PDA

View Full Version : The World Cup thread!



Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13

MannyIsGod
06-27-2006, 03:38 PM
God damn I HATE the acting.

MannyIsGod
06-27-2006, 03:39 PM
And the acting leads to a goal.

Bob Lanier
06-27-2006, 03:39 PM
Gooooooooooooooooooal! :elephant

Spurologist
06-27-2006, 03:39 PM
on the game:
Patrick Vieira was reborn for his 30. birthday! that man will not let france go down!

you are correct Mr. Velik

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
06-27-2006, 03:39 PM
Spain on the ropes...

NASpurs
06-27-2006, 03:41 PM
Anyone surprised that Spain is choking once again?

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
06-27-2006, 03:42 PM
No, but I don't want the Frenchmen to advance...

Spurologist
06-27-2006, 03:43 PM
So does Henry get an assist on that goal.

MannyIsGod
06-27-2006, 03:44 PM
Damn this ending is action packed

Spurologist
06-27-2006, 03:45 PM
Barthez showing his 1998 form

Bob Lanier
06-27-2006, 03:48 PM
Gooooooooooooooooooal! :elephant

Spurologist
06-27-2006, 03:48 PM
Zidane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MannyIsGod
06-27-2006, 03:48 PM
That was nice. Fitting too.

NASpurs
06-27-2006, 03:48 PM
3-1 France :pctoss

MannyIsGod
06-27-2006, 03:48 PM
Man, me picking a team to win is the kiss of death. :lol

Spurologist
06-27-2006, 03:49 PM
Puyol is probably the best defender in the world. He will need extra tape on those ankles when the game is done

velik_m
06-27-2006, 03:52 PM
Spain out - deja vu?

Spurologist
06-27-2006, 03:56 PM
Germany 4
Sweden 0

Argentina 3
Mexico 1

England 2
Ecuador 1

Portugal 2 (win by PKs)
Netherland 2

Italy 2
Australia 0

Switzerland 1
Ukraine 2

Brazil 3
Ghana 0

Upset Special

France 2
Spain 1

I've picked all the winners and one correct score. :tu

austinfan
06-27-2006, 03:58 PM
For the quarterfinals:

England-Portugal: Probably another physical game. Portugal has the edge in coaching.

Argentina-Germany: Potentially the match of the tournament. Total toss-up.

Italy-Ukraine: Whatever. Italy snakes its way into the semis, where they're destroyed by the winner of Arg-Ger.

Brazil-France: Two veteran teams with lots of experience. Coaching and individual flashes of brilliance from the stars will make the difference. Brazil will be looking to make up for its meltdown in the 98 Final. Fairly even game, with edge to Brazil.

Petite Française bis
06-27-2006, 04:09 PM
did you see the provocation of Aragones ??????? :flipoff

3-1 pour la France, mange-ça vieux con :elephant :elephant

jcrod
06-27-2006, 04:13 PM
The two games today were not boring to watch. I was watching it through espn.com, great feed btw. Man Ghana was fast and quick, just couldn't put it in the hole. Soccer players make Divac and Manu look like shit on flops.

ALVAREZ6
06-27-2006, 04:34 PM
damn it.


Spain made me lose money.

Spurologist
06-27-2006, 04:55 PM
damn it.


Spain made me lose money.

The easy money was on Brazil

MaNuMaNiAc
06-27-2006, 04:58 PM
Everyone on this board knows how much I hate Mark Cuban. I hate Aragones three times as much. His ass was caught on camera telling Antonio Reyes (Henry's teammate at Arsenal no less) that "Show that black piece of shit that you are better than he is" He still denies it. That warrants a direct FUCK YOU from me. The punishment of course was pathetic. He was fined pocket change.

Article: http://sport.scotsman.com/football.cfm?id=936012006

Check out this video out. The vidoe is a little fuzzy but you can still see it. It was on Sportscenter a while back. The footage of Aragones is at the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zo27dAs2N_0&search=sportscenter%20racism

I hope Henry scores at least two goals and celebrates in front of Aregones' face and exposes him. I hope ESPN shows that video of him to the entire world to show that racism still exists and these kind of acts can't be tolerated.
:lmao @ the guy on the video saying "Americans might find it difficult to understand..."! what a bunch of bullshit! The US is FULL of racism, so lets not pretend the "Euros" are doing something Americans know nothing about.

Having said that, Aragones is a piece of shit, he's always been a piece of shit.

Phenomanul
06-27-2006, 05:03 PM
Everyone on this board knows how much I hate Mark Cuban. I hate Aragones three times as much. His ass was caught on camera telling Antonio Reyes (Henry's teammate at Arsenal no less) that "Show that black piece of shit that you are better than he is" He still denies it. That warrants a direct FUCK YOU from me. The punishment of course was pathetic. He was fined pocket change.

Article: http://sport.scotsman.com/football.cfm?id=936012006

Check out this video out. The vidoe is a little fuzzy but you can still see it. It was on Sportscenter a while back. The footage of Aragones is at the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zo27dAs2N_0&search=sportscenter%20racism

I hope Henry scores at least two goals and celebrates in front of Aregones' face and exposes him. I hope ESPN shows that video of him to the entire world to show that racism still exists and these kind of acts can't be tolerated.


That's why Mexicans don't even care to try their luck in Europe... people like Hugo Sanchez were bench warmers in Europe before someone finally gave him an opportunity to play... His previous coach was then exposed as a racist fool.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-27-2006, 05:04 PM
That's why Mexicans don't even care to try their luck in Europe... people like Hugo Sanchez were bench warmers in Europe before someone finally gave him an opportunity to play... His previous coach was then exposed as a racist fool.
:lmao! yeah... that's why http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smirolleyes.gif

Lady M
06-27-2006, 05:41 PM
on a gagné on a gagné
France Beat Spain and Zizou can play an other game

MaNuMaNiAc
06-27-2006, 05:49 PM
on a gagné on a gagné
France Beat Spain and Zizou can play an other game
yeah... his last. Brasil is going to walk all over France. This isn't 1998 France, and that isn't 1998 Brasil. I predict a 3-0 spanking to make up for 1998.

Spurologist
06-27-2006, 06:22 PM
on a gagné on a gagné
France Beat Spain and Zizou can play an other game

Allez les Blues.

Contre Brasil?? Je ne sais pas.

scott
06-27-2006, 07:54 PM
I hope you Argentinians enjoyed the ride... it ends Friday.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-27-2006, 08:19 PM
I hope you Argentinians enjoyed the ride... it ends Friday.
could very well be... by the way, I hope you've saved your apetite my friend, because us Argies serve a mean crow.

Enjoy! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/18/18_10_5.gif

Phenomanul
06-27-2006, 08:36 PM
:lmao! yeah... that's why http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smirolleyes.gif

What's that supposed to mean??? Where's your supposed 'newfound respect' for Mexican fútbol? Same ol' arrogance, typical dismissiveness.

Mexico's squad held their ground against a combination of your 'superstars'...

Riquelme
Saviola
Crespo
Tevez
Messi

And you very well know that Mexico played with only 1 european starter.... the rest from the national league - where they get paid well.

Sure, we all know that Mexico is not the talent powerhouse equivalent of countries like Brazil or Argentina but that's not to say Mexicans can't play at their level...

I know Mexico's soccer history and I could give you the name of every Mexican that tried their fortune in Europe... they always came back complaining of stagnation on the bench... better to play and than not play all.

Unlike most Argentineans playing abroad... Most Mexican players aren't what you would consider 'white'... historically that has been a problem for some of the European sides...

MaNuMaNiAc
06-27-2006, 08:43 PM
What's that supposed to mean??? Where's your supposed 'newfound respect' for Mexican fútbol? Same ol' arrogance, typical dismissiveness.

Mexico's squad held their ground against a combination of your 'superstars'...

Riquelme
Saviola
Crespo
Tevez
Messi

And you very well know that Mexico played with only 1 european starter.... the rest from the national league - where they get paid well.

Sure, we all know that Mexico is not the talent powerhouse equivalent of countries like Brazil or Argentina but that's not to say Mexicans can't play at their level...

I know Mexico's soccer history and I could give you the name of every Mexican that tried their fortune in Europe... they always came back complaining of stagnation on the bench... better to play and than not play all.

Unlike most Argentineans playing abroad... Most Mexican players aren't what you would consider 'white'... historically that has been a problem for some of the European sides...
Geez calm down man! that is not what I meant. you claimed Mexican players did not want to go to European leagues because of the racism, and I called bullshit. Not because Mexicans don't have the talent (which interestingly is what you assumed I meant, I wonder why? insecure, anyone?), but because the pay is good enough in Mexico that I suppose there's no need to go to Europe.

However, I don't buy into that. I think any Mexican player good enough to play in Europe would give their left nut to play in some of the more prestigious clubs in Europe than any club in Mexico.

scott
06-27-2006, 09:05 PM
could very well be... by the way, I hope you've saved your apetite my friend, because us Argies serve a mean crow.

Enjoy! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/18/18_10_5.gif

Do I smell an avitar bet?

Deutschland wins, you fly the German flag in your avitar for a week, and vice versa?

Phenomanul
06-27-2006, 09:05 PM
Geez calm down man! that is not what I meant. you claimed Mexican players did not want to go to European leagues because of the racism, and I called bullshit. Not because Mexicans don't have the talent (which interestingly is what you assumed I meant, I wonder why? insecure, anyone?), but because the pay is good enough in Mexico that I suppose there's no need to go to Europe.

However, I don't buy into that. I think any Mexican player good enough to play in Europe would give their left nut to play in some of the more prestigious clubs in Europe than any club in Mexico.


Yes but how many Ronaldinho's or Ronaldo's are there? They come but a few per generation. And in the case of Mexico, the Hugo Sanchez' the Rafael Marquez' don't come around but every 20 years or so... Blanco for example had the talent to play in Europe... he instead rotted on a Spanish bench, so rather than endure stagnation, and the humiliation of incessantly being labeled an 'indio' he came back to Mexico...

Why does Borgetti sit on the bench of Bolton in England??


Several Mexican players are on par with many of their European counterparts... but against them they know they wouldn't get playing time. So they stay in the comfort of their home in Mexico.

Spurologist
06-27-2006, 09:14 PM
Do I smell an avitar bet?

