PDA

View Full Version : SCOTUS Poised to Overturn Roe v Wade per leaked opinion

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

spurraider21
05-02-2022, 07:57 PM
Supreme Court has voted to overturn abortion rights, draft opinion shows (https://www.politico.com/news/2022/05/02/supreme-court-abortion-draft-opinion-00029473)
article contains link to full opinion draft

daboom1
05-02-2022, 07:59 PM
Thank God

Thread
05-02-2022, 08:02 PM
Thank God

BOOM!!!

Thread
05-02-2022, 08:03 PM
Supreme Court has voted to overturn abortion rights, draft opinion shows (https://www.politico.com/news/2022/05/02/supreme-court-abortion-draft-opinion-00029473)

daboom1
05-02-2022, 08:05 PM
BOOM!!!

This is a big win tbh might celebrate with a 6 pack and I don't drink.

SnakeBoy
05-02-2022, 08:17 PM
Would be a great decision if true

Watching libs riot for their right to kill babies would be sweet

Thread
05-02-2022, 08:18 PM

Amen.

GAustex
05-02-2022, 08:38 PM
Cities will burn

baseline bum
05-02-2022, 08:39 PM
Cities will burn

Should burn the rural areas instead

baseline bum
05-02-2022, 08:40 PM

It was pretty clear it was going to happen when they kept upholding the bullshit Texas abortion law

daboom1
05-02-2022, 08:44 PM
Cities will burn

Babies will be born. A fair trade.

RandomGuy
05-02-2022, 08:44 PM
Classic case of minority extremists overplaying their hand, IMO.

It will hand so many elections to Democrats for years, if it pans out.

RandomGuy
05-02-2022, 08:45 PM
I want to force 12 year old rape victims to bear their own father's kids

You go with that. :rolleyes

daboom1
05-02-2022, 08:47 PM
Haven’t seen Democrats this upset since we freed the slaves.

pgardn
05-02-2022, 08:51 PM
Mexico and Canada will build facilities on the borders.
We will then have border checks making sure Americans dont leave.

Sounds good and communistic.

Meanwhile Snake and GoBoom1 will start adopting kids with neonatal diseases from rape victims... Thereby putting their $ where their beliefs exist.
Naaahhh....

spurraider21
05-02-2022, 08:53 PM
but you support the confederacy...

daboom1
05-02-2022, 08:53 PM
https://i.ibb.co/MgHzf8R/20220502-205204.jpg

NYC Mayor to fight like Hell against SCOTUS

baseline bum
05-02-2022, 08:55 PM
https://i.ibb.co/MgHzf8R/20220502-205204.jpg

NYC Mayor to fight like Hell against SCOTUS

Alito should be Eric Garner'ed by Adams' gangsters.

daboom1
05-02-2022, 08:58 PM
Alito should be Eric Garner'ed by Adams' gangsters.

This isn't Sicily BB.

ChumpDumper
05-02-2022, 08:59 PM
This isn't Sicily BB.It's becoming Saudi Arabia.

baseline bum
05-02-2022, 08:59 PM
This isn't Sicily BB.

Why would NYPD be in Sicily?

vy65
05-02-2022, 09:06 PM

I bet you can't articulate a single reason why this is the correct legal result.

baseline bum
05-02-2022, 09:09 PM
I bet you can't articulate a single reason why this is the correct legal result.

triggers da libs

Leetonidas
05-02-2022, 09:17 PM
Big government good now

Spurminator
05-02-2022, 09:17 PM
Babies will be born. A fair trade.

Women will die and many babies will still die or be born with severe defects, but let's not pretend you care about any of this. It's really about punishing the sexually active because you're jealous of them.

vy65
05-02-2022, 09:23 PM
Should have known conservatives would be ready to line up and fellate activist judges

Robz4000
05-02-2022, 09:24 PM
Women will die and many babies will still die or be born with severe defects, but let's not pretend you care about any of this. It's really about punishing the sexually active because you're jealous of them.

:lmao

daboom1
05-02-2022, 09:31 PM

The salt miner came in to flex his legalese.

Go ahead and post your opinion so I can scroll past it.

DMC
05-02-2022, 09:35 PM
You go with that. :rolleyes

What's an ape victim, is that a Freudian slip of your racist mind?

Spurminator
05-02-2022, 09:35 PM
Kinda surprised Republicans gave up the leverage on this one, TBH. The majority opposes repealing Roe v. Wade but it was never as huge a motivator as it was for the extreme right wing. Might change now.

BacktoBasics
05-02-2022, 09:36 PM
Ground work for eliminating gay marriage. Anything that whiffs of helping trans people. Birth control will be a reasonable target now. Controlling a woman’s vagina isn’t going to solve anything.

This is a stupid move by conservatives. America is at its peak when we have fiscal conservatives and liberal societal policies. The labor is already at war with the rich. The rich get richer on the backs of other peoples labors. This is particularly valuable when you empower woman into higher positions of labor because the rich can benefit from both sexes. This is literally going to pull woman out of the workforce and into activism. It’s a costly pander to an already marginal base.

All while not really saving actual lives.

DMC
05-02-2022, 09:37 PM
Ground work for eliminating gay marriage. Anything that whiffs of helping trans people. Birth control will be a reasonable target now. Controlling a woman’s vagina isn’t going to solve anything.

This is a stupid move by conservatives. America is at its peak when we have fiscal conservatives and liberal societal policies. The labor is already at war with the rich. The rich get richer on the backs of other peoples labors. This is particularly valuable when you empower woman into higher positions of labor because the rich can benefit from both sexes. This is literally going to pull woman out of the workforce and into activism. It’s a costly pander to an already marginal base.

All while not really saving actual lives.

Because babies aren't actually alive.

Spurminator
05-02-2022, 09:38 PM

It's been fun to watch you devolve into the kind of person who calls embryos and fetuses "babies" because people of a certain political persuasion made you angry on a basketball web forum.

DMC
05-02-2022, 09:39 PM
Kinda surprised Republicans gave up the leverage on this one, TBH. The majority opposes repealing Roe v. Wade but it was never as huge a motivator as it was for the extreme right wing. Might change now.

:lol I guess that's one way to spin it.

I'd hate to be the one losing RvW while in office if I was a liberal.

DMC
05-02-2022, 09:41 PM
It's been fun to watch you devolve into the kind of person who calls embryos and fetuses "babies" because people of a certain political persuasion made you angry on a basketball web forum.

You seem to be really enjoying yourself, not triggered at all. :lol

Spurminator
05-02-2022, 09:41 PM
:lol I guess that's one way to spin it.

I'd hate to be the one losing RvW while in office if I was a liberal.

Why? Because angry feminists are going to be so mad about this that they vote Republican?

GAustex
05-02-2022, 09:44 PM
the simulation is strong
there is no other answer for this

Spurminator
05-02-2022, 09:46 PM
Good day for Big Pharma though. The morning-after-pill market is about to explode. Invest accordingly.

DMC
05-02-2022, 09:46 PM
Why? Because angry feminists are going to be so mad about this that they vote Republican?

No because you cannot protect the most sacred of liberal rights while many presidents before you could.

DMC
05-02-2022, 09:48 PM
Good day for Big Pharma though. The morning-after-pill market is about to explode. Invest accordingly.

Jeremiah 1:5
“Before I formed you in the belly I knew you, and before you came forth out of the womb I sanctified you; I have appointed you a prophet to the nations.”

Spurminator
05-02-2022, 09:49 PM
You seem to be really enjoying yourself, not triggered at all. :lol

Not triggered. At least not enough to start talking like an evangelical Christian.

Spurminator
05-02-2022, 09:49 PM
No because you cannot protect the most sacred of liberal rights while many presidents before you could.

