PDA

View Full Version : Young: sources tell @ExpressNews that Kawhi Leonard wants to be traded from Spurs

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75

dabom
07-11-2018, 06:41 PM
People are too enamored with youth/potential.

Yeah, obviously DeRozan isn't Kawhi and he has his flaws but what are the chances any of the young guys that have been tied to a Kawhi trade develop into a player of DeRozan's caliber? It's really no different than PHI not wanting to give up Fultz for a Top 3 player because of potential. I'm reading some of you would prefer Saric, Covington, and MIA 1st Rounder which is insane to me.

The Spurs system/culture/development is a real thing too. It's not just some corny myth. DeRozan would get better in SA. DeRozan-LMA and hope one of the young guys can become that third fringe star (White). I'll take it given the absolute awful situation Kawhitter has put this franchise in.

offset formation
07-11-2018, 06:43 PM
that's all ST needs to start a john wall thread.

Sad, but indubitibly factual.

Spurs9
07-11-2018, 06:46 PM

Yeah, obviously DeRozan isn't Kawhi and he has his flaws but what are the chances any of the young guys that have been tied to a Kawhi trade develop into a player of DeRozan's caliber? It's really no different than PHI not wanting to give up Fultz for a Top 3 player because of potential. I'm reading some of you would prefer Saric, Covington, and MIA 1st Rounder which is insane to me.

The Spurs system/culture/development is a real thing too. It's not just some corny myth. DeRozan would get better in SA. DeRozan-LMA and hope one of the young guys can become that third fringe star (White). I'll take it given the absolute awful situation Kawhitter has put this franchise in.

I'd rather have Derozan and OG, I think he could play well here.

offset formation
07-11-2018, 06:47 PM
spur fans hate the lakers because they were the big rival
kobe vs duncan

It's much deeper than that. It's the theme of all epic stories. Good vs evil. Entrenched vs upstart. Fall in your lap vs nose to the grind. Etc.

Lakerfans are also just really generally arrogant and completely dismissive of how most teams have to win.

Chillen
07-11-2018, 06:49 PM
It's much deeper than that. It's the theme of all epic stories. Good vs evil. Entrenched vs upstart. Fall in your lap vs nose to the grind. Etc.

Lakerfans are also just really generally arrogant and completely dismissive of how most teams have to win.

Laker fans are going to really hate the Warriors by the time LeBron's contract runs out.

cutewizard

Just do it RC

KDKSpurs24
I'd rather have Derozan and OG, I think he could play well here.
Yeah I would be okay with the trade if we got OG as well.

cutewizard
How long shall we wait for the breaking news

eDizzle20
07-11-2018, 06:54 PM
This far along in the offseason the Spurs should just hold out until Kawhi plays on the court again. He should show something whether it’s USA basketball in a couple of weeks or preseason. The crap offers will continue until he’s on the court. No need to settle.

ducks
07-11-2018, 06:55 PM
How long shall we wait for the breaking news

tell it breaks

offset formation
07-11-2018, 06:55 PM
Apo me once shame on you, apo me twice shame on me

Then there's he never Apo'd me. I've seen through this fool from day millisecond. I dont even care what he writes on other boards and have no interest in doxxing him. I just want his idiocy to be a known fact on this board so long as he keeps up the schtick. He's a troll. And a fucking amateur at that.

offset formation
07-11-2018, 06:56 PM

I would too. Plus if he really wants LA next year, he has to make the decision to walk from millions more. And I fucking love that.

That said, I'm equally willing to ride the season with Kawhi's ass riding the bench or playing 45 min/gm. I really just want him treated in a manner befitting his crimes against the Spurs who never had anything but his best interests in mind, and yet still got left holding a turf sandwich.

SpursDynasty85
07-11-2018, 06:58 PM
Wishing RC took the Tobias Harris plus 2 draft picks deal. Especially if Harris was open to resigning.

Joseph Kony
07-11-2018, 07:00 PM
i guess derozan wouldnt be terrible. at least we would still be a 50 win team, not like anyone is challenging GS anytime soon. Toronto has some nice role players the spurs would need to nab though, and they better send Gasol or Mills back with Kawhitter

bklynspursfan
07-11-2018, 07:02 PM
Sad, but indubitibly factual.

That word should be censored moving forward on here.

SpursforSix
07-11-2018, 07:02 PM
i guess derozan wouldnt be terrible. at least we would still be a 50 win team, not like anyone is challenging GS anytime soon. Toronto has some nice role players the spurs would need to nab though, and they better send Gasol or Mills back with Kawhitter

:pop: Mills is off limits.

baseline bum
07-11-2018, 07:08 PM
Not saying I don't understand why we are hated Lakers we are like the Yankees, Cowboys, Duke. It's just weird the level of hate... I live in Dallas and they hate the Lakers too... But not the way Spur fan does.
WE HATE the Celts, Jazz, Sacramento, Blazers and Suns. They also hate us back.
SPURS hate is mostly one sided.
That is what I mean...

What a load of crap. You might get people in San Antonio to believe that bullshit but I lived in LA in the 2000s and remember Laker fans hating the Spurs so much they were rooting for the Pistons and Suns in the playoffs. :lol

baseline bum
07-11-2018, 07:10 PM
I'm gonna be away from my phone for a couple of hours. As I stated earlier there is a potential deal in place that sends Kawhi to Toronto. I'm not sure on who is coming back in exchange, but I'm assuming DeRozan since he plays the same position as Kawhi. If it's for Lowry I will literally cry. I'm assuming something will be announced later or perhaps early tomorrow.

I not trying to make stuff up or whatever. Just passing along info. I hope that something happens last minute to kill this trade because I don't like DeRozan for Kawhi, but i'll support it.

Can't say I'd be thrilled about DeRozan but that return would be worlds better than one centered around Ingram, Rozier, Brown, or Saric.

Dex
07-11-2018, 07:15 PM

Dead on.

People need to face the fact that if we don't keep Kawhi, we are going to get less than Kawhi. He isn't going to get traded for a Curry, Lebron, or Durant.

You can get a bunch of "assets" which may or may not work out...or cut your losses and try to get the most talent you can get back.

A mix of both would be best but...teams are playing hardball, and they have a good reason to do so. Kawhi has put the Spurs in a shitty fucking situation.

TimDunkem
07-11-2018, 07:16 PM
DD, OG, Siakam plz

FireMicoHalili
07-11-2018, 07:19 PM

Their front office has the money to fuel their arrogance

FkLA
07-11-2018, 07:21 PM

Kawhi should automatically be reworded to Kawhitter just like mispelling Elliott gives ******, tbh.

tim_duncan_fan
07-11-2018, 07:37 PM
Derozan would be a great get.

Imagine that scoring threat added to last year's offensively- challenged squad.

Too bad Toronto doesn't want to give Derozan up to have Kawhi for a couple months.

offset formation
07-11-2018, 07:40 PM

:flag:

Truth.

Killakobe81
07-11-2018, 07:42 PM
What a load of crap. You might get people in San Antonio to believe that bullshit but I lived in LA in the 2000s and remember Laker fans hating the Spurs so much they were rooting for the Pistons and Suns in the playoffs. :lol

I won't lie I moved away from LA after 2002..
So I can't speak on how it was after that. I'm just saying even when I was in LA we played yall from 1999-2003 I think 4x including yall beating us twice and shutting down the Forum and none of the Laker fans I knew hated the Spurs only Bowen and maybe Sjax. I lived in SA when they met my house was being built during the. 4 series but I did not move until November. The Laker fans I met in SA none of them hated the Spurs until we moved to SA.

Go to LG very few negative Spur posts despite them hating this site. In fact, you can even find a few posters who argue Duncan was greater than both Kobe and Shaq. I can't speak for your circle but I been to Lakers games at Staples in early 2000s and the hate for Sacramento and Portland was easily double than that for the Spurs... Even look at the way Shaq and Kobe talked about Spurs during that era. We were a cock team and cocky fan base but Spurs always got more respect than those teams.

spursreport
07-11-2018, 07:44 PM
Here we go again. God this fanbase is fucking submissive. These are the type of people who would be submissive to a nigga with AIDS shoving a dick in his/her ass/vagina with a gun to their heads (with 100% intention on killing them after) and just taking it rather than even attempting to fight it off.

MaNu4Tres
07-11-2018, 07:45 PM
Kawhi & Danny to TOR

DeRozan & OG to SA.

FkLA
07-11-2018, 07:49 PM
Kawhi & Danny to TOR

DeRozan & OG to SA.

Sauces or opinion?

FkLA
07-11-2018, 07:50 PM
Here we go again. God this fanbase is fucking submissive. These are the type of people who would be submissive to a nigga with AIDS shoving a dick in his/her ass/vagina with a gun to their heads (with 100% intention on killing them after) and just taking it rather than even attempting to fight it off.

https://pa1.narvii.com/6624/52f536e038f33e4d880cdadce37c53457239a78d_hq.gif

Joseph Kony
07-11-2018, 07:53 PM
https://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2013/10/DF2DFhS.gif

baseline bum
07-11-2018, 07:53 PM
So I can't speak on how it was after that. I'm just saying even when I was in LA we played yall from 1999-2003 I think 4x including yall beating us twice and shutting down the Forum and none of the Laker fans I knew hated the Spurs only Bowen and maybe Sjax. I lived in SA when they met my house was being built during the. 4 series but I did not move until November. The Laker fans I met in SA none of them hated the Spurs until we moved to SA.

Go to LG very few negative Spur posts despite them hating this site. In fact, you can even find a few posters who argue Duncan was greater than both Kobe and Shaq. I can't speak for your circle but I been to Lakers games at Staples in early 2000s and the hate for Sacramento and Portland was easily double than that for the Spurs... Even look at the way Shaq and Kobe talked about Spurs during that era. We were a cock team and cocky fan base but Spurs always got more respect than those teams.

Laker fan in LA did not take 2003 well. Portland and Sacramento never made their team cry, best believe they hated the Spurs after that series. And look at the way Shaq talked about the Spurs? You mean when he called them a WNBA team and made up lies about David Robinson?

MaNu4Tres
07-11-2018, 07:56 PM
Sauces or opinion?

