PDA

View Full Version : Church of Kyle Anderson

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

TheGreatYacht
11-18-2017, 05:07 PM
Kyle isn't like Patty, in that he doesn't need to score to remain somewhat effective and Spurs don't need him scoring a lot. So I don't know why you are picking on his scoring tbh... His overall game has been above average this year for the first time in his 4 year career.

His ability to defend multiple positions, his length, his rebounding, the ways he can facilitate in his limited opportunities with the ball, all make him very valuable for this team. Spurs need more players that have these versatility traits and that's why I'd value Kyle over Tony or Patty against any team. I'm praying, that when Kawhi gets back, we see some Kawhi, Green, Gay, Kyle, LA lineups.
I disagree. He'd be exposed on defense in any other system besides San Antonio or Golden States. Those two teams do a good job of incorporating team defense. Danny Green said it himself. His teammates make him look better than what he is. Kyle's extremely flawed defensively, ESPECIALLY against slashers like Simmons, but credit to Pop for minimizing it as best he can. You can throw your metrics at me but those same metrics loved Dedmon when he was here as well. DD's defensive numbers were average in Orlando, great in SA, and then back to average in Atlanta.

Kawhi nor Green can guard PG's. I'd prefer a lineup of Murray, Green, Leonard, Gay, Aldridge.

TheGreatYacht
11-18-2017, 05:10 PM
Lol his ability to defend multiple positions... Gets burned on D by multiple positions is a little more accurate.
Gets blown by like a revolving door when matched up against slashers. Thank god for the help defenders and two 7-footers in the paint tbh....

LittleCriminal
11-18-2017, 05:41 PM
Gets blown by like a revolving door when matched up against slashers. Thank god for the help defenders and two 7-footers in the paint tbh....

Lol!

cd021
11-18-2017, 06:09 PM
How are they misleading? Fact is when he's forced to take a jumper, he only has a 35.8% chance of making it. He's a black hole if you're trying to spread the floor. Those numbers don't even take account all the open 3's he passes up.

He's basically the Deandre Jordan of small forwards. You won't see him rack up points unless he's getting open layups/dunks :lol

You made it seem like he was a poor finisher at the rim and in the midrange (10-16 feet) when the opposite is true. He basically doesn't take 3's and has only taken 11 long range jumpers (9% of his shots) it is difficult to criticize his percentage when it's such a small sample size.

For all I know, a couple of those shots came late in the shot clock, when he got is rushed and heavily contested. Your trying hard to make it seem like he is an inefficient scorer when the percentages don't nessicary back that up.

FkLA
11-18-2017, 06:35 PM
Just saw the numbers and it just confirmed what I've seen with my own eyes.

He can't score to save his fucking life unless it's hand fed to him wide open under the rim. He's such a non-threat that teams often forget about him and he's left open for layups. :lol

FG% by distance:
At Rim - 66.7% (28/42)
3 to 10 feet - 38.7% (12/31)
10 to 16 feet - 44.9% (4/9)
16ft to 3pt line - 27.3% (3/11)
3pt - 33.3% (2/6)

Those 28 FGM at the rim consisted of 26 layups and 2 dunks. When forced to use that jump shot, he only makes it 35.8% of the time. Yikes. You'd expect better from someone who's been here 4 years with Chip Engelland. Even Simmons' jumper improved tremendously having been here for just two seasons....

:lol Why is it a bad thing that he can get to and finish at the rim? Yeah, he can't shoot the 3 but that's really his only major weakness. Aside from that he's a well rounded player that can guard 2-4.

bklynspursfan
11-18-2017, 06:58 PM
Lol his ability to defend multiple positions... Gets burned on D by multiple positions is a little more accurate.

I think his defense has slipped a bit, guys are getting by him easier than they have previously. But he's still got deceptively quick hands, and is able to deflect the ball from guys.

Him playing more confidently offensively has been great to see.

Chinook
11-18-2017, 07:26 PM
Kyle's man D isn't that great. He defends much better in a team context where he knows where his help is. His best attribute on by far are his hands, though. Can't pass, shoot or dribble near him.

tholdren
11-18-2017, 08:21 PM
Kyle's man D isn't that great. He defends much better in a team context where he knows where his help is. His best attribute on by far are his hands, though. Can't pass, shoot or dribble near him.

But you can offensive rebound on him 90 percent of the time, and hes shitty at fts

skulls138
11-18-2017, 08:32 PM
Numbers aren't everything. Kyle has a good feel for the game and is a good team player.Sure he gets burned by slasher but that's only one thing in which he compensates with other things like rebounding. He also can block shots.Shooting the ball is my only complaint of his but hey I'll take what I got right now.

skulls138
11-18-2017, 08:33 PM
But you can offensive rebound on him 90 percent of the time, and hes shitty at ftsHuh? Hes a great rebounder.

SAGirl
11-18-2017, 08:43 PM
Well the haters will always nitpick. Haters got to hate. He's a roleplayer, but is a good one, he helps your team win, he's young and worth retaining.

raybies
11-18-2017, 08:47 PM
Well the haters will always nitpick. Haters got to hate. He's a roleplayer, but is a good one, he helps your team win, he's young and worth retaining.
His intangibles aren't measured. The most of us can see it though. He's been balling. And the context of the numbers just aren't there. If you are looking for dirt, you can find it. Everyone has dirt...

ernest787
11-18-2017, 08:51 PM
Fathead is having his best season. That said I still think he's the 7th or 8th man off the bench when Parker and kawhi are back.

I don't think he's anything special. He's a solid roleplayer right now that passes up a ton of shots. If they don't retain him in the off-season it's likely bc they feel they can replace him fairly easily... which is probably true.

lilbthebasedgod
11-18-2017, 09:39 PM
But you can offensive rebound on him 90 percent of the time, and hes shitty at fts

For someone who plays far outside the paint on defense a lot of the time, he's got a pretty decent rebound percentage. Also FTs aren't defense.

Mouth is Bleeding
11-18-2017, 11:38 PM
He's been better but the fact that he doesn't want to and is unable to, SHOOT AT ALL from the outside, quite simply holds most lineups that he is part of back offensively/helps other team's defenses, and diminishes his value greatly.

I don't think he would be playing on a lot of teams.

FrankieS
11-19-2017, 04:49 AM
K.Anderson is a versatile (can play many positions) and intelligent player. You can't measure his impact from statistics. In the offense he is always in the right position, sees the mismatches, passes the ball to open player, sneaks from back door to the basket etc. He would have much more points, if other players would notice his sneaks. He is teams best offensive rebounder. His defence is good and he don't sleep in help defense. Sure, he hesitates with his outside shot, but nobody is perfect.

As a coach and as a team mate I would love to have his kind of player on my team.

tholdren
11-19-2017, 11:08 AM
Huh? Hes a great rebounder.

You missed last game

tholdren
11-19-2017, 11:09 AM
For someone who plays far outside the paint on defense a lot of the time, he's got a pretty decent rebound percentage. Also FTs aren't defense.

You must check box scores and not watch games... nice

vander
11-19-2017, 12:43 PM
it's pretty much 99% inevitable the Spurs re-sign this guy right? he's got the corporate knowledge and he's over himself and he's not gangsta...

dabom
11-19-2017, 12:46 PM
it's pretty much 99% inevitable the Spurs re-sign this guy right? he's got the corporate knowledge and he's over himself and he's not gangsta...

Nah.

Rocalcio
11-19-2017, 01:07 PM
Nah.

Of course they will...

cd021
11-19-2017, 01:22 PM
He's been better but the fact that he doesn't want to and is unable to, SHOOT AT ALL from the outside, quite simply holds most lineups that he is part of back offensively/helps other team's defenses, and diminishes his value greatly.

I don't think he would be playing on a lot of teams.

That is absolutely untrue, of the 10 players on the team that has played 200 minutes for the Spurs, Anderson is second behind LMA in Offensive Rtg (117) and is tied for second with LMA (and behind Gasol on the team in Net Rtg with +15.

The Great Yacht tried to claim that he was a horrid shooter but inadvertently pointed out that 40% of his shots come within 3 feet and he converts on almost 67% of those shots (above average) He also is an above average mid range shooter this season, hitting 45% on shots from 10-16 feet. Despite the fact that he's essentially stopped shooting 3's, he hasn't messed up the spacing because he is playing more and with the ball in his hand and Mills, Green, Gasol and Aldridge are above average shooters from their position.

dabom
11-19-2017, 01:23 PM
Of course they will...

100$ they don't.

dabom
11-19-2017, 01:31 PM
Even SAGirl wouldn't take me on that bet.

SAGirl
11-19-2017, 01:46 PM
Pop and team really like him. Pop mentioned his teammates love playing with him. That’s not a comment Pop makes lightly about roleplayers. I definitely think they will want him back. Hopefully the parties can come to an agreement.

FrankieS
11-19-2017, 03:51 PM
Pop and team really like him. Pop mentioned his teammates love playing with him.

