement from younger guys, a draft pick, maybe a foreign prospect like Bertans coming over, maybe a role player signed in FA to strengthen a weak spot like Gasol. It's hard to get a feel for what to do when you don't know the cap, who's coming back and what spots exactly you need to fill.

In general I think we need a rim protector and a guard but that is bc I project Timmy and Manu retiring.

We have projects in Boban and Simmons and that is a polemic in itself, whether or not ppl think improvements from them in a second season will make up for the retirement of Tmmy and Manu. Boban specifically will need to be resigned. Simmons showed potential but he was inconsistent and perhaps needed more development.

Future HOF players will be missed so maybe the Spurs attempt to go after a third star/scorer like Durant. That requires a lot of reshuffling of the roster in itself too and is a risky move bc Spurs would have to now really move guys they use (instead of letting Cojo, Baynes, Marco walk, who saw limited playoff time with Spurs anyways). I am unsure he's even interested in joining this team.

Do the Spurs resign Boban, and for how much? Is D west coming back? Etc. Too many unknowns.

tholdren
05-03-2016, 06:48 PM
HA. HA. HA.
right, I mean he did win FMVP in 2014. Keep him forever

Crazymaddopeyo
05-03-2016, 06:51 PM
All of you go jump off a bridge. Save us from these miserable posts.

tholdren
05-03-2016, 06:59 PM
All of you go jump off a bridge. Save us from these miserable posts.
gay

Crazymaddopeyo
05-04-2016, 01:26 PM
gay

Oh, okay. The 12 year old responds.

Southwest Texas Fan
05-04-2016, 01:38 PM

Did I miss something? Did the Spurs lose the series already? Fail!

Robz4000
05-04-2016, 02:00 PM
Did I miss something? Did the Spurs lose the series already? Fail!

You just haven't come to terms with it...

BillMc
05-04-2016, 02:35 PM
The real offseason question will be "do we bring everyone back after winning the championship?" :flag:

SAGirl
05-04-2016, 02:38 PM
The real offseason question will be "do we bring everyone back after winning the championship?" :flag:
I am with you Bill. :lobt2:

And when we do win, I still hope we refresh the roster. But that is chat for the summer.

Kawhitstorm
05-04-2016, 03:02 PM
Tbh, it's Dwight or bust. If LMA had an athletic big next to him who can actually dunk then the Spurs would have the GOAT frontline.:wakeup

BillMc
05-04-2016, 03:20 PM
Tbh, it's Dwight or bust. If LMA had an athletic big next to him who can actually dunk then the Spurs would have the GOAT frontline.:wakeup

Rather have Holford, tbh.

BillMc
05-04-2016, 03:21 PM
I am with you Bill. :lobt2:

:bobo

Robz4000
05-04-2016, 03:23 PM

Fuck that, Horford has looked terrible so far this postseason. I'd rather go for a cheaper option if Gasol is ruled out. Maybe bring back Mahinmi.

timtonymanu
05-04-2016, 03:27 PM
Fuck that, Horford has looked terrible so far this postseason. I'd rather go for a cheaper option if Gasol is ruled out. Maybe bring back Mahinmi.

^ This. And you can't say he'll do better in the Spurs system when Atlanta has a similar offense.

td4mvp2k
05-04-2016, 03:37 PM
We need better rebounding and an upgrade at the PG position.:tu

look_at_g_shred
05-04-2016, 04:24 PM
Ummm...

Kawhitstorm
05-04-2016, 04:29 PM

Horford's inability to score consistently in the post against SFs & inability to rebound against legit Bigs make him an overpriced commodity. He would be the perfect big to defend the Worriers "Death" lineup but he would have to be a 6th man like Iggy, which isn't going to happen.

Someone like Noah is more likely to replace Tim rather than Max Money Dwight/Horford.

Spurs9
05-04-2016, 04:39 PM
Hopefully Duncan and Manu retire tbh, and pick up Kimba for Parker and something.

Mnky
05-04-2016, 05:24 PM

tholdren
05-04-2016, 05:41 PM
Oh, okay. The 12 year old responds.
wahhhh cliff jump wahh

JUST
DONT
RESPOND
TO
THREAD

Texas_Ranger
05-04-2016, 05:45 PM
sign Pau!!!

MI21
05-04-2016, 09:23 PM
Regardless of the outcome this season, it's clear the Spurs would improve a great deal with a penetrating playmaker.

Robz4000
05-04-2016, 09:37 PM
Regardless of the outcome this season, it's clear the Spurs would improve a great deal with a penetrating playmaker.

This. Doesn't even have to be much of a shooter as long as he consistently finishes at the rim.

HarlemHeat37
05-04-2016, 09:39 PM
I don't know why people are mentioning big men, tbh:lol..I understand Duncan might retire and all, but they desperately need a PG..look around, you can survive and thrive with limited wing players/role players(like Danny Green), but you'll have a very difficult time making it far without competent PG play, preferably a penetrator..

timtonymanu
05-04-2016, 09:51 PM
Spurs will probably find a PG in the draft. If Patty continues to suck, I won't be surprised if they trade him for a higher pick. Patty is still a good enough player that he would have value around the league.

timtonymanu
05-04-2016, 10:18 PM
People have mentioned him before and I'm still intrigued by him but Jordan Clarkson would be a nice get.

Kawhitstorm
05-05-2016, 02:57 AM
I don't know why people are mentioning big men, tbh:lol..I understand Duncan might retire and all, but they desperately need a PG..look around, you can survive and thrive with limited wing players/role players(like Danny Green), but you'll have a very difficult time making it far without competent PG play, preferably a penetrator..

Spurs don't NECESSARILY need a penetrator when the offense is mainly based on LMA/Kawhi isolations.:lol Get a combo guard who can run PnRs & also play off the ball ala Fournier then draft a defensive minded point guard (GP II). If they want to trade Patty & replace him w/ Jeremy Lin then that could help as far as penetration but he's mediocre off the ball thus wouldn't be as good a fit as Fournier w/ the starters.

Porker is going to start until his current contract expires so I don't see someone like Teague being willing to play backup unless Porker get traded to the Hawks to mentor Schroder.:lol (Tony/Diaw for Teague/Tiago::wow)

Assuming Tim/Manu retire, acquiring the French Cavalry (Fournier/Noah or Ian) wouldn't require trading a rotation player to prevent a log jam which is why I keep bringing up their names. (The Spurs will have 20 mill to spend so I'm projecting that Noah/Fournier would each be in the 10 mill per range)

If the Spurs get Fournier then they can essentially field a 6'6" or taller 5 man lineup (Fournier/Danny/Kawhi/Diaw/LMA) to counter the "Death" lineup & Noah would be useful in defending PnRs/boxing out OKC's bigs along w/ playing dribble handoffs w/ Kawhi. (Ian doesn't do anything on offense besides dunking & still has trouble boxing out centers although he has become a very good rim protector)

Kawhitstorm
05-05-2016, 03:00 AM
People have mentioned him before and I'm still intrigued by him but Jordan Clarkson would be a nice get.

The Lakers have a TON of cap space & have not been able to attract free agents so there is no reason why they wouldn't match offer for Clarkson especially when you factor in the Gilbert Arenas clause.

He isn't close to being a max player, he's a step-up from Jeremy Lin.

r0drig0lac
05-05-2016, 04:51 AM
Matt Barnes (backup Kawhi), Pau Gasol (replace Duncan), Bertans (shooter), another perimeter player really athletic, ..

Spurs9
05-05-2016, 10:56 AM
I agree on the PG, who would you target? Wouldn't mind someone like Conley. Tbh I would love to add Barnes to the roster as well.

look_at_g_shred
05-05-2016, 11:28 AM
I agree on the PG, who would you target? Wouldn't mind someone like Conley. Tbh I would love to add Barnes to the roster as well.
in b4 playoff choker comment

kuato
05-05-2016, 11:59 AM
Spurs will win it all... but i will comment here anyway. We need to get Facundo Campazzo, with the retirement of 2 or more players there is space to include him.

Spurs9
05-05-2016, 12:32 PM
in b4 playoff choker comment
Not many free agents this summer in the PG spot though tbh. Unless CP3 bounces and wants to be in SA :lol

look_at_g_shred
05-05-2016, 12:47 PM
Not many free agents this summer in the PG spot though tbh. Unless CP3 bounces and wants to be in SA :lol
no i know it was a shot at HH :lol

look_at_g_shred
05-05-2016, 12:47 PM
I actually have wanted Conley for sometime now

Kawhitstorm
05-05-2016, 03:48 PM

Again, there won't be an all-star caliber PG on the roster as long as Porker is on the roster.:lol

The only realistic option as far as getting a starting PG is trading Porker to the Hawks for Jeff Teague b/c of Bud. Otherwise, Conley is going to be get close to 20 mill per thus you would have 34 mill tied up amongst the PGs (not including Patty) while the starting PF is washed up D-West. (We all saw how shitty the Spurs defense was w/o Tim & how terrible of a rim protector/rebounder D-Worst is at this point of his career)

Who the hell is going to replace Manu? Simmons::lol

TD 21
05-05-2016, 05:03 PM

Because the two point guards under contract will more than likely be retained. Obviously, it's a need and I suspect they've been looking for a Joseph replacement from the moment they relinquished him. But unless Ginobili retires and said replacement has the size to defend shooting guards, there won't be a path to a rotation spot anyway.

If Duncan retires, starting center becomes an immediate void in the rotation.

It's also about what's realistic and quality restricted free agents almost never are.

tholdren
05-05-2016, 05:51 PM

1. Toronto
2. Curryless Warriors
3. Spurs
4. Hawks
5. Heat

Teams with Good PG play
1. Cleveland - but they have Le Deuce
2. Thunder - but they have Doucherant

Blazers are really the only PG star led team, and they suck.

Spurs wouldn't be as lost if they had someone to attack the paint. Doesn't have to be a pg. None of the Spurs are players who attack, they are all jump shooters.

YGWHI
05-05-2016, 10:48 PM
I don't know why people are mentioning big men, tbh:lol..I understand Duncan might retire and all, but they desperately need a PG..look around, you can survive and thrive with limited wing players/role players(like Danny Green), but you'll have a very difficult time making it far without competent PG play
Trying to sign that player doesn't make sense when Pop isn't willing to bench Parker or trade him.

YGWHI
05-05-2016, 10:53 PM
1. Toronto
2. Curryless Warriors
3. Spurs
4. Hawks
5. Heat

Teams with Good PG play
1. Cleveland - but they have Le Deuce
2. Thunder - but they have Doucherant

Teague, Dragic -even Lowry most times-, Livingston are decent PGs....

objective
05-05-2016, 10:58 PM
Re:big men

I've started watching Olympiakos games to see Milutinov, and I really like what I've seen. Guy could play for the spurs right now. Wouldn't come close to Duncan on rim protection or defensive rebounding, but he would be fine on pick & roll defense in comparison and would have finished those missed layups, plus can execute the same passes in the offense nearly as well, which can't be expected from any of the bigs around their late first round pick or someone like LJC who isn't a center and can't really play NBA level basketball skill-wise.

