View Full Version : The World Cup thread!
Pages :
1
2
[
3]
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
TDMVPDPOY
06-12-2006, 10:55 AM
look out for rosicky on the czech team, i think he plays for liverpool, his been a hot commodity in the market....
velik_m
06-12-2006, 10:57 AM
are you serious!?? The whole game Australia played like CRAP! and then in 10 minutes or so they score 3 goals. The result is going to go a long way to cover how bad Australia really is. Brasil is going to go for broke on the 18th, I'm predicting a 6 - 0 win for Brasil, and I'm being lenient. Australia has a well organized team, with good passing skills and a solid defence, but when it comes to individual talent of their forwards, its practically not there.
Japan... what can I say? its becoming clear exactly how corrupted the officiating was in 2002 for this team to have made it that far.
Still a win is a win, and I have to say the last 10 minutes showed real heart from the Aussies and some fucked up mistakes from Japan. All in all the team that deserved it won. Having said that, this game is meaningless, neither team is making it out of group E.
P.S. WTF are Aloisi and Cahill doing on the bench???
you are holding australia to the standard of Argentina... as someone who wathces a crappy team on regular basis (slovenian NT) i say they played nice and much better than i expected them. and if they beat croatia i'll be happy.
oh and Japan sucks.
Spurologist
06-12-2006, 10:58 AM
So Milan Baros isn't playing today? Anyone got the word on him?
Spurologist
06-12-2006, 11:05 AM
US playing nervous and it showed on that goal
MaNuMaNiAc
06-12-2006, 11:05 AM
yep, saw that coming
TDMVPDPOY
06-12-2006, 11:05 AM
oh and Japan sucks.
stop being arrogant man, japan played okay till they messed up at the end, they showed the weakness and vulnerable of the of the australian defense, you see the wing players kept on penetrating and the aus defenders do shit untill they got inside the box and stuff up
Texas_Ranger
06-12-2006, 11:05 AM
Goalllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllllllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kolerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
polandprzem
06-12-2006, 11:06 AM
Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!! Baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gerryatrics
06-12-2006, 11:09 AM
Shit. Koller is a freaking giant, great idea to let him stand right in front of the goal like that. Come on US!
Texas_Ranger
06-12-2006, 11:10 AM
USA is number 5 on Fifa rankings, Czech Republic is number 2.
MaNuMaNiAc
06-12-2006, 11:21 AM
USA is number 5 on Fifa rankings, Czech Republic is number 2.
you still don't get that those rankings mean nothing do you?
Spurologist
06-12-2006, 11:23 AM
Clint Dempsey should start for the US. PERIOD
Gerryatrics
06-12-2006, 11:25 AM
Clint needs to rawk the mohawk again.
TDMVPDPOY
06-12-2006, 11:25 AM
you still don't get that those rankings mean nothing do you?
they play against scrub teams in there region hahahhaa, just like australia but australia is rank 40+ in the world :(:(
Spurologist
06-12-2006, 11:25 AM
Clint needs to rawk the mohawk again.
:lol You are thinking of Clint Mathis of four years ago. Demspey is new age. Mathis is done and washed up.
Gerryatrics
06-12-2006, 11:27 AM
...oh yeah. Sorry, I just saw "Clint" and had warm fuzzy thoughts about 2002.
Spurologist
06-12-2006, 11:28 AM
Fuck. Fuck
MaNuMaNiAc
06-12-2006, 11:28 AM
Holy Shit!!! REYNA
Texas_Ranger
06-12-2006, 11:28 AM
Big chance was that for USA
TDMVPDPOY
06-12-2006, 11:29 AM
theres a difference in a good team to a scrub team, and usa is showin how they are scrubs.
Gerryatrics
06-12-2006, 11:31 AM
So close... so close...
MaNuMaNiAc
06-12-2006, 11:33 AM
30 minutes into the game and the US is being thoroughly outmatched
MaNuMaNiAc
06-12-2006, 11:34 AM
theres a difference in a good team to a scrub team, and usa is showin how they are scrubs.
dude, you have some serious hating in you
Gerryatrics
06-12-2006, 11:35 AM
No freaking way.
MaNuMaNiAc
06-12-2006, 11:35 AM
Nice goal, I got to say
Texas_Ranger
06-12-2006, 11:35 AM
Oh Shit!!!
Spurologist
06-12-2006, 11:35 AM
G
A
M
E
O
V
E
R
MannyIsGod
06-12-2006, 11:36 AM
Wow, piss poor clearing and defense from the US today. That shit is not going to get it done. There were so many mistakes on that last goal and then the Czechs come up with a huge goal.
Spurologist
06-12-2006, 11:36 AM
It doesn't matter who you are at Goalkeeper, you are not saving that shot
Texas_Ranger
06-12-2006, 11:36 AM
Great goal by Rosicky.
resistanze
06-12-2006, 11:37 AM
bad ass goal
Gerryatrics
06-12-2006, 11:37 AM
That was just an amazing strike, can't really fault Keller for that. Damn.
MannyIsGod
06-12-2006, 11:38 AM
When will the US start attacking? Godamn, unlease our speedsters.
MannyIsGod
06-12-2006, 11:38 AM
No, you don't fault Keller, but you sure as hell fault the shitty clear.
Spurologist
06-12-2006, 11:39 AM
To even get a glimpse at a goal. McBride and Convey out. E Johnson and Demspey in.
MannyIsGod
06-12-2006, 11:41 AM
To be fair, the Czechs are goal scores. Thats their thing. But man, apart from a few flashes the USA just looks completely out of their leauge.
Gerryatrics
06-12-2006, 11:42 AM
Lewis and DMB have both been a step slow, actually you could say that about the whole team. They aren't going to earn anybody's respect playing like this.
MannyIsGod
06-12-2006, 11:43 AM
Yeah, I'm kinda annoyed Johnson didn't start. I thought a big part of the US having shots would be having him in with Donovan back at midfield. If you want to get Donovan more touches at this point - and you do - you should move him back because they aren't getting him the ball up front worth a damn.
MannyIsGod
06-12-2006, 11:44 AM
God, the crosses have been pathetic today as well.
Spurologist
06-12-2006, 11:44 AM
This just in. Roethlisberger injured in motorcycle accident
Roethlisberger injured in motorcycle accident.
Didn't he say he would never get injured via motocycle. Right.
Texas_Ranger
06-12-2006, 11:44 AM
Koller is injured, shit for Czechs. Now Baros and Koller are injured. Two best Czechs players, after Nedved.
MannyIsGod
06-12-2006, 11:45 AM
Also, because the Czechs scored that first goal so quickly, they were able to just start packing it in. That hurt as well but at some point you have to adjust for it.
Gerryatrics
06-12-2006, 11:45 AM
We need McBride in there. I'm mixed on Eddie Johnson, he's fast enough to get past the Czech defenders but he hasn't shown he can finish with any consistency lately.
MannyIsGod
06-12-2006, 11:47 AM
Such a dissapointing first half. I could deal with 1-0, but 2-0 is not what I was expecting out of this team. This blows.
Spurologist
06-12-2006, 11:48 AM
We need McBride in there. I'm mixed on Eddie Johnson, he's fast enough to get past the Czech defenders but he hasn't shown he can finish with any consistency lately.