If I became president, I'd probably be smart enough to understand how the supreme Court works and how the justices are selected.

Spurminator
05-02-2022, 09:50 PM
Not triggered. At least not enough to start talking like an evangelical Christian.

Jeremiah 1:5
“Before I formed you in the belly I knew you, and before you came forth out of the womb I sanctified you; I have appointed you a prophet to the nations.”

:lmao :lmao :lmao

DMC
05-02-2022, 09:56 PM
:lmao :lmao :lmao

You posted after I did, Nostradignus.

DMC
05-02-2022, 09:57 PM
If I became president, I'd probably be smart enough to understand how the supreme Court works and how the justices are selected.

You might be, but your constituents would still blame you. You had the con.

daboom1
05-02-2022, 09:57 PM
Proverbs 6:16-19
16 There are six things the LORD hates, seven that are detestable to him: 17 haughty eyes, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood, 18 a heart that devises wicked schemes, feet that are quick to rush into evil, 19 a false witness who pours out lies and a person who stirs up conflict in the community.

ducks
05-02-2022, 09:59 PM
Big government good now

Big gov leaving it up to state
People need to take a fucking chill pill

BacktoBasics
05-02-2022, 10:01 PM

No. I don’t really take much issue with limiting abortion. But it’s clear that saving lives and doing what’s right isn’t what’s going on here. Heartbeat laws aren’t accurate at all. It’s bullshit. We’re seeing no exceptions for rape, incest and little for life saving measures. When we see absolutist stances it’s a clear indication that they’re looking to pander to something.

This isn’t about abortion. It’s a stepping stone to larger control. It won’t backfire tomorrow. It’ll backfire through a generation. Conservatives have fallen off a cliff and it’s unfortunate. We greatly benefit from fiscal conservatives in control. If they’d simply get out of peoples lives and reproduction we’d be better off. These people can’t have everything. After all being a diverse society is what this country is all about. That requires compromise and having a firm grasp on our economy is way more valuable than avoiding an aborted child who’ll end up being neglected to the point that we’re farming potential welfare cases or criminals.

That’s a hard reality that some conservatives just can’t reconcile.

This isn’t about saving a life.

ducks
05-02-2022, 10:01 PM
Who ever leaked this should be shot

They already had to put a wall around the supreme
Court

BacktoBasics
05-02-2022, 10:03 PM
16 There are six things the LORD hates, seven that are detestable to him: 17 haughty eyes, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood, 18 a heart that devises wicked schemes, feet that are quick to rush into evil, 19 a false witness who pours out lies and a person who stirs up conflict in the community.

This is a great case in point.

Go fuck your religion. The moment you refuse to acknowledge the separation then you’re the terrorists. The moment you quote scripture you acknowledge that you’re not a real American.

BacktoBasics
05-02-2022, 10:05 PM
Who ever leaked this should be shot

They already had to put a wall around the supreme
Court

ST’s most well known domestic terrorist right here.

Spurminator
05-02-2022, 10:07 PM
You posted after I did, Nostradignus.

Is this supposed to save face even though you know we posted at basically the same time? Who do you think you're fooling? More importantly why do you care so much?

Spurminator
05-02-2022, 10:08 PM
You might be, but your constituents would still blame you. You had the con.

So we're back to the post about feminists that you sidestepped.

ducks
05-02-2022, 10:09 PM
I’m thinking the leak was not a true leak, but just a scare tactic to be used for the upcoming midterm elections

daboom1
05-02-2022, 10:11 PM
This is a great case in point.

Go fuck your religion. The moment you refuse to acknowledge the separation then you’re the terrorists. The moment you quote scripture you acknowledge that you’re not a real American.

"One Nation under God"

DMC
05-02-2022, 10:11 PM
Is this supposed to save face in front of people who might not know we posted at basically the same time? Who do you think you're fooling?

No dipshit, you posted after me. You want to split hairs on human vs fetus based on the minute before vs after birth but your post 1 minute after mine is meaningless to your flaccid "gottem" attempt? :lol

DMC
05-02-2022, 10:13 PM
So we're back to the post about feminists that you sidestepped.

Losing RvW isn't a good look if you're a democrat leader. You can spin that all you like.

DMC
05-02-2022, 10:14 PM
:lol ducks copy/pasting various opinions he agrees with from some various message boards

ducks
05-02-2022, 10:15 PM
Republican Senator Josh Hawley of Missouri, a former law clerk to Roberts on the court, tweeted that the leak was an “assault” by the left that was “clearly meant to intimidate” the court.

baseline bum
05-02-2022, 10:18 PM
Republican Senator Josh Hawley of Missouri, a former law clerk to Roberts on the court, tweeted that the leak was an “assault” by the left that was “clearly meant to intimidate” the court.

LOL intimidating this fascist court

benefactor
05-02-2022, 10:20 PM
:lol ducks copy/pasting various opinions he agrees with from some various message boards
He does it with comment sections of articles too.:lol

I don't think Ive ever seen him produce a single original thought.

Spurminator
05-02-2022, 10:21 PM
Not sure I see the benefit for someone on the left to leak it. It doesn't change the decision. It doesn't make it less inevitable. All it does is distract the media from coverage of the decision itself. It turns it into a spy movie instead of a discussion of bodily autonomy.

Spurminator
05-02-2022, 10:22 PM
No dipshit, you posted after me. You want to split hairs on human vs fetus based on the minute before vs after birth but your post 1 minute after mine is meaningless to your flaccid "gottem" attempt? :lol

I'm still not sure who you're trying to convince here.

Maybe pull up another Bible verse, pastor.

BacktoBasics
"One Nation under God"

You think that resonates with anyone? You’re an assault on liberty and everything this country is truly about. You don’t really understand what America really is.

You want to worry about indoctrination. Ban some books because two penises might touch. You’re a prime example of real indoctrination.

DMC
https://agoodoutfit.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/pregnant-man-emoji-apple.png

Spurminator
05-02-2022, 10:24 PM
You want to split hairs on human fetus based on the minute before vs after birth

Wait....

Wait...

Do you not know what a fetus is?

:lmao :lmao

DMC
05-02-2022, 10:28 PM
Wait....

Wait...

Do you not know what a fetus is?

:lmao :lmao

Do you not know what "before" is? :lmao :lmao

If your entire argument is based on legality, you're going to lose. Why should I make a distinction that it's ok to kill the infant 1 minute before birth but not 1 minute after?

Spurminator
05-02-2022, 10:31 PM
Do you not know what "before" is? :lmao :lmao

If your entire argument is based on legality, you're going to lose. Why should I make a distinction that it's ok to kill the infant 1 minute before birth but not 1 minute after?

I don't know why "one minute before birth" is part of the discussion at all except that you brought it up to avoid talking about fetuses In the context of an abortion discussion.

1 minute before birth, assuming its health checks out and the mother is safe, you have a viable living baby that can survive outside the womb.

daboom1
05-02-2022, 10:33 PM
You think that resonates with anyone? You’re an assault on liberty and everything this country is truly about. You don’t really understand what America really is.

You want to worry about indoctrination. Ban some books because two penises might touch. You’re a prime example of real indoctrination.

Section 4 of the Flag Code states:

The Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag: "I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.", should be rendered by standing at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart. When not in uniform men should remove any non-religious headdress with their right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart. Persons in uniform should remain silent, face the flag, and render the military salute."

DMC
05-02-2022, 10:37 PM

The issue is that "what America really is" is different for different people/groups. This country is a compilation of different cultures and experiences and no, it's not a great melting pot where everyone strives for freedom. The Native Americans were wholesale slaughtered and the Africans and Chinese were labor raped to build "this great nation". You can sit down with that grandstanding.