Deutschland wins, you fly the German flag in your avitar for a week, and vice versa?

it sounds like a deal.

http://www.engr.uiuc.edu/international/summerbrochures/flags/argentina_flag.gif vs.http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/news/inbusiness/images/germany_flag.gif

scott
06-27-2006, 09:25 PM
Alright, whoever wants in on this bet - make it known here.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-27-2006, 09:37 PM
Alright, whoever wants in on this bet - make it known here.
:lol no problem

Gerryatrics
06-28-2006, 02:49 AM
Ugh, Spain vs. France was such a let down. On the plus side, my fantasy team won Prize 4 in my league. Woot!

MaNuMaNiAc
06-28-2006, 03:23 AM
Yes but how many Ronaldinho's or Ronaldo's are there? They come but a few per generation. And in the case of Mexico, the Hugo Sanchez' the Rafael Marquez' don't come around but every 20 years or so... Blanco for example had the talent to play in Europe... he instead rotted on a Spanish bench, so rather than endure stagnation, and the humiliation of incessantly being labeled an 'indio' he came back to Mexico...

Why does Borgetti sit on the bench of Bolton in England??


Several Mexican players are on par with many of their European counterparts... but against them they know they wouldn't get playing time. So they stay in the comfort of their home in Mexico.
:lmao thats rich! so what you're telling me is that the only reason why Mexican players don't succeed in Europe is because they are discriminated against for being dark skinned? give me a fucking break! Brasilian's are dark skinned, what about them? Africans are dark skinned, and although they endure racism, they still thrive when it comes to actual playing.

I have a new respect for Mexico, that is true, but that does not mean they are superstar material simply because they managed to give Argentina a run for its money on one game.

In fact, I remember you accusing us Argentinians of not taking players from the Mexican league for our national team because somehow, we had something against Mexicans. I can see a pattern http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smirolleyes.gif

Texas_Ranger
06-28-2006, 04:37 AM
Zidane ise the best.

PaceMonster
06-28-2006, 05:06 AM
^^what world cup are u watching...this is the only good play ive seen him make

rascal
06-28-2006, 06:07 AM
If we follow the regulations (is this the correct word?) of soccer, yes, it's foul. However if i were an australian i got anger.. I think the referee give us the penalty because expelled Materazzi (and it wasn't a red card fou


However italy isn't overrated, this is simply our "Modus operandi": the our force is don't let the other teams playing well, if you look, no one team played well against us: how many shoot australia did? One, or 2. For us is better playing against better team, but this isn't mean that we will win. No... simply we can beat any team, and we can lose with any team

sorry for my BAD BAD BAD english

Keep reading and posting and you will get better. Your main points are understandable. Your English isn't too bad.

rascal
06-28-2006, 06:10 AM
I've picked all the winners and one correct score. :tu
Good picks.

austinfan
06-28-2006, 08:14 AM
^^what world cup are u watching...this is the only good play ive seen him make

Tell me about. I am starting to hate Adriano with a passion. If Parreira starts him again for the France game, then Brazil can kiss the Cup goodbye.

ALVAREZ6
06-28-2006, 10:37 AM
I'll be in one the bet, but I'm leaving for more than 2 weeks to Argentina on the day of the game.



Right after the game, we are leaving for NYC to fly to Buenos Aires. Hopefully, we can win because it would be fucking awesome arriving in Buenos Aires just in time.

nkdlunch
06-28-2006, 10:52 AM
The world cup final is gonna be played early betwen Argentina vs. Germany.

that sucks

I have a feeling Riquelme is gonna step up...

http://www.antenna3.it/images/86/20060626164332r196.jpg

Phenomanul
06-28-2006, 12:11 PM
:lmao thats rich! so what you're telling me is that the only reason why Mexican players don't succeed in Europe is because they are discriminated against for being dark skinned? give me a fucking break! Brasilian's are dark skinned, what about them? Africans are dark skinned, and although they endure racism, they still thrive when it comes to actual playing.

Speaking of assuming, how about you lose the bolded assumption....

1) African nations don't have developed leagues... Europe is their only option.
2) The Brazilian league doesn't pay well... Brazilian star players therefore have a clear goal of playing in Europe... Mexicans don't (at least not from the start) plus let's not forget the fact that Brasilians are more talented than anyone else.

Apples and Oranges...



I have a new respect for Mexico, that is true, but that does not mean they are superstar material simply because they managed to give Argentina a run for its money on one game.

Contradiction anyone??? You can't say you respect Mexican fútbol and then turnaround (much like your fellow countryman LaVolpe) and say Mexico does not have star talent. It's either one or the other you can't have it both ways... Your superstars did nothing against Mexico... absolutely nothing... it took a miraculous goal by Maxi to bail you all out... Our defenders constantly stole the ball from your midfielders and strikers and made it look easy...

And it's not one game... Mexico has fared much better against the top-ranked teams the last 10 years or so... it's an ongoing process.




In fact, I remember you accusing us Argentinians of not taking players from the Mexican league for our national team because somehow, we had something against Mexicans. I can see a pattern http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smirolleyes.gif


With regards to your this comment, I believe el 'Chelito' Delgado and Walter Gaitan are both better than Cambiasso. But they get less consideration because they don't play in Europe or in your league.... and much of that stems from the lack of exposure of the Mexican league with the Argentinean public... In the end though, it's Pekerman's decision... not the people's... whatever...

danyel
06-28-2006, 12:29 PM
and much of that stems from the lack of exposure of the Mexican league with the Argentinean public

I don't believe thats true, we do get Mexican league games live weekly by Fox Sports.

Phenomanul
06-28-2006, 01:17 PM
I don't believe thats true, we do get Mexican league games live weekly by Fox Sports.

Is that a public channel, or based on economics, is it only available to the middle-to-high class families???

Plus exposure doesn't mean watching a game here or there... Argentineans as a whole don't follow Mexican fútbol... it would be a lie if you all claimed that they did.

rascal
06-28-2006, 01:38 PM
I believe Mexio doesn't bring all their best players to the world cup. They could field a much stronger team than they do.

There is a lot of dirty politics in Mexico in even choosing the world cup team. They should be better than they are and should go much further in the world cup than they usually do.

And its not an issue of not having enough talented players like it is in the USA.

cheguevara
06-28-2006, 01:46 PM
Newsflash: mexico is out of the world cup, thus should be out of this thread. :)

velik_m
06-28-2006, 01:49 PM
Newsflash: mexico is out of the world cup, thus should be out of this thread. :)

no game today. they are bored. let them be.

nkdlunch
06-28-2006, 01:53 PM
Great, this fucker is gonna be the ref for Argentina vs. Germany:
http://euro2004.nemzetisport.hu/db/00/95/i00009095f2a1540514e1.jpg


He's the one who refd Brazil vs. Ghana. Looks like fifa wants Germany vs. Brazil final. germany vs. brazil = $$

danyel
06-28-2006, 01:54 PM
Is that a public channel, or based on economics, is it only available to the middle-to-high class families???

Plus exposure doesn't mean watching a game here or there... Argentineans as a whole don't follow Mexican fútbol... it would be a lie if you all claimed that they did.

You said that it didn't get exposure, thats not true.

Its not a public channel, no foreign league gets public channel coverage, plus cable TV has a huge base in Argentina, more than 50% of the people.

Its true that we don't follow the Mexican league as much as the Spanish, Italian or English leagues. And why do you think that is?

nkdlunch
06-28-2006, 01:55 PM
You said that it didn't get exposure, thats not true.

Its not a public channel, no foreign league gets public channel coverage, plus cable TV has a huge base in Argentina, more than 50% of the people.

Its true that we don't follow the Mexican league as much as the Spanish, Italian or English leagues. And why do you think that is?


Here in the states they feed us shitty Mexican futbol all day long. I'm fucking sick of it and its mediocrity

Spurologist
06-28-2006, 01:57 PM
Germany 2
Argentina 3

Brazil 3
France 1

Italy 2
Ukraine 0

Upset Special

England 2
Portugal 1 (Deco out; Ronaldo maybe = loss)

cheguevara
06-28-2006, 02:01 PM
Fifa will help germany advance and England over Portugal aint an upset.

ALVAREZ6
06-28-2006, 02:05 PM
Great, this fucker is gonna be the ref for Argentina vs. Germany:
http://euro2004.nemzetisport.hu/db/00/95/i00009095f2a1540514e1.jpg


He's the one who refd Brazil vs. Ghana. Looks like fifa wants Germany vs. Brazil final. germany vs. brazil = $$
That's bullshit.



:flipoff Fifa

Spurologist
06-28-2006, 02:11 PM
Fifa will help germany advance and England over Portugal aint an upset.

the alternative is Ukraine over Italy. I don't think so.

Petite Française bis
06-28-2006, 02:18 PM
Germany 2
Argentina 3

Brazil 3
France 1
Italy 2
Ukraine 0

Upset Special

England 2
Portugal 1 (Deco out; Ronaldo maybe = loss)


:depressed

Why not 2-1 for Brazil? Our defeat would be less painful ....

moreover, it will be a Spanish referee :depressed

Spurologist
06-28-2006, 02:21 PM
Expect many of these

http://www.refblog.com/rb_images/2nd-20-korea-italy-red-card.jpg


http://www.world-cup-info.com/photos/2002/1st-19-brazil-turkey-red-card.jpg
http://www.worldcupjapankorea.com/photo_gallery/group/g/red_card_soccer.jpg
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2006/soccer/specials/world_cup/2006/06/26/cup.referees.ap/referee.jpg
http://chinadaily.com.cn/sports/2006-06/26/xin_530603260908772159555.jpg That might be the fucker
http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/fifa/gen/fifa/20050626/i/1642304153.jpg
http://media3.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/photo/2006/06/25/PH2006062500546.jpg FUCKER

Bob Lanier
06-28-2006, 02:24 PM
Argentina 2 - Germany 1.
France 2 - Brazil 1.
Italy 2 - Ukraine 0.
Portugal 1 - England 0.

Spurologist
06-28-2006, 02:29 PM
:depressed

Why not 2-1 for Brazil? Our defeat would be less painful ....

moreover, it will be a Spanish referee :depressed

Brazil is just too good.