That's risk you to take when your team can't do shit out there. One chance the whole half is pathetic.
resistanze
06-12-2006, 11:48 AM
This just in. Roethlisberger injured in motorcycle accident
Roethlisberger injured in motorcycle accident.
Didn't he say he would never get injured via motocycle. Right.
And he prefers not to wear a helmet? Hard to sympatsize.
velik_m
06-12-2006, 11:48 AM
Losing Koller is a big blow for Czechs, hope it isn't for the remainder of tournament
TDMVPDPOY
06-12-2006, 11:49 AM
care to explain what happen as im not watchin this game atm
MaNuMaNiAc
06-12-2006, 11:49 AM
This first half is reinforces what everyone in the world already knows, Czech Republic is a top notch team and while the US is good, they still have a lot to go. Still, 45 minutes left and Koller is out. This might just be the break the US has been needing.
TDMVPDPOY
06-12-2006, 11:52 AM
why dont we live chat instead?
MannyIsGod
06-12-2006, 11:53 AM
Losing Koeller means jack shit for this game. The USA needs to put up 2 goals which they don't show any chance of getting. Man, at this point I hope we get some shots on goal in order to build on for Italy. The Czechs are damn good.
TDMVPDPOY
06-12-2006, 11:53 AM
This first half is reinforces what everyone in the world already knows, Czech Republic is a top notch team and while the US is good, they still have a lot to go. Still, 45 minutes left and Koller is out. This might just be the break the US has been needing.
czech up 2-0, all they do now is just play defense and flood there backhalf :D:D
is demarcus beasley even playin? besides him usa team is a bunch of scrubs.
polandprzem
06-12-2006, 11:56 AM
At least USA is fighting and playing up to their potential
Spurologist
06-12-2006, 11:56 AM
This first half is reinforces what everyone in the world already knows, Czech Republic is a top notch team and while the US is good, they still have a lot to go. Still, 45 minutes left and Koller is out. This might just be the break the US has been needing.
You might be singing a different tune if the US got one of the top 8 seeds in the world cup. Instead Mexico got it; a team that the US beat in qualifying and are ahead of in the rankings. Rankings don't mean shit but if Fifa has it, they should use it.
Mexico's group - Portugal, Angola, Iran. Big difference with US' group.
Yes, US is not quite up there with half of the European teams. They need to get some attackers in the game. Johnson and Dempsey should see time to even stand a chance.
MaNuMaNiAc
06-12-2006, 11:56 AM
Losing Koeller means jack shit for this game. The USA needs to put up 2 goals which they don't show any chance of getting. Man, at this point I hope we get some shots on goal in order to build on for Italy. The Czechs are damn good.
Losing Koller means less chance of another goal. If you know anything about Czech football you know that their offense is twice as deadly with Koller than without him. His talent for header's is unparalelled in the team.
MaNuMaNiAc
06-12-2006, 11:57 AM
You might be singing a different tune if the US got one of the top 8 seeds in the world cup. Instead Mexico got it; a team that the US beat in qualifying and are ahead of in the rankings. Rankings don't mean shit but if Fifa has it, they should use it.
Mexico's group - Portugal, Angola, Iran. Big difference with US' group.
Yes, US is not quite up there with half of the European teams. They need to get some attackers in the game. Johnson and Dempsey should see time to even stand a chance.
what?
Spurologist
06-12-2006, 11:59 AM
what?
about the top 8 seeds??
Fifa picks the best 8 teams in the world cup and they avoid meeting each other in group play
MaNuMaNiAc
06-12-2006, 12:00 PM
about the top 8 seeds??
Fifa picks the best 8 teams in the world cup and they avoid meeting each other in group play
what does that have to do with anything? Mexico isn't that good either. They're good, just not great
MannyIsGod
06-12-2006, 12:00 PM
The Czechs getting another goal really is the last thing the USA needs to worry about when they can't even get shots on goal. The first thing they need to fix is that because otherwise it won't matter if the Czechs score another 340984093839 goals.
MannyIsGod
06-12-2006, 12:02 PM
Good, Johnson is in. I like Obrien in as well too. Lets play some fucking offense.
Gerryatrics
06-12-2006, 12:02 PM
EJ in.
Spurologist
06-12-2006, 12:02 PM
what does that have to do with anything? Mexico isn't that good either. They're good, just not great
US would have a better chance of advancing if they were in the top 8.
Nevermind. It is what it is
MaNuMaNiAc
06-12-2006, 12:03 PM
US would have a better chance of advancing if they were in the top 8.
Nevermind. It is what it is
why? really I want to know how to reach that conclusion? Argentina is a Top 8, and the US wouldn't win even one game in our group http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smirolleyes.gif
TDMVPDPOY
06-12-2006, 12:04 PM
seedin doesnt mean shit, if the teams drawn into ur table could be underrated teams out of the top 10-15, their actual results mite look poor, but players on paper look good. group of death
~Sweetmelody~
06-12-2006, 12:05 PM
Let's Go USA- I BELIEVE!
Spurologist
06-12-2006, 12:06 PM
why? really I want to know how to reach that conclusion? Argentina is a Top 8, and the US wouldn't win even one game in our group http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smirolleyes.gif
This is after the gorup bracket was picked. There was controversy that the US should have taken Mexico spot in the top 8. Take Mexico out of their group and put US in there, you have a better chance. That's all i'm saying.
Gerryatrics
06-12-2006, 12:07 PM
Cherundolo and Mastroeni out, well, it's definitely all or nothing.
MaNuMaNiAc
06-12-2006, 12:07 PM
This is after the gorup bracket was picked. There was controversy that the US should have taken Mexico spot in the top 8. Take Mexico out of their group and put US in there, you have a better chance. That's all i'm saying.
oh, ok, that makes a bit more sense
Spurologist
06-12-2006, 12:08 PM
3-0 just flashed before Keller's eyes
MaNuMaNiAc
06-12-2006, 12:09 PM
3-0 just flashed before Keller's eyes
http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif yeah, that was close
MannyIsGod
06-12-2006, 12:11 PM
I'm sick of these crappy crosses
resistanze
06-12-2006, 12:11 PM
I hate Nedved for some reason. Moreso when he plays for Juve.
TDMVPDPOY
06-12-2006, 12:12 PM
This is after the gorup bracket was picked. There was controversy that the US should have taken Mexico spot in the top 8. Take Mexico out of their group and put US in there, you have a better chance. That's all i'm saying.
but that doesnt garunsheed you a win every game, in soccer there are upsets and most games either end up a draw. look at australia for example, brasil/croatia/japan all have higher rankings then australia, and no one would even think australia to pull an upset.
did you guys really expect that scrub team to put in 2 goals or cause the german team twable in the opener? no.
Spurologist
06-12-2006, 12:12 PM
I hate Nedved for some reason. Moreso when he plays for Juve.
He is a licensed diver, but I still respect his game
MannyIsGod
06-12-2006, 12:14 PM
Am I missing some rule change? Are teams allowed more than 2 subs now?
Spurologist
06-12-2006, 12:15 PM
Am I missing some rule change? Are teams allowed more than 2 subs now?
3
TDMVPDPOY
06-12-2006, 12:16 PM
Am I missing some rule change? Are teams allowed more than 2 subs now?