Opinion.

spurraider21
07-11-2018, 07:57 PM
Kawhi & Danny to TOR

DeRozan & OG to SA.

Sauces or opinion?
receipts?

rastaspur
07-11-2018, 08:00 PM

Jeezuz. That goes well beyond any crazy analogy i have made. You must live in a really bad neighborhood or city. That has never crossed my mind as something that would ever conceivably happen.

gambit1990
07-11-2018, 08:01 PM
melo to sign with warriors for $12/hr + tips.

Drewlius
07-11-2018, 08:02 PM
Is there a compiled list of pertinent dates anywhere? Super Max Deadline, Team USA Reporting, Training Camp Start etc?

iGetbuckets
07-11-2018, 08:02 PM
Toronto can’t be stupid enough to give up their best young piece(OG) for a one year rental can they?

raybies
07-11-2018, 08:03 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/oOxBQwNqGwxeWLDF6A/giphy.gif

ElNono
07-11-2018, 08:04 PM

http://i39.tinypic.com/16gjztx.jpg

RD2191
07-11-2018, 08:08 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/11JliVf7HERhJu/giphy.gif

Seventyniner
07-11-2018, 08:10 PM

A bunch of Spurs fans, including many who post on this board, were teenagers or a little younger in the 2001-2004 period when the rivalry was at its most heated. That's when sports hate usually takes shape. You hate the Celtics for much the same reason, weren't you around that age for the Lakers/Celtics battles?

2008 was soon enough after to keep the flames going, and the 2013 sweep was somewhat cathartic after seeing the Lakers win titles in 2009-2010 while the Spurs were struggling (compared to their standards).

apalisoc_9
07-11-2018, 08:13 PM
Its happening boys

Russ
07-11-2018, 08:13 PM
So I can't speak on how it was after that.

I grew up in SA but I've also lived in LA since 1973, so I feel no restraint when it comes to this subject . . .

. . . I lived in LA in the 2000s and remember Laker fans hating the Spurs so much they were rooting for the Pistons and Suns in the playoffs. :lol

Hey, BB, remember that time we were at the Santa Monica Hooters and Minh (Slayer Minh I believe) was getting into it with Laker fans? These Laker fans would pull out the chest part of their Laker jerseys with two hands like they wearing falsies and then they'd lean right into us. I didn't care but Minh was a pretty volatile dude.

That SM Hooters had this bathroom that was down a level and isolated -- no place to run down there. So Minh heads down there and these two Laker fans look at each other and nod and head down right behind him. I'm feeling a sense of civic obligation (and possibly other sources of courage) so I feel I must head down there in order to help (or at least document the happenings if necessary). Thankfully, nothing happened and I don't think Minh was even aware of any of this. Were you there that time, I can't remember?

BatManu20
07-11-2018, 08:14 PM
Kawhi & Danny to TOR

DeRozan & OG to SA.

Why would we trade Danny? Kawhi & Patty or Kawhi & Pau straight up for DeRozan and Anunoby works.

Joseph Kony
07-11-2018, 08:15 PM
Why would we trade Danny? Kawhi & Patty or Kawhi & Pau straight up for DeRozan and Anunoby works.

G and F for a G and F, makes sense tbh

BatManu20
07-11-2018, 08:16 PM
I seriously doubt we trade Kawhi to Toronto, but if we did, I assume it would look something like this.

You could replace Pau with Danny, but I’d rather not. Getting rid of one of Patty or Pau is important to the deal imo.

http://i66.tinypic.com/a24sya.jpg

BatManu20
07-11-2018, 08:18 PM
G and F for a G and F, makes sense tbh

I mean I get it, but I’d hate to give up Danny unless they absolutely demanded him tbh. He’s a good value on a cheap, expiring contract, despite his G-League level offensive game.

coachmac87
07-11-2018, 08:21 PM
tru...

there's reality, then there's fantasy and then somewhere in between that is Spurstalk...

But no matter what, I'm pretty sure a lot of ppl are gonna be miserable with what happens with Kawhi. The best offer is what,?? Saric, Covington and a first LMAO. DeRozan is legit... At least in season which I'm fine with. The problem was in Toronto there was no one there to yoke him into a winner... Someone has to be able to perform when it counts that makes you believe in yourself. Always felt Elie and Jackson did that with Rob and Duncan, then Horry, then Duncan and Manu came of age and then Parker finally had his time against Miami after all those years. Tony sucked in the playoffs too for a long time. He got over it. Demarr is a quality scorer. If he gets over his playoff yips and does what he does in the season in the playoffs that alone would be worth Kawhi especially after him missing a year and essentially being seen as having a Lavar like group. Give me OG and that would make me ecstatic. A veteran All Star with a young kid with legit starter potential would be an amazing haul considering the circumstances.

Murray/DeRozan/OG/Gay/LMA would have be good out the gate and would have some potential for growth depending on OG and Murray. You can even put Bertans in there instead of Gay for more spacing. Playoffs would probably be miserable but you hope the culture and staff could be the difference which I believe will be.

There’s never a perfect outcome or situation. Spurs could’ve signed LeBron and some here would bitch and moan...Spurs won’t come out on top trading Kawhi. Period. We won’t contend trading him...but tbh are we contending with him?

That’s the reality the PATFO Fluffers and emotional, glass empty, cliff jumpers can’t agree on...yet each move the goal post depending on circumstance.

I pick on the cliff jumpers, player fans because they argue on pure emotion..no logic/substance and most have false expectations, and to me realistic expectations is lost on this board...

We’re fools gold rebuilding contenders according to SpursTalk...

marinoman
07-11-2018, 08:23 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/blob:http://www.spurstalk.com/39925b2c-4fd6-43f9-980f-6f4f81850f3bhttps://reactiongifs.me/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/reading-ikea-intructions-big-lebowski-confused.gif

offset formation
07-11-2018, 08:31 PM
Its happening boys

Begging your aunt for sex again, focker?

offset formation
07-11-2018, 08:34 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/blob:http://www.spurstalk.com/39925b2c-4fd6-43f9-980f-6f4f81850f3bhttps://reactiongifs.me/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/reading-ikea-intructions-big-lebowski-confused.gif

This legit made me lol.

TimDunkem
07-11-2018, 08:36 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/vCHKWBlygEAtG/200.gif

rasuo214
07-11-2018, 08:36 PM
I could see Toronto trading Derozan for a 1 year rental but why would they want to trade their young players as well?

acoelho1
07-11-2018, 08:39 PM
DeRozan..really. I rather ride out the year with Leonard and lose him for nothing.

BatManu20
07-11-2018, 08:39 PM
This legit made me lol.

Same :lol

Dverde
07-11-2018, 08:41 PM
Any trade machine calculation should include Brandon Paul. Spurs going to throw him in. Danny makes more sense for the salaries to work.

SpursDynasty85
07-11-2018, 08:43 PM
I could see Toronto trading Derozan for a 1 year rental but why would they want to trade their young players as well?

You sir have clear eyes.

BatManu20
07-11-2018, 08:47 PM

Because Kawhi is a top-4 player in the world and DeRozan is a top-20 at best, and realistically more like a top-30 if we’re being honest. You have to give to get. If they somehow convince Kawhi to stay past this season, it’s a massive fleece by Toronto.

What they have going on up there with that roster is not going to win any championships any time soon. If Philly gets Kawhi, Toronto immediately drops to the third best team in the East and they become irrelevant, while being stuck with DeRozan’s albatross for the next 3 years. If they land Kawhi, good chance they are better than Philly, or at least on par with them. They’d be retarded not to dump DeRozan’s contract for a top-4 player. It’s the Spurs who would likely say no to this deal, unless it’s a last resort, then RC may get desperate and panic.

baseline bum
07-11-2018, 08:52 PM
I grew up in SA but I've also lived in LA since 1973, so I feel no restraint when it comes to this subject . . .

Hey, BB, remember that time we were at the Santa Monica Hooters and Minh (Slayer Minh I believe) was getting into it with Laker fans? These Laker fans would pull out the chest part of their Laker jerseys with two hands like they wearing falsies and then they'd lean right into us. I didn't care but Minh was a pretty volatile dude.

That SM Hooters had this bathroom that was down a level and isolated -- no place to run down there. So Minh heads down there and these two Laker fans look at each other and nod and head down right behind him. I'm feeling a sense of civic obligation (and possibly other sources of courage) so I feel I must head down there in order to help (or at least document the happenings if necessary). Thankfully, nothing happened and I don't think Minh was even aware of any of this. Were you there that time, I can't remember?

Yeah Laker fan was salty in '04. :lol

Trueblood
07-11-2018, 09:06 PM
DJ (young talent on a rookie contract), Pau (expiring contract & can mentor CAT) and next year's first (probably low twenties) for Jimmy Buckets.
Then flip Kawhi to the Celtics for Kyrie and the kings top one protected first round pick. Probably ask for a second first rounder also.

Next year's starting lineup:
PG - Kyrie
SG - Danny
SF - Jimmy
PF - Rudy
C - LA

Plus we get to flip a low 20's pick for a low lottery pick.

outmap
07-11-2018, 09:07 PM
Kawhi & Danny to TOR

DeRozan & OG to SA.

DeRozan, Ibaka, OG, Poetl, future 1st rd pick for Kawhi, Pau, Mills, Paul, and future 2nd rd pick.
Starters: LMA, Gay, DeRozan, Green, Murray
2nd unit: Ibaka, Bertans, OG, Beli, White
Bench: Poetl, Walker, Forbes

or

Butler, Gibson, Bates-Diop, future 1st rd pick for Kawhi, Mills, Paul, future 2nd rd pick.
Starters: LMA, Gay, Butler, Green, Murray
2nd unit: Pau, Bertans, Bates-Diop, Beli, White
Bench: Gibson, Walker, Bryn

MannyIsGod
07-11-2018, 09:08 PM
Its amazing to me people still are under the illusion that the Spurs aren't going to get royaly fucked no matter what they do with Kawhi. Why are people having such a hard time understanding this?

rasuo214
07-11-2018, 09:10 PM
Because Kawhi is a top-4 player in the world and DeRozan is a top-20 at best, and realistically more like a top-30 if we’re being honest. You have to give to get. If they somehow convince Kawhi to stay past this season, it’s a massive fleece by Toronto.

