PDA

View Full Version : Young: sources tell @ExpressNews that Kawhi Leonard wants to be traded from Spurs

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75

Russ
07-03-2018, 07:39 PM
Why was all of this framed in terms of an injury?

Why not just give the Spurs (your $20 million/year employer) a chance to address your real concerns?

I know, I'm just old fashioned . . .

tim_duncan_fan
07-03-2018, 07:42 PM
Do we want a player who is willing to fake an injury?

toki9
07-03-2018, 07:43 PM
Sounds to me like just a starting point, where you hope through negotiation you end up somewhere in the middle. Also, sounds like Lakers are justifying to their fans why Kawhi is still in SA, since earlier Chris Carter was sending a message to Magic to get this deal done and not wait for a PG situation.

Or maybe they're just messing with the Lakers at this point, with no intention of actually following through on any deal with them. Just because...

Marcus Bryant
07-03-2018, 07:43 PM
Motherfucker got damn right there are rules. How do you think that Gregg Popovich coached teams that won five NBA championships in three consecutive decades? He would've had six but some motherfucker couldn't get a rebound back in 2013. Fuck this bitch. And how many Super Bowls did your bitch Cris fucking Carter win? Fuck your dumbass uncle you goddam deaf mute stop hiding behind his skirt.

And so on.

Chillen
07-03-2018, 07:44 PM
If I was Magic I would just keep Ingram and Kuzma and wait for Kawhi to show up drooling to sign with the Lakers next season. Spurs should have pulled the trigger on a deal before James signed. Now that they have him they have less pressure to make a trade unless the Cousins signing has increased the need for another superstar. It would be foolish to give Ingram and Kuzma up knowing Leonard wants to be there next season.

We still don't know what was on the table before LeBron signed, it's possible Magic has been low balling the Spurs the whole time, offers won't get any better. They may give up Ingram for Kawhi because of the Cousins signing but I wouldn't if I was Magic.

BatManu20
07-03-2018, 07:47 PM
PG doing the Lord’s work.

I wanted to come here a year ago prior to going to OKC. Unfortunately, I wasn't traded to the Lakers. The Lakers didn't grab me. I was traded to Oklahoma. And that has been a beautiful thing for me."

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/250568/Paul-George-I-Wanted-To-Come-To-Lakers-A-Year-Ago-But-They-Didnt-Trade-For-Me

SAGirl
07-03-2018, 07:48 PM
Or maybe they're just messing with the Lakers at this point, with no intention of actually following through on any deal with them. Just because...

I think they are making a legit effort for Kawhi's sake. I suspect the honest conversation they had with him is that he would be traded if the Spurs got a good haul for him. Pop admitted he had a similar conversation with Lamarcus where they told him they wouldn't get enough for him to make it worth their while, but they tried. I think they are trying, but don't have to take scraps or offers that are not sufficient.

Just my belief that I don't think Spurs would be dishonest.

Pavlov
07-03-2018, 07:57 PM
“My sources say they’re asking for Ingram, Kuzma, Hart, 2 Firsts, and 2 pick swaps.”

1014302196287070208Done deal.

Ron Swanson
07-03-2018, 07:58 PM
Idk if you've watched parks and rec but he reminds me of Jean Ralphio :lol

https://i.gifer.com/DkIV.gif

Joseph Kony
07-03-2018, 07:59 PM
lol at the entire NBA.

"spurs losing leverage"
"spurs just need to bite the bullet"
"just trade him to LA and get it over with"
"risk losing him for nothing"

spurs just laughing at everyone saying fuck it :lol

RD2191
07-03-2018, 07:59 PM
https://i.gifer.com/DkIV.gif

:lmao

exstatic
07-03-2018, 08:01 PM
The bolded part is definitely an Uncle Dennis problem. Kawhi wouldn't care about such things. There seems to be a conflict of interest in that player-agent relationship.

You are monumentally naive. LeBron set up and funded Klutch, and staffed it with friends and family. He’s also their chief recruiter. The Group is definitely trying to take a few pages out of that book, and Kawhi will definitely be heavily involved.

offset formation
07-03-2018, 08:03 PM
Or these

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnOQWc1ps5w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucgIER7ZiQU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9pBReZyCkY

:tu:tu

SAGirl
07-03-2018, 08:06 PM
You are monumentally naive. LeBron set up and funded Klutch, and staffed it with friends and family. He’s also their chief recruiter. The Group is definitely trying to take a few pages out of that book, and Kawhi will definitely be heavily involved.
I am not being naive... I think you missed the point of what I was saying but it's fine. I know about Klutch and lebron's own group. It's possible Kawhi is more involved than he looks to be, but I do think the Uncle is a lot more into that stuff than Kawhi himself is. Maybe I misjudge Kawhi himself but it's too difficult to identify this as not coming from the Uncle when it wasn't an issue b4.

offset formation
07-03-2018, 08:06 PM
What if the requested endorsement was selling jersey space to uncle d’s Impact Sports or whatever his shell company is called.

What if somehow uncle d wanted to get spurs org involved in his shady dealings via Kawhi and they were like nah son and now it’s “they don’t allow Kawhi to be endorsed by who he wants”

I'd bet money that's probably the root of this.

It's the first salvo in the, "I'm a modern day slave" argument.

Joseph Kony
07-03-2018, 08:07 PM

ace3g
07-03-2018, 08:08 PM
:stirpot: getting ready for the trade

RD2191
07-03-2018, 08:13 PM

Spurs should just keep him at this point. Let him play out the season and see what happens.

Marcus Bryant
07-03-2018, 08:23 PM

Laker media trying to drive the price down.

Marcus Bryant
07-03-2018, 08:26 PM
lol at the entire NBA.

"spurs losing leverage"

:tu

Marcus Bryant
07-03-2018, 08:27 PM
Do we want a player who is willing to fake an injury?

Yeah, probably.

Marcus Bryant
07-03-2018, 08:33 PM
You guys making a big deal about 400 page threads haven't seen anything. I think "Kersey for Abdur-Rahim" hit 2,700.

Vic Petro
07-03-2018, 08:41 PM
You guys making a big deal about 400 page threads haven't seen anything. I think "Kersey for Abdur-Rahim" hit 2,700.

:lol Just today I was chiding a co-worker who was trying to argue Ingram’s floor is Abdur-Rahim

cjw
07-03-2018, 08:52 PM
That rules out the Lakers, then. Magic forgot the three-point line existed when he put that team together.

Condoms and the three point line. Oops

DPG21920
07-03-2018, 08:55 PM
PG doing the Lord’s work.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/250568/Paul-George-I-Wanted-To-Come-To-Lakers-A-Year-Ago-But-They-Didnt-Trade-For-Me

This is exactly what I said happen. I said that is why LA is probably actually pissing Kawhi off right now too. Kawhi is taking a huge PR hit and risk forcing his way there and LA is basically saying “you aren’t worth Ingram/Kuz/Hart+picks AND we want to be able to pay you 45M less than you can get”.

They are truly going to alienate Kawhi which is why you see Cris Carter saying what he’s saying, why you are hearing the Clippers rumors and even Jabari is saying Kawhi would consider re-signing with PHI now. Kawhi needs to push LA to do a big deal or truly risk losing him like they did PG.

La has sucked for 5 years, will still be mediocre with Lebron and they are basically telling Kawhi “nah, we can wait?” Idiots.

daslicer
07-03-2018, 08:58 PM
lol at the entire NBA.

"spurs losing leverage"

I'm hoping the Spurs don't cave in. If they don't watch the media and the Lakers implode like a bunch of bitches who have just been rejected.

Marcus Bryant
07-03-2018, 08:58 PM
GM Bron strikes again.

AFBlue
07-03-2018, 09:00 PM
This is exactly what I said happen. I said that is why LA is probably actually pissing Kawhi off right now too. Kawhi is taking a huge PR hit and risk forcing his way there and LA is basically saying “you aren’t worth Ingram/Kuz/Hart+picks AND we want to be able to pay you 45M less than you can get”.

They are truly going to alienate Kawhi which is why you see Cris Carter saying what he’s saying, why you are hearing the Clippers rumors and even Jabari is saying Kawhi would consider re-signing with PHI now. Kawhi needs to push LA to do a big deal or truly risk losing him like they did PG.

La has sucked for 5 years, will still be mediocre with Lebron and they are basically telling Kawhi “nah, we can wait?” Idiots.

They gambled with PG13 and lost. But let's not act like the Lakers + LeBron are going to lose out on a lot of free agency battles. Even if somehow Kawhi doesn't end up there, they should have no issues luring premium talent next summer

Down Under
07-03-2018, 09:00 PM
If we believe Jabari is a mouthpiece for Kawhi then Jabari said Kawhi wood resign with PHI. So how does PHI not jump?!!
Zhaire just signed. Need to wait 30 days to trade him.

Marcus Bryant
07-03-2018, 09:01 PM
Well Kawhi, see you at training camp and don't forget, the picture with the Coyote is mandatory.

DPG21920
07-03-2018, 09:04 PM
They gambled with PG13 and lost. But let's not act like the Lakers + LeBron are going to lose out on a lot of free agency battles. Even if somehow Kawhi doesn't end up there, they should have no issues luring premium talent next summer

1) I don’t understand how people keep equating Kawhi to “other free agents”. Kawhi, besides Anthony Davis or Harden/KD/Curry is THE BEST PLAYER in the NBA next to Lebron. Sure, they may end up with Jimmy Butler or someone else, but that would be a massive downgrade and a huge black eye to have two-prime time players (PG/Kawhi) turn you down after openly saying they want to go there.

LA may be willing to lose Randle/DeAngelo Russell for nothing, and lose PG/Kawhi so they can sign Butler, but they would be MUCH worse for it.