3 max, friendlies 8 or unlimited i think
nedved plays for juv, team has been under investigation for matchfixin, he also has a liscense in that hahahaha
MaNuMaNiAc
06-12-2006, 12:16 PM
In all fairness Czech Republic is doing a hell of a job on defence
Gerryatrics
06-12-2006, 12:16 PM
The US can't even get the ball past the freakin' half-way line. Try passing to your strikers instead of the goalkeeper, just a thought.
MaNuMaNiAc
06-12-2006, 12:17 PM
Am I missing some rule change? Are teams allowed more than 2 subs now?
http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif dude, its always been 3
MaNuMaNiAc
06-12-2006, 12:18 PM
Keller seems solid
TDMVPDPOY
06-12-2006, 12:18 PM
nedved scores :D
MannyIsGod
06-12-2006, 12:18 PM
Its always been 3? What the fuck? Man, either I've lost too many brain cells or I've never been able to count.
MannyIsGod
06-12-2006, 12:19 PM
Fuck man, this attack is fucking pathetic!!!
Gerryatrics
06-12-2006, 12:20 PM
I knew it was 3 in the World Cup. Thought it was 6 in friendlies though.
MannyIsGod
06-12-2006, 12:20 PM
Try something!!! Enough of this passing back and forth - especially back, move forward - just try something.
MaNuMaNiAc
06-12-2006, 12:20 PM
Its always been 3? What the fuck? Man, either I've lost too many brain cells or I've never been able to count.
http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif its been 3 as long as I can remember
TDMVPDPOY
06-12-2006, 12:21 PM
the performance of this game really reflects usa team < all scrub teams in WC who have either draw or pulled upsets against stronger teams.
at leasts try n score a goal to make the score respectable, wait....dont think that will happen
MaNuMaNiAc
06-12-2006, 12:21 PM
See if Koller was in, this situation woul dbe a bitch
MaNuMaNiAc
06-12-2006, 12:23 PM
the performance of this game really reflects usa team < all scrub teams in WC who have either draw or pulled upsets against stronger teams.
at leasts try n score a goal to make the score respectable, wait....dont think that will happen
dude, dial down the hating at least until the end of the game http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smirolleyes.gif
TDMVPDPOY
06-12-2006, 12:23 PM
score and time plz?
shouldve betted on 4+ goals :)
Spurologist
06-12-2006, 12:25 PM
Rosicky is SICK
MannyIsGod
06-12-2006, 12:25 PM
I hope Ghana and Italy draw
Spurologist
06-12-2006, 12:25 PM
score and time plz?
shouldve betted on 4+ goals :)
68 mins 2-0 CR
Gerryatrics
06-12-2006, 12:25 PM
Yikes, the Czechs are shooting away.
Aggie Hoopsfan
06-12-2006, 12:25 PM
Man, USA looks like shit. Pathetic showing.
MannyIsGod
06-12-2006, 12:25 PM
Man, the Czechs might leave this group with 9 points
Spurologist
06-12-2006, 12:27 PM
Finally Johnson does something. Fire away bitches.
Gerryatrics
06-12-2006, 12:28 PM
What? Someone from the US actually took a shot? That makes what... 2?
MannyIsGod
06-12-2006, 12:28 PM
At least Johnson has gotten a couple of shots off now. Beasly hadn't done a damn thing today. I'm really dissapointed in him.
I H8 Mavs Fans
06-12-2006, 12:29 PM
This shit's over, if the NBA has taught us anything, this is the year of the Nazi, let's go Germany :td
MannyIsGod
06-12-2006, 12:30 PM
Horrible last balls every damn time!
TDMVPDPOY
06-12-2006, 12:31 PM
after beatin japan, i dont think japan is goin to send any japanese made products to australia :(:(
Gerryatrics
06-12-2006, 12:32 PM
Damnit, so close... again... The US can't finish...
MannyIsGod
06-12-2006, 12:33 PM
Rosicky has killed us. Rosick > USA :lol
MaNuMaNiAc
06-12-2006, 12:33 PM
Yes, now its GAME OVER
Gerryatrics
06-12-2006, 12:33 PM
Eh, saw that one coming.
Bob Lanier
06-12-2006, 12:33 PM
Rozicki scores again!
Nedved is phenomenal, and the US is just completely overmatched.
MannyIsGod
06-12-2006, 12:33 PM
When was the last time Keller gave up 3 goals?
MaNuMaNiAc
06-12-2006, 12:34 PM
Well I guess the notion that the US and Czech Republic were on the same level was shattered to pieces with this game
resistanze
06-12-2006, 12:34 PM
*brought fork that I was eating with*
It's done.
TDMVPDPOY
06-12-2006, 12:34 PM
can you guys at least make the game respectful? :D
Gerryatrics
06-12-2006, 12:34 PM
Wolff in, I'd rather have Ching, we need some size out there. Doesn't matter now though.
MaNuMaNiAc
06-12-2006, 12:35 PM
can you guys at least make the game respectful? :D
Someone make sure you quote this guy when Brasil is handing them their ass on a platter.
TDMVPDPOY
06-12-2006, 12:35 PM
When was the last time Keller gave up 3 goals?
what happen to the other goalie? the one from the koreajapan WC? he was pretty good and showed some skills in the english premier league, then he became a scrub overnight
~Sweetmelody~
06-12-2006, 12:36 PM
When was the last time Keller gave up 3 goals?
*sigh* keller curse? :lol
Man, this stinks! Oh well *sigh*
MannyIsGod
06-12-2006, 12:37 PM
Well I guess the notion that the US and Czech Republic were on the same level was shattered to pieces with this gameI'm not sure how many people were under that notion to be honest. I felt it was possible for the US to steal a win or a draw here, but I always thought the better shot of a win is/was against Italy.
I'm pretty dissapointed in the overall performance though. I think if the Reyna shot goes in, then perhaps the game develops differently but man they just got run over.
I hope they show a better game on Saturday.
Gerryatrics
06-12-2006, 12:38 PM
They can't even get a cross into the box. At least EJ isn't shy about shooting.
TDMVPDPOY
06-12-2006, 12:38 PM
Someone make sure you quote this guy when Brasil is handing them their ass on a platter.
whats ur prediction? 6-0?
Aggie Hoopsfan
06-12-2006, 12:39 PM
Keller's a great goalie, but it doesn't help when the Czechs are getting one on one opportunties every time down against him. :td
The US looks like they're tanking this one.
MaNuMaNiAc
06-12-2006, 12:39 PM
I'm not sure how many people were under that notion to be honest. I felt it was possible for the US to steal a win or a draw here, but I always thought the better shot of a win is/was against Italy.
I'm pretty dissapointed in the overall performance though. I think if the Reyna shot goes in, then perhaps the game develops differently but man they just got run over.
I hope they show a better game on Saturday.
yeah me too, I thought if Reyna's shot went in, this game would have turned out quite differently.
Spurologist
06-12-2006, 12:39 PM
It will be do or die against the Italians
MaNuMaNiAc
06-12-2006, 12:39 PM
whats ur prediction? 6-0?
yup
MannyIsGod
06-12-2006, 12:43 PM
Well, if they win the next 2 games they can advance. If Ghana and Italy draw then there are even more possibilities. I don't think the Czechs lose a damn game though. They look damn good.