What they have going on up there with that roster is not going to win any championships any time soon. If Philly gets Kawhi, Toronto immediately drops to the third best team in the East and they become irrelevant, while being stuck with DeRozan’s albatross for the next 3 years. If they land Kawhi, good chance they are better than Philly, or at least on par with them. They’d be retarded not to dump DeRozan’s contract for a top-4 player. It’s the Spurs who would likely say no to this deal, unless it’s a last resort, then RC may get desperate and panic.

I said I could see Toronto dealing Derozan, I just don't see them wanting to include guys like OG or their other young players.

rastaspur
07-11-2018, 09:11 PM
Its happening boys

They let you back in pharmacy school?

Ron Swanson
07-11-2018, 09:12 PM

:lmao

coachmac87
07-11-2018, 09:21 PM

:lobt:

KDKSpurs24
07-11-2018, 09:22 PM
Its amazing to me people still are under the illusion that the Spurs aren't going to get royaly fucked no matter what they do with Kawhi. Why are people having such a hard time understanding this?

raybies
07-11-2018, 09:27 PM
Its happening boys
is the location west or north of SA tho??

Spurs da champs
07-11-2018, 09:30 PM

The deals you keep parading involving Philly are even more of a 'fleece' tbh.

TheDoctor
07-11-2018, 09:35 PM
Damn :lol

SAGirl
07-11-2018, 09:39 PM
People have to stop including Pau in trades. This team has a grand total of 2 bigs (and Davis "Red Mamba" Bertans):lol

BatManu20
07-11-2018, 09:43 PM
The deals you keep parading involving Philly are even more of a 'fleece' tbh.

No doubt. Spurs are getting fleeced either way. But these trade proposals are at least somewhat realistic given the circumstances. With Kawhi likely being a 1-yr rental for whichever team he's traded to, you're just not going to get a great return on him.

Spurs could always just tell him tough shit; that he's under contract and make him play out the season, but I really don't see them going that direction, given the media shit-storm and distraction it would create. Not to mention the tension in the locker room. Think they wanna get something done before Training Camp.

BatManu20
07-11-2018, 09:51 PM
Watching Anunoby right now on ESPN2. TOR vs DEN SL. He looks like a solid prospect tbh. Man's body at 20 years old. 6'8 235 lbs with a 7'6 wingspan. Athletic. Turns 21 this month. If a deal with TOR were to be made (which I still think is extremely unlikely), he'd better be a part of the deal.

sasaint
07-11-2018, 09:52 PM
No doubt. Spurs are getting fleeced either way. But these trade proposals are at least somewhat realistic given the circumstances. With Kawhi likely being a 1-yr rental for whichever team he's traded to, you're just not going to get a great return on him.

Spurs could always just tell him tough shit; that he's under contract and make him play out the season, but I really don't see them going that direction, given the media shit-storm and distraction it would create. Not to mention the tension in the locker room. Think they wanna get something done before Training Camp.

Kawhi probably never was a locker room presence before. Perhaps he would just remain another piece of furniture. That wouldn't cause much tension. I am beginning to think that PATFO might hang on to him long enough - possibly up to the trade deadline - for him to resurrect his value.

Killakobe81
07-11-2018, 09:52 PM
Laker fan in LA did not take 2003 well. Portland and Sacramento never made their team cry, best believe they hated the Spurs after that series. And look at the way Shaq talked about the Spurs? You mean when he called them a WNBA team and made up lies about David Robinson?

What about the praise heaped on Duncan and even Pop despite the occasional Hack a Shaq.

kjhip1
07-11-2018, 09:54 PM

Lookie Lookie guess he’s working on talking to actual people?

Mr. Body
07-11-2018, 09:54 PM
Watching Anunoby right now on ESPN2. TOR vs DEN SL. He looks like a solid prospect tbh. Man's body at 20 years old. 6'8 235 lbs with a 7'6 wingspan. Athletic. Turns 21 this month. If a deal with TOR were to be made (which I still think is extremely unlikely), he'd better be a part of the deal.

Like Oladipo, Anunoby was a Tom Crean recruit at Indiana. He may have a bit of the same trajectory.

Spurs da champs
07-11-2018, 09:56 PM
With the Laker's roster construction & abundance of washed/very young talent, it will be really interesting to see just how patient LeBron really is.

bklynspursfan
07-11-2018, 09:58 PM

That almost looks like Simmons to the right of but can't tell

MaNu4Tres
07-11-2018, 10:04 PM

Patty makes no sense to Toronto. They just signed Van Fleet, have Lowry and Wright at PG.

Pau only makes sense if Ibaka is coming to SA.

Kawhi, Pau, DG for Ibaka, DD, OG or Kawhi/Green for DD,OG imo.

Vic Petro
07-11-2018, 10:05 PM
Kawhi and RC in Vegas

tbdog
07-11-2018, 10:06 PM
Honestly, there is no one in Raptors that makes sense now or for the future. They have no promising young player or a really good role player on a great deal. They overpaid to keep their core. Their two stars are not just overpaid but also unreliable.

NASpurs
07-11-2018, 10:06 PM

Spurs da champs
07-11-2018, 10:09 PM
Honestly, there is no one in Raptors that makes sense now or for the future. They have no promising young player or a really good role player on a great deal. They overpaid to keep their core. Their two stars are not just overpaid but also unreliable.

OG has potential imo.

dabom
07-11-2018, 10:11 PM

Spurs. :lol

MaNu4Tres
07-11-2018, 10:12 PM

You dont watch enough. OG is a great young promising player to try and get.

Leetonidas
07-11-2018, 10:12 PM

I actually like a lot of their role players and young guys. It's just that their "big three" sucks ass

TheDoctor
07-11-2018, 10:13 PM
#DoneDeal

rastaspur
07-11-2018, 10:15 PM

At a club and he is staring at the floor like a charcoaled version of rain man. F this awkward bastard.

Spur|n|Austin
07-11-2018, 10:18 PM

Because it's not hard to see that the Spurs still own Kawhi, just bc he wants out of SA does not mean he's out of his contract. If anything Kawhi could be royally fucked here - it's up to his camp to ensure he doesn't get sued/lose another year of his career.

Spur|n|Austin
07-11-2018, 10:22 PM
People have to stop including Pau in trades. This team has a grand total of 2 bigs (and Davis "Red Mamba" Bertans):lol

So there's no chance that a comparable, if not better big is included in the trade that Pau would be involved in?

Gino20
07-11-2018, 10:23 PM
Some funny stuff. Long, but funny. If you have about 10 mins, give it a look.

https://reddit.app.link/r7m6Vi7TtO

Just need someone to put faces of Kawhi, Pop, and a couple others.

FkLA
07-11-2018, 10:25 PM

The fuck is that autistic faggot doing at a club? Probably just standing around looking down at his phone the whole time like a retard.

Spur|n|Austin
07-11-2018, 10:26 PM
Sources say he was wearing a Spurs shirt at the Club in Vegas - done deal

Mr. Body
07-11-2018, 10:27 PM
With the Laker's roster construction & abundance of washed/very young talent, it will be really interesting to see just how patient LeBron really is.

Dude, LeBron doesn't give a shit. He's on retirement.

Spurs9
07-11-2018, 10:27 PM
https://clips.twitch.tv/SuccessfulAssiduousGullSquadGoals

Spur|n|Austin
07-11-2018, 10:30 PM

Is this that nerdy fortnite shit? What's good about this video?

gospursgojas
07-11-2018, 10:30 PM
The fuck is that autistic faggot doing at a club? Probably just standing around looking down at his phone the whole time like a retard.

Spending that supermax money #donedeal

RGMCSE
07-11-2018, 10:31 PM

Just more bs.

Ron Swanson
07-11-2018, 10:31 PM

He's probably still wearing the same Spurs shorts.

RGMCSE
07-11-2018, 10:33 PM

If you look at the side chat someone post "Sources say Los Angeles Lakers Josh Hart involved in 3 team trade discussions for San Antonio Spurs Kawhi Leonard."

Amuseddaysleeper
07-11-2018, 10:34 PM

Sarcasm?

cutewizard

Name your source good Sir.....

Spurs9
Its Josh Hart streaming and he says he has to mute his mic because his GM is calling. I don't play that nerdy game for the record either.

Amuseddaysleeper
About to be in Toronto on Monday. Any cool/nice places you can recommend?

I sent you a PM :toast

dabom
07-11-2018, 10:35 PM
Sarcasm?

Da fuck you think. :lol

Payote75
07-11-2018, 10:35 PM

perfectly said could not agree more!!!!!!!

Killakobe81
07-11-2018, 10:37 PM

Great stuff. Loved the Tony Parker bits.
Spur fans that can poke at themselves as well as Lakers are the best... Next time I watch SW:Rots this will make me laugh.

palangi
07-11-2018, 10:43 PM

OG has to be one of the more exciting players we could get

MoSpur02
07-11-2018, 10:44 PM
I'm hearing Danny Green may also be part of the deal. I hope OG is part of the package coming back to the Spurs.

8FOR!3
07-11-2018, 10:44 PM
perfectly said could not agree more!!!!!!!

Don't disagree with that sentiment but if I'm taking DeRozan I want a potentially high draft pick too because otherwise you're stuck with DeRozan/Aldridge playoff teams that aren't going to take you anywhere (not hating on either.)

SAGirl
07-11-2018, 10:45 PM
So there's no chance that a comparable, if not better big is included in the trade that Pau would be involved in?
:pop: Pau is a HOF talent and we're lucky to have him...

palangi
07-11-2018, 10:46 PM
I'm hearing Danny Green may also be part of the deal. I hope OG is part of the package coming back to the Spurs.

I wonder if green is in as part of a swap for derozan? Getting derozan and anunoby would be very exciting.

FkLA
07-11-2018, 10:46 PM
Why were Anunoby's stats so shit at Indiana? I mean, he passes the eye test on youtube highlights so surprised his college stats were so pedestrian.