Spurminator
05-02-2022, 10:38 PM
"Under God" was added to the pledge because we were at war with your favorite country.

DMC
05-02-2022, 10:38 PM
"Under God" was added to the pledge because we were at war with your favorite country.

So?

BacktoBasics
05-02-2022, 10:39 PM
Section 4 of the Flag Code states:

The Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag: "I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.", should be rendered by standing at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart. When not in uniform men should remove any non-religious headdress with their right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart. Persons in uniform should remain silent, face the flag, and render the military salute."
Basically you’ve got nothing. This copy and paste offers nothing. You clearly don’t have the ability to formulate a thought or argument. But this is exactly the copy and paste we’ve come to expect from people like you.

Your absolutist perspective is exactly why we are where we are. You people have become the cancer of society.

BacktoBasics
05-02-2022, 10:40 PM
The issue is that "what America really is" is different for different people/groups. This country is a compilation of different cultures and experiences and no, it's not a great melting pot where everyone strives for freedom. The Native Americans were wholesale slaughtered and the Africans and Chinese were labor raped to build "this great nation". You can sit down with that grandstanding.

I’m certainly not disputing that. I’m looking at things for what they are today.

Trainwreck2100
05-02-2022, 10:49 PM
I've said it before but they didn't have a choice with rbg dying they got the votes and if they didn't overturn out how do they campaign on overturning it? Their voters aren't THAT stupid

baseline bum
05-02-2022, 10:50 PM

Meh this country was founded by slavers and engaged in two genocides, this ruling is as American as mass shootings.

Spurminator
05-02-2022, 10:51 PM
I've said it before but they didn't have a choice with rbg dying they got the votes and if they didn't overturn out how do they campaign on overturning it?

Same way they did when they had those votes before.

Their voters aren't THAT stupid

Agree to disagree.

daboom1
05-02-2022, 10:51 PM
Basically you’ve got nothing. This copy and paste offers nothing. You clearly don’t have the ability to formulate a thought or argument. But this is exactly the copy and paste we’ve come to expect from people like you.

Your absolutist perspective is exactly why we are where we are. You people have become the cancer of society.

Sorry this is happening to you.

baseline bum
05-02-2022, 10:52 PM
I've said it before but they didn't have a choice with rbg dying they got the votes and if they didn't overturn out how do they campaign on overturning it? Their voters aren't THAT stupid

Sure they are. CRT became the new abortion and the GOP cleaned up in Virginia running on it.

BacktoBasics
05-02-2022, 10:57 PM
Sorry this is happening to you.

You’re not sorry. You’re ignorant and have nothing of value to contribute.

BacktoBasics
05-02-2022, 10:58 PM
Meh this country was founded by slavers and engaged in two genocides, this ruling is as American as mass shootings.

I laughed.

daboom1
05-02-2022, 10:59 PM
https://twitter.com/robbystarbuck/status/1521326079012749319?t

Isitjustme?
05-02-2022, 11:00 PM
He does it with comment sections of articles too.:lol

I don't think Ive ever seen him produce a single original thought.

ducks seems like a failed abortion that lived tbh

daboom1
05-02-2022, 11:04 PM
You’re not sorry. You’re ignorant and have nothing of value to contribute.

You can still have your babies murdered for half the price in Mexico. Canada might not let you in if you have a criminal history so be mindful of that.

vy65
05-02-2022, 11:13 PM

The salt miner came in to flex his legalese.

Go ahead and post your opinion so I can scroll past it.

So predictable, it’s boring. Why are you here? Isn’t there some special Olympics race you should be gearing up for?

BacktoBasics
05-02-2022, 11:15 PM
You can still have your babies murdered for half the price in Mexico. Canada might not let you in if you have a criminal history so be mindful of that.

I’m not arguing for the benefits of abortion. I’m arguing for compromise and against the lack of any thought when it comes to the consequences of being an absolutist fucktard who thinks this country should reflect a singular view rooted in controlling the free will of other people at the expense of the entire country to win an imaginary moral victory.

vy65
05-02-2022, 11:16 PM

Sounds like god can’t count, figured you’d be a fan

Isitjustme?
05-02-2022, 11:17 PM

How your parents doing Chris? They're both pro-abortion and watched a long Maddow rant tonight, I assume.

ElNono
05-02-2022, 11:46 PM

:lol

Sounds like another Plessy v. Ferguson moment, tbh... that took half a century to get undone.

On the other hand, this is great news for the (D) party...

ElNono
05-02-2022, 11:51 PM
https://twitter.com/robbystarbuck/status/1521326079012749319?t

Not really. Conservatives will just take a flight to a state with abortion clinics and do the procedure.

Poor folks, on the other hand, will have to use the ol' rusty hanger like you mom tried and failed to do, tbh...

daboom1
05-03-2022, 01:17 AM
https://twitter.com/SaintRPh/status/1521295388791263237?t

ElNono
05-03-2022, 01:53 AM

Been reading the draft, just a terrible take all around.

It held that the abortion right, which is not mentioned in the Constitution, is part of a right to privacy, which is also not mentioned. See 410 U.S, at 152-153. And that privacy right, Roe observed, had been found to spring from no fewer than five different constitutional provisions—the First, Fourth, Fifth, Ninth, and Fourteenth Amendments.

The right to privacy is not mentioned? What is this?

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Then he makes the whole argument about the Fourteenth Amendment only applying to liberties "deeply rooted in [our] history and tradition” and whether it is essential to our Nation's “schemeof ordered Liberty.”

However, to claim Roe doesn't fall in that category, the claim is:

Right until shortly before Roe, but abortion had long been a crime in every single State. At common law, abortion was criminal in at least some stages of pregnancy and was regarded as unlawful and could have very serious consequences at all stages. American law followed the common law until a wave of statutory restrictions in the 1800s expanded criminal liability for abortions. By the time of the adoption of the Fourteenth Amendment, three-quarters of the States had made abortion a crime at any stage of pregnancy, and the remaining States would soon follow. Roe either ignored or misstated this history, and Casey declined to reconsider Roe faulty historical analysis. It is therefore important to set the record straight.

This is a tacit admission that abortion was deeply rooted in our history and tradition. You wouldn't criminalize something if it didn't happen or exist. He just simply moved the goalposts from "deeply rooted in [our] history and tradition” to "was illegal".

Then come the rest of the typical conservative mental gymnastics, with gems like:

That the common law did not condone even pre-quickening abortions is confirmed by what one might call a proto-felony-murder rule. Hale and Blackstone explained a way in which a pre-quickening abortion could rise to the level of a homicide. Hale wrote that if a physician gave a woman “with child” a “potion” to cause an abortion, and the woman died, it was “murder” because the potion was given “unlawfully to destroy her child within her.”

The irony of this opinion saying "Roe was egregiously wrong from the start" :lmao:lmao:lmao

RandomGuy
05-03-2022, 02:56 AM

says the people who trot out the confederate flags at rallies. :rollin :lmao

RandomGuy
05-03-2022, 02:58 AM
What Actually Happens When a Country Bans Abortion
Romania under Ceausescu created a dystopian horror of overcrowded, filthy orphanages, and thousands died from back-alley abortions.

https://foreignpolicy.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/gettyimages-3403577.jpg?resize=1000,661&quality=90

As lawmakers in Alabama this week passed a bill that would outlaw abortion in the U.S. state entirely, protesters outside the statehouse wore blood-red robes, a nod to Margaret Atwood’s dystopian novel The Handmaid’s Tale, in which childbearing is entirely controlled by the state. Hours later, the book was trending on Twitter.

