PDA

View Full Version : Jason Terry suspended (old thread)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

dbreiden83080
05-18-2006, 01:16 PM
I hate this guy i did not like him in this series because after every win he was talking smack about the Mavs and how unbeatable he thinks they are when they are playing well. Last night though just topped it for me with his cheap shot punch on Finley that he knew he could get away with the refs not right on top of it. I know he is a clutch shooter but he is an asshole.

E20
05-18-2006, 01:26 PM
I can see that Terry and others on the Mavs are pretty smug and prima donnas. It's there facial expressions during the games and little actions that really piss me off and make them look like asses.

sa_butta
05-18-2006, 01:27 PM
I can see that Terry and others on the Mavs are pretty smug and prima donnas. It's there facial expressions during the games and little actions that really piss me off and make them look like asses.similar to their fans, no class.

SA210
05-18-2006, 01:28 PM
Dirk really pissed me off when he ran back looking like an ape after that 3.

RobinsontoDuncan
What's up with Terry going up to Manu in game 4 and Tony in game 5 and making a show of stripping the ball from them while they are talking to the refs? He looked like an asshole to me.

Mavtek
Don't worry you won't have to see them anymore after Friday night.

DarrinS
05-18-2006, 01:31 PM

How so? They'll see each other gain on Monday night.

Shank
05-18-2006, 01:31 PM
It's because they're not boring - is that why you hate the Mavs?

And why should Manu have any time to bitch to the refs? I loved it when JET took the ball away from The Nose.

SA210
05-18-2006, 01:32 PM
Did anyone see a Mav push Manu aside to pick up another Mav player.

I'll have to watch it again to remember who exactly it was, but Manu was picking Timmy up and I'm not sure if Manu was gonna pick up the Mav player, but another Mav came and shoved Manu away to pick him up, kinda like "leave him alone and get away" kinda way.

No class.

NoMoneyDown
05-18-2006, 01:32 PM

Are they going to be suspended for G7 for hitting a Spurs player in the nuts?

DarrinS
05-18-2006, 01:34 PM

And why should Manu have any time to bitch to the refs? I loved it when JET took the ball away from The Nose.

Who's Jet? Isn't he on TNT with Charles Barkley?

Shank
05-18-2006, 01:34 PM
Jason Eugene Terry

Shank
05-18-2006, 01:35 PM

I'll have to watch it again to remember who exactly it was, but Manu was picking Timmy up and I'm not sure if Manu was gonna pick up the Mav player, but another Mav came and shoved Manu away to pick him up, kinda like "leave him alone and get away" kinda way.

No class.

How one-sided are you people? Watch it again. The Nose was standing over the Mav. He had ample space and time to move on his own. The Mavs had every right to do what he did.

DarrinS
05-18-2006, 01:36 PM
Jason Eugene Terry

Eugene?

:lol :lmao

Stop! My ribs!

strangeweather
05-18-2006, 01:36 PM
After that last shot in Game 5, he should get a great endorsement lined up.

"Everytime I shoot a brick with the game on the line, it's an Acme Brick!"

E20
05-18-2006, 01:37 PM

Yeah, I loved it when Harris was called for the travel and stupidly walked down the court with the ball in his hand and Tim Duncan came behind him and tapped the ball out of his hand to the inbounder. Classic. :lol

Spurs in 7.

Shank

And what's his line for the overtime rainbow he shot over Timmy?

Shank
Eugene?

:lol :lmao

Stop! My ribs!

Middle name smack. That's all you have? Pretty sorry.

SA210
05-18-2006, 01:38 PM
How one-sided are you people? Watch it again. The Nose was standing over the Mav. He had ample space and time to move on his own. The Mavs had every right to do what he did.
And the showing of class continues.

E20
05-18-2006, 01:38 PM
I can't wait until what Mav fans have to say after Monday Sunday night. LMAO

RON ARTEST
05-18-2006, 01:39 PM
a piece of crap who has been kicking the spurs asses lately.

Mavs_man_41
I can see that Terry and others on the Mavs are pretty smug and prima donnas. It's there facial expressions during the games and little actions that really piss me off and make them look like asses.

If you werent a spurs fan you would notice the same thing about duncan, parker, and ginobili. Parker in my opinion is the has the least class of anyone in the league. My friend went to a mavs spurs regular season game and while everyone else was getting autographs parker just walked by and stared at him. If anyone is a total asshole it is tony parker.

RobinsontoDuncan
Now what happened to Finley, he got punched? I know he was pissed before the Jump ball, but does anyone know what happened there?

RON ARTEST
05-18-2006, 01:40 PM
I can't wait until what Mav fans have to say after Monday Sunday night. LMAO
i never heard of that day. what the hell is monday sunday?

VinnyTestesVerde

Shot in the dark here...but people may be pissed about JET grabbing more balls than the basketball out there. :rolleyes

Just a thought...

Mavs_man_41
and if you guys want to talk about class just look at the name of this thread.

stang87
It was nice to see that Terry lost his head band during the last loose ball scuffle....perhaps hed have made the final lucky shot if he had his magic headband on...what a fag.

RON ARTEST
05-18-2006, 01:42 PM
If you werent a spurs fan you would notice the same thing about duncan, parker, and ginobili. Parker in my opinion is the has the least class of anyone in the league. My friend went to a mavs spurs regular season game and while everyone else was getting autographs parker just walked by and stared at him. If anyone is a total asshole it is tony parker.
there is no need trying to say anything to these homers about thier favorite team. they dont think manu is a flopper and bowen is a dirty player. so do you think they will agree with you about parker having no class? hell no. parker made the same facial expressions terry made after the spurs went up by ten. i dont hear any spurs fans talking about that. you fucking homers are terrrible.

leemajors
05-18-2006, 01:43 PM
is there a point to this thread? i agree with artest.

J.T.
05-18-2006, 01:43 PM
Terry didn't brick that last shot in G5. He airballed it. Dirk bricked it at the buzzer FROM POINT BLANK RANGE.

SenorSpur
05-18-2006, 01:44 PM
I don't like the dude for his on-court antics and his facial gyrations after he makes shots.