ECOV
07-11-2018, 10:48 PM

I think it is, hard to tell

palangi
07-11-2018, 10:48 PM
Why were Anunoby's stats so shit at Indiana? I mean, he passes the eye test on youtube highlights so surprised his college stats were so pedestrian.

Could be his youth? He is only 20 after playing a year in the NBA

FkLA
07-11-2018, 10:49 PM

Are you bullshitting or what? Some of you do this sauce schtick to mock apalisoc but it's just as annoying.

Ron Swanson
Are we firing up the Ron Paul gif or nah?

offset formation

:lol

Mr. Body
07-11-2018, 10:51 PM

He was showing signs of being an impact sophomore before getting hurt that season. His length and instincts suggested he would be a good project. I mean, he's still not that good, but has promise.

SAGirl
07-11-2018, 10:53 PM
We can't see his face but his profile does look like JSimms. Kawhi to the Magic confirmed... Why isn't he there with Dijon or Skywalker? :lol

BatManu20
07-11-2018, 10:54 PM

Game-high 22 pts on 9/16 shooting (not counting the last heave to run out the clock). Guy already physically looks like a young Ron Artest at 20 years old.

barakz21
07-11-2018, 10:54 PM

You sir, are a savage. :lol

apalisoc_9
07-11-2018, 11:01 PM
Coming home...

https://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/rejoice.png

kjhip1
07-11-2018, 11:02 PM
So apparently Gasol is in Vegas as well...maybe they are all going to lock Kawhi in a room ala deandre Jordan..

BatManu20
07-11-2018, 11:04 PM
Vegas is only a 4-hr drive from LA. I'm on it. :lol

Ice009
07-11-2018, 11:15 PM

If he wants out, why does he keep wearing Spurs gear?

rastaspur
07-11-2018, 11:16 PM
Coming home...

:bobo

So it's official. They let you back in.Study harder this time, maurader. You can do it. Defy the odds. In short, be like pachio.

If you get stressed and are feeling the pressure please prioritize. Just cut out the laundry, cleaning, etc. Maybe aunti can pitch in and help.

Mugen
07-11-2018, 11:18 PM
:lol $100 this POS goes to the Lakers summer league game tomorrow

Keepin' it real
07-11-2018, 11:22 PM

Understanding what?

marinoman
07-11-2018, 11:25 PM

hope the video gets alot of views, love it, anyway to just post the video without link?

rastaspur
07-11-2018, 11:27 PM
"It's an illusion and not a trick. A trick is something a whore does for money."

marinoman
07-11-2018, 11:28 PM
Done deal is the universal way to say im making fun of apo for fake sources and getting kicked out of pharmacy school

Mr. Body
07-11-2018, 11:29 PM

Those are the only clothes he owns.

rastaspur
07-11-2018, 11:33 PM
Done deal is the universal way to say im making fun of apo for fake sources and getting kicked out of pharmacy school

Has anyone actually confirmed he got kicked out for bad grades? He could have gone the bill cosby route and stole some pills to drug his aunt. The i flunked out card could just be a mirage or illusion.

Lol. It sounds like i am doing my best roadhouse impersonation and are going for apo's throat. :lol. I am going to refrain from pouring more salt in the wound. If he jumps off a bridge i dont want that on my conscience. :lol

Play Boban
07-11-2018, 11:37 PM
Is this ever going to happen? I’m sick of this POS being on our roster tbh.

Amuseddaysleeper
07-11-2018, 11:40 PM
Ibaka is beyond finished, this would be terrible

Keepin' it real
07-11-2018, 11:45 PM
Ibaka is beyond finished

Yes, but he shot 11 for 11 against us in the 2012 WCF. Pop remembers ... surely he can recreate the magic.

rastaspur
07-11-2018, 11:47 PM
I just got off the phone with my most credible source. I believe in transparency so i will reveal my source.

It's marty mcfly. He just got back from a scouting trip. He confirmed that kawhi is in fact a laker. He also informed me that biff is still a dick but im not sure who that is or what team he plays for.

The convo was brief.... more to follow... stay tuned.

Vic Petro
07-11-2018, 11:49 PM
I just got off the phone with my most credible source. I believe in transparency so i will reveal my source.

It's marty mcfly. He just got back from a scouting trip. He confirmed that kawhi is in fact a laker. He also informed me that biff is still a dick but im not sure who that is or what team he plays for.

Did he say what we got back in the Kawhi deal? :wakeup

Ron Swanson
07-11-2018, 11:52 PM

Great Scott!

rastaspur
07-11-2018, 11:52 PM
Did he say what we got back in the Kawhi deal? :wakeup

Chuck berry's cousin. I believe his name is marvin berry. Sweet shooting stroke.

We also got a powerforward whose name escapes me. He's injured at the moment but looks promising. He hurt his hand with a screwdriver... thats all i know for now. More to follow.

AFBlue
07-12-2018, 12:08 AM
Chuck berry's cousin. I believe his name is marvin berry. Sweet shooting stroke.

We also got a powerforward whose name escapes me. He's injured at the moment but looks promising. He hurt his hand with a screwdriver... thats all i know for now. More to follow.

Chuck, it's your cousin Marvin, Marvin Berry. Listen to this!!!

raybies
07-12-2018, 12:09 AM
dam man... ppl out here with scurvy... hope this gets resolved soon... this thread is going to shit lol

raybies
07-12-2018, 12:10 AM
but wth... rastaspur, reciepts??

rastaspur
07-12-2018, 12:13 AM
but wth... rastaspur, reciepts??

Reciepts? Where we're going we don't need receipts.

Ron Swanson
07-12-2018, 12:15 AM
Reciepts? Where we're going we don't need receipts.

Whoa, that's heavy.

rastaspur
07-12-2018, 12:17 AM
Whoa, that's heavy.

Its deeper than the mines of minolta. He lobbed that one over the plate for me. Easy response.

sasaint
07-12-2018, 12:24 AM

:lmao

You de Man with de Sauces!

:toast

sasaint
07-12-2018, 12:26 AM

More of a slasher, tbh.

offset formation
07-12-2018, 12:28 AM

Let me guess, it was at the Enchantment Under the Sea Arena?

rastaspur
07-12-2018, 12:31 AM
Let me guess, it was at the Enchantment Under the Sea Arena?

So you talked to marty too huh. Right on. Well... a friend of marty's is a friend of mine. Im rasta. Nice to meet ya. Let's do lunch. Peace, my nig!

I think it was formerly called whoracle arena. A pimp named iceburg slim used to own it.

rastaspur
07-12-2018, 12:40 AM
All these back to the future references just sparked a movie idea.

Y'all hear my putch out. Constructive criticism and ideas are appreciated.

It's called Back to the Leacher, starring uncle dennis, kawhi mcfly, and coach pop as biff or the principal. It has promise...

It would also feature scott brooks as george mcfly? Why? Cause he is creepy af just like george

Anyone got a showbiz connection? Apo? Hook me up bro.

BatManu20
07-12-2018, 12:42 AM
Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but DeRozan deleted all the photos on his IG account today, and then posted this criptic message on his story...

https://thespun-com.cdn.ampproject.org/i/s/thespun.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/derozan-ig.png

https://thespun-com.cdn.ampproject.org/i/s/thespun.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/derozan-ig-wiped-768x468.png

BatManu20
07-12-2018, 12:42 AM
Seems odd, given the timing.

Apparently he's done this before though so could easily be nothing.

cutewizard
07-12-2018, 12:43 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=399247kHGCQ

cutewizard
07-12-2018, 12:46 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALTA1Zwf64g

cutewizard
07-12-2018, 12:47 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qR0T9VsX45Y

rastaspur
07-12-2018, 12:48 AM
Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but DeRozan deleted all the photos on his IG account today, and then posted this criptic message on his story...

https://thespun-com.cdn.ampproject.org/i/s/thespun.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/derozan-ig.png

https://thespun-com.cdn.ampproject.org/i/s/thespun.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/derozan-ig-wiped-768x468.png

Speaking of cryptic, is he still affiliated with the crips? If so, i bet pop will love that.

cutewizard
07-12-2018, 12:49 AM
Thats it, Im convinced.....DO IT RC!!!!!!

WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR RCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC???????

lol

cutewizard
07-12-2018, 12:51 AM
Omg, this guy is good!!!!!

Young OG >>>>>>>>>>> young kwitter,

Definitely!!!!!

cutewizard
07-12-2018, 12:53 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7hnkg9ZS8Q

cutewizard
07-12-2018, 12:55 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9GKWJxKaOI

cutewizard
07-12-2018, 12:57 AM
Cmon RC pls we are begging you

PPPPPLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSEE EEEE

just do it RC!

rastaspur
07-12-2018, 12:57 AM
Cute wizard's so excited. Shes about to get weak in the knees and quiver. Silly troll. So random. Gotta love the happy go lucky trolls.

TimDunkem
07-12-2018, 01:01 AM
Cutewizard is a man.

rastaspur
07-12-2018, 01:04 AM
Cutewizard is a man.

Lol. Why cant he have A NU Start? Anustart

BWS-1994
07-12-2018, 01:11 AM
IF this is true, how will a back court of Murray and Derozan pose any threat from beyond the arc?

raybies
07-12-2018, 01:22 AM
Cutewizard is a man.
well whatever it is, it's happy.

cutewizard
07-12-2018, 01:35 AM
Guys, my apologies, probably this has been posted elsewhere....

But I didnt know that Thon Maker was in that rumble, check it out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHcxPOj2EJI

cutewizard
07-12-2018, 01:41 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24PF6r3KHxk

In Slow Motion................