Also forgetting that Lebron is really on a 3 year deal, that means they are punting a third of Bron to take that risk :lol

DPG21920
07-03-2018, 09:06 PM

I don’t think he would be included since his salary is small anyways. It would be the Fultz + Saric + Covington or Chandler and a pick type deal.

Marcus Bryant
07-03-2018, 09:16 PM
Can't wait until the next complaint is mean things being posted about Kawhi on SpursTalk.

Down Under
07-03-2018, 09:18 PM
I don’t think he would be included since his salary is small anyways. It would be the Fultz + Saric + Covington or Chandler and a pick type deal.
Yeah I just thought he's someone they might be interested in, although they've got enough 6'5" guys already. I'm not huge on Dario in terms of what a Forward is going to look like in the future. He struggles with switching onto smaller guys & can't protect the rim so he can't move to Centre.

marinoman
07-03-2018, 09:19 PM
Lebron may be one of the greatest players ever but he fuckin sux as a gm.

SPURt
07-03-2018, 09:20 PM
I think I know where Kawhi is spending the summer:

https://churchnextblog.files.wordpress.com/2017/05/millennial-meme-2.png?w=450

BSfromTX
07-03-2018, 09:24 PM

Excellent point... as much as kawhi apologists have spun against spurs, I would like to see them spin this. You could argue that the lakers are insulting kawhi more than the spurs “supposedly “ are

raybies
07-03-2018, 09:31 PM

Dam good points. On a side note, do you think the Spurs are gonna attempt a Supermax offer after training camp to see how healthy he is,.. if he does play, at an attempt to wrap him up for longer? Idk a few months is a long time to work things out. If Kawhi is healthy and wants to make up... all sins forgiven for me. I'm tired of the drama at this point. And we are not getting any player like him in return. Rather just have him. :cry

InRareForm
07-03-2018, 09:31 PM
Bazemore making $19 million next year

DPG21920
07-03-2018, 09:33 PM
Dam good points. On a side note, do you think the Spurs are gonna attempt a Supermax offer after training camp to see how healthy he is,.. if he does play, at an attempt to wrap him up for longer? Idk a few months is a long time to work things out. If Kawhi is healthy and wants to make up... all sins forgiven for me. I'm tired of the drama at this point. And we are not getting any player like him in return.

I don’t think they offer the SuperMax but I think they say, look, the Lakers don’t seem to really want you and we will offer you the same max (185M) that they would have been able to give you had they cared enough to make a good deal. I would be fine with them offering the SuperMax but I would be shocked if they did.

offset formation
07-03-2018, 09:35 PM

Atlanta?

Killakobe81
07-03-2018, 09:36 PM
1) I don’t understand how people keep equating Kawhi to “other free agents”. Kawhi, besides Anthony Davis or Harden/KD/Curry is THE BEST PLAYER in the NBA next to Lebron. Sure, they may end up with Jimmy Butler or someone else, but that would be a massive downgrade and a huge black eye to have two-prime time players (PG/Kawhi) turn you down after openly saying they want to go there.

LA may be willing to lose Randle/DeAngelo Russell for nothing, and lose PG/Kawhi so they can sign Butler, but they would be MUCH worse for it.

Also forgetting that Lebron is really on a 3 year deal, that means they are punting a third of Bron to take that risk :lol

You lost me with PG as a prime time player.
KAWHI? Healthy? Sure. PG is an all-star. Not a superstar, franchise player or primetime player.

raybies
07-03-2018, 09:37 PM
I don’t think they offer the SuperMax but I think they say, look, the Lakers don’t seem to really want you and we will offer you the same max (185M) that they would have been able to give you had they cared enough to make a good deal. I would be fine with them offering the SuperMax but I would be shocked if they did.
Same with the offer especially if he's healthy... But from everything we've seen thus far I think it's safe to assume that Kawhi or Kawhi's group or both are tad bit sensitive. I wonder how they are taking these offers... Might come off like he's not that important or worth that much. Kind of taking him for granted in a sense. For example if LeBron came on the market this wouldn't be happening. If his group or he himself have been stroking the ego, this may come as a bit of a smack in the face. Especially in the sense if he's truly being a bitch and saying rescue me and they just letting him face the music by him reaching training camp. Ahhh how the plot thickens. Now I really want this to linger. It may just come full circle and he realized he's wanted here.

offset formation
07-03-2018, 09:38 PM
KAWHI? Healthy? Sure. PG is an all-star. Not a superstar, franchise player or primetime player.

He certainly was the franchise player in Indiana, and had the Luckers traded for him past year, been theirs as well.

Stop backtracking.

Marcus Bryant
07-03-2018, 09:45 PM
Heh. Has the press conference for LeBron's signing happened yet? I thought that was supposed to be this morning.

sasaint
07-03-2018, 09:46 PM

Great, another 6'4" prospect. Not what we need.

Leetonidas
07-03-2018, 09:47 PM

Fucking gross

SAGirl
07-03-2018, 09:48 PM
Great, another 6'4" prospect. Not what we need.
Spurs already have trouble playing their own 6'4" prospects if we are honest and just signed Marco to a deal for good measure.

BSfromTX
07-03-2018, 09:48 PM

Mmmmm, you think they would only offer that? I think that might be throwing gas on a fire. I could see 200m, but if they offer 180? Don’t you think that’s risky? I mean, it doesn’t bother me, but if they really want to keep kawhi, I don’t think that’s the likely way

DPG21920
07-03-2018, 09:49 PM

Sure, but LA is right now risking losing Kawhi who is a star and they know will re-sign with them because they think they can get PG level players (Butler, Klay, whomever). It’s really dumb no matter how you slice it.

Kawhi is healthy. There is no concern there. Even if there was risk, he’s still better than Ingram/Kuz/Hart :lol

CGD
Good points mentioned earlier about Lakers at risk of alienating Leonard. It feels like Philly is close, but needs a stronger signal from Leonard. The Clipper thing is a decent sign.

raybies
^^ Bruh I think there's a chance they don't even make the playoffs next year. How long is LeBron gonna be the iron man of the league. Dude been to 8 str8 finals. Anyways even if he don't break down they are terribly constructed team and LeBron usually paces himself during the season. How he gon do that when every team he faces in the West has a chance to win. I can see a scenario where he makes the demand to get him help and do it now, if they get off to a really bad start. I think that would give the Spurs some leverage again. Unless LeBron wants to take the hit of not making playoffs or being an 8 seed.

DPG21920
07-03-2018, 09:50 PM
Mmmmm, you think they would only offer that? I think that might be throwing gas on a fire. I could see 200m, but if they offer 180? Don’t you think that’s risky? I mean, it doesn’t bother me, but if they really want to keep kawhi, I don’t think that’s the likely way

Well I think with LA only offering 145, that it’s pretty appealing :lol

Marcus Bryant
07-03-2018, 09:50 PM
Anyways, the supposed Spurs' ask for Leonard from the Lakers is maybe spoiled milk as opposed to the dogshit they are offering. The implication that this is some kind of unreasonable position is fucking stupid. Fuck that stupid motherfucker on ESPN with the Polish name for acting like this is a high price. Some fucking expert he is.

Never. Fucking. Settle.

raybies
07-03-2018, 09:51 PM
Yup. They might balk. First offer got to be your best offer in this situation. They have made themselves victims at this point...

BSfromTX
07-03-2018, 09:53 PM
Well I think with LA only offering 145, that it’s pretty appealing :lol

sure, I agree, but kawhis camp has not done anything that makes sense

Marcus Bryant
07-03-2018, 09:54 PM
sure, I agree, but kawhis camp has not done anything that makes sense

That's because there's a woman behind all this shit.

DPG21920
There is just so much risk to waiting.

1) You are willing to go from Kawhi to a Jimmy Butler type player just to wait?

2) Lebron is functionally on a three year deal - so he’s now got two left.

3) What if Ingram/Kuz don’t develop and look good? Their value goes down. What if one gets injured?

4) What if you alienate Kawhi by not valuing him like PG and he spurns you and that starts a trend? PG already said no. If Kawhi does too?

5) What if there is an injury to Bron? Kawhi? Now all your plans have really gone to hell and things look very bleak. Sure, injuries can happen anytime but you trade for guys healthy and then just deal with it. You don’t let superstars play for other teams and risk injuries on their dime when your plan is a 3-year window.

It’s just laughable to me that you have a chance at Kawhi, with no risk of him bolting and you won’t include Kuz/Ingram/Hart and late firsts??? I mean, what? Worst case, by trading those guys who aren’t even good yet, you would still have nearly 25M to replace them next year :lol? What do you think will be better: Kawhi + 25M or Butler+Ingram+Kuz+Hart?

It’s pretty damn simple.

dbreiden83080

Of course there is no bidding war for him.. This is something, I and others said for months. There are consequences for the bullshit he pulled this season. If he wanted this trade coming off the prior year, top 3 MVP candidate another first team all NBA selection, teams would be in that bidding war. This is a guy people around the league legit thought was better than Kevin Fucking Durant.. But nobody knows about his health, nobody knows mentally WTF is up with this dude? If he fragile mentally and physically, and even worth trading for? Does anyone think this issue of his health is over? He will be back fighting with team doctors in no time.. It is hilarious you blow off an entire season because somebody bruised your quad, and then demand to be traded thanks to your mates having the audacity to ask you to actually play basketball.. FU Leonard..

Russ
Magic is like fat person (check him out) at a buffet.

He won't be able to help himself with all the players throwing themselves at the Lakers.

Pretty soon, there will be no room for Kawhi as a FA next summer.

If the Lakers want Kawhi, they'll have to trade for him.

Spurs' strategy is working perfectly -- like checkers vs. chess.

K...
07-03-2018, 09:55 PM
Fucking gross

That was the year the cap was huge, he's a lucky sob

sasaint
07-03-2018, 09:55 PM
Spurs already have trouble playing their own 6'4" prospects if we are honest and just signed Marco to a deal for good measure.