Of course they love. He always looks for the open man, and he always passes to the open man. He always tries to make other players scoring easier. He just plain simply makes other players life better.

DJR210
11-19-2017, 04:19 PM
He's a good person too.

:lol

God damnit, I wish I read this yesterday tbh

r0drig0lac
11-19-2017, 04:23 PM

God damnit, I wish I read this yesterday tbh

SAGirl really does her job here lmao

LittleCriminal
11-19-2017, 07:01 PM
I guess its considered a job always defending a shit player..
Guess she's gonna be outta work when Leonard comes back..

SAGirl
11-19-2017, 07:13 PM

Mouth is Bleeding
11-19-2017, 08:56 PM
That is absolutely untrue, of the 10 players on the team that has played 200 minutes for the Spurs, Anderson is second behind LMA in Offensive Rtg (117) and is tied for second with LMA (and behind Gasol on the team in Net Rtg with +15.

The Great Yacht tried to claim that he was a horrid shooter but inadvertently pointed out that 40% of his shots come within 3 feet and he converts on almost 67% of those shots (above average) He also is an above average mid range shooter this season, hitting 45% on shots from 10-16 feet. Despite the fact that he's essentially stopped shooting 3's, he hasn't messed up the spacing because he is playing more and with the ball in his hand and Mills, Green, Gasol and Aldridge are above average shooters from their position.

Good point about the spacing. It's essential we don't have these terrible lineups with no spacing where I think Kyle is a main culprit. It's just not the way to win today's NBA and they're holding us back.

We'll see if his offensive rtg is true or rather early season messiness and variance.

I think it's also a stat where popular thinking is that it works better for teams than individual players. The adjusted plus minus stuff is better and yup he is doing reasonable/better than expected there also, but very early days with various blowout games or small sample periods not much to do with the individual overly affecting things.

tholdren
11-19-2017, 10:05 PM
Good point about the spacing. It's essential we don't have these terrible lineups with no spacing where I think Kyle is a main culprit. It's just not the way to win today's NBA and they're holding us back.

We'll see if his offensive rtg is true or rather early season messiness and variance.

I think it's also a stat where popular thinking is that it works better for teams than individual players. The adjusted plus minus stuff is better and yup he is doing reasonable/better than expected there also, but very early days with various blowout games or small sample periods not much to do with the individual overly affecting things.

Lol net rating and plus minus. Go home

DaBears
11-20-2017, 10:28 AM
a Good slow alround player from 1970's... J/K Anderson is in a good spot right now..

SAGirl
11-20-2017, 10:59 PM
Kyle with another good game haterzzzzzzz
:flag:

LittleCriminal
11-20-2017, 11:37 PM
All going to end when Leonard comes back..

tholdren
11-20-2017, 11:51 PM
Kyle with another good game haterzzzzzzz
:flag:

Hes had one good game in the last 2

Mr. Body
11-20-2017, 11:53 PM
All going to end when Leonard comes back..

Why?

Rocalcio
11-21-2017, 01:20 AM
100$ they don't.

Had a look on last night game ? Make it 1.000$

DAF86
11-21-2017, 01:31 AM

He is also slow and unathletic. Other musts to be signed by the Spurs, tbh.

cjw
11-21-2017, 01:46 AM

Where are you getting your stats from? Or is Basketball-Reference wildly off? Pau surprisingly has the highest Net Rtg (matches what you said) but Anderson’s is slightly negative along with only Mills, Manu and Joffrey. Joffrey’s numbers are just plain ugly.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/SAS/2018/on-off/

dabom
11-21-2017, 02:19 AM
Had a look on last night game ? Make it 1.000$

You don't have enough rep for 1000$. $100 is fine. Take it or leave it.

cd021
11-21-2017, 04:06 AM
Where are you getting your stats from? Or is Basketball-Reference wildly off? Pau surprisingly has the highest Net Rtg (matches what you said) but Anderson’s is slightly negative along with only Mills, Manu and Joffrey. Joffrey’s numbers are just plain ugly.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/SAS/2018/on-off/

They are from the team page under per 100 possessions. He had a plus 15 along with Aldridge, who were both behind Gasol.

Stabula
11-21-2017, 04:36 AM
Sports fandom really has a way of attracting idiots, doesn't it? Kyle Anderson has been doing everything for us. Rebounding, ball-handling, assists, defense, and he's finally starting to score. He's one of the most well-rounded players on the roster right now and it blows my mind that he still gets hate from the morons on this site.

duncan2k5
11-21-2017, 05:22 AM
Sports fandom really has a way of attracting idiots, doesn't it? Kyle Anderson has been doing everything for us. Rebounding, ball-handling, assists, defense, and he's finally starting to score. He's one of the most well-rounded players on the roster right now and it blows my mind that he still gets hate from the morons on this site.

Because he is trash... Misses easy layups... Gets blown by all the time... And only plays well in garbage time games... However, he is less trash than he was last year

Rocalcio
11-21-2017, 06:21 AM
You don't have enough rep for 1000$. $100 is fine. Take it or leave it.

I’m a lawyer in France so don’t worry about the money. Looks like you’re afraid, aren’t you ?

Rocalcio
11-21-2017, 06:23 AM

They’re just trolling and have too much pride to admit they’re wrong. Real supporters know he’s having a great season.

SAGirl
11-21-2017, 06:31 AM
Because he is trash... Misses easy layups... Gets blown by all the time... And only plays well in garbage time games... However, he is less trash than he was last year
:lmao Garbage time?
https://media1.tenor.com/images/e32da5dd7be2b8625b5771e6ea903428/tenor.gif?itemid=4728520

dabom
11-21-2017, 06:47 AM
I’m a lawyer in France so don’t worry about the money. Looks like you’re afraid, aren’t you ?

100k and we can do it.

r0drig0lac
11-21-2017, 06:57 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hc5qYIEIC4Q

Rocalcio
11-21-2017, 06:58 AM
100k and we can do it.

Yeah right, you weren't being serious because you know Kyle will be back.

dabom
11-21-2017, 07:00 AM
Yeah right, you weren't being serious because you know Kyle will be back.

Nah, he won't. My takes are all serious.

Rocalcio
11-21-2017, 07:05 AM
Nah, he won't. My takes are all serious.

Stabula
11-21-2017, 07:07 AM

Love those passes

TheGreatYacht
11-21-2017, 07:14 AM
It's the Hawks.

SAGirl
11-21-2017, 07:38 AM
It's the Hawks.
Against OKC and Paul George

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtZ-QyFDazI&t=5s
Against the Warriors and Durant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpfyQY3NBQY
Against Raptors

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iFK4KpsFxs

etc. there is more, but I know there is little point with you.

dabom
11-21-2017, 07:40 AM
Against OKC in the playoffs. Time to go home. :lol

Ice009
11-21-2017, 10:10 AM
He's doing pretty good so far. He still needs to shoot the open 3 if he's got it. I said last season that he finally started getting it in the playoffs, but he's passing up open 3s again, not as much as last regular season, though, so I guess that's an improvement. I'd just like to see him take more open shots and try and be more aggressive with his own scoring.

I like his rebounding too. That's an area I'm happy he's contributing in. If he can just start making open threes, it could really open up his game to another level.

spursistan
11-21-2017, 10:23 AM
With Gay/Pau coming and going, he has been a top 3 Spurs player this season, tbh..

Rocalcio
11-21-2017, 10:35 AM
With Gay/Pau coming and going, he has been a top 3 Spurs player this season, tbh..

He's clearly the most consistant and regular after Aldridge.

spursistan
11-21-2017, 12:10 PM

His counting stats have started to catch up with the advanced metrics..

skulls138
11-21-2017, 01:25 PM
He's doing pretty good so far. He still needs to shoot the open 3 if he's got it. I said last season that he finally started getting it in the playoffs, but he's passing up open 3s again, not as much as last regular season, though, so I guess that's an improvement. I'd just like to see him take more open shots and try and be more aggressive with his own scoring.

I like his rebounding too. That's an area I'm happy he's contributing in. If he can just start making open threes, it could really open up his game to another level.Totally. Not to beat a dead horse but if your going to be a good passer and be awarded with assists, you should reward other persons passing by taking the shot. He tries to be too perfect in measuring the incoming defender and so many times it was an open shot, especially with his length.

DaBears
11-21-2017, 01:33 PM
If you notice PoP is giving Anderson the ball in crunch time to bring it up over Patty & Manu.. That means the PATFO are entrusting him with decision making duties, good on him...

hater
11-21-2017, 01:40 PM
Vending machine head has been balling

jermaine
11-21-2017, 01:57 PM
If you notice PoP is giving Anderson the ball in crunch time to bring it up over Patty & Manu.. That means the PATFO are entrusting him with decision making duties, good on him...

I've honestly been waiting on thst since they signed him! It's the only way to tap into what he can become. It's what he's always been.