1. Brasil is faster and much younger
2. More talent
3. Will be angry after losing in 98

C'est possible. For France to have a chance

1. Zidane needs to play at world class level
2. Barthez needs to make some great saves
3. Thuram and Gallas have to play better than ever
4. Ribery has to keep playing great.
5. Henry has to score at least twice. He needs better service and stay onside.

Petite Française bis
06-28-2006, 02:30 PM
Argentina 2 - Germany 1.
France 2 - Brazil 1.
Italy 2 - Ukraine 0.
Portugal 1 - England 0.

:worthy:

MaNuMaNiAc
06-28-2006, 02:34 PM
Speaking of assuming, how about you lose the bolded assumption....

1) African nations don't have developed leagues... Europe is their only option.

why? according to you, Mexico's league pays well enough, and its full of star talent. They could go to Mexico... oh wait, I forgot, everybody discriminates against Mexico right? http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smirolleyes.gif



2) The Brazilian league doesn't pay well... Brazilian star players therefore have a clear goal of playing in Europe... Mexicans don't (at least not from the start) plus let's not forget the fact that Brasilians are more talented than anyone else.

Apples and Oranges...

I think that is bullshit, I think any Mexican player with serious talent would give anything to go play in Europe. The fact that most don't has less to do with racism than the fact they can't cut it, but I guess its easier for you to cry discrimination instead of facing the fact that you have no real stars.



Contradiction anyone??? You can't say you respect Mexican fútbol and then turnaround (much like your fellow countryman LaVolpe) and say Mexico does not have star talent. It's either one or the other you can't have it both ways... Your superstars did nothing against Mexico... absolutely nothing... it took a miraculous goal by Maxi to bail you all out... Our defenders constantly stole the ball from your midfielders and strikers and made it look easy...
ah I see, our superstars did nothing, and your team made it look easy huh? Then why couldn't they score the winning goal?

Newsflash, Argentina shot 11 times at the goal with 5 of those shots on target, while Mexico shot 12 and had only 3 on goal. Argentina also has 6 corner kicks to Mexico's 5, 8 offsides to Mexico's 2 (which includes a disallowed goal that wasn't offside). Not only that but we had 51% ball possesion to Mexico's 49%. Its hilarious how all of a sudden, Mexico kicked our ass, and yet Argentina won by luck... pfff.

I agree Mexico played an excellent game, and that they are an excellent team (team being the important word here), with no superstars.



With regards to your this comment, I believe el 'Chelito' Delgado and Walter Gaitan are both better than Cambiasso. But they get less consideration because they don't play in Europe or in your league.... and much of that stems from the lack of exposure of the Mexican league with the Argentinean public... In the end though, it's Pekerman's decision... not the people's... whatever... :lmao funny ass shit! So you determine who is better or who is worse huh? You can believe whatever you want but that doesn't make it so. Cambiasso is ten times the player Gaitan is, and although Chelito Delgado is good, I still wouldn't put him above el 'cucho'. By the way Chelito Delgado used to play on our league remember? what happened to his "exposure" then? http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smirolleyes.gif


You said that it didn't get exposure, thats not true.

Its not a public channel, no foreign league gets public channel coverage, plus cable TV has a huge base in Argentina, more than 50% of the people.

Its true that we don't follow the Mexican league as much as the Spanish, Italian or English leagues. And why do you think that is? its because us Argies don't like Mexicans danyel, if you don't believe me, ask hegamboa http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif

cheguevara
06-28-2006, 03:06 PM
Klose: Argentina unlucky to draw the hosts


Klose, displaying the confidence of a player who has already scored four goals at these finals, recognised Argentina as a top team but said Germany would triumph on Friday in Berlin.


'We're not nervous about this game,' Klose told a news conference. 'Argentina were the favourites to win the World Cup but now they've had the bad luck to be drawn against us.'

Argentina were made favourites after beating Ivory Coast 2-1 in a high-quality match and then lifting their game to an even higher level in a memorable 6-0 win over Serbia & Montenegro.

They drew 0-0 with Netherlands to clinch top spot in Group C before beating Mexico 2-1 in extra time in the second round.

Germany have also scored 10 goals and conceded two but their passage has been even smoother, with four straight victories over Costa Rica, Poland, Ecuador and Sweden.

'We know we have a good opportunity to beat them,' Klose said. 'They're a good team but if we press them for the full 90 minutes they will make mistakes. It's then up to us to exploit them.'

Klose scored five at the last World Cup but his all-round play has been even better this time.

He scored twice against Costa Rica, got two more against Ecuador and set up both goals for strike partner Lukas Podolski in the commanding 2-0 win over Sweden in the second round.

'I'm on top of my game and I want to prove it,' the 28-year-old said. 'I have certain goals at this tournament and I'm glad I'm reaching them. I'm very ambitious.

'Argentina are a top team at this tournament but it's just unlucky for them that they have to play us.'

West Germany and Argentina met in the 1986 and 1990 World Cup finals. Argentina lifted the trophy when they won the first showdown 3-2 in Mexico, with the Germans gaining revenge with a 1-0 win in the showpiece match in Italy four years later.

cheguevara
06-28-2006, 03:14 PM
Damn, the italian team has more drama than the godfather parts 1-3...




Italian ex-star attempts suicide

ITALY’S World Cup squad was in turmoil last night after a former star player threw himself from a building.

Gianluca Pessetto, 35 — Juventus general manager — leapt from his office in Turin, Italy, clutching rosary beads.

He is in a serious condition in hospital with severe multiple fractures after two parked cars broke his 30ft fall.

Italy captain Fabio Cannavaro left a press conference yesterday in tears on hearing the news. The team were already under pressure after being accused of knocking Australia out of the World Cup by cheating to gain a last-minute penalty.

Players were being quizzed over the result when news of the incident broke.

Dad-of-two Mr Pessetto was not implicated in accusations of match-fixing that have recently dogged the sport in Italy.

Members of the squad flew to visit him in hospital yesterday. Italy face Ukraine in the quarter-finals on Friday. :wow

cheguevara
06-28-2006, 03:20 PM
on that note...

Thai killed in Italy v Australia penalty brawl

BANGKOK, June 28 (Reuters) - A dispute about the last minute penalty which put Italy through to the World Cup quarter-finals at the expense of Australia ended with one Thai soccer fan killing another, a newspaper reported on Wednesday.

Italian fan Saran Channarong stabbed Australia supporter Rabieb Lukchan twice after Rabieb insisted the referee had been biased in giving Italy the penalty which was converted by Francesco Totti with the last kick of the game for a 1-0 win, the newspaper said.

The two men had been drinking as they watched Sunday's game at a grocery shop in the southern province of Nakohn Si Thammarat, the Daily News newspaper quoted police as saying.

Rabieb, 45, died in hospital and police were looking for 20-year-old Saran, it said.



A Nakohn Si Thammarat police officer confirmed the fatal dispute had been World Cup related, but could not confirm details of the quarrel.


watch the "penalty"
http://www.geekzone.co.nz/blog.asp?blogid=22&postid=744



FUCK ITALY!!!

NuGGeTs-FaN
06-28-2006, 03:31 PM
yeh screw Italy.......

i hope Ukraine springs an upset coz the Italians dont even deserve to be in the final 8

Phenomanul
06-28-2006, 04:02 PM
why? according to you, Mexico's league pays well enough, and its full of star talent. They could go to Mexico... oh wait, I forgot, everybody discriminates against Mexico right? http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smirolleyes.gif ]

Really does every single argument have to be in complete absolutes for you? It's tiring, childish... and frankly, that's the most annoying thing to have to put up with when entering a discussion with you. geez. Settle down.

As for the Africans... The Mexican league is not a practical option for them much like the Japanese or Australian leagues wouldn't be or for that matter the MLS... Mexico has a stringent quota for foreigners which they typically use for players from spanish-speaking countries --- go figure (and like everywhere else, Brazilians are the exception to that tendency)... Furthermore, the teams are now being subjected to another recent stipulation that requires young (<20 yo) Mexican footballers play a minimum number of minutes per season... which further reduces the percentage of time that foreigners could play in any given game... But that's not to say Mexican teams have never fielded or will never field African players...


I think that is bullshit, I think any Mexican player with serious talent would give anything to go play in Europe. The fact that most don't has less to do with racism than the fact they can't cut it, but I guess its easier for you to cry discrimination instead of facing the fact that you have no real stars.

First off, who's crying?? -- you blow things out of proportion so quickly in order to suit your arguments... its rather disgusting.

Most children in Mexico don't know enough about the European powerhouses, Real, Arsenal, Manchester United, Inter, Bayern, Ajax, etc... to dream of getting there. They grow up fans of their local teams.... Those that do make it, then aspire to something greater.

So a team 'without' any stars can 'play' against the Germany's the Brazils and the Argentina's of the footballing world and not get the living daylights knocked out of them... interesting notion, but no.... How about you give some of the players a little more credit??? Oh that's right, that's why you wanted me to credit LaVolpe... you would credit him... go figure.

I hate playing the 'if' game, but 'if' Blanco had been on that squad... your team would have been the odd man out... But because LaVolpe couldn't put his childish ego aside, he ended up hurting his chances... ohh but his son-in-law just had to be on the team... pathetic... or should I say political.


ah I see, our superstars did nothing, and your team made it look easy huh? Then why couldn't they score the winning goal?

Newsflash bitch, Argentina shot 11 times at the goal with 5 of those shots on target, while Mexico shot 12 and had only 3 on goal. Argentina also has 6 corner kicks to Mexico's 5, 8 offsides to Mexico's 2 (which includes a disallowed goal that wasn't offside). Not only that but we had 51% ball possesion to Mexico's 49%. Its hilarious how all of a sudden, Mexico kicked our ass, and yet Argentina won by luck... pfff. ]

Note I said Mexico's DEFENDERS.... our offense was about as futile as yours.

Nevertheless by your logic, Argentina's so called 'superstars' should be able to run circles around Mexico's mediocre players... so either your superstars are not really super, or you would need to deservedly credit Mexico's players. Which is it??? I know you will refuse to do the latter... And unfortunately, I realize that I can't really substantiate anything I've said in this thread until Mexico can prove it with a victory. But it won't be long before Mexico knocks Argentina off of some tournament... it's coming. Mexico's U-17 World Championship is a positive sign of that.

