Log in

View Full Version : The World Cup thread!



Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13

Gerryatrics
06-18-2006, 05:37 AM
I guess Pope's foul was a dangerous tackle with intent to injure too... I know he got a yellow for it, not a red, but it was still a bogus call.

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/8499/usa57tq.gif

danyel
06-18-2006, 08:37 AM
Dude, stop the whinning, believe whatever you want to believe and just stop it.

- A tackle from behind deserved the card, he was booked, he should have known better.
- A hard tackle straight to Pirlo's ankle deserved the red card.
- McBride was crearly in the ball's path to the dismissed goal, good offside call.

From the same link you provided

RED CARD! Eddie Pope off! Team America up a creek sans paddle! It's 10 v 9 now, after Eddie Pope gets his second yellow card. In fairness, that was definitely a booking, a lunge at Gilardinho from behind that got nowhere near the ball.

Texas_Ranger
06-18-2006, 09:56 AM
Croatia 0 - 0 Japan

Good game, but no winner. I think that Croatia played better and they deserved the win.

polandprzem
06-18-2006, 10:18 AM
I hope the USA will end their adventure in Championships after next game, cause I do not want to hear any more whiners in here.

Texas_Ranger
06-18-2006, 10:24 AM
Now Brazil will play agains Australia. I hope that we will watch great football.
Brazil 3 - 0 Australia

polandprzem
06-18-2006, 10:32 AM
Now Brazil will play agains Australia. I hope that we will watch great football.
Brazil 3 - 0 Australia

Well I think Brazil will be motivated to play better and sent a message that they can play great football. You know- Argentina won 6-0, now it's their turn to take care of buisiness.

4:0

spurschick
06-18-2006, 10:33 AM
Okay, so I wake up to watch the first game and ABC is showing the usual Sunday religious shows instead. I figured they'd at least show the second game now, but they're Joel Osteen, or whatever his name is. WTF? I can watch Univision, but this is bullshit.

austinfan
06-18-2006, 11:46 AM
Carlos Alberto Parreira is going to have to get rid of Adriano and Ronaldo on the front line, or at least Ronaldo. They are just too slow. There's no agility up there. Brazil isn't playing as a team, and because of that they can't get any rhythm going in the box.

I hate to say this, but this team does not look like one that can make it all the way to the finals, unless Parreira is willing to make some changes, starting with replacing Ronaldo with Robinho.

polandprzem
06-18-2006, 11:49 AM
Jesus, Brazilia has got no balls. I do not care if they are playing "like a turnament team" economicly and stuff.
They just don't give enough effort and that can cast them. I would like them to lose.

TDMVPDPOY
06-18-2006, 11:49 AM
manumania, so much for ur 6-0 thumpin of australia prediction

australia > usa

Spurologist
06-18-2006, 11:51 AM
Jesus, Brazilia has got no balls. I do not care if they are playing "like a turnament team" economicly and stuff.
They just don't give enough effort and that can cast them. I would like them to lose.

insert robihno and Gilberto. Out - Rolando and Ze Roberto. They have heart

TDMVPDPOY
06-18-2006, 11:51 AM
Well I think Brazil will be motivated to play better and sent a message that they can play great football. You know- Argentina won 6-0, now it's their turn to take care of buisiness.

4:0

not goin to happen.

i think australias defense line is the best so far in the tournament, propz to them for containing or closing the gap, not allowin teh brazilians space to run with the ball.

nbrans
06-18-2006, 11:55 AM
Wow, Ronaldo is giving Shawn Kemp a run for his money.

polandprzem
06-18-2006, 11:56 AM
not goin to happen.

i think australias defense line is the best so far in the tournament, propz to them for containing or closing the gap, not allowin teh brazilians space to run with the ball.

Yup.


And Brazil Does't GAF right now. They game is not looking that fluent as Argentinians and that's why even when they are the favorites they will lose, they are too old in my opinion and their defens is superold :D

:drunk :drunk :drunk

mnanumania should be happy

Three Lions
06-18-2006, 12:02 PM
Hey Ronaldo!

Who ate all the pies?
Who ate all the pies?
You fat bastard,
You fat bastard,
You ate all the pies!

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/fifa/gen/xp/20060609/i/1068932152.jpg

nbrans
06-18-2006, 12:08 PM
I guess you can be fat and good.

Spurologist
06-18-2006, 12:49 PM
Robinho should start. PERIOD

TDMVPDPOY
06-18-2006, 12:57 PM
i felt that guus shouldve had kewell on early instead of havin him comin of the bench, the aussies backline kept their line against the brasils in the first half, second half it just gave way.

even with backline of 3 players in teh last half, still manage to make it hard for the brasilians, but sumthing had to give when other 7 players were goin foward.

velik_m
06-18-2006, 12:58 PM
Roberto Carlos is the weakest link in Brazil team.

as i predicted Brazil played as good as they needed to win, they haven't put any effort into it.

TDMVPDPOY
06-18-2006, 01:01 PM
Roberto Carlos is the weakest link in Brazil team.

as i predicted Brazil played as good as they needed to win, they haven't put any effort into it.

his playin another brand of football, that is kickin it out into the crowd.

brasils weakest link = physical game

aussies manage to take out ronaldinho for the rest of the match. but it was adriano that was causing the problemz

Spurologist
06-18-2006, 01:02 PM
Roberto Carlos is the weakest link in Brazil team.

as i predicted Brazil played as good as they needed to win, they haven't put any effort into it.

The weakest link eats burgers during the game. That is all you need to know.

Kaka has been their best player IMO

austinfan
06-18-2006, 01:02 PM
Brazil picked up the pace in the second half. That and Robinho coming on helped turn the game their way. Although you have to give credit to Australia for continuing to attack until the end.

Now Parreira has the luxury of experimenting with line-ups in the Japan game, since Brazil already qualified for the next round. I bet you anything he'll leave Ronaldo in for the Japan match, to give him one last shot, but even he has got to admit that Ronaldo doesn't have it anymore. Imo he should give Robinho plenty of playing time in that game to get him ready for Italy or Ghana in the round of 16.

spurschick
06-18-2006, 01:11 PM
If I'm an Aussie fan, I am very proud of the team right now. They've shown me a lot.

TDMVPDPOY
06-18-2006, 01:22 PM
If I'm an Aussie fan, I am very proud of the team right now. They've shown me a lot.

these guyz had been playin with each other for the last 15years, from under 21 champions till now (they won under 21 tournament), 12 years in the makin for this team to get it to here. They have received alot of criticisms for the first 2 wc runs, where they gave up leads in the end to lose the match for gettin cocky, due to arrogance and bailin out of the wc.

their ranking is not a true measurement of there performance :( rank 40-50 :(:( we should be top 20 or above you guyz

ALVAREZ6
06-18-2006, 02:01 PM
That game was close.


The 2-0 Brazil win is very deceiving, it could have gone either way. But damn it, the Aussies missed out on so many opportunities, especially that one where the goalie was out of net and all he had to do was kick it in.

.....

velik_m
06-18-2006, 03:04 PM
Henry is the best!

also: Korean fans chanting EU anthem :lol

MaNuMaNiAc
06-18-2006, 03:13 PM
I couldn't watch the match, I'm sorry, but from what I hear you Aussies played your hearts out. I got to hand it to you, a 2-0 loss to Brasil, being Australia and all is a very good result, specially since it could have been 2-1 or even a tie I hear. Props

To Polandprzem, don't get me wrong, I enjoy seeing Brasil suffer, but I would never presume to underestimate Brasil in any way, shape or form :D

Spurologist
06-18-2006, 03:19 PM
Damn France is old. They need some young talent. They look fatigued out there.

Barthez, Zidane, Gallas, Veira, Wiltord, Makelele have been around for ages.

GET TREZEQUET in the game.

Spurologist
06-18-2006, 03:45 PM
Some of these refs are fucked in the head. :lol Dude backs into Zidane and Zidane gets the yellow.

Henry = not clutch. Wide open chance to win but hits right to the keeper. He did the same thing in the champions league final. If you are world class, you don't miss those chances

spurschick
06-18-2006, 03:46 PM
I swear this is the loudest game I've watched so far. The Korean fans are insane!