Hopefully his buyout is manageable with Bertans as well.

Kawhitstorm
05-06-2016, 08:03 PM
Re:big men

I've started watching Olympiakos games to see Milutinov, and I really like what I've seen. Guy could play for the spurs right now. Wouldn't come close to Duncan on rim protection or defensive rebounding, but he would be fine on pick & roll defense in comparison and would have finished those missed layups, plus can execute the same passes in the offense nearly as well, which can't be expected from any of the bigs around their late first round pick or someone like LJC who isn't a center and can't really play NBA level basketball skill-wise.

Hopefully his buyout is manageable with Bertans as well.

As far as centers, Mozgov could probably be had for a bargain since he has will be coming off a down year.

Could let Boban walk & replace him w/ Mozgov who is a superior rim protector then offer Pau the MLE to replace Tim, which means D-West becomes the 6th big aka Bonner status or simply just walks.:toast In this case, PATFO can offer Fournier in the 12 mill range (to replace Manu) since they don't have to shell-out 10+ mill on someone like Noah.

tholdren
05-06-2016, 08:15 PM
Teague, Dragic -even Lowry most times-, Livingston are decent PGs....
lowry is terrible in the post season, atlanta led by bigs, spurs led by big, heat led by by wade and big

Robz4000
05-07-2016, 03:32 AM
Despite the huge win, tonight emphasized the Spurs need another mobile big that can play C/PF.

Robz4000
05-08-2016, 09:40 PM
Welp, props to Parker for showing a pulse the last two games; still need another PG (potentially to start) but now the Spurs' big man situation is absolutely fucked.

ElNono
05-08-2016, 09:43 PM

Mostly agree... I'm on the fence about Danny (obviously, if you have a shot at KD, you move him), his defense is great, but we need more offense there if his 3 point ball is just going to disappear, and he has a very tradeable contract along with his value being still fairly decent... probably the guy to move if we gotta make room for a solid upgrade...

Robz4000
05-08-2016, 09:48 PM
Mostly agree... I'm on the fence about Danny (obviously, if you have a shot at KD, you move him), his defense is great, but we need more offense there if his 3 point ball is just going to disappear, and he has a very tradeable contract along with his value being still fairly decent... probably the guy to move if we gotta make room for a solid upgrade...

Green's value is at its lowest in a while despite the tradeable contract (which he took a discount on). Issue is bigs and consistent PG play. Fwiw, I can see Manu giving it another go next year and more development from Simmons is possible too

ElNono
05-08-2016, 09:50 PM
Green's value is at its lowest in a while despite the tradeable contract (which he took a discount on). Issue is bigs and consistent PG play. Fwiw, I can see Manu giving it another go next year and more development from Simmons is possible too

It's very likely we won't win a 'ship for at least a few years after Manu and Tim retire anyways... but you gotta keep building around LMA and Kawhi...

Robz4000
05-08-2016, 09:55 PM
It's very likely we won't win a 'ship for at least a few years after Manu and Tim retire anyways... but you gotta keep building around LMA and Kawhi...

Green's a perfect compliment to both imo, and trading him won't really bring much talent in. Way I see it is the Spurs have two avenues to improve the roster through trades: Picks with salary or by moving Parker (who can bring back another near-max player). Green just brings back a different role player that may not fit as well.

spursistan
05-09-2016, 12:14 PM
Spurs are going to need a couple of new distant gunners...it is tragic that this team miss Marco Belinelli spurts of instant offense..I think Patty Mills time is up with this team..if Manu retires i don't see any reason not break up the so-called "bench mob".. Diaw shouldn't be allowed to coast his fat ass on us..

Kawhitstorm
05-09-2016, 12:24 PM
Spurs are going to need a couple of new distant gunners...it is tragic that this team miss Marco Belinelli spurts of instant offense..I think Patty Mills time is up with this team..if Manu retires i don't see any reason not break up the so-called "bench mob".. Diaw shouldn't be allowed to coast his fat ass on us..

When the Spurs lose to the Duds, I want Patty/Diaw/West to have terrible series so PATFO will have a reason to dump 'em. I want Tony to keep having flashback games so his trade value will increase.

spursistan
05-09-2016, 12:45 PM
When the Spurs lose to the Duds, I want Patty/Diaw/West to have terrible series so PATFO will have a reason to dump 'em. I want Tony to keep having flashback games so his trade value will increase.
Hopefully they don't chalk it up as "Warriors had a historic and only way is down for them" and end up standing pat.. As the season progressed the lack of help for Kawhi/LMA has meant we become fodder if those two don't score +45 on high deficiency..they should dissect their barely average performances in season series vs GSW/OKC/Clippers/CLE instead of those 30 points December blowouts of Utah/Bucks and the rest of dregs..

I don't think it'll happen, but, yeah, if Manu/TD retire and Parker plays himself into decent-ish value, you put trade offers for him and move on from Big 3 era, for once and for all -..

Kawhitstorm
05-09-2016, 01:24 PM
Hopefully they don't chalk it up as "Warriors had a historic and only way is down for them" and end up standing pat.. As the season progressed the lack of help for Kawhi/LMA has meant we become fodder if those two don't score +45 on high deficiency..they should dissect their barely average performances in season series vs GSW/OKC/Clippers/CLE instead of those 30 points December blowouts of Utah/Bucks and the rest of dregs..

Considering the rumor about KD, I feel like PATFO are set on forming a new Big 3 or at least upgrading the roster. Otherwise, LMA is going to feel some type of way.:lol

I don't think it'll happen, but, yeah, if Manu/TD retire and Parker plays himself into decent-ish value, you put trade offers for him and move on from Big 3 era, for once and for all -..

A trade that makes sense for both teams is Tony for Teague since Schroder is going to be the point guard of the future for the Hawks so Tony could be his mentor. If there is a team Pop would be will to trade Tony to or a team that would be willing to trade for Tony then it's Bud & the Hawks.

sasaint
05-09-2016, 02:55 PM

Agreed! Perfect scenario!

TD 21
05-09-2016, 05:35 PM

Yeah, people are so focused on position, but it's more about specifics. Three point-shooters, a roller and a creator, are all needs.

Of Parker, Green, Mills and Diaw, the latter is the only one that's probably not a virtual lock to be retained. If he is, they need to stress the importance of him becoming more of a volume three-point shooter. He may not be a true one, but he functions as their version and 25 threes isn't enough (they got 3 threes from the other three rotation bigs and 43 total from all bigs).

The problem with the big rotation is, as I said in another thread, they're relics of the past. There's half a roller (Duncan) and half a stretch four (Diaw). For the most part, they're a post up/mid ranger group. Even with them in their current state, this might have sufficed two years ago, but the league has evolved so much from then to now, that it's no longer practical.

SpursFan86
05-09-2016, 08:22 PM
- bench shooter who can provide 3s at a high volume

- bench guard/wing who can penetrate consistently and is a decent enough passer to kick out to the open guy

- mobile big who won't get killed in the PnR or when he has to switch onto a guard/wing

spursistan
05-09-2016, 08:31 PM

- bench guard/wing who can penetrate consistently and is a decent enough passer to kick out to the open guy

- mobile big who won't get killed in the PnR or when he has to switch onto a guard/wing
Isn't it sad that we are all projecting with sense of inevitability the demise of this team because of these roster flaws? never has a 67-win team felt less convincing (maybe last was the 2007 Mavs)..And it isn't even about the Warriors..a series vs healthy Clippers/Cleveland would both have been a toss-up we could lose..

DeRozan m8
05-09-2016, 08:34 PM
OP, go follow the Lakers or some other sorry excuse for a franchise, its what you deserve.

Kawhitstorm
05-09-2016, 08:38 PM

K-Mart

bench guard/wing who can penetrate consistently and is a decent enough passer to kick out to the open guy

Simmons

mobile big who won't get killed in the PnR or when he has to switch onto a guard/wing

Bonner

Kawhitstorm
05-09-2016, 08:40 PM
Isn't it sad that we are all projecting with sense of inevitability the demise of this team because of these roster flaws? never has a 67-win team felt less convincing (maybe last was the 2007 Mavs)

The 66 win Cavs: All-Star Mo Williams:lol (Just proves that Team Duncan is the best of his generation)

spursistan
05-09-2016, 08:41 PM
K-Mart

Simmons

Bonner
those are the definition of garbage time "fillers" and not legit rotation guys, at least in their current shape..

rastaspur
05-09-2016, 09:21 PM
Here are some potential targets that could be had for reasonable contracts:

(1) mirza teletovic. Instant offense. Stretch four. Better rebounder than most think. He has big balls. Poor man's Ryan Anderson

(2) miles plumlee - severely underrated defender and a solid rim protector. Could be had for a bargain imo and has upside. If Duncan retires the defense would still be solid. I want Noah but I fear he will be injured often.

(3) dj augustin. I'm a big fan of Nikolai jokic and watched a decent bit of nuggets games this year. Augustin was solid. He could help alot. He might have played himself out of the price range after this season.

There are so many variables and shifting needs and voids depending on if td or manu retire or if dwest moves on, etc.

If you can get a Durant you do it. Or another top free agent like gasol. After those two I like Fournier, mahinmi, biyombo,matty barnes, marvin Williams (solid year - good rebound numbers this year for a stretch four. ).
Others you might want to consider if needing to fill needs on relatively cheap deals.

(1) Brandon jennings and Mario chalmers. It's a wait and see for chalmers post injury. Considering chalmers has never relied on athleticism you might get him on the cheap and he produces liike preinjury. Still would rather have augustine though

Gerald henderson - he could blossom in the spurs system. He's shown steady improvement over the last few years.

ElNono
05-09-2016, 09:29 PM

Tony is not going anywhere

Robz4000
05-09-2016, 09:44 PM
OP, go follow the Lakers or some other sorry excuse for a franchise, its what you deserve.

:cry ur not a tru spurz fan !!!! :cry

outmap
05-10-2016, 02:34 AM
Assuming TP won't be traded and TD and Manu doesn't retire:

Sign Pau if he's willing to take a HUGE pay cut.
Re-sign Boban.
Trade for Avery Bradley (1 round pick and Anderson)
Draft and stash the 2nd.
Bring in Bertans to back-up Kawhi.

Kawhitstorm
05-10-2016, 02:43 AM
Assuming TP won't be traded and TD and Manu doesn't retire:

Sign Pau if he's willing to take a HUGE pay cut.
Re-sign Boban.
Trade for Avery Bradley (1 round pick and Anderson)
Draft and stash the 2nd.
Bring in Bertans to back-up Kawhi.

:lmao

Robz4000
05-10-2016, 09:40 PM
Pop needs to go as well.

NASpurs
05-10-2016, 09:48 PM
So much fucking dead weight.