Oh and the stats you pointed out don't paint the complete picture... Argentina started making time after Maxi's goal and swung the possesion percentage around... but during the regulation period Mexico played at their tempo... not Argentina's. And I can think of about 3 plays that would have ended with Mexican shots on goal that were instead killed by desperation Argentinean fouls... The Scaloni one on Zinha was atrocious (after he had zig-zaged through 5 Argentineans) as was the Heinz foul on Castro...


I agree Mexico played an excellent game, and that they are an excellent team (team being the important word here), with no superstars.

:lmao funny ass shit! So you determine who is better or who is worse huh? You can believe whatever you want but that doesn't make it so. Cambiasso is ten times the player Gaitan is, and although Chelito Delgado is good, I still wouldn't put him above el 'cucho'. By the way Chelito Delgado used to play on our league remember? what happened to his "exposure" then? http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smirolleyes.gif ]

True... that is a matter of opinion, I won't deny it. But I'm not saying this to suit my argument... I honestly believe Gaitan and Delgado to be better players than Cambiasso... Also, I seriously doubt that you have seen enough of Gaitan's play lately to even compare the two objectively.

And you very well know that an important aspect of a player's exposure also includes a 'what have you done for me lately' attribute. Argentina doesn't get it with Chelito anymore... which is why he has faded from their preference... and not because somehow he has lost his talent, at the prime of his career no less.



its because us Argies don't like Mexicans danyel, if you don't believe me, ask hegamboa http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif

Some are arrogant, pretentious, pompous, cretino jerks.... but that's true of many humans irregardless of nationality... Besides, we'd been over that before, and it was a matter of who my family and myself were exposed to... I had already apologized for making a general comment where one wasn't warranted... but thanks for pouring salt on previous wounds -- you're good for that.

As an example of what I mean... compare Manu and Maradona.... who has the most agreeble personality? Most of the people I'd met were of the Maradona type, but like Manu there are many respectful and humble Argentineans... I just hadn't met enough of them. And your personal example certainly doesn't help. :fro

austinfan
06-28-2006, 04:05 PM
Is anyone else going through World Cup withdrawal today? :lol Only the fact that the Argentina-Germany clash of the titans is coming up first thing on Friday makes the wait bearable.

boutons_
06-28-2006, 04:32 PM
yep, sucks to have no games for 2 days after Tuesday's excitement.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-28-2006, 04:43 PM
Really does every single argument have to be in complete absolutes for you? It's tiring, childish... and frankly, that's the most annoying thing to have to put up with when entering a discussion with you. geez. Settle down.
no, thats right not everybody, just the powers that be in Europe, right?



First off, who's crying?? -- you blow things out of proportion so quickly in order to suit your arguments... its rather disgusting.
damn, fine, not crying, bitching... better?


So a team 'without' any stars can 'play' against the Germany's the Brazils and the Argentina's of the footballing world and not get the living daylights knocked out of them... interesting notion, but no.... How about you give some of the players a little more credit??? Oh that's right, that's why you wanted me to credit LaVolpe... you would credit him... go figure.
no, I give the team the credit. Mexico plays outsanding team football, but their individual players apparently are not good enough to make it in the European leagues.


I hate playing the 'if' game, but 'if' Blanco had been on that squad... your team would have been the odd man out... But because LaVolpe couldn't put his childish ego aside, he ended up hurting his chances... ohh but his son-in-law just had to be on the team... pathetic... or should I say political.
pleeeeaaasseee! spare us the tantrum (and I mean it figuratively and not that you are ACTUALLY having a tantrum if you can grasp the concept) 'if' blanco would have been on your team perhaps you would have won, perhaps not. Like I said Mexico played a great game, but to claim you would have definately won is the mark of bitterness which you clearly are full of.


Note I said Mexico's DEFENDERS.... our offense was about as futile as yours.
This is what you said


Your superstars did nothing against Mexico... absolutely nothing... it took a miraculous goal by Maxi to bail you all out... Our defenders constantly stole the ball from your midfielders and strikers and made it look easy...
if our superstars did nothing against Mexico then how come Mexico didn't win? you can sugarcoat it all you want but what you are diong here is 'crying'. Its true Mexico could have won, which doesn't mean you deserved to win more than us. Also, its bullshit that Mexico made it look easy... pfff easy my ass, you suffered as much as we did. As you're so fond of putting it Mexico has a tendency of playing down to their opponents level, well guess what, so does Argentina.



Nevertheless by your logic, Argentina's so called 'superstars' should be able to run circles around Mexico's mediocre players... so either your superstars are not really super, or you would need to deservedly credit Mexico's players. Which is it???
Now who is the one blowing shit out of proportion?? so now if I don't think the Mexican team has supertars I'm saying they are mediocre?? give me a break! You demanding respect that you should be earning instead. When your players start achieving the success needed to become superstars then they'll be regarded as such.


I know you will refuse to do the latter... And unfortunately, I realize that I can't really substantiate anything I've said in this thread until Mexico can prove it with a victory. But it won't be long before Mexico knocks Argentina off of some tournament... it's coming. Mexico's U-17 World Championship is a positive sign of that.
thats right, you haven't done shit, and neither have your 'stars', so until they do, stop demanding respect. Yes, the day might come when Mexico knocks Argentina off of some tournament, no doubt about it, and that STILL won't make your players superstars. WIN A TOURNAMENT once in a while and THEN we'll talk.

By the way, I'm laughing my ass off you having to resort to an under-17 tournament in hopes that maybe then you could beat us http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif


Oh and the stats you pointed out don't paint the complete picture... Argentina started making time after Maxi's goal and swung the possesion percentage around... but during the regulation period Mexico played at their tempo... not Argentina's. And I can think of about 3 plays that would have ended with Mexican shots on goal that were instead killed by desperation Argentinean fouls... The Scaloni one on Zinha was atrocious (after he had zig-zaged through 5 Argentineans) as was the Heinz foul on Castro...
I see, and what about our side? what about all the Argentina shots that could have been goals and weren't? but I guess you only see the ball when a Mexican is kicking it. I can count 4 times where we could have scored and didn't. Let's not forget the ref disallowed a goal that was ACTUALLY a legit goal, so if you want to play the 'if' game, we should start there.


True... that is a matter of opinion, I won't deny it. But I'm not saying this to suit my argument... I honestly believe Gaitan and Delgado to be better players than Cambiasso... Also, I seriously doubt that you have seen enough of Gaitan's play lately to even compare the two objectively.

And you very well know that an important aspect of a player's exposure also includes a 'what have you done for me lately' attribute. Argentina doesn't get it with Chelito anymore... which is why he has faded from their preference... and not because somehow he has lost his talent, at the prime of his career no less.
you're right, I haven't followed Gaitan as of late, although I doubt he could have improved enough to outplay Cambiasso. Delgado had a chance to shine on our national league and he didn't, instead he went to Mexico where he is now regarded as a star (what does that tell you?), and although I do believe he is good enough to be considered for our national team, to say that he was overlooked simply because here in Argentina we don't care about Mexican football is stupid and frankly coming from you homerism at its highest denomination.

Phenomanul
06-28-2006, 05:36 PM
WIN A TOURNAMENT once in a while and THEN we'll talk.

That's what it boils down to and I know it... I've always said it... That you feel I'm trying to claim otherwise is unsubstantiated.

But go ahead and gloat... it shows your true colors... Kick a man while he's down you arrogant jerk.


By the way, I'm laughing my ass off you having to resort to an under-17 tournament in hopes that maybe then you could beat us http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif

"Ohhh no, but Argentineans are not arrogant, it's not true, you're wrong about us".... baloney... you do little to disuade my original perception that most Argentineans are much like you and Scaloni and less like Manu or Saviola...

I said it was a start. I didn't claim it would happen overnight. On a side note, where did Argentina place in that tournament?


I see, and what about our side? what about all the Argentina shots that could have been goals and weren't? but I guess you only see the ball when a Mexican is kicking it. I can count 4 times where we could have scored and didn't.

I don't remember the Mexican side resorting to desperation fouls after being beat defensively... The Argentineans did... several times. And if they got away with that style kudos to them... that's the way soccer is.

I have the game TiVo'd but I really don't need to see it again to call 'bull' on your tally... And I'm no homer or else I wouldn't criticize the team as I do.


Let's not forget the ref disallowed a goal that was ACTUALLY a legit goal, so if you want to play the 'if' game, we should start there.


OK let's... but how about we rewind 35 minutes to the point where Argentina ends up with 10 men... at that point in the game Mexico had 55% ball possesion to Argentina's 45%. I can't predict what would have happened... All I know is Argentina was given as big a break at that point of the game as Mexico was with the nullified goal later... because it allowed you to get back into the flow of the game. And had you all been left with only 10 men, that would have been close to impossible. But what's in the past is done... and I'm over it.

I just don't understand your reluctance to give credit where credit is due...

Thanks to you Germany now has another fan. :lol

Go Deutchland!!!

One last thing... If you feel compelled to defend European football's well documented racism, or ignore the impact that said prejudices bear on others... don't assume you have it all figured out, or that others are just making it up... be part of the solution not part of the problem.

Read Hugo Sanchez' autobiography...

NASpurs
06-28-2006, 05:39 PM
Geez guys, this isn't the political forum :lol Keep it down to five lines or less, thanks :p

Phenomanul
06-28-2006, 06:06 PM
Uh oh... here comes another cursed filled response...

I will say this.

Since like forever Argentinean fútbol >>>> Mexican fútbol.

I know it, everybody's momma knows it... What else is there to say.


I don't need for MaNuMaNiA to acknowledge the fact that individual Mexicans are decent enough to play in Europe. He's entitled to his opinion. I just don't believe he knows enough about Mexican football to make that call as a substantiated fact... that is all.

Peace... :fro









oh and

























Go Deutchland!!!!!

MaNuMaNiAc
06-28-2006, 06:11 PM
That's what it boils down to and I know it... I've always said it... That you feel I'm trying to claim otherwise is unsubstantiated.