MannyIsGod
06-18-2006, 03:47 PM
No shit, the Koreans rule.

velik_m
06-18-2006, 03:53 PM
1-1
oh well...

Korea still sucks.

spurschick
06-18-2006, 03:54 PM
I didn't get to see much of the first game, but Brazil/Australia and France/Korea was awesome.

NuGGeTs-FaN
06-18-2006, 04:08 PM
Australia will advance! :smokin

just gotta hold Croatia to a draw

polandprzem
06-18-2006, 04:28 PM
To Polandprzem, don't get me wrong, I enjoy seeing Brasil suffer, but I would never presume to underestimate Brasil in any way, shape or form :D

I get it right :D

Brasil is the team you NEVER can't underestimate. That's the general rule, plus they are the Champions

polandprzem
06-18-2006, 04:36 PM
Fricking Holland will be playing the reserves.

Van Basten said he will let the bench play in the last game vs Argentina to avoid the yellow card and probable missing 1/8 games

NuGGeTs-FaN
06-18-2006, 04:38 PM
Brasil is a classy team and seem to respect their opponents, no matter which team they play. That classiness seems in direct contrast with some of the other South American squads (eg Uruguay with Recoba's divine right comment - "we have a divine right to play in the World cup" :drunk i wonder if he is enjoying fishing right now

Spurologist
06-18-2006, 05:16 PM
Brasil is a classy team and seem to respect their opponents, no matter which team they play. That classiness seems in direct contrast with some of the other South American squads (eg Uruguay with Recoba's divine right comment - "we have a divine right to play in the World cup" :drunk i wonder if he is enjoying fishing right now

It has also been in contrast with some Aussie fans who think they own the world after a good 3-1 showing. "Bring on, Brazil." It was only right to have those comments thwarted with a decent 2-0 spanking the Brazilians put on.

That said, Australia still has a great chance of advancing

Bob Lanier
06-18-2006, 06:44 PM
Korea's fans are nuts, and their team got a lot better as the match went on. But France was robbed.

ALVAREZ6
06-18-2006, 08:26 PM
http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/fifa/gen/xp/20060608/i/3906405585.jpg

Spurologist
06-18-2006, 09:34 PM
http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/fifa/gen/xp/20060608/i/3906405585.jpg

DING DING DING

Ladies and Gentleman, we have reached a unanimous decision

danyel
06-18-2006, 10:39 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/bloodylamer/bastardly-photos/0505/album23/2006-world-cup-girls06130625.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/bloodylamer/bastardly-photos/0505/album23/2006-world-cup-girls06130636.jpg


http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/bloodylamer/bastardly-photos/0505/album23/2006-world-cup-girls06130619.jpg

danyel
06-18-2006, 10:57 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/id/5692462_7_1.jpg

http://msn.foxsports.com/id/5698892_7_2.jpg

http://msn.foxsports.com/id/5700888_7_2.jpg

http://msn.foxsports.com/id/5703824_7_1.jpg

NuGGeTs-FaN
06-19-2006, 01:01 AM
It has also been in contrast with some Aussie fans who think they own the world after a good 3-1 showing. "Bring on, Brazil." It was only right to have those comments thwarted with a decent 2-0 spanking the Brazilians put on.

That said, Australia still has a great chance of advancing

:lol spanking?!!? did u watch the game??

I am proud of how the aussies played and it was two goals (one just after half time after a lapse in cocentration and one from a lucky bounce in the 90th minute) that seperated the teams. Brazil was less than impressive, they wont win the world cup if they dont play much better.

and of course we will say 'Bring on Brazil'. Only aussies understand the aussie sense of humour. People were saying "bring on brazil' with tongue in cheek, it was only half serious. Afterall, people around here and around the world were talking about the 4-0 and worse thrashing that Brazil would give the aussies :smoking and it turned out nothing like that.

SA Gunslinger
06-19-2006, 01:35 AM
Brazil definitely has the hottest ladies.

TDMVPDPOY
06-19-2006, 02:29 AM
Brazil definitely has the hottest ladies.

too bad non of them hot chicks are in porn :(

xcoriate
06-19-2006, 03:12 AM
:lol spanking?!!? did u watch the game??

I am proud of how the aussies played and it was two goals (one just after half time after a lapse in cocentration and one from a lucky bounce in the 90th minute) that seperated the teams. Brazil was less than impressive, they wont win the world cup if they dont play much better.

and of course we will say 'Bring on Brazil'. Only aussies understand the aussie sense of humour. People were saying "bring on brazil' with tongue in cheek, it was only half serious. Afterall, people around here and around the world were talking about the 4-0 and worse thrashing that Brazil would give the aussies :smoking and it turned out nothing like that.

Fuck yeah,

How can you say they were spanked. Possesion was relatively even, Brazil certainly didnt dominate they play. Kewell should have scored... I'll put it down to him just having entered the game but he had an open goal. Bresciano also had a one on one with the goalie but tried to do to much. Then Kewell had another one go high from a long way out.

Australia had a lot of oportunuties and probably should have capitalized, Brazil is lucky to pull out the win they did.

Australia played tough, and they played the full 90 minutes attacking till the end. I was extremely happy and proud with our effort: aussie battlers, baby!

polandprzem
06-19-2006, 03:24 AM
Fuck yeah,

How can you say they were spanked. Possesion was relatively even, Brazil certainly didnt dominate they play. Kewell should have scored... I'll put it down to him just having entered the game but he had an open goal. Bresciano also had a one on one with the goalie but tried to do to much. Then Kewell had another one go high from a long way out.

Australia had a lot of oportunuties and probably should have capitalized, Brazil is lucky to pull out the win they did.

Australia played tough, and they played the full 90 minutes attacking till the end. I was extremely happy and proud with our effort: aussie battlers, baby!

Well you think confident now before the Croatia battle ?!

Cause the Australia looks realy fabulous giving another prooof that Gus Hiddink is a genius. And you are asking why our coach must leave :rolleyes

---


http://i.wp.pl/a/f/jpeg/9781/janas_trening_boisko450.jpeg

xcoriate
06-19-2006, 07:24 AM
I'm confident Australia will play with the same fire and heart they have showed in the leadup and throughout this tornament. How many teams is this that Hiddink has turned into legitimate teams? He certainly knows what he is doing.

Australia has already exceeded expectations: were playing with the houses money.

ALVAREZ6
06-19-2006, 08:06 AM
Australia definitely did NOT get spanked by Brazil, it was one of the more even matches, and it could have gone either way.

MannyIsGod
06-19-2006, 08:09 AM
Togo seems fun to watch.

MannyIsGod
06-19-2006, 08:10 AM
And as I say that they make some nice plays.

MannyIsGod
06-19-2006, 08:36 AM
Holy shit Togo just got the royal ass rape! No PK on an OBVIOUS penalty in the box.

polandprzem
06-19-2006, 08:47 AM
Fine game.
But I think Swiss must get down to work cause the goal difference can decide who will advance.
Interesting group.

Gerryatrics
06-19-2006, 08:55 AM
That was a great call by the referee. If you disagree you're a whiner.

Pretty good match so far, I'm hoping Togo pulls out a win somehow, even with all the controversy.

ALVAREZ6
06-19-2006, 08:59 AM
http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/fifa/gen/xp/20060618/i/554484183.jpg

polandprzem
06-19-2006, 10:53 AM
That was a great call by the referee. If you disagree you're a whiner.

Pretty good match so far, I'm hoping Togo pulls out a win somehow, even with all the controversy.

:lamo

pathetic :lol

MannyIsGod
06-19-2006, 11:36 AM
Wow, what a goal!

ALVAREZ6
06-19-2006, 11:54 AM
Wow, what a goal!
Yeah it was.