Patty
Bobo
West
Fathead
Parker
Boner

*edit* oops fixed, fucking browser

timtonymanu
05-10-2016, 09:50 PM
Pop needs to go as well.

This. Getting outcoached by Tom Rivers and Scotty Donovan in back to back seasons. Time to retire, imo.

Mugen
05-10-2016, 09:51 PM
Bittersweet. Going to miss Manu/TD of course.

But the Spurs need an injection of new blood/talent around Danny/Kawhi/LMA. Rising cap, draft pick and some nice FA targets should give RC some ammunition to reload tbh.

Trill Clinton
05-10-2016, 09:55 PM
whatever free agent they bring in better be in their prime. i don't want to see any old ass has beens(pau, david west, etc) type players on this team next year. surround kawhi with players he can build trust and chemistry with for the long term.

Darius Bieber
05-10-2016, 09:57 PM
Off-season starts tonight. No free agent will come to this pathetic, choking team. Lamarcus will probably demand a trade and I don't blame him.

ECOV
05-10-2016, 09:58 PM
Off-season starts tonight. No free agent will come to this pathetic, choking team. Lamarcus will probably demand a trade and I don't blame him.
you say the most dumbest shit ever

Robz4000
05-10-2016, 09:59 PM
Only untouchable players are Kawhi/LMA/Green. Jettison everyone else tbh.

mexicanjunior
05-10-2016, 10:02 PM

I would trade Green and his bloated salary in a heartbeat. The guy can't even dribble...

timtonymanu
05-10-2016, 10:09 PM

This. Spurs desperately need a good guard though cause LMA can't be relied on as a top 2 option apparently

r0drig0lac
05-10-2016, 10:09 PM
Only untouchable players are Kawhi/LMA. Jettison everyone else tbh.

agree, however Parker will retire as a spurs and everyone here knows it

NASpurs
05-10-2016, 10:30 PM
Someone fire up the ESPN Trade Machine, it's time.

loveforthegame
05-10-2016, 10:39 PM
Need to move the dead weight on the bench.

Time to find a pg to run with Leonard and LMA.

MaNu4Tres
05-11-2016, 09:27 AM
1. Plan a river parade celebration for TD and Manu's retirement. Yes, they deserve one.

2. Trade Patty on draft day for a late 1st/ early 2nd round pick or trade Patty/Diaw for Jeff Teague since he's likely going to be on the block for ATL.

3. Use pick(s) to trade up or go after PG or Wing in the draft.

4. Utilize team option to waive Diaw.

5. Let Miller, Martin, Bonner all go.

6. Go after Durant and Horford in FA -- likely aren't coming. Test waters w/ Ezeli -- W's probably won't let him go. See market for bigs like Gasol, Mahimni, Ryan Anderson and wings like Batum, Marvin Williams, Affalo, Gerald Henderson, Bazemore, Fournier (RFA; not likely).

7. After those dominoes fall -- some FA's I'd like SA to look at with minimal assets: Teletovic, Brandon Rush, Allen Crabbe (RFA), Wes Johnson, Terrance Jones, Ish Smith, James Ennis.

8. Bring over Bertans.

sasaint
05-11-2016, 09:41 AM
This. Getting outcoached by Tom Rivers and Scotty Donovan in back to back seasons. Time to retire, imo.

If Tim and Manu retire, It is not unimaginable that Pop goes bye-bye, too. And if Pop departed, it is not unimaginable that Tony might be moved. But the most likely scenario is for Tim and Manu to go and Pop and Tony to stay.

gambit1990
05-11-2016, 05:42 PM
i want dirk, josh mcroberts, and chris paul.

but i'm pretty sure they won't be on our roster next year.

ernest787
05-11-2016, 05:51 PM
The spurs are going to have to rebuild the entire front court. Tim is gone. West should be gone. Diaw should be gone.

That leaves LMA and maybe Boban.

Gasol would be a nice addition. Likely still need 2 other big men.

We need wing scorers badly as well. Kawhi will be the only guy left that can get his own offense. I'm fine letting TP run the show, but we will need someone to back him up that can play heavy minutes and doesn't vanish like Patty.

gambit1990
05-11-2016, 05:54 PM
west doesn't have to go, it's just that he shouldn't be the tallest player on the floor for us.

SAGirl
05-11-2016, 08:53 PM
If Tim and Manu retire, It is not unimaginable that Pop goes bye-bye, too. And if Pop departed, it is not unimaginable that Tony might be moved. But the most likely scenario is for Tim and Manu to go and Pop and Tony to stay.
I think Pop and Tony stay.
I think Danny stays too. Personally I think the Durant thing is a rumor, but we shall see. If he is in play everyone is probably game to be moved but LMA and Kawhi.
Diaw should be moved. I see D west retiring. Even b4 he stank things up this postseason I thought that bc he had expressed a certain readiness to retire, multiple off the court interests and uncertainties regarding his future. Falling flat in the postseason is maybe the calling call for him that it is time. If he's stays he has to know bhe will be benched in the future for anyone being better, he should not be guaranteed a spot or role. Boban, LJC, Milutinov, Bertans, Lalanne, even a new FA could be better. It could be his time, everyone had an ego.
The youngsters are all retained. They are on cheap contracts and have upside. I like Boban and I hope he's retained but he's a question mark.

Mugen
05-11-2016, 08:55 PM
I wonder if Phil is dumb enough to trade for Porky.

BillMc
05-11-2016, 08:59 PM
I wonder if Phil is dumb enough to trade for Porky.

Phil's just cashing checks waiting for Jeanie to push out her brother so Phil can run the Lakers basketball operations. He doesn't care what happens to the Knicks, tbh.

Mugen
05-11-2016, 09:02 PM
Phil's just cashing checks waiting for Jeanie to push out her brother so Phil can run the Lakers basketball operations. He doesn't care what happens to the Knicks, tbh.

True. They're the only realistic trading partner I can think of for TP tbh. Not a lot of teams out there with a need for a PG + incompetent front office which are the two main ingredients for a Parker trade IMO....

Robz4000
05-11-2016, 09:13 PM
True. They're the only realistic trading partner I can think of for TP tbh. Not a lot of teams out there with a need for a PG + incompetent front office which are the two main ingredients for a Parker trade IMO....

If Rondo books it off the Kings they could be in play. Not sure I'd wish that on Porker though.

InTheCrust
05-11-2016, 09:27 PM
joakim noah's coming off the books...

i'd rather him than gasol because of defense, younger, can operate on offense without his play being called, etc.

the injury thing may be rough, but shit nigga it's worth exploring

timtonymanu
05-11-2016, 09:35 PM
joakim noah's coming off the books...

i'd rather him than gasol because of defense, younger, can operate on offense without his play being called, etc.

the injury thing may be rough, but shit nigga it's worth exploring

Noah is trash. :lol Even in his MVP season, he got exposed.

sasaint
05-11-2016, 10:09 PM

Actually I can think of a couple of other front offices that fit that description: Philly and Sactown (assuming Rondo leaves). However, that raises a second level question about Tony. If PATFO is willing to deal him, how low would they go?

A couple of months ago, I was fiddling with the Trade Machine, and I came up with a few three-team trades that didn't seem totally gonzo. IMHO, that is the best scenario for dealing Tony - in a 3-way trade.

Dancelot
05-11-2016, 10:18 PM
If we don't pick up somebody good and free agency, I hope we tank after an injury or something. We could really use a good lottery pick every decade or so.

ace3g
05-12-2016, 12:35 AM
Add players that can guard multiple positions, dribble the basketball, shoot and/or attack the basket.

r0drig0lac
05-12-2016, 07:51 AM
Add players that can guard multiple positions, dribble the basketball, shoot and/or attack the basket.

basically golden state warriors roster

ElNono
05-12-2016, 09:10 PM
so...

We know Parker, Danny, LMA, Kawhi, Anderson and Bonner are coming back...

Don't know what we'll do with Boris, and we'll find out if Tim and Manu come back for one more run, probably on a limited role...

ernest787
05-12-2016, 09:13 PM
let's bump this:

We have Kawhi, Green, Parker, LMA back next year.

Duncan, Manu, Boris, West should all be gone.

What can we get for Patty?

Can big head stay in the D-League?

I'd like to keep Boban as a 3rd/4th Big.

So all we need is a Big who isn't soft to play next to LaMarshmellow, a couple wing players that can actually dribble, and a PG that can play at an All-star level.

Robz4000
05-12-2016, 10:03 PM
Blow up the bench, convince Tim and Manu to come back, and see if you can get anyone in FA. Unlike past years recently, Spurs now have a core to build on in Kawhi/Green/LMA.

NASpurs
05-12-2016, 10:05 PM
Blow up the bench, convince Tim and Manu to come back, and see if you can get anyone in FA. Unlike past years recently, Spurs now have a core to build on in Kawhi/Green/LMA.They're done like Tim's knees. If they do come back, hopefully they can take Becky's spot on that side of the bench.

Robz4000
05-12-2016, 10:13 PM
They're done like Tim's knees. If they do come back, hopefully they can take Becky's spot on that side of the bench.

Tim looked pretty damn good when played extended minutes. Pop just needs to call his number more to get him a rhythm.

tholdren
05-12-2016, 10:16 PM
and we've got a winner.

Trade KL - He's got a ton of value. When his athleticism goes, he's danny green. His defensive instincts will never go, just like danny, but SA is paying A TON, for a player who can't control the game, but SA tries to force the issue with. Hell KL was put on ROBERSON and he had a career night, due to KL trying to cherry pick.

Trade LMA - Overpaid. Get something for value. He can't rebound in traffic. Bye. Have Bulls do a sign and trade with Noah, Taj Gibson and Brooks or throw in Parker and give SA rose.

Duncan/Manu/Bonner - Retire Thanks

Martin - Bye
Diaw - BYE

Green/Boban/Simmons - Keep Go through the beatdown process and luck out in 10 years with a #1 draft pick

Jdspur20
05-12-2016, 10:16 PM
Tim looked pretty damn good when played extended minutes. Pop just needs to call his number more to get him a rhythm.

Agreed.

Chinook
05-12-2016, 10:18 PM

Kobe got 60 his final game. Don't confuse Tim mustering up a fine swan song for him still being a daily player. He'd have to come back for the min for it to make any sense.

Robz4000
05-12-2016, 10:21 PM
Kobe got 60 his final game. Don't confuse Tim mustering up a fine swan song for him still being a daily player. He'd have to come back for the min for it to make any sense.

That's what I'm hoping he does. Can't make any moves unless Porker is offloaded.

ElNono
05-12-2016, 10:22 PM
It's really all about the market and what we can get... rather have Tim and Manu back than another West, Patty rehash, tbh...