But opponents of the restrictive abortion laws currently being considered in the United States don’t need to look to fiction for admonitory examples of where these types of laws can lead. For decades, communist Romania was a real-life test case of what can happen when a country outlaws abortion entirely, and the results were devastating.

In 1966, the leader of Romania, Nicolae Ceausescu, outlawed access to abortion and contraception in a bid to boost the country’s population. In the short term, it worked, and the year after it was enacted the average number of children born to Romanian women jumped from 1.9 to 3.7. But birthrates quickly fell again as women found ways around the ban. Wealthy, urban women were sometimes able to bribe doctors to perform abortions, or they had contraceptive IUDs smuggled in from Germany.

Yet Romania’s prohibition of the procedure was disproportionately felt by low-income women and disadvantaged groups, which abortion-rights advocates in the United States fear would happen if the Alabama law came into force. As a last resort, many Romanian women turned to home and back-alley abortions, and by 1989, an estimated 10,000 women had died as a result of unsafe procedures. The real number of deaths might have been much higher, as women who sought abortions and those who helped them faced years of imprisonment if caught. Maternal mortality skyrocketed, doubling between 1965 and 1989.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2019/05/16/what-actually-happens-when-a-country-bans-abortion-romania-alabama/

RandomGuy
05-03-2022, 03:00 AM
Not really. Conservatives will just take a flight to a state with abortion clinics and do the procedure.

Poor folks, on the other hand, will have to use the ol' rusty hanger like you mom tried and failed to do, tbh...

Abortion bans do not stop abortions.

The overnight pills will see to that. Just more government overreach.

Forced pregnancy.

RandomGuy
05-03-2022, 03:10 AM

Just in time for the midterms. Gonna see some record turnout on both sides if this goes through. That tends to be bad for the GOP.

Thread
05-03-2022, 03:59 AM
Cities will burn

Target will be looted.

Thread
05-03-2022, 04:08 AM
Here he is, the man that accomplished this miracle. The trifecta of SC Judges. Is it proper to ask if the candidate will reverse Roe? No. What did President Trump do? Sat 'em one after another across that Resolute Desk...

"I ain't fuckin' around. Will you overturn Roe? Yes, or no and we can save a lot of time, then order out."

1.2.3. just like that ending with the girl.

"Who's the wild man now!!!"

https://i.ibb.co/NL1DLpy/20220317-022456.jpg

Thread
05-03-2022, 05:25 AM
On top of Old Smokey!!!

DMC
05-03-2022, 07:09 AM
I’m certainly not disputing that. I’m looking at things for what they are today.

What they are today is a possible overturn of RvW. I'd have to defer to the legal scholars here but states' rights seem to be the driving factor here. This is assuming anything changes at all.

DMC
05-03-2022, 07:14 AM

The 7th is sinning against the holy spirit and is unforgivable. Don't do that.

Dirks_Finale
05-03-2022, 07:43 AM
So this is a ploy to try and save Democrats in the midterms. Luckily for the GOP, things have been so awful under Biden that it wont work. It does effect the election, though. Instead of winning 70 house seats they will win 45, IMO.

If the leak is true and my understanding is correct, this means that abortion rights go back to the states. So no more liberals fleeing NY and California and bringing their poor choice voting habits to Texas and Florida. Sounds like a win for Red states.

I've been saying for the past 2 years that the country is more divided than ever and that you will see red states getting redder and blue states getting bluer. Looks as though I was correct on that front.

CosmicCowboy
05-03-2022, 07:52 AM
I support abortion rights in the first two trimesters but also agree with the courts decision. As Alito specifically stated, the constitution says nothing about abortion. Its up the the country's elected officials to vote on abortion rights. Democrats could legalize abortion through congress next week if they wanted to.

Dirks_Finale
05-03-2022, 08:03 AM
I support abortion rights in the first two trimesters but also agree with the courts decision. As Alito specifically stated, the constitution says nothing about abortion. Its up the the country's elected officials to vote on abortion rights. Democrats could legalize abortion through congress next week if they wanted to.

Wouldn't they have to nuke the filibuster to get it done, though? Manchinema says no.

CosmicCowboy
05-03-2022, 08:10 AM
Wouldn't they have to nuke the filibuster to get it done, though? Manchinema says no.

I think they could get 60 votes in the senate. All Republicans aren't against abortion. At the very least make every one of them vote yes or no.

Trainwreck2100
05-03-2022, 08:12 AM

doesn't say anything about gay marriage or interracial marriage either

vy65
05-03-2022, 08:17 AM
Lol at overturning a 50 year old precedent on the basis of stare decisis. But putting that off to the side, this has the potential to have some really negative economic impacts on Texas. This states growth is fueled by energy and tech, the latter of which is a notoriously liberal industry. I can’t imagine companies in Austin (or even Dallas) will be thinking that they can attract talent to a state that has gone full Christian jihad. Talent is one of the keys to corporate growth, but particularly in the tech space. Yes Texas is business friendly and has a cheap cost of living - that’s why so many corporations leveraged those things to attract talent.

In an era where the SEC is requiring ESG disclosures in corporate filings of public companies, Texas going full Saudi Arabia because it’s been empowered by SCOTUS will really do a lot of work to drive away the economic progress of the past 5-10 years. The irony of all this is that it will come on the call of a rural minority who holds more state legislature seats in shitholes like Lubbock. But hey, Jesus hates dead babies, which matters to some inbred mongoloid living in a trailer in Abilene.

vy65
05-03-2022, 08:19 AM

The constitution also has the 3/5ths compromise, what’s your point?

We don’t practice medicine like it’s 1776, so why should we run our country like it is?

CosmicCowboy
05-03-2022, 08:26 AM
The constitution also has the 3/5ths compromise, what’s your point?

We don’t practice medicine like it’s 1776, so why should we run our country like it is?

Why are you against our elected representatives voting on abortion rights? Isn't that how the system is supposed to work? Its not the Supreme Courts job to make laws.

vy65
05-03-2022, 08:30 AM
Why are you against congress voting on abortion rights? Isn't that how the system is supposed to work? Its not the Supreme courts job to make laws.

You’re moving goal posts. Originalism acts like it’s 1776, which is facially laughable. Can we agree on that?

As for the new question you’re asking, it’s the same principle as to why states shouldn’t be allowed to segregate races or ban interracial marriages. There are fundamental rights at stake that some states will infringe upon. It’s why we fought a civil war and have a 14th amendment which, coincidentally, a lot of conservatives tend to forget/ignore

vy65
05-03-2022, 08:30 AM
Dp

CosmicCowboy
05-03-2022, 08:33 AM
Dp

I didn't switch goal posts. I clearly stated in my post it was up to elected officials to vote on it. It can be a federal vote.

vy65
05-03-2022, 08:38 AM
I didn't switch goal posts. I clearly stated in my post it was up to elected officials to vote on it. It can be a federal vote.

You also claimed that the constitution doesn’t mention “abortion.” That’s an originalist argument. Do you still think that’s a good basis for this opinion, and if so, why are we acting like it’s 1776 in the year 2020?

I also responded to the elected official business

Winehole23
05-03-2022, 08:41 AM
Gorsuch, Kavanaugh and Barrett lied.

So did all the right wingers who claimed this day would never come, and that the libs were catastrophizing about the last three Supreme Court nominations.

Winehole23
05-03-2022, 08:44 AM
What they are today is a possible overturn of RvW. I'd have to defer to the legal scholars here but states' rights seem to be the driving factor here. This is assuming anything changes at all.based on what part of the leaked text?

what I see there turns on privacy rights, not federalism.

vy65
05-03-2022, 08:46 AM
based on what part of the leaked text?

what I see there turns on privacy rights, not federalism.