DJR210
11-21-2017, 02:48 PM
He got a couple blocked last night, but the way he can extend that arm out to lay it up so far from the basket is impressive as hell.. Gotta tighten that up, but it looks good

spurs1990
11-21-2017, 02:54 PM
Helps the franchise moving forward. Being a RFA the Spurs now will have a better understanding on whether to match his contract offers.

cd98
11-21-2017, 03:24 PM
It's sad that Kyle Anderson is the best point guard on this team.

cjw
11-21-2017, 04:29 PM
They are from the team page under per 100 possessions. He had a plus 15 along with Aldridge, who were both behind Gasol.

Weird how stats on the same site are totally different...

It's sad that Kyle Anderson is the best point guard on this team.

Scary, but yes, the best option right now assuming Green is out there to defend PGs.

Rocalcio
11-22-2017, 03:06 AM

Saw that too, maybe he can be the starting PG when Kawhi comes back, assuming Parker is too old to start now and that neither Mills nor Murray are good options.

jermaine
11-22-2017, 07:01 AM
Lol, I already run a lineup on 2k18 of
Anderson
Green
Gay
LMA
Gasoft

raybies
11-22-2017, 09:59 AM

DaBears
11-22-2017, 11:43 AM
TP will be back soon, but his confidence is already on the rise and knows he belongs..

tholdren
11-22-2017, 12:19 PM
Kyle anderson will be the key to spurs payoff run. He cant play like a scared little girl in the paint.

BD24
11-22-2017, 03:46 PM
Sagirl is one of the biggest faggots on the site, but Kyle has been solid lately.

He is never going to be a star, but he does a nice job off the bench as a role player. If he could just development a consistent 3 PT shot he could really take his game to the next level.

DJR210
11-22-2017, 04:35 PM
TP will be back soon, but his confidence is already on the rise and knows he belongs..

:tu

Hard to believe, but I'm actually looking forward to watching Kyle's game tonight

skulls138
11-22-2017, 07:41 PM
Sagirl is one of the biggest faggots on the site, but Kyle has been solid lately.

He is never going to be a star, but he does a nice job off the bench as a role player. If he could just development a consistent 3 PT shot he could really take his game to the next level.Dude! Really? Is that some kind of weird compliment I'm not hip to yet? Is "faggot" slang for superior basketball knowledge?

SAGirl
11-22-2017, 07:46 PM
Bodes well for his Spurs future.... :clap

r0drig0lac
11-22-2017, 08:04 PM

good

LakerHater
11-24-2017, 05:29 PM
Never liked the pick but now this guys growin on me!

sasaint
11-24-2017, 07:15 PM

Agreed. But figuring out lineups when BOTH Kawhi and Tony return could be difficult. Kawhi can play on- or off-ball. But Tony is really another story. A line-up with Tony, Kawhi and Kyle clearly has some ball-sharing/usage issues. Add LMA and his iso demands, and the offense becomes a real head-scratcher. One of the problems with the current offense is the lack of a reliable slasher/penetrater. Hopefully, Tony will be able to provide some of that when he returns, but that's a pretty big "if." Kyle may be a good facilitator, but he ain't no slasher/penetrator. A lineup with Tony, Danny, Kawhi, Kyle and LMA seems pretty good on paper, but that would probably mean taking the ball out of Kyle's hands and going back to standing him in the corner. He is clearly better when his usage is higher. So, I expect that Pop will get him on the floor - just not a lot with Tony and Kawhi. He seems to work best as a hybrid player alongside Patty. Patty can push the ball when that is called for, and can otherwise leave primary facilitation responsibilities to Kyle and play the undersized SG that he really is. Problem with that is I would slash Manu's minutes in that scenario, and I am not Pop.

LakerHater
11-24-2017, 07:20 PM
https://images2.imgbox.com/f0/53/ltRXy3Pb_o.jpg

FkLA
11-24-2017, 07:55 PM
Boris :cry

I miss my nigga :cry

Boris was to me what Fathead is to SAGirl :cry

LittleCriminal
11-24-2017, 08:36 PM
Really good piece on Anderson And his fate.
Pretty much sums up my take on this scrub.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.poundingtherock.com/platform/amp/2017/11/23/16629074/san-antonio-spurs-twisted-themselves-pretzel

TheGreatYacht
11-24-2017, 09:03 PM
A lot of moist panties over 8/6/3 on 30 minutes a night :lol

duncan2k5
11-24-2017, 09:51 PM
A lot of moist panties over 8/6/3 on 30 minutes a night :lol

I KNOW!!!and its not like he has been playing great...he has just been playing not trash, but he has had like one or two games where his contributions were impactful...the other good performances were either garbagetime stats, or otherwise emoty calories...

Slippy
11-24-2017, 11:37 PM

Posted a few days ago this is something pop has to consider & figure out. Glad to see pop publicly stating it because i would expected pop from the past to do opposite .

LittleCriminal
11-25-2017, 02:11 AM
Pop never said which court..
Hopefully that means Pop is open to trading Anderson too.
Spurs have no room for him when Leonard comes back..

Rocalcio
11-25-2017, 06:57 AM
https://images2.imgbox.com/f0/53/ltRXy3Pb_o.jpg

Nobody can complain about Kyle when you see those stats.

cutewizard
11-25-2017, 08:44 AM
Point Forwarddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd in the house of the Spurs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cutewizard
11-25-2017, 08:45 AM

cutewizard
11-25-2017, 08:49 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoHfhNVYEFk

daledondale
11-25-2017, 10:25 AM
This forum is the only one that overrates players like KA or J Simms, and in the other hand, so much times smashes legends like tony and manu.

sasaint
11-25-2017, 12:33 PM

Not a bad idea. I have liked Kyle from the beginning, however, I would be interested to see what he might bring in a trade. He is playing well enough now, that he might net a nice piece or pick. His stock is higher than it ever has been.

skulls138
11-25-2017, 02:04 PM
I KNOW!!!and its not like he has been playing great...he has just been playing not trash, but he has had like one or two games where his contributions were impactful...the other good performances were either garbagetime stats, or otherwise emoty calories...Better than Murray, Mr "give me credit for calling it". Question, do you want credit for being wrong? Ccccuz you were.

daslicer
11-25-2017, 02:08 PM
I have always called him a poverty version of Magic Johnson. He's become a solid role player this year.

cd021
11-25-2017, 02:18 PM
I KNOW!!!and its not like he has been playing great...he has just been playing not trash, but he has had like one or two games where his contributions were impactful...the other good performances were either garbagetime stats, or otherwise emoty calories...

I call B.S. on the whole empty calories nonsense

2nd on the team in Net Rtg behind Gasol and is 3rd in minute. 9 ppg, 6 rpg, 3 apg, 1 spg, 1 bpg in 27.5 minutes. Shooting splits: 50/38/78

He is also 4th on the team in P.E.R behind Aldridge, Gasol and Gay

His play ,so far, has put him as the third best player on this team without Kawhi and Parker this season.

cd021
11-25-2017, 02:39 PM

Thats not entirely true; Lauvergne is likely the odd man out when Kawhi comes back, with Gasol and Aldridge starting each half together and them alternating at center the rest of the game. It free's up minutes at PF for Gay and Anderson with one of them also playing behind Kawhi. Long term; with Leonard and LMA playing 32 plus minutes at SF and PF, it might be an issue assuming Gay is retained next season and Anderson is brought back on a long term deal.

LittleCriminal
11-25-2017, 03:01 PM
Thats not entirely true; Lauvergne is likely the odd man out when Kawhi comes back, with Gasol and Aldridge starting each half together and them alternating at center the rest of the game. It free's up minutes at PF for Gay and Anderson with one of them also playing behind Kawhi. Long term; with Leonard and LMA playing 32 plus minutes at SF and PF, it might be an issue assuming Gay is retained next season and Anderson is brought back on a long term deal.

Pop already stated Anderson is the odd man out.. so anything you wrote is null and void.

LittleCriminal
11-25-2017, 03:04 PM
All these chumps posting that scrubs few 10pt games highlights....lol it's cute.

Chinook
11-25-2017, 03:06 PM
Bench is set to be Mills, Ginobili, Gay, Lauvernge and Gasol or Anderson. If Pop decides to go small Joff is out for Paul or Forbes. You have to be a real idiot to not see that.

LittleCriminal
11-25-2017, 03:08 PM
Notice how heshe listed the bench lineup and ended with or Anderson...=odd man out.

Rocalcio
11-25-2017, 03:43 PM
All these chumps posting that scrubs few 10pt games highlights....lol it's cute.

If you're just paying attention to the scoring line, there isn't much we can do for you...

cd021
11-25-2017, 03:54 PM
Pop already stated Anderson is the odd man out.. so anything you wrote is null and void.

When did he say that exactly? I saw a qoute from him that said the opposite.

dabom
11-25-2017, 03:57 PM
Bench is set to be Mills, Ginobili, Gay, Lauvernge and Gasol or Anderson. If Pop decides to go small Joff is out for Paul or Forbes. You have to be a real idiot to not see that.