I am a big Texas Tech fan, and I like Zhaire. But he is very raw. I wish him the greatest of careers. But he strikes me as the kind of prospect that needs the right coaching staff to patiently coach him up - or else he ends up wowin' 'em in China or Europe with his athleticism. The Spurs would be a good place for Zhaire, but we need to weed out our backcourt prospects not bring another on board.

Big Empty
07-03-2018, 09:58 PM
That's because there's a woman behind all this shit.ahhh yes. Kawhi found him some 24k gold p$$y in CA and she aint moving to SA. Never crossed my mind

Marcus Bryant
07-03-2018, 09:59 PM
Magic is like fat person (check him out) at a buffet.

He won't be able to help himself with all the players throwing themselves at the Lakers.

Pretty soon, there will be no room for Kawhi as a FA next summer.

If the Lakers want Kawhi, they'll have to trade for him.

Spurs' strategy is working perfectly -- like checkers vs. chess.

Add the mid season freak out by James when they're at .500 and he starts demanding trades. They are going to be hard pressed to maintain cap flexibility next summer.

Marcus Bryant
07-03-2018, 10:03 PM
ahhh yes. Kawhi found him some 24k gold p$$y in CA and she aint moving to SA. Never crossed my mind

When a man starts acting different, doing things you'd never expect, making questionable decisions, survey says it's because of a woman.

dbreiden83080
07-03-2018, 10:03 PM
Well Kawhi, see you at training camp and don't forget, the picture with the Coyote is mandatory.

He has acted like such an A-Hole if this drags out till camp, I bet he refuses to show up. Force the Spurs to discipline and threaten him with CBA violations. He is like a Kid trying to hide from bullies at school, begging Mommy to Not send him to school.. Little 6 Foot Tony Parker was mean to me Mommy..

kjhip1
07-03-2018, 10:04 PM
There is just so much risk to waiting.

1) You are willing to go from Kawhi to a Jimmy Butler type player just to wait?

2) Lebron is functionally on a three year deal - so he’s now got two left.

3) What if Ingram/Kuz don’t develop and look good? Their value goes down. What if one gets injured?

4) What if you alienate Kawhi by not valuing him like PG and he spurns you and that starts a trend? PG already said no. If Kawhi does too?

5) What if there is an injury to Bron? Kawhi? Now all your plans have really gone to hell and things look very bleak. Sure, injuries can happen anytime but you trade for guys healthy and then just deal with it. You don’t let superstars play for other teams and risk injuries on their dime when your plan is a 3-year window.

It’s just laughable to me that you have a chance at Kawhi, with no risk of him bolting and you won’t include Kuz/Ingram/Hart and late firsts??? I mean, what? Worst case, by trading those guys who aren’t even good yet, you would still have nearly 25M to replace them next year :lol? What do you think will be better: Kawhi + 25M or Butler+Ingram+Kuz+Hart?

It’s pretty damn simple.

Pretty funny looking at all the laker fan twitter posts about how the spurs are smoking crack wanting this offer. I think its an easy decision for all the reasons you give above. We are talking about a top 5 player in the NBA and someone who has success guarding Durant and giving the warriors problems. Still think we get the short end on this...

ducks
Has 3 million house in sa that pussy can sleep in when it is finished

offset formation
^^ Bruh I think there's a chance they don't even make the playoffs next year. How long is LeBron gonna be the iron man of the league. Dude been to 8 str8 finals. Anyways even if he don't break down they are terribly constructed team and LeBron usually paces himself during the season. How he gon do that when every team he faces in the West has a chance to win. I can see a scenario where he makes the demand to get him help and do it now, if they get off to a really bad start. I think that would give the Spurs some leverage again. Unless LeBron wants to take the hit of not making playoffs or being an 8 seed.

Solid post.

You're the first person I've seen bring this up in this context. The wins are going to be a tougher grind night in and night out. Especially when you're still clearly the Alpha dog on the team. That's going to have to start wearing on him when he doesn't get the nights off he's been used to his entire career in the East. There aren't easy wins with the Dubs, Rockets, Thunder, Spurs, Jazz, Timberwolves, either in your own house, or you in theirs, night in and night out. That is also likely to have psychological consequences on his already sketchy effort on defense at times.

Plus, as you mentioned, he's basically played the equivalent of at least two extra seasons over his last 8 years just in taxing playoff games.

Granted, he keeps himself in excellent shape but he's also going to clearly be spread out more so with the LA obligations and his own business aspirations out there. I think he's got no more than 2 more peak years left.

Let's see how fast they can congeal and build up the team.

apalisoc_9
07-03-2018, 10:06 PM
Kawhi is flying from SA to a city west of it. Its been a done deal for twp days now.

The holdup is because of a personal reason

dbreiden83080
07-03-2018, 10:07 PM
When a man starts acting different, doing things you'd never expect, making questionable decisions, survey says it's because of a woman.

Someone tell him it is his job to Fuck Groupies and be cold about it in the morning.

Vic Petro

Kawhi’s new Hollywood girl is fine though
http://i.perezhilton.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/jfx-angelyne__iphone.jpg

Marcus Bryant
Of course there is no bidding war for him.. This is something, I and others said for months. There are consequences for the bullshit he pulled this season. If he wanted this trade coming off the prior year, top 3 MVP candidate another first team all NBA selection, teams would be in that bidding war. This is a guy people around the league legit thought was better than Kevin Fucking Durant.. But nobody knows about his health, nobody knows mentally WTF is up with this dude? If he fragile mentally and physically, and even worth trading for? Does anyone think this issue of his health is over? He will be back fighting with team doctors in no time.. It is hilarious you blow off an entire season because somebody bruised your quad, and then demand to be traded thanks to your mates having the audacity to ask you to actually play basketball.. FU Leonard..

raybies
Solid post.

You're the first person I've seen bring this up in this context. The wins are going to be a tougher grind night in and night out. Especially when you're still clearly the Alpha dog on the team. That's going to have to start wearing on him when he doesn't get the nights off he's been used to his entire career in the East. There aren't easy wins with the Dubs, Rockets, Thunder, Spurs, Jazz, Timberwolves, are in your house, or you in theirs night in and night out.

Plus, as you mentioned, he's basically played the equivalent of at least two extra seasons over his last 8 years just in taxing playoff games.

Granted, he keeps himself in excellent shape but he's also going to clearly be spread out more so with the LA obligations and his own business aspirations out there. I think he's got no more than 2 more peak years left.

Let's see how fast they can congeal and build up the team.
I just easily see a scenario where he gets completely overwhelmed.

K...
07-03-2018, 10:08 PM
Kawhi is flying from SA to a city west of it. Its been a done deal for twp days now.

why was he in SA? isn't he already in CA? If he did come here i think we'd know

sasaint
07-03-2018, 10:08 PM
That was the year the cap was huge, he's a lucky sob

What burns me up about those days is how the Spurs didn't get stuck like a lot of teams in that feeding frenzy only to turn around a couple of years later and do the Pau and Patty deals.

Gibbz
07-03-2018, 10:09 PM

offset formation
07-03-2018, 10:09 PM
That's because there's a woman behind all this shit.

Gotta be. It all makes perfect sense when you add that variable.

Russ
07-03-2018, 10:10 PM

Is English your first language?

sasaint
07-03-2018, 10:12 PM

Whew! I wouldn't do that with Magic's Johnson.

Big Empty
07-03-2018, 10:15 PM
Something woulda leaked by now. This is too big. If Ap9 somehow does have info

offset formation
07-03-2018, 10:15 PM

Lol. Albuquerque?? Reno?? Ohh, I know Tucson???

You're a disgrace to trolls.

offset formation
07-03-2018, 10:16 PM

65 going on 25?

exstatic
07-03-2018, 10:18 PM
Something woulda leaked by now. This is too big. If Ap9 somehow does have info

He has shit. He’s just some dumbass from the PI.

DPG21920
07-03-2018, 10:19 PM
It’s seriously nuts to me :lol Kawhi is a lock to sign with you long-term. There is not risk.

You aren’t just trading Ingram/Hart/Kuz for Kawhi. You are trading Ingram/Hart/Kuz for Kawhi + worst case 25M in cap space.

Like you would REALLY have to love Ingram/Hart/Kuz and lets say Jimmy Butler to think that they are better than Kawhi + 25M (worst case) in cap space.

If they somehow traded Deng next year without taking salary back that 25M would go to about 30M. But 25M in cap space is 100% in their control.

Spurs9
07-03-2018, 10:21 PM
It’s seriously nuts to me :lol Kawhi is a lock to sign with you long-term. There is not risk.

You aren’t just trading Ingram/Hart/Kuz for Kawhi. You are trading Ingram/Hart/Kuz for Kawhi + worst case 25M in cap space.

Like you would REALLY have to love Ingram/Hart/Kuz and lets say Jimmy Butler to think that they are better than Kawhi + 25M (worst case) in cap space.

If they somehow traded Deng next year without taking salary back that 25M would go to about 30M. But 25M in cap space is 100% in their control.

The problem is they are so "confident" they will get him next season. The fact he said he only wanted LA completely blew everything up for the Spurs.

offset formation
07-03-2018, 10:23 PM

Their new GM evidently cockblocked that. He prolly doesn't want to risk not making the playoffs for the first time in his career when it's just those two and washouts left on the roster.

DPG21920
07-03-2018, 10:25 PM
Their new GM evidently cockblocked that. He prolly doesn't want to risk not making the playoffs for the first time in his career when it's just those two and washouts left on the roster.

What?? If they made those moves this year to try and make the playoffs (otherwise, why sign vets to one year deals) then how is swapping Kawhi for Ingram/Kuz/Hart make them worse bets to make the playoffs :lol?

DPG21920
07-03-2018, 10:25 PM
The problem is they are so "confident" they will get him next season. The fact he said he only wanted LA completely blew everything up for the Spurs.

Well, Kawhi is evidently saying otherwise and Paul George just told the world he didn’t go to LA because LA alienated him by not trading for him.