But go ahead and gloat... it shows your true colors... Kick a man while he's down you arrogant jerk.

arrogant?? you're the dumbass claiming Mexico made it look easy, and that we won by luck. I acknowledged that Mexico played a great game, what the fuck else do you want me to say? that Mexico is a football powerhouse? give me a fucking break


don't remember the Mexican side resorting to desperation fouls after being beat defensively... The Argentineans did... several times. And if they got away with that style kudos to them... that's the way soccer is.
yes, thats why Argentina has 23 fouls to Mexico's 28, right? oh but thats right, the ref robbed Mexico.


I have the game TiVo'd but I really don't need to see it again to call 'bull' on your tally... And I'm no homer or else I wouldn't criticize the team as I do.
you can call bull all you want jackass, doesn't me you're right. We had as many chances of scoring goals as you did, and in FACT scored more of them.


OK let's... but how about we rewind 35 minutes to the point where Argentina ends up with 10 men... at that point in the game Mexico had 55% ball possesion to Argentina's 45%. I can't predict what would have happened... All I know is Argentina was given as big a break at that point of the game as Mexico was with the nullified goal later... because it allowed you to get back into the flow of the game. And had you all been left with only 10 men, that would have been close to impossible. But what's in the past is done... and I'm over it.
yeah sure you are


I just don't understand your reluctance to give credit where credit is due...
damn, what more credit do you want me to give?? I've already said Mexico played a great game, and they are a great team. No that's not enough for you, is it? FACE IT! YOU DON'T HAVE SUPERSTARS! You are a great team with lots of talent, but NO SUPERSTARS!


Thanks to you Germany now has another fan. :lol

Go Deutchland!!!

:lmao @ you thinking I really give a fuck. Half of Mexico turned Germany fan when they lost to us.


One last thing... If you feel compelled to defend European football's well documented racism, or ignore the impact that said prejudices bear on others... don't assume you have it all figured out, or that others are just making it up... be part of the solution not part of the problem.

I'm not defending European racism, I'm saying that racism is not the main reason Mexican's can't cut it in Europe like you want to claim. Ofcourse there is racism, and ofcourse it needs to be erradicated.


Read Hugo Sanchez' autobiography...
I actually will now, I'm interested.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-28-2006, 06:14 PM
Uh oh... here comes another cursed filled response...

well what do you expect??? you call me an arrogant jerk, and god forbid I curse at you http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif You're laughable

Phenomanul
06-28-2006, 06:23 PM
well what do you expect??? you call me an arrogant jerk, and god forbid I curse at you http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif You're laughable


That's only after you called me a b****.

I've got nothing else to say to you. May the best team win on Friday.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-28-2006, 06:26 PM
That's only after you called me a b****.

I've got nothing else to say to you. May the best team win on Friday.
Thank you!! I was getting a bit tired of your thousand word rants. May the best team win on Friday indeed

Petite Française bis
06-28-2006, 06:45 PM
HAMELIN, Germany, June 28 (Reuters) - Spain supporters made a mistake by not showing France enough respect, Les Bleus coach Raymond Domenech said on Wednesday.

The French anthem was booed by the Spanish fans before France beat Spain 3-1 in a World Cup second round match in Hanover on Tuesday.

Domenech also suggested that some Spain supporters had made monkey noises when the bus carrying the France players arrived at the stadium.

"When I hear monkey noises made around the team bus or whistles during the anthem, I just don't listen," Domenech said.



"A football player is all about pride. When you hurt that, you make a mistake.

"We use all we can to motivate players. When our opponents give us extra motivation, it's even better."

Bob Lanier
06-28-2006, 07:43 PM
Wonderful. The Spanish never change.

nkdlunch
06-28-2006, 10:40 PM
please make ur own thread about the argentine vs. mexican bullshit. PLEASE!!!!

Spurologist
06-28-2006, 11:57 PM
Controversial refs Poll and Ivanov dropped

Graham Poll has paid the price for his yellow-card blunder by being named among the 14 referees sent home from the World Cup.


FIFA's referees committee today announced the 12 match officials who will be retained to be in contention to take charge of the remaining eight games of the tournament.


Poll, the official from Tring who booked the same player three times during the Croatia v Australia match, is not among them and neither is Russian Valentin Ivanov after he set a record by showing 16 yellow and four red cards during the Portugal v Holland match.

They will both leave Germany on Friday and return home.

Meanwhile, Argentina's Horacio Elizondo has been named as the referee in charge of England's quarter-final against Portugal on Saturday.

Elizondo created controversy during South Korea's match v Switzerland when he over-ruled his linesman's offside flag and allowed Alexander Frei to make it 2-0.

The official correctly spotted the ball had come off the leg of a Korean defender but he was surrounded by angry players after allowing the goal.

The 12 referees retained are: Toru Kamikawa (Japan), Coffi Codjia (Benin), Benito Archundia (Mexico), Horacio Elizondo (Argentina), Jorge Larrionda (Uruguay), Mark Shield (Australia), Massimo Busacca (Switzerland), Frank de Bleeckere (Belgium), Luis Medina Cantalejo (Spain), Markus Merk (Germany), Lubos Michel (Slovakia), Roberto Rosetti (Italy).

Michel has been appointed to referee Germany v Argentina on Friday, de Bleeckere will take charge of Italy v Ukraine on the same day, while Cantalejo will officiate the Brazil v France game on Saturday.

http://pub.tv2.no/multimedia/na/archive/00150/Valentin_Ivanov__do_150062a.jpg http://www.upthearse.net/images/kpp/punchbag/poll1.jpg

Goodbye BITCHES

polandprzem
06-29-2006, 01:39 AM
In Poland one guy jumped of the window after seeing how our team is playing....

Phenomanul
06-29-2006, 11:01 AM
Controversial refs Poll and Ivanov dropped

Graham Poll has paid the price for his yellow-card blunder by being named among the 14 referees sent home from the World Cup.


FIFA's referees committee today announced the 12 match officials who will be retained to be in contention to take charge of the remaining eight games of the tournament.


Poll, the official from Tring who booked the same player three times during the Croatia v Australia match, is not among them and neither is Russian Valentin Ivanov after he set a record by showing 16 yellow and four red cards during the Portugal v Holland match.

They will both leave Germany on Friday and return home.

Meanwhile, Argentina's Horacio Elizondo has been named as the referee in charge of England's quarter-final against Portugal on Saturday.

Elizondo created controversy during South Korea's match v Switzerland when he over-ruled his linesman's offside flag and allowed Alexander Frei to make it 2-0.

The official correctly spotted the ball had come off the leg of a Korean defender but he was surrounded by angry players after allowing the goal.

The 12 referees retained are: Toru Kamikawa (Japan), Coffi Codjia (Benin), Benito Archundia (Mexico), Horacio Elizondo (Argentina), Jorge Larrionda (Uruguay), Mark Shield (Australia), Massimo Busacca (Switzerland), Frank de Bleeckere (Belgium), Luis Medina Cantalejo (Spain), Markus Merk (Germany), Lubos Michel (Slovakia), Roberto Rosetti (Italy).

Michel has been appointed to referee Germany v Argentina on Friday, de Bleeckere will take charge of Italy v Ukraine on the same day, while Cantalejo will officiate the Brazil v France game on Saturday.

http://pub.tv2.no/multimedia/na/archive/00150/Valentin_Ivanov__do_150062a.jpg http://www.upthearse.net/images/kpp/punchbag/poll1.jpg

Goodbye BITCHES


That's good news.

Phenomanul
06-29-2006, 11:03 AM
HAMELIN, Germany, June 28 (Reuters) - Spain supporters made a mistake by not showing France enough respect, Les Bleus coach Raymond Domenech said on Wednesday.

The French anthem was booed by the Spanish fans before France beat Spain 3-1 in a World Cup second round match in Hanover on Tuesday.

Domenech also suggested that some Spain supporters had made monkey noises when the bus carrying the France players arrived at the stadium.

"When I hear monkey noises made around the team bus or whistles during the anthem, I just don't listen," Domenech said.



"A football player is all about pride. When you hurt that, you make a mistake.

"We use all we can to motivate players. When our opponents give us extra motivation, it's even better."

I don't see how some can claim with absolutism that dealing with racism is not a deterrent to playing in Spain or Germany???

Oh well.

It's good that the French humiliated the Spaniards.

polandprzem
06-29-2006, 12:33 PM
I don't see how some can claim with absolutism that dealing with racism is not a deterrent to playing in Spain or Germany???

Oh well.

It's good that the French humiliated the Spaniards.

Well it is not a one or two countries problem.

It is a global problem. Now when all the rasess are being mixed it is comfortable for many ppl to be in "otherskinned" company.
And then we've got situations like that. The monkey noises or throwing bananas into the playing field.
We've got rases fights , we've got religius fights. It's just fucked up

Texas_Ranger
06-29-2006, 01:31 PM
Germany - Argentina 2-0

Argentina will not win because Germany is in better form and they are more motivated that Argentina, and I think that Germany played better so far than ARG.

Italy - Ukraine 2-0

Italy will have some problems in defense because Nesta & Materazzi will not play, but they will win because of better offense. Luca Toni, Totti, Gilardino, Inzaghi, Del Piero > Shevchenko, Voronin, Vorobey, Kalichenko

England - Portugal 0-2

England didn`t show nothing so far, Portugal on the other site played great. Luiz Felipe Scolari did not lose on the WC so far, so he`s got 11 straight wins (0 draws). ENG can win just if they will play more offensefly, but if they will play just with Rooney they have no chance. They have problem because Owen can not play. So ENG offense looks like that: Rooney -70%, he is still injured and he can not play 100%.
Then here is Crouch - He is to tall, so Portugal defense will stop him. Then Owen who is injured and Walcott which played just 1 game for ENG. On other side Deco will not play and that is the bigest problem for POR.

Brazil - France 3-0

BRA will show all the power agains FRA, they are angry because they had lost in 98 finals. France team is pretty old, I will not say that BRA team is not old, but their players have more talent. We will see some good offense on the both sites, Adriano, Ronaldo, Robinho, Henry, Trezeguet and Wiltord in the game. I barely am waiting for the game to start.

That is my opinion of the 1/4 finals.

nkdlunch
06-29-2006, 01:38 PM
Germany 2 - Argentina 1

Germany will get help from Fifa refs and their locality. I will be rooting for Argentina in full force.

Italy 1 - Ukraine 1

Italy will win in penalty shots cause its the way it is written.