Holden_Caulfield
05-12-2016, 10:25 PM
noah/lin/bazemore

SanAntonioSpurs23
05-12-2016, 10:29 PM
Championship window is closed unless a Superstar like Durant signs. If not the Spurs are the new guests. Bottom 4 seed with a ceiling of the second round.

ace3g
05-12-2016, 10:38 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/704288361737908226/dNnfOTNW_bigger.jpg Marc Stein Verified account ‏@ESPNSteinLine (https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine)

Since last week's piece about the Spurs' free-agent interest in Kevin Durant more than one spy has whispered: They'll court Mike Conley, too

Escawun3
05-12-2016, 10:39 PM
Horford would be ideal, but I think he is too expensive. I know a lot of people don´t like Pau because of his defense but he could be have relatively cheap, let's hope Memphis do a sign and trade of Conley for Tony and someone else. the only way Tony goes is if he wants to go, and with Timmy and Manu retiring and he not being the option he wants to be I think is very possible. players like Fournier,Bazemore,Mahinmi, Dudley, Agustin and Teletovic are intriguing.

CGD
05-12-2016, 10:57 PM
Spurs need to stop dicking around and start bringing in their old draft picks.

Boris and west seem done; patty left a lot to be desired this season; I think Tim comes back for a bench/limited role (the west role); manu unclear.

Like connoly idea a lot. Solid defender with legit 3 range unlike Parker. After this series the KD thing is a fantasy.

Mugen
05-12-2016, 11:00 PM
I like Conley, i'm officially a fan of making him the no. 1 priority this offseason.

Lot of guys going to get paid this year, but i really like Kent Bazemore on the 2nd unit tbh.....

Robz4000
05-12-2016, 11:02 PM
Don't max Conley imo.

jimbo
05-12-2016, 11:03 PM
get splitter back :cry

Darius Bieber
05-12-2016, 11:32 PM
Well the off season started sooner than everyone expected. I just don't have high expectations for the Spurs anymore. They probably won't even make it past round 1 next year, if they even make the playoffs.

tbdog
05-13-2016, 12:31 AM
A quick cut and paste from another thread I wrote in.

But I'll add that if Manu retires (highly likely) the chances of trading Parker increases as the big 3 would have officially come to an end with Manu retirement. If that is the case, you always look for 8 playoff rotational players, and 2 specialists.

So, lets say Timmy comes back.

Green
Leonard
LMA
TD

Anderson and Simmons because they are dirt cheap.

So it is a no brainer the rumour leaked to target Conley as it is a position of need. Paul Gasol has had a rumour to join us as well. With this series loss, we can pretty much scrap out Durant.

If the Spurs get P Gasol, keep TD and Bobon, the center position is set. I would love to have Courtney Lee, Batum (too expensive). If we cant get Gasol or lose TD, then you kinda need to look at Noah who would work so well with LMA and Leonard/Green defense. The PF position is really lacking for the LMA center strategy, Ilyasova maybe? If the Spurs are going to embrace the small ball, switching era, then Noah, Batum, and Lee would be my targets, and try and trade Parker/Diaw for Teague or something to run the show.

Robz4000
05-13-2016, 12:47 AM
Well the off season started sooner than everyone expected. I just don't have high expectations for the Spurs anymore. They probably won't even make it past round 1 next year, if they even make the playoffs.

Bruh

SAGirl
05-13-2016, 03:44 AM
It's really all about the market and what we can get... rather have Tim and Manu back than another West, Patty rehash, tbh...
Yuck that's disgusting. No Martin either.

ace3g
05-13-2016, 08:06 PM
Paul Garcia PS ‏@PaulGarciaPS (https://twitter.com/PaulGarciaPS) 12h12 hours ago (https://twitter.com/PaulGarciaPS/status/731102866891366400) Key dates for Spurs

June 23 - Draft

June 29 - Duncan, Manu, West have to make decisions. Team decides if they’ll keep Diaw &/or Simmons

Russ
05-13-2016, 08:12 PM
If the Spurs get P Gasol, keep TD and Bobon, the center position is set.

Set in cement if ya know what I mean.

Gasol is too old and slow -- exactly what the Spurs don't need in the post.

Hopefully TD is back with a repaired knee and Boban is back and improved.

The Spurs need a young athletic defensive-minded big to develop. Easier said than done.

Maybe, that Cady Lalanne whom they drafted last year.

ace3g
05-13-2016, 11:05 PM
Jamal Crawford

look_at_g_shred
05-13-2016, 11:26 PM
Ya already dude

.G.
05-13-2016, 11:35 PM
Jamal Crawford

That's the only nigga Kawhi's Twitter follows. Could be nothing.

J_Paco
05-13-2016, 11:43 PM
I would hope that acquiring either Brandon Knight or Jeff Teague are the first priority. Allowing Tony to move to the bench and occupy Manu's old spot as 6th man. Bring over Davis Bertans and possibly Nikola Milutinov, fuck letting them rot in Europe. Hope that Jonathan Simmons can develop enough to be the first SG off the bench or try to lure either C.J. Miles (not sure if he's a FA), Allen Crabbe or Kent Bazemore. Draft a young, athletic wing man or combo guard to groom behind Tony or Danny/FA signing.

Pick up either Ian Mahinmi or Plumlee on a dirty cheap deal, draft A.J. Hammons early in the second round. See if Timmy will comeback in a limited capacity as a player/coach and defensive anchor.Try to lure Manu out of retirement in January or February.

Drop Mills, Miller, Martin, Diaw, West, Bonner and Marjanovic.

look_at_g_shred
05-13-2016, 11:54 PM
How realistic is Clarkson? What's the most we can give him assuming Parker still on the team?

J_Paco
05-13-2016, 11:55 PM
so...

We know Parker, Danny, LMA, Kawhi, Anderson and Bonner are coming back...

Don't know what we'll do with Boris, and we'll find out if Tim and Manu come back for one more run, probably on a limited role...

If they build a more competent, versatile, athletic and better shooting roster than I wouldn't mind seeing Timmy, Manu and maybe even Boris returning. Boris might need a more traditional and athletic center beside him to play more effectively. Possibly giving him a last chance while grooming Anderson (he will never be a small forward, TBH) to replace him might be the most logical move.

Duncan and Ginobili postponing retirement for super limited roles is something I could roll with.

spurs10
05-14-2016, 12:35 AM
Well if Conley and Horford are the main talent we are chasing. Maybe the shake up isn't too dramatic. Are Bertran and Hanga ready for the NBA? We know Bonner and Miller are gone. What about West, Boris, and Patty? Do they keep Martin and try to teach him some defense? Reckon Anderson, Simmons, and Boban are affordable enough to keep. For now I'm going to suppose Manu and Tim return.

Tony/Conley/ Mills
Green/ Manu/ Martin
Kawhi/ Anderson
LMA/ Boris/ West
Horford/ Tim/ Boban

Not a bad group.

J_Paco
05-14-2016, 12:44 AM
Why chase after Conley when his best days are behind him? Big Al isn't a true center and won't help on the glass.

The Spurs are much better off gambling on a young guy like Meyers Leonard, although he has his issues with injuries, or even Miles Plumlee who they can likely get for around the mid-level exception.

Jeff Teague is their best option if they can pry him from Atlanta. He isn't as efficient as Tony, but he has a lot of the same attributes as a younger Parker.

I would love to have Manu and Timmy back if we acquire any combination of Teague/Knight (too pricey)/Plumlee/Leonard/Mahinmi with better wing depth/scoring. If they gel quickly the team could still conceivably be a top 4 seed, again.

tbdog
05-14-2016, 12:51 AM
How realistic is Clarkson? What's the most we can give him assuming Parker still on the team?

Well there are too many unknowns at the moment. Salary cap is predicted to be around 89mil. We have just over 87mil taken. However, here comes all the unknowns. Diaw is unguaranteed at 7mil. 3 players have player options: TD 6.4mil, Manu 2. 9mil, and West 1.5mil. Bobon has a Q offer of 1.5mil.

So IF TD, Manu retire, Spurs realistically net about 18mil in cap space. By letting Bobon go and West not picking up his option, we can get over the 20mil mark. Hopefully for us Spurs fans, TD and Manu come back, and if we dump Diaw and say Mills, we can net around 12mil in cap space. As you can see why Spurs fans want Parker out, cause he is owed 14.4mil.

venitian navigator
05-14-2016, 01:29 AM
One thing I dont know is: if a player give up his player option can he be re-signed for the minimum? if the answer is yes, Tim, Manu and west could just renounce their option and open cap space so we can sign them later after a decent free agency...

kobyz
05-14-2016, 01:31 AM
Who could fix my account? I can't start threads, can't access my profile and edit, i want my account to be fixed or delated...

ace3g
05-14-2016, 01:41 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgvwWaI-27o

NASpurs
05-14-2016, 02:13 AM
Who could fix my account? I can't start threads, can't access my profile and edit, i want my account to be fixed or delated...

Spamming every fucking thread with this isn't going to help you dumbass. There's a reason why you're on a leash.

kobyz
05-14-2016, 02:46 AM
Spamming every fucking thread with this isn't going to help you dumbass. There's a reason why you're on a leash.

This is not fair...

Snaq O'Meal
05-14-2016, 05:50 AM
Championship window is closed unless a Superstar like Durant signs. If not the Spurs are the new guests. Bottom 4 seed with a ceiling of the second round.

Pop's ineptitude made sure Durant will never come.

LakerHater
05-15-2016, 02:42 AM
Spurs could be involved w/ Horford. Don't see Hawks facilitating that unless they're getting Danny Green.

GSW can't open cap space for Horford without a trade so they would have to send something back. Much more promising than Spurs flotsam.

I can see multiple scenarios where the Hawks facilitate a sign and trade of Horford to GSW: Bogut, Barnes or Ezeli could be a Hawk.

palangi
05-15-2016, 02:59 AM
Shed some tears!

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-15-2016, 03:03 AM
With Freak emerging in Milwaukee, what about trading for MCW? Long, athletic, great defender, cheap. Chip works wonders on his shot, Parker teaches him the system and becomes 6th man if Manu retires (highly likely).

At C, a few people have suggested Noah, and on a decent salary I think he'd be perfect - strong defender, great passer and screener, perfect fit next to Aldridge. I hope Tim also returns to play mentor and 15-20mins off the bench.

MCW/Parker/Mills
Green/Simmons(/TP-Mills)
Kawhi/Slo-Mo/young athlete
LMA/West/Diaw/Bertans or Milutinov
Noah/Timmy

1 flex spot to try to keep Boban if West moves on or retires, or bring in another athletic wing.

SD126
05-15-2016, 03:17 AM
With Freak emerging in Milwaukee, what about trading for MCW? Long, athletic, great defender, cheap. Chip works wonders on his shot, Parker teaches him the system and becomes 6th man if Manu retires (highly likely).

At C, a few people have suggested Noah, and on a decent salary I think he'd be perfect - strong defender, great passer and screener, perfect fit next to Aldridge. I hope Tim also returns to play mentor and 15-20mins off the bench.

MCW/Parker/Mills
Green/Simmons(/TP-Mills)
Kawhi/Slo-Mo/young athlete
LMA/West/Diaw/Bertans or Milutinov
Noah/Timmy

1 flex spot to try to keep Boban if West moves on or retires, or bring in another athletic wing.