BWS-1994
07-12-2018, 01:45 AM
Yep. The Gilas-Boomers basketbrawl was posted earlier.

cutewizard
07-12-2018, 01:55 AM
These two commentators were fair:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dch8uETqtBo

Unfortunate. These things happen. Lets move on.

cutewizard
07-12-2018, 02:03 AM
https://hoopshype.com/2018/07/11/nba-free-agent-agency-stories-restricted-unrestricted-rumors-trades/

When an NBA player hits free agency, it’s equal parts exciting and nerve-racking.
When the process goes smoothly and the player signs a lucrative contract, he feels like all of his hard work has finally paid off and his family can be taken care of for generations to come. This is life-changing money that’s often guaranteed, so many players celebrate with their loved ones as soon as they reach an agreement. They suddenly have increased job security and much of the anxiety surrounding their future dissipates.
However, free agency doesn’t always play out that way. Every player hopes to find the right suitor and sign quickly, but everyone’s free-agency process plays out differently. That’s why July can be just as scary as it is exhilarating. For every player who signs a terrific deal and lands in the ideal situation, there is another individual who experiences drama behind-the-scenes and is upset with how the free-agency period is playing out.
Many players have a story that falls into the latter category. Some were burned by their agent, while others had a rough experience with a team. The one thing these stories have in common is that each player learned from his experience. Many of the players who offered to share their stories for this article said they hoped it could help other players when it comes time for them to negotiate a new deal.
HoopsHype talked to several current and former players about their free agency experiences. The players spoke on the condition of anonymity because they shared private stories (including some that involved other people around the league), so speaking publicly on this topic could jeopardize their relationships and career.

YOUR AGENT CAN SCREW YOU OVERPlayer 1: “I have one really messed-up story involving my agent. When I was an unrestricted free agent, I was hoping to join this one team that really liked me and my agent seemed optimistic that we could figure out a deal. I really wanted to go to this team. I felt like it was a really good situation for me and checked all the boxes that I wanted. I wasn’t too involved in the talks, my agent just kept updating me every now and then on what was happening. Well, I ended up getting word from someone in the organization that my agent was trying use me to get more money for another one of his clients, who happened to already be on that team. He was telling the team to re-sign his other client at a certain amount and saying they would also be able to sign me at a discount. I was furious when I found out. I fired my agent and, for some time after that incident, I had a really hard time trusting agents who wanted to step in and represent me.”
Player 2: “When I was younger, I was frustrated with the job that my agent was doing. Long story short, I ended up firing my agent. He was upset that he wouldn’t get a percentage of my next deal, so that’s when the craziness started. The agent went nuts, started threatening me. At this time, I was playing for a small-market team. He told me, ‘You better watch your back! I got you boys in your city!’ At first, I just laughed. Did he really just say that?! I ended up thanking him because that insane reaction made me realize I was definitely making the right decision. Eventually, he tried to repair the relationship with me and keep me as his client, but the damage was already done (laughs). Shortly after, I hired a real agent who was so much better.”

Player 3: “One time, a friend of mine was approaching free agency and there was a ton of stuff leaking about what he wanted to do. He wasn’t talking to the press, so we had no idea why so much stuff was getting out to the media. We came up with an idea to find out who was leaking the news. We decided that my friend should tell a piece of minor, false information to his agent and see if it leaked out. My friend ended up telling him that he was considering adding a certain team to the short list of franchises that he was interested in joining. Sure enough, the very next day, that info he received – and only him – was being reported by two different reporters. We found the leak and my friend eventually parted ways with the agent.”
Player 4: “I had an agent who was representing me and another player who is pretty similar to me in terms of skill set, age and position. He represented both of us when we were going through the pre-draft process at the same time and some people warned me that it wasn’t a good idea to have an agent who was representing someone who was basically my rival since we were fighting for similar jobs. My agent made it sound like it was a good thing and tried to explain that he’d hear about every team that needed someone at our position, so he could find us both jobs. But I still wasn’t sure if it was the right move. Time went by and I wasn’t too worried about it, but then I eventually became a free agent. Things were moving slower for me than the other guy. I was frustrated because I felt like I had just played well and I expected a lot of interest. My agent just kept telling me to be patient and trust him. Then, I got word that my agent was prioritizing the other client ahead of me – spending significantly more time working to help the other guy. And if a team needed a player that fit our description, he’d push the other player for the spot instead of me. Your agent can have a big impact on your career, so go with your gut and be careful who you trust.”

SOME EXECUTIVES CAN’T BE TRUSTEDPlayer 5: “At one point, there was a team I really wanted to join and I was even turning down other attractive offers because I really wanted to go to this team. They were the No. 1 team on my wish list. I thought it made the most sense for me and I was 100 percent sure I’d end up there. After all that, the team ended up calling me to say that they signed someone else who was younger. That’s my worst free agency story.”
Player 6: “I think every player has a story about a deal that seemed like it was going to happen, only to learn shortly after that it fell through or they signed a different player at your position. I went to dinner with a team and I was positive the deal would get done. Afterward, my agent and I walked out of there feeling so confident and happy. We were so excited. That afternoon, out of nowhere, they signed a different player at my position. It’s always a shock, but you try not to take it personally.”
Player 7: “Sometimes, executives and coaches will tell you what you want to hear to get you to sign on the dotted line, but then things may be way different once the season actually starts. There was one summer where I had a handful of teams that wanted to sign me and this was an important season for me. I was determined to have a big year. Every team wanted to bring me in to provide shooting and scoring, but then when I actually reported to training camp with the team I chose, they had me playing point guard and wanted me in a facilitator role. I didn’t think this was the best use of my skill set and I was frustrated because it’s not at all what we discussed during the negotiations. Now, I stress what role I want to play when I’m meeting with teams and make sure that’s actually how they’re going to use me.”

Player 8: “I’ve heard of younger players who wanted to add something to their contract, but the team has said, ‘Oh, we’ll figure that out later,’ or, ‘We don’t need to include that in the deal.’ Sometimes, their agents would even tell them it isn’t important just because they want to get the deal done. Most young guys don’t think they have any leverage or they’re just so excited to sign an NBA deal, so they roll over and don’t fight for that thing to be included. Sometimes, the team will say something like, ‘We’ll include that in your next contract,’ or, ‘Sounds good, but that doesn’t need to be writing.’ But it won’t be included in your next deal and they won’t follow through if it isn’t in writing. Young players: If you want something, push for it and get it in your deal!”
Player 9: “I’ve been in situations where the team has called me personally, and I’ve talked to the coach and the GM, and I thought it was a lock that I’d be playing with them. I even booked a flight there. Then, at the last minute, my agent called to say, ‘They signed someone else.’ It’s hard to keep your confidence up when that kind of thing happens. I do whatever I can to keep my mind off of the disappointment because the more you think about it, the more it’s going to eat away at you.”
Player 10: “One thing I hate is when executives talk negatively about a guy once he’s gone. Sometimes it happens after a guy is traded, sometimes it happens after a guy leaves via free agency. I think it says a lot about the front office. If they’re just going to [trash] a player once he’s no longer around, how do they really feel about you? I don’t care if it’s off the record – you know, leaking stuff to reporters – or if it’s on the record. Either way, it’s not cool.”

MAKE SURE EVERYONE IS ON THE SAME PAGEPlayer 11: “Sometimes, a general manager will love you and describe this great role that they envision you playing, but then the coach has a completely different plan and won’t use you that way at all. It’s important to know if a team’s GM and coach are on the same page, otherwise you may not be utilized the way you expected when you signed on.”
Player 12: “Here’s a lesson that I had to learn the hard way: Just because a team’s star player is recruiting you doesn’t mean you’re definitely getting signed by that team. The GM, who actually calls the shots, may have a very different plan in mind (laughs).”
Player 13: “I signed overseas and the team president loved my game. He was talking about my skill set and bringing up some of my best games, so he clearly knew a lot about me. I thought, ‘This is going to be great!’ But then there was the coach of the team. Before this season, he had only coached at the lower levels internationally. When I signed, it seemed like a great fit. The front office explained my role – they wanted me to provide shooting – and they kept stressing that they liked my game a lot. Well, I don’t know if this new coach had never seen me play before or if he just wanted to try something new, but he wanted to change my game entirely. He wanted me to play in a way that I had never played before, doing things that were completely new to me. I’m a scoring guard and that’s what I’ve always been. For whatever reason, he thought I’d be best as a pass-first guard. He even told me he wanted me to play like Ricky Rubio, even though my game couldn’t be further from Rubio’s. The coach would get mad when I wouldn’t pass the ball every time down the court. And, don’t get me wrong, I do pass the ball! But everyone knows my strength is shooting and scoring. Everyone except him, I guess. I actually ended up leaving the team [prematurely] because of that. Now, I never join an overseas team without talking to the coach. You must talk to the coach, not just the president. The coach is the one who determines if you’ll be used correctly and have a good time there.”
Player 14 “When I was a restricted free agent, there was a team that was really interested in me, but they didn’t want to extend an offer sheet because they were convinced that my team would match. They didn’t think there was any chance that my team would let me go. Well, my agent knew the team I was with wouldn’t match the offer sheet, so he was begging this other team to make the offer because it was the best deal I could sign that summer. The team I was with was just waiting for me to get an offer sheet and then they were going to let me go. At the end of the day, they didn’t end up making an offer because they believed they would just tie up their money and not even get me because my team would match. They didn’t believe us when we said there was no way my team would match. I ended up signing for the qualifying offer, so I could hit unrestricted free agency the following summer. Had they just listened and believed us, they could’ve signed me! Restricted free agency is the worst.”