When Avery reminds his team to stay humble, I can't help but think he's talking about this guy.

Dude is an abymssal defensive player, but boy can he shoot the rock.

RON ARTEST
05-18-2006, 01:45 PM
It was nice to see that Terry lost his head band during the last loose ball scuffle....perhaps hed have made the final lucky shot if he had his magic headband on...what a fag.
losse ball scuffle? he was fouled dumbass. two players jumped on top of him like it was football and they called a jumpall. why arent you complaining about the refs now? because the spurs won thats why.

Shank
05-18-2006, 01:45 PM
Terry didn't brick that last shot in G5. He airballed it. Dirk bricked it at the buzzer FROM POINT BLANK RANGE.

...do you want me to bring up what Parker did or should we just let it go and look forward to Friday night's game?

NoMoneyDown
05-18-2006, 01:48 PM

I guess Dirk just can't hit the target when it's that close, judging by his shirt in this picture ...

http://drunkathletes.synergyofsports.com/images/11270-16549/dirkncheeksnnash.jpg

Shank
05-18-2006, 01:50 PM
How is that relevant?

NINERS4LIFE
05-18-2006, 01:51 PM

I'll give you that, because Manu did sort of stand over him; but what do you have to say about the punch in the nuts? That was not cool!

RON ARTEST
05-18-2006, 01:51 PM
i agree with artest.
thank you. thats the first time anyone has ever agreed with me on this forum. :lol

George Gervin's Afro
05-18-2006, 01:53 PM
It all comes down 'acting like you have been there before'. Apparently the Mavs have never been here before based on the their petty antics.

SpursWoman
05-18-2006, 01:54 PM
I'll give you that, because Manu did sort of stand over him; but what do you have to say about the punch in the nuts? That was not cool!

Actually, Manu looked like he was just reaching down to help the Mav up ... but what do I know? I've only seen him help up opposing players at least 100 times. What an asshole. :rolleyes

leemajors
05-18-2006, 01:57 PM
...do you want me to bring up what Parker did or should we just let it go and look forward to Friday night's game?

terry 15 ps, 4 to's
parker 27 pts, 5 to's

tony played pretty well besides a few mishaps late in the game, and trying to do it all himself for a bit.

NoMoneyDown
05-18-2006, 01:58 PM
How is that relevant?

How is anything you've said since arriving here 12 days relevant?

Shank
05-18-2006, 02:00 PM
I was referring to yanking on Dirk's jersey on the final shot and looking sheepishly at the refs like he didn't do anything. But I'm not going to dwell on it nor am I going to blame the refs. It was a great game. Looking forward to Friday night.

SsKSpurs21
05-18-2006, 02:00 PM
"you sir are a piece of crap!
thats right a piece of crap!
I find you extremely ugly!
you admit a foul and unpleasent odor!
i LOATHE you!" -Newman, "the old man" episode

JamStone
05-18-2006, 02:01 PM
Terry punching Finley was out of line.

You know, even in the heat of the battle, no San Antonio Spur would ever resort to punching or kicking someone in the back or anything like that. Totally uncalled for by Terry.

Drive Like Jehu
05-18-2006, 02:07 PM
Terry punching Finley was out of line.

You know, even in the heat of the battle, no San Antonio Spur would ever resort to punching or kicking someone in the back or anything like that. Totally uncalled for by Terry.

If you can convince me that getting kicked in the back is equal to getting punched in the testicles I'll agree with you.

RON ARTEST
05-18-2006, 02:10 PM
If you can convince me that getting kicked in the back is equal to getting punched in the testicles I'll agree with you.
put down the homerade buddy.

SpursWoman
05-18-2006, 02:12 PM

Do you need a good kick in the testicles for comparison? I've got my cleats in the trunk of my car... :lol

tlongII
05-18-2006, 02:14 PM
I've heard that Jason Terry likes to go right. Is there any truth to this rumor?

smeagol
05-18-2006, 02:15 PM
That's funny coming from an idiot who addresses Manu as The Nose.

Shank
05-18-2006, 02:16 PM
That's funny coming from an idiot who addresses Manu as The Nose.

And that's funny coming from a LOTR nerd.

jn77
05-18-2006, 02:19 PM
How is that relevant?

How is saying that Tony Parker has no class relevant? Are you pissed that TP's woman is hotter than any woman in Dallas?

Winnipeg_Spur
05-18-2006, 02:25 PM

I always thought to be a brick, the shot has to hit the rim...

Shank
05-18-2006, 02:25 PM
How is saying that Tony Parker has no class relevant? Are you pissed that TP's woman is hotter than any woman in Dallas?

You've obviously never been to Dallas.

Where did I say anything about Parker and class? I could give two shits about anyone else's level of "class". You're putting words into your own mouth.

Drive Like Jehu
05-18-2006, 02:28 PM

You obviously don't have testicles.

leemajors
05-18-2006, 02:28 PM
eva is from corpus, not san antonio. i prefer her to richardson/plano bimbos, but dallas has some very attractive women.

FromWayDowntown
05-18-2006, 02:30 PM
This might be the best collection of curious posting techniques I've ever seen

People calling Terry out for lacking class by calling him a "piece of crap," is awesome. Dropping middle name smack is sweet, too. Responding to it with assailing a third party's physical characteristics is sweeter still. Then we got the "my buddy couldn't run to eBay with an autograph so that dude's an a-hole" blast. And, to top it off, there's the subtle innuendo of hypocrisy from Piston fan.

George Gervin's Afro
05-18-2006, 02:58 PM
Do you need a good kick in the testicles for comparison? I've got my cleats in the trunk of my car... :lol

I really like this girl..she's got spunk!! and she looks good looking from the GTG photos..

FromWayDowntown
05-18-2006, 02:59 PM
I really like this girl..she's got spunk!! and she looks good looking from the GTG photos..

You and User should compare notes.

Trifecta
05-18-2006, 03:01 PM

No class.

SA210 -- I most definitely saw this!!!