TDMVPDPOY
06-12-2006, 12:45 PM
5th seed of crap
Gerryatrics
06-12-2006, 12:48 PM
I guess the US is back to being the joke of international football. The US team just set US Soccer back 20 years with their performance.
MaNuMaNiAc
06-12-2006, 12:50 PM
The US vs Czech Repub. is a tough call, I want to say 1 - 1, but I think it will be something like US 1 - 3 Czech
Extra Stout
06-12-2006, 12:51 PM
Well, if they win the next 2 games they can advance. If Ghana and Italy draw then there are even more possibilities. I don't think the Czechs lose a damn game though. They look damn good.
Are the Czechs really that good or are the Americans simply worthless sacks of shit?
Spurologist
06-12-2006, 12:51 PM
Well, if they win the next 2 games they can advance. If Ghana and Italy draw then there are even more possibilities. I don't think the Czechs lose a damn game though. They look damn good.
Key matches: CR v. Italy and Ghana v. Italy
CR has to beat Italy and Ghana has to at least tie Italy if US has a realistic shot at advancing
MannyIsGod
06-12-2006, 12:51 PM
I'm holding judgement on the entire team just yet. It was a horrible game but I know they're capable of playing much better than this. In 02 you had a game like this against Poland who wasn't nearly the team that the Czechs are.
Eddie Johnson needs to start.
blaze89
06-12-2006, 12:51 PM
That sucked.
I'm kinda glad I didn't see it on TV - had to use the computer at work to keep up with the game.
MoSpur
06-12-2006, 12:52 PM
I had a feeling the US was going to lose. I hate that crap.
TDMVPDPOY
06-12-2006, 12:52 PM
I guess the US is back to being the joke of international football. The US team just set US Soccer back 20 years with their performance.
i dont think teamusa can even beat NZ or a scrub team in other regions.
are there any players on the team that plays outside of MLS in top euopean leagues?
TDMVPDPOY
06-12-2006, 12:55 PM
Key matches: CR v. Italy and Ghana v. Italy
CR has to beat Italy and Ghana has to at least tie Italy if US has a realistic shot at advancing
you really think usa can beat ghana? ghana is like the senegal team of this group, they can cause upsets imo.
Spurologist
06-12-2006, 12:56 PM
i dont think teamusa can even beat NZ or a scrub team in other regions.
are there any players on the team that plays outside of MLS in top euopean leagues?
Not really.
Beasley - PSV
McBride - Fulham
Convey - Reading
Oguchi - State de Liege
Cherundelo - Hannover 96
MaNuMaNiAc
06-12-2006, 12:56 PM
i dont think teamusa can even beat NZ or a scrub team in other regions.
are there any players on the team that plays outside of MLS in top euopean leagues?
are you serious? the US could probably beat Australia with ease! http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif That victory against Japan has really inflated that ego huh?
MannyIsGod
06-12-2006, 12:56 PM
The team can beat Italy and Ghana. I don't think anyone thinks thats impossible. If that happens, then the US needs to hope for that the Czechs run the table or Ghana at least ties Italy later on today.
I think more than likely Italy wins later today so they and the Czechs will both have 3 points. Its going to be rough man. It all hinges on that Italy game now.
velik_m
06-12-2006, 12:56 PM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif its been 3 as long as I can remember
you are young...
it used to be 2, than i think 2+1, now for a very long time 3. friendlies: whatever the deal between teams is.
USA was jujst outclassed today. like i said they will have to seek their chances against Italy, which is in my opinion weaker then CR (not much though).
MaNuMaNiAc
06-12-2006, 12:58 PM
you are young...
it used to be 2, than i think 2+1, now for a very long time 3. friendlies: whatever the deal between teams is.
USA was jujst outclassed today. like i said they will have to seek their chances against Italy, which is in my opinion weaker then CR (not much though).
well its been 3 for decades now at least, so yeah, perhaps in the 1950's or 60's
velik_m
06-12-2006, 12:58 PM
i dont think teamusa can even beat NZ or a scrub team in other regions.
are there any players on the team that plays outside of MLS in top euopean leagues?
and you called me arogant... :rolleyes
MannyIsGod
06-12-2006, 12:58 PM
Yeah, what the fuck is it with this guy? They lose to the 2nd best team in the world and now they're all scrubs?
velik_m
06-12-2006, 12:59 PM
well its been 3 for decades now at least, so yeah, perhaps in the 1950's or 60's
:lol
MaNuMaNiAc
06-12-2006, 01:04 PM
Yeah, what the fuck is it with this guy? They lose to the 2nd best team in the world and now they're all scrubs?
I wouldn't call the Czech Repub the second best team in the world, but they sure are up there with the best of them. The guy just has something against the US, must be a political thing http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif
Spurologist
06-12-2006, 01:04 PM
I'm out. :pctoss work
Maybe Brazil should rest their starters and play their second team. They'd still win 2-0. Come to think of it: Brazil's second team could proabably get to the semi finals.
MannyIsGod
06-12-2006, 01:05 PM
Who's better than the Czechs?
I H8 Mavs Fans
06-12-2006, 01:06 PM
This shit's over, if the NBA has taught us anything, this is the year of the Nazi, let's go Germany :td
\\
http://www.multimediapalace.com/fl/flags-02/g/de-flag1.gif
MaNuMaNiAc
06-12-2006, 01:06 PM
I'm out. :pctoss work
Maybe Brazil should rest their starters and play their second team. They'd still win 2-0. Come to think of it: Brazil's second team could proabably get to the semi finals.
no shit, its amazing how deep their roster is, its mindnumbing
MannyIsGod
06-12-2006, 01:07 PM
:lol
Alexi Lalas is pissed in the studio.
MoSpur
06-12-2006, 01:08 PM
Czech isn't the second best. There are tougher teams than the Czech. The US just didn't play their best. Nowhere near.
MannyIsGod
06-12-2006, 01:08 PM
Man, its bad enough I have to deal with some of these idiots in the Spurs forum, now I have to deal with them here too? Fuck that.
MoSpur
06-12-2006, 01:08 PM
Argentina and Brazil are better than Czech.
MaNuMaNiAc
06-12-2006, 01:10 PM
Who's better than the Czechs?
well, I would put England at least, and perhaps Argentina, although I think in an Argentina vs Czech Repub, the matchup would favor the Czechians.
TDMVPDPOY
06-12-2006, 01:10 PM
I wouldn't call the Czech Repub the second best team in the world, but they sure are up there with the best of them. The guy just has something against the US, must be a political thing http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif
nothin against the usa, but when u got a rankin of 5th, and boastin n shit, you should be able to back that up. hell the coach even called out team australia when the drawin was made, that they can beat australia on any day of the week.
MaNuMaNiAc
06-12-2006, 01:12 PM
nothin against the usa, but when u got a rankin of 5th, and boastin n shit, you should be able to back that up. hell the coach even called out team australia when the drawin was made, that they can beat australia on any day of the week.
The fact that the ranking is bullshit is not their fault, and every team is hopefull about their chances. People are getting pissed at americans just because FIFA fucked up with the ranking. Yes, the US does not belong at #5, but that is not going to change unless FIFA changes it.
MannyIsGod
06-12-2006, 01:13 PM
Boasting? What the fuck are you talking about. Everyone knows the fifth place FIFA ranking is BS.
You're a fucking douche.