WHEN THE WAIT DRIVES YOU CRAZYPlayer 15: “When you’re waiting to be signed, when free agency is taking longer than expected, you start to really doubt yourself. You definitely start to lose confidence. Your agent is telling you, ‘Oh, it’ll happen soon. There’s interest from a few teams. We’re figuring it out.’ But you don’t really know. Is he just saying that to make you feel better? Is your agent actually doing his job to the best of his ability? The agent may just be selling you a dream, you know? You start to question a lot of things at that point.”
Player 16: “One summer, it took me a month to sign and I didn’t see that coming at all. I thought I had played really well the previous season and I was expecting to get a nice deal pretty early. Several teams showed interest early, so I was excited. But then, one by one, they started to make other moves. Next thing I know, it’s a few weeks into free agency and I still don’t have a deal. My agent was saying that there wasn’t much money left and there was no way I was going to get the kind of deal I wanted, so my best bet was either going overseas or signing a one-year deal (so I could hit free agency again the next summer). But, to be honest, I was so frustrated that I told my agent and my friends and my family that I was done with basketball. I wanted to quit. I didn’t want to go overseas, I didn’t want a one-year deal, I didn’t care anymore. I was telling everyone that I just didn’t want to do this anymore; I was that depressed. Finally, I ended up taking a one-year deal once I got over how upset I was, but I briefly thought I was just going to quit because my free-agency experience was that [deflating]. I felt like I had worked extremely hard and it didn’t pay off.”
Player 17: “When I’ve been a free agent, I tried to stay away from the rumors and news as much as possible. I know a lot of fans, and even a lot of players, will constantly look at Twitter to see every signing as they happen, but I can’t do it. I don’t get excited about it and keep track of everything like a fan, I just want my free agency to be over. When I tried following the rumors and signings, I got in my head. I wondered, ‘Why didn’t that team show interest in me?’ or ‘If that player got $6 million per year, how much am I worth?’ I realized it wasn’t doing me any good to keep track of that stuff. Instead, I tune everything out and let my agent handle everything. Of course, once we narrowed down our list to a few teams or if something was close, that’s when I got involved. But until then, I didn’t pay attention. Sometimes people will text me or say something if they see me, and that’s fine. I can’t realistically block out everything. I just don’t want to overwhelm myself with every single rumor and move. Then, after I sign, that’s when I’ll catch up on what happened and who all changed teams.”
Player 18: “I try to find different things to pass the time. I work out every day, but I also try to find some TV shows to binge watch. I catch up on movies I haven’t seen. One year, I took a vacation with family and friends so I could just unplug and not worry about it. I’m one of those guys who gets worried about their future and what’s next, rather than get excited about it.”

cutewizard
07-12-2018, 02:04 AM
‘THE NBA IS A BUSINESS’ ISN’T JUST A CLICHEPlayer 19: “It’s important for every player to understand that as much as teams talk about their ‘family atmosphere’ and ‘brotherhood’ and all that, this is a business at the end of the day. I watched my best friend worry that he might be traded before the deadline. He went to management and they gave him assurances that he wouldn’t be dealt, and he called his kids to say that they’d be staying in that city and wouldn’t have to change schools. A few hours later, he was traded. He was crying and I felt so bad for him. This is absolutely a business and some of these decisions are brutal. Then, fans have the nerve to get upset at us when we take control of our own career by changing teams in free agency. Maybe if they showed some loyalty…”
Player 20: “Teams tell you that you’re part of their long-term future, but then they will trade you or decide not to re-sign you. And if you get hurt, you’re useless to them. But if a player makes a ‘business decision,’ we’re the enemy.”
Player 21: “When a friend of mine went through free agency, one team put together an amazing presentation for him. When he went to visit them, they took him into the arena and they had pictures of him wearing the team’s jersey on all the different signs. They had a picture of him in their jersey on the JumboTron, followed by video messages and things like that. Then, they had their PA announcer introduce him as if he were the star of that team. Then, they dropped a bunch of confetti. He was there with his family and I know it was a special thing for him; it meant a lot. Everyone wants to feel wanted, so for them to do all that, it was a huge gesture. He was ecstatic about the opportunity and he ended up signing there, hoping to be there long-term. Seven months later, he was traded. Seven. Months.”
Player 22: “Look at what happened to Blake Griffin. He had his whole pitch with the Los Angeles Clippers, where they talked about him staying with the organization for his whole career and having his jersey retired. Then, less than a year later, he’s traded to the Detroit Pistons. He was blindsided by that move. Never forget that this is a business.”

BEWARE OF POACHERSPlayer 23 “If nothing is happening for a guy in free agency, sometimes another agent will step in and try to sign that player away from his current agent. [This is called poaching a client in the agent world]. They’ll usually say something like, ‘How come you haven’t gotten a deal yet? What’s your agent doing?’ Or they’ll hear about your specific situation and ask, ‘Your agent is only trying to get you $X million?! I could get you so much more!’ Agents are constantly trying to steal players. They’re everywhere, but it’s just something you have to deal with.”
Player 24: “I feel bad for the players who do fall for what an agent says when they’re at a low point. They’ll hire this new agent, thinking he’ll fix everything. Then, when they enter free agency the following year thinking this new agent will get them way more money, they’re usually disappointed again. Usually, the agent who steals you away is just saying what you want to hear to lure you in. He’ll say he can get you this unrealistic figure. Then, when it doesn’t happen, they have plenty of excuses. Sometimes, the player will then fire that agent too. I always try to warn young guys not to switch agents just because a guy is telling you what you want to hear.”
Player 25: “With some of these young players, there’s a lot of ignorance because they just don’t understand how the process works. I honestly think it’s unfair to the agents. Those players who don’t get how the business works typically end up firing their agents. There are plenty of guys who are on their third or fourth agent, and that just means they have unrealistic expectations. They think they deserve, say, $8 million per year so when their agent works their butt off and gets them $4 million per year, they’re unhappy. But I always tell them, ‘What made you think you’re worth $8 million per year with your skill set? On what planet would someone pay you that?’ And, look, there are certainly ignorant agents too – the guys who don’t do their homework or who don’t work as hard as they should. Those guys put a stain on the business and make it harder for us players to trust other agents after we’ve been burned by one. But it’s usually the young players who are being unrealistic or aren’t appreciative of what they have. They are the ones who go running to the new agent who says he can get them an unrealistic deal.”

cutewizard
07-12-2018, 02:37 AM
https://www.poundingtherock.com/2018/7/6/17540192/san-antonio-spurs-michael-c-wright-podcast-kawhi-leonard

The Spurs have been putting up with a lot from Kawhi’s group ... for a long time139 (https://www.poundingtherock.com/2018/7/6/17540192/san-antonio-spurs-michael-c-wright-podcast-kawhi-leonard#comments)

Michael C. Wright’s appearance with Tom Habestroh’s podcast shed light on the Kawhi Leonard situationBy Tanner.Bowen (https://www.sbnation.com/users/Tanner.Bowen) Jul 6, 2018, 12:35pm CDT

Some damning new information came to light yesterday about the Kawhi Leonard (http://www.sbnation.com/nba/players/296735/kawhi-leonard) situation via Michael C. Wright’s appearance on Tom Haberstroh’s podcast (https://www.poundingtherock.com/2018/7/5/17538504/kawhi-leonard-group-san-antonio-spurs-new-york-rehab), with Wright shedding some light on the situation that the Spurs (http://www.sbnation.com/nba/teams/san-antonio-spurs) find themselves in. After listening to the podcast in it’s entirety, here are some of the key takeaways:
Kawhi’s Group believes the Spurs are too controlling
https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/tws0aVtuIYbPaVtesLcjbm8xBtk=/0x0:700x700/1200x0/filters:focal(0x0:700x700)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/11608169/LonnieIV_NBPI_BreakingT.jpgPtR’s latest T-shirt features Lonnie Walker IV, and it’s as unique as he is.

Wright explains that a big reason for the gap between Leonard (http://www.sbnation.com/nba/players/296747/kawhi-leonard) and the team is because of the perception held by Kawhi’s group that the Spurs are too controlling. However, it seems that Kawhi’s Uncle Dennis may not be the best person to evaluate how controlling someone is. Wright told a previously unshared anecdote about All Star Weekend in New Orleans in January to illustrate that point:

Let me tell you a quick story. At the All Star game in New Orleans a few years ago. Kawhi and his people are at the hotel, which is 3 blocks away from the arena. So the Spurs are like, the security people are like, ‘We need to get you out at this time for us to be able to make it to the game on time, because it’s gonna take 3 hours to get 3 blocks, basically.’ Kawhi’s people, namely Uncle Dennis, said, ‘No, we’re not doing that because the Spurs are trying to control this situation, this is what we’re going to do,’ So they decide to leave when Uncle Dennis decides to go and they get stuck in traffic!....You know what ended up happening? These guys ended up paying the hotel to hold the car and they walked, through Mardi Gras crowds, to the arena. They had Kawhi put his hood up and they walked through those crowds to the arena.

Wright makes the argument that, although Dennis sees the Spurs as a dictatorial entity, he has no frame of reference when it comes to how the 29 other teams in the NBA do business. On the subject of the injury that kept Kawhi out all season and the effect Dennis had on the situation, Wright says he made it worse:

“The major component of all this is Uncle Dennis cause he sort of fans the flames. Even the Spurs will tell you behind the scenes, ‘hey did we get this right? Well we don’t know,’ because they never got a chance to go through their rehab process long enough to know whether what they were doing worked. A lot of people don’t know this, but the Spurs gave Kawhi and his camp control of his injury situation, they let them take over on August 8th of last year. People do not realize that.”
Which brings us to the injury itself and the rehabilitation process.

The Spurs were bystanders in Kawhi’s rehab after August 8th 2017According to Wright, the Spurs handed over control of Kawhi’s injury to his group back in August of last season when Leonard complained of pain from the rehabilitation exercises that the Spurs were putting him through to treat his quad. While it was reported at various points throughout the season that Spurs’ doctors were with Kawhi in New York during his rehab process, it appears that they had no input whatsoever on the treatment that Kawhi’s doctors were putting him through, which is when we can slot the story of Kawhi’s people moving him to a different part of the building when Spurs’ brass arrived (https://twitter.com/tomhaberstroh/status/1014969734528471040).
The reason that Gregg Popovich (http://www.sbnation.com/nba/players/98773/gregg-popovich) did not have any answers for reporters and fans throughout the season is because the process was entirely out of their hands, while also being left in the dark about it, and there is still some questions about Leonard’s health as of this writing: (https://www.poundingtherock.com/2018/7/6/17538110/san-antonio-spurs-kawhi-leonard-healthy)

“Think about this, you go through the entire season, and Pop was asked these questions over and over and over again and I don’t think people realize this: Pop didn’t have any answers because the whole rehab process was out of his hands, he didn’t know anything. So when he’s saying, ‘You’ll have to ask his group,’ it’s not that he’s taking shots at Kawhi and his people its that he doesn’t know.”