It occurred when Devin Harris was hit with a foul trying to (double team and)strip Duncan as TD was going into the lane from left to right on one of the bigs.

Harris fell flat on his back and as Ginobili tried to step over him, Terry pushed Gino out of the way to help up Harris!

I thought that was pretty cocky of Terry to cop this behavior!

RON ARTEST
05-18-2006, 03:04 PM
that is so sad that tim duncan and most of the spurs are so boring that all you guys talk about is eva. :lol

RON ARTEST
05-18-2006, 03:06 PM
thats not what i was even talking about. by the way i saw your picture and damn you look pretty good. :lol

KingsFanWithoutName
05-18-2006, 03:08 PM
Harris fell flat on his back and as Ginobili tried to step over him, Terry pushed Gino out of the way to help up Harris!
Take off the blinders. Manu was standing over him a tad too long. It would have pissed anyone off. Reverse the roles and you'll see what I mean.

Anyways.............good game by both teams. Looks like you guys finally got a call to go your way with Parker not being whistled at the end. Thank God. This place would have crashed with another onslaught of "the refs cheated us" threads.

DuncanInYourFace
05-18-2006, 03:16 PM
Jason Terry is a GANGSTA:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9flC3GZm2lU&search=jason%20terry

veronicamae
05-18-2006, 03:20 PM
What's up with Terry going up to Manu in game 4 and Tony in game 5 and making a show of stripping the ball from them while they are talking to the refs? He looked like an asshole to me.

I didn't seem him do that to Tony, but I saw him do it to Manu - that should have been a technical, if you ask me. He may as well shoved him at the same time, the amount force that was used. It was completely unnecessary.

I didn't really care for him throwing his headband before the final jump ball, but I guess it wasn't thrown AT anyone (except the media bench), so that's forgivable. He's a pretty good bball player and he lets it go to his head and acts like an ass.

DuncanInYourFace
05-18-2006, 03:26 PM
that is so sad that tim duncan and most of the spurs are so boring that all you guys talk about is eva. :lol

Actually mostly we talk about stuff like this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE5FCaqQp_M&search=san%20antonio%20spurs

fyatuk
05-18-2006, 03:27 PM

Where did I say anything about Parker and class? I could give two shits about anyone else's level of "class". You're putting words into your own mouth.

I used to live in Dallas. Must say that I find a much higher percentage of women in SA to be attractive than in Dallas. But beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Its all about personal preference.

Shank
Jason Terry is a GANGSTA:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9flC3GZm2lU&search=jason%20terry

You sure you want to go down that road with Parker's French-rap album coming out soon?

sprrs

No class.

In Terry's defense Manu did step directly over Harris to pick up Duncan. But that was still a classless thing to do.

kskonn
05-18-2006, 03:31 PM
SA210 -- I most definitely saw this!!!

It occurred when Devin Harris was hit with a foul trying to (double team and)strip Duncan as TD was going into the lane from left to right on one of the bigs.

I thought that was pretty cocky of Terry to cop this behavior!

I was sitting not to far from this incident and I don't think it was out of line. harris was laying on his back and manu walked up and strattled him, he did not try to step over him he just stood over him for an extended period of time. It looked like manu went in with the intention of doing what he did but I can't read thoughts so I really don't know. After he did not move for a few seconds terry shoved him , not hard just enough to say, " hey man what the fuck?" did not seem like a big deal.

the punch was uncalled for, just like Bruces kick to ray ray was uncalled for, the big question is will Finley call stu and complain so that terry gets fined and suspended?? I doubt it, he is not a pussy like ray.

Ginofan
05-18-2006, 03:36 PM
I was sitting not to far from this incident and I don't think it was out of line. harris was laying on his back and manu walked up and strattled him, he did not try to step over him he just stood over him for an extended period of time. It looked like manu went in with the intention of doing what he did but I can't read thoughts so I really don't know. After he did not move for a few seconds terry shoved him , not hard just enough to say, " hey man what the fuck?" did not seem like a big deal.

the punch was uncalled for, just like Bruces kick to ray ray was uncalled for, the big question is will Finley call stu and complain so that terry gets fined and suspended?? I doubt it, he is not a pussy like ray.

That's what I thought of the incident too. I actually grinned when Manu just stood over Harris, almost like he said "suck it bitch" :lmao. And I really could give two shits if it was classless of Manu. Believe it or not, our players aren't angels 24/7

fyatuk
05-18-2006, 03:37 PM
That's what I thought of the incident too. I actually grinned when Manu just stood over Harris, almost like he said "suck it bitch" :lmao. And I really could give two shits if it was classless of Manu. Believe it or not, our players aren't angels 24/7

I was actually glad manu got shoved there. It looked like he was staying put, which would have been begging for a taunting technical...

ObiwanGinobili
05-18-2006, 03:52 PM

Holmes_Fans
05-18-2006, 04:08 PM
You didn't see a punch, you saw Finley crying after Terry was fighting for the ball.

Hook Dem
05-18-2006, 04:18 PM
Thats right! It should read "piece of shit" :lol

E20
05-18-2006, 04:20 PM
When I went to a Warriors game Tim Duncan, Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili stayed around 15 minutes signing.

GrandeDavid
05-18-2006, 04:22 PM
Terry is also a bitch ass punk if its true that he sucker punched Finley. If that's the case, the Mavs are gonna get f-ing plowed in Game 6. Well, they will anyway, but Fin will go off on top of things!

GrandeDavid
05-18-2006, 04:32 PM

Stop calling Manu Ginobili "Nose", you immature, unintellectual waste-of-bandwidth scumbag. Anybody like yourself who makes wisecracks about another man's physical attributes, especially great, decent people like Ginobili, is the embodiment of cest pool filth at the bottom of an American Airlines Center dumpster.

STFU and prepare yourself for a monumental letdown in Game 6, not to mention Game 7. Spurs in 7. Now scram, kid.

Willinsa
05-18-2006, 04:38 PM

Hey skank transexuals don't count. :lol

Willinsa
05-18-2006, 04:39 PM
Up to 2 years ago Jason Terry was busy leading the Hawks to 25 win seasons, this jackass knows jack shit about winning.