I'm not sold on England just yet. They looked pretty bad in their first match.
velik_m
06-12-2006, 01:13 PM
well its been 3 for decades now at least, so yeah, perhaps in the 1950's or 60's
from:
http://www.fifa.com/en/history/history/0,1283,2,00.html
from 1988 2 subs
from 1994 2+1
from 1995 3 subs
so... a little over a decade old rule.
GrandeDavid
06-12-2006, 01:14 PM
U.S. got outmatched and outclassed. Nice effort but CLEARLY the superior team won. Now the game against Italy on Saturday is do or die, literally.
TDMVPDPOY
06-12-2006, 01:14 PM
well, I would put England at least, and perhaps Argentina, although I think in an Argentina vs Czech Repub, the matchup would favor the Czechians.
england can put up a good fight against brasil + argentina imo.
problem with england just like most european teams is that they are either rebuildin with young guys with little international experience at a stage like this.
crouch is fuckn shit like i mention, he had nothin else to his game besides height.
MoSpur
06-12-2006, 01:16 PM
I am a huge USA fan, but I am running out of ways to defend them when it comes to World Cup soccer. There is no excuses. There are just better teams out there. At least right now. They need to prepare better. They have fours years. Four years to prepare for this!!!!
Sense
06-12-2006, 01:16 PM
Boasting? What the fuck are you talking about. Everyone knows the fifth place FIFA ranking is BS.
You're a fucking douche.
I'm not sold on England just yet. They looked pretty bad in their first match.
The players do boast.....
Didn't one of them say they could beat anyone in the world on any given night?
I thought that was pretty hilarious.
MaNuMaNiAc
06-12-2006, 01:17 PM
from:
http://www.fifa.com/en/history/history/0,1283,2,00.html
from 1988 2 subs
from 1994 2+1
from 1995 3 subs
so... a little over a decade old rule.
really? wow I guess I'm with Manny on this one then http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smiembarassed.gif
TDMVPDPOY
06-12-2006, 01:20 PM
The fact that the ranking is bullshit is not their fault, and every team is hopefull about their chances. People are getting pissed at americans just because FIFA fucked up with the ranking. Yes, the US does not belong at #5, but that is not going to change unless FIFA changes it.
if you guys dont see usa rank 5th, what rank you think they should be at?
Trainwreck2100
06-12-2006, 01:22 PM
12
velik_m
06-12-2006, 01:22 PM
if you guys dont see usa rank 5th, what rank you think they should be at?
USA? somewhere around 16th place
tlongII
06-12-2006, 01:26 PM
That game just put USA soccer back 20 years. It was an absolute disgrace.
Sense
06-12-2006, 01:27 PM
USA? somewhere around 16th place
:tu yep
MaNuMaNiAc
06-12-2006, 01:28 PM
if you guys dont see usa rank 5th, what rank you think they should be at?
Brasil, England, Argentina ,France, Germany, Netherlands, Spain, Italy, Czech Republic, Croatia
all these are better than the US so I'm guessing 11, but there are also other teams that could also be considered better than the US, just not as sure as the ones above.
MannyIsGod
06-12-2006, 01:30 PM
I want the USA players thinking they can beat any team on any given night. They can! If you go out there as a competitor thinking you can't win, then you won't even have a shot.
You're just a fucking moron TDMVPDPOY. I can't wait to see your team get spanked.
Ariel
06-12-2006, 01:32 PM
USA is number 5 on Fifa rankings, Czech Republic is number 2.
5th seed of crap
FIFA rankings have to be the worst indication in all of sports. If you want proof, just take a look at the betting odds to win the WC, and tell me why the team ranked by FIFA at no. 5 (USA) paid 100 to 1, 13.5 times as much as the team ranked by FIFA at no. 10 (England) did, at 7.4 to 1. England ranked 2nd according to the bookies, whereas USA ranked 15th, at 100 to 1. That should tell you something.
If rankings were thought to be anywhere near accurate, with those odds hell would break lose in the betting world.
http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/5990/worldcupodds2pg.jpg
look at australia for example, brasil/croatia/japan all have higher rankings then australia, and no one would even think australia to pull an upset.
Australia was the favorite today. In fact, betting odds had an Australian win pay less than a tie, which subsequently paid less than a Japan win.
Who's better than the Czechs?
It's difficult to assess teams right now, because many have gone through changes so you can't take their past performances as a definitive indication, but for instance, purely from a talent standpoint alone I'd put Brazil, England, Argentina, France, Germany, Netherlands, Italy, and possibly others over the Czechs as well. The Czechs are a very good team, though.
Sense
06-12-2006, 01:32 PM
Brasil, England, Argentina ,France, Germany, Netherlands, Spain, Italy, Czech Republic, Croatia
all these are better than the US so I'm guessing 11, but there are also other teams that could also be considered better than the US, just not as sure as the ones above.
Mexico... *cough* call me a homer.
velik_m
06-12-2006, 01:33 PM
Brasil, England, Argentina ,France, Germany, Netherlands, Spain, Italy, Czech Republic, Croatia
all these are better than the US so I'm guessing 11, but there are also other teams that could also be considered better than the US, just not as sure as the ones above.
croatia? CROATIA???
how about portugal
MoSpur
06-12-2006, 01:33 PM
Everyone is going to doubt the US now because of today's game, but this can help the US get motivated even more. They shouldn't have to have to lose to get motivated when its the World Cup, but its not over.
I still hold out a lot of hope. The US is a good team. They have to and will bounce back.
austinfan
06-12-2006, 01:34 PM
Well, this loss certainly is disappointing. I wasn't sure we could win, but I did expect it to be closer. I'm just hoping that we've hit bottom with this game and that there's no where else to go but up when we play Italy and Ghana.
As a Brazil fan, though, I'm starting to get nervous about the fact that the Seleção will be facing either the Czechs or the Italians in the first game of the elimination rounds. :(
MoSpur
06-12-2006, 01:35 PM
I honestly think Mexico is better than the US, but for some reason I have a good feeling the US will take Mexico if they were to meet in the tourney.