Spurs9
07-03-2018, 10:26 PM
Well, Kawhi is evidently saying otherwise and Paul George just told the world he didn’t go to LA because LA alienated him by not trading for him.
Yeah I just read that actually :lol Wonder if Pop had him say that :lol

HarlemHeat37
07-03-2018, 10:27 PM

Thanks for the info:tu

apalisoc_9
07-03-2018, 10:28 PM
Lol. Albuquerque?? Reno?? Ohh, I know Tucson???

You're a disgrace to trolls.

He has shit. He’s just some dumbass from the.

I got receipts. Called the Aldridge deal. Called the patty resigning. Called the Joffrey Lauvergne deal. Called Kawhis unhappines.

I got receipts. You losers are just fat and jealous you got none. I got NBA connections. Only connections most of you will get is your mouth and the a largr burrito..

https://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/manny.png

Keepin' it real
07-03-2018, 10:35 PM
“My sources say they’re asking for Ingram, Kuzma, Hart, 2 Firsts, and 2 pick swaps.”

^ Spurs will never get that.

The reason Spurs are asking so much is they KNOW Leanord wasn't really injured; he just chose not to play. So of course, the price tag for him should be really high.

K...
07-03-2018, 10:36 PM
I got receipts. Called the Aldridge deal. Called the patty resigning. Called the Joffrey Lauvergne deal. Called Kawhis unhappines.

I got receipts. You losers are just fat and jealous you got none. I got NBA connections. Only connections most of you will get is your mouth and the a largr burrito..

Large burritos are tasty and delicious

tdunk21
07-03-2018, 10:37 PM
The reason Spurs are asking so much is they KNOW Leanord wasn't really injured; he just chose not to play. So of course, the price tag for him should be really high.

isnt that a violation of CBA or NBPA maybe? faking an injury to not play the game.

offset formation
07-03-2018, 10:38 PM
What?? If they made those moves this year to try and make the playoffs (otherwise, why sign vets to one year deals) then how is swapping Kawhi for Ingram/Kuz/Hart make them worse bets to make the playoffs :lol?

Just guessing at the motivations of Lebron supposedly/reportedly mixing the idea of moving those assets now.

Hoops Czar
07-03-2018, 10:38 PM

What's up with the Squirrelly details as if your Spurstalk handle is under high alert for giving away possible NBA trade secrets on an obscure internet message board? If you know something, just say it. There's a 95% chance he's traded so you're not really going out on a limb here. And to say he's headed West of SA when his agent said himself he'll only play in LA is doubling down on foolishness. This isn't exactly a hot take.

offset formation
07-03-2018, 10:39 PM

Those receipts are from you taking your aunt out for dinner, nothing more. Look closer.

toki9
07-03-2018, 10:40 PM

The funny thing is that with Lebron onboard, all those young players will get shafted so Magic might as well put them to some use in a trade.

offset formation
07-03-2018, 10:41 PM
Large burritos are tasty and delicious

And given our current situation, we'll be lucky not to start running out of French fries and burrito coverings. Shit is bad.

Dre_7
07-03-2018, 10:44 PM
Add the mid season freak out by James when they're at .500 and he starts demanding trades. They are going to be hard pressed to maintain cap flexibility next summer.

When that happens is when the Spurs, if they still have Kawhi and he is playing at his normal level, can talk to the Lakers about a trade.

ducks
07-03-2018, 10:45 PM
When that happens is when the Spurs, if they still have Kawhi and he is playing at his normal level, can talk to the Lakers about a trade.

Why when spurs 20 games above .500

Marcus Bryant
07-03-2018, 10:47 PM
Why when spurs 20 games above .500

ducks feeling HOYA tonight.

SAGirl
07-03-2018, 10:49 PM

65 going on 25?

I was going to say.. that lady was probably very hot in her 20s... she just has 40 years on top of that.

SAGirl
07-03-2018, 10:50 PM
Thanks for the info:tu
:lol

Pavlov
07-03-2018, 10:56 PM
I got receipts. Called the Aldridge deal. Called the patty resigning. Called the Joffrey Lauvergne deal. Called Kawhis unhappinesIt's just strange that your predictions got less and less specific after you announced the done deal four days ago.

Marcus Bryant
07-03-2018, 11:00 PM
Undone deal, tbh. That's the story so far this week.

Ice009
07-03-2018, 11:00 PM
I'm thinking the Spurs and Boston will come to a trade agreement. Not sure for who though.

That's if that talk/meeting doesn't result in Kawhi remaining a Spur

When is this meeting supposed to take place?

If this really is a done deal, why not just who it is to? No-one here knows who your supposed "source" is, so why not just say where it is to? I think you know absolutely nothing.

marinoman
07-03-2018, 11:16 PM
I think I’m in love 😍

DeRozan m8
07-03-2018, 11:16 PM
This whole entire Kawhi thing is so fucking stupid in every way

Uncle Dennis has fucked his nephew so fucking hard in the ass

RD2191
07-03-2018, 11:22 PM
This whole entire Kawhi thing is so fucking stupid in every way

Uncle Dennis has fucked his nephew so fucking hard in the ass

Tbh.

BatManu20
07-03-2018, 11:25 PM
+ 2 First Rounders. Then we could move Lonzo for something else. Who says no. #desperate

http://i66.tinypic.com/208uw40.jpg

Marcus Bryant
07-03-2018, 11:30 PM
+ 2 First Rounders. Then we could move Lonzo for something else. Who says no. #desperate

Heh. According to Hollinger's expert analysis that makes both teams worse off.

And no.

TXstbobcat
07-03-2018, 11:30 PM
You did not.Why the four day delay from the first time you said that?

Which team?

For whom?

the 4 day delay is because his predictions are senseless bullshit.

coachmac87
07-03-2018, 11:31 PM

It’s the Denver Nuggets faggot

Nathan89
07-03-2018, 11:40 PM
Tough negotiating tbh. I think Pop read The Art of the Deal.

MoSpur02
07-03-2018, 11:43 PM
[QUOTE=Ice009;9458304]When is this meeting supposed to take place?]

Honestly I'm not sure. Soon I think.

Nathan89
07-03-2018, 11:44 PM
Lakers need to try to split their assets for both Kawhi and Butler. Ingram, Kuzma, 1st for Kawhi and Lonzo, Hart, and 1st for Butler. I'm not sure of their draft pick assets.

ducks
07-03-2018, 11:45 PM

That would good instead of fake news

ducks
07-03-2018, 11:46 PM
Lakers would be smart to call wolves about butler
Leonard price tag is higher

exstatic
07-03-2018, 11:50 PM

So, bankruptcy is the next step?

MoSpur02
07-03-2018, 11:53 PM
Listen to these two idiots.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/rumor-spurs-asking-lakers-massive-012246219.html

BD24
07-03-2018, 11:56 PM
Just stop responding to auntfucker9 guys. He obviously is just randomly coming in and throwing shit at the wall :lol

He has already said 3 or 4 different vague things so that he can be "right" lol

-21-
07-04-2018, 12:31 AM
Kawhi for Butler, who says no? It will be worth it just to see Thibs play Kawhi 48 mins a game while yelling at him non-stop :lol

Mr. Body
07-04-2018, 12:54 AM
Kawhi for Butler, who says no? It will be worth it just to see Thibs play Kawhi 48 mins a game while yelling at him non-stop :lol

Butler is the biggest non-star star in this league since Jerry Stackhouse.

Marcus Bryant
07-04-2018, 12:56 AM
Listen to these two idiots.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/rumor-spurs-asking-lakers-massive-012246219.html

"massive haul" :lol worth nothing that guy is a, surprise, I know, laker fan

Marcus Bryant
07-04-2018, 12:58 AM
Well Chuck, those greedy Spurs are asking for three players and two draft picks! Can you believe that?

BatManu20
07-04-2018, 01:06 AM
Kawhi to LAC confirmed.

apalisoc_9
07-04-2018, 01:10 AM
Kawhi to LAC confirmed.

But im a suppose to be a fraud.

Been saying this multiple pages before.

Kawhi and his camp have been adamant about playing for LAC. Its been a done deal. Kawhi and LAC already talked and they want to see something happen.

Mikeanaro
07-04-2018, 01:11 AM

http://i66.tinypic.com/208uw40.jpg
No Kuzma there.

BatManu20
07-04-2018, 01:11 AM
Found this on Reddit.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DhOy_acU0AA2C9i.jpg

apalisoc_9
07-04-2018, 01:17 AM
Its a done deal.

Fucking Spurs ego is a bit too much though. The fuckheads think they can get something better. Lol

Its a done deal.

Lakers aint giving up anything specially since Kawhi wont resign with a team with lebron.

DPG21920
07-04-2018, 01:18 AM
I really don’t see a path to LAC getting Kawhi unless something drastic changes with their assets. Even if they were willing to take Pau AND Mills along with giving a lot of picks I dont think that is good enough.

Maybe if they can flip some players like Harris and Bev for some assets but who knows.

toki9
07-04-2018, 01:19 AM
Found this on Reddit.

This sounds like a reference to Joseph Sutton and his father, Jeff Sutton, of Wharton Properties. These are the same guys who supposedly cut Kawhi and Uncle Dennis in on a real estate deal in NY.

cjw
07-04-2018, 01:22 AM
The Lakers can guarantee another star joining through trade, or hope that Ingram develops into that same player. But by the time he does at the earliest, he’ll be getting a max offer sheet (two years) and Lebron will only have one year left on his deal + will be 35 going on 36.

The deal here is to find a team that will take Deng along with Ball+Hart and give you a less crappy contract plus a decent first rounder. Similar to the one they swung with the Nets and Mozgov. Orlando would make a lot of sense except for the fact that Biyambo is almost as bad of a deal as Deng. Maybe it’s Ross who is expiring but need more to make numbers work.