Crookshanks
05-18-2006, 04:39 PM
Jeff Vexler said on the Ticket 760 that the League is reviewing the incident with Finley and Jason Terry. Hmmm - more drama!

JamStone
05-18-2006, 04:40 PM

I didn't say that they were equal. But, both are obviously wrong.

And, by the way, there is a current Spur who has punched someone in the testicles before.

ducks
05-18-2006, 04:43 PM
NBA league officials are reviewing an incident between San Antonio's Michael Finley and Maverick's guard Jason Terry.

In the closing minutes of Game 5, Michael Finley became very agitated and complained vigorously to game officials that Jason Terry had punched him in the lower abdomen during a scramble for a loose ball.

On broadcast game video, you can see Finley reacting to Terry's actions, but exactly what those actions were are not clearly seen. Still, Finley reacts very angrily and tells both officials and teammates that he has been punched.

Bruce Bowen can be seen stepping in to calm Finley.

TNT had at least of their own 16 broadcast cameras recording the game and the league is said to be reviewing all angles in search of conclusive evidence that a punch was thrown.

If the allegation is proven, Jason Terry could face a fine and/or automatic suspension.

gospursgojas
05-18-2006, 04:46 PM
NBA league officials are reviewing an incident between San Antonio's Michael Finley and Maverick's guard Jason Terry.

In the closing minutes of Game 5, Michael Finley became very agitated and complained vigorously to game officials that Jason Terry had punched him in the lower abdomen during a scramble for a loose ball.

On broadcast game video, you can see Finley reacting to Terry's actions, but exactly what those actions were are not clearly seen. Still, Finley reacts very angrily and tells both officials and teammates that he has been punched.

Bruce Bowen can be seen stepping in to calm Finley.

TNT had at least of their own 16 broadcast cameras recording the game and the league is said to be reviewing all angles in search of conclusive evidence that a punch was thrown.

If the allegation is proven, Jason Terry could face a fine and/or automatic suspension.

Did you write that ducks or is it from an article

ducks
05-18-2006, 04:47 PM
if this is true he might get 2 games why because evans just did this
the nba might want to send a stronger message to players

ducks
05-18-2006, 04:48 PM
link (http://www.broadbandnewsnet.com/newsmanager/anmviewer.asp?a=3172&z=1)

thank you for asking if I wrote that I did not :fro

NuGGeTs-FaN
05-18-2006, 04:58 PM

exactly

there is no such thing as classy NBA fans, just deal with it everyone :lol

im yet to see an NBA team fanbase who is all class

Shank
05-18-2006, 05:01 PM
Says me.

Spurologist
05-18-2006, 05:02 PM
wtf?

sa_butta
:ban:

50 cent
Not cool.

ducks
the nba is reviewing it

gospursgojas
05-18-2006, 05:03 PM
:rolleyes

Imature mav fans

ducks
05-18-2006, 05:04 PM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41623&page=4
article on it
and was on 760 today
not him being actually suspened YET though

Spurologist
05-18-2006, 05:04 PM
the nba is reviewing it

what are they reviewing?

NASpurs
05-18-2006, 05:05 PM
what are they reviewing?Terry punching Finley in the nuts

ducks
05-18-2006, 05:05 PM
why finley said he was punched
and if terry actually threw the punch and landed it on mike's nuts

Dre_7
05-18-2006, 05:06 PM
Why would you start this thread with this title? :idiot

CosmicCowboy
05-18-2006, 05:06 PM
Did you write that ducks or is it from an article

:lmao

you obviously don't know Ducks very well...:lol

ducks
05-18-2006, 05:07 PM
now they moved it

Shank
05-18-2006, 05:08 PM
It's already come down.

Ban me if it's not true.

Terry suspended for Friday night's game.

ducks

you obviously don't know Ducks very well...:lol

that is why I thanked him :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

gospursgojas
It's already come down.

Ban me if it's not true.

Terry suspended for Friday night's game.

LINK??????

Spurologist
Terry punching Finley in the nuts

Got it. No fucking wonder FIN was about to take his head off but Bowen held him back.

Shank
05-18-2006, 05:11 PM
LINK??????

No link yet. Came from Terry himself.

Mavs are seeking recourse through the league and are trying to appeal with their own evidence.

Kori Ellis
05-18-2006, 05:12 PM
Several radio stations have reported it was under review. I don't know if the ruling has come down yet on it, but Shank seems to think it has.

There must be a clear angle of it that they are looking at because the two angles I saw isn't conclusive enough to suspend him.

I thought he must have hit him though just because of how Finley almost flew off the handle.

goliath
A friend from Dallas sent me a text message saying the Ticket in Dallas is reporting Terry is suspended for game 6 and the Mavs are appealing

SA Gunslinger
Terry suspended. It's on ESPN.

beachbarbie948
05-18-2006, 05:13 PM
Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes

ducks
Espn Breaking News
He Is Suspened

LakerHater
He Just Got Suspended!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

picnroll

Yeah, the fadeaway jumpshooting, flailing fraulein is real exciting.

Why do they call that guy Jet anyways. He's like the 20th fastest PG in the league? Was he the fstest kid in his 6th grade class and got the nickname?

gospursgojas
Terry suspended. It's on ESPN.

ESPN tv

or ESPN.com

Melmart1
05-18-2006, 05:14 PM

Not as sorry as your "Peter Holt is an alcoholic" smack :rolleyes

Spurs Dynasty 21
05-18-2006, 05:14 PM
No link yet. Came from Terry himself.

Mavs are seeking recourse through the league and are trying to appeal with their own evidence.

first of all, you are a VERY bad liar, and LOL @ Mavs with their "own" evidence

did they have a secret camera at half court? :lol

EDIT: YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

picnroll
05-18-2006, 05:15 PM
Way to go cheap shot artist. So glad Bowen and Duncan kept Finley for kicking his ass.

texlawman
I'm sure they will suspend him. The NBA does not want the Mavericks to win so they will take the opportunity to "screw" the Mavs even if it's a close call. I still think we will win anyway.