TDMVPDPOY
06-12-2006, 01:36 PM
Rank Team +/-Rank
Apr 06 Pts:
May 06 +/-Pts:
Apr 06
1 Brazil 0 827 -3
2 Czech Republic 0 772 -7
3 Netherlands 0 768 -6
4 Mexico 2 758 0
5 USA -1 756 -4
5 Spain 0 756 -3
7 Portugal 1 750 -3
8 France -1 749 -5
9 Argentina -1 746 -7
10 England 0 741 -3
11 Nigeria 1 736 -1
11 Denmark 0 736 -2
13 Italy 1 728 -3
14 Turkey -1 726 -7
15 Cameroon 0 722 -1
16 Sweden 0 709 -8
17 Egypt 1 708 0
18 Japan -1 705 -4
19 Germany 0 696 -3
20 Greece -1 694 -5
Rank Team +/-Rank
Apr 06 Pts:
May 06 +/-Pts:
Apr 06
21 Tunisia 0 693 -1
22 Uruguay 0 689 -3
23 Iran -1 686 -6
23 Croatia 1 686 -4
25 Romania 0 685 -2
26 Costa Rica 0 683 -3
27 Colombia 0 681 -3
28 Senegal 1 679 -2
29 Poland -1 677 -5
29 Korea Republic 1 677 -1
31 Republic of Ireland -1 671 -7
32 Côte d'Ivoire 0 669 1
33 Paraguay 0 653 -4
34 Saudi Arabia 0 651 -4
35 Switzerland 0 648 -3
36 Morocco 0 646 -3
37 Russia 0 645 -3
37 Bulgaria 1 645 3
39 Ecuador 0 631 -5
40 Norway 0 627 -7
Rank Team +/-Rank
Apr 06 Pts:
May 06 +/-Pts:
Apr 06
41 Slovakia 2 613 -2
42 Honduras -1 612 -4
42 Australia 2 612 -2
44 Serbia and Montenegro 2 610 -2
45 Ukraine -4 609 -7
46 Jamaica -2 607 -7
47 Trinidad and Tobago 0 604 -3
48 Ghana 2 600 -2
49 Finland 0 599 -5
49 Israel -2 599 -8
51 Guinea 1 597 0
52 Iraq 0 595 -2
53 South Africa -2 593 -5
54 Bahrain 0 588 -5
55 Zimbabwe 0 586 -4
56 Belgium 0 582 -1
57 Angola 1 581 3
57 Zambia -1 581 -2
59 Scotland 3 576 12
60 Uzbekistan -1 571 -3
there are a few teams 20-50 that is better than usa
MaNuMaNiAc
06-12-2006, 01:37 PM
I want the USA players thinking they can beat any team on any given night. They can! If you go out there as a competitor thinking you can't win, then you won't even have a shot.
You're just a fucking moron TDMVPDPOY. I can't wait to see your team get spanked.
they will man, don't you worry about that http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif
MaNuMaNiAc
06-12-2006, 01:38 PM
croatia? CROATIA???
how about portugal
Well in 2002, Portugal lost to the US 3 - 2, so I don't know. I suppose if we're judging things "on paper" yeah Portugal is better, still, their first game was crap.
themvp
06-12-2006, 01:41 PM
Those rankings are fake.
Italy vs Ghana next game. Your predictions?
I think Italia will start agressive, score one or two goal and then will play classic (boring) Italian defense...
MoSpur
06-12-2006, 01:42 PM
Italy should win. That doesn't mean jack though.
MaNuMaNiAc
06-12-2006, 01:45 PM
Italy is going to win 2 - 0
nkdlunch
06-12-2006, 01:45 PM
Could someone please explain to me why the US media and fans are putting so much pressure on the US team this world cup???
The US has always been the cinderella of the world cups... What has changed this time? absolutely nothing. Why are people pissed and shocked that they got beat by a clearly better team the Czechs????
Today was a reality check. Just because US and Mexico regularly beats on lowly Central American teams doesn't make them a superpower. :rolleyes
resistanze
06-12-2006, 01:46 PM
go ghana!
velik_m
06-12-2006, 01:53 PM
Go Ghana!
MannyIsGod
06-12-2006, 01:54 PM
Could someone please explain to me why the US media and fans are putting so much pressure on the US team this world cup???
The US has always been the cinderella of the world cups... What has changed this time? absolutely nothing. Why are people pissed and shocked that they got beat by a clearly better team the Czechs????
Today was a reality check. Just because US and Mexico regularly beats on lowly Central American teams doesn't make them a superpower. :rolleyesI think it was the manner in which they lost. They didn't compete. They looked bad. The US doesn't want to be a cinderella team, they want to be a legitimate good team.
MoSpur
06-12-2006, 01:56 PM
The pressure is on the US because its the US. Plain and simple. People in the US, not all people, but a lot expect a lot from the US athletes. I don't expect them to win the World Cup. I never have, but I didn't expect for them to get beat 3-0.
Sense
06-12-2006, 02:01 PM
I'm sorry but the truth of the matter is the Media is tryin to get U.S. more into their team, and it's not going to work... they made a huge hype about how they WERE the cinderella team and they overcame a team like Mexico in the last world cup. By doin this hype as Americans you expect the US team to be a better one, and they clearly aren't. They brought this upon themselves, I believe they wanted the attention and now they are gettin the criticism for the hype...
velik_m
06-12-2006, 02:01 PM
The pressure is on the US because its the US. Plain and simple. People in the US, not all people, but a lot expect a lot from the US athletes. I don't expect them to win the World Cup. I never have, but I didn't expect for them to get beat 3-0.
2 years ago in Euro 2004, czechs qualified to the second round in the first place after just 2 games and played the last game against Germany's best team with mostly backups and won rather comfortably 2-1. 3-0 isn't good, but USA shouldn't get their spirits down.
nkdlunch
06-12-2006, 02:01 PM
I think it was the manner in which they lost. They didn't compete. They looked bad.
True, they did look mentally defeated.
alamo50
06-12-2006, 02:03 PM
Guus Hiddink did it again.
Kicked some major Japenese butt in the last 20 minutes of play.
Awesome, just awesome!
MoSpur
06-12-2006, 02:04 PM
The Czechs are a very good team. I never said they weren't. I just didn't expect them to beat the US 3-0. That doesn't mean I think the Czechs are a sorry team.
nkdlunch
06-12-2006, 02:04 PM
I'm sorry but the truth of the matter is the Media is tryin to get U.S. more into their team, and it's not going to work... they made a huge hype about how they WERE the cinderella team and they overcame a team like Mexico in the last world cup. By doin this hype as Americans you expect the US team to be a better one, and they clearly aren't. They brought this upon themselves, I believe they wanted the attention and now they are gettin the criticism for the hype...
Exactly my point. The US could easily be the worst of the 4 teams in their group. So why hype them up so much??
They even had a ESPN segment saying, "other teams don't show respect to the US. blah, blah. They are in for a surprise....":lol Of course they don't, the US is a mediocre team at best.
The media should have been more realistic.
Ariel
06-12-2006, 02:04 PM
Then those people know nothing about football.
How many world class players do the US have?
How many stars at the best leagues?
How much success have their teams had in international competition? (youth teams, olympics, etc., not just the WC).
Football is a developing sport in the US, they shouldn't be trashed because of a bad performance against a better team. It's not fair to the players.
MannyIsGod
06-12-2006, 02:05 PM
I'm sorry but the truth of the matter is the Media is tryin to get U.S. more into their team, and it's not going to work... they made a huge hype about how they WERE the cinderella team and they overcame a team like Mexico in the last world cup. By doin this hype as Americans you expect the US team to be a better one, and they clearly aren't. They brought this upon themselves, I believe they wanted the attention and now they are gettin the criticism for the hype...A team like Mexico? Are you kidding me? If anything, the US and Mexico are (and have been) very equal over the past 10 years. The US has been kicking their asses when they play.
The high expectations are ther ebecause of the way they beat Portugal and they way they hung with Germany.
MannyIsGod
06-12-2006, 02:07 PM
Half the team plays overseas. This is the best team the US has ever fielded on paper. But what you are all missing is that everyone is upset with how lost and broken down the looked.
austinfan
06-12-2006, 02:10 PM
There was an article in the NY Times a few days ago about one of the head honchos at ESPN who's really into soccer, and was the key person responsible for ESPN's purchase of broadcasting rights to present the next two WCs. This was not just a purchase of the international FIFA feed, but the right to produce their own filming and packaging of the games, like Globo does for Brazil.