Having West/Diaw/Noah/Mills is a setup for failure and a carbon copy of what just happened in the playoffs.

MCW...wouldn't mind.

tbdog
05-15-2016, 05:31 AM
Having West/Diaw/Noah/Mills is a setup for failure and a carbon copy of what just happened in the playoffs.

MCW...wouldn't mind.

Noah would work wonders in our system next to LMA. He is perfect for LMA actually. We do need address our bigger pg need.

kobyz
05-15-2016, 06:11 AM
I would like to trade for MCW, he is aggresive player and a good defender at the guard spot... And who know, with Greek Freek use as a PG it might be realistic to trade Patty(in some way) who could fit what they need...

SPURt
05-15-2016, 06:47 AM
I think Noah would be a good pick up granted he stays healthy. Unlike a lot of bugs like Adams, he's a great passer. He's got that annoying Draymond personality and would be cheaper than Howard or Horford. Likely too risky, even at 31 yrs old.

I find the MCW idea interesting. Again, risky to bet Chip can fix his shot. Bulls Ron Harper is an achievable goal. Again, high risk high reward move.

Realistically, outside of Simmons' development, I'd like to see Cady on the roster and find out if he's a 3 or 4. He has really work on his 3 pt game. I'm excited to see what RC does. There is a legitimate shot at a championship should RC get it right.

tbdog
05-15-2016, 07:02 AM
I think Noah would be a good pick up granted he stays healthy. Unlike a lot of bugs like Adams, he's a great passer. He's got that annoying Draymond personality and would be cheaper than Howard or Horford. Likely too risky, even at 31 yrs old.

I find the MCW idea interesting. Again, risky to bet Chip can fix his shot. Bulls Ron Harper is an achievable goal. Again, high risk high reward move.

Realistically, outside of Simmons' development, I'd like to see Cady on the roster and find out if he's a 3 or 4. He has really work on his 3 pt game. I'm excited to see what RC does. There is a legitimate shot at a championship should RC get it right.

We really need shooting which makes MCW a hard sale. I like Noah because he does the dirty work. I couldn't think of a better player for his price to team up with LMA. Makes our switching Defense even better.

SPURt
05-15-2016, 08:08 AM
We really need shooting which makes MCW a hard sale. I like Noah because he does the dirty work. I couldn't think of a better player for his price to team up with LMA. Makes our switching Defense even better.
I totally agree and both the shooting and Noah. Finding shooters that can defend isn't gonna be easy to find, especially in this free agency. The bench especially needs shooting. It's weird to admit it, but this team really missed the role Marco played. Marco made things easier for Patty and Ginobili off the bench. Jamaal Crawford could be a better version of Marco but he is also getting old. K Mart could be that as well, though K Mart can actually get to the free throw line.

As for the starting PG spot, I'm with Pop, I wish Miller was a decade younger.

K...
05-15-2016, 10:01 AM
The bench could really be a lot easier if Simmons and kyle could learn to shoot. Mainly simmons.

IF we could get simmons to play a poor mans mills role we can trade mills. Simmons doesn't need a peak patty stroke but then even mills himself isn't back to his peak. Simmons would be a better defender, better driver.

jyra
05-15-2016, 10:14 AM
I would like to see the front office give Printezis a call to see if he is interested in coming over. I think he would do well as the backup PF if Boris/West don't return.

ace3g
05-15-2016, 04:23 PM
Probably gets paid too much this summer but Biyombo.

Robz4000
05-15-2016, 04:28 PM
Biyombo is a good defender, but he really doesn't offer that much else. If the Spurs had someone who could set him up regularly I'd consider it, but at this point he wouldn't move the needle.

ace3g
05-15-2016, 04:51 PM
Synergy Sports Tech (https://twitter.com/SynergySST)synergy (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=1795)SST
Bismack Biyombo is shooting right around 90% rolling to the rim since Jonas Valanciunas went down in game 3. FT shooting still needs a lot of work.

TheGreatYacht
05-15-2016, 04:58 PM
Biyombo >>> Ezeli

SD126
05-15-2016, 04:58 PM
Synergy Sports Tech (https://twitter.com/SynergySST)synergy (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=1795)SST
Bismack Biyombo is shooting right around 90% rolling to the rim since Jonas Valanciunas went down in game 3. FT shooting still needs a lot of work.

Heat doesn't have a rim protector with Whiteside out...that's why Bismark is putting up these numbers

TheGreatYacht
05-15-2016, 05:02 PM
Heat doesn't have a rim protector with Whiteside out...that's why Bismark is putting up these numbers
That's true, but he also doesn't play in the best passing team in the league where he's left open because other teams are focused on Dray, Steph, Klay tbh.. That team even makes Speights look good

TheGreatYacht
05-15-2016, 05:05 PM
Heat hacking a guy that's shooting 16-28 from the free throw line :lol

That's Pop-esque

apalisoc_9
05-15-2016, 05:11 PM
Really need a rollman and a penetrator.

playblair
05-15-2016, 05:26 PM

SAGirl
05-15-2016, 06:18 PM
Grats to Becky! I hope she stays with the Spurs another season.

tholdren
05-15-2016, 06:19 PM
Grats to Becky! I hope she stays with the Spurs another season.
yes me too, she has so much to add to the spurs

TD 21
05-15-2016, 07:36 PM
I've never been a Carter-Williams fan, but unfortunately, he's along the lines of what I could see them pursuing. To be fair, he does check some boxes, strikes me as a Spur and his stock is low enough that something like Mills, 29 and maybe Simmons, if necessary, might get it done.

Robz4000
05-15-2016, 08:08 PM
As much as I dislike Cancer-Williams' game, he'd be helpful matching up against GS/OKC. If he can be acquired for very little I'd do it.

K...
05-15-2016, 08:50 PM
The only job I think Becky would want would be Orlando. Not sure I'd they are calling. No to college. She should try pro first.

ace3g
05-15-2016, 08:54 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski @WojVerticalNBA
(https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA) Sources on @TheVertical (https://twitter.com/TheVertical/): Memphis Grizzlies meet with San Antonio assistant in head coaching search. yhoo.it/1TgoMZm (https://t.co/SudIhF0ofJ)

DPG21920
05-15-2016, 09:22 PM
Spurs continue to get pilfered. Luckily, the main people are still in tact.

Ice009
05-16-2016, 03:43 AM

I was actually very interested in getting Biyombo in the off-season as a rim protector and rebounder. I was surprised that he went so cheap and the Spurs didn't seem to even look into getting him. I also wanted Aminu a couple of off-seasons ago. I still think those two would have been great signings. I think the Spurs dropped the ball on both.

polandprzem
05-16-2016, 04:10 AM
The spurs with LMA and Leo in the squad and being their best players lacking playmaking. With manu gone or unable to do this duties along with Boris gone we are left without playmaker. As good as TP was at pnr game he just can't create a havoc inside anymore. In todays basketball that's crucial.

So we do need some machines on frntcourt but our backcourt is nowhere. Looking at how Patty played in playoffs. I mean come on. Idk how much Pop believes Anderson can grow and where he can fit ... That's a real tough questions to answer.

I just got to believe in Spurs magic to work once again.

tbdog
05-16-2016, 06:19 AM
I was actually very interested in getting Biyombo in the off-season as a rim protector and rebounder. I was surprised that he went so cheap and the Spurs didn't seem to even look into getting him. I also wanted Aminu a couple of off-seasons ago. I still think those two would have been great signings. I think the Spurs dropped the ball on both.

We had no money. We signed Butler, who turned out to be Miller for a min. West for a Min. Traded a second round pick for Mccallum who turned out to be A.Miller for a min. Simmons for a Min. And Bobon for a nickel. All our cap space went to LMA.

tbdog
05-16-2016, 06:23 AM
The spurs with LMA and Leo in the squad and being their best players lacking playmaking. With manu gone or unable to do this duties along with Boris gone we are left without playmaker. As good as TP was at pnr game he just can't create a havoc inside anymore. In todays basketball that's crucial.

So we do need some machines on frntcourt but our backcourt is nowhere. Looking at how Patty played in playoffs. I mean come on. Idk how much Pop believes Anderson can grow and where he can fit ... That's a real tough questions to answer.

I just got to believe in Spurs magic to work once again.

They will. They have a 3 year window with LMA signed up to do something. Even if TD and Manu stay for one more year, they will look to build a team for that 3 year window. I really hope those two opt out and resign for a min. Manu and TD can still give a solid 15 to 20 minutes. Manu should be a 3rd or 4th wing option these days, and TD should be bench center. But at their contracts, we are kinda stuck. I seriously believe Diaw is gone with his 7 mil contract.

ManuTastic
05-16-2016, 07:45 AM
OK so here's the Spurs salaries for this year and next two years:

Player 2015-16 2016-17 2017-18

LaMarcus Aldrid $19,500,000 $20,500,000 $21,500,000
Kawhi Leonard $16,500,000 $17,500,000 $19,000,000
Tony Parker $13,437,500 $14,445,313 $15,453,126
Danny Green $10,000,000 $10,000,000 $10,000,000
Boris Diaw $7,000,000 $6,500,000 $7,000,000
Tim Duncan $5,000,000 $5,500,000*
Patrick Mills $3,578,947 $3,578,948
Manu Ginobili $2,814,000 $2,940,630*
Matt Bonner $1,499,187
David West $1,499,000 $1,552,000*
Boban Marjanovi $1,200,000
Kyle Anderson $1,142,879 $1,192,080 $2,151,704
Jonathon Simm $525,093 $874,636
Andre Miller $396,844
Kevin Martin $317,475
Rasual Butler $1,499,187
Ray McCallum $947,276

Team Totals $87,365,099 $84,583,607 $75,104,830
* = Player option

Right now we have $85M spent on contracts for next season, assuming Tim and Manu and West all use their player options. (Simmons is a team option but it's only 875k so whatever.)
My question: what is the new salary cap going to be, and when does it happen? Soon, right?

(Oh crap the table formatting got deleted and it looks like hell, but the question is still how much is the new cap?)

jyra
05-16-2016, 09:59 AM
My question: what is the new salary cap going to be, and when does it happen? Soon, right?

That's what the moratorium is for. It will run from July 1-6.

eDizzle20
05-16-2016, 10:58 AM
Any chance the Spurs go after Whiteside? I know he's a head case, but when he has his right he is dominant defensively.

tbdog
05-16-2016, 08:43 PM
Any chance the Spurs go after Whiteside? I know he's a head case, but when he has his right he is dominant defensively.

He is going to get close to the max, around the 14mil starting figure. With owners like Cuban who offered Jordan more last year, I can see him getting that. I think the Spurs would look at Howard for cheaper and wiser, I cant believe I said Howard is wiser, but anyway. I see the Spurs looking at Howard over Whiteside if they want a shot blocking center. Because he is little more mature, older, and has more basketball knowledge. And might be cheaper too. Or even Mahimni. Personally, I believe they are going to look for a hard working pf, an Amir Johnston style, or a versatile center like Splitter, ie Noah.