Seems like the goalie didn't even see it coming, so once the ball was kicked he tried to move over as quick as possible and slipped.

velik_m
06-19-2006, 11:57 AM
we are trully blessed by FIFA to allow the same number of teams for Asia as for South America - this way we can look at talented teams such as Saudi Arabia.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-19-2006, 12:08 PM
we are trully blessed by FIFA to allow the same number of teams for Asia as for South America - this way we can look at talented teams such as Saudi Arabia.
http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif

TDMVPDPOY
06-19-2006, 12:52 PM
score fellas?

velik_m
06-19-2006, 01:08 PM
predictions for spain v tunisia?

spain will win something like 2-0 or 3-1

Texas_Ranger
06-19-2006, 01:54 PM
Spain 2-1 Tunisia

MaNuMaNiAc
06-19-2006, 02:08 PM
Tunez 1 - 0 SPain ! :lmao

NASpurs
06-19-2006, 02:39 PM
Tunez 1 - 0 SPain ! :lmao:lol

Spain is going to wear out Tinisia towards the end...watch.

alamo50
06-19-2006, 02:43 PM
Wow, hello!
I wasn't planning watching this game, but this promisses to be a spectacular 2nd half.
First I am gonna watch the World Championship lingerie penalty kicks during halftime over here in Holland!

:p

MaNuMaNiAc
06-19-2006, 02:44 PM
Wow, hello!
I wasn't planning watching this game, but this promisses to be a spectacular 2nd half.
First I am gonna watch the World Championship lingerie penalty kicks during halftime over here in Holland!

:p
http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif :tu

velik_m
06-19-2006, 02:47 PM
Rain might help Tunisia.

Xavi made great passes, but spanish atacker made no use of them.

polandprzem
06-19-2006, 02:56 PM
Rain might help Tunisia.

Xavi made great passes, but spanish atacker made no use of them.

Well the rain might help Spain cause they play faster soccer :)

alamo50
06-19-2006, 03:00 PM
Hey Velik!
Check your PM.
I wanna send you something for your loyal support of the dutch squad.

polandprzem
06-19-2006, 03:04 PM
Hey Velik!
Check your PM.
I wanna send you something for your loyal support of the dutch squad.

What the heck?






---
Hmm maybe I will get somethin from the Argentinians :angel

Bob Lanier
06-19-2006, 03:18 PM
What a picture-perfect dive by the Spanish player! :lol

theMUHMEshow
06-19-2006, 03:34 PM
goal!!!!!!!!

SPAIN TAKES OVER!

Bob Lanier
06-19-2006, 03:34 PM
:flipoff

NASpurs
06-19-2006, 03:34 PM
Spain up 2-1!

Spurologist
06-19-2006, 03:35 PM
Tunisia will need therapy after allowing two leads slip away.

As Bill Walton would say "Sadness is reigning supreme here. That's just horrible"

velik_m
06-19-2006, 03:53 PM
spain will win something like 2-0 or 3-1

khm.

Texas_Ranger
06-20-2006, 05:25 AM
Today games:
Germany vs Ecuador 2-2
Poland vs Costa Rica 1-1
England vs Sweden 3-0
T&T vs Paraguay 1-0

polandprzem
06-20-2006, 05:48 AM
Today games:
Germany vs Ecuador 3-1
Poland vs Costa Rica 1-0
England vs Sweden 3-2
T&T vs Paraguay 1-2

NASpurs
06-20-2006, 05:53 AM
Today games:
Germany vs Ecuador 2-2
Poland vs Costa Rica 1-1
England vs Sweden 3-0
T&T vs Paraguay 1-0England hasn't beaten Sweden in anything since 1968.... plus England hasn't looked all that good lately. You're being generous.

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/5706006

NASpurs
06-20-2006, 05:56 AM
Ok here go mine

Germany Vs. Ecuador 2-2
Poland vs Costa Rica 1-0 http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smidepressed.gif
England vs Sweden 1-1
T&T vs. Paraguay 1-1 as well (hmm toughy... Tobago has been a real surprise this WC. )

Streakyshooter08
06-20-2006, 06:11 AM
I think it will be sth. like:

GER: ECU 2:2
PO: CR 2:0
ENG: SWE 1:2
T&T: PA 1:1

Texas_Ranger
06-20-2006, 06:23 AM
England hasn't beaten Sweden in anything since 1968.... plus England hasn't looked all that good lately. You're being generous.

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/5706006

I know that, but I just wrote that because I want that T&T would go in the next round.
:fro

Taco
06-20-2006, 07:49 AM
I have been watching the World Cup.

Don’t’ ask me why I don’t even like Soccer

I like watching the Telemundo and Univision broadcast and my Spanish sucks

Those guys just get more excited, even if I can’t understand half of what they are saying

I like to hold out for the GOL! GOL! GOL!

Three Lions
06-20-2006, 08:04 AM
We're taking down bloody ABBA 2-nil, blokes.

Gerryatrics
06-20-2006, 09:25 AM
YES!!! GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL!!!

Costa Rica baby! Make CONCACAF proud.

Gerryatrics
06-20-2006, 09:27 AM
Oh yeah. Sorry polandprzem, nothing personal....

Gerryatrics
06-20-2006, 09:42 AM
Holy Shit the Poles just ass-raped the Ticos and got away with it. I guess Poland can be proud they finally managed to actually score a goal... by tripping the goalkeeper in one of the dirtiest plays in the tournament. It was such a good match until that point too. :flipoff

polandprzem
06-20-2006, 09:51 AM
Holy Shit the Poles just ass-raped the Ticos and got away with it. I guess Poland can be proud they finally managed to actually score a goal... by tripping the goalkeeper in one of the dirtiest plays in the tournament. It was such a good match until that point too. :flipoff

Yea as I said before - OUR team is almost as pathetic as Gerryatriccs.


Germany_ Ecuador - more interesting game

polandprzem
06-20-2006, 09:52 AM
BTW. What is CONCACAF :huh


hehehehehehehehehehehehehe...............

Gerryatrics
06-20-2006, 09:55 AM
¡Vamos! ¡Vamos! ¡Ticos! ¡Ticos! ¡Vamos Los Ticos!

ALVAREZ6
06-20-2006, 10:20 AM
http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/fifa/gen/fifa/20060620/i/406418980.jpg

:tu

austinfan
06-20-2006, 10:46 AM
Here's a funny joke that I saw on a Brazilian news site:

Zico [one of Brazil's most legendary players and the current coach for Japan] calls and asks Parreira for some help:
"Brazil's already qualified for the next round, Japan hasn't, could you help a brother out?"

Parreira: "OK, Zico, tell me what you want. You want me to have the bench play?"

Zico freaks out: "No, Parreira! The bench, no!"

:lol

Seriously, I hope Parreira uses this next game to really experiment with the bench. Specifically, I want to see how Robinho and Ronaldo play together, because the Adriano-Ronaldo combo isn't cutting it. I'd also like to see Juninho Pernambucano come into play midfield, freeing up Ronaldinho to play more toward the front and make his trademark attacks on the goal.

But knowing Parreira, he'll make a few tepid substitutions in the 75th minute. Although I do give him credit for subbing in Robinho, Fred and Gilberto Silva in the last match.

velik_m
06-20-2006, 11:01 AM
Poland > Costa Rica, but just barely

Streakyshooter08
06-20-2006, 12:52 PM
My tickets for the 1/4 finals have finally arrived!!! I will be in Gelsenkirchen on July 1st. I will see the winners of the following 1/8 finals:

2nd A Ecuador- 1st B England/ Sweden

2nd C Argentina/ Holland - 1st D Portugal/ Mexico

I am really excited and looking forward to the atmosphere. I am somehow hoping for Englang: Holland but it might be Sweden: Holland as well (or even Argentina). But I don't care... I just hope it will be great soccer.

themvp
06-20-2006, 01:09 PM
This man is better than Ronaldo IMO
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41133000/jpg/_41133786_gomez.jpg
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20060609/capt.wcmun19506091750.wcup_world_cup_soccer_german y_costa_rica_wcmun195.jpg

Texas_Ranger
06-20-2006, 01:12 PM
This man is better than Ronaldo IMO
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41133000/jpg/_41133786_gomez.jpg
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20060609/capt.wcmun19506091750.wcup_world_cup_soccer_german y_costa_rica_wcmun195.jpg


Nice mouth. :lol

rascal
06-20-2006, 01:39 PM
My tickets for the 1/4 finals have finally arrived!!! I will be in Gelsenkirchen on July 1st. I will see the winners of the following 1/8 finals:

2nd A Ecuador- 1st B England/ Sweden

2nd C Argentina/ Holland - 1st D Portugal/ Mexico

I am really excited and looking forward to the atmosphere. I am somehow hoping for Englang: Holland but it might be Sweden: Holland as well (or even Argentina). But I don't care... I just hope it will be great soccer.