Bingo.

vy65
05-03-2022, 08:54 AM

I agree with this. That said, part of me also believes that this result came about, at least in part, as a way to “trigger dem libs,” eg as a backlash against all the woke bullshit. I don’t know that conservatives would have been rallied to the point of overturning RvW had they not been galvanized by all that nonsense.

Winehole23
05-03-2022, 08:56 AM
20th century US precedent: bad, not deeply rooted in history.

18th century English precedent: rooted deeply in history, good

Winehole23
05-03-2022, 08:58 AM
I think they could get 60 votes in the senate. All Republicans aren't against abortion. At the very least make every one of them vote yes or no.:lmao

Winehole23
05-03-2022, 09:00 AM
Go ahead CC, name the Republican Senators who will vote with Dems on this. Show us how they would get to 60.

Winehole23
05-03-2022, 09:04 AM
Bingo.a key passage is embedded here

Nathan89
05-03-2022, 09:14 AM

This should be the top priority at the moment.

hater
05-03-2022, 09:16 AM
Making the election about abortion and not inflation, biden, covid, economy, war is the only chance democrats have to avoid a total bloodbath.

Very convenient and it seems repugs and judges are helping democrats here. No reason to do this right before elections.

https://twitter.com/SoundMoneyWNY/status/1521474955522813953

Winehole23
05-03-2022, 09:19 AM
Susan Collins pouts

If this leaked draft opinion is the final decision and this reporting is accurate, it would be completely inconsistent with what Justice Gorsuch and Justice Kavanaugh said in their hearings and in our meetings in my office

Nathan89
05-03-2022, 09:21 AM
We should start teaching percentages in math with statistics based on how developed babies are at time of abortion.

Winehole23
05-03-2022, 09:21 AM

This should be the top priority at the moment.it's just as likely the Alito camp leaked this to box in Roberts

Nathan89
05-03-2022, 09:23 AM
it's just as likely the Alito camp leaked this to box in Roberts

We won't know until it is thoroughly investigated.

Winehole23
05-03-2022, 09:23 AM
Lol whining about the leak.

While snatching away the liberty of millions, the right-wing reaches for its victim slippers and its pipe of bitter grievance.

Trainwreck2100
05-03-2022, 09:26 AM
Making the election about abortion and not inflation, biden, covid, economy, war is the only chance democrats have to avoid a total bloodbath.

Very convenient and it seems repugs and judges are helping democrats here. No reason to do this right before elections.

https://twitter.com/SoundMoneyWNY/status/1521474955522813953

that's not how the court works, if you want to blame someone for the timing blame the miss and texas state houses for jumping at overturning roe so soon

Nathan89
05-03-2022, 09:28 AM

This should be the top priority at the moment.

it's just as likely the Alito camp leaked this to box in Roberts

We won't know until it is thoroughly investigated.

Lol whining about the leak.

While snatching away the liberty of millions, the right-wing reaches for its victim slippers and its pipe of bitter grievance.

:lmao

Nathan89
05-03-2022, 09:30 AM
We must investigate those trying to interfere with our justice system.

Winehole23
05-03-2022, 09:34 AM
We must investigate those trying to interfere with our justice system.Sure, I've got no problem with that. Let the chips fall. :tu

Nathan89
05-03-2022, 09:35 AM

Imagine not wanting to investigate a potential hacking of the Supreme Court. We must protect our justice system from outside influence and in order to do that we must investigate.

Winehole23
05-03-2022, 09:37 AM
Biden's "vote for more Dems" take is terrible. Punting to voters is ridiculous when Dems have Congressional majorities and the presidency. If they have any stones, they'll do more than fundraise off this. Not holding my breath.

vy65
05-03-2022, 09:38 AM
a key passage is embedded here

This perspective is correct. Sadly, it doesn’t matter. The early post you made about Alito jumping to whether he agrees or disagrees with RvW tells you all you need to know. It’s a results oriented game that doesn’t appear all too concerned with precedent, rule of law, etc. The complete absence of a response from the right justifying this position tells you all you need to know.

Winehole23
05-03-2022, 09:38 AM

Imagine not wanting to investigate a potential hacking of the Supreme Court. We must protect our justice system from outside influence and in order to do that we must investigate.you're talking to yourself, I just agreed with you :lol

Spurminator
05-03-2022, 09:40 AM
The best evidence that the leak was from someone on the right is that the entire right rallied immediately to talk only about the leak.

Nathan89
05-03-2022, 09:40 AM
All across this country men are slaving away to support kids that are not theirs and they don't want to support. The outrage starts when states have the ability to prevent killing babies in the womb.

Thread
05-03-2022, 09:42 AM
Here he is, the man that accomplished this miracle. The trifecta of SC Judges. Is it proper to ask if the candidate will reverse Roe? No. What did President Trump do? Sat 'em one after another across that Resolute Desk...

"I ain't fuckin' around. Will you overturn Roe? Yes, or no and we can save a lot of time, then order out."

1.2.3. just like that ending with the girl.

"Who's the wild man now!!!"

https://i.ibb.co/NL1DLpy/20220317-022456.jpg

Winehole23
05-03-2022, 09:43 AM
All across this country men are slaving away to support kids that are not theirs and they don't want to support.Hate to break it to you, being a deadbeat dad isn't dependent upon abortion whatsoever.

Nathan89
05-03-2022, 09:47 AM

The left has gone full transphobic scum today. Disgusting.

Nathan89
05-03-2022, 09:48 AM
Hate to break it to you, being a deadbeat dad isn't dependent upon abortion whatsoever.

That is not a relevant response to my comment.

Winehole23
05-03-2022, 09:56 AM
That is not a relevant response to my comment.yeah it is, linking the two things is bullshit

Winehole23
05-03-2022, 09:56 AM
The GOP is the radical party in US politics and have been for the last 28 years.

Spurminator
05-03-2022, 09:59 AM
I don't think men should pay child support for an unwanted pregnancy either, but that argument sort of goes away if you make it overly cumbersome for the woman to terminate the pregnancy.

So not sure why people like Nathan are more vocal about abortion than they are about banning forced child support.

Wait, yes I am...

It's really about punishing the sexually active because you're jealous of them.

Nathan89
05-03-2022, 10:02 AM
All across this country men are slaving away to support kids that are not theirs and they don't want to support. The outrage starts when states have the ability to prevent killing babies in the womb.

Hate to break it to you, being a deadbeat dad isn't dependent upon abortion whatsoever.

The courts forcing men to support kids that are not their biological children is what is being referenced.

HemisfairArena
05-03-2022, 10:04 AM
Should burn the rural areas instead

Naw,,,democrats like you are to spineless to do that. They know theyd get their asses kicked and much worse so they stick to the democrat cesspool cities.

Winehole23
05-03-2022, 10:05 AM
minority rule, is that democracy?

HemisfairArena
05-03-2022, 10:06 AM

GREAT NEWS!!!!:bobo

Winehole23
05-03-2022, 10:07 AM
The courts forcing men to support kids that are not their biological children is what is being referenced.is infidelity what you're referencing here?

Nathan89
05-03-2022, 10:09 AM
I don't think men should pay child support for an unwanted pregnancy either, but that argument sort of goes away if you make it overly cumbersome for the woman to terminate the pregnancy.

So not sure why people like Nathan are more vocal about abortion than they are about banning forced child support.

Wait, yes I am...

Forced child support should not exist in a world with abortion. Agreed. That's not going to gain any momentum on either side of the political spectrum.

Winehole23
05-03-2022, 10:10 AM
Forced child support should not exist in a world with abortion. Agreed. That's not going to gain any momentum on either side of the political spectrum.nm, this is just a silly distraction

baseline bum
05-03-2022, 10:11 AM

LOL ever confusing the shithole United States with a democracy. The nation was built on slavery and genocide, founded by slavers. Rule by the elite in direct opposition to the people is par for the course here.