Keepin' it real
05-16-2016, 08:52 PM
I think Noah would be a good pick up granted he stays healthy.

That's not how it works. He's either a good pickup or he's not. :lol

relic
05-16-2016, 10:03 PM
I like any combination of the following
jamal crawford lac
andre drummond Det
gasol Chicago
mike conley mem

relic
05-16-2016, 10:09 PM
Wouldn't mind these guys.
mat Barnes mem
al horford hawks
harrison Barnes gsw
batum Charlotte

MR-Clutch
05-16-2016, 11:26 PM
Would we be able to get a Conley or Horford if Duncan and Manu came back? The more I think about it the more I like the idea of the big three coming off the bench. It would be fun to watch, a great way for them to contribute before retirement, and I still think the three of them have enough left in the tank to be one of the best benches in the league. I guess it just depends on the cap situation on who we could afford if the big 3 were to return.

SPURt
05-17-2016, 11:55 AM
That's not how it works. He's either a good pickup or he's not. :lol
Being as no one on this forum will get to see Noah's medical records, that's kind of how it works on fan forum. In a perfect world where injury isn't a consideration, I clearly state he would be a good addition to the Spurs. If you know some concrete medical facts about Noah's health, please share.

Kawhitstorm
05-17-2016, 02:08 PM

Biyambo got triple the vet min which was all the Spurs had to offer & Aminu wanted minutes which was why he signed w/ the Mavs for the minimum.

ace3g
05-17-2016, 09:56 PM
Marc J. Spears marcJSpearsESPN
(https://twitter.com/MarcJSpearsESPN) Spurs assistant coach Ettore Messina interviewed for the Rockets' head coach opening last Saturday, a source said.

spurs10
05-17-2016, 10:50 PM
Would we be able to get a Conley or Horford if Duncan and Manu came back? The more I think about it the more I like the idea of the big three coming off the bench. It would be fun to watch, a great way for them to contribute before retirement, and I still think the three of them have enough left in the tank to be one of the best benches in the league. I guess it just depends on the cap situation on who we could afford if the big 3 were to return.
I'm not sure money-wise, but we need replacements for Tim and Manu whether they stay or not. Conley would be more of an upgrade of the 1 spot, but Manu is often that guy. I like the idea of them playing together as bench players.

montgod
05-18-2016, 12:41 AM
OK so here's the Spurs salaries for this year and next two years:

Player 2015-16 2016-17 2017-18

LaMarcus Aldrid $19,500,000 $20,500,000 $21,500,000
Kawhi Leonard $16,500,000 $17,500,000 $19,000,000
Tony Parker $13,437,500 $14,445,313 $15,453,126
Danny Green $10,000,000 $10,000,000 $10,000,000
Boris Diaw $7,000,000 $6,500,000 $7,000,000
Tim Duncan $5,000,000 $5,500,000*
Patrick Mills $3,578,947 $3,578,948
Manu Ginobili $2,814,000 $2,940,630*
Matt Bonner $1,499,187
David West $1,499,000 $1,552,000*
Boban Marjanovi $1,200,000
Kyle Anderson $1,142,879 $1,192,080 $2,151,704
Jonathon Simm $525,093 $874,636
Andre Miller $396,844
Kevin Martin $317,475
Rasual Butler $1,499,187
Ray McCallum $947,276

Team Totals $87,365,099 $84,583,607 $75,104,830
* = Player option

Right now we have $85M spent on contracts for next season, assuming Tim and Manu and West all use their player options. (Simmons is a team option but it's only 875k so whatever.)

(Oh crap the table formatting got deleted and it looks like hell, but the question is still how much is the new cap?)

92 million is current rumor of next year's cap limit (this year's is 70 million)

Interesting note:
Finding an upgrade isn’t easy. That’s why Diaw could be invaluable against Golden State a year from now, too. But Diaw is now 34 years old, and his contract has a clause that could help the Spurs change this summer. While Diaw is scheduled to earn $7 million next year, the Spurs will owe him only $3 million if they release him by June 30. 17 hours ago – via San Antonio Express-News

SD126
05-18-2016, 12:43 AM
Interesting note:
Finding an upgrade isn’t easy. That’s why Diaw could be invaluable against Golden State a year from now, too. But Diaw is now 34 years old, and his contract has a clause that could help the Spurs change this summer. While Diaw is scheduled to earn $7 million next year, the Spurs will owe him only $3 million if they release him by June 30. 17 hours ago – via San Antonio Express-News

So Diaw winds up staying and it's back to the status quo. Yippee. Smh

montgod
05-18-2016, 12:49 AM
So Diaw winds up staying and it's back to the status quo. Yippee. Smh

I wouldn't assume that. He could easily be a very nice trade chip with that option. Unfortunately, not really going to know anything till Manu and Duncan make their decisions public.

kobyz
05-18-2016, 07:04 AM
Get rid of Diaw and Mills and sign Conley, Gasol and Bazemore...

tbdog
05-18-2016, 08:39 AM

If Manu and TD opt out and sign for a minimum, it would give us about 5 mil extra space. By dumping Diaw it will give us a further 7 mil. With just under 2 mil in space, we would have about 15-16 mil to stay under the cap. Of course, TD and Manu can sign afterwards, which gives us about 18-19 mil to play with. Dumping mills gives us a further 3 mil. Then we are getting in the tax.

TheDoctor
05-18-2016, 08:43 AM
If Manu and TD opt out and sign for a minimum, it would give us about 5 mil extra space. By dumping Diaw it will give us a further 7 mil. With just under 2 mil in space, we would have about 15-16 mil to stay under the cap. Of course, TD and Manu can sign afterwards, which gives us about 18-19 mil to play with. Dumping mills gives us a further 3 mil. Then we are getting in the tax.

Dumping Boris will give us 3.5M as his contract is guaranteed by 3.5M IIRC.

MaNu4Tres
05-18-2016, 08:49 AM

Not necessarily.

Spurs could then stretch out the 3.5 million over 5 years via the stretch provision. So only a little over 600K would count against cap.

I think Diaw will be used in a trade though. We'll see.

TheDoctor
05-18-2016, 08:51 AM
Not necessarily.

Spurs could then stretch out the 3.5 million over 5 years via the stretch provision. So only a little over 600K would count against cap.

That's awesome. Forgot about the stretch provision.

jjktkk
05-18-2016, 08:54 AM
Not necessarily.

As far as trading Diaw, do you think Diaw has value as a player, or his contract has value?

MaNu4Tres
05-18-2016, 09:00 AM
As far as trading Diaw, do you think Diaw has value as a player, or his contract has value?

Both depending on the team that is after him. If he's in a winning situation, there's value for him as a player and his contract makes him more attractive.

I see Atlanta as a real possibility.

elemento
05-18-2016, 09:05 AM

It's 3m guaranteed. And it could be stretched to count only 600k/year.

In terms of pure cap space, Boris is probably our smallest problem . If they don't find a taker, just waive and stretch his guaranteed contract.

TheDoctor
05-18-2016, 09:32 AM
It's 3m guaranteed. And it could be stretched to count only 600k/year.

In terms of pure cap space, Boris is probably our smallest problem . If they don't find a taker, just waive and stretch his guaranteed contract.

Thanks for the explanation :toast

elemento
05-18-2016, 09:49 AM
Thanks for the explanation :toast

:toast

look_at_g_shred
05-18-2016, 10:18 AM
What do you guys think about Thomas Robinson??

BackHome
05-18-2016, 10:54 AM
Yeah I think Atlanta or the Raptors would be in play for him. Not sure which player we would want if any from Atlanta or the Raptors?

Maybe somehow use him a trade with Boston to get a player and either move up higher in this years draft or get a high second rounder. I think they have like 8 draft picks this year. Wow.

It makes sense for a team like the three above they are all young teams so having a big who has playoff experience could help them maybe get farther in the playoffs next year.

DPG21920
05-18-2016, 10:59 AM
Could anyone see UTA giving up their 1st for TP? They seem to want a vet PG very badly.

elemento
05-18-2016, 11:18 AM
Could anyone see UTA giving up their 1st for TP? They seem to want a vet PG very badly.

No. Maybe Burks + filler.

DPG21920
05-18-2016, 11:22 AM
I'm not saying straight up. But UTA has been in the hunt for a vet PG for a while. TP is respected and only a 2 year risk on what will be a lower end deal for a starter.

Not saying likely but maybe something to keep an eye on if SA does look to move TP for a pick.

MaNu4Tres
05-18-2016, 11:26 AM

I don't think Utah would target TP as a priority, I think the timing of targeting TP would be after they've looked at different options in FA and trades. The timing would be after the draft, IMO.

And I don't think Spurs trade TP, unless they have a guaranteed improvement (if Conley signs). The timing of that would be after the draft. I don't see how Spurs would trade Tony before July 6th or 7th, too big of a gamble imo.

Spurs da champs
05-18-2016, 11:37 AM
What do you guys think about Thomas Robinson??

Nice, atheltic energy big. He woulda been a good pickup last year.

DPG21920
05-18-2016, 12:01 PM
I don't think Utah would target TP as a priority, I think the timing of targeting TP would be after they've looked at different options in FA and trades. The timing would be after the draft, IMO.

And I don't think Spurs trade TP, unless they have a guaranteed improvement (if Conley signs). The timing of that would be after the draft. I don't see how Spurs would trade Tony before July 6th or 7th, too big of a gamble imo.

That I agree with on SAs end. I've read UTA has been aggressively shopping their picks for a vet Pg for a while though.

I was just saying if SA had a Pg in the draft they loved then maybe it's something to watch for.

MaNu4Tres
05-18-2016, 12:35 PM
That I agree with on SAs end. I've read UTA has been aggressively shopping their picks for a vet Pg for a while though.

I was just saying if SA had a Pg in the draft they loved then maybe it's something to watch for.

Possibly, I just don't see them trading away Tony Parker for a point guard they like in the draft. Way too much uncertainty surrounding anyone that's drafted and way too big of a gamble for a team that has pieces to win now. imo.

The only way Tony is traded is if Conley is signed. IMO

There's no other PG on the FA market that's a clear cut upgrade for Spurs to consider signing and trading Parker in S&T.

FromWayDowntown
05-18-2016, 05:18 PM
Even more work to do:

Hoops Czar
05-18-2016, 05:21 PM
Not a huge loss, the Coyote looked a step slow all season.

Kawhitstorm
05-18-2016, 05:39 PM
The only way Tony is traded is if Conley is signed. IMO

There's no other PG on the FA market that's a clear cut upgrade for Spurs to consider signing and trading Parker in S&T.

Conley is essentially last summer's LMA & Porky is in Tiago's seat. PATFO would only dump Tony's contract to clear up cap space for a max guy that's going to replace him.

Besides, Utah is better off trading their pick for Teague since he's much younger & not damaged goods.