Sweet!!

polandprzem
06-20-2006, 01:43 PM
CostaRica is the worst team in the turnament and IMO beats Iraq in that one.
Poland is in TOP5

Old School Chic
06-20-2006, 01:44 PM
Hi Polandprzem

Streakyshooter08
06-20-2006, 01:49 PM
Sweet!!

Yeah...I am really happy!

If you watch the game: watch out for me running naked onto the field during the 2nd half with a Spurs flag in his hands... :lol

polandprzem
06-20-2006, 01:51 PM
Hi Polandprzem

hehe

Yup hi OSC hows goin' ?

Old School Chic
06-20-2006, 01:51 PM
Yeah...I am really happy!

If you watch the game: watch out for the naked guy running on the field during the 2nd half with a Spurs flag in his hands... :lol


:oops

polandprzem
06-20-2006, 01:54 PM
Okay I'm starting with ENG-SWE game but I can switch....

Those previous games I was watching at the same time ( well I was switching from one to the other).

Should be a good game - Sweden must fight there!

----------------

BTW OSC are you interested in soccer ? :spin

themvp
06-20-2006, 01:57 PM
I just wanna see a great game, that is all.

Old School Chic
06-20-2006, 01:57 PM
hehe

Yup hi OSC hows goin' ?

I have been doing pretty good.
I can see how much you like Soccer. Soccer has been one of my favorite sports since I was a little girl. As you can tell Mexico is #1 for me then USA and finally I like Argentina.

Spurologist
06-20-2006, 02:34 PM
Holy Shit. Goal of the tournament by Joe Cole

MannyIsGod
06-20-2006, 02:36 PM
Yeah no kidding. That goal was incredible.

tlongII
06-20-2006, 02:48 PM
JOE COLE!!!

01Snake
06-20-2006, 02:50 PM
That goal was MONEY!

velik_m
06-20-2006, 02:54 PM
so T&T has scoring ability!

EDIT: and Coal's goal was superb!

polandprzem
06-20-2006, 03:02 PM
I have been doing pretty good.
I can see how much you like Soccer. Soccer has been one of my favorite sports since I was a little girl. As you can tell Mexico is #1 for me then USA and finally I like Argentina.

Good to hear you doing good :tu

Well Soccer is probably third most liked sport, and when the Chempionshps are on (Euro or World or even Copa America) I'm all in!

Righ now I have time and I've watched all but two games now.

I'm rooting for those from my signature from the very begining and hopefully they will do it this year.

(I like volleyball, athletics also and my second best sport to watch is boxing) :)

TDMVPDPOY
06-20-2006, 03:56 PM
england escape that match, another match i felt england didnt play that good

wonderboy wasnt happy when he was taken off.

polandprzem
06-20-2006, 03:56 PM
Today games:
Germany vs Ecuador 3-1 -almost
Poland vs Costa Rica 1-0 - almost
England vs Sweden 3-2 - almost
T&T vs Paraguay 1-2 - almost


So guys we've got Germany vs Sweden ( I think with many goals)
and England vs Ecuador - easy win for England.

The bad news for today is that two injuried has happend - Michael Owen and some guy from T&T (I don't know what his name is) and they both blowed the knees. That's not good.

polandprzem
06-20-2006, 03:58 PM
wonderboy wasnt happy when he was taken off.
Well maybe he was unhappy because of his injury, maybe his foot still hurts. (?)

MaNuMaNiAc
06-20-2006, 03:59 PM
England vs Sweden has been the most estertaining match so far I think. England showed exactly why I'm scared of them. Even though they may play mediocre all game, they can have one or two plays in which players like J. Cole, or Lampard make a goal like Cole's :lol amazing.

P.S. I still don't get how some people can laud Rooney as Englands best player when they have the likes of J. Cole, ridiculous. Rooney is overrated IMO.

tlongII
06-20-2006, 04:02 PM
England vs Sweden has been the most estertaining match so far I think. England showed exactly why I'm scared of them. Even though they may play mediocre all game, they can have one or two plays in which players like J. Cole, or Lampard make a goal like Cole's :lol amazing.

P.S. I still don't get how some people can laud Rooney as Englands best player when they have the likes of J. Cole, ridiculous. Rooney is overrated IMO.


I think Rooney is great. He was pissed off when he was substituted in the 2nd half, but I think he is still working on his conditioning. Now that they have avoided Germany I think you will see a fine display by the English.

TDMVPDPOY
06-20-2006, 04:03 PM
Well maybe he was unhappy because of his injury, maybe his foot still hurts. (?)

he showed sum glimps of he got game, i too will not be happy if i was taken off when he started to get into rythm.

looks like englands left-wing position is fixed atm with joe cole (who i thought was a scrub who showed nothing when he was with west ham or aston villa b4 chelsea bought him)

with owen out, rooney has his spot on the startin 11 imo.

next game starters shawn bradley, rooney, beckham, lampard, gerrard, j.cole, terry, campbell, ferdinerd, a.cole

dont you guyz think tony parker (scruub) look like ashley cole?

TDMVPDPOY
06-20-2006, 04:07 PM
P.S. I still don't get how some people can laud Rooney as Englands best player when they have the likes of J. Cole, ridiculous. Rooney is overrated IMO.

englands best player no, but he sured lived up to his hype, his probaly the lehype james of soccer, and has shown more upside to his game then the young players in the soccer as a whole. rooney is probaly on the level of kaka, just lackin dribbling skills, but damn he has a nasty right foot

Three Lions
06-20-2006, 04:17 PM
Blokes, bloody ABBA played us to a draw. Off to the pub. :depressed

MaNuMaNiAc
06-20-2006, 04:22 PM
englands best player no, but he sured lived up to his hype, his probaly the lehype james of soccer, and has shown more upside to his game then the young players in the soccer as a whole. rooney is probaly on the level of kaka, just lackin dribbling skills, but damn he has a nasty right foot
I think Messi is better than Rooney, that's not just the gaucho in me talking http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif

polandprzem
06-20-2006, 04:25 PM
Well doctors said that Rooney can play 45 minutes. He played like 70 minutes....

To me he is great scorer, he can handle the "not that good" passes and shot the ball imidietly, he's fast, strong and got soccer IQ (just soccer : rolleyes ) :)

Thy've got a real good bucnch of players. They are in the quaterfinals for sure. Who's next?

TDMVPDPOY
06-20-2006, 04:32 PM
I think Messi is better than Rooney, that's not just the gaucho in me talking http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif

u think every argentina player > player mention

hell even maradona was labelin all these new scrubz as the next maradonna, and look how aimar turned out.

since ur a argofan, can you tell me if barcelona still has riquelmes rights? or did they sold him to villareal? all i know is that he was loaned out, but dunno if he was sold to them.

dunno whats wrong with him, but htf cant he beat out to start for barca, even saviola (who i think had a fell out with barcas coach b4 the new dutch guy came in) if his still with barca, cmon if he cant beat out van bommel for the startin MF, than.......

alamo50
06-20-2006, 04:39 PM
Yeah...I am really happy!

If you watch the game: watch out for me running naked onto the field during the 2nd half with a Spurs flag in his hands... :lol


Good for you that you got the tickets!
Awesome!

By the way, could you make that a Mavs flag instead of a Spurs flag please?

MannyIsGod
06-20-2006, 04:55 PM
Ecuador over England for the first upset of the round of sixteen.

austinfan
06-20-2006, 04:58 PM
So guys we've got Germany vs Sweden ( I think with many goals)
and England vs Ecuador - easy win for England.

Call me a Western Hemisphere homer :lol, but I wouldn't call the Ecuador-England match a cakewalk for England. Germany was able to run up the score today because the Ecuador coach chose to sit 3 or 4 of his top players. Ecuador qualified third in South America behind Brazil and Argentina, they're going to be a tough out. And England hasn't looked amazing so far. This game could be the first big upset of the tournament so far.