Bench is not set you dumb fuck. :lol

Chinook
11-25-2017, 04:03 PM
Bench is not set you dumb fuck. :lol

So keen to get that emoji posted that you can't even read.

dabom
11-25-2017, 04:05 PM
LittleCriminal looking fierce out here. :wow

dabom
11-25-2017, 04:10 PM
So keen to get that emoji posted that you can't even read.

You said bench is set, it's not. Wtf??

LittleCriminal
11-25-2017, 04:29 PM
If you're just paying attention to the scoring line, there isn't much we can do for you...

Ur wrong. I see the stats but what I don't see is why these Anderson lovers want to scissor him with those bunk stats..

Flawless
11-25-2017, 04:30 PM
Notice how heshe listed the bench lineup and ended with or Anderson...=odd man out.
Pop is going to end up playing him either way, so get over it faggot.

LittleCriminal
11-25-2017, 04:35 PM
Pop is going to end up playing him either way, so get over it faggot.

Never said pop wouldn't play him.... Just happy his role will be reduced when Leonard comes back.
As for the faggot comment..lol that's funny stuff
internet tough guy.

LittleCriminal
11-25-2017, 04:41 PM
When did he say that exactly? I saw a qoute from him that said the opposite.

If A head coach has to figure out where to put you when the real starter comes back that = odd man out.

TD 21
11-25-2017, 05:17 PM

Yeah. Playoff rotation: Gasol and Gay split minutes, while Anderson backs up both Leonard and Aldridge. Regular season rotation will be similar, only with a 10th spot regularly playing spot minutes. It'll be situational, though Lauvergne (inexplicably) is probably the closest to having an inside track, but Paul, Forbes and to a lesser extent Bertans, will all figure into the mix at various points.

Anderson was always going to be re-signed. Gay is probably 50/50 and if he is, the one who it'll have an impact on, is Bertans.

LittleCriminal
11-25-2017, 06:05 PM
^^^^^^^“I’m a Spur,” Gay said. “And I’m a Spur for life.” ^^^^^^

duncan2k5
11-25-2017, 08:11 PM
Better than Murray, Mr "give me credit for calling it". Question, do you want credit for being wrong? Ccccuz you were.

he starts...murray comes off the bench...if murray was also starting, he would be contributing MUCH more than kyle...especially if kyle had to play with the trash that is our bench

bklynspursfan
11-25-2017, 08:14 PM
he starts...murray comes off the bench...if murray was also starting, he would be contributing MUCH more than kyle...especially if kyle had to play with the trash that is our bench

Our bench hasnt been trash overall. He's surrounded by guys who can score/shoot the ball. And when he was starting, he was worse because he can't shoot. His inability to shoot the ball fits better with the 2nd unit.

duncan2k5
11-25-2017, 09:15 PM
Our bench hasnt been trash overall. He's surrounded by guys who can score/shoot the ball. And when he was starting, he was worse because he can't shoot. His inability to shoot the ball fits better with the 2nd unit.

he is shooting better than patty though...so if he is shooting better, and has been playing better than patty? where is the justification for benching him? simply because patty was here longer? makes no sense...the staring lineup has NO ONE that can take it to the hole and open it up for others, kyle definitely isnt that...kyle is much better suited as a small ball 4, or off the bench (which he will be when kawhi comes back)...so why not start murray?

SAGirl
11-25-2017, 09:38 PM
Haters still be sour. It's pitiful really. :bobo

LittleCriminal
11-25-2017, 09:41 PM
https://i.imgur.com/wbkoEyU.jpg

sasaint
11-25-2017, 09:44 PM

Kyle's confidence is soaring. He isn't worried that he will commit a mistake and get yanked. Hope Pop figures out a way to continue using him like this once Tony and Kawhi return.

SAGirl
11-25-2017, 09:47 PM
Kyle's confidence is soaring. He isn't worried that he will commit a mistake and get yanked. Hope Pop figures out a way to continue using him like this once Tony and Kawhi return.
Pop has finally empowered him, and he has rewarded coach's trust with good play. It was good to see him play well with Rudy as well. I think the Spurs best bigs are LMA, Pau, Rudy and Kyle... they will be smallish at times but that was by choice. Lauvergne doesn't deserve minutes over these 4 and for spot minutes Davis is better for his spacing and shooting capability. Kyle may still play a variety of positions like he has since he got to the Spurs but the confidence he has is here to stay and that is what makes it work. He can shoot... it's not like he doesn't have the ability, he prefers to set up other ppl all the time.. much like Boris.

cd021
11-25-2017, 10:09 PM
If A head coach has to figure out where to put you when the real starter comes back that = odd man out.

He said that he has to figure out how to keep him on the floor with the subtext being because his two best players (3 if you include Gay) plays the 3 or the 4, the two positions that Anderson has played the majority of his career minutes. Its clear that he likes Andersons game he will continue to play when Kawhi gets back, this isn't a Cojo, year four, situation.

spursistan
11-25-2017, 11:51 PM

LakerHater
11-26-2017, 12:16 AM
https://s1.gifyu.com/images/SloMo.gif

tbdog
11-26-2017, 12:40 AM
Kyle has been our consistent second best player. Gay has had his moment. Gasol had his moments. Murray started off with a bang.

Rocalcio
11-26-2017, 03:17 AM
Ur wrong. I see the stats but what I don't see is why these Anderson lovers want to scissor him with those bunk stats..

Look again then.

Fireball
11-26-2017, 04:03 AM
He did not have ten dimes this time, still the best Game from Kyle this season

SAGirl
11-26-2017, 03:02 PM
highlights from last game

BD24
11-28-2017, 12:16 AM
Was at the game tonight, Kyle looked really good. I know its against the bottom feeder Mavs, but excited to have him as a nice player off the bench. His defense has looked good, he is an above average rebounder for the 3, he seems really poised and has good decision making for the most part.

Still really wish he could develop a better 3, if he could do that he could really take his game to the next level.

BG_Spurs_Fan
11-28-2017, 04:10 AM
If he develops a 3 he might get a Crabbe-like contract. This board will explode when the Spurs match :lol

r0drig0lac
11-28-2017, 04:19 AM
another great game

cutewizard
11-28-2017, 06:51 AM
:bobo

SAGirl
11-28-2017, 04:03 PM

K...
11-28-2017, 04:08 PM
I'm hella excited to see him in the summer league. The team doesn't really have a big PG prospect, especially if Joseph stays away. Anderson will get his chance to show some play-making skills.

We're looking at:

PG: Denmon
SG: Bertans
SF: Anderson
PF: Thomas
C: Richards (or hopefully a better prospect)

I'm downloading all the SL games.

1/5 ain't bad

Chinook
11-28-2017, 04:08 PM
I like Kyle and advanced stats, but TPA is really shitty.

Chinook
11-28-2017, 04:11 PM
1/5 ain't bad

What was the one? That was likely the year Daye tore it up, but Thomas was a fine SL player in his own right. No Bertans, but I don't remember who started at PG. Richards still should have played more. He deserved to bust in the NBA at least once.

DAF86
11-28-2017, 04:44 PM
What was the one? That was likely the year Daye tore it up, but Thomas was a fine SL player in his own right. No Bertans, but I don't remember who started at PG. Richards still should have played more. He deserved to bust in the NBA at least once.

Did you put Bertans at SG?

DAF86
11-28-2017, 04:46 PM

Emmh, where's Lebron?

LittleCriminal
11-28-2017, 04:51 PM
https://media.istockphoto.com/photos/basketball-on-a-bench-picture-id79334565?k=6&m=79334565&s=612x612&w=0&h=ChUk3JWYR3PTKjrw6pHKdCWbhtbeRjvw9z98wz4H7to=

The clock is ticking then back he goes..

dabom
11-28-2017, 04:52 PM
https://media.istockphoto.com/photos/basketball-on-a-bench-picture-id79334565?k=6&m=79334565&s=612x612&w=0&h=ChUk3JWYR3PTKjrw6pHKdCWbhtbeRjvw9z98wz4H7to=

The clock is ticking then back he goes..

LittleCriminal
11-28-2017, 04:58 PM
http://www.ldoceonline.com/media/english/illustration/hourglass.jpg

K...
11-28-2017, 05:04 PM
http://www.ldoceonline.com/media/english/illustration/hourglass.jpg
This is some real petty shit...it didn't even make sense...he's gonna get between 15-25 minute a game unless bertans learns to defend

LittleCriminal
11-28-2017, 05:31 PM
This is some real petty shit...it didn't even make sense...he's gonna get between 15-25 minute a game unless bertans learns to defend

How do you not understand Andersons time playing 30 plus minutes a game is coming to an end? hence the hourglass btw.

Whats petty about it?
That I want the Spurs MVP back in the starting lineup?
That i dont get wet about a bench player getting 8pts 7rebs a game in 30 plus minutes?

Lets assume Anderson gets 15 min a game.
Will you and the other trolls post about his exciting 4pts 3reb he will be averaging in 15 min?
Answer: Nope.