England 1 - Portugal 2

IF Portuguese are in good shape since that game w/the dirty Dutch, they should beat England.

Brasil 2 - France 2

Brasil will play selfish and will underestimate opponent again. Brasil will win in penalty shots cause that's the way its written.



Go Argentina, If Argentina wins I'll be one happy and $$ motherfucker

austinfan
06-29-2006, 01:45 PM
It looks like Robinho is fully recovered from his thigh injury, so I expect that Parreira will have him start instead of Adriano. As a result, I think we'll see a much faster game with better passing, more akin to the game against Japan, and with Ronaldinho more involved. (That's the great thing about Robinho: how he forms an effective link between the midfield and the attack. Adriano simply doesn't have the technical skills or vision to do that. That's why Ronaldinho doesn't perform as well in games where Adriano plays, because there's no one to help him set up plays to deliver to Ronaldo.)

It also looks like Gilberto Silva will be in for the creaky Emerson and Juninho Pernambucano in for Kaká. Both of the starters picked up relatively minor knee injuries against Ghana.

nkdlunch
06-29-2006, 01:46 PM
No kaka is very bad for Brasil. him and cafu have been their best player.

Texas_Ranger
06-29-2006, 02:31 PM
Adriano and Ronaldo in first 11. Robinho plays better when he comes from the bench.

austinfan
06-29-2006, 02:50 PM
Adriano and Ronaldo in first 11. Robinho plays better when he comes from the bench.

I disagree. Japan x Brazil was the one game where Robinho started (and played the full 90 minutes), and Brazil was markedly better. Yes, I know, we're talking Japan, but it was the only game where Brazil played their trademark style, and Robinho imo was the reason for it. Adriano needs plays delivered to him on a silver platter in order to score a goal, and even then he'll often ruin it with clumsy offsides moves (he was lucky to get away with that goal at the end of the first half against Ghana). If Robinho starts on Saturday, you'll see a more fluid, faster game, probably early scoring, and France will struggle to keep up.

polandprzem
06-29-2006, 02:58 PM
arg-germs 4:2
Italy- Ukraine 2:1


The Germans are in a row but we will see a supermotivated argentinians IMO and that's gonna get them go crushing the rivals to the end of WC.

Spurologist
06-29-2006, 03:23 PM
Adriano and Ronaldo in first 11. Robinho plays better when he comes from the bench.

1. Robinho is Brazil's best striker. Don't let Ronaldo's goals deceive you
2. It doesn't matte whether Robihno comes off the bench or not. He will be equally dominate. He has gotton better in each game. As someone mentioned, Robinho played very well when he started against Japan.
3. If Robinho is going to rest on the bench, I can only pray that FIBA makes Brazil a two team country. A Brazil vs. Brazil final would be nice. Damn someone in Brazil need to send me their practice tapes.

nkdlunch
06-29-2006, 03:43 PM
Robinho is Ronaldo's mini-me. He will never get 15+ goals in WC games. IMO he is overhyped.

austinfan
06-29-2006, 03:48 PM
Robinho is Ronaldo's mini-me. He will never get 15+ goals in WC games. IMO he is overhyped.

But no one's asking Robinho to be another Ronaldo. In fact, that's the problem with the Ronaldo-Adriano combo: Adriano is Ronaldo, minus the finishing and the genius touch. There's no balance there.

The reason Robinho is so crucial to the attack is that he is very quick at tracking back to receive plays from the midfield (something neither Adriano nor Ronaldo do), and is great at serving as the link between Ronaldinho and Ronaldo.

He's really one of the most essential elements on the Brazilian squad, in his ability to link the midfield with the attack. I don't care if he scores a goal all Cup, as long as he keeps setting up beautiful goals for the Fat One and his other teammates.

nkdlunch
06-29-2006, 03:59 PM
But no one's asking Robinho to be another Ronaldo. In fact, that's the problem with the Ronaldo-Adriano combo: Adriano is Ronaldo, minus the finishing and the genius touch. There's no balance there.

The reason Robinho is so crucial to the attack is that he is very quick at tracking back to receive plays from the midfield (something neither Adriano nor Ronaldo do), and is great at serving as the link between Ronaldinho and Ronaldo.

He's really one of the most essential elements on the Brazilian squad, in his ability to link the midfield with the attack. I don't care if he scores a goal all Cup, as long as he keeps setting up beautiful goals for the Fat One and his other teammates.

Ok. So u're saying Robinho is no Ronaldo and Adriano is no Ronaldo. That would make Ronaldo unique and most essential in Brazil's offense, more than Robinho.

alamo50
06-29-2006, 04:03 PM
ARGENTINA, ARGENTINA, ARGENTINA!!!

:smokin

austinfan
06-29-2006, 04:07 PM
Ok. So u're saying Robinho is no Ronaldo and Adriano is no Ronaldo. That would make Ronaldo unique and most essential in Brazil's offense, more than Robinho.

I'm just saying that with a Robinho-Ronaldo combo you don't have any redundancy and they're both necessary in their different ways: Ronaldo to receive the various passes and do his magic in the box, Robinho to help deliver those passes.

Obviously Ronaldo is a far superior player to Robinho, but in order for this particular team to function as a whole, Robinho is an integral part. Although, yes, Ronaldo is the most essential player on that team. Even overweight, even slowed down, he is still the one who finishes for them. If he weren't playing well, Brazil would have only a slim chance of making it to the Final.

cheguevara
06-29-2006, 04:41 PM
http://www.lanacion.com.ar/anexos/imagen/06/538203.JPG


"Each one of us have a job to do, some defend, one guards the net, some score; I must HAVE the ball." - Riquelme


Go Riquelme!

Phenomanul
06-29-2006, 04:44 PM
That's a cool pic...

Duncan21
06-29-2006, 04:48 PM
http://home.skysports.com/worldcup/homearticle.aspx?hlid=399390&CPID=4&clid=&lid=13&title=Poll+ends+international+career

this is not good news Graham Poll is a good ref, ok he made one big mistake but he is human. Graham Poll is a good ref!

at least he hasn't retired from refing altogether!

Streakyshooter08
06-29-2006, 05:11 PM
ARGENTINA, ARGENTINA, ARGENTINA!!!

:smokin


:depressed

MaNuMaNiAc
06-29-2006, 06:18 PM
ARGENTINA, ARGENTINA, ARGENTINA!!!

:smokin
http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif :tu

scott
06-29-2006, 06:38 PM
ARGENTINA, ARGENTINA, ARGENTINA!!!

:smokin

WTF? Piss of Dutchy

Bob Lanier
06-29-2006, 07:43 PM
13 hours, 17 minutes until Argentina starts whipping Deutschland's ass. :smokin

ALVAREZ6
06-29-2006, 08:32 PM
13 hours, 17 minutes until Argentina starts whipping Deutschland's ass. :smokin
:tu

MaNuMaNiAc
06-29-2006, 08:41 PM
Germany 1 - Argentina 2

Italy 1 - 0 Ukraine

England 0 - Portugal 1

Brasil 3 - 0 France

resistanze
06-29-2006, 10:05 PM
Fucking people call me in to work, gonna have to catch the rerun. I'll catch the 2nd half of Italy/Ukraine (I wish GER/ARG played later!!!)

scott
06-29-2006, 10:12 PM
So how many people am I up against in this avatar bet?

Unfortunately I'll have to follow along on MSNBC tomorrow at work... :(

scott
06-29-2006, 10:13 PM
Oh yeah.

Germany 6 - Argentina 0








:devil

Stahlkugeln
06-29-2006, 10:24 PM
13 hours, 17 minutes until Argentina starts whipping Deutschland's ass. :smokin

Elf uhren bis Deutschland beherrscht südlich Wops.

Phenomanul
06-29-2006, 10:35 PM
So how many people am I up against in this avatar bet?

Unfortunately I'll have to follow along on MSNBC tomorrow at work... :(


I bought a small LCD antenna TV last week to catch parts of the games during work... I flick it on and off every 5 minutes or so...

scott
06-29-2006, 10:47 PM
I bought a small LCD antenna TV last week to catch parts of the games during work... I flick it on and off every 5 minutes or so...

Sadly I don't sit on our trading floor anymore, otherwise I'd just be able to flip it onto one of the TVs... :(

Phenomanul
06-29-2006, 10:51 PM
Sadly I don't sit on our trading floor anymore, otherwise I'd just be able to flip it onto one of the TVs... :(


Thank GOD for TiVO....

spurschick
06-29-2006, 10:55 PM
http://www.spurschick.com/argentina.gif

Bob Lanier
06-29-2006, 11:01 PM
Elf uhren bis Deutschland beherrscht südlich Wops.
Nice. Very nice. :lol

Horry For 3!
06-30-2006, 01:07 AM
What time does the Germany-Argentina game start?

austinfan
06-30-2006, 06:29 AM
^10:00 a.m. Central time.

Go Argentina!

ALVAREZ6
06-30-2006, 06:45 AM
http://www.spurschick.com/argentina.gif

http://www.spurschick.com/argentina.gif

http://www.spurschick.com/argentina.gif

http://www.spurschick.com/argentina.gif

http://www.spurschick.com/argentina.gif

http://www.spurschick.com/argentina.gif

http://www.spurschick.com/argentina.gif

http://www.spurschick.com/argentina.gif

polandprzem
06-30-2006, 08:30 AM
Germany have a better chance to win this one. Klose is on his best and Podolski is fantastic. They play great controlled ball on defense and it will be realy difficult for Saviola to get through this defense. They need more power a machine whose name is Tevez.
Talking about Germany - they are playing better and better. Their firts game was the worst and the last was the best, so I'm realy intrested how they will come out.

Argentina must to use more wings and Riquelme must to play as it is the last game to him. maybe Aimar will be the cure?
I'm not happy with Messi, he is not playing well. The best player so far is probably Cambiasso and let it be.
Damn I miss Zanetti and Veron :(

MaNuMaNiAc
06-30-2006, 08:50 AM
Germany have a better chance to win this one. Klose is on his best and Podolski is fantastic. They play great controlled ball on defense and it will be realy difficult for Saviola to get through this defense. They need more power a machine whose name is Tevez.
Talking about Germany - they are playing better and better. Their firts game was the worst and the last was the best, so I'm realy intrested how they will come out.