Streakyshooter08
06-20-2006, 04:58 PM
Good for you that you got the tickets!
Awesome!

By the way, could you make that a Mavs flag instead of a Spurs flag please?

Okay... great idea! :lmao

Btw. If NL will be 2nd in their group I am probably going to see them play (if they win the 1/8 final). And I would root for them... unless I am sitting in the "England corner" of course... :lol

austinfan
06-20-2006, 04:59 PM
Ecuador over England for the first upset of the round of sixteen.

:tu! Wow, great minds, huh? :lol

Streakyshooter08
06-20-2006, 05:01 PM
Ecuador over England for the first upset of the round of sixteen.

Well, I don't know. England played better today than in the first 2 games and Sweden was a good team. I would expect England to advance. We'll see...

MaNuMaNiAc
06-20-2006, 05:02 PM
u think every argentina player > player mention

hell even maradona was labelin all these new scrubz as the next maradonna, and look how aimar turned out.
you know, you should really use that empty head of yours before you post shit you don't know crap about! I've never stated anything of the sort, but I guess it shouldn't come as a surprise coming from a jackass like you.


since ur a argofan, can you tell me if barcelona still has riquelmes rights? or did they sold him to villareal? all i know is that he was loaned out, but dunno if he was sold to them.

dunno whats wrong with him, but htf cant he beat out to start for barca, even saviola (who i think had a fell out with barcas coach b4 the new dutch guy came in) if his still with barca, cmon if he cant beat out van bommel for the startin MF, than.......
WTF did you just say?? Learn some English, bitch!

MannyIsGod
06-20-2006, 05:18 PM
:lmao @ learn some English, bitch.

polandprzem
06-20-2006, 05:26 PM
Call me a Western Hemisphere homer :lol, but I wouldn't call the Ecuador-England match a cakewalk for England. Germany was able to run up the score today because the Ecuador coach chose to sit 3 or 4 of his top players. Ecuador qualified third in South America behind Brazil and Argentina, they're going to be a tough out. And England hasn't looked amazing so far. This game could be the first big upset of the tournament so far.

That's your poit of view.

IMO England will win 4-1 without a question. I wouldn't be counting on upset in that one.

smeagol
06-20-2006, 08:57 PM
Count me on the side of those who see England having a tough time with Ecuador.

NASpurs
06-20-2006, 09:05 PM
That's your poit of view.

IMO England will win 4-1 without a question. I wouldn't be counting on upset in that one.That's your point of view

I say Ecuador 2-1 over Germany and I wouldn't call it an upset if Ecuador wins... England has been sucking lately.

makedamnsure
06-21-2006, 12:16 AM
3-0 Germany

England will face Ecuador in the next round and Sweden will take on Germany

Kori Ellis
06-21-2006, 12:36 AM
Just noting that I'll make more vBookies for World Cup when the Round of 16 is set.

Thanks.

polandprzem
06-21-2006, 01:07 AM
That's your point of view

I say Ecuador 2-1 over Germany and I wouldn't call it an upset if Ecuador wins... England has been sucking lately.

We can make a bet :)


(thx Kori)

NASpurs
06-21-2006, 01:16 AM
Go for it.. you put in all your money and I'll put in mine. :lol

polandprzem
06-21-2006, 01:36 AM
Go for it.. you put in all your money and I'll put in mine. :lol

Okay.

Well I win when England wins with 2 or more goals
You win when Ecuador wins this or they will be tied after 90minutes of play.
If ENG wins it by one goal then we even - nobody wins this bet.

Agreed?

NASpurs
06-21-2006, 02:22 AM
Okay.

Well I win when England wins with 2 or more goals
You win when Ecuador wins this or they will be tied after 90minutes of play.
If ENG wins it by one goal then we even - nobody wins this bet.

Agreed?dude I was playing around with you...well since look how much money I have and look at yours.

But yeah go for it. :)

polandprzem
06-21-2006, 02:36 AM
dude I was playing around with you...well since look how much money I have and look at yours.

But yeah go for it. :)

:lol

Not about the money man. I can bet everything on that. :)

We can bet about the signature. (1 week or 2 week). When somebody wins he owns the other guys signature for that time.
Deal?

NASpurs
06-21-2006, 02:47 AM
:lol

Not about the money man. I can bet everything on that. :)

We can bet about the signature. (1 week or 2 week). When somebody wins he owns the other guys signature for that time.
Deal?I don't even a sig... how about avatars?

polandprzem
06-21-2006, 03:05 AM
I don't even a sig... how about avatars?

Hmm why avatar?

The sig will be better cause you can write something and stuff :)

But okay - you decide. we have time till Sunday

NASpurs
06-21-2006, 03:14 AM
Well you could also choose a pretty stupid avatar that I would have to use for a week. But doesn't matter for me... :tu

Although I must say I wouldn't even know what to give you as a sig. How about I choose avatar for you and you choose sig for me? I'm pretty sure I can give you a pretty horrific avatar :)

polandprzem
06-21-2006, 03:18 AM
Well you could also choose a pretty stupid avatar that I would have to use for a week. But doesn't matter for me... :tu

Although I must say I wouldn't even know what to give you as a sig. How about I choose avatar for you and you choose sig for me? I'm pretty sure I can give you a pretty horrific avatar :)

Okay then.

Are you agreeding to the rules I posted?

Well I win when England wins with 2 or more goals
You win when Ecuador wins this game or they will be tied after 90minutes of play.
If ENG wins it by one goal then we even - nobody wins this bet.

Then we have a deal

NASpurs
06-21-2006, 03:20 AM
Yeah seems pretty fair. OK I agree.

polandprzem
06-21-2006, 03:23 AM
:elephant

MannyIsGod
06-21-2006, 03:40 AM
Cool!

Go Mexico this morning!

Texas_Ranger
06-21-2006, 05:44 AM
Today games:
Portugal 2-1 Mexico
Angola 2-0 Iran (GO ANGOLA GO)
S&M 0-2 Ivory Coast
Netherland 1-2 Argentina
:fro

rascal
06-21-2006, 06:14 AM
Yeah...I am really happy!

If you watch the game: watch out for me running naked onto the field during the 2nd half with a Spurs flag in his hands... :lol
No, don't do that naked. If your naked they won't show you in the united states.

polandprzem
06-21-2006, 06:36 AM
Today games:
Portugal 2-1 Mexico
Angola 2-1 Iran
S&M 2-2 Ivory Coast
Netherland 1-3 Argentina

velik_m
06-21-2006, 07:47 AM
Today:
Portugal>Mexico
Angola>Iran
S&M<IC
Holland>Argentina

:spin

xcoriate
06-21-2006, 07:55 AM
Portugal 2-1 Mexico
Angola 2-0 Iran
S&M 2-1 Ivory Coast
Netherland 1-2 Argentina

rascal
06-21-2006, 08:39 AM
Portugal 1 Mexico 1
Iran 3 Angola 0
Ivory coast 2 S &M 0

Netherlands 2 Argentina 2

MannyIsGod
06-21-2006, 09:26 AM
Man, this is a pathetic effort by Mexico so far. They must want Angola to get by them.

MannyIsGod
06-21-2006, 09:29 AM
Goaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal motherfuckers.

MannyIsGod
06-21-2006, 09:46 AM
Fucking A, even the fucking keeper is diving

MannyIsGod
06-21-2006, 10:14 AM
Pk!

MannyIsGod
06-21-2006, 10:14 AM
He Fucking Missed It!

MannyIsGod
06-21-2006, 10:14 AM
oh man, what the fuck!?!?!?!??!

velik_m
06-21-2006, 10:16 AM
Mexico really tries hard not to win.

MannyIsGod
06-21-2006, 10:18 AM
Ok, that was retarded as hell. I hate when players pick up reds for not shutting the fuck up. Godamn.

velik_m
06-21-2006, 10:19 AM
Really, really hard.

01Snake
06-21-2006, 10:20 AM
Ok, that was retarded as hell. I hate when players pick up reds for not shutting the fuck up. Godamn.