I might as well put a timer on this shit thread as well..

This will all end once Leonard comes back..

dabom
11-28-2017, 05:33 PM
:wow

mic dropped*

timtonymanu
11-28-2017, 05:34 PM
Anderson has been big. Looks like a legit rotation player now.

tonight...you
11-28-2017, 05:44 PM
Which he's not even close to...

K...
11-28-2017, 05:44 PM
How do you not understand Andersons time playing 30 plus minutes a game is coming to an end? hence the hourglass btw.

Whats petty about it?
That i dont get wet about a bench player getting 8pts 7rebs a game in 30 plus minutes?

Will you and the other trolls post about his exciting 4pts 3reb he will be averaging in 15 min?

You can't stop the Kyle train. Wooot woot, and it's not like Leonard or Pau can't have injuries that restore Kyle to starting minutes.

Lmao, your celebrating a marginal player's marginal loss of minutes by castigating the player fans for celebrating marginal improvement in said marginal player

LittleCriminal
11-28-2017, 05:53 PM
[QUOTE=K...;9202131]You can't stop the Kyle train. Wooot woot, and it's not like Leonard or Pau can't have injuries that restore Kyle to starting minutes.

Lmao, your celebrating a marginal player's marginal loss of minutes by castigating the player fans for celebrating marginal improvement in said marginal player[/QUOTE

https://i.pinimg.com/474x/0d/e3/5d/0de35d6b613cb1390f2975a76c8982f2--silly-quotes-movie-quotes.jpg

tonight...you
11-28-2017, 05:54 PM
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/860/976/94a.jpg
Uh... okay.

SAGirl
11-28-2017, 07:04 PM
Emmh, where's Lebron?
He's categorized as a PF

tonight...you
11-28-2017, 07:08 PM
He's categorized as a PF
Is he really? I haven't been watching the Cavs this year yet, but he's been the starting PF? Who is their center? Where's Love? Thompson?

SAGirl
11-28-2017, 07:09 PM
The little criminal is not even marginally deserving of any attention... ----> :cry

SAGirl
11-28-2017, 07:10 PM
Is he really? I haven't been watching the Cavs this year yet, but he's been the starting PF? Who is their center? Where's Love? Thompson?
I haven't watched but a few minutes here and there of them to be fair. They play Love at Center at times and Thomson others.
I am also not championing TPA .. it's just a visually interesting graph to see how they rank guys (data pooled from bref).

tonight...you
11-28-2017, 07:13 PM
I haven't watched but a few minutes here and there of them to be fair. They play Love at Center at times and Thomson others.
I am also not championing TPA .. it's just a visually interesting graph to see how they rank guys (data pooled from bref).
I get you. Just a shock, to me, that he's listed as a PF now. Wow.

SAGirl
11-28-2017, 07:22 PM
I get you. Just a shock, to me, that he's listed as a PF now. Wow.
yea... must be the percentage he's played at that spot, since most SF of today's game play some 4 at times...
but here is bron:

Here is Bron in comparison to all players across all positions:

Here are the point guards:

tonight...you
11-28-2017, 07:26 PM
yea... must be the percentage he's played at that spot, since most SF of today's game play some 4 at times...
but here is bron:

Here is Bron in comparison to all players across all positions:

Here are the point guards:
Very interesting. Thank you.

K...
11-28-2017, 07:30 PM
LO LONZO BALL

Rocalcio
11-29-2017, 04:27 AM

Whats petty about it?

Pop said he'll find a way to make him play. He will get more minutes at the PF or even PG. So he'll have more than 15 min. Can't you just admit he's playing well and stop calling us trolls ? Cause you're the one trolling here...

SAGirl
11-29-2017, 07:13 AM
This came straight from Pop:

then this statement:

Only the ungrateful bastards trolls in this forum would rather have the team losing than seeing Kyle step up help the team and earn the coaches trust. :wakeup Only these same ignorant trolls assume that once Kawhi comes back he won't need his teammates to continue to play well and keep the confidence they have built up.
Pop will figure it out.

Maddog
11-29-2017, 07:13 AM
If he develops a 3 he might get a Crabbe-like contract. This board will explode when the Spurs match :lol

If he develops a 3 I might consider it a good contract. Well maybe not that great.
It'll be interesting what he commands in the off season. There are 29 other teams- so there is always the chance someone will do something crazy. However, I wonder if other teams will be hesitant- that he will not do well outside the Spurs...

NameLess Scrub
11-29-2017, 07:28 AM

Whats petty about it?

IF,Leonard comes back.

Anyway, Kyle finding a way to contribute in a way the team needs can only be good. Makes the team deeper and more versatile, which what we were hoping Kyle would provide.

I hope he keeps getting better.

skulls138
11-29-2017, 09:21 AM

Whats petty about it?

This will all end once Leonard comes back..Everyone wants KL back, what's your point? We're winning and KAs a big part of it. Admit it, you'd have the Spurs lose just to be right wouldn't you. Nod your head.

SAGirl
11-29-2017, 11:40 AM
First I hear from Buford about Kyle's free agency:

Popovich said Anderson's ascension is no surprise to the organization and that when Leonard returns, Anderson "should still be on the court somehow or other." It would seem likely that the Spurs would want him to remain on the roster beyond 2017-18, too.

"Free agency happens this coming July, and he'll be in a better position because of the way he's played," Buford said. "We'll be in a better position because we know the role that he can fill with the team that we have. We'll evaluate Kyle's free agency as a part of the whole team, but he's clearly put himself in a position to be respected in free agency."

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/21599634/how-spurs-found-success-kawhi-leonard

Dex
11-29-2017, 12:43 PM

Looks who's topping the defense axis.

raybies
11-29-2017, 01:07 PM
First I hear from Buford about Kyle's free agency:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/21599634/how-spurs-found-success-kawhi-leonard

That tells me they are already aware he's going to get interest from other teams and they are sending a sign to interested teams that they would like him back. What Kyle himself wants to do and who else wants him out there is going to be the determining factor in him coming back or not.
Hypothetical question, but if it came down to Rudy or Kyle, who you going with? I know Danny, Rudy, Joff, Bryn and Kyle could be FA's... I legit want Kyle back though. He's just too versatile.

TheGreatYacht
11-29-2017, 01:53 PM
TPA :lmao

pad300
11-29-2017, 01:54 PM
Hypothetical question, but if it came down to Rudy or Kyle, who you going with? I know Danny, Rudy, Joff, Bryn and Kyle could be FA's... I legit want Kyle back though. He's just too versatile.

Kyle. 1) He's as good, as a total package (less of a scorer, better in ball movement, defense, teamwork[ie not needing as many touches/shots]), 2) he's younger 3)Still has clear potential to grow - more shooting of the 3 (and note his 3FG% has gone up every year up until now...) 4) I suspect he might be cheaper, GM's still have a tendency to overpay for Points, and Gay is showing he can produce them post-injury, not to mention he showing he can be useful for a good team, as well as a poor one.

r0drig0lac
11-29-2017, 02:24 PM

easily Kyle, but why are people using TPA for anything (even on other forums)? this seems like a trend this season (as was espn PER in others)

SAGirl
11-29-2017, 03:09 PM
easily Kyle, but why are people using TPA for anything (even on other forums)? this seems like a trend this season (as was espn PER in others)
I used the charts bc they are visually easy on the eyes... ppl can make the inference they want.
To me the most revealing is seeing the comparison with everyone else using the same ranking stats.

Chinook
11-29-2017, 03:48 PM
To clarify for everyone, TPA is an aggregate impact stat in the win-shares and VORP mode rather than PER, NRtg or the WS/48. It's based in BBRef's BPM stat, but it accounts for minutes played whereas the derivative plus-minuses are controlled for that. I don't like it because a) It's lazy for some guys to take other people's hard work and just put a multiplier on it and b) BPM intentionally removes play time as a factor through much more complicated means than a divisor, so simply multiplying the minutes back in likely creates a different effect than the "creators" of the stat are reporting. I don't know how accurately the data correlates to other stats or general "eye-test" expectations, so I won't call it inaccurate. Its intention, however, is to show who's had the most impact on their team's net scoring, not who's better. I just thought that was important enough to bring up as more guys are looking at these numbers critically.

bklynspursfan
11-29-2017, 04:51 PM

Honestly too early for me to decide that personally. Gay is still pretty fresh off a long stretch with no ball. If he turns into that legit scoring threat and comes up big in the playoffs? It makes the decision a bit tougher. If he can be that reliable 3rd option to go up against some of these teams, and take some pressure off Kawhi/LMA then that would be amazing.

KA obviously brings different things to the table. Keeping both would be ideal, assuming they both play well as the season goes along. Anderson is probably slightly ahead now, but again I tend to give new guys (especially coming off an injury like that) more time/slack than others to see how well they can acclimate themselves.

Mr. Body
11-29-2017, 05:19 PM

Looks who's topping the defense axis.

Impressive, considering defense was supposed to be an unfixable problem for him.