Winehole23
05-03-2022, 10:13 AM
LOL ever confusing the shithole United States with a democracy. The nation was built on slavery and genocide, founded by slavers. Rule by the elite in direct opposition to the people is par for the course here.I don't disagree, in fact that's sort of what I wanted to draw attention to.

Nathan89
05-03-2022, 10:13 AM
Allowing the states to decide is a fair compromise.

Nathan89
05-03-2022, 10:16 AM
The polled opinion should not matter to the Supreme Court.

Nathan89
05-03-2022, 10:23 AM

Fair is really an understatement. These depraved people will ruin that in the future.

Winehole23
05-03-2022, 10:24 AM
Allowing the states to decide is a fair compromise.making this about men's rights is hilariously off-target

baseline bum
05-03-2022, 10:24 AM

Overturning laws just because they don't like them should matter.

Spurminator
05-03-2022, 10:29 AM
Forced child support should not exist in a world with abortion. Agreed. That's not going to gain any momentum on either side of the political spectrum.

Neither is overturning a legitimate election but that didn't stop you guys from flag-trucking all the way to DC. Try harder.

vy65
05-03-2022, 10:31 AM

This is fucking staggering

ducks
Supreme Court leak shows how far liberals will go to achieve their political ends: Severino

vy65

Why?

vy65
05-03-2022, 10:32 AM

Also why?

Spurminator
05-03-2022, 10:32 AM
"Protesting forced child support is too hard, better just force women to shut down their lives for 40 weeks to teach them a lesson about having sex."

:lol Incel logic.

baseline bum
05-03-2022, 10:43 AM
This is fucking staggering

How so?

Nathan89
05-03-2022, 10:45 AM
Force child support in a world with abortion should not be allowed. This is what was stated. This is a more logically consistent world.

The above is literally irrelevant to abortion.

vy65
05-03-2022, 10:50 AM
How so?

I'm naive. I like to think we're more representative than this. It's not even control by elites. It's uneducated, ignorant, evangelicals in suburban and ex-urban areas imposing their morals and retarded world view on the majority.

CosmicCowboy
05-03-2022, 10:55 AM
Biden's "vote for more Dems" take is terrible. Punting to voters is ridiculous when Dems have Congressional majorities and the presidency. If they have any stones, they'll do more than fundraise off this. Not holding my breath.

I agree. They don't want to fix it. they just want to get the base fired up to vote for them.

baseline bum
05-03-2022, 11:00 AM
I'm naive. I like to think we're more representative than this. It's not even control by elites. It's uneducated, ignorant, evangelicals in suburban and ex-urban areas imposing their morals and retarded world view on the majority.

Meh it's evangelicals being useful idiots for the elites, still control by the elites.

CosmicCowboy
05-03-2022, 11:02 AM
You also claimed that the constitution doesn’t mention “abortion.” That’s an originalist argument. Do you still think that’s a good basis for this opinion, and if so, why are we acting like it’s 1776 in the year 2020?

I also responded to the elected official business

The 1776 constitution made allowances for constitutional amendments at later dates and it has been effectively used. Your locked in "1776" claim is bogus.

vy65
05-03-2022, 11:04 AM
The 1776 constitution made allowances for constitutional amendments at later dates and it has been effectively used. Your locked in "1776" claim is bogus.

Very good. One of those amendments was the 14th, which abrogated the states' ability to restrict or infringe upon rights that weren't enumerated in the original constitution or bill or rights. In light of that amendment, why does the constitution's failure to mention "abortion" have any legal relevance whatsoever?

Winehole23
05-03-2022, 11:08 AM
Meh it's evangelicals being useful idiots for the elites, still control by the elites.Evangelicals didn't pivot to abortion until the late seventies when the IRS started revoking the tax-exempt status of "charitable" segregation academies in the south; they knew fighting for segregation wasn't a good look, abortion was a useful wedge issue to rally behind to beat Jimmy Carter, as well as to drive conservative Catholics into the movement.

I have always felt that it was only after a child was born and had life separate from its mother that it became an individual person, and it has always, therefore, seemed to me that what is best for the mother and for the future should be allowed.

Winehole23
05-03-2022, 11:09 AM
Very good. One of those amendments was the 14th, which abrogated the states' ability to restrict or infringe upon rights that weren't enumerated in the original constitution or bill or rights. In light of that amendment, why does the constitution's failure to mention "abortion" have any legal relevance whatsoever?Abortion was legal in 1787

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

baseline bum
05-03-2022, 11:10 AM
Evangelicals didn't pivot to abortion until the late seventies when the IRS started revoking the tax-exempt status of "charitable" segregation academies in the south; they knew fighting for segregation wasn't a good look, abortion was a useful wedge issue to rally behind to beat Jimmy Carter, as well as to drive conservative Catholics into the movement.

Yeah could only run implicitly on segregation by then. No more ######, ######, ######.

Nathan89
05-03-2022, 11:10 AM
Why?

Judges don't look at polled opinion to make decisions. Typically they look at the law.

Spurminator
05-03-2022, 11:11 AM
Is there a single other legal precedent or law that imposes restrictions on someone's bodily autonomy for a period of time as a result of private behavior that is not against the law?

This should be issue number 1 for libertarians. Instead they prefer to debate seat belts.

ChumpDumper
05-03-2022, 11:12 AM

You're the real victim here.

vy65
05-03-2022, 11:14 AM
Judges don't look at polled opinion to make decisions. Typically they look at the law.

Great job - you just explained why this is a horrible decision. They didn't look to the law, Roe and Casey. They looked to what a vocal minority wanted as an outcome and went straight there.

vy65
05-03-2022, 11:15 AM
Abortion was legal in 1787

Not a fan of that interpretation because I think the 14th Amendment cabins the scope of the 9th Amendment, at least when the rubber hits the road on divisive issues like abortion.

vy65
05-03-2022, 11:15 AM
Is there a single other legal precedent or law that imposes restrictions on someone's bodily autonomy for a period of time as a result of private behavior that is not against the law?

This should be issue number 1 for libertarians. Instead they prefer to debate seat belts.

Maybe euthanasia?

Nathan89
05-03-2022, 11:16 AM
Great job - you just explained why this is a horrible decision. They didn't look to the law, Roe and Casey. They looked to what a vocal minority wanted as an outcome and went straight there.

That's what we call an opinion.

Nathan89
05-03-2022, 11:18 AM

The evangelicals have the retarded world view.

ChumpDumper

That's what we call settled law.

vy65

You've used words here, but you've said nothing.

RandomGuy
05-03-2022, 11:19 AM

Yet you side with them.

Every.
Single.
Time.

ChumpDumper
05-03-2022, 11:19 AM

:lolyou're trying to make this about child support.

vy65
05-03-2022, 11:20 AM

Tweet's aren't controlling law and don't have any precedential value. You should really shut the fuck up.

Leetonidas
05-03-2022, 11:22 AM

Weird considering they are overturning long standing established law

Nathan89
05-03-2022, 11:23 AM
Tweet's aren't controlling law and don't have any precedential value. You should really shut the fuck up.:madrun

Nathan89
05-03-2022, 11:25 AM
Yet you side with them.

Every.
Single.
Time.

That comment was just putting perspective to the comments on the previous page.

Nathan89
05-03-2022, 11:26 AM
If you are losing your shit on spurstalk then it's time to get off the internet for the day.

vy65
05-03-2022, 11:27 AM
:madrun

You're saying even less now. You should actually shut the fuck up.

ChumpDumper
05-03-2022, 11:27 AM
If you are losing your shit on spurstalk then it's time to get off the internet for the day.