Nice flop. Way to get thrown out of the game.
:rolleyes

MannyIsGod
06-21-2006, 10:20 AM
Man, is it just me or is the refereeing just bad in general compared to 2002?

MannyIsGod
06-21-2006, 10:21 AM
Nice flop. Way to get thrown out of the game.
:rolleyesI'm not sure he was thrown out for diving. I didn't see the replay, but it did look like there was contact. I thought he was thrown out for arguing with the ref.

MannyIsGod
06-21-2006, 10:22 AM
And thats a yellow? :lol

MannyIsGod
06-21-2006, 10:22 AM
Angola has scored. If they score again or Portugal scores again there is going to be lots of trouble.

David@SLCC
06-21-2006, 10:23 AM
I think Lavolpe might be deported from Mexico...

MannyIsGod
06-21-2006, 10:24 AM
:lol @ the Mexican color guy. "Time to take out your calculator and rosary" in responce to Angola's goal.

MannyIsGod
06-21-2006, 10:26 AM
might as well not even bother putting the card away.

MannyIsGod
06-21-2006, 10:29 AM
What a damn waste.

MannyIsGod
06-21-2006, 10:29 AM
And Mexico comes very fucking close to going home on the last shot.

MannyIsGod
06-21-2006, 10:31 AM
Godamn could the Portugese be bigger bitches? These fuckers roll around on anything.

MannyIsGod
06-21-2006, 10:38 AM
Iran saves Mexico's ass.

WalterBenitez
06-21-2006, 10:42 AM
MEX can't do anything rigth, what the hell is happening to these boys?

Give a stupid penalty, got a penalty and missed ... can't kick the ball, look very nervous and guess what? .... they will play against ARG ...

WalterBenitez
06-21-2006, 10:44 AM
I think Lavolpe might be deported from Mexico...

Dead penalty for a couple of players too!

WalterBenitez
06-21-2006, 10:50 AM
Seriously speaking, I can't figure ti out why MEX is not finishing all the f..g plays they are creating!! I think the mentality isn't working well over there, MEX has talent, but not enough collective effort to win this game.

MEX has no chance to draw against ARG or Holand.

MoSpur
06-21-2006, 10:59 AM
Is long as they are into the next round its all good for me.

Phenomanul
06-21-2006, 11:03 AM
I think Lavolpe might be deported from Mexico...


He freaking handicapped the team by NOT selecting Mexico's best player to the squad...

BRAVO SUCKS.... a Lavolpe player....

Where is Cuahutemoc Blanco??? Why isn't Andres Guardado playing??? Hell, why isn't anyone from Mexico's World Champion Sub-17 Squad on the team?? Even Giovanni Dos Santos is a better player than half of the current squad.... Other teams have at least one or two youth sensations on their squad. (The same goes for Freddy Adu's absence from the U.S. squad).

Instead Lavolpe wanted to go with guys he had played through his coaching stops.... Pathetic, angering, and very very frustrating.

To say I can't stand his stubborn, poignant ways would be a severe understatement.

He will be lucky to make it out alive if he ever goes back to Mexico...

MoSpur
06-21-2006, 11:08 AM
Mexico will be fine

Phenomanul
06-21-2006, 11:30 AM
Mexico will be fine


They will lose to Argentina 4-1

velik_m
06-21-2006, 11:35 AM
They will lose to Argentina 4-1

they won't play Argentina

MaNuMaNiAc
06-21-2006, 11:36 AM
they won't play Argentina
keep talking, meanwhile Holland has to win to support your claim, Argentina only has to draw http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif. Either way good luck, I'm sure it will be fun.

velik_m
06-21-2006, 11:38 AM
too bad Bergkamp isn't playing... :spin

MoSpur
06-21-2006, 11:43 AM
That's what people said about the US when they played Italy. Anything can happen.

ALVAREZ6
06-21-2006, 11:43 AM
Argentina>Holland

MaNuMaNiAc
06-21-2006, 11:58 AM
too bad Bergkamp isn't playing... :spin indeed, too bad Bergkamp isn't playing to save your asses again huh? http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif

kolko
06-21-2006, 01:06 PM
Messi starting for Argentina

Texas_Ranger
06-21-2006, 01:11 PM
Messi starting for Argentina


If he will start than I know that it is going to be a good game. :spin

themvp
06-21-2006, 01:36 PM
If he will start than I know that it is going to be a good game. :spin


:cooldevil

ALVAREZ6
06-21-2006, 01:37 PM
Messi starting for Argentina
Nice.




I hope they bring in Tevez for a good amount of time to dominate. Carlos Tevez is by far my favorite striker in the world.

alamo50
06-21-2006, 01:44 PM
You Argentina's ever heard of Dirk Kuyt or maybe even Ryan Babel?
You will not forget these names after this game.

:king

I hope it will be a good match although the stakes are non excistent.

HUP HOLLAND HUP!!!

polandprzem
06-21-2006, 01:55 PM
GO Argentina GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

atxrocker
06-21-2006, 02:04 PM
go argentina

Texas_Ranger
06-21-2006, 02:21 PM
S&M is kicking Ivory Coast. 2-0 so far.

Bob Lanier
06-21-2006, 02:31 PM
I don't know what's more funny - Argentina's constant flopping or the cutaways to the Aryan Man, robotic, tight-shirted Dutch coach.

Jimcs50
06-21-2006, 02:39 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/id/5716676_7_1.jpg



I'd do her.

polandprzem
06-21-2006, 02:47 PM
Damn looks like no team wants to take a risk (ARG-HOL).
They play calmly and are not putting maximum effort, I can't wait the 1/8 then it will be live or die and hopefully I will see the first fantastic game in theis turnament

velik_m
06-21-2006, 02:51 PM
yawn...

holland could use better wing players.

not impresed by Kuyt

Bob Lanier
06-21-2006, 03:48 PM
Cote d'Ivoire! :elephant

MaNuMaNiAc
06-21-2006, 03:52 PM
both teams played very mediocre. Its understandable, since we are both qualified. All in all it was a rather boring game.

velik_m
06-21-2006, 03:59 PM
both teams played very mediocre. Its understandable, since we are both qualified. All in all it was a rather boring game.

understatement.

i expected more from Riquelme-Messi-Tevez.

neither team gave much effort.

polandprzem
06-21-2006, 04:03 PM
I told you that Argentina is booooring!

Spurologist
06-21-2006, 04:09 PM
The score for the Brazil - Japan game came early.

Brazil 4
Japs 0

Ronaldo Goal (1), Ronaldinho (1); Assist (2), Adriano Goal (1), Kaka Goal (1)

alamo50
06-21-2006, 04:27 PM
Damn.....Argentina sucked, Holland sucked, the game sucked, the dutch fans in the stands sucked.

I would wish good luck to Argentina vs. Mexico, but we need all the luck vs. Portugal.

LET THE TOURNAMENT BEGIN!

:smokin

Phenomanul
06-21-2006, 04:38 PM
He freaking handicapped the team by NOT selecting Mexico's best player to the squad...

BRAVO SUCKS.... a Lavolpe player....

Where is Cuahutemoc Blanco??? Why isn't Andres Guardado playing??? Hell, why isn't anyone from Mexico's World Champion Sub-17 Squad on the team?? Even Giovanni Dos Santos is a better player than half of the current squad (and he's only 18).... Other teams have at least one or two youth sensations on their squad. (The same goes for Freddy Adu's absence from the U.S. squad).

Instead Lavolpe wanted to go with guys he had played through his coaching stops.... Pathetic, angering, and very very frustrating.

To say I can't stand his stubborn, poignant ways would be a severe understatement.

He will be lucky to make it out alive if he ever goes back to Mexico...

It's funny now that Mexico will be playing Argentina (no thanks to the Dutch)... that the weak link in Mexico's squad was the schism created by the Argentine coach and the Mexican people... most notably his reluctance to take Mexico's best offensive threat.

I'd rather have, Javier Aguirre, Hugo Sanchez or even the Coach from Mexico's Sub-17 National Team at the helm of the National Team. Consider that no team has ever won the World Cup with a coach from a different country at the helm... call it coincidence or not but someone not born in that country will only see the position as a job - not as an accountable priviledge... Anyways, it sucks that Lavolpe represents a country he has little respect for.