SAGirl
11-29-2017, 05:21 PM
To clarify for everyone, TPA is an aggregate impact stat in the win-shares and VORP mode rather than PER, NRtg or the WS/48. It's based in BBRef's BPM stat, but it accounts for minutes played whereas the derivative plus-minuses are controlled for that. I don't like it because a) It's lazy for some guys to take other people's hard work and just put a multiplier on it and b) BPM intentionally removes play time as a factor through much more complicated means than a divisor, so simply multiplying the minutes back in likely creates a different effect than the "creators" of the stat are reporting. I don't know how accurately the data correlates to other stats or general "eye-test" expectations, so I won't call it inaccurate. Its intention, however, is to show who's had the most impact on their team's net scoring, not who's better. I just thought that was important enough to bring up as more guys are looking at these numbers critically.
Thank for this information Chinook.

tonight...you
11-29-2017, 05:25 PM
I've always rooted for him, knowing his potential and I'm pleased with how far he's come in the last few years. Clear upward trajectory.
Now he needs to continue to build upon it and keep up the good work. If he steps it up in the playoffs, he's looking at a great payday.

SAGirl
11-29-2017, 05:56 PM
I'd hope it's not an either or situation. Rudy is in the driver's seat of his own contract situation next season, Kyle is not.

It's still early in the season, he has to maintain his level of play when Kawhi gets back and continue to get better once he plays with the bench crew. He needs to show up in the playoffs too and put pressure on Spurs. Kyle gave that interview where he said he's become keenly aware that the NBA business aspect is brutal. He can't get complacent by a good start and has to keep putting his name out there. In a way, it's kind of a catch 22. The better he plays the more likely it is others will want to poach him, but at the same time, only by playing to his full potential can he put pressure on the Spurs to sign him back. He's not so entrenched that they can't afford to lose him frankly. Kawhi will carry this team for a long time as long as he's healthy and the team is strong at the forward spots. What helps him is that he's very versatile, can do different things, play different spots in different lineups and is a very good complimentary player to high usage scoring stars and he can contribute without being ball dominant or being a high usage player. But there are areas he can still improve upon, like spacing the floor for others, etc.

Captivus
11-29-2017, 08:35 PM
Time to build a Cathedral...

BD24
11-29-2017, 11:19 PM
Another solid game for Kyle. He has been so consistent during this stretch.

He is a big part of why our record is what it is, I think you could go as far as saying he has been our second best player with the absence of Kawhi.

SAGirl
11-30-2017, 02:53 AM
I have changed my opinions on Kyle next summer, I used to doubt he would be back, but now I think the team and him will find a way to make it work. He has too much of an unselfish Spur mentality and his style wouldn't necessarily be appreciated everywhere. He still has to go out and earn his contract through good play in the regular season and playoffs, but I tend to think Spurs value him and vice versa and they will make it work. It doesn't matter what Rudy does or not. Marriage of team and player is happening this season (I am being poetic to add some humor)

Obviously Spurs are aware that they have to respect him as a FA in the summer, laughable offers will be rebuffed (Buford acknowledge he's placed himself in a good position) but he won't be outrageously expensive. I do tend to think he will be back.

cariocaz
11-30-2017, 05:57 AM
From Bruno Passos at Pounding on the Rock:
Slow Mo’s impact on defenseWith four more steals tonight, Anderson now has 11 total over the last three games. Before the game, Pop likened the forward to “a utility infielder in baseball. He does a little bit of everything.” That includes bolstering one of the league’s best defenses, not only with his rebounding but his ability to get in passing lanes and create turnovers.

SAGirl
11-30-2017, 08:29 PM

Chinook
11-30-2017, 09:07 PM

Well call me when Kyle blossoms in the playoffs in the playoffs.

SAGirl
11-30-2017, 09:20 PM
Well call me when Kyle blossoms in the playoffs in the playoffs.
a reference to the next playoffs?
I expect Kyle to show up tbh. Have been saying so since the summer. He's going to get paid and isn't going to shrink in the moment.

Chinook
11-30-2017, 09:51 PM
a reference to the next playoffs?
I expect Kyle to show up tbh. Have been saying so since the summer. He's going to get paid and isn't going to shrink in the moment.

A reference to all the dumbasses who didn't know Kyle has already played well in the playoffs and who are clinging to that belief to ignore the reality of what we're seeing.

SAGirl
11-30-2017, 10:14 PM
A reference to all the dumbasses who didn't know Kyle has already played well in the playoffs and who are clinging to that belief to ignore the reality of what we're seeing.
oh ok.. thanks. :toast
sorry I got confused. I didn't understand if you were humorous or not

tholdren
12-01-2017, 07:03 PM

What does that mean? You play someone with no athletic ability consistently for 4 years then he can play in the most athletic, skilled league in the world? Pretty much sums up what ive been posting that you disagree with.

exstatic
12-01-2017, 08:54 PM
What does that mean? You play someone with no athletic ability consistently for 4 years then he can play in the most athletic, skilled league in the world? Pretty much sums up what ive been posting that you disagree with.
You’re such an idiot. Tim Duncan could barely jump over a phone book. What he had was very long arms, and a marvelous feel for the game. Kyle has those same attributes. He’s one of the best defenders on the team. Even with limited athleticism, he still got ELEVEN steals in 3 games.

tholdren
12-01-2017, 09:17 PM
You’re such an idiot. Tim Duncan could barely jump over a phone book. What he had was very long arms, and a marvelous feel for the game. Kyle has those same attributes. He’s one of the best defenders on the team. Even with limited athleticism, he still got ELEVEN steals in 3 games.

.... really?

Ice009
12-01-2017, 10:49 PM

At the same age Tim had elite lateral quickness and athleticism Kyle can only dream of. You're comparing his athleticism to an old Tim Duncan.

Anyway, I don't disagree with anything you said, it just irritates me when people keep saying TD was not athletic. I know you probably know he was, but a lot of new fans don't, and I don't like them believing that he never was athletic. I wish I could have seen Tim Duncan's late career Bball IQ, feel and passion for the game paired with his younger body when he was still athletic. That would be a top 2 or 3 player of all time. I still rate him top 5, but more people would have noticed if he still had that athleticism.

skulls138
12-01-2017, 10:54 PM
Hes Bird, now hes Duncan.....what happened to the Magic comparisons???

SAGirl
12-01-2017, 10:56 PM
nah.. he's the first and only Kyle Anderson ever. Didn't have a good game in this one, but what I consider a bad game, wasn't a terrible game statistically.... just unlikely for him to be drawing so much foul trouble and he wasn't on offensively. It was a blip, but not a horror.

skulls138
12-01-2017, 11:38 PM
He did get robbed on one call and it lit a fire under him, which he needed. He looked like he can look sometimes though, too much improvisation. Having said that, we won so no need to be urgent and no need for him to be good.

rastaspur
12-01-2017, 11:57 PM
At the same age Tim had elite lateral quickness and athleticism Kyle can only dream of. You're comparing his athleticism to an old Tim Duncan.

Anyway, I don't disagree with anything you said, it just irritates me when people keep saying TD was not athletic. I know you probably know he was, but a lot of new fans don't, and I don't like them believing that he never was athletic. I wish I could have seen Tim Duncan's late career Bball IQ, feel and passion for the game paired with his younger body when he was still athletic. That would be a top 2 or 3 player of all time. I still rate him top 5, but more people would have noticed if he still had that athleticism.

Well said. People need to watch his college footage and pre injury nba footage.

LittleCriminal
12-02-2017, 01:33 AM
23 min 5pts 4reb?? Lol
but but he's bird,duncan,Hakeem,magic,Jordan and rasho nesterovic all rolled into one..lol gtfoh!
This scrub shouldn't be in the same breath with legends..

The end is near.

TimDunkem
12-02-2017, 02:02 AM
23 min 5pts 4reb?? Lol
but but he's bird,duncan,Hakeem,magic,Jordan and rasho nesterovic all rolled into one..lol gtfoh!
This scrub shouldn't be in the same breath with legends..

The end is near.

Don't you dare bring Rasho into this.

LittleCriminal
12-02-2017, 04:20 AM

Lol Im sorry!

tholdren
12-02-2017, 03:21 PM

Tim wasnt athletic he was smart. He was instinctual. He had positioning not quickness.

K...
12-02-2017, 03:27 PM

i think you missed the point, the point is that kyle can at least aspire to post 2012 Duncan level of defensiveness and be a big net positive. Whether you disagree with the premise the point is that long arms and good team defense is a pretty good combo to have. Athleticism is really nothing unless you can be smart about it.

spurraider21
12-02-2017, 03:41 PM
His consistency has been remarkable

cd021
12-02-2017, 06:09 PM
Your sig is alltime great:lmao:lmao

TimDunkem
12-02-2017, 06:11 PM
Your sig is alltime great:lmao:lmao
Credit goes to TheDoctor. :lol

Ice009
12-02-2017, 09:25 PM
Tim wasnt athletic he was smart. He was instinctual. He had positioning not quickness.