Kori Ellis
Don't doubt Shank.

They said it on ESPN.

gospursgojas
05-18-2006, 05:16 PM
I Knew It...i Knew It!!!!!!

2centsworth
I told you guys he hit him in the nuts.

angel_luv
Anyone in San Antonio with regular cable ( I know I am not the only one! :lol)

What channel is the report on?

austinfan
Stern wants his Game 7. :)

ducks
05-18-2006, 05:17 PM
I'm sure they will suspend him. The NBA does not want the Mavericks to win so they will take the opportunity to "screw" the Mavs even if it's a close call. I still think we will win anyway.

did you watch game 3 and 4?

SA Gunslinger
05-18-2006, 05:17 PM
I wonder if AJ starts Stackhouse or goes with Adrian Griffin.

Small ball is probably out the window tomorrow night.

timvp
05-18-2006, 05:18 PM
Wo0000 Hoooooooooooowhowoooo

gospursgojas
dammit.. Im not at home. ANd the news hasnt broken on ESPN.com yet

ducks
So Can Spurs Go Big?

2centsworth
i didn't want him suspended just fined.

timvp
I love being wrong.

KingsFanWithoutName
Stern wants his Game 7. :)
So true. And then the officiating will be back in favor of the Mavs for that one cause we know he doesn't want a small market team to win. :lol

Leetonidas
05-18-2006, 05:19 PM
Good. Fuck that little bitch. I don't care if they're at full strength. Winning is winning.

BgT
ESPN.com has nothing yet. Too bad it's not 2 games.

GoSpurs21
just goes to show you how classless the mavs are...hitting Fins nads like that

grow up Terry

the only thing that sucks is the Spurs dont need Terry to be suspended...they want to beat the mavs straight up not cheating like the cuban and the mavs

snowboarder
im sure this will help

2centsworth
I wonder if AJ starts Stackhouse or goes with Adrian Griffin.

Small ball is probably out the window tomorrow night.
he's going with Marquis Daniels.

angel_luv
Just in case it didn't make the merge...

Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :elephant

picnroll
05-18-2006, 05:20 PM
Cuban working hard to work the system. Suck it up asshole. Control your players or accept the consequences.

BgT
Oh, come oooooooon!

ducks
man dallas must not really like mike finley
they get their players to punch him

I BET MAV FANS REALLY BOO FINLEY NOW!

KingsFanWithoutName
Good. Fuck that little bitch. I don't care if they're at full strength. Winning is winning.
You have to win first before you can say winning is winning, full strength or not.

Despot
You do all realize that this could make the win more difficult?

FromWayDowntown
It sucks that he's suspended at all. Rather have everyone at full strength and stuff like this is never good for the game. If he did what's alleged, the penalty is just, but it's too bad he made that decision.

Oh, Gee!!

nobody cares what you want

50 & 21
05-18-2006, 05:21 PM
Exaltation!!!

:elephant

austinfan
Sweet justice for Finley.

Kori Ellis
It kind of sucks that they won't be at full strength, but oh well, if he intentionally punched him then they have to deal with the consequences.

2centsworth
Oh, come oooooooon!
said it last night in the 1st thread, because from the one time I saw it I didn't think it was all that hard.

angel_luv
:lol

Whoosh! Thank you Jesus!
God doesn't like ugly.

:angel

Carie
I love being wrong.
:lol

Liar. You just love being wrong in this situation :p

Personally, I'd rather beat a full strength Mavs team. That was just a really stupid thing for him to do.

NuGGeTs-FaN
05-18-2006, 05:22 PM
yeh guys, remember the kings series

and if u win game 6, the mavs will even more determined in game 7 with terry back and the at&t center hasnt been tough on Dallas this series at all

i guess this was the only way for the Spurs to win game 6, with a watered down Mavs squad.......lol

Kori Ellis
05-18-2006, 05:22 PM
said it last night in the 1st thread, because from the one time I saw it I didn't think it was all that hard.

I'm guessing that they have an angle that clearly shows an intentional punch. If the Spurs showed them that, they don't really have a choice but to suspend him.

I wonder what Cuban is trying to show them to appeal.

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-18-2006, 05:23 PM
Expect big games from Tony and Nick now. And by the way, I still prefer Kenny "The Jet" Smith over Jason EUGENE Terry

Spurs Dynasty 21

Looks like the NBA is making it up to the SPurs after we got screwed in GM3/4

smeagol
Stupid Mavs player. Stupid, stupid, stupid Mavs player.

maxpower
The ticket guys are saying they are emailing back and forth with cuban and he said "it is bullshit". I would love to get a look at that email exchange. Screw cuban.

mavsfan1000
05-18-2006, 05:24 PM
Stern is a bitch. Fucking take that power shit away from him. So much for that conspiracy of Stern wanting the mavs to win. This is so unfair.

beachbarbie948

the NBA doesn't want the mavs to win?

are you kidding?

picnroll
Cuban is insisting on being allowed to exam Finley's nuts.

Carie
If the Spurs showed them that, they don't really have a choice but to suspend him.
I have no idea how this works. Does the fouled team have to be the one to show the league? Does it have to come from team officials at all or can say someone in the media show them?

~Sweetmelody~
05-18-2006, 05:25 PM
wow! What a turn of events.

Spurs Dynasty 21
It kind of sucks that they won't be at full strength, but oh well, if he intentionally punched him then they have to deal with the consequences.

??

Hey, when your trying to win 3 straight, you got to take what you can get!

Spurs in 7

picnroll
Stern is a bitch. Fucking take that power shit away from him. So much for that conspiracy of Stern wanting the mavs to win. This is so unfair.
You think a player should be allowed to coldcock someone in the nuts intentionally?

timvp
F having the Mavs at full strength. The Mavs were given two games this series. I'll take a win any way the Spurs can get it. If Dirk gets a drug suspension, I'd celebrate too.

It's too late for sportsmanship. That ish was over after Game 4. Now the Spurs need to win any way possible.

ducks
if a spur player went to a mav player and punched him would you not want him suspened?

you are lucking jet did it so late that he really did not miss any time in game 5.