For the last 6 months or so I had a running thought that if Lavolpe was in front of me I might actually punch him in the face... :madrun :madrun Today I might have taken a plane to Germany just to do so... (of course I'm exaggerating but what I've seen so far was frustrating to the nth degree).

So even while Bravo was screwing every pass, every ball he touched -- Lavolpe decides to have him kick the PK???? He, of course does this to vindicate his stance on having taken Bravo to begin with -- but it cruelly backfired... And why the hell isn't Andres Guardado playing -- that dude is 10 times more athletic than Bravo, Pineda or anyone else who plays that left flank not named Salcido... and though labeled a defender, he is a way better striker than Bravo himself...

Mexico lost to Argentina 4:3 on a penalty shootout in last year's Confederation's Cup 3rd place game... but this year, at the grandest stage of all, Mexico will be outclassed and outdueled by superior team play. Don't get me wrong, Mexico has the talent to compete against the Argentina's and Brazil's of the footballing world... They are simply not fielding that squad, and are therefore not giving themselves a chance to even make it interesting.

Folks this is not pessimism, this is reality. Congrats Argentina on your secure pass to the quarter-finals.

Sense
06-21-2006, 04:54 PM
It's funny now that Mexico will be playing Argentina (no thanks to the Dutch)... that the weak link in Mexico's squad was the schism created by the Argentine coach and the Mexican people... most notably his reluctance to take Mexico's best offensive threat.

I'd rather have, Javier Aguirre, Hugo Sanchez or even the Coach from Mexico's Sub-17 National Team at the helm of the National Team. Consider that no team has ever won the World Cup with a coach from a different country at the helm... call it coincidence or not but someone not born in that country will only see the position as a job - not as an accountable priviledge... Anyways, it sucks that Lavolpe represents a country he has little respect for.

For the last 6 months or so I had a running thought that if Lavolpe was in front of me I might actually punch him in the face... :madrun :madrun Today I might have taken a plane to Germany just to do so... (of course I'm exaggerating but what I've seen so far was frustrating to the nth degree).

So even while Bravo was screwing every pass, every ball he touched -- Lavolpe decides to have him kick the PK???? He, of course does this to vindicate his stance on having taken Bravo to begin with -- but it cruelly backfired... And why the hell isn't Andres Guardado playing -- that dude is 10 times more athletic than Bravo, Pineda or anyone else who plays that left flank not named Salcido... and though labeled a defender, he is a way better striker than Bravo himself...

Mexico lost to Argentina 4:3 on a penalty shootout in last year's Confederation's Cup 3rd place game... but this year, at the grandest stage of all, Mexico will be outclassed and outdueled by superior team play. Don't get me wrong, Mexico has the talent to compete against the Argentina's and Brazil's of the footballing world... They are simply not fielding that squad, and are therefore not giving themselves a chance to even make it interesting.

Folks this is not pessimism, this is reality. Congrats Argentina on your secure pass to the quarter-finals.


I agree with you... but there can always be a surprise... I'll be watching...

Apparently Borgetti will be back.... we still have a good chance.

http://vnexpress.net/Vietnam/The-thao/2005/08/3B9E0D13/b.jpghttp://photodb.kicker.de/photodb/news/normal/321271.jpg

Phenomanul
06-21-2006, 05:09 PM
I agree with you... but there can always be a surprise... I'll be watching...

Apparently Borgetti will be back.... we still have a good chance.


Borgetti is a natural scorer... true... but his game was predicated on speed, and power.... with the only finesse to his game coming in the form of the aerial attack...

Having said that, and considering he is coming back from a 'slight-muscle' tear on his right calf, Borgetti is running on fumes... I wouldn't count on him making much of an impact...

The other angle is that this would only be good news if Lavolpe decided to field Borgetti in place of Bravo... I don't know if that's going to happen. I don't want to see Bravo step on the field again for the remainder of the tournament.

The attack should be Borgetti - Fonseca or Borgetti - Franco... But Lavolpe will again handicap the team by not providing the best combo.

MannyIsGod
06-21-2006, 06:30 PM
The good news is that Fonseca looked very good today. We'll see how it pans out.

danyel
06-21-2006, 07:46 PM
Folks this is not pessimism, this is reality. Congrats Argentina on your secure pass to the quarter-finals.

Don't give up on your team too soon, thats a :nope for a fan.

Mexico is outclassed and outtalented by Argentina, but they still have a slight chance.

Chris Childs
06-21-2006, 07:46 PM
lol

Rip-Hamilton32
06-21-2006, 10:45 PM
lol..im not one for soccer..90 minutes of keep away is worse then lawn bowling

MaNuMaNiAc
06-21-2006, 10:47 PM
Don't get me wrong, Mexico has the talent to compete against the Argentina's and Brazil's of the footballing world... They are simply not fielding that squad, and are therefore not giving themselves a chance to even make it interesting.
No offense, but Mexico wouldn't beat Brasil if their life depended on it. Everything else I agree with

MaNuMaNiAc
06-21-2006, 10:48 PM
lol..im not one for soccer..90 minutes of keep away is worse then lawn bowling
then why the hell post in here?? http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smirolleyes.gif

austinfan
06-21-2006, 11:48 PM
then why the hell post in here?? http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smirolleyes.gif

I don't get why people who don't like soccer feel the need to proclaim the fact so loudly and insistently. Fine, you don't like soccer. Then go post in a thread about the sport you do happen to enjoy. I don't go into threads on American football and talk about how boring and clunky I find it. *shrugs*

Texas_Ranger
06-22-2006, 01:05 AM
Today games:
Italy vs Czech Republic 2-0
Ghana vs USA 2-0 or 0-1 (I would like that USA wins this one, but realistic Ghana is little better)
Croatia vs Australia 1-1 (I want that Croatia wins but it will be very tough)
Brazil vs Japan 3-0

Sense
06-22-2006, 01:38 AM
No offense, but Mexico wouldn't beat Brasil if their life depended on it. Everything else I agree with

That's a stupid remark.... and I acknowledge the fact that we don't have our best team playing..


I don't know why you'd think brasil is looking good so far... in my mind... anyone determined, or not intimidated by brasil can beat them..

Sense
06-22-2006, 01:39 AM
Don't give up on your team too soon, thats a :nope for a fan.

Mexico is outclassed and outtalented by Argentina, but they still have a slight chance.

This was an even more retarded remark... I just lost a lil more respect from u


And I'm hoping you were joking.

MannyIsGod
06-22-2006, 02:08 AM
Argentina and Brazil are in a class greater than Mexico (and most other teams). Thats not to say Mexico can't beat either on any given day, but those two teams are without a doubt in a better class.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-22-2006, 02:16 AM
This was an even more retarded remark... I just lost a lil more respect from u


And I'm hoping you were joking.
why is it retarded? what about it is not true? http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif

MaNuMaNiAc
06-22-2006, 02:20 AM
That's a stupid remark.... and I acknowledge the fact that we don't have our best team playing..


I don't know why you'd think brasil is looking good so far... in my mind... anyone determined, or not intimidated by brasil can beat them..
please! http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif Brasil might be having a bad couple of games, but Mexico is having them worse. It could happen that Mexico beats Brasil, but it would be a cold day in hell if that happened :lmao Sorry, I don't see that happening in a major competition.

T-Pain
06-22-2006, 02:26 AM
Damn US better beat Ghana tomorrow!

polandprzem
06-22-2006, 02:28 AM
Today games:
Portugal 2-1 Mexico
Angola 2-1 Iran
S&M 2-2 Ivory Coast
Netherland 1-3 Argentina

Ivory soiled my two correct queses :cuss

Today games:
Italy vs Czech Republic 1-2
Ghana vs USA 3-2 (Do I have to hear Gerrywhinics again?)
Croatia vs Australia 1-1
Brazil vs Japan 4-1 (yup Japan will score)

MannyIsGod
06-22-2006, 03:16 AM
You guys are forgetting that Ghana is without 2 of their best strikers. Thats going to hurt much more than the 2 players the US is without. If O'Brien was ready to go we'd be ok, but he's still not completely healthy so I doubt he even plays. That being said I still like the idea of moving Donovan to the midfield now that we need help there and hopefully Eddie Johnson will see the damn pitch again.