Have you not watched him in his younger days at all? He did have very good/great lateral quickness for a big man and he could jump. He couldn't jump as high as say someone like Amare, but TD was a superior defender than Amare ever was due to him having great lateral quickness for a big man.

Ice009
12-02-2017, 09:30 PM
i think you missed the point, the point is that kyle can at least aspire to post 2012 Duncan level of defensiveness and be a big net positive. Whether you disagree with the premise the point is that long arms and good team defense is a pretty good combo to have. Athleticism is really nothing unless you can be smart about it.

No, I did not miss the point. I said I was sick of hearing people say Tim can't jump over a phone book. At the same age, TD was more than jumping over a phone book. I've seen Tim catch a one handed (left hand) alley-oop and finish with a big left handed dunk. I don't even recall Amare doing a play like that. It was a very athletic play and he could do that when he was younger. Again, someone like Amare could jump higher, but Tim was athletic. I'm sick of people saying he wasn't.

I understand the comparison was to an older TD, but you didn't read my point.

TheDoctor
12-02-2017, 11:37 PM
Hes Bird, now hes Duncan.....what happened to the Magic comparisons???

Huh?

TheDoctor
12-02-2017, 11:39 PM
Credit goes to TheDoctor (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=49616). :lol

SpursTalk's Public Domain :lol :rollin

skulls138
12-03-2017, 03:17 PM
Huh?
Ive seen KA compared to Bird and Duncan but wonder what happened to Magic comparisons he got when drafted? Also commenting on the ridiculousness of being compared to any of them.

SAGirl
12-03-2017, 05:06 PM

Respect for Jabari.

dabom
12-03-2017, 05:07 PM
jakuzy fucking blows. :lmao

TheDoctor
12-03-2017, 05:38 PM
Ive seen KA compared to Bird and Duncan but wonder what happened to Magic comparisons he got when drafted? Also commenting on the ridiculousness of being compared to any of them.
:lol gotcha

BD24
12-03-2017, 05:57 PM
Gonna need Kyle to step up tonight with LMA and Gay out.

SAGirl
12-03-2017, 06:32 PM

K...
12-03-2017, 06:36 PM
But dabom said he didn't do well in the playoffs??? Dabom is infallible but pop is the coach? Who to trust?

dabom
12-03-2017, 06:40 PM
But dabom said he didn't do well in the playoffs??? Dabom is infallible but pop is the coach? Who to trust?

SAGirl
12-03-2017, 06:42 PM
exactly. :lol

K...
12-03-2017, 06:51 PM
Anderson decided to return to UCLA in 2013–14, which he and his family figured would be his final season in college.[16][17] With a field goal percentage of just 41.6% during the previous season, he worked on improving his shooting from midrange and beyond during the offseason.[5] New Bruins coach Steve Alford, who replaced the fired Howland, moved Anderson back to his natural position at point guard.[14] Under Alford's new wide-open offense, he played more confidently and displayed an improved jump shot.[1

via wikipedia, did you have a point here?

dabom
12-03-2017, 06:52 PM
via wikipedia, did you have a point here?

Pop mistakes dumbass. :lmao

K...
12-03-2017, 07:29 PM
Pop mistakes dumbass. :lmao

so pop made exactly one mistake his career? cool.

dabom
12-03-2017, 07:37 PM
so pop made exactly one mistake his career? cool.

A series of mistakes dumbass. :lmao

ElNono
12-03-2017, 09:01 PM
RIP Cancerson... hope it's only a season ender...

K...
12-03-2017, 09:06 PM
How did Kyle ever get the cancer tag? He's the anti cancer! He didn't shoot enough! Your hearts not in it nono

SAGirl
12-03-2017, 09:14 PM
well the church is closed. Nothing to see here.

tholdren
12-03-2017, 09:21 PM
well the church is closed. Nothing to see here.

What is the injury

K...
12-03-2017, 09:34 PM
What is the injury

Knee sprain, we'll know more tomorrow

sasaint
12-03-2017, 10:35 PM
Kyle needs get Tony's rehab secrets and rehab regimen. Hope he is back soon.

LittleCriminal
12-03-2017, 11:09 PM
http://www.blackwestchester.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/black-churches-being-burnt-again-1435508304-5461.jpg

Atl Spur
12-03-2017, 11:32 PM

I trust pops assessment.......

LakerHater
12-04-2017, 12:21 AM
He was walkin around the locker room under his own power.

ceds
12-04-2017, 01:27 AM
Lol that sig made my day...

6 weeks in the psych ward with restricted / no internet access or phone has me all kinds of fucked up

cheers doc for keeping my delusion alive!!

-------

has anyone got their kawhi tho's yet?
I forgot to mention that Americans need to order Lx3 at the least....for SA peeps maybe Lx6 😂

SAGirl
12-04-2017, 06:34 PM
http://www.expressnews.com/sports/article/Kyle-Anderson-s-transformative-summer-12403686.php

tholdren
12-04-2017, 06:37 PM
http://www.expressnews.com/sports/article/Kyle-Anderson-s-transformative-summer-12403686.php

Did not read

SAGirl
12-04-2017, 06:38 PM
Do not care. It’s not there for you. Nor do you need to quote me to tell me that unless you are attention whorin which you are

tonight...you
12-04-2017, 07:03 PM
Darn, a paywall... that stinks.

Phenomanul
12-05-2017, 09:56 AM
get well soon Kyle...

Ice009
12-05-2017, 12:40 PM

I want to read it, but I can't. Oh well, if they don't want anyone outside of SA to be able to read it, they can shove it up their a$$es.

Thanks for at least putting up the link. I guess only locals can read it.

SAGirl
12-05-2017, 01:57 PM
I want to read it, but I can't. Oh well, if they don't want anyone outside of SA to be able to read it, they can shove it up their a$$es.

Due to copyright and such I won't post the whole thing (it's a long article too and a very entertaining read for subscribers), but it goes in depth into what he did in the summer to improve and I think you are one of those fans who are interested in the players' training regimes, etc so I will share the relevant quotes.

The article starts poetically highlighting his motivation for his workout regime this season as coming from how he ended the season playing against GSW, and the burning desire to play and produce play like that every night.

The article goes on to mention how all 3 prior summers he had worked on a regimen prescribed by the Spurs coaching staff and focused on the summer league, but this time he was free to design what he wanted to do with his own summer workouts on his own. He knew what he wanted to work on and he asked his dad (a basketball coach) and brother ( a former UConn football player and athlete trainer) for advice.

Kyle Sr. informed his son he was preparing to return. Though Kyle Sr. promised a hands-off approach when Anderson entered the Spurs’ culture, he felt this was the time to temporarily suspend that agreement.

“This summer was important because he was going into his contract year and I just had to get my hands on him a little more than I usually do,” he said. Kyle Sr. gave his son a schedule. He wanted Anderson to relocate to Los Angeles where his agent, Thaddeus Foucher of Wasserman Media Group, could assist in coordinating workouts with other clients like Russell Westbrook and Anthony Davis.

The reasoning was simple: “The new chapter in your life is you being more aggressive offensively,” his father said. “How are you going to do that if you’re not playing against peers? If you’re not playing against your peers, how will you be able to gauge if you can do it when the season comes?” But before Anderson could workout with peers, he needed an individual overhaul.

Wilkins (his bro) created a list of things he wanted Anderson to improve on.

Wilkins did not want Anderson to get too big. Anderson needed to be light enough toplay the guard and small forward positions. But Anderson needed to add muscle in case Popovich called his number to play the four.

Said Wilkins: “We don’t know what you are, but let’s put you in the best position and the best shape possible to guard two through four. Let’s find ways to lower your body mass, build confidence, get you stronger, give you stronger endurance. He said ‘OK,I’m on board.’” Anderson worked with Wilkins three to four times a week starting at 7:30 a.m. His core was the focus. Anderson did deadlifts, squats, “plyometrics stuff that was all basketbal lrelated.” Anderson worked out at Dumbbells Health & Fitness Gym in North Bergen, New Jersey. Wilkins described the club as a “meathead” gym. Nothing flashy. No fancy equipment. No distractions.

Anderson would spend 20 minutes working his upper body, chest and shoulders. The next 20 minutes were for basketball-related activities. Wilkins had Anderson flipping heavy tires, and performing power cleans with dumbbells, which simulated rebounding. There was a 15-pound medicine ball and a 50-foot monkey bar.

Anderson practiced the Mikan drill — named after NBA legend George Mikan — which helps forwards and centers obtain a rhythm for rebounding and scoring in the paint. Wilkins called that workout, “The Kyrie’s,” as Anderson would mimic layup drills using the medicine ball.

“The reason I called those Kyrie’s is because the way Kyrie (Irving) attacks the rim,”Wilkins said. “Spins it left, right. So, when you look at Kyle’s game this year, he’sfinishing around the rim a lot better because for three months to start every workout, hehad to do the Mikan drill back and forth for about six or seven times on a monkey bar.That would allow him to finish around contact.”