Argentina must to use more wings and Riquelme must to play as it is the last game to him. maybe Aimar will be the cure?
I'm not happy with Messi, he is not playing well. The best player so far is probably Cambiasso and let it be.
Damn I miss Zanetti and Veron :(
best player is Cambiasso?? what games have you been watching? It hink Ayala has been the more consistent one, with Mascherano being the best. However one could make a case for Saviola as well.

By the way, what defence?? Germany has a lousy defense, their entire game is based on keeping the ball midfield and up, not to mention their midfieldiers are big and slow. I'm not worried about their defense, we've got more than enough offensive talent to score against Germany. Having said that, their offense would scare the hell out of anyone with eyes http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif I'm thinking if Argentina can improve this crap of a defence we've played so far, we will be able to contain Germany, otherwise we be dead.

polandprzem
06-30-2006, 09:09 AM
I'm talking about this cold keeping ball element.
The Poles couldn't make one single ofensive action.

The game can be won on the midfoeld cause Germs (hehe) will probably want to stay out of their D causeing Argentina to shoot from the distance. Argentina have to attack also, so it can be a battle of offside traps. One mistake and bam!

And I have a bet with Dad. He said there is NO WAY Argentina wins it.

WalterBenitez
06-30-2006, 09:25 AM
Okey people I am getting nervous about this game, I always tought I am not so passionate about football, but wtf .. I AM ... so I only hope ARG defeats the germans ... god helped us avoiding Dirk getting the ring why not defeating them in their own house!!!

MaNuMaNiAc
06-30-2006, 09:28 AM
This can't be good for me. I get so nervous in games like this I'm going to get an ulcer!

ALVAREZ6
06-30-2006, 09:33 AM
Jose Pekerman better not wait until the last moment to put in the all around stud Lionel Messi, and the machine Carlos Tevez.

austinfan
06-30-2006, 09:35 AM
^I thought I read that Tevez is starting?

Edit:
Here's the line-up for Argentina:
G ABBONDANZIERI Roberto
D AYALA Roberto
D SORIN Juan (C)
D COLOCCINI Fabricio
D HEINZE Gabriel
DM MASCHERANO Javier
M GONZALEZ Luis
M RIQUELME Juan
M RODRIGUEZ Maxi
F CRESPO Hernan
F TEVEZ Carlos

ALVAREZ6
06-30-2006, 09:40 AM
I did not know that.


I hope he can manage to score early.

WalterBenitez
06-30-2006, 09:46 AM
I hope he can manage to score early.

Oh man i hope I can manage/handle or whatever my nervous ... my heart is bitin' faster and faster ... I love this f...g environment :blah

MaNuMaNiAc
06-30-2006, 09:51 AM
wow... I really don't know but I'm preety sure if we lose there are going to be some mass suicides up in here! :lol

polandprzem
06-30-2006, 09:52 AM
I did not know that.

That's a shame for Argentina.
You shouldn't use that flag.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-30-2006, 09:53 AM
When the game starts I'm not posting until there is either a goal or when we win. If we lose, I'll be too fucking depressed to post today :lol

velik_m
06-30-2006, 09:56 AM
Go Argentina! Flop those Polish err... i mean German asses out of tournament!

polandprzem
06-30-2006, 09:57 AM
When the game starts I'm not posting until there is either a goal or when we win. If we lose, I'll be too fucking depressed to post today :lol

Shit - I'm not posting I'm watching the game.
I'll be here at halftime

WalterBenitez
06-30-2006, 09:57 AM
wow... I really don't know but I'm preety sure if we lose there are going to be some mass suicides up in here! :lol

Holy shit I am singing the National Song!! :elephant

polandprzem
06-30-2006, 09:58 AM
Go Argentina! Flop those Polish err... i mean German asses out of tournament!

Now you are in trouble man :cuss

polandprzem
06-30-2006, 09:58 AM
Holy shit I am singing the National Song!! :elephant
:lol

You meant anthem ?

polandprzem
06-30-2006, 09:59 AM
Here We Go!

polandprzem
06-30-2006, 09:59 AM
Velik You Are Done On This Forum

Spurologist
06-30-2006, 10:03 AM
200 vbucks for me

velik_m
06-30-2006, 10:04 AM
there goes my vbookie. fucking podolski...

Spurologist
06-30-2006, 10:11 AM
:lmao

Only 1 European host has missed going to the semi finals. You guessed right. It is Spain.

MannyIsGod
06-30-2006, 10:17 AM
Pretty intense so far.

spurschick
06-30-2006, 10:19 AM
I have to remember to breathe. :lol

Spurologist
06-30-2006, 10:28 AM
It will be entertaining to watch Chelsea even more this season. Hate them or not

Ballack
Drogba
Crespo
Shevchenko
Essien
Makelele
Arjen Robben
Geremi
Lampard
Kalou

That attacking power is unreal

polandprzem
06-30-2006, 10:38 AM
Where the fuck is your offense Manumania?

Boring game.

Spurologist
06-30-2006, 10:39 AM
Tevez is selfish. Riquelme was wide open on the right. One two touch and it might be a goal

polandprzem
06-30-2006, 10:46 AM
Dis a fuckin' pointment

MaNuMaNiAc
06-30-2006, 10:49 AM
Where the fuck is your offense Manumania?

Boring game.
fuck that! as long as we contain their offense, and we have, completely, I'm happy! the goal will come don't worry. Patience is a virtue

WalterBenitez
06-30-2006, 10:49 AM
should I say that ARG is "k"loser?

velik_m
06-30-2006, 10:50 AM
Velik You Are Done On This Forum

chill... :smokin just making fun of the fact that German attack is completely Polish.

velik_m
06-30-2006, 10:51 AM
Where the fuck is your offense Manumania?

Boring game.

Better question: where the fuck is Germany?

i almost fell asleep.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-30-2006, 10:51 AM
Dis a fuckin' pointment
you're bitching because you lost a shitload of vBookie http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif

WalterBenitez
06-30-2006, 10:52 AM
GER will start this second half pushing its game, but ... be ready for Crespo, Tevez and why not ... Saviola

MaNuMaNiAc
06-30-2006, 10:53 AM
Better question: where the fuck is Germany?

i almost fell asleep.
I'll tell you where Germany is, CRAMED into their half of the field http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif Seriously, why the fuck aren't they playing the football they played before? I predict an all out German attack in the second period, hopefully this Argentinian defence can keep it up.

polandprzem
06-30-2006, 10:55 AM
chill... :smokin just making fun of the fact that German attack is completely Polish.

chill .... :smokin just making fun of the fact that you said that German attack is compeletely Polish.

WalterBenitez
06-30-2006, 10:56 AM
GER is Ballak without him the rest only is looking for figth ... that Ballak is fucking good ... besides that .... a 0-0 with a european refs be ready for a non exist penalty around 85 mins ... I told you that ...

polandprzem
06-30-2006, 10:58 AM
Manumaiania you seems so happy.
Yeah :rolleyes I lost the vbookie money cause SArgentina plays like shit. They had one or none shots , cause I don't remember correctly ?

Sorin is striker and defensor? He is not young to handle the overtime minutes again

polandprzem
06-30-2006, 10:59 AM
I lost the first goeal vbookie and the total goals in two matches. I though that this game will cover the whole bet :pctoss

At least the card bet was good.

And now the Dad's bet - who will win.
I'm going to sleep and I will woke up for penalties

velik_m
06-30-2006, 11:00 AM
GER is Ballak without him the rest only is looking for figth ... that Ballak is fucking good ... besides that .... a 0-0 with a european refs be ready for a non exist penalty around 85 mins ... I told you that ...

Balack is fucking overrated.

WalterBenitez
06-30-2006, 11:01 AM
so ... Let's go ARG ... come make a f..g goal ... I'd love to see Messi ... between those big boys ....

MaNuMaNiAc
06-30-2006, 11:06 AM
Gooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal!!! !!!!!!!!!

Spurologist
06-30-2006, 11:06 AM
Goal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MaNuMaNiAc
06-30-2006, 11:07 AM
Told you the goal would come!!

Spurologist
06-30-2006, 11:07 AM
Either Argentinian fans are extremely passionate or are on steroids

velik_m
06-30-2006, 11:07 AM
now the game will get interesting!

spurschick
06-30-2006, 11:08 AM
:elephant :elephant :elephant http://www.spurschick.com/argentina.gif :elephant :elephant :elephant

Between the WC and watching the team at the FIBA U18, it's just a cornucopia of good times for the Argies.

Spurologist
06-30-2006, 11:11 AM
the game is now 100% BETTER

Spurologist
06-30-2006, 11:21 AM
Ballack is now an overrated pussy

MaNuMaNiAc
06-30-2006, 11:21 AM
Theres the Argentinian defence we've all come to hate! WHAT THE FUCK ARE THEY DOING!!!

velik_m
06-30-2006, 11:23 AM
what the fuck is your goalkeeper doing??

polandprzem
06-30-2006, 11:24 AM
WTF are those Manumanians doing?

Germany started to play

Still no ofense on ARG.
One shot on goal?

Spurologist
06-30-2006, 11:28 AM
If Argentina best goalkeeper in the WC sucks that badly, I wonder how the #2 will look.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-30-2006, 11:29 AM
we're fucked

polandprzem
06-30-2006, 11:30 AM
If Argentina best goalkeeper in the WC sucks that badly, I wonder how the #2 will look.

You have the chance

Spurologist
06-30-2006, 11:30 AM
tevez should have taken the shot

:lol I called him unselfish when he lost the ball, but he needed to shoot there.

polandprzem
06-30-2006, 11:31 AM
Fuckers were throwing cups at Ambonazierii

Spurologist
06-30-2006, 11:32 AM
Prefessional divers GALORE

spurschick
06-30-2006, 11:32 AM
What the hell just happened? Why did they take Abondonzierri out?

MaNuMaNiAc
06-30-2006, 11:32 AM
WTF that wasn't a foul!!!

Spurologist
06-30-2006, 11:32 AM
The ref is fucked in the head.

Spurologist
06-30-2006, 11:33 AM
What the hell just happened? Why did they take Abondonzierri out?