USA 2-0 over Ghana.

However, I have a sick feeling the Czechs are pissed. And I don't see Italy being able to beat them. Maybe they'll tie, but that does us no good either unless the US wins 320483049380438 - 0 over Ghana. I'm rooting for Italy, but I think that the Czechs win and the US come home after a successful Cup.

Gerryatrics
06-22-2006, 03:20 AM
How is Mexico even close to Brasil? Mexico barley squeaked by in one of the weakest Groups, now all of a sudden they're going to be able to go toe to toe with the favourites to win the Cup? Mexico isn't at the same level with Argentina either, their best squad on the pitch or not, but comparing them to Brasil is really stretching. Even I wouldn't say the US squad can compete directly with the top tier, and I'm the biggest (if not the only one left) US supporter/homer here.

MannyIsGod
06-22-2006, 03:26 AM
I'm a big US suporter dude! :lol

NASpurs
06-22-2006, 03:30 AM
Anyone see this?

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0C003CB8DAB28509

It's going to be in Houston but I might just go to watch Ronaldinho

polandprzem
06-22-2006, 03:36 AM
However, I have a sick feeling the Czechs are pissed. And I don't see Italy being able to beat them. Maybe they'll tie, but that does us no good either unless the US wins 320483049380438 - 0 over Ghana. I'm rooting for Italy, but I think that the Czechs win and the US come home after a successful Cup.

Italy is better team then Czechs, and if Italy will losse then it will be dissaster for whole Italien soccer.
All those corruption and unknown in Italian leauge, the investigation and now losing in the grop level?
Disaster.

Gerryatrics
06-22-2006, 03:37 AM
I'm a big US suporter dude! :lol

Sorry, I hadn't seen you post anything about the US team in a while, and you posted that bit above while I was writing mine.

So, I'm one of two US supporters left and the biggest US homer.

Gerryatrics
06-22-2006, 03:49 AM
Anyone see this?

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0C003CB8DAB28509

It's going to be in Houston but I might just go to watch Ronaldinho

If I lived anywhere near Texas I'd probably go. I'd much rather see Real Madrid play in the US though. I used to be a huge Real Madrid fan back when ESPN used to actually show UEFA and a random assortment of other European games with some regularity. After it became almost impossible to find a game on ESPN and they signed Beckham I became more of a casual fan.

As for Ronaldinho, I haven't really bought into the hype. I'd care more about FC Barcelona the team, instead of just Ronaldinho.

MannyIsGod
06-22-2006, 04:00 AM
Fox has an all soccer channel coming out soon. I'd give my left nut for it.

Jess and I are really contemplating a move to Spain in about a year. Being that close to great soccer would be awesome. I too have always liked Real Madrid mainly because I shared a name with a defender. :lol

SA Gunslinger
06-22-2006, 04:27 AM
Jess and I are really contemplating a move to Spain in about a year. Being that close to great soccer would be awesome. I too have always liked Real Madrid mainly because I shared a name with a defender. :lol

I had a co-worker who lived in Spain and would go on and on about his incredible experience. My favorite thing he talked about was the siestas in the middle of the day and the great late night dinners. I also would love to check out Ibiza one day.

Have you seen that movie "Barcelona?" That was a cool movie about Spain.

Phenomanul
06-22-2006, 07:49 AM
No offense, but Mexico wouldn't beat Brasil if their life depended on it. Everything else I agree with


Look at Mexico's last 8 head-to-head matches with Brasil. I could be wrong but I believe we have beat them more times in that same span than Argentina.

The problem with Mexico is that they always play to the level of their opposition. Be it Italy or Martinica... Brasil or Jamaica... Mexico can't seem to play at a consistent level.... that's where they lack class. Argentina always plays like Argentina (meaning they play like they know they will win).

nkdlunch
06-22-2006, 07:55 AM
OMG, let's face it, Mexico got their asses handed to them by Portugal's B team.

I beleive they have a small chance vs. Argentina especially if they can make it to the penalty kicks. But the statement that Mexico can beat Brazil or Argentina any given day is bullshit. nigga please...

Phenomanul
06-22-2006, 07:59 AM
OMG, let's face it, Mexico got their asses handed to them by Portugal's B team.

I beleive they have a small chance vs. Argentina especially if they can make it to the penalty kicks. But the statement that Mexico can beat Brazil or Argentina any given day is bullshit. nigga please...


Dude, I acknowledge Mexico is playing like crap... In fact I congratulated the Argentineans on their sure win next week.

MaNuMaNiA is saying Mexico doesn't have the talent to play 'tu-por-tu' with Brasil.... and ever since Mexico beat them in the Confederations Cup Final in 1999 Brasil has had trouble with Mexico. They still can beat us when it matters, there's no denying that... but Mexico has been a bigger thorn on Brasil's side lately...

nkdlunch
06-22-2006, 08:12 AM
Dude, I acknowledge Mexico is playing like crap... In fact I congratulated the Argentineans on their sure win next week.

MaNuMaNiA is saying Mexico doesn't have the talent to play 'tu-por-tu' with Brasil.... and ever since Mexico beat them in the Confederations Cup Final in 1999 Brasil has had trouble with Mexico. They still can beat us when it matters, there's no denying that... but Mexico has been a bigger thorn on Brasil's side lately...

could be. but this is the world cup. Mexico has yet to beat a superpower in world cup elimination games, they have never ever done it. Until they do that, they won't get any respect.

Phenomanul
06-22-2006, 08:49 AM
Here it is...

01/21/96 México 2-0 Brasil Copa de Oro Los Angeles
04/30/97 México 0-4 Brasil Amistoso Miami
07/16/97 México 2-3 Brasil Copa América Santa Cruz, Bolivia
12/16/97 México 2-3 Brasil Copa Confederaciones Riyadh A.S.
07/03/99 México 1-2 Brasil Copa América Cd. del Este
07/14/99 México 0-2 Brasil Copa América Cd. del Este
08/04/99 México 4-3 Brasil Copa Confederaciones Final México DF.
03/07/01 México 3-3 Brasil Amistoso Guadalajara (I went to this game it was amazing! Romario scored with about 20 seconds left to give the verde-amarela the tie).
07/12/01 México 1-0 Brasil Copa América Cali, Colombia
05/01/03 México 0-0 Brasil Amistoso Guadalajara
06/13/03 México 1-0 Brasil Copa de Oro México DF.
06/27/03 México 1-0 Brasil Copa de Oro Final México DF.
07/18/04 México 0-4 Brasil Copa América Piura, Peru
06/19/05 México 1-0 Brasil Copa Confederaciones Hannover Germany


Now this doesn't mean México is better than Brasil.... far from it...

It just negates MaNuMaNiA's statement that México cannot compete with them.

Phenomanul
06-22-2006, 08:54 AM
could be. but this is the world cup. Mexico has yet to beat a superpower in world cup elimination games, they have never ever done it. Until they do that, they won't get any respect.

It's about their mentality... México simply doesn't have it. The way they are playing now, I really don't think that México could even hope of having done what the USA did against Italy.

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-22-2006, 09:00 AM
Let's do this.

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/ussoccerstore/01HomeDTOM.jpg

resistanze
06-22-2006, 09:23 AM
Goalllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

resistanze
06-22-2006, 09:24 AM
Renya choked. I would stay down if I were him.

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-22-2006, 09:46 AM
Finally!

MannyIsGod
06-22-2006, 09:47 AM
Why are refs screwing this team?

MannyIsGod
06-22-2006, 09:47 AM
Wow, fuck the refs.

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-22-2006, 09:48 AM
Wtf!

MannyIsGod
06-22-2006, 09:48 AM
Fuck the refs, that one hurt. Fuck the motherfucking refs. Thats a big ass pile of shit.

MannyIsGod
06-22-2006, 09:48 AM
Complete bullshit

polandprzem
06-22-2006, 09:49 AM
Manny is Gerryatrics brother :)


Czechs are out of the turnament. I can't believe it :pctoss x1000000000000
They only beaten the weak USA in WC dammit
This red was stupid.......