The deadlifts were important, too. The workouts helped Anderson’s explosion when going up to rebound.“ But also, when you see him defensively, he’s now consistently in a defensive squat,”Wilkins said. “He’s lower, he’s more comfortable. And we did a lot of jump roping, too .A rope for him is foot speed. Once we got him in that core of doing all those different activities, getting a low center of gravity, now let’s work on your foot work. Let’s cutoff different angles.”

Anderson played handball with his brother using a tennis ball. The drill enhanced Anderson’s hand speed and lateral quickness.“ Everything that we did had a meaning behind it,” Wilkins said. “It had some type of basketball-related activity so he could see it.”

The article goes on to describe a steep ass hill Wilkins would climb up and down several times himself in NJ while he was a football athlete. It works on you mentally bc it will hit you with exhaustion at one point and stings like hell. Anderson needed to run up and back at it for 6 times.

“The first time you run it three times and you think that was one of the hardest things I ever did in my life,” Wilkins said. “And then you go back a week later and have to runit six times. And you think, ‘No way I’m running this six times,’ and you do. And then the third time, you have to run it nine times.” Anderson could not complete the hill challenge the first few attempts. After five tries, Wilkins said he vomited, laid out on the ground, exhausted. “You’re running and running, and then all of a sudden the transmission blows,” he said. But Anderson needed to complete the drill for endurance. It was also a mental challenge Anderson needed to master. Run up. Walk down. Do it again. It was one of the hardest routines Anderson ever encountered until he finally completed the challenge with no side effects.

For his shooting, he stuck to one shooting motion. In the past apparently so many different coaches had given him advice on how to shoot that he wasn't consistent with staying with one shot. This summer he stuck with Chip's advice and decided to just shoot the entire summer in all his drills one way. He said it helped and he's noticed more accuracy with his shot, but doing it in games is the real challenge.

Kyle arranged on his own to participate in some workouts with Carmelo, JR Smith and other pros. Of interest, there is no mention ever made of the workout he and Dejounte were going to have with Kawhi. This article is so in depth into Kyle's summer that if they had in fact trained together it would be there.

As a speculation on my part, I tend to think given Kawhi's tendinopathy, that the workouts were cancelled.

There are some interviews where Carmelo gives his opinion on Kyle's improvement (that particular interview is here in this thread somewhere, he gave that interview after the game the Spurs won against OkC at home). Doc Rivers also talked about Kyle's improvement after the win against the Clippers and there is a snippet of that interview in the article.

The article concludes mentioning his current mental state of keeping to himself and not get too high or too low based on how he's played in a particular game.

“I don’t like to get too high on myself if I’m playing well or not,” Anderson said. “I just try to keep it going. ... I don’t want to say I’m playing well or anything. I just want tofocus on the next game.”

It's really bittersweet that I think this article was a piece that Jabari Young had been working on for some time and it was published just after Kyle got injured. The irony.

Thunder1
12-05-2017, 02:10 PM
^^Hope he is able to do another workout like this one next off season...

wildbill2u
12-05-2017, 02:27 PM
Really interesting background to the obvious improvement in some facets of the game. I love to read this kind of stuff instead of all the bickering between fanboys.

tholdren
12-05-2017, 06:14 PM
Due to copyright and such I won't post the whole thing (it's a long article too and a very entertaining read for subscribers), but it goes in depth into what he did in the summer to improve and I think you are one of those fans who are interested in the players' training regimes, etc so I will share the relevant quotes.

The article starts poetically highlighting his motivation for his workout regime this season as coming from how he ended the season playing against GSW, and the burning desire to play and produce play like that every night.

The article goes on to mention how all 3 prior summers he had worked on a regimen prescribed by the Spurs coaching staff and focused on the summer league, but this time he was free to design what he wanted to do with his own summer workouts on his own. He knew what he wanted to work on and he asked his dad (a basketball coach) and brother ( a former UConn football player and athlete trainer) for advice.

The article goes on to describe a steep ass hill Wilkins would climb up and down several times himself in NJ while he was a football athlete. It works on you mentally bc it will hit you with exhaustion at one point and stings like hell. Anderson needed to run up and back at it for 6 times.

For his shooting, he stuck to one shooting motion. In the past apparently so many different coaches had given him advice on how to shoot that he wasn't consistent with staying with one shot. This summer he stuck with Chip's advice and decided to just shoot the entire summer in all his drills one way. He said it helped and he's noticed more accuracy with his shot, but doing it in games is the real challenge.

Kyle arranged on his own to participate in some workouts with Carmelo, JR Smith and other pros. Of interest, there is no mention ever made of the workout he and Dejounte were going to have with Kawhi. This article is so in depth into Kyle's summer that if they had in fact trained together it would be there.

As a speculation on my part, I tend to think given Kawhi's tendinopathy, that the workouts were cancelled.

There are some interviews where Carmelo gives his opinion on Kyle's improvement (that particular interview is here in this thread somewhere, he gave that interview after the game the Spurs won against OkC at home). Doc Rivers also talked about Kyle's improvement after the win against the Clippers and there is a snippet of that interview in the article.

The article concludes mentioning his current mental state of keeping to himself and not get too high or too low based on how he's played in a particular game.

It's really bittersweet that I think this article was a piece that Jabari Young had been working on for some time and it was published just after Kyle got injured. The irony.

Glad he practiced the mikan drill. It prevented him from missing all those wide open layups.... NOT

dabom
12-05-2017, 10:52 PM
http://www.blackwestchester.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/black-churches-being-burnt-again-1435508304-5461.jpg

ceds
12-08-2017, 02:35 AM

Delusional or not ($$$)??

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3HEXuzrQpYg

Kyle will be fully healed & ready for action by Xmas

raybies
12-08-2017, 02:59 AM

wow great read. Jabari been doing some good work this year

LittleCriminal
12-08-2017, 05:19 AM

tholdren
12-08-2017, 09:59 PM
Glad he practiced the mikan drill. It prevented him from missing all those wide open layups.... NOT

tholdren
12-10-2017, 09:13 AM
I like kyle, hes just a wimp. Embarassing that he cries over everything

vander
12-10-2017, 10:13 AM
I like kyle, hes just a wimp. Embarassing that he cries over everything

the NBA is an entertainment product and these guys get payed millions for how well they play a game, not for how tough they act.

even the toughest gangsta NBA player is still only getting payed for how well he plays this game to entertain fans of all ages.

tholdren
12-10-2017, 10:41 AM
the NBA is an entertainment product and these guys get payed millions for how well they play a game, not for how tough they act.

even the toughest gangsta NBA player is still only getting payed for how well he plays this game to entertain fans of all ages.

Great point

JohnnyMax
12-15-2017, 04:12 PM
team sucks without him

raybies
12-15-2017, 06:58 PM
any word? SAGirl

Blake
12-15-2017, 07:10 PM

http://swimpractice.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Tim-Duncan-Receives-Medal.png

Instinctual swimming

tonight...you
12-15-2017, 07:14 PM
http://swimpractice.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Tim-Duncan-Receives-Medal.png

Instinctual swimming
Damn bro, that's some digging. Props.

Edit: also, that kid they're showing who got second? He's like half the size of Timmy...
Tim must have thought he was a shoe-in to the Olympics, with his length.
I should never thank a natural disaster, but...

SAGirl
12-15-2017, 07:15 PM
any word? SAGirl (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=49524)

Guy is injured. Let him get well, and Pop figure out how to fit him in with a fully healthy roster. I think Aldridge has missed him the most since he got a number of easy baskets each game fed by Kyle. But Aldridge and Kawhi have their own chemistry to figure out.

Team misses his rebounding, defense, passing, bbiq. He's make clutch plays often on defense in 4th Q, getting a steal or a block that stalls the other team's momentum, or recovering a 50/50 ball, something. They miss him. Whoever doesn't miss him is just trolling.. which is par for the course in this site. Most of his minutes have gone to Bryn Forbes, who has played well, but aside of his shooting, he doesn't do the other stuff Kyle is capable of.

tonight...you
12-15-2017, 07:19 PM
Guy is injured. Let him get well, and Pop figure out how to fit him in with a fully healthy roster. I think Aldridge has missed him the most since he got a number of easy baskets each game fed by Kyle. But Aldridge and Kawhi have their own chemistry to figure out.

Team misses his rebounding, defense, passing, bbiq. He's make clutch plays often on defense in 4th Q, getting a steal or a block that stalls the other team's momentum, or recovering a 50/50 ball, something. They miss him. Whoever doesn't miss him is just trolling.. which is par for the course in this site. Most of his minutes have gone to Bryn Forbes, who has played well, but aside of his shooting, he doesn't do the other stuff Kyle is capable of.
He needs to be the 1st guy off the bench when he comes back. The guy is simply productive on the court now. Both sides.
Him, Gay and Kawhi along with a 5 make for a very tall and switchable line up for most teams.