Notes on the Laker trade talksThe last few weeks have brought a new phrase into the equation when discussing a potential Spurs-Lakers trade for Leonard: Godfather offer. (https://www.poundingtherock.com/2018/6/29/17517534/kawhi-leonard-trades-philadelphia-76ers-lakers-boston-celtics)The Spurs want a king’s ransom back in return for their superstar, and Wright detailed what he heard they were looking for from Magic (http://www.sbnation.com/nba/teams/orlando-magic)Johnson, while also acknowledging that it is unlikely the Spurs get back what they desire:

“From what I heard the Spurs wanted Brandon Ingram (http://www.sbnation.com/nba/players/276653/brandon-ingram), Kuzma, Hart and 3 picks. But i talked to someone else and they were like, ‘No I heard 4 picks,’...Teams are not going to do that deal, and as the summer progresses I think teams are going to be less likely to do that type of deal and the Spurs are going to have to reel back what their demands are at this point.”

The Spurs are still unsure of what to do with LeonardGoing forward, it appears that there is uncertainty with what will happen with Leonard and the franchise, even among higher ups in the organization:

“Even right now, as we speak, the Spurs STILL don’t know what they want to do with him. I’ve had conversations in the last couple days with very high ranking Spurs’ officials and they do not know. They don’t know if and when a trade is going to happen, they don’t know if they’re going to keep him and trying to work it out. Now their preference is to keep him and try to work out it.”
Wright points out that there is a certain 221 million dollar super max extension that could clear all this up, at least for the moment, but after the year the Spurs just had dealing with this situation, they are fully aware of the risks that would come with handing over 30% throughout the next 5 years of their cap to Leonard:

“My guy told me, ‘Hey i bet if we put that big check in his face, everything will work out.’ And my response to that was, “Ok that’s cool, it’ll be all kumbaya for a couple months, but what happens if Uncle Dennis or Kawhi decides they wanna pull this same stuff from his past season?”
This would appear to confirm that the Spurs have yet to even offer the super max extension, acknowledging that it is a massive gamble to give up that much money and cap space on a player and his group that seemingly has become unpredictable and unhinged.
In the end, Wright believes the Spurs are at a point where they will do what is best for them, not for Kawhi. Much like this entire drama has been all year though, do not expect a timetable to lay it all out for us.
You can listen to the entire podcast here (http://bit.ly/KawhiB2B).

cutewizard
07-12-2018, 02:39 AM
Leonard the autistic retard cannot manage his life....

He should connect with our very own Manny Pacquiao......

my goodness

FireMicoHalili
07-12-2018, 02:42 AM
looooooool :lmao

FireMicoHalili
07-12-2018, 02:44 AM
These two commentators were fair:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dch8uETqtBo

Unfortunate. These things happen. Lets move on.
I’ve watched Pogoy (the guy who kicked Goulding in the nuts) a lot of times when he was in college. One of the most cerebral guys around but the kid plays dirty and gets to the other team’s heads. He’s a kid you’ll love coaching and playing with but hate going up against.

FireMicoHalili
07-12-2018, 02:47 AM
Coming home...

PATFO read about your struggles in college and decided to trade Leonard to Toronto because they found out you live in Canada. Toronto is sending Lowry, Anunoby, Pöltl, and picks to San Antonio and will be changing its team name to the Toronto Marauders as part of the deal.

benefactor
07-12-2018, 02:49 AM
https://i.imgur.com/xTgKEQm.gif?noredirect

cutewizard
07-12-2018, 03:55 AM

NickiRasgo
07-12-2018, 04:29 AM

I’ve watched Pogoy (the guy who kicked Goulding in the nuts) a lot of times when he was in college. One of the most cerebral guys around but the kid plays dirty and gets to the other team’s heads. He’s a kid you’ll love coaching and playing with but hate going up against.

I'll be biased because I graduated from FEU (FEU-EAC) so I won't pinpoint that he's the one started the fight. :lol But hey, he's the reason why we're the champ last 2015. :toast

Kuestmaster
07-12-2018, 05:14 AM
Fucking filipinos, they are like animals.

NickiRasgo
07-12-2018, 05:37 AM

r0drig0lac
07-12-2018, 06:02 AM

https://media.giphy.com/media/PCRTI3txP4c4E/giphy.gif

Thomas82
07-12-2018, 06:11 AM
Dude that is stupid. Why wouldn't we hate the Lakers?

For one, you were our biggest pain in the ass during Duncan's prime. Two, your team stands for the complete opposite of what the Spurs stand for. Glamour, destination city, that poaches other team's stars. A player in Kobe that was as selfish as they come and who was wrongly put above Timmy by way too many large-market catering media members. League darlings (SAC Game 6, Stern openly saying his dream finals are Lakers vs Lakers).

Go toe to toe in your profession with someone that was handed life on a silver platter and who continues to get preferential treatment and see how much you like that guy.

Well said!!

TheCerebral1
07-12-2018, 06:32 AM
The Raptors have nothing I would be a fan of acquiring. That is with DeRozan who is a monumental downgrade. Sorry stay on the east coast, you no defense, shoot always hack.

iGetbuckets
07-12-2018, 07:18 AM
I’m not the biggest Derozan fan , but i definitely choose him over the trash both the sixers and lakers have been offering

San Antonio Slayer
07-12-2018, 07:48 AM
Derozan+Ibaka would be awesome even though we would still need a starting SF

iGetbuckets
07-12-2018, 07:55 AM

Ibaka moves like he’s 50 now days and doesn’t he have a bad contract ?

Mr. Body
07-12-2018, 07:58 AM

Ibaka is dunzo.

kjhip1
07-12-2018, 07:59 AM

Hells to the no for ibaka, he is owed 44 million the next two years. Not same player we saw in OKC.

iGetbuckets
07-12-2018, 08:00 AM
Ibaka is dunzo.

I figured that seeing how raptor fans want him gone so badly

offset formation
07-12-2018, 08:26 AM
So you talked to marty too huh. Right on. Well... a friend of marty's is a friend of mine. Im rasta. Nice to meet ya. Let's do lunch. Peace, my nig!

I think it was formerly called whoracle arena. A pimp named iceburg slim used to own it.

ECOV
07-12-2018, 08:43 AM

Get over yourself :bobo

Mugen
07-12-2018, 08:47 AM
:lol Calling it now, Kawhi shows up to the Clippers/Lakers game and not the Spurs game....really over this nigga tbh

ECOV
07-12-2018, 09:03 AM
:lol Calling it now, Kawhi shows up to the Clippers/Lakers game and not the Spurs game....really over this nigga tbh

Be really sad if that happens

cjw
07-12-2018, 09:11 AM
YOUR AGENT CAN SCREW YOU OVER

Player 1: “I have one really messed-up story involving my agent. When I was an unrestricted free agent, I was hoping to join this one team that really liked me and my agent seemed optimistic that we could figure out a deal. I really wanted to go to this team. I felt like it was a really good situation for me and checked all the boxes that I wanted. I wasn’t too involved in the talks, my agent just kept updating me every now and then on what was happening. Well, I ended up getting word from someone in the organization that my agent was trying use me to get more money for another one of his clients, who happened to already be on that team. He was telling the team to re-sign his other client at a certain amount and saying they would also be able to sign me at a discount. I was furious when I found out. I fired my agent and, for some time after that incident, I had a really hard time trusting agents who wanted to step in and represent me.”

In basically any other industry, this stuff is plain illegal. For instance, if you’re selling a company and steer them towards one buyer over another because you stand to make more money from that buyer (say you are financing their deal), that can land you in huge trouble with regulators or courts.

Heck, some conflicts of interest cost Goldman Sachs a $20 million fee here: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-goldman-kindermorgan/goldman-sachs-loses-20-million-fee-for-el-paso-deal-idUSBRE8891CW20120910

Basically it was argued that they had a huge stake in the buyer and it influenced what they had the buyer pay for their client, the seller.

Agents conflict disclosures seem basically non-existent. It’s a few good agents and a bunch of frauds who are trying to screw guys out of their hard earned money.

look_at_g_shred
07-12-2018, 09:16 AM
Why lol was it reported he was going to be at summer league today?

RD2191
07-12-2018, 09:24 AM
Why lol was it reported he was going to be at summer league today?

He was spotted at a Vegas club last night

look_at_g_shred
07-12-2018, 09:29 AM
He was spotted at a Vegas club last night
Maybe ole boy is coming to his senses??

Mugen
07-12-2018, 09:39 AM

:lol Don't bet on it my nig, dude's going there to disrespect the Spurs even further...wouldn't surprise me if he's there this weekend and then is a no-show for Team USA camp a few weeks later...

Vic Petro
07-12-2018, 09:41 AM

RC was watching the Clippers yesterday. Maybe they’ll sit on opposite ends of the gym like a 6th grade school dance

exstatic
07-12-2018, 09:47 AM
RC was watching the Clippers yesterday. Maybe they’ll sit on opposite ends of the gym like a 6th grade school dance

...with Uncle Dennis as chaperone.

RD2191
07-12-2018, 09:53 AM

Not if he shows up to the Lakers summer league game. :lol

tholdren
07-12-2018, 09:57 AM
I told you all in 2014. He will lead no teams to anything

rastaspur
07-12-2018, 10:08 AM
This forum will absolutely explode if he shows up for the lakers game. I hope that idiot does. The chaos which ensues will be priceless.

And he will look like the biggest benedict arnold since..... well, benefict arnold i guess.

Mueller should investigate kawhi and his group. Its a real travesty and frankly SAD!

SpursDynasty85
07-12-2018, 10:32 AM

DeRozan would be a great SF as well as Danny Green as his back up or along side him at the SG and vice versa.

kjhip1
07-12-2018, 10:46 AM
This forum will absolutely explode if he shows up for the lakers game. I hope that idiot does. The chaos which ensues will be priceless.

And he will look like the biggest benedict arnold since..... well, benefict arnold i guess.

Mueller should investigate kawhi and his group. Its a real travesty and frankly SAD!

ducks
07-12-2018, 10:52 AM
Why the Spurs Might Choose the ‘Nuclear Option’
https://www.poundingtherock.com/2018/7/12/17514820/san-antonio-spurs-kawhi-leonard-nuclear-option

SpaceCoast Spursfan
07-12-2018, 10:54 AM
Don't know the quality of this information but colleague who has family member in Orlando FO told him he heard a deal is close, and would be Toronto. He says only holdup appears to be trying to get a third team involved but there is a plan b in place involving only Spurs/Raptors.