Spurs Dynasty 21

:lol :lol

aaronstampler
05-18-2006, 05:26 PM
You do all realize that this could make the win more difficult?

Um no. Now they have 4 players who can score as opposed to 5. If we put Bowen on Howard and sag everyone back to take Harris' drives, we can let Dirk score 50 and still win.

Spurologist
Based on what the league has been calling this year, that is a clear suspension. It's a punch to the family tree area. It wasn't a non suspension pull ala Reggie Evans, it was a punch aimed at damaging family tree. The angle I saw wasn't good, but I saw an arm moving and FIN's reaction pretty much says it all.

Even though I'd prefer just a fine, I think a ruling for or against Terry is fine. Memo to Terry: Don't mess with the jewels. If it wasn't for Bowen, there's no telling what FIN would have done.

Despot
wow! What a turn of events.

And who said the NBA was nothing like the WWE

CosmicCowboy

uhhhh a closed fist punch in the nuts doesn't have to be Mike Tyson windup quality to be effective...:lol

Kori Ellis
I have no idea how this works. Does the fouled team have to be the one to show the league? Does it have to come from team officials at all or can say someone in the media show them?

The team can ask for the review (which supposedly the Spurs did) or the officials can ask for the league's review I guess. I don't think the media can have anything to do with it.

NASpurs
Stern is a bitch. Fucking take that power shit away from him. So much for that conspiracy of Stern wanting the mavs to win. This is so unfair.It's clear that he punched in the nuts! I guess Jason Terry is following the script if you feel like that since the NBA told him to punch Finley below the belt.

Carie
This is so unfair.
Unfair how? To the rest of the Mavs team(and fans) because Terry was an idiot? If that was your point then I agree with you. Otherwise, I don't understand what you're saying.

strangeweather

The league reviews things on their own, even when teams don't submit things. So if it makes the papers or something, odds are that Stern has his people reviewing it.

Trainwreck2100
05-18-2006, 05:27 PM
http://www.cabel.name/images-post/2006/01/roflcopter.gif

Freaking moron

Oh, Gee!!
I'm gonna go ahead and withdraw my promise not to post here forever if the spurs win this series.

2centsworth
I wonder what Cuban is trying to show them to appeal.

Benjamins?

ndnjumpman

not trying to make a huge fight or anything...but the mavs wanted to run the ball as quickly as they can so he took the ball from him and wanted to run as quick as possible...and yeah he did look like an child doin that

aaronstampler
he's going with Marquis Daniels.

He fucking sucks. Manu can go around him like a pylon.

angel_luv
yeh guys, remember the kings series

and if u win game 6, the mavs will even more determined in game 7 with terry back and the at&t center hasnt been tough on Dallas this series at all

i guess this was the only way for the Spurs to win game 6, with a watered down Mavs squad.......lol

Jason Terry was beaten last night when he let us get in his head.

sa_butta
Stern is a bitch. Fucking take that power shit away from him. So much for that conspiracy of Stern wanting the mavs to win. This is so unfair.Terry made a stupid mistake and now must pay the price. Where is the conspiricy in that?

ducks
05-18-2006, 05:28 PM
terry just might have lost being a mav after this year

so much for that big contract now terry!

Kori Ellis
Supposedly they just showed a good view of it on WOAI tv and it was clearly a closed fist punch.

Melmart1
I always want a full-strength team. Now if/when the Spurs win game 6, this place will go bonkers with Mavs trolls saying 'the fix is in' or 'wait till you beat the whole team', shit like that. I am tired of people saying the Spurs should have asterisks next to their titles.

That being said, if you have a guy who would do something like this on your team, you have to pay the consequences. I will fully admit that the whole time Stephen Jackson was here, I was rather afraid he would do something like that. Last year's brawl confirmed my fear.

Let's face it, every series is won with a little luck. I guess we are lucky that Jason Terry is a bonehead.

mavsfan1000
At least Daniels can guard Manu. Terry's defense sucked. I'll take the good with the bad but still a big blow to the mavs offense.

maxpower
How about some blame at the mensa throwing the punch.

There is a reason why dallas starting point guard is there by default. He is

a running a 25 watt bulb.

Trainwreck2100
05-18-2006, 05:29 PM
He fucking sucks. Manu can go around him like a pylon.

Quis has been less then stellar this year

angel_luv
Way to take one for the team Finley- literally !

NASpurs
Supposedly they just showed a good view of it on WOAI tv and it was clearly a closed fist punch.Yeah I just saw it and they showed it in the reverse angle. A clear punch below the belt.

CosmicCowboy

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

timvp
Cuban can try to buy the refs with all of his antics. But the Spurs nuts get in the way.

Karma.

whottt
05-18-2006, 05:30 PM
Tell you the truth...Jason Terry was not that good last night. I wouldn't mind another couple of games like that from him. Now he's going to come back rested and fired up for game 7...

FG:6-14
3FG:1-4
Assist:4
TO:4

And Parker is lighting him up.

I don't think this automatically helps the Spurs....

Spurologist
Supposedly they just showed a good view of it on WOAI tv and it was clearly a closed fist punch.

= suspension. Link?

ShoogarBear
I hate it. It may give the Mavs the short term emotional edge, I think.

I'd rather have Finley out there looking to settle a grudge . . . the smart way.

sa_butta
http://www.woai.com/spurs/story.aspx?content_id=E743A032-0BE6-4CDA-A832-5EDAD5F3A664

maxpower
cuban must be typing like mad on his blog right about now.... :lol

Kori Ellis
05-18-2006, 05:31 PM
= suspension. Link?

The league hasn't officially announced the suspension yet.

All reports are that he is suspended though.

smeagol
Unfair?

Terry is an idiot. No excuses.

aaronstampler

Whatever. Calling a foul on Bowen for doing NOTHING in game 4 was unfair. Calling a foul on Duncan when he had his feet set outside the circle for a full two seconds before Dirk barreled into him was unfair. Calling a 6th foul on Duncan for Dirk stepping on his foot was unfair. Calling a 6th foul on Manu for Terry jumping backward into him was unfair. Dirk falling out of bounds and the refs saying Barry tripped him was unfair. The two delay of game Ts were unfair.