You can then package that pick back to the Spurs with Ingram and Kuzma. Someone like Augustin who is a serviceable backup likely is in the deal to make salaries match.

Actually, the more I mess around with it, the Magic and Spurs both pass on that. Nobody is helping the damn Lakers with that atrocious deal. What on earth were they thinking?

tim_duncan_fan
07-04-2018, 01:37 AM
So, bankruptcy is the next step?

No silly, the next step is telling your daughter that you would fuck her if she wasn't your daughter.

Chinook
07-04-2018, 01:41 AM
No silly, the next step is telling your daughter that you would fuck her if she wasn't your daughter.

And then to tell her to pretend like she was adopted.

Pavlov
07-04-2018, 01:43 AM
But im a suppose to be a fraud.

Been saying this multiple pages before.

Kawhi and his camp have been adamant about playing for LAC. Its been a done deal. Kawhi and LAC already talked and they want to see something happen.Great. What's the trade that you say already took place four days ago?

BatManu20
07-04-2018, 01:44 AM
I really don’t see a path to LAC getting Kawhi unless something drastic changes with their assets. Even if they were willing to take Pau AND Mills along with giving a lot of picks I dont think that is good enough.

Maybe if they can flip some players like Harris and Bev for some assets but who knows.

Want to agree, but if this drags out into the season with Kawhi clearly not wanting to be here and it’s a major distraction/media shit-storm, I could see RC getting desperate and trading him to Jerry West and Co for pennies on the dollar, as opposed to the Lakers for Hart and their draft picks or whatever bullshit offer they’re throwing out there.

**Unless Philly’s still offering Saric + Covington + Miami Pick + their 2019 Pick. Then I’m taking that over anything the Clips can offer.

Mr. Body
07-04-2018, 01:45 AM

Liar. Trump would fuck her regardless.

Slippy
07-04-2018, 01:45 AM
Didnt think it would unravel from the lakers side this quick. Reading its down to the clippers now & sixers are stil in contention.

Tomorrows news & narratives. Lakers feeling pressure to get Leonard deal done will do the rounds again. Rinse & repeat. Add the celtics the next day.

Spurs just have to let it all unfold.

DPG21920
07-04-2018, 01:46 AM
Want to agree, but if this drags out into the season and Kawhi clearly doesn’t want to be here, I could see RC getting desperate and trading him to Jerry West and Co for pennies on the dollar, as opposed to the Lakers for Hart and their draft picks or whatever bullshit offer they’re throwing out there.

I mean, if Lakers know SA will trade Kawhi to LAC don’t you think that would motivate them to up the offer?

DPG21920
07-04-2018, 01:46 AM
Didnt think it would unravel from the lakers side this quick. Reading its dowsn to the clippers & sixers still.

Tomorrows news & narratives. Lakers feeling pressure to get Leonard deal done will do the rounds again. Rinse & repeat. Add the celtics the next day.

Spurs just have to let it all unfold.

If Kawhi will really commit to PHI I dont see how they don’t step up and bring Fultz.

DPG21920
07-04-2018, 01:48 AM
FYI:

Slippy
07-04-2018, 01:49 AM
If Kawhi will really commit to PHI I dont see how they don’t step up and bring Fultz.

Makes sense on why that deal hasnt happened yet.

BatManu20
07-04-2018, 01:49 AM
I mean, if Lakers know SA will trade Kawhi to LAC don’t you think that would motivate them to up the offer?

One would think, but those guys seem cheaper than shit with their offer (reportedly) being Ingram + Hart + a draft Pick or two (in the late 20’s). That’s crap. I wouldn’t help the Lakers out at all unless they significantly increase that trade offer. No way, no how.

weeks
07-04-2018, 01:50 AM
Let's get this shit to 400 pages.

meanwhile LG 2018 free agency thread is 2200 pages

BatManu20
07-04-2018, 01:52 AM
meanwhile LG 2018 free agency thread is 2200 pages

Fuck LG. That place is a cesspool of retards and foreign fans who can’t type in English who legitimately think that they’re going to get Kawhi Leonard in a trade for Luol Deng, Josh Hart, and a draft pick. The majority of posters there are casual fans who don’t know dick about the NBA.

Mr. Body
07-04-2018, 01:54 AM
Fuck LG. That place is a cesspool of retards and foreign fans who can’t type in English who legitimately think that they’re going to get Kawhi Leonard in a trade for Luol Deng, Josh Hart, and a draft pick. The majority of posters there are casual fans who don’t know dick about the NBA.

Um, this place is a cesspool of retards and foreign fans who can't type in English.

daslicer
07-04-2018, 01:57 AM

:lol That's 99 percent of Laker fans.

cjw
07-04-2018, 01:59 AM
Um, this place is a cesspool of retards and foreign fans who can't type in English.

If you think it’s bad here, you haven’t seen half the internet.

Some people are plain ignorant

BillMc
07-04-2018, 02:10 AM
FYI:

LMA is the man now.

gospursgojas
07-04-2018, 02:14 AM
LMA is the man now.

Crazy how those 2 totes flip flopped in the hearts of spurs fans.

BillMc
07-04-2018, 02:18 AM
Crazy how those 2 totes flip flopped in the hearts of spurs fans.

Yeah. A year ago it was almost unthinkable.

Pako
07-04-2018, 02:20 AM
The funny thing is, Lakers think that they have alot of time to wait for Kawhi so they are trying to low ball the spurs. What they dont realize is Lebron is not a young buck. Lets say they get Kawhi on year
two, that still takes time to gel and it is not a guarantee that they will be in the west finals. Considering that, they probably have a chance to contend at year 3 but I dont think Lebron will be the same player as he is right now.
Time is much more important for the lakers than for Spurs.

venitian navigator
07-04-2018, 02:36 AM
LMA is the man now.

Yeah, and that's probably not a good thing in Kiwhi's mind...but he had a decisive contribution to let it work this way. Maybe his behavior has been this way just because he was pissed of the way Pop came to an agreement with LMA. If that's the reason, he's been wrong from the beginning, and it has been evidenced by last season outcome...that outcame that probably has pissed Kawhi and his staff even more, considering the evidence has been that also without him (and with all the concerns and anxiety he took to the team for the entire season because of the way he behaved) Spurs, relying on LMA, were anyway a play offs team.
The point is that while both Pop and LMA have shown thay can get both over themselves (the rule work also for Pop, not only the players), once Pop has accomodate his style of play and LMA decided to trust him at the point of signing his last big contract, Kiwhi till now didn't...
Its difficult to forgive, because the evidence is that a LMA/Kiwhi duo is probably a killing machine ready to compete for the title as has been evidenced by the first season they played together (67 wins and play off advantage on Warriors till the Zaza crime)...and a second season together, with LMA improvement, could have given us another title.

I hope that once Kiwhi realizes how bad his behavior has been to the team that nurtured him into a potential mvp, and how much damage he already made, he will change his mind...and be back a la prodigal son.

JPB
07-04-2018, 03:01 AM

Speeke four yoorsailf reetardh

MoSpur02
07-04-2018, 04:34 AM
Speeke four yoorsailf reetardh

spursistan
07-04-2018, 05:44 AM

Bro, stick to soccer :lol.

JPB
07-04-2018, 05:47 AM
FYI:

Growing more and more respect for LMA by the day. Presented his grievances and asked for a trade like a big boy and not publicly.

Didn't make BS stories or drama to force it and reacted like a pro after Pop didn't oblige (and adapted) and carried the spurs all year despite 20M doc ho enjoying the NYC life.

Him and Rudy closer to 100% at the 4 can be an interesting frontcourt. Now spurs need a playmaker, no matter if it's at the 1,2 or 3 spot. Manu is probably gone and you can't expect it from Murray.

Kawhi for Kyrie in a ideal world.

-21-
07-04-2018, 06:17 AM
Growing more and more respect for LMA by the day. Presented his grievances and asked for a trade like a big boy and not publicly.

Didn't make BS stories or drama to force it and reacted like a pro after Pop didn't oblige (and adapted) and carried the spurs all year despite 20M doc ho enjoying the NYC life.

Him and Rudy closer to 100% at the 4 can be an interesting frontcourt. Now spurs need a playmaker, no matter if it's at the 1,2 or 3 spot. Manu is probably gone and you can't expect it from Murray.

Kawhi for Kyrie in a ideal world.

I agree about LMA. He may be a 'diva' who cares too much about his touches and isn't necessarily a championship level centerpiece but the way he handled his grievances was the right way to do it. Kawhi and his camp could have made this a whole lot easier by just being upfront about it. Now look at the mess they've made.

spursistan
07-04-2018, 07:58 AM
Found this on Reddit.

As is it's been said before: it is basically amateur hour destroying this dude's career as we speak..

Kawhi– being the mentally-challenged dumbfuck with zero personality/character he is – is acting like a loyal foot soldier. He will commit career suicide when they say so..

bluebellmaniac
07-04-2018, 08:20 AM
Found this on Reddit.

This would explain alot. Kawhi is being manipulated to serve others financial interest. Makes it even more important to ensure Impact Sports does not get away with this, otherwise these shenanigans could become rampant throughout the league.

Harry Callahan
07-04-2018, 08:25 AM
I can't imagine the CBA would allow the team to interfere in endorsements. I mean you have seen players advertising total scams like electromagnetic wristbands before.

The endorsement thing is BS. There is no way the Spurs can PREVENT Leonard from obtaining an endorsement deal from any shoe company, car company, Sprite, Coke, Pepsi. Anything. Cris Carter was a loser his entire career and a clubhouse lawyer after he got off booze and drugs.

I am sick of Leonard using surrogates to negotiate his situation with the Spurs. This "group" is trying to prop up a failed sports agency on the back of Kawhi Leonard.