TheDoctor
05-18-2016, 05:49 PM
Even more work to do:

Send Bonner the job opening tbh

ace3g
05-18-2016, 06:18 PM

spursistan
05-18-2016, 06:50 PM

Nate Duncan/Leroux have one of the best NBA podcasts around..good listen.

tholdren
05-18-2016, 06:58 PM

Get rid of Diaw and everyone who isn't listed for salary. Look at Gaysol and Evan Turner. Cap it off with Brandon Jennings or Jeremy Lin

SD126
05-18-2016, 08:01 PM
Get rid of Diaw and everyone who isn't listed for salary. Look at Gaysol and Evan Turner. Cap it off with Brandon Jennings or Jeremy Lin

Jennings would actually be a decent pickup. The rest...meh.

CGD
05-18-2016, 08:11 PM

Seems fairly obvious

CGD
05-18-2016, 08:12 PM

They do, even if they're Warrior homers.

tholdren
05-18-2016, 08:15 PM
Jennings would actually be a decent pickup. The rest...meh.
Need a big - need a cheap perimeter player that can do what Anderson was supposed to be able to do, need a pg that isn't fat

ace3g
05-18-2016, 08:32 PM
Spurs Nation spurs_Nation
(https://twitter.com/Spurs_Nation) Spurs' Danny Green undergoes LASIK eye surgery ift.tt/1Nzh5gz (https://t.co/83jvObIFX2) #GoSpursGo (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23GoSpursGo) #SpursNation (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23SpursNation)

spursistan
05-18-2016, 08:45 PM
They do, even if they're Warrior homers.
yeah, though not of egregious variety..you can detect both are closet Warriors fans but come across level-headed in most of their analysis...

ace3g
05-18-2016, 10:43 PM
Eric Pincus EricPincus
(https://twitter.com/EricPincus) Put up @BBallInsiders (https://twitter.com/BBallInsiders/) NBA Options, Qualifying Offers Due Before July - list of options, pending qualifying offers basketballinsiders.com/nba-options-qu… (https://t.co/YAu6MLgeil)

Ditty
05-19-2016, 04:12 AM
Give me this roster (I believe the numbers are very close to correct), four rookies and call it a fucking summer :lol:

Of course we have to get rid of Parker's contract and not take anything back, and we have to sign the minimum guys pretty much last to make it work with the $90 million cap I believe.

Duncan($1,551,659)/Gasol($1,551,659)/Milutinov($1,388,240)
Aldridge($20,575,005)/West($1,551,659)/Jean-Charles($543,471)
Durant($24,900,000)/Anderson($1,192,080)/Bertans($543,471)
Leonard($17,638,063)/Green($10,000,000)/Simmons($874,636)
Teague($8,000,000)/Rookie point guard ($1,376,760)

Total Salary: $91,686,703

ace3g
05-19-2016, 06:42 AM
Spurs might be interested in Nando again:

http://encestando.es/de-colo-tiene-4-ofertas-ya-de-la-nba-y-los-bucks-apuestan-fuerte-por-el-el-cska-intenta-renovarles/

ceperez
05-19-2016, 06:46 AM

http://encestando.es/de-colo-tiene-4-ofertas-ya-de-la-nba-y-los-bucks-apuestan-fuerte-por-el-el-cska-intenta-renovarles/

I would take him if he gained a lot of confidence in Europe. He was a terrific passer and has a natural instinct for the game.

Kawhitstorm
05-19-2016, 06:47 AM
Spurs Nation spurs_Nation
(https://twitter.com/Spurs_Nation) Spurs' Danny Green undergoes LASIK eye surgery ift.tt/1Nzh5gz (https://t.co/83jvObIFX2) #GoSpursGo (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23GoSpursGo) #SpursNation (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23SpursNation)

:lmao

Snaq O'Meal
05-19-2016, 06:50 AM

They tried to make a move for Gustavo Ayon back in 2014. They may do it again when his contract expires this year. Tough low post player, very mobile, great in the pick-and-roll, and a strong rebounder. Had an impressive showing against Team USA. But his stock may have gone up significantly after impressive showings for Real Madrid.

ceperez
05-19-2016, 06:50 AM
Spurs are *not* in good shape compared to GSW, OKC and CLE.

Spurs just don't have enough elite talent, GSW is loaded top to bottom.... I say go for Barnes to hobble them a bit. He's a nice big SF that still has a lot of upside. Spurs just need some more weapons and if they can hobble GSW a little bit then they have a chance.

GSW really is playing that beautiful game that the Spurs invented in 2014. Unfortunately Spurs have regressed into a kind of game that looks like OKC but without the elite offensive talent.

Pop looks like he's done after 2014. He doesn't seem to have the energy to work on the details to win playoff games. Watch how GSW seems to attack all the weak points in defense. Pop for some reason did not exploit matchups, even worse he left matchup problems on the court.

r0drig0lac
05-19-2016, 06:54 AM

I read something about a great interest of Nets

tbdog
05-19-2016, 07:11 AM

For those who won't listen to it. They discussed the cap situation that we all know about. And possible manu and td retirement and their options.
*If Manu and TD retire, spurs could be in trouble as they won't have enough space to fix the holes.
*Spurs won't make moves and room for Durant unless he says yes from the very start.
*Dumping Green and Mills should not be considered as they are great value, but only dump for a stud like Durant is defiantly coming.
*Spurs need a athletic center, and play maker as Parker and Leonard are the only ones that can run the pick n roll (if manu retires), and a more athletic wing player.
*Conley is not a huge upgrade over Parker considering the cost and is not a home run move.
*Parker getting traded is very unspurs like.
*Diaw unlikely to get waived but a good option to trade. And it may cost Spurs a second round pick to get.
*Spurs may have to decide between Bobon and West due to cap limitations.
*There is some buy low centers available like Mozgov, Cole Aldridge that can help.
*Horford is a real possibility. And although he won't help a defense out a tone, but makes the front court extremely good offensively. And Horford is a Spurs like player. They feel Atlanta won't give him 5 year max, as when he is 34 years old he will be paid 33 million.
*Spurs might bring over one of their stashes but they don't know much about any of them.
*Simmons and 29th won't be traded for cap space purposes as the cap hold is so small. Simmons has enough promise to pick up his option.
*Gasol would be terrible for the Spurs unless it is there just for depth, regardless if TD retires or not.
*They think LMA is not strong enough to play center but will have to eventually as they feel he would become a defensive liability later on as he is not quick or athletic.
*They mention some names Spurs could look at: Mahinmi, Myles Plumlee, Nene (although old and injury prone), trade for Splitter (although they don't trust his health), Noah. Also they think Marvin Williams would work with LMA playing center.
*They said Gerald Henderson could be a good pickup as a wing upgradeas he can play the sf while Leonard can play some small ball 4.
*Leonard is 24 years old and Spurs will make more of a splash in 2017 as there are so many good options and not this offseason.
*Pakers contract for 2017 could hinder getting a stud for that off season.

look_at_g_shred
05-19-2016, 11:23 AM
Guys I could see Sa going after:
Pau
Batum
Fournier

SAGirl
05-19-2016, 01:14 PM
For those who won't listen to it. They discussed the cap situation that we all know about. And possible manu and td retirement and their options.
*If Manu and TD retire, spurs could be in trouble as they won't have enough space to fix the holes.
*Spurs won't make moves and room for Durant unless he says yes from the very start.
*Dumping Green and Mills should not be considered as they are great value, but only dump for a stud like Durant is defiantly coming.
*Spurs need a athletic center, and play maker as Parker and Leonard are the only ones that can run the pick n roll (if manu retires), and a more athletic wing player.
*Conley is not a huge upgrade over Parker considering the cost and is not a home run move.
*Parker getting traded is very unspurs like.
*Diaw unlikely to get waived but a good option to trade. And it may cost Spurs a second round pick to get.
*Spurs may have to decide between Bobon and West due to cap limitations.
*There is some buy low centers available like Mozgov, Cole Aldridge that can help.
*Horford is a real possibility. And although he won't help a defense out a tone, but makes the front court extremely good offensively. And Horford is a Spurs like player. They feel Atlanta won't give him 5 year max, as when he is 34 years old he will be paid 33 million.
*Spurs might bring over one of their stashes but they don't know much about any of them.
*Simmons and 29th won't be traded for cap space purposes as the cap hold is so small. Simmons has enough promise to pick up his option.
*Gasol would be terrible for the Spurs unless it is there just for depth, regardless if TD retires or not.
*They think LMA is not strong enough to play center but will have to eventually as they feel he would become a defensive liability later on as he is not quick or athletic.
*They mention some names Spurs could look at: Mahinmi, Myles Plumlee, Nene (although old and injury prone), trade for Splitter (although they don't trust his health), Noah. Also they think Marvin Williams would work with LMA playing center.
*They said Gerald Henderson could be a good pickup as a wing upgradeas he can play the sf while Leonard can play some small ball 4.
*Leonard is 24 years old and Spurs will make more of a splash in 2017 as there are so many good options and not this offseason.
*Pakers contract for 2017 could hinder getting a stud for that off season.
Thanks for this. I don't have the patience for podcasts, rarely ever listen to onem. I prefer to read since it allows me to read faster, browse and skip what doesn't interest me. Podcasts take a long time, just not my medium.

Much appreciated. :tu

spursistan
05-19-2016, 01:26 PM
Thanks for this. I don't have the patience for podcasts, rarely ever listen to onem. I prefer to read since it allows me to read faster, browse and skip what doesn't interest me. Podcasts take a long time, just not my medium.

but you write bbl essays gurl ! :lol

Chinook
05-19-2016, 01:46 PM

Might be a good listen, but that's a factually incorrect chart. West's salary is $1.5ish Million. You don't get reimbursed for two-year deals. And Boban's cap hold is almost completely irrelevant. It shouldn't even on on charts.

Spurs have $13.1 Million in cap space under that scenario, with up to $5,464,000 having to be set aside if they want to keep Boban. But they'd be stupid to have West opt in when he doesn't gain anything by not opting out and re-signing after the cap space is used up. If the Spurs want to push that exact roster entering free agency, they'd have $14,082,142.00 to spend. And that would give the Spurs JUST enough room to fit Clarkson in on a max deal (which requires $13,952,722.35 even though the first year is only worth the MLE). That's by fair the easiest way for the team to improve, but it would cost Boban.

TD 21
05-19-2016, 05:20 PM
Might be a good listen, but that's a factually incorrect chart. West's salary is $1.5ish Million. You don't get reimbursed for two-year deals. And Boban's cap hold is almost completely irrelevant. It shouldn't even on on charts.

Spurs have $13.1 Million in cap space under that scenario, with up to $5,464,000 having to be set aside if they want to keep Boban. But they'd be stupid to have West opt in when he doesn't gain anything by not opting out and re-signing after the cap space is used up. If the Spurs want to push that exact roster entering free agency, they'd have $14,082,142.00 to spend. And that would give the Spurs JUST enough room to fit Clarkson in on a max deal (which requires $13,952,722.35 even though the first year is only worth the MLE). That's by fair the easiest way for the team to improve, but it would cost Boban.