:lol do you read your own posts?

vy65
05-03-2022, 11:28 AM

You should take your own advice.

lol demonic

Nathan89
05-03-2022, 11:31 AM

Just a bit of positive news on this dark day.

ChumpDumper
05-03-2022, 11:37 AM

Just a bit of positive news on this dark day.:lol why is it dark to you?

CosmicCowboy
05-03-2022, 11:39 AM
Very good. One of those amendments was the 14th, which abrogated the states' ability to restrict or infringe upon rights that weren't enumerated in the original constitution or bill or rights. In light of that amendment, why does the constitution's failure to mention "abortion" have any legal relevance whatsoever?

It is congresses responsibility to make laws, not the courts. Democrats control the house, the senate, and the Presidency. If they wanted to legalize abortion they could do it next week.

ChumpDumper
05-03-2022, 11:42 AM
It is congresses responsibility to make laws, not the courts. Democrats control the house, the senate, and the Presidency. If they wanted to legalize abortion they could do it next week.

If Republicans wanted to make it illegal they could have done it years ago.

Why did they rely on the courts to nullify existing law?

ducks
05-03-2022, 11:44 AM
Roberts called the marshal to find out the criminal who leaked the info

Winehole23
It is congresses responsibility to make laws, not the courts. Democrats control the house, the senate, and the Presidency. If they wanted to legalize abortion they could do it next week.if states or the US Congress abrogate the rights of the people, it is absolutely the role of the Supreme Court to overturn those laws.

vy65

This is irrelevant. You supported the Court's decision by saying abortion isn't in the constitution. From a constitutional law perspective, I explained why that's not a correct view.

Congress can pass laws regulating searches and seizures, or giving the accused in criminal cases a right to counsel, or banning the death penalty. Passage of those laws says nothing about whether those rights exist under the Constitution. Same goes for abortion

ducks
05-03-2022, 11:47 AM
If Republicans wanted to make it illegal they could have done it years ago.

Why did they rely on the courts to nullify existing law?

Why have democracts pass a law that entering the into USA is legal
No passport no proof you are not a criminal is needed

ChumpDumper
05-03-2022, 11:48 AM
Why have democracts pass a law that entering the crossing into USA is legal

vy65
05-03-2022, 11:50 AM

Also, can they? Wouldn't you conservatives say that, under principles of federalism, abortion should be regulated by the states and not the federal government? It was the refrain on the covid response early in the pandemic, why would this be any different? What's the hook for federal jurisdiction? The commerce clause?

This is such a disingenuous take because as soon as the USFG passes the "protect abortion bill," conservatives will have a conniption fit about federal overreach/"big government," -- yet, they're absolutely silent now about an activist court overturning a 50 year precedent.

spurraider21
05-03-2022, 11:59 AM
Also, can they? Wouldn't you conservatives say that, under principles of federalism, abortion should be regulated by the states and not the federal government? It was the refrain on the covid response early in the pandemic, why would this be any different? What's the hook for federal jurisdiction? The commerce clause?

This is such a disingenuous take because as soon as the USFG passes the "protect abortion bill," conservatives will have a conniption fit about federal overreach/"big government," -- yet, they're absolutely silent now about an activist court overturning a 50 year precedent.
not to mention Roe was a 7-2 ruling. it was upheld in PP v Casey by a supreme court with 8 republican nominees

vy65
05-03-2022, 12:00 PM
not to mention Roe was a 7-2 ruling. it was upheld in PP v Casey by a supreme court with 8 republican nominees

St. Ronnie bad now

spurraider21
05-03-2022, 12:03 PM
St. Ronnie bad now
he was always bad

though he'd also be called a woke RINO today

Winehole23
05-03-2022, 12:09 PM
To say nothing of trigger laws banning abortion outright if Roe is overturned in full.

spurraider21
05-03-2022, 12:09 PM
ironically i think this is probably the best thing that could have happened to galvanize dems coming out to vote in 2022 in what has looked like a certain bloodbath

take the shift away from inflation, make 2022 a referendum on abortion rights

Millennial_Messiah
05-03-2022, 12:13 PM
Fuck no, this would be awful. If Roe v Wade is overturned the midterm will go from R+9 to like neutral or even D+1 or D+2. Forget about 54 seats in the senate, you'd be lucky to end up with 51 seats, and winning the House by a narrow margin instead of the anticipated 2010 style red wave margin.

You're essentially handing Biden a second trifecta. :pctoss

68% of American registered voters are NOT in support of Roe V. Wade being overturned, and that includes libertarian-right people such as myself, such as Rand Paul, etc. This is sickening and would absolutely be devastating to the GOP long-term, on much more important issues than this. Kavanaugh and Gorsuch need to vote against repealing RvW if Roberts and ACB aren't.

ironically i think this is probably the best thing that could have happened to galvanize dems coming out to vote in 2022 in what has looked like a certain bloodbath

take the shift away from inflation, make 2022 a referendum on abortion rights

No shit, captain obvious.

Millennial_Messiah
05-03-2022, 12:17 PM
To say nothing of trigger laws banning abortion outright if Roe is overturned in full.

To be fair, though, equally-evil autocracies like New York State put bounties on out-of-staters not paying NY State income taxes even if they were only in NYC for 3 DAYS in a year on a fucking business trip.

The dems have nary room.

Abortion rights are human rights... Taxation is theft. Especially at the state and local levels.

if states or the US Congress abrogate the rights of the people, it is absolutely the role of the Supreme Court to overturn those laws.
Abortion rights are human rights... as are the right to not be mandated by law to sacrifice a portion of your hard-earned income for the good of ":cry :cry :cry muh others :cry :cry :cry".

Spurminator
05-03-2022, 12:22 PM
Fuck no, this would be awful. If Roe v Wade is overturned the midterm will go from R+9 to like neutral or even D+1 or D+2. Forget about 54 seats in the senate, you'd be lucky to end up with 51 seats, and winning the House by a narrow margin instead of the anticipated 2010 style red wave margin.

68% of American registered voters are NOT in support of Roe V. Wade being overturned, and that includes libertarian-right people such as myself, such as Rand Paul, etc. This is sickening and would absolutely be devastating to the GOP long-term, on much more important issues than this. Kavanaugh and Gorsuch need to vote against repealing RvW if Roberts and ACB aren't.

Don't fret, you still have voter suppression.

Millennial_Messiah
05-03-2022, 12:24 PM

It's not issue number 1 for a libertarian like me, but it's definitely top 5. Reversing inflation, at least back to 2019, is still king until it's fixed. Stopping immigration, energy independence, banning covid mandates, the right to bear arms, and yep... probably abortion. Medical freedom... whether bearing arms, abortion, vaccine choice, choice of who to love, who to fornicate with, etc., are all America First - compatible human rights.

Don't fret, you still have voter suppression.
The Dems still have the ultimate trump card, in the mercs at USPS with the vans full of fraudulent mail in ballots that are nearly all (D).

Forced child support should never exist. Men should always have the choice to sacrifice any and all contact with the child until they're 18 and out of high school under penalty of civil and potential criminal punishment if they break that agreement.... in exchange for not having to pay child support.

HemisfairArena
05-03-2022, 12:40 PM

Naw,,,people vote with their pocketbook over everything else. They wont give a shit about abortion rights if they are still paying 6 dollars a gallon at the pump and grocery prices continue to rise. Its why they democrats used covid and shutting down the economy to get Trump out of office. He was a lock to get re-elected so the democrats sabotaged the American peoples pocketbook.