If Cris Carter knows Leonard so well, who doesn't ask the simple question of "Is Kawhi actually healthy enough to do his actual JOB - playing basketball?". In the end, that drives everything else. I am more convinced each day that the guy has been healthy since March 18 and is withholding services under a contract he freely signed for $91MM. The Spurs got 2 years and not 4 or five years of service, so KL essentially made $45MM per year of actual performance.

I don't think you can trust KL in the hands of his amateur handlers - they should be fired for greatly reducing his potential career earnings.

Harry Callahan
07-04-2018, 08:33 AM

PG and a HEALTHY KL are not in the same category. KL is a much better player, way more clutch. Tougher defensively. Agreed.

weeks
07-04-2018, 08:35 AM
yeah it's really astonishing how badly this has been handled.

offset formation
07-04-2018, 08:50 AM
Yeah. A year ago it was almost unthinkable.

Devotion and effort is all it takes.

FkLA
07-04-2018, 08:50 AM
Found this on Reddit.

They're trying to make him LeBron even though he doesn't have the personality for it. Do they really expect him to he able to carry and recruit players to their agency the way LeBron does? Not to mention the fact that LeBron himself is the one who decided to empower his unqualified friends with the agency, here it's the unqualified uncle/agent trying to empower themselves through a superstar autist.

And if Kawhi himself is a willing participant then he is completely delusional.

K...
07-04-2018, 08:52 AM
It's a done deal but pop hates America so he won't announce it on the national birthday.

offset formation
07-04-2018, 08:58 AM
This would explain alot. Kawhi is being manipulated to serve others financial interest. Makes it even more important to ensure Impact Sports does not get away with this, otherwise these shenanigans could become rampant throughout the league.

I think that's why PATFO has put their foot down on them from the get-go. Not offering the supermax. And any pushback on the doctors probably came because they suspected it was all a "ruse" from the beginning. In fact, there was a report detailing that the Spurs felt that way now that I think about it.

Harry Callahan
07-04-2018, 09:05 AM
KL will not attract other players to the Clippers. Money might. The rich, socially challenged Ballmer has all the money. Doc has no players to coach out there right now. The Clips are a glorified D League team.

What do they have to give to SA? Not sure they can make a trade that works. They just finished running off the three quality players they had in the last 12 months. Total rebuild.

cd021
07-04-2018, 09:07 AM

Harris, Boban, *2019 pick, 2021, and 2023 picks
For
Kawhi and Gasol

(Boston owns it if they make the playoffs but it could be written that If they miss the playoffs then the Spurs get their lottery pick -which is likely)

That's probably about the best that they could do, they'd be mortgaging their future but they'd be nabbing a super star this likely to re-sign.

That's not enough, more than likely for PATFO though

cd021
07-04-2018, 09:08 AM
It's a done deal but pop hates America so he won't announce it on the national birthday.

Wouldn't that mean that he loves America too much, not to take away from independence day?

SpursDynasty85
07-04-2018, 09:10 AM
That is satisfying to hear that possibly the dirty tactics of that agency is being unveiled thanks to Pop and front office. I've always given a benefit of doubt to Kawhi until all these dirty tactics and sabotaging started to happen. For all the flack Pop and front office deserve about being too boring, stubborn, and not superstar friendly, they have always dealt in "good faith". Even Stephen Jackson who got kicked out in the middle of the playoffs had nothing bad to say about Pop and the way they handled it. It's a business. I will even put less blame on the uncle who saw the green from those dirty R.E. ventures as proof they could get Kawhi more money, but that dirty, spoiled, son of a R.E. mogul agent is obviously not to be trusted and has caused so much needless damage for Kawhi, his family, and the reputation of the Spurs. Pray patience prevails. GJ RC and Pop: Staying silent but deadly when it matters...

Harry Callahan
07-04-2018, 09:11 AM
I think that's why PATFO has put their foot down on them from the get-go. Not offering the supermax. And any pushback on the doctors probably came because they suspected it was all a "ruse" from the beginning. In fact, there was a report detailing that the Spurs felt that way now that I think about it.

Impact Sports has been attempting a FAILED pivot into basketball. The NY investor dropped $10MM into a hot mess and wants a return. Impact Sports fired Kawhi's legit NBA agent and then wanted to become a group like LBJ's agency. LeBron is kind of a dolt with great basketball ability, but KL is not the guy you want to sell sneakers or sodas or cars. Tim Duncan was a much better player than Kawhi will ever be and he never sold stuff. KL should have grown a personality as a child and perhaps the situation would be different. He is not an icon, he is not a Hollywood star. He is a basketball player first, last, and always. Nothing else.

YGWHI
07-04-2018, 09:14 AM
Yeah, and that's probably not a good thing in Kiwhi's mind...
Nah..LMA is an inferior player, Kawhi never felt threatened by him, that was the other way around. LMA felt miserable and played at very low level for Kawhi's superstar level and MVP candidacy.

Without Kawhi on the team or any other player who could overshadow him, LMA is the happiest man in the world.

DPG21920
So by PHI fans who think SA has no leverage (everyone is obsessed with leverage vs the actual player :lol), I’ve been told trading Fultz for Kawhi would be selling low on Fultz.

By Laker fans I’ve been told that trading for an injured Kawhi if it meant sending out Ingram/Kuz would make them worse because of potential and depth.

RD2191
Man, what a strange situation. Almost feels like Kawhi is being held hostage by his group or some shit.

Marcus Bryant
07-04-2018, 09:15 AM
Impact Sports has been attempting a FAILED pivot into basketball. The NY investor dropped $10MM into a hot mess and wants a return. Impact Sports fired Kawhi's legit NBA agent and then wanted to become a group like LBJ's agency. LeBron is kind of a dolt with great basketball ability, but KL is not the guy you want to sell sneakers or sodas or cars. Tim Duncan was a much better player than Kawhi will ever be and he never sold stuff. KL should have grown a personality as a child and perhaps the situation would be different. He is not an icon, he is not a Hollywood star. He is a basketball player first, last, and always. Nothing else.

If they were any good Kawhi would have plenty of endorsements by now. Market size is a crutch.

Marcus Bryant
07-04-2018, 09:15 AM
Man, what a strange situation. Almost feels like Kawhi is being held hostage by his group or some shit.

Kawhi, blink twice if true.

DPG21920
07-04-2018, 09:16 AM
Nah..LMA is an inferior player, Kawhi never felt threatened by him, that was the other way around. LMA felt miserable and played at very low level for Kawhi's superstar level and MVP candidacy.

Without Kawhi on the team or any other player who could overshadow him, LMA is the happiest man in the world.

Huh? By what metric did LMA play at a low level? He dropped massive games vs OKC. Beat HOU on the road while Kawhi sat. Graded out very, very well overall, especially defensively next to Kawhi.

Harry Callahan
07-04-2018, 09:16 AM
That is satisfying to hear that possibly the dirty tactics of that agency is being unveiled thanks to Pop and front office. I've always given a benefit of doubt to Kawhi until all these dirty tactics and sabotaging started to happen. For all the flack Pop and front office deserve about being too boring, stubborn, and not superstar friendly, they have always dealt in "good faith". Even Stephen Jackson who got kicked out in the middle of the playoffs had nothing bad to say about Pop and the way they handled it. It's a business. I will even put less blame on the uncle who saw the green from those dirty R.E. ventures as proof they could get Kawhi more money, but that dirty, spoiled, son of a R.E. mogul agent is obviously not to be trusted and has caused so much needless damage for Kawhi, his family, and the reputation of the Spurs. Pray patience prevails. GJ RC and Pop: Staying silent but deadly when it matters...

SpursDynasty,

I read the FORBES magazine article on the son of the RE guy - he's from NY and stated the Bucks and Hawks were not worthy of buying. Can you imagine his opinion of the San Antonio Spurs? He probably thinks SA is nothing but horses and tumbleweeds. The real slaves in this situation are the Leonard Family to Impact Sports. Impact is holding KL hostage as they try to build a sports agency. The $10MM investment must get a return. Remember, the $10MM investment in Impact hit in Feb 2017 right before all the trouble stated. Mr. Elfus (KLs former/legit agent was fired by Impact - early 2016 The focus on Basketball players is due to profit margin for the agency. Football does not cash flow like basketball. Essentially, Impact Sports basketball division IS Kawhi Leonard. Nobody else is interested in what they have to offer, namely a bad product with lousy customer service that in the end costs you money.

DPG21920
07-04-2018, 09:18 AM
I find it funny people are talking about 10M when Kawhi could have signed a 220M contract :lol

YGWHI
07-04-2018, 09:18 AM
I agree about LMA. He may be a 'diva' who cares too much about his touches and isn't necessarily a championship level centerpiece...

Trading Kawhi creates a max spot next season, I'd love if the Spurs look for a franchise player that can be a championship level centerpiece...There will be enough great FAs.

cd021
07-04-2018, 09:19 AM
According to the report that came out yesterday-the Spurs asking price;
Kuzma, Hart, and Ingram plus 2019 and 2021 1st rounder's from the Lakers

Or

two players (probably Covington and Saric based on an older report) and three first rounder's from the 76ers.

I doubt that the Lakers make a move for Kawhi, instead waiting to after next season, while the 76ers still might but PATFO is going to have to come down a bit.

Covington, Saric, Miami's 2021 unprotected first round pick, 76ers 2019 first round pick, and the Knicks 2019 2nd rounder is probably a more realistic ask unless the Spurs do really want Fultz included.

DPG21920
07-04-2018, 09:20 AM
Trading Kawhi creates a max spot next season, I'd love if the Spurs look for a franchise player that can be a championship level centerpiece...There will be enough great FAs.

It depends on what they trade Kawhi for. It’s hard to attract true stars. LA is a mega market and had crazy cap space for years and the best they could do was Deng/Mozgov over pays until Lebron saved them.

PHI has a ton of cap space and a great core and got spurned by everyone this year.

SA has done a really good job like landing LMA, but it’s tough.