So ESPN definitely has a vested interest in promoting the U.S. team. The problem is that building ourselves into a major team on the world stage is a slow process and it's going to take time. I do believe, though, that it will take just one or two American kids with insane skills coming up through the ranks to get Americans interested in the sport.
Ariel
06-12-2006, 02:11 PM
Half the team plays overseas. This is the best team the US has ever fielded on paper.
But that's irrelevant, because you have to measure relative to the competition.
For instance, the Czechs have one of the top players in the world in Nedved, plus other world class footballers, who have succeeded at the best leagues, like Rosicky, Poborsky, Koller, Baros...
How many does the US have? name just one...
You can't put that kind of pressure on the players, expecting them to play over their heads or they're tagged a failure. That's stupid and unfair.
alamo50
06-12-2006, 02:13 PM
I think the only people who expected USA to beat them Czechs was the team itself, the passionate US fans and just any other random American.
The rest of the world had a clearer look at it and so it went down.
TDMVPDPOY
06-12-2006, 02:14 PM
we are all witnesses.....
cheguevara
06-12-2006, 02:16 PM
A team like Mexico? Are you kidding me? If anything, the US and Mexico are (and have been) very equal over the past 10 years.
I would disagree. To be consistently succesfull in this sport you need to have it in your blood and your past generations need to have lived it.
Mexico has that tradition, US doesn't yet.
Americans need to learn why this sport is the most exciting in the world. To be truly great at something, you need to understand it. Unfortunately americans don't understand football yet.
MaNuMaNiAc
06-12-2006, 02:18 PM
I would disagree. To be consistently succesfull in this sport you need to have it in your blood and your past generations need to have lived it.
Mexico has that tradition, US doesn't yet.
Americans need to learn why this sport is the most exciting in the world. To be truly great at something, you need to understand it. Unfortunately americans don't understand football yet.
what?? that is bullshit. Right now, the US and Mexico are practically on even ground. To say that Mexico is better simply because they've been playing longer is ludicrous.
cheguevara
06-12-2006, 02:19 PM
what?? that is bullshit. Right now, the US and Mexico are practically on even ground. To say that Mexico is better simply because they've been playing longer is ludicrous.
I was refering to "over the past 10 years"
MaNuMaNiAc
06-12-2006, 02:20 PM
I was refering to "over the past 10 years"
I see, I was refering to now
TDMVPDPOY
06-12-2006, 02:22 PM
the only way i can say it, doesnt matter if ur team is good or bad on paper, when ur on teh field any team has the chance to win. it all comes down which team has the will to win, with never say die attitude.
austinfan
06-12-2006, 02:25 PM
what?? that is bullshit. Right now, the US and Mexico are practically on even ground. To say that Mexico is better simply because they've been playing longer is ludicrous.
But it is true that success breeds success. For example, I bet there are a lot more young boys in Argentina wanting to play basketball now because of Manu and Nocioni and Scola.
And it's why Argentina and Brazil consistently win so often in soccer--because young kids have players they aspire to be like, people relive classic games when they get together over a beer, kids get together to play pick-up games just for the fun of it. It's so embedded in the culture there, and it just isn't here yet--not to that extent.
The U.S. will get better in soccer, no question about it. The influence of the rest of the world will eventually have an effect on us--just like Euro basketball and the NBA have hybridized. But Americans like to back winners, and until we field a few razzle-dazzle players--soccer equivalents to LeBron or Tiger Woods or somebody like that--it's going to be hard to reach the next level of competition.
TDMVPDPOY
06-12-2006, 02:32 PM
soccer equivalents to LeBron or Tiger Woods or somebody like that--it's going to be hard to reach the next level of competition.
i thought demarcus beasley was the guy? he played exceptionally well at the last world cup and his stock skyrocketed showin glimpses he can play in europe.
velik_m
06-12-2006, 02:32 PM
ghana is not half bad.
their goalkeeper seems to bit shaky though
alamo50
06-12-2006, 02:33 PM
i wonder why van der meyde wasnt selected to the team??
Because he is one of the many AJAX players who leave the best soccer school in the world too early.
alamo50
06-12-2006, 02:36 PM
i thought demarcus beasley was the guy? he played exceptionally well at the last world cup and his stock skyrocketed showin glimpses he can play in europe.
Beasley is just above average playing on the top in Holland.
TDMVPDPOY
06-12-2006, 02:37 PM
Because he is one of the many AJAX players who leave the best soccer school in the world too early.
so they boycotted him in selectin him? lame
he showed signs at inter-milan, then got traded i think
MannyIsGod
06-12-2006, 02:46 PM
Damn, Ghana needs to tie this shit up.
alamo50
06-12-2006, 02:49 PM
No, he stopped making progress.
He ain't good enough anymore to get selected.
TDMVPDPOY
06-12-2006, 02:51 PM
ghana better beat or draw with italy :(
i want them to lose those dirty players, totti spits on ppl and they got a few guys on the juventus team who is bein investigated for matchfixin.
MaNuMaNiAc
06-12-2006, 02:59 PM
ghana better beat or draw with italy :(
i want them to lose those dirty players, totti spits on ppl and they got a few guys on the juventus team who is bein investigated for matchfixin.
that was the president and some other guy in his staff, the players had nothing to do with that
polandprzem
06-12-2006, 03:00 PM
Well, Ghana playing awesome with one 100% chance to score. The game is fantastic. I wouldn't expected Italy to play that ofensive game. Probably the 2nd half will be calmer.
velik_m
06-12-2006, 03:01 PM
trivia q: which was the last team to beat Italy?
TDMVPDPOY
06-12-2006, 03:07 PM
nobody gives a 2hoots about italy, we just want them to lose :D
MannyIsGod
06-12-2006, 03:23 PM
I'd rather see them draw.
MannyIsGod
06-12-2006, 03:24 PM
Damn, nice save!
NASpurs
06-12-2006, 03:35 PM
These guys should win Oscars for their acting :lol
That Italian player had to be carried on a stretcher and then a minute later he's running the sidelines and in the game... good stuff
NASpurs
06-12-2006, 03:35 PM
Damn that should have been a PK for Ghana
NASpurs
06-12-2006, 03:40 PM
Italy 2-0 now!
Niiiiiiiice.
Bob Lanier
06-12-2006, 04:07 PM
Ghana impressed me a lot - they played pretty evenly; Italy capitalized on their breakdowns and not the reverse, and they still could have tied the game if they hadn't been robbed of the PK. With both of these teams looking a lot better than the Americans, it looks like Yanqui will go home in the first round. :lol
polandprzem
06-12-2006, 04:14 PM
These guys should win Oscars for their acting :lol
That Italian player had to be carried on a stretcher and then a minute later he's running the sidelines and in the game... good stuff
Well youi know - sometimes it hurts when you got hit in the bone
ALVAREZ6
06-12-2006, 04:20 PM
I'm looking forward to the Brazil vs. Croatia game tomorrow.
My prayers are with you, Croatia...
NuGGeTs-FaN
06-12-2006, 06:30 PM
we need Brazil to smash Croatia :fro
SA Gunslinger
06-12-2006, 07:00 PM
That dude Cahill of Austraila was clutch against Japan. That had to be one of the most incredible finishes in World Cup ever.
rascal
06-12-2006, 07:57 PM
Yeah, what the fuck is it with this guy? They lose to the 2nd best team in the world and now they're all scrubs?