Spurminator
05-03-2022, 12:44 PM
It's not issue number 1 for a libertarian like me, but it's definitely top 5. Reversing inflation, at least back to 2019, is still king until it's fixed. Stopping immigration

Ah yes, classic limited government ideals there.

ducks
05-03-2022, 12:47 PM
Senate Democrats on Tuesday vowed "to hold a vote on legislation to codify" abortion rights, following the leak of a draft opinion authored by Supreme Court Justice Samuel Alito that would strike down Roe v. Wade.

The left just needs to take a chill pill

ChumpDumper
05-03-2022, 12:53 PM
Naw,,,people vote with their pocketbook over everything else. They wont give a shit about abortion rights if they are still paying 6 dollars a gallon at the pump and grocery prices continue to rise. Its why they democrats used covid and shutting down the economy to get Trump out of office. He was a lock to get re-elected so the democrats sabotaged the American peoples pocketbook.

:lmao you're still triggered

Thread
05-03-2022, 01:09 PM
hthough he'd also be called a woke RINO today

Thread
05-03-2022, 01:11 PM
Senate Democrats on Tuesday vowed "to hold a vote on legislation to codify" abortion rights, following the leak of a draft opinion authored by Supreme Court Justice Samuel Alito that would strike down Roe v. Wade.

The left just needs to take a chill pill

Has CNN all screwed up top of every hour...they go all the way to 24 minutes before taking a first break. They never go past 13 minutes since inception.

They are fuckin' lit.

baseline bum
05-03-2022, 01:15 PM
he was always bad

though he'd also be called a woke RINO today

Nah Reagan was a race baiting pos who would fit right at home in today's GOP

Spurminator
05-03-2022, 01:19 PM
He was an actor. He'd parrot whatever lines he was given.

spurraider21
05-03-2022, 01:28 PM
Nah Reagan was a race baiting pos who would fit right at home in today's GOP
soft on immigration. traitor

supported the founding of the IPCC. purveyor of climate change communist hoax

HemisfairArena
05-03-2022, 01:33 PM
Triggered,,,,:lmao

Willy Lowry on Twitter: "A visibly shaken and angry Senator Elizabeth Warren just spoke in-front of #SCOTUS. @TheNationalNews https://t.co/KzQ2Z0Lg3b" / Twitter (https://twitter.com/willy_lowry/status/1521517935155679237?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5 Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1521517935155679237%7Ctwgr% 5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.yahoo.com%2Fnews%2Froe-wade-elizabeth-warren-angry-extremist-supreme-court-181430932.html)

and Warren wants to increase the amount of liberal justices on the supreme court. She wants to change the rules because she doesnt like the rulings. Isnt that what democrats accuse republicans of doing with voter suppression?,,,,

Thread
05-03-2022, 02:13 PM

baseline bum
05-03-2022, 02:29 PM
Triggered,,,,:lmao

Willy Lowry on Twitter: "A visibly shaken and angry Senator Elizabeth Warren just spoke in-front of #SCOTUS. @TheNationalNews https://t.co/KzQ2Z0Lg3b" / Twitter (https://twitter.com/willy_lowry/status/1521517935155679237?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5 Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1521517935155679237%7Ctwgr% 5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.yahoo.com%2Fnews%2Froe-wade-elizabeth-warren-angry-extremist-supreme-court-181430932.html)

and Warren wants to increase the amount of liberal justices on the supreme court. She wants to change the rules because she doesnt like the rulings. Isnt that what democrats accuse republicans of doing with voter suppression?,,,,

LOL McConnell changed the rules to only have 8 justices in 2016 but somehow 9 is sacred

baseline bum
05-03-2022, 02:31 PM

He's got the Magic R beside his name, it was good when he sold weapons to Iran

Reck
05-03-2022, 02:32 PM
So...Republicans have given up on winning back anything relating to politics?

How is this a good look going into midterms for them?

baseline bum
05-03-2022, 02:33 PM
So...Republicans have given up on winning back anything relating to politics?

How is this a good look going into midterms for them?

I don't buy that this is going to galvanize Democratic support. White women in the suburbs will still vote GOP and 18-30 still won't give enough of a shit to show up and vote.

daboom1
05-03-2022, 02:39 PM
Lot of Biologists in here.

spurraider21
05-03-2022, 02:39 PM

daboom1
05-03-2022, 02:42 PM
Guess who supported the idea to let states overturn Roe v. Wade in 1981?

Joe Biden. (gotheem)

spurraider21
05-03-2022, 02:58 PM

Joe Biden. (gotheem)
and he was wrong

since we dont pretend biden is our god the way you do trump, we're allowed to say that he gets things wrong too

Blake
05-03-2022, 03:19 PM

You listen to the R politicians instead of the actual biologists

Thread
05-03-2022, 03:43 PM

Joe Biden. (gotheem)

BOOM!!!!!!!!!

baseline bum
05-03-2022, 03:50 PM

LOL if people voted with their pocketbooks the GOP would never win a presidency considering electing a Republican president has led to recession every time since Bush 41 while the last Democrat to usher in a recession was Carter (and Reagan still had one of his own a year later).

baseline bum
05-03-2022, 03:52 PM
Forced child support should never exist. Men should always have the choice to sacrifice any and all contact with the child until they're 18 and out of high school under penalty of civil and potential criminal punishment if they break that agreement.... in exchange for not having to pay child support.

LOL party of personal responsibility

Blake
05-03-2022, 04:23 PM

Joe Biden. (gotheem)

Rofl you have to beat complete retard to think this is a gotheem

Nathan89
05-03-2022, 04:30 PM

I don't want to live in an America that allows states to prevent killing babies in the womb.

Nathan89
05-03-2022, 04:34 PM
What's wild is the crowd that always screams about the "right side of history" is very pro abortion which is obviously going to be viewed like Aztecs chopping off heads in the future.

Nathan89
05-03-2022, 04:37 PM

Well they went from safe, legal, and rare to bragging about getting them and advocating for laws that would allow dilated babies to be aborted.

spurraider21
05-03-2022, 04:39 PM
What's wild is the crowd that always screams about the "right side of history" is very pro abortion which is obviously going to be viewed like Aztecs chopping off heads in the future.
interesting take. whats your opinion on the death penalty?

Nathan89
05-03-2022, 04:42 PM
interesting take. whats your opinion on the death penalty?

I'm against it. Yes, many conservatives are for it. They just view it as innocent life vs a criminal.

spurraider21
05-03-2022, 04:48 PM
I'm against it. Yes, many conservatives are for it. They just view it as innocent life vs a criminal.
at least you're consistent

SnakeBoy
05-03-2022, 05:02 PM

I don't want to live in an America that allows states to prevent killing babies in the womb.

lol Senator Karen

DMC
05-03-2022, 05:19 PM

ex-Ukraine experts who transferred from the COVID expert branch.

Thread
05-03-2022, 05:22 PM
ex-Ukraine experts who transferred from the COVID expert branch.

D M C

DMC
05-03-2022, 05:23 PM
and he was wrong

since we dont pretend biden is our god the way you do trump, we're allowed to say that he gets things wrong too

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0209/1522/products/sweaters-joe-biden-ice-cream-invasion-sweater-1_23226f58-9d16-4363-958c-2f4189f59898_1500x.jpg?

"We're not guilty, YOU ARE!!!"

daboom1
05-03-2022, 05:36 PM
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0209/1522/products/sweaters-joe-biden-ice-cream-invasion-sweater-1_23226f58-9d16-4363-958c-2f4189f59898_1500x.jpg?

"We're not guilty, YOU ARE!!!"

yup :lol

ChumpDumper
05-03-2022, 05:37 PM
Forced child support should never exist. Men should always have the choice to sacrifice any and all contact with the child until they're 18 and out of high school under penalty of civil and potential criminal punishment if they break that agreement.... in exchange for not having to pay child support.How much you paying, rugged individualist?