And on and on and on.

docious
Updated: May 18, 2006, 6:24 PM ET
Mavs' Terry suspended one game without pay
ESPN.com news services

Jason Terry of the Dallas Mavericks has been suspended one game without pay for punching San Antonio's Michael Finley late in the fourth quarter of Wednesday's Game 5, the NBA announced Thursday.

The incident occurred with 3.4 seconds remaining in the Mavericks' 98-97 loss to the Spurs at AT&T Center.

Terry will serve the suspension Friday night as the Mavericks host the Spurs for Game 6 of the Western Conference semifinals, said Stu Jackson, NBA senior vice president of basketball operations.

Dallas leads the best-of-seven series 3-2.

timvp
If both teams were allowed to play, this series would be over.

Keep that in mind Spurs fans when you start to feel sorry for Dallas.

MannyIsGod
What a fucking idiot!

Despot
So, what is worse, being punched in the nuts? Or having someone try to rip them off? I forget if they suspended Kaman's assaulter.

NuGGeTs-FaN
Cuban can try to buy the refs with all of his antics. But the Spurs nuts get in the way.

Karma.

no

Cuban can try to buy the refs but in the end its the nuts of a $17mill employee of his that got in the way :lol

leemajors
cuban must be typing like mad on his blog right about now.... :lol

he can type all he wants, that is a clear violation of the rules.

MannyIsGod
05-18-2006, 05:32 PM
I feel sorry for no man who takes a cheap shot. What a dumb shit.

angel_luv

I watched. It was.

Kori Ellis
So, what is worse, being punched in the nuts? Or having someone try to rip them off? I forget if they suspended Kaman's assaulter.

Evans just got fined.

I guess because a punch is an automatic suspension.

FreshPrince22
05-18-2006, 05:33 PM
Wow.... First Artest, now this.

It's the damn playoffs. Let the fucking teams play and stop being little bitches. The refs have blown enough shit in these playoffs. Now they're gonna do this in probably the biggest game of the Mavs/Spurs seasons?

ducks
Dallas’ Jason Terry Suspended for Game 6

NEW YORK, May 18 – Jason Terry of the Dallas Mavericks has been suspended one game without pay for punching San Antonio’s Michael Finley, it was announced today by Stu Jackson, NBA Senior Vice President Basketball Operations.

The incident occurred with 3.4 seconds remaining in the fourth quarter of the Mavericks 98-97 loss to the Spurs last night at AT&T Center. Terry will serve his suspension Friday night as the Mavericks host the Spurs for Game 6 of the Western Conference Semifinals.

NASpurs

Keep that in mind Spurs fans when you start to feel sorry for Dallas.Feel sorry for Dallas? :lol

ShoogarBear

Reggie Evans wasn't suspended.

I believe Finley was quoted after the game: "I got enough of getting touched there when I played for Mark Cuban."

NuGGeTs-FaN

punched, Reggie cant handle balls so i dont think Kaman got hurt too bad

Reggie didnt get suspended, thats why they are coming down hard this time. They made a mistake letting reggie off and now they are making up for it

On one hand (no pun intended) im glad Reggie pulled (again no pun intended) that stunt coz now his value just dropped (still no pun)

strangeweather
05-18-2006, 05:34 PM
I always want a full-strength team. Now if/when the Spurs win game 6, this place will go bonkers with Mavs trolls saying 'the fix is in' or 'wait till you beat the whole team', shit like that. I am tired of people saying the Spurs should have asterisks next to their titles.

I agree -- I think we can beat them with everyone on the floor, and I want to see it happen.

But as long as Game 7 is called fair, both sides need to shut up about asterisks or the fix being in, because everyone gets one last chance, and the loser goes fishing.

smeagol
I'm gonna go ahead and withdraw my promise not to post here forever if the spurs win this series.
I predicted this in a thread in the political forum.

OG pulling a TPark.

Spurs Dynasty 21
This series should be over already(Spurs 4-1), let's cut the bullshit about wanting a full strength Mavs team. If Dirk sneezes and sprains his back and misses the series I'll jump for joy

timvp
05-18-2006, 05:35 PM
Tell you the truth...Jason Terry was not that good last night. I wouldn't mind another couple of games like that from him. Now he's going to come back rested and fired up for game 7...

FG:6-14
3FG:1-4
Assist:4
TO:4

Jason Terry is a homecourt phenom. He plays much better in Dallas. His shooting percentages are way up at home.

angel_luv

Keep that in mind Spurs fans when you start to feel sorry for Dallas.

I don't feel sorry for the Mavs at all.

Our guys never stopped fighting for the win and Terry couldn't keep his composure. End of story.

Way to shut Terry down early Spurs!

texlawman
No excuses. We've beat you this year shorthanded before and we'll do it again. We win Friday shorthanded and show Stern the finger in the process. Book it!

Spurologist
The league hasn't officially announced the suspension yet.

All reports are that he is suspended though.

yeah, I know. I meant a link to the video of the punch.

J.T.
"Dallas Mavericks G Jason Terry suspended for Game 6 for punching Spurs G Michael Finley during Game 5"

From the ticker at the bottom of the screen on ESPN.

picnroll
Big Nuts. Big Nuts.

kind of takes on a whole new meaning.

Budkin
Let's actually win Game 6 before we start talking about Game 7 details.

katyon6th
Can I watch this punch anywhere online?

sa_butta
Evans just got fined.

I guess because a punch is an automatic suspension.Right Evans used the grab and pull method.

2centsworth
05-18-2006, 05:36 PM
No excuses. We've beat you this year shorthanded before and we'll do it again. We win Friday shorthanded and show Stern the finger in the process. Book it!
I like the attitude.

whottt
I'd just like to point out...

Raja Bell getting suspended didn't excactly put the Lakers over the top...

If Dirk was suspended maybe it would be cause for a Fiesta in SA...Terry? He aint all that.