They didn't just lose they got killed. 3-0 in soccer is a blowout.
The USA was over hyped and they aren't even as good as the last world cup team.
MaNuMaNiAc
06-12-2006, 08:27 PM
That dude Cahill of Austraila was clutch against Japan. That had to be one of the most incredible finishes in World Cup ever.
:lol give me a break!
SA Gunslinger
06-12-2006, 08:37 PM
:lol give me a break!
I watched the entire match, did you?
Ariel
06-12-2006, 09:30 PM
I watched the entire match, did you?
He could have scored ten goals in a few seconds and it still wouldn't matter. The first match of the group stage between Japan and Australia will never rank as a high point in WC history regardless of anything that could have happened. A month after the WC, no one but Australians will remember it.
NuGGeTs-FaN
06-12-2006, 09:53 PM
A month after the WC, no one but Australians will remember it.
thats all that matters :smokin
noone but Australians know what it feels like to be in the World Cup for the first time in 32 years.
i remember in December that the USA coach said Australia and Trinidad would be the weakest teams. I thought he was making a fool of himself then and its even more evident now :lol
No way does his team deserve to be ranked that high. Im glad FIFA is restructuring the system coz some teams are ranked too high due to their weak opponents they face on numerous occasions.
TDMVPDPOY
06-12-2006, 10:08 PM
i dont like this australian hype shit, great you win one game, now bring on brazil, wtf.
no fukn humble at all. i hate this cocky attitude, and all the trolls they been gettin.
NuGGeTs-FaN
06-12-2006, 10:45 PM
screw humble. We are proud as heck of our guys
I dont expect them to beat Brazil but i guarantee they will play with passion and give it their best and thats all we can ask.
Aussies have always been cocky with our sporting teams, dont like it? noone cares :smokin
scott
06-12-2006, 10:50 PM
I just want to interject that I've been playing FIFA World Cup 2006 on the 360 for the last 3 hours and it kicks major ass.
Ariel
06-12-2006, 10:57 PM
screw humble. We are proud as heck of our guys
Aussies have always been cocky with our sporting teams, dont like it? noone cares :smokin
I was just addressing the "one of the most incredible finishes in World Cup ever" remark, but I have no problem whatsoever with you being proud of your team. That's great, and no one is entitled to tell you otherwise.
About being cocky I would be careful, though. That is, unless you also don't care about having your face rubbed in the mud eventually.
TDMVPDPOY
06-12-2006, 11:05 PM
lets not get cocky like the usa team
i will lmao if australia advances to next round in group of death, and usa cant....
SA Gunslinger
06-12-2006, 11:18 PM
I was just addressing the "one of the most incredible finishes in World Cup ever" remark, but I have no problem whatsoever with you being proud of your team. That's great, and no one is entitled to tell you otherwise.
I'm not an Aussie. But I am a fan of Hiddink. I thought it was a great match of contrasting styles. The Aussies never quit even though the goal by Nakamura was questionable.
Props to the Aussies.
NuGGeTs-FaN
06-12-2006, 11:26 PM
I was just addressing the "one of the most incredible finishes in World Cup ever" remark, but I have no problem whatsoever with you being proud of your team. That's great, and no one is entitled to tell you otherwise.
About being cocky I would be careful, though. That is, unless you also don't care about having your face rubbed in the mud eventually.
oh ok, i didnt see that remark
:fro
we cant get mud rubbed in our faces now coz we have exceeded the expectations of many people already.
Australia was never meant to beat Uruguay. Recoba talked crap about them having a divine right
Just being in the World Cup is enough for alot of soccer fans in Australia but the team is full of confidence and anything can happen. I wouldnt be disappointed if Australia didnt get another win. They have made a giant leap and the future of soccer in Australia has already received a giant boost and will only get better. This is just the start of the future for our country :smokin
now with all that said, i will back Australia to win every game no matter who the opponent is. It doesnt mean i think they always will win but i will always have confidence in them, knowing they will do their best.
Its not being cocky, its just savouring the moment :smokin
I have been waiting my WHOLE life (26 years ) for this and im going to make the most of it :fro
NuGGeTs-FaN
06-12-2006, 11:29 PM
I'm not an Aussie. But I am a fan of Hiddink. I thought it was a great match of contrasting styles. The Aussies never quit even though the goal by Nakamura was questionable.
Props to the Aussies.
yeh. I knew the physical play of the aussies was something totally in contrast with the Japanese. Hiddink's tactics in the 1st half were a little questionable but i can guarantee there will be much improvement in the match vs Brazil.
NuGGeTs-FaN
06-12-2006, 11:30 PM
lets not get cocky like the usa team
i will lmao if australia advances to next round in group of death, and usa cant....
:lol well im hoping they both advance but it looks like a bigger challenge for the USA at the moment.
Im just hoping that Brazil OWNS Croatia in a 5-0 smashing lol
atxrocker
06-13-2006, 12:59 AM
glad italy won. go brazil.
velik_m
06-13-2006, 01:05 AM
lets not get cocky like the usa team
i will lmao if australia advances to next round in group of death, and usa cant....
australia is in group of death?
TDMVPDPOY
06-13-2006, 01:25 AM
australia is in group of death?
brasil/croatia/japan, wtf would ever thought australia to even win one game? now they are boasting about bring on brasil.
was readin sum news, after the game, sum fans went and rob 7-eleven stores lmao
velik_m
06-13-2006, 01:48 AM
brasil/croatia/japan, wtf would ever thought australia to even win one game? now they are boasting about bring on brasil.
was readin sum news, after the game, sum fans went and rob 7-eleven stores lmao
i have them finnishing second in group in my predictions before the start of tournament. Australia, Japan and Croatia isn't exactly group of death. "Group of death" means there are no bad teams, just good ones (eg. Argentina, Holland, IC, S&M). Having both australia and japan in the same group automatically disqualifys it as "group of death".
Ariel
06-13-2006, 01:53 AM
brasil/croatia/japan, wtf would ever thought australia to even win one game? now they are boasting about bring on brasil.
Australia was clearly favored to win the game against Japan. An Aussie win paid the least, followed by a tie, followed by a Japan win.
In the betting world, Australia was generally considered 2nd favorite to win the group, after Brazil, but over Croatia and Japan.
stefano
06-13-2006, 01:53 AM
trivia q: which was the last team to beat Italy?
Slovenia 1-0 :king 9 oct 2004
Ariel
06-13-2006, 01:55 AM
Slovenia 1-0 :king 9 oct 2004
I think he meant on a WC. That'd be Ireland, in 1994 (not considering overtime or penalty kicks).
velik_m
06-13-2006, 02:00 AM
I think he meant on a WC. That'd be Ireland, in 1994 (not considering overtime or penalty kicks).
actually no, i was just braging about my country (Slovenia)
Ariel
06-13-2006, 02:02 AM
actually no, i was just braging about my country (Slovenia)
I thought you were going for the interesting question. My bad.
velik_m
06-13-2006, 02:07 AM
I thought you were going for the interesting question. My bad.
:lol it is interesting... if you're slovenian.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.5 Copyright © 2026 vBulletin Solutions Inc. All rights reserved.