Even this individual said information is difficult to come by and sometimes changing or conflicting, but he was told there seemed to be a change fairly recent that there was simply no path to reconciliation.

rastaspur
07-12-2018, 10:56 AM
Don't know the quality of this information but colleague who has family member in Orlando FO told him he heard a deal is close, and would be Toronto. He says only holdup appears to be trying to get a third team involved but there is a plan b in place involving only Spurs/Raptors.

Even this individual said information is difficult to come by and sometimes changing or conflicting, but he was told there seemed to be a change fairly recent that there was simply no path to reconciliation.

That's not what marty mcfly told me. Maybe he just got back from the future again.... i got a call into him..... more to follow

ducks
07-12-2018, 10:56 AM
did he say if it was just leonard involved from the spurs

exstatic
07-12-2018, 10:57 AM
Sending him to Toronto would be almost as delicious as sending him to Minnesota. I hope they beat Boston like a rented mule, and Ainge calls RC crying.

rastaspur
07-12-2018, 11:01 AM
When i formulate a sentence about a man and what is going on with him or what i would like to see happen to him i avoid the use of terms such as delicious like its the plague. Lol. Just saying....

SpaceCoast Spursfan
07-12-2018, 11:06 AM
did he say if it was just leonard involved from the spurs

Not much detail. He said trade info is coming from Toronto sources/connections not Spurs source, and was their feeling Spurs had finally accepted no way to repair relationship.

ducks
07-12-2018, 11:11 AM
thanks

JPB
07-12-2018, 11:13 AM

Hey, the return of the sauce clown ! Different alias, same shitty style.

So this time it is (take a seat) "a colleague who has a family member in Orlando FO..."

The divorced cousin of my plumber's nephew heard his barber's neighbor say that a Sacramento ball boy told a $50 parking lot hooker while she was blowing him that a SA-Toronto trade might happen, or not.

ducks
07-12-2018, 11:17 AM
http://www.ibtimes.com/kawhi-leonard-rumors-raptors-favored-trade-spurs-over-lakers-76ers-celtics-2699225
Kawhi Leonard Rumors: Raptors Favored To Trade With Spurs Over Lakers, 76ers, Celtics

rastaspur
07-12-2018, 11:18 AM

The divorced cousin of my plumber's nephew heard his barber's neighbor say that a Sacramento ball boy told a $50 parking lot hooker while she was blowing him that a SA-Toronto trade might happen, or not.

I heard it was the other way around. The hooker told the john. It hasnt been verified. There was alot of mumbling since she was on the clock at the time.

Witnesses say it wasnt really intelligible. Said it sounded like shaquille oneal trying to practice ventriliquism

JPB
07-12-2018, 11:21 AM
http://www.ibtimes.com/kawhi-leonard-rumors-raptors-favored-trade-spurs-over-lakers-76ers-celtics-2699225
Kawhi Leonard Rumors: Raptors Favored To Trade With Spurs Over Lakers, 76ers, Celtics

Well, it didn't take long this time :lol

I guess sauce clown's "colleague" called all the media..

SpursDynasty85
07-12-2018, 11:23 AM
All these rumors are for gambling sharks to make money or grab attention, imo.

SpaceCoast Spursfan
07-12-2018, 11:25 AM

The divorced cousin of my plumber's nephew heard his barber's neighbor say that a Sacramento ball told a $50 parking lot hooker while she was blowing him that a SA-Toronto trade might happen, or not.

Not trying to claim I am some sort of insider. My Co worker's brother has been with the Magic organization for 21 years and is a high ranking operations employee. This I know to be fact.

We have worked together for almost two years, and attended the Spurs/Magic game together this past season. He gave me this info this morning at work after speaking to his brother last night. I do not have details because he wasn't told any, other than my first thought was is this coming from former Spur coach Chad Forcier. Was told was from Toronto side.

I don't care where Kawhi goes (only that we get decent return). Just passing on information that I got from a coworker and friend (though not a close one)

Mr. Body
07-12-2018, 11:30 AM
I heard he was getting traded to the Jacksonville Jaguars.

daslicer
07-12-2018, 11:30 AM

My uncle whose friend of a friend's older brother who works in the Raptor's FO also told me a trade was imminent. These wannabe Stephen A's get tiring after a while.

offset formation
07-12-2018, 11:31 AM
Not trying to claim I am some sort of insider. My Co worker's brother has been with the Magic organization for 21 years and is a high ranking operations employee. This I know to be fact.

We have worked together for almost two years, and attended the Spurs/Magic game together this past season. He gave me this info this morning at work after speaking to his brother last night. I do not have details because he wasn't told any, other than my first thought was is this coming from former Spur coach Chad Forcier. Was told was from Toronto side.

I don't care where Kawhi goes (only that we get decent return). Just passing on information that I got from a coworker and friend (though not a close one)

Maybe the third team they contacted was Orlando. Would make sense as a reason they would know.

ducks
07-12-2018, 11:33 AM
I would prefer the spurs wait until the usa camp
unless spurs are afraid if media sees him play less value

ducks
07-12-2018, 11:36 AM

I heard they trading him for the former president!

Keepin' it real
07-12-2018, 11:44 AM
He traded yet?

JPB
07-12-2018, 11:46 AM
I heard it was the other way around. The hooker told the john. It hasnt been verified. There was alot of mumbling since she was on the clock at the time.

Witnesses say it wasnt really intelligible. Said it sounded like shaquille oneal trying to practice ventriliquism

I can confirm, I was there waiting my turn... I mean going to the library for my thesis.

Ball boy was almost done and when hoe pushed on his prostate, Johnny boy went : "Arrrrgh, fact yeah lady... ! Kawhi to Raptors."

Or maybe it was "Arghhh, fuck yeah baby, congrats to that whore !", I'm not sure I was looking for my $50... I mean my library card.

spurraider21
07-12-2018, 11:46 AM
clinton

JPB
07-12-2018, 11:49 AM
Why isn't anybody suprised that Manu4Trash is lurking this thread right now...

Proxy
07-12-2018, 11:56 AM
Why isn't anybody suprised that Manu4Trash is lurking this thread right now...

why do you say that? He and Mo's info is always right

JPB
07-12-2018, 12:01 PM

Don't waste your time, son. You put a little more effort this time after all your previous epic fails but this story doesn't make any more sense than the others. It's beyond comprehension at this point why you seem so obsessed by inventing yourself an insider persona.

It only took 2 min to find an article (probably the one where you picked it) where the info was already posted before you came with your ridiculous sauce...

Do everyone a favor, starting by yourself, and stop being an embaressment to this board.

Mr. Body
07-12-2018, 12:02 PM

Which one? There are four living former presidents. Or there are the dead ones. Which one do you mean? I want to understand your joke.

Ron Swanson
07-12-2018, 12:04 PM

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2013/02/incredulous.gif

Killakobe81
07-12-2018, 12:04 PM
Sending him to Toronto would be almost as delicious as sending him to Minnesota. I hope they beat Boston like a rented mule, and Ainge calls RC crying.

Sounds good all around to me...

dabom
07-12-2018, 12:05 PM

JPB
07-12-2018, 12:07 PM

Why am I saying that a freaking fan board no name poster claiming to have a friend close to LMA, connection with Kawhi's camp, a friend who's friend with George Hill (and Godzilla knows what else), and who is always coming up with infos you can see on other sites or he's heard on radio is a clown ?

Because I can use my fucking brain.

But I'm done with the sauce clowns. Shall they bring all their colleagues step-brothers, friend of a friend, colleague a of step-brother, step-brother of a colleague, friend of a step-brother's colleague, colleague of a step-brother's friend... Let them ruin this board since there's no moderation.

Mr. Body
07-12-2018, 12:09 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2013/02/incredulous.gif

That's what I was looking for.

Ice009
07-12-2018, 12:10 PM

I thought someone said Chad Forcier got hired by the Grizzlies to be an assistant coach this upcoming season?

SpaceCoast Spursfan
07-12-2018, 12:18 PM
I thought someone said Chad Forcier got hired by the Grizzlies to be an assistant coach this upcoming season?

Just did search and you are correct, he recently became associate head coach for Grizzlies. During the conversation the only Spurs ties I could think of were Chad and J Simms, but again was told info from Raptors connection.

bklynspursfan
07-12-2018, 12:21 PM

SpaceCoast Spursfan
07-12-2018, 12:23 PM
Don't waste your time, son. You put a little more effort this time after all your previous epic fails but this story doesn't make any more sense than the others. It's beyond comprehension at this point why you seem so obsessed by inventing yourself an insider persona.

It only took 2 min to find an article (probably the one where you picked it) where the info was already posted before you came with your ridiculous sauce...

Do everyone a favor, starting by yourself, and stop being an embaressment to this board.

Not sure who you think I am, but OK. And again I am not a insider, have never claimed to be, have no connection to the Spurs (besides being a fan), and qualified the circumstance of the second hand information I was told

Bellboy
07-12-2018, 12:29 PM

Well it’s becoming clear what the sauce of the rumors may be.

BatManu20
07-12-2018, 12:31 PM

These odds change weekly. Wouldn't put much stock into it tbh. Lakers, Sixers, Suns, and now Raptors have all been the favorites at some point.

Robz4000
07-12-2018, 12:33 PM
These odds change weekly. Wouldn't put much stock into it tbh. Lakers, Sixers, Suns, and now Raptors have all been the favorites at some point.

Never Even though.

marinoman
07-12-2018, 12:35 PM
I would much rather have Jimmy Butler than DeRozan. DeRozan will make spurs fans into believers in the regular season than shit on himself in the playoffs

Dex
07-12-2018, 12:36 PM
The Vegas odds show that there may be rumors or rumblings or whatever, but we already know that. It's been reported by a few outlets and discussed here for the last 10 pages.

Keep in mind that Vegas is designed so that the house wins. They want people to pour money into things that are far from sure bets, even if the odds make it seem otherwise.