DPG21920
07-04-2018, 09:21 AM
According to the report that came out yesterday-the Spurs asking price;
Kuzma, Hart, and Ingram plus 2019 and 2021 1st rounder's from the Lakers

Or

two players (probably Covington and Saric based on an older report) and three first rounder's from the 76ers.

I doubt that the Lakers make a move for Kawhi, instead waiting to after next season, while the 76ers still might but PATFO is going to have to come down a bit.

Covington, Saric, Miami's 2021 unprotected first round pick, 76ers 2019 first round pick, and the Knicks 2019 2nd rounder is probably a more realistic ask unless the Spurs do really want Fultz included.

If the Lakers don’t trade for Kawhi they won’t get him next year IMO.

YGWHI
07-04-2018, 09:23 AM
Huh? By what metric did LMA play at a low level? He dropped massive games vs OKC. Beat HOU on the road while Kawhi sat. Graded out very, very well overall, especially defensively next to Kawhi.

Really? 2017 was the worst regular season of his career. Also, he disappeared in many playoffs games, that's why Pop called him out in front of media saying "he can't be timid"

Extra Stout
07-04-2018, 09:23 AM
Blind, unwavering loyalty to family members, with refusal to hold them accountable for their actions, to the point of destroying oneself to cover for them, is an underrated social pathology among certain underprivileged groups.

Clipper Nation
07-04-2018, 09:24 AM
KL will not attract other players to the Clippers. Money might. The rich, socially challenged Ballmer has all the money. Doc has no players to coach out there right now. The Clips are a glorified D League team.

What do they have to give to SA? Not sure they can make a trade that works. They just finished running off the three quality players they had in the last 12 months. Total rebuild.
Our roster isn't loaded with superstars or anything, but it's not a "glorified D-League team" either.

And the Clippers didn't run anyone off. CP0 and DJ wanted to leave. Blake wanted to stay, but the front office had second thoughts about his contract and found a trade for him. Even then, that wasn't really "running off." "Running off" is what Kobe did to Shaq and MVPau.

Marcus Bryant
07-04-2018, 09:24 AM
Update on the Spurs' asking price:

JdKI1wj-JpI

DPG21920
07-04-2018, 09:26 AM
Really? 2017 was the worst regular season of his career. Also, he disappeared in many playoffs games, that's why Pop called him out in front of media saying "he can't be timid"

Sure, but you are acting like he played terrible the entire time. His first season with SA he graded out well and dropped 2 masssive games vs OKC. Even in his “bad” year, he still wasn’t bad and he crapped on HOU when Kawhi sat to get SA to the WCF.

duncan2150
07-04-2018, 09:28 AM
If the Lakers don’t trade for Kawhi they won’t get him next year IMO.

I have the same feeling. If they don't have KL this year, they face a KL resign with Spurs or a trade to another team....

I don't think the Lakers are going to wait a year but if they Don't give Something the Spurs want, they will say Goodbye to KL.

Harry Callahan
07-04-2018, 09:30 AM
Our roster isn't loaded with superstars or anything, but it's not a "glorified D-League team" either.

And the Clippers didn't run anyone off. CP0 and DJ wanted to leave. Blake wanted to stay, but the front office had second thoughts about his contract and found a trade for him. Even then, that wasn't really "running off." "Running off" is what Kobe did to Shaq and MVPau.

Sorry. I'm just mad right now about this entire situation. I'll just say they (Clips) are in a strong rebuild mode and just lost their three top players in the last 12 months. That is accurate.

YGWHI
07-04-2018, 09:31 AM
It depends on what they trade Kawhi for. It’s hard to attract true stars. LA is a mega market and had crazy cap space for years and the best they could do was Deng/Mozgov over pays until Lebron saved them.

PHI has a ton of cap space and a great core and got spurned by everyone this year.

SA has done a really good job like landing LMA, but it’s tough.

:rolleyes

I'm having a good morning, don't ruin it with reality. If I say the Spurs will find a franchise player who can be a championship centerpiece, next season...They will.

DPG21920
07-04-2018, 09:32 AM
:rolleyes

I'm having a good morning, don't ruin it with reality. If I say the Spurs will find a franchise player who can be a championship centerpiece, next season...They will.

acoelho1
07-04-2018, 09:32 AM
If Kawhi is traded there is no reason to keep LMA and should try to make a deal for a pick and prospect. LMA leading this team is a recipe for dissapointment. I rather move to a full rebuild and see if any of our young guards can develop into a star, which I think Murray will become one.

pad300
07-04-2018, 09:33 AM
A "franchise player that can be a championship level centerpiece" is who?

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2017/09/2019-nba-free-agents.html

Guys like that generally don't hit the FA market, and don't go to SA if they do...

bdictjames
07-04-2018, 09:33 AM
What a mess..

Trade Kawhi for his sake, tbh...

YGWHI
07-04-2018, 09:35 AM
Sure, but you are acting like he played terrible the entire time. His first season with SA he graded out well and dropped 2 masssive games vs OKC. Even in his “bad” year, he still wasn’t bad and he crapped on HOU when Kawhi sat to get SA to the WCF.
No. I was replying to other guy saying Kawhi would feel bad for LMA's presence/wouldn't deal with him, when -again- it was the other way around.

Harry Callahan
07-04-2018, 09:38 AM
September and October can't get here soon enough. I want to see the newly 100% KL honor the contract he (with complete freewill) signed his name to. Then the future can be discussed and determined.

Play Boban
07-04-2018, 09:38 AM
Boban for Kawhi. Do it PATFO. :wow

Russ
07-04-2018, 09:40 AM

If they were any good Kawhi would have plenty of endorsements by now. Market size is a crutch.

A local radio guy in LA put it best.

First, San Antonio is boring . . .

Second, Kawhi is boring . . .

Third, Kawhi doesn't get endorsements because he's boring . . .

MaNu4Tres
07-04-2018, 09:41 AM
Harris, Boban, *2019 pick, 2021, and 2023 picks
For
Kawhi and Gasol

(Boston owns it if they make the playoffs but it could be written that If they miss the playoffs then the Spurs get their lottery pick -which is likely)

That's probably about the best that they could do, they'd be mortgaging their future but they'd be nabbing a super star this likely to re-sign.

That's not enough, more than likely for PATFO though

Harris, Boban, Shai '21, '23, '25 1sts, '21 2nd for Kawhi & Patty.

offset formation
07-04-2018, 09:44 AM

Get bent. You know you've lost the debate when you pointlessly come here to tarnish LMA to prop up your boy.

Ok, thanks for the update. KL is a better player. But you just sullied LMA, a future HOF, because why?

I have misread you this whole time. I thought you were still a Spurfan at the end of the day, but I was wrong. You're just a water-carrying asshat.

YGWHI
07-04-2018, 09:47 AM
A "franchise player that can be a championship level centerpiece" is who?

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2017/09/2019-nba-free-agents.html

Guys like that generally don't hit the FA market, and don't go to SA if they do...

I didn't hear anything about "they don't go to SA..." but the list is better than I though. Thanks for posting it!

spursistan
07-04-2018, 09:48 AM
The longer this drag out, the more stuff will come and confirm that this whole saga wasn't really about an injury or any other bullshit excuse; it is an economic power move by a desperate and amateur bunch.

(Shit might have been concocted during that China trip, right around when Kyrie asked out of Cleveland and got his wish)..

Uncle D and his minions have basically stumbled upon Derrick Rose 2.0 and will bleed his dumb ass dry before he turns 30. They are going all in with Kawhi; he is their golden goose or so they think.

Marcus Bryant
07-04-2018, 09:48 AM
A local radio guy in LA put it best.

First, San Antonio is boring . . .

Second, Kawhi is boring . . .

Third, Kawhi doesn't get endorsements because he's boring . . .

Excellent summation. Of course, boring yet great could make for a great advertisement...

offset formation
07-04-2018, 09:49 AM

https://memegenerator.net/img/images/300x300/9499686.jpg

pad300
07-04-2018, 09:50 AM
I didn't hear anything about "they don't go to SA..." but the list is better than I though. Thanks for posting it!

WHO you fucking clown? Who?

Answer the question you clown...

BillMc
07-04-2018, 09:55 AM

I haven't really paid any attention to the Clippers. What did they get for Blake and where did those players go?

YGWHI
07-04-2018, 09:56 AM
Get bent. You know you've lost the debate when you pointlessly come here to tarnish LMA to prop up your boy.

Ok, thanks for the update. KL is a better player. But you just sullied LMA, a future HOF, because why?

I have misread you this whole time. I thought you were still a Spurfan at the end of the day, but I was wrong. You're just a water-carrying asshat.

I just replied to a guy who said LMA being the man, being the first option last season could have bothered Kawhi...He said "Yeah, and that's probably not a good thing in Kiwhi's mind"

Thinking that's true it's just hilarious. There is nothing Kawhi or any superstar couldn't care less than LMA's touches or LMA's presence.

offset formation
07-04-2018, 09:56 AM
Update on the Spurs' asking price:

JdKI1wj-JpI

Extra Stout
07-04-2018, 09:57 AM

Everyone should keep in mind that there’s a good chance YGWHI actually has ties to Kawhi or his group, and has a vested interest in getting their spin out. You aren’t going to pin YGWHI down... he/she has an agenda.

YGWHI
07-04-2018, 09:57 AM

Who...what?

YGWHI
07-04-2018, 09:58 AM
Everyone should keep in mind that there’s a good chance YGWHI actually has ties to Kawhi or his group, and has a vested interest in getting their spin out. You aren’t going to pin YGWHI down... he/she has an agenda.

nym
07-04-2018, 10:02 AM
Someone please remind me.

Back when Manu4Tres (and others) first started saying Kawhi was gonna push to play in L.A. there was a poster who was adamant that Kawhi absolutely DOES NOT want to go back to L.A. Who was that?

BillMc
07-04-2018, 10:04 AM

This.