I don't know why you keep bringing up Clarkson. Quality RFA's are almost never attainable. The Lakers are flush with cap space and there's no reason to think they wouldn't match a max offer sheet. In the meantime, if someone attempts this, they could (and should) string them along and tie up their cap space for three days. That's why it's not even worth it to bother.

I've also seen you continuously bring up Sullinger. This is a rare instance where a team has a lot of things up in the air, so an astronomical offer could dissuade them. But why give that to a player who isn't Spurs material and checks one box (rebounding)? He offers next to no rim protection, defensive range or floor spacing and he's not a roller.

MaNu4Tres
05-19-2016, 07:33 PM
Under the hypothetical that TD and Manu retire, I much rather use the 10-15 mil (majority of cap) to go after Plumlee and a versatile big wing like Marvin Williams or Harkless instead of pay Gasol majority of the cap space. Gasol is not great in the PnR on either end (he's a pick and pop guy like West -- which helps the D stay out on the shooters as the D wants the PnPop big to take the mid-range two. Spurs really need a diver in PnR's too free up the weak-side 3's and motion offense again. Plumlee is also underrated at defending the PnR's -- he has the mobility.

Spurs would be extremely versatile on both ends going this route IMO.

Trade Mills/Diaw for Teague.

Sign Plumlee.
Sign Marvin Williams or Harkless.

Get Jason Thompson for minimum as his value is at its lowest it can possibly be after being buried on the Warriors deep roster majority of the year.

tbdog
05-19-2016, 07:36 PM
Under the hypothetical that TD and Manu retire, I much rather use the 10-15 mil (majority of cap) to go after Plumlee and a versatile big wing like Marvin Williams or Harkless instead of pay Gasol majority of the cap space. Gasol is not great in the PnR on either end (he's a pick and pop guy like West -- which helps the D stay out on the shooters as the D wants the PnPop big to take the mid-range two. Spurs really need a diver in PnR's too free up the weak-side 3's and motion offense again. Plumlee is also underrated at defending the PnR's -- he has the mobility.

Which Plumlee? Cause the one in the Bucks didn't play. Portland guy was behind Leonard until he injured himself.

Sign Plumlee.

Get Jason Thompson for minimum as his value is at its lowest it can possibly be after being buried on the Warriors deep roster majority of the year.

CGD
05-19-2016, 07:43 PM

Try 2X or even 1.5X speed. Awesome for long commutes to work. Zach Lowe's pod is great too.

SD126
05-20-2016, 04:08 AM

Sign Plumlee.

Did you say go after Jason Thompson aka JT the brick?? Thank God you're not the GM.

MaNu4Tres
05-20-2016, 06:56 AM
Did you say go after Jason Thompson aka JT the brick?? Thank God you're not the GM.

Really wish there was a block button on ST these days. ��

Chinook
05-20-2016, 08:36 AM
I don't know why you keep bringing up Clarkson. Quality RFA's are almost never attainable. The Lakers are flush with cap space and there's no reason to think they wouldn't match a max offer sheet. In the meantime, if someone attempts this, they could (and should) string them along and tie up their cap space for three days. That's why it's not even worth it to bother.

First, because I'd be willing to give the Lakers something in order to secure a S&T. Second, because the Lakers would be inking a 6/6/22/24 deal rather than a 14x4 deal. It's not a given at all that they'll want to pay Clarkson that kind of money when they AREN'T flush with the space. Third, because the team can't go into this off-season playing it safe. They can certainly move on to plans B, C, etc. when they strike out. But they should be thinking of locking in a permanent piece or two under this lower cap as a main priority.

I've also seen you continuously bring up Sullinger. This is a rare instance where a team has a lot of things up in the air, so an astronomical offer could dissuade them. But why give that to a player who isn't Spurs material and checks one box (rebounding)? He offers next to no rim protection, defensive range or floor spacing and he's not a roller.

Eh, it wouldn't take a huge offer. They have guys like Amir and Jerebko on whom they'll have to make a decision before the moratorium and young guys like Zeller. Plus, they're in position to draft Bender. And of course, they could be a destination for Howard, Horford or Gasol. If they make the personnel sacrifices to keep him on board, that's fine. I'll take either of Johnson or Johannes any day. Again, though, you go in there swinging for the fences.

So why do I think he'd count as a home run? Because he pretty much checks ALL of the boxes. He's a great screener who can either pop or roll well enough to put pressure on the defense. He can defend the PnR, which is a much bigger need in the SL than blocking shots. He can defend in the post (as well as score there), which is needed given the remaining guys on roster. He'd benefit tremendously from having a more-defined role with the Spurs with better shots.

He seems somewhere between Tristan Thompson and Aldridge in what he tries to do on the court. Dude's just 24. He has a great chance to get significantly better. And as far as culture goes, if he can hang with Stevens' team, he should be good enough for Pop's. For the money he'll command, he should be a great value to the team. Getting any combination of Johnson/Sullinger/Gasol and Clarkson/Gordon/some other scoring guard would be go a long way to fixing this team.

Chinook
05-20-2016, 08:36 AM
Really wish there was a block button on ST these days. ��

Like an ignore feature when you wouldn't have to deal with quotes? Yeah, that would be nice.

MaNu4Tres
05-20-2016, 09:31 AM
Spurs don't need any more Pick and Pop bigs inside -- especially the dwarfs (Sullinger) or aging slugs (Gasol).

They need a sufficient diver/ roller in PnRs who can finish well and defend. That's what they need.

Pick and Pop guys generate long 2s from worst shooters while perimeter D stays at home and the Greens, Neal's, Mills can't get off.

Divers generate layups/ dunks or open 3s on weakside from best spot up shooters where the Greens, Mills, Neal's can get off.

Miles Plumlee isnt the most attractive name but his skill set is exactly what Spurs need.

palangi
05-20-2016, 10:56 AM
Spurs don't need any more Pick and Pop bigs inside -- especially the dwarfs (Sullinger) or aging slugs (Gasol).

They need a sufficient diver/ roller in PnRs who can finish well and defend. That's what they need.

Pick and Pop guys generate long 2s from worst shooters while perimeter D stays at home and the Greens, Neal's, Mills can't get off.

Divers generate layups/ dunks or open 3s on weakside from best spot up shooters where the Greens, Mills, Neal's can get off.

Miles Plumlee isnt the most attractive name but his skill set is exactly what Spurs need.
I've mentioned miles here before. And boy did I get torn apart. Too many here want HOF at every spot on a 15 man roster. Guys like miles fill a role and do it well. And he fills something we need.

Chinook
05-20-2016, 11:46 AM
Plumlee is an RFA just like Sullinger. You aren't going to get him for a song. And he's straight-sucked before, so he'd not the type of guy where you can feel comfortable giving him a deal that will make Milwaukee not match. Like if they were to work something out with Plumlee and MCW for Mills and filler, that'd be one thing. But he's not the guy you say answers your issues. He'll have to earn that with a couple of years of good play.

From what I've seen from Sullinger (just some highlight vids) he's not a PnP guy. He often rotates toward the top of the arc to receive passes, but in most of those, it wasn't even a PnF. He dove to the basket quite a bit, as a roller/slipper and as a cutter. That off-ball movement would be very helpful because it would discourage help on LMA plays, be they rolls, drives or post-ups. Jared himself is a willing if not good driver for his size, which is great for someone who shoots as much as he does. He has the tools to be a lot like how Diaw is offensive. He's not as good of a passer, but he's also not a bad one.

spursistan
05-20-2016, 11:48 AM
meanwhile..a TD sighting..

palangi
05-20-2016, 12:21 PM
Plumlee is an RFA just like Sullinger. You aren't going to get him for a song. And he's straight-sucked before, so he'd not the type of guy where you can feel comfortable giving him a deal that will make Milwaukee not match. Like if they were to work something out with Plumlee and MCW for Mills and filler, that'd be one thing. But he's not the guy you say answers your issues. He'll have to earn that with a couple of years of good play.

From what I've seen from Sullinger (just some highlight vids) he's not a PnP guy. He often rotates toward the top of the arc to receive passes, but in most of those, it wasn't even a PnF. He dove to the basket quite a bit, as a roller/slipper and as a cutter. That off-ball movement would be very helpful because it would discourage help on LMA plays, be they rolls, drives or post-ups. Jared himself is a willing if not good driver for his size, which is great for someone who shoots as much as he does. He has the tools to be a lot like how Diaw is offensive. He's not as good of a passer, but he's also not a bad one.
So Milwaukee will match miles but Boston won't match Sullinger? Sullinger is a starter and miles is behind Monroe.

I think a 7' athletic young center who plays good defense and rebounds is more of a need than an undersized play below the rim power forward. Sometimes you have to go out and read the development and expect miles to continue to develop. Much like his brother who I thought we should have gone after last year and was told he was no good by a bunch of the know-it-alls here.

MaNu4Tres
05-20-2016, 01:32 PM

I couldn't disagree more about a few things here.

Miles, in the right motion offense like Hornaceks 2 years ago, was very productive on BOTH ends and was a big reason for their success that season (13-14). Jason Kidd's offense is heavy ISO and Kidd didn't give him a lot of playing time because of Monroe's signing and Jabari Parker.

Right now, his value is as low as it can get and Bucks will more than likely not match. It's not far-fetched to assume that by the way Kidd utilized him on the bench last year.

Sullinger on the other hand checks no boxes for me, plus Celtics will likely match anything reasonable.

Spurs have a better chance to pry away Miles Plumlee than Sullinger -- any objective mind would agree with that.

spurs10
05-20-2016, 02:04 PM
I haven't read every post, but have read threads about whether Diaw should stay. I read some interesting theories by Chinook of how they could 'stretch' his contract so it wouldn't be so much money against the cap. That being said Diaw
has been formidable on our team. The inclusion of West has given us an abundance of4's. Our problems were with playing them together. It seems like both are too good to be the third string PF. So maybe that will come into play this summer.

My other question is whether Pop is going to play Boban in the first or second unit? If Tim returns he can either start or come off the bench, but we need another big to match up with OKC. Will Pop develop Boban into a viable playoff piece?

mo7888
05-20-2016, 02:06 PM
I couldn't disagree more about a few things here.

Miles, in the right motion offense like Hornaceks 2 years ago, was very productive on BOTH ends and was a big reason for their success that season (13-14). Jason Kidd's offense is heavy ISO and Kidd didn't give him a lot of playing time because of Monroe's signing and Jabari Parker.

Right now, his value is as low as it can get and Bucks will more than likely not match. It's not far-fetched to assume that by the way Kidd utilized him on the bench last year.

Sullinger on the other hand checks no boxes for me, plus Celtics will likely match anything reasonable.

Spurs have a better chance to pry away Miles Plumlee than Sullinger -- any objective mind would agree with that.

This I agree with!