NuGGeTs-FaN
Daniels is no slouch tho and can step up ....... its a Mavs loss but not a huge loss that automatically counts them out of game 6

strangeweather
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2006/news/story?id=2450020

Edit: this is the article, not the video.

mavsfan1000
I never saw the play but damn this sucks. Watch out for Marquis Daniels though. He is capable of having a big game. Just ask Sacramento.

Kori Ellis
Let's actually win Game 6 before we start talking about Game 7 details.

Agreed.

Pop always says that he hates playing short-handed teams because they are like a wounded animal fighting to survive.

People shouldn't start to count their chickens concerning a Game 6 win.

gingko
05-18-2006, 05:37 PM
I have not seen a good video, but if he did punch him, then the suspension is justified. Just cause Evans did not get what he deserved doesn't mean Terry shouldn't be punished. I still want to see the video.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-18-2006, 05:37 PM
http://www.cabel.name/images-post/2006/01/roflcopter.gif

Freaking moron

rofl
hilarious

2centsworth
05-18-2006, 05:38 PM
Jason Terry isn't that good for the spurs to take the mavs lightly. Dirk would be a different story.

timvp
I hate it. It may give the Mavs the short term emotional edge, I think.

I'd rather have Finley out there looking to settle a grudge . . . the smart way.

I don't see how it gives the Mavs an emotional edge. If it was someone like Josh Howard or Stackhouse, then yeah. But when your starting point guard has to sit out, that's a pretty big blow.

Now Devin Harris won't be able to play as much at shooting guard ... and that's where he's been killing the Spurs. Harris has to guard Tony and Tony has to guard him.

If the Spurs lose Game 6 without Terry, they deserve to go home. This Dallas team is already playing at 100% optimal. They don't have a next level to take it to.

Kori Ellis
I have not seen a good video, but if he did punch him, then the suspension is justified. Just cause Evans did not get what he deserved doesn't mean Terry shouldn't be punished. I still want to see the video.

There's a clear video of a good angle on the news stations here. I'm sure it's on ESPN TV by now as well.

picnroll
05-18-2006, 05:39 PM
Pop talks about not liking to play teams that are short handed because of letdowns. If the Spurs are going to let down in an elimination game they deserve to go fishing.

SA Gunslinger
Evans just got fined.

I guess because a punch is an automatic suspension.

As bad as it sounds, Evans fondled but Terry punched. I guess Stu Jackson interprets fondling as less severe than a punch.

Zarko
Agreed.

Pop always says that he hates playing short-handed teams because they are like a wounded animal fighting to survive.

But the spurs are in a must win situation... so that thinking should be thrown out the window. Whatever motivational tricks this causes for the Mavs, the win or go home mentality should trump that.

tlongII
Weak suspension.

Melmart1
Yeah, I am wary of this suspension, too. Anyone remember what happened when Ron Artest was suspended? I don't care if the fans become overconfident so much. Let's just hope the SPURS don't.

NuGGeTs-FaN

The reason Evans didnt get suspended was coz he was conducting an experiment for Harvard Science. They wanted to know if bigfoots had reproductive organs

timvp
05-18-2006, 05:40 PM
Spurs of course still have to go out a pull out a tough, tough game.

But this helps.

:smokin

timvp
05-18-2006, 05:41 PM
Pop talks about not liking to play teams that are short handed because of letdowns. If the Spurs are going to let down in an elimination game they deserve to go fishing.

:tu

You can't really compare it to the Artest suspension. Compare it to if Bibby would have been suspended for a game.

Kori Ellis
People who are saying the suspension is weak should go look at the tape.

It's a closed fist punch.

A punch = automatic suspension.

The league didn't have much choice on this.

ducks
DALLAS (AP) - Mavericks guard Jason Terry will miss Game 6 against the San Antonio Spurs on Friday night after being suspended one game by the league Thursday for punching San Antonio's Michael Finley in the closing seconds of Game 5.

The punch likely occurred either when or after Terry was on the ground trying to control a loose ball. San Antonio's Manu Ginobili and Finley tied him up, forcing a jump ball with 3.4 seconds left. Terry missed a shot after that, allowing the Spurs to hold on for an 98-97 victory that kept the Mavericks from advancing to the conference finals.
Dallas still leads the series 3-2. If San Antonio wins, Game 7 would be Monday night on the Spurs' home court.

After practice Thursday, Terry was finishing shooting before speaking to reporters when he was called to the locker room by coach Avery Johnson. He didn't return. There was no immediate comment from club officials.

Spurs Dynasty 21
Agreed.

not the same situation though like vs. the Kings in GM2

Spurs are in a elimination game on the road, they won't be on any type of high that this is an autmatic win. SPurs are just as desperate and realize just how well the Kings played without Artest

angel_luv
Agreed.

I know that the Spurs going to bring their A+ game to earn this next win.

I'm just excited because justice was served. That is all. :)

mavsfan1000
The reason Evans didnt get suspended was coz he was conducting an experiment for Harvard Science. They wanted to know if bigfoots had reproductive organs

gingko
05-18-2006, 05:42 PM
Whatever. Calling a foul on Bowen for doing NOTHING in game 4 was unfair. (Hand Check w/ both hands) Calling a foul on Duncan when he had his feet set outside the circle for a full two seconds (Not even close - was not set when Dirk jumped) before Dirk barreled into him was unfair. Calling a 6th foul on Duncan for Dirk stepping on his foot was unfair (there was body contact). Calling a 6th foul on Manu for Terry jumping backward into him was unfair. Dirk falling out of bounds and the refs saying Barry tripped him was unfair. The two delay of game Ts were unfair (TD needs to stop holding on to the ball and taking it from other players).

And on and on and on.

What a myopic, rewrite of what happened.

Kori Ellis
I'm not saying that it's the same situation.

I'm saying that Spurs fans that think that a Game 6 win is in the bag should simmer down. No win is automatic in the playoffs.

tlongII
People who are saying the suspension is weak should go look at the tape.

It's a closed fist punch.

A punch = automatic suspension.

The league didn't have much choice on this.

It was weak. They were lying on the floor and Finley had assaulted him.