Not sure the need to degenerate LMA. He's been All-NBA 2 of the 3 years here and definitely was the reason we made the playoffs at all this year. Seems to me a good get in essence for Tiago.

offset formation
07-04-2018, 10:05 AM
I haven't really paid any attention to the Clippers. What did they get for Blake and where did those players go?

They got Boban, Harris, and a first rounder iirc.

BillMc
07-04-2018, 10:06 AM

Thanks, Bro!:toast

Clipper Nation
07-04-2018, 10:08 AM
And Bradley.

Mugen
07-04-2018, 10:15 AM
I've heard Boban lost some weight and can probably start at the 3 tbh.

offset formation
07-04-2018, 10:18 AM
And Bradley.

Ah yes, him too.

BillMc
07-04-2018, 10:18 AM
And Bradley.

Cheers. Thanks for the clarification.

Leetonidas
07-04-2018, 10:19 AM
Yghwhi is a Kawhi anus licker nothing more. Dude doesn't have any inside info just like the rest of the clowns on this site

Marcus Bryant
07-04-2018, 10:21 AM
Best path forward for both parties is to reconcile and continue the relationship. For Leonard, this means the most money and being able to play basketball generally out of the spotlight in SA which seems to suit his personality. For the Spurs, this means winning basketball games and not suffering a drop in franchise value.

SpursDynasty85
07-04-2018, 10:29 AM
Best path forward for both parties is to reconcile and continue the relationship. For Leonard, this means the most money and being able to play basketball generally out of the spotlight in SA which seems to suit his personality. For the Spurs, this means winning basketball games and not suffering a drop in franchise value.

Question is if Kawhi's family can face the city after all these rumors and allegations. It would most definitely be a humbling experience but you know there will be idiots in the city that will go overboard in ridiculing them. And if that does happen what about the backlash of LA fans at their hometown. This has turned quite complicated for sure.

TheDoctor
07-04-2018, 10:29 AM

https://media.giphy.com/media/JVqeFxl3Qo8/giphy.gif

YGWHI
07-04-2018, 10:32 AM
Its clear the Spurs don't like his family? LOL. You have proof of this? I am sure they don't like his uncle giving Kawhi bad career advice. Its almost never good to mix family with business.
Proof? We saw that every comment the Spurs leaked was about his family, "the voices" he's hearing...His family isn't Spursy a lot, they're South Cal people, I guess the Spurs wasn't ready for them, it's pretty obvious PATFO doesn't "love" them.

But I agree with you on family and business. However, Kawhi wont change his mind about that. Sometimes, a family-first guy like him, pays a high price for that.

Someone please remind me.

Back when Manu4Tres (and others) first started saying Kawhi was gonna push to play in L.A. there was a poster who was adamant that Kawhi absolutely DOES NOT want to go back to L.A. Who was that?
Me. I posted that his best two friends since HS doubted Kawhi really wanted to play home and stay that close to his whole family in LA. Family is everything...But could be suffocating and possessive too.

SpursDynasty85
07-04-2018, 10:36 AM
Proof? We saw that every comment the Spurs leaked was about his family, "the voices" he's hearing...His family isn't Spursy a lot, they're South Cal people, I guess the Spurs wasn't ready for them, it's pretty obvious PATFO doesn't "love" them.

But I agree with you on family and business. However, Kawhi wont change his mind about that. Sometimes, a family-first guy like him, pays a high price for that.

In March, I posted that his two closest friends since HS doubted Kawhi really wanted to play home season after season. Family is everything...But could be suffocating and possessive too.

What leaked that was innapproriate? What if it was Uncle Dennis and his slimy agent sabotaging and making things very difficult for both parties? It never looked personal but if your going to speak to a $20M employer for the NBA then you better know what your doing.

Mugen
07-04-2018, 10:39 AM

Not happening. The only way that happens is if Kawhi cuts ties with the group and that essentially means cutting ties with family.

The group has drawn their line in the sand and they can't back down now or risk losing the whole operation. They don't give a damn about what's best for Kawhi tbh.

sasaint
07-04-2018, 10:41 AM

Kidding, right? The UFAs are a collective dungheap.

YGWHI
07-04-2018, 10:44 AM
What leaked that was innapproriate?
I would say it was inopportune. It's never a good strategy to criticize the family of the franchise player in the middle of contract talks.

What if it was Uncle Dennis and his slimy agent sabotaging and making things very difficult for both parties? It never looked personal but if your going to speak to a $20M employer for the NBA then you better know what your doing.
I guess we will never know it.
After the Spurs trade Kawhi I doubt Spurs/Kawhi's camp would talk about this...Both parties made mistakes and talking in public about them won't help any side.

offset formation
07-04-2018, 10:45 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/JVqeFxl3Qo8/giphy.gif

https://gifimage.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/rolling-on-the-floor-laughing-gif-5.gif

Marcus Bryant
07-04-2018, 10:46 AM
Not happening. The only way that happens is if Kawhi cuts ties with the group and that essentially means cutting ties with family.

The group has drawn their line in the sand and they can't back down now or risk losing the whole operation. They don't give a damn about what's best for Kawhi tbh.

They found a way to agree to an extension in SA before. Money talks.

SpursDynasty85
07-04-2018, 10:48 AM
I would say it was inopportune. It's never a good strategy to criticize the family of the franchise player in the middle of contract talks.

I guess we will never know it.
After the Spurs trade Kawhi I doubt Spurs/Kawhi's camp would talk about this...Both parties made mistakes and talking in public about them won't help any side.

Idk. So much has leaked and especially from Kawhi's side about how hurt they are and how their relationship is irrepairable. There would be too many questions. But if they can all have a coming home moment and address the obvious in a smart manner, things can start to be repaired. It would probably start with Kawhi firing his agent and getting a new one and Kawhi being more vocal.

Dverde
07-04-2018, 10:51 AM
Kawhi, blink twice if true.
Kawhi only closes his eyes to sleep. Cris Carter told me. No luck with this test

YGWHI
07-04-2018, 10:52 AM
Kidding, right? The UFAs are a collective dungheap.
Man, if I posted before that "I'm having a good morning, don't ruin it with reality" and then I made a joke about "I didn't hear anything about "they don't go to SA"..It's clear that I was kidding.

But some fans here are too butthurt and sensitive about this Kawhi's situation that they can't see a guy having fun

FkLA
07-04-2018, 10:53 AM
Assuming he isn't a willing participant, which I still doubt honestly, then he needs to take a stand. He doesn't have to cut ties with Uncle Dennis but he can let it be known that he wants decisions that are best for him to be made. Not decisions that are best for the agency financially.

SpursDynasty85
07-04-2018, 10:58 AM
Man, if I posted before that "I'm having a good morning, don't ruin it with reality" and then I made a joke about "I didn't hear anything about "they don't go to SA"..It's clear that I was kidding.

But some fans here are too butthurt and sensitive about this Kawhi's situation that they can't see a guy having fun

Sadly, I think about Kawhi and this situation more than anything this past 1.5 weeks.

Ed Helicopter Jones

That’s been my stance the whole time. As f’d up as the whole situation has been, both parties benefit at this point from working things out.

dbestpro
It's funny how everyone keeps saying that the Kawhi relationship cannot be repaired because of the things coming from Kawhi's camp when Kawhi has never said anything himself. You ever think the mute routine is a method that allows him to say he never said, anything derogatory about the Spurs and in truth allows him the opportunity to change his mind anytime he wants.

Mugen
They found a way to agree to an extension in SA before. Money talks.

If the reports are to be believed, that was with one of his ex-agents who had a better relationship with the team. And I guess even that process was rocky.

The Spurs are tired of his bullshit and seem ready to move on, they won't offer the supermax and the group won't accept anything less tbh.

Mugen
07-04-2018, 10:59 AM
Assuming he isn't a willing participant, which I still doubt honestly, then he needs to take a stand. He doesn't have to cut ties with Uncle Dennis but he can let it be known that he wants decisions that are best for him to be made. Not decisions that are best for the agency financially.

He doesn't seem to have the maturity to do that and he's probably beyond brainwashed at this point that I doubt he can take a shit without Uncle Dennis telling him it's okay.

sasaint
07-04-2018, 10:59 AM

Good! Clearly, the Spurs chances of landing a significant FA are nil when almost none exists to be signed. But in my fantasy world, mending fences with Kawhi and signing Klay (the only real gem) would be the ideal. Oh well... (Sigh)

RD2191
07-04-2018, 11:01 AM
Can someone just beat the fuck out of uncle Dennis tbh?

YGWHI
07-04-2018, 11:01 AM
It would probably start with Kawhi firing his agent and getting a new one and Kawhi being more vocal.
His agent is just a random guy. The Spurs have issues with his family, esp with his uncle but he's not the only one. Like Mugen said "The only way that happens is if Kawhi cuts ties with the group and that essentially means cutting ties with family"...Kawhi won't do it.

YGWHI
07-04-2018, 11:03 AM
Good! Clearly, the Spurs chances of landing a significant FA are nil when almost none exists to be signed. But in my fantasy world, mending fences with Kawhi and signing Klay (the only real gem) would be the ideal. Oh well... (Sigh)
Exactly :tu :D

SpursDynasty85
07-04-2018, 11:06 AM
His agent is just a random guy. The Spurs have issues with his family, esp with his uncle but he's not the only one. Like Mugen said "The only way that happens is if Kawhi cuts ties with the group and that essentially means cutting ties with family"...Kawhi won't do it.

It's embarrassing for Uncle Dennis if he got fired by Kawhi but business shouldn't come before family meaning just because he gets fired doesn't mean he can't be apart of Kawhi's life. Spurs dont want their relationship to crumble but I'm sure all they want is Uncle Denbis to stay out of the Spurs/Kawhi business which is not unreasonable.

TE
07-04-2018, 11:10 AM
I wonder if Kawhi would speak if he was water boarded