If that's the GK, it was because he was hit in the rib area earlier in the game by Klose. He never quite recovered

spurschick
06-30-2006, 11:34 AM
If that's the GK, it was because he was hit in the rib area earlier in the game by Klose. He never quite recovered

Ah - well that sucks.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-30-2006, 11:36 AM
Pekerman is an ass!!!

rascal
06-30-2006, 11:37 AM
I want Argentina to win but I still can't see germany losing this game. There will be some stupid call and a red card giving the Germans a player advantage. then it will be all defense for Argentina and they won't hang on. Hope it doesn't end this way.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-30-2006, 11:37 AM
bound to happen

polandprzem
06-30-2006, 11:37 AM
Now you have it

MaNuMaNiAc
06-30-2006, 11:38 AM
Argentina was playing like crap and Pekerman doesn't know shit about substitutions

Spurologist
06-30-2006, 11:38 AM
wasn't that coming ?

polandprzem
06-30-2006, 11:38 AM
bound to happen

Realy myster confident?

Spurologist
06-30-2006, 11:39 AM
Questionable coaching moves. The coach will be fired if he doesn't win this game. That is all

spurschick
06-30-2006, 11:39 AM
Crap - now I have to leave and won't be able to see the end of the game. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-30-2006, 11:40 AM
I swear Pekerman is a fucking moron!

MaNuMaNiAc
06-30-2006, 11:40 AM
Realy myster confident?
dude, what the fuck is your problem bitch?

Stahlkugeln
06-30-2006, 11:43 AM
Blitzkrieg, mutterficher.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-30-2006, 11:44 AM
Pekerman is responsible for killing any fucking chance we had of winning this shit. Putting fucking Cruz instead of Messi...

Spurologist
06-30-2006, 11:45 AM
Tevez needs to provide a moment of magic

Spurologist
06-30-2006, 11:46 AM
that's not a yellow card. There was some contact by not enough for a penalty. No yellow though

MaNuMaNiAc
06-30-2006, 11:47 AM
Come on Cruz, PROVE ME FUCKING WRONG~!!!!!

MaNuMaNiAc
06-30-2006, 11:52 AM
Pekerman doesn't know how to fucking use substitutions!!!

austinfan
06-30-2006, 11:54 AM
What was Pekerman thinking when he subbed in Cruz? There were still 10 minutes to go, you're playing against Germany of all teams, and on their home field. He got way too confident. It's a crime that Messi has to sit on the bench for 30 minutes now and can't do a damn thing about it. :(

polandprzem
06-30-2006, 11:54 AM
dude, what the fuck is your problem bitch?

:lol


Pekerman doesn't know how to fucking use substitutions!!!

Pekerman is responsible for killing any fucking chance we had of winning this shit. Putting fucking Cruz instead of Messi...

I swear Pekerman is a fucking moron!

I forgiving you calling me a bitch.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-30-2006, 11:55 AM
What was Pekerman thinking when he subbed in Cruz? There were still 10 minutes to go, you're playing against Germany of all teams, and on their home field. He got way too confident. It's a crime that Messi has to sit on the bench for 30 minutes now and can't do a damn thing about it. :(
I could fucking kill Pekerman right now!

velik_m
06-30-2006, 11:56 AM
argentinia second goalkeeper reminds me of John Cleese

polandprzem
06-30-2006, 11:57 AM
Calm down Eric :)

MaNuMaNiAc
06-30-2006, 12:00 PM
Cruz No Sirve Para Una Mierda!!!!

Spurologist
06-30-2006, 12:01 PM
Cruz No Sirve Para Una Mierda!!!!

So you're saying Pekerman is a national hero

MaNuMaNiAc
06-30-2006, 12:09 PM
let me paint you a picture, Klinsman puts in Odonkor and Germany wakes up, Pekerman puts in FUCKING CRUZ! when he has Saviola and Messi on the bench!

I don't think I need to say anything else

velik_m
06-30-2006, 12:14 PM
Germany outflopping the Argies.

Spurologist
06-30-2006, 12:14 PM
Balboa suggesting that one more sub should be allowed in extra time. He's trying to save Pekerman's ass

polandprzem
06-30-2006, 12:14 PM
I don't think I need to say anything else

Yeah, me too




You are bitching ... wooohoho
But I understand you man.
I'm little pissed myself.
What I do not like is overconfidence. You said the argentinians O will crush the Germans D. Well not happening.

ballack is exhausted

MaNuMaNiAc
06-30-2006, 12:17 PM
Come on!

MaNuMaNiAc
06-30-2006, 12:17 PM
If Cruz is good for anything its headers! so he better do something!!1

MaNuMaNiAc
06-30-2006, 12:20 PM
Yeah, me too




You are bitching ... wooohoho
But I understand you man.
I'm little pissed myself.
What I do not like is overconfidence. You said the argentinians O will crush the Germans D. Well not happening.

ballack is exhausted
whent he fuck did I say they would crush them???

Spurologist
06-30-2006, 12:23 PM
wow If Codicini had that on target......

MaNuMaNiAc
06-30-2006, 12:23 PM
If we go to penalties, the Germans have twice the advantage. Without Abondanzieri its going to be a bitch

Spurologist
06-30-2006, 12:29 PM
last chance

MaNuMaNiAc
06-30-2006, 12:29 PM
motherfucker... here comes the ulcer :lol

velik_m
06-30-2006, 12:30 PM
penalty shoot out

Spurologist
06-30-2006, 12:30 PM
Ballack will miss

polandprzem
06-30-2006, 12:32 PM
whent he fuck did I say they would crush them???
Something like that man

The penalties: Germas have a steel nerves. I wonder if ballack will be able to hit the penalty.
Damn - no Crespo Saviola or Messi. Good thjere is no Riquelme

scott
06-30-2006, 12:32 PM
Your Time Is Near

polandprzem
06-30-2006, 12:32 PM
New goalkeeper can provide some nervs manumania, can be a hero.

austinfan
06-30-2006, 12:33 PM
God, I feel for these goalkeepers. No one should have to go through what they do.

austinfan
06-30-2006, 12:35 PM
What is this sub goalkeeper like for Argentina on penalty kicks?

Spurologist
06-30-2006, 12:35 PM
Go down the middle

Spurologist
06-30-2006, 12:36 PM
manumania, your man is up

Spurologist
06-30-2006, 12:40 PM
Need A Goal And A Miss

MadDog73
06-30-2006, 12:40 PM
How the Hell does this work?

Do you have to win by 2 Shootout goals or what?

velik_m
06-30-2006, 12:41 PM
Jens > Argentina

scott
06-30-2006, 12:41 PM
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Back to work...

scott
06-30-2006, 12:42 PM
Oh yeah... PAY UP SUCKAS

MaNuMaNiAc
06-30-2006, 12:42 PM
this is embarassing. Someone get security out there and break this shit up!

austinfan
06-30-2006, 12:42 PM
Damn. Sorry, Argentina. Damn.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-30-2006, 12:43 PM
yeah scott, give me the avatar

MaNuMaNiAc
06-30-2006, 12:44 PM
This loss is on Pekerman, all on fucking Pekerman

~Sweetmelody~
06-30-2006, 12:45 PM
this is embarassing. Someone get security out there and break this shit up!

Some details for those of us at work :depressed

polandprzem
06-30-2006, 12:45 PM
Argentina was weak all turnament. I was hoping they will woke up. Didn't happened. Ayala was passing the ball instead of shooting it :(

And then, at the end. wtf? That was the way the Argentina is leaving WC?
Tevez was yapping on press conference but showed nothing in th game.

Spurologist
06-30-2006, 12:46 PM
How the Hell does this work?

Do you have to win by 2 Shootout goals or what?

no. Each team has five shots at goal. Think of it as best of five. Germany made four; Argentina made 2 and missed 2. They only had once chance to make up two goals. Germany didn't have to take their last shot. Game Over

MaNuMaNiAc
06-30-2006, 12:46 PM
Argentina was weak all turnament. I was hoping they will woke up. Didn't happened. Ayala was passing the ball instead of shooting it :(

And then, at the end. wtf? That was the way the Argentina is leaving WC?
Tevez was yapping on press conference but showed nothing in th game.
Poland, not the right fucking time to behave like a troll. Give me a day or two to get over this shit, please!

Besides what the fuck are you bitching about! your team didn't do jack shit!

Spurologist
06-30-2006, 12:50 PM
Was Germany celebrating in front of Argentina's players?? I missed that.

Pekerman is a moron and should be fired.

It almost looked like Argentina was scrambling to try and get the best PK kickers. Oh wait Riquelme, Messi, Saviola were on the bench. Fucking unreal

polandprzem
06-30-2006, 12:50 PM
Poland, not the right fucking time to behave like a troll. Give me a day or two to get over this shit, please!

Yeah. This is the worst sports season I remember.
Spurs lost, Argentina lost.. So many hopes and again disapointment :(
Who am I gonna root for now?
Ukraine? Portugal?

The coach is done. This is Argentina so he is done.
Aimar, Messi didn't get a real chance in this WC
Damn

I lost a bet with Dad :pctoss

MaNuMaNiAc
06-30-2006, 12:53 PM
Was Germany celebrating in front of Argentina's players?? I missed that.

Pekerman is a moron and should be fired.

It almost looked like Argentina was scrambling to try and get the best PK kickers. Oh wait Riquelme, Messi, Saviola were on the bench. Fucking unreal
yeah, one German player went and screamed at the Argentinian squad so one Argentinian punched him in the face. Stupid reaction, but I can understand how he feels.

Duncan21
06-30-2006, 12:55 PM
wtf was with pekerman? when he brought the subs on the team looked average, why did he not bring on messi when they were 1-0 up and keep taking it to germany. all credit to klinsmann his subs were brilliant especially borowski, well done Deutschland!!!!!!!!!

polandprzem
06-30-2006, 12:59 PM
wtf was with pekerman? when he brought the subs on the team looked average, why did he not bring on messi when they were 1-0 up and keep taking it to germany. all credit to klinsmann his subs were brilliant especially borovski, well done Deutschland!!!!!!!!!

Yes - that was not the first time his subs was decisive and succesfull.

But he have Odonkor or Neuville as sure subs. So the problem is for whom and how to change the strategy.

Stahlkugeln
06-30-2006, 01:04 PM
Ja wohl, bitches!!!!

Duncan21
06-30-2006, 01:12 PM
lol, i